[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 129 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

File: 20190826_200917.jpg (2.59 MB, 3260x1473)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB JPG
Video and filmmaking thread. Everything about the "joy" of generating motion picture and becoming a rich and famous director, DoP or producer. This thread is traditionally visited by the who is who of the film branche. So you can use it to network and get a kickstart in the glory industry of big pictures and story-telling.

Also some gear.

STICKY - https://pastebin.com/8genEgUy
>Helpful guide, additional books and more in-depth FAQs - https://pastebin.com/kG0gRmTZ

Though nobody here uses digital tec. We all exclusively shoot on 56mm thermal paper.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera ModelSM-G925F
Equipment Makesamsung
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Created2019:08:26 20:09:17
Image OrientationUnknown
FlashNo Flash
ISO Speed Rating400
F-Numberf/1.9
Focal Length4.30 mm
Exposure Bias0 EV
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Time1/10 sec
>>
Made this after going on a hike the other day. I’m admittedly not great at editing.
https://sendvid.com/fcsqlmh6
>>
>>3526462
decent. but the artificial vignette sucks, too much slow-mo and you could get some pol and gnd filter.
>>
>>3526476
Thank you for the feedback, I will look into those.
>>
>>3526380
Hey, cheers for making a new thread. I completely missed that we had passed the bump limit on the old thread so long ago. I guess I got distracted
>>
Panasonic S1H just had it's details revealed and it's total shit ahahahahaha
>>
>>3526764
elaborate. I don't have time for this.
>>
>>3526764
why? by far the best video specs of any stills/video hybrid camera up to now as expected, sony will have a super hard time matching this with the a7s3
>>
>>3526771
>a7s3
What? Last heard that line was dead.
>>
>>3526462
How did you film yourself while taking pictures?
>>
Got a job as the Key PA on an indie film, what should I kno?
>>
>>3526850
Key Personal Assistant? well .. just assist.
>>
>>3526865
it's key production assistant
the head of making coffee for everyone
>>
>>3526847
That’s a friend that came with me but you could do that with a slider or Ronan S
>>
>>3526764
I thought it looked decent. Price was a bit too high, though.
>>
Anyone have experience with Sony RX0 II? I think I've found one pretty cheap and don't really have a small camera/action camera. If you can even call it an action camera
>>
I'm so unsure on what to buy as a first camera.
I was almost ready to just purchase de Eos M and then I thought I might want to record from a video, with zoom. It would be my first camera so I'm not sure: the amount of zoom and the quality you get depends entirely on the lens, not the camera, right? So I can stick to my choice, I don't need to research more cameras.
>>
>>3527217
A6600 is coming out check it out
>>
>>3526764
Sour grapes, poorfags btfo yet again
>>
>>3527327
>Don't buy that shitty old camera wait for this new camera that's like 4x+ the cost

>>3527217
Yes your zoom will depend on the lens, if you wanna do zoom shots tho probably get something with a constant aperture, so your shots don't darken while zooming. If you don't want anything out of focus while zooming then it will have to be a parfocal lens too. I.e. you will probably need an expensive cine lens. If you wanna do the meme slow zoom just do it in post, even better if you get a cheap 4k camera and publish 1080p
>>
>>3527363
>Yes your zoom will depend on the lens, if you wanna do zoom shots tho probably get something with a constant aperture, so your shots don't darken while zooming. If you don't want anything out of focus while zooming then it will have to be a parfocal lens too. I.e. you will probably need an expensive cine lens. If you wanna do the meme slow zoom just do it in post, even better if you get a cheap 4k camera and publish 1080p
Thanks a lot, I'll research all that
>>
>>3526764
atomos just revealed that they're working on prores raw together with panasonic for the s1h
so this camera will kill the nikon zs, the sigma fp and will probably send sony back to the drawing board again because they don't even need to bother doing the s3 at this point
>>
If I bought an external SSD would I be able to make premiere less of a glitchy slut? I was looking at this one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Extreme-Portable-SSD-Read/dp/B078SWJ3CF?ref_=Oct_BSellerC_430547031_5&pf_rd_p=33553edf-c9d4-58c0-b790-ac78935ec931&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=430547031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=S65KZFY960E5YWYV21T7&th=1
>>
>>3527729
Get a real girl not a dirty slut, use Resolve.
>>
>>3527705
I think it'll kill those cameras at that price point. Nikon has the same RAW deal with Atomos as Pan does. Although, having to send it to Nikon and pay a service charge for it is a hassle and Nikon probably need to rethink that strategy.
>>
>>3527935
>I think it'll kill
*I DON'T think it'll kill
>>
>>3527935
Nikon has not raw at all right now. They claimed and advertised it like crazy at launch, now everything is quiet as fuck with no news or release in sight.
>>
>>3527940
They just announced it.

