[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 17 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

File: 1548254228_1453770.jpg (471 KB, 2500x2500)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
How about a6300? How are they for video? I am trying to learn how to shoot video and know wtf i'm doing
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
if you're just focused on the results then pretty much any 4k mirrorless camera is gonna do pretty well for video.

but if you have the budget for an a6400, then spend a little more and get a fujifilm x-t2, ergonomics, features, and design are superior. Both are similar in specs.

But also you'll notice battery life on mirrorless cameras are shit, so you'll need to keep charging/switching batteries, or you can get a battery grip accessory to extend charge. The a6400 doesn't have an official one from sony, you're going to have to get a third party one, where you need to hook up an external wire to use the vertical grip, which looks weird. The fujifilm has an official battery grip with the x-t2, so it won't have that wire hanging out the side.
>>
>>3532644
what other cameras around the same price point of the a6300 are also good for shooting film.
Most of my friends who're into photography use sony so that is what i'm most familiar with.
>>
>>3532644
This is the correct answer.

Also, the X-H1.
>>
>>3532645
>eos m50
which people say is the budget eos r (canons flagship full frame mirrorless)
>gh4 or g7 or g85
older cameras can get it for pretty cheap, video can still compete with cameras of today, for photography not the best though, also its a micro four thirds sensor so smaller sensor than a6400/x-t2 and all these apsc cameras, meaning it won't do as well in low light and its harder to get a lens with the field of view you want.
>a7 ii
If you're fine with 1080p. Its got a fullframe sensor (bigger sensor than the other cameras).
>>
Sony aps-c is still hanging on.
The new model advantage is the autofocus, it has improved a lot since a6300 (yay instant cat eye focus) and there's no firmware update for old ones like there was for a7iii. Also, new models have touchscreen that can be used to move focus point around. There is no joystick, so it's a big deal - only alternative way to move it is the d-pad/dial on the back. It's a pain on a6300. Do not commit 61/000 if you want evf, they have 800x600 viewfinder.
>>
>>3532633
Just get a7riii
>>
>>3532633
Sony is the best choice for video, they are used by the BBC for nature documentaries and the Japanese use them on the ISS, they have more cine lenses than any other mount by a long shot. Fuji even make cine lenses for sony mount, but not their own mount.

A6300 will do fine, it has a great sensor and s-log is fantastic for grading, if you feel the want to upgrade in the future there's the a7s range, which are the only bodies to have a full frame, full sensor readout without line skipping or pixel binning, giving the sharpest images and best low light performance of any camera available.
>>
buy the a6500 instead. no overheating, ibis and has Touchscreen. just bought one from e-infinity
>>
I've started with a a6000. It was a good camera after all, and you will be able to find different cheap lenses. If i'm not wrong the 6300 also have an audio in, that's a huge pro considering you will be able to mount a fine microphone and keep everithing cheap and simple.

Anyway, I think that the best thing about an a6300 is that you will be able to sell it as soon as you will want to upgrade.
>>
>>3534548
iv*
>>
GH5 if video is what you are into. It is much better than the Sony.
>>
>>3534591
Can confirm, my biggest gripe with my a6300 is no ibis - aftermarket lenses have no oss.
>>
>>3532633
sony a6300, a6400 suffers from prominent rolling shutter, especialy in 4K. the upside is AI eye AF in a6400. If you need things to look stable, might need a gimbal tho.
>>
XH-1 with battery grip and 2 extra batteries can be had for 1k new.
>>
a6300 is the cheapest way to get IMX284. If you want to upgrade to IMX571, you have to commit a Fuji X-T30, because Sony decided that their own APS-C cameras are not worthy.
>>
>>3532648
How's the m50 with adapted lenses? Budget wise it's perfect but I've been on the fence on spending $750 on a dead M-mount
>>
>>3536460
if you want native Sigma DC DN AF primes, Sigma will release them for Canon EOS M
>>
Ya'll praising sony itt forgot about one very important thing : Sony's IBIS fucking sucks. Panasonic/Olympus is miles beter. Go watch some tests if you don't trust me.
>>
>>3536495
Oh that's actually great. I might cave in and try it after all.
>>
>>3536508
>wow, who would have thought stabilising a sensor that is half the size would be so much easier!
>>
>>3536508
Having 4 times the sensor size means I can get away with 4 stops faster shutter speed and higher iso and still get the same image quality as your babby toy.
>>
>>3536060
Rolling shutter is a non-issue in real world use.
>>
>>3536508
Use a gimbal.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.