>Scheduled to arrive later this year, the output RAW data stream will enable recording in ProRes RAW video format on the Ninja V 4K HDR monitor/recorder made by ATOMOS, Nikon’s collaborator in developing RAW video output technology.

>https://nikonrumors.com/2019/08/27/nikon-n-log-3d-lut-version-1-00-for-z7-and-z7-released.aspx/
>>
>>3527705
The only pro it will have over the z6 is 6k as opposed to 4k.
Considering that the nikon z6 is literally less than half the price, the s1h definitely does not kill it. Further, the bmp6k is over a grand cheaper and provides internal 6k raw.
So once again, panasonic is not breaking any boundaries but its shills will pretend that it is.
>>
>>3527947
both the nikon z's internal recording capabilities are super limited, basically forcing you to record externally for a similar quality to what the s1 do out of the box
the p6k hsa two stops less of dynamic range is s35 and overall a totally different camera without autofocus and all that
yeah it always depends on what you need and what kind of flexibility you're looking at, but the s1h might be the most full featured videocentric full frame because it bundles what the vlogger kids want with internal 422 10 bit log+large gamut and external raw
>>
File: 1455802590_1226386d_cr.jpg (136 KB, 1278x719)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>3527943
Haven't seen that, good for them. On other hand I've also just seen that news about you needing to send your cam to Nikon to upgrade it? The hell is that about?

>>3527947
Nobody is shilling it. It's just silly body by all accounts and worth salivating after. It's true step forward in the medium. That doesn't mean anyone is buying it either, it's just to darn expensive right now. Still, feature list is absolutely staggering, and every single preview I've seen has been positive, and I'm genuinely hyped for the future this cam will push us into. I mean people shooting a7sii's are hyped by it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Pwt7VCfP8

What's really interesting is how much bigger it is compared to regular s1's.
>>
>>3527952
>>3527952
Yeah, s1 is the new king. Even with them bastarding out and selling vlog for 200 extra, they are they're invigorating the sector with internal lut's, shown live over vlog itself!
>>
>>3527952
The nikon z6 with external = 4k raw recording.
The panasonic s1h with external = 6k raw recording

Without external, the s1h records a better file. It also costs twice the price. It is by no means a killer in the same way that the arri alexa is not a canon c200 killer. Claiming otherwise is ridiculous and reeks of fanboyism.

Trying to go further and claim that points about the bmp6k don't matter is going even further into ridiculous territory. If you're not a shill then you're the worst type of fanboy.

>>3527961
>nobody is shilling
Fanboyism isn't any better.
I agree that the camera looks great and it's worth getting excited over. But ridiculous statements are ridiculous statements. For example, see >>3527966
King of what? Cameras that cost three and a half grand plus the cost of an external recorder for full frame 6k prores raw? Sure.
Anything else? Not so much.
>>
>>3526462
nz mate?
>>
>>3527975
Nope, I’m on the West Coast in the US. NZ would be a dream to shoot in though.
>>
Am I the only one who isn't exactly excited about any of these new cameras?
If Sony doesn't magically pull something incredible out of their ass like full frame raw 4k 120fps with built in ND filters and a price below 2500$ I don't see a reason not to skip this generation
>>
You are all incredible pathetic specs slurping kiddos. did you ever think about when you will be satisfied? when the first 960fps 120mp middle format action camera with 32bit 48 stops DR and 5th dimension IS comes out? but no, why not have 961fps? 960 is so lame.

why is "everything you need" always in the future and never in the past? .. well, I have a trembling clue, but that's something you don't want to hear. go ahead; be good hyped and every-gadet-consuming citizens which are so needed by the peolpe who need yet another bugatti.
>>
>>3526462
Ok to me. Thanks for sharing content. Not so many people share there work on /vid/ but you can find a lot of gearfag.
>>
If Sony doesn't magically pull something incredible out of their ass like full frame raw 4k 120fps with built in ND filters and a price below 2500$ I don't see a reason not to skip this generation
>>
>>
>>3528028
Thanks! I mostly do boring corporate work so this was a fun little project. I wish more people would post there work here.
>>
>>3528069
people don't want to get doxxed, the autists on this board can't help themselves
>>
>>3527998
No, blackmagic have kinda killed all the fun of the brand wars.
Unless you NEED full frame for some reason (and let's be honest, that 'reason' is just to be a pretentious hipster), then there is no better option than the pocket cinema camera
>>
>>3528005
I can't wait for when consumer mirrorless cameras (cause DSLRs will be dead) are shooting raw 8k internal footage for less than a grand and red and arri somehow still haven't gone out of business.
(And canon entry level cameras only shoot 6k at 31fps but have the best image quality)
>>
>>3528079
>the virgin full frame vs the chad super 16
>>
>>3528080
I can’t wait until the low priced cinema cameras cause DSLR manufactures to remove the stupid recording length limit on video, and add moar video stuff to their cameras as well.

t. I switched from my DSLR to a bmpcc 4k because the recording length limit sucks balls.
>>
>>3528080
I can't wait till smartphones shoot 3200fps at 120mp. I need more realism on my 14000hz 500" monitor.
>>
>>3528148
Isn't more a tax/legal thing? Like they have to sell them as camcorders instead of still cameras without that limit?
>>
I always wonder, and I'm sure I'm not alone, how good a cheap cinema camera from canon would be if they actually tried.
I say this as a 5div owner. Despite the memes/criticisms, the 4k from that camera is actually kind of incredible. On top of that, magic lantern managed to get internal 4k raw out of the fucking 5diii. If canon wanted, they could 100% release a camera to rival the bmp4k/6k.

People always comment that the reason they don't do this is because they don't want to cut into their cinema line; if they released a stills camera that was also a perfect indie cinema cam then they'd lose money. But the thing is, when I bought my 70d years ago, it was already perfect. Like, the image from that was such that you would never need a camcorder. Seriously, if you needed better image quality, it would be because you were making videos professionally. So you had a consumer camera with interchangeable lenses and a s35 sensor that was 'it'. Anyone who wanted to make home movies couldn't do better than that camera despite their camcorder line. It even had amazing autofocus in video mode that people commented at the time was camcorder-tier.
And the 80d is one of the most popular vlogging cameras on the market for youtubers. The 1dxii is one of the best dslrs you can get for video even today (despite releasing like 4 years ago or something). So basically their camcorder line is already just for idiots who can't into research (or who think that XLR ports into the camera are more important than image quality and have never considered recording audio externally).

It's just frustrating I guess.
/rant
/blogpost
>>
>>3528160
>my home video camera is perfect
okay
>>
>>3528076
That’s too bad. I’d really like to see what other people are doing for inspo
>>
>>3528160
We want cheap, businesses do not. Cheap is less profit margins. And "cutting into their cinema line" is a very real issue, why spend resources developing a product that will net you less profit AND not really bring in new customers (at least not being able to prove you will to executive staff) at the same time killing the cinema sales. This is called cannibalizing.
>>
Anyone use shotcut? I'm trying the color grading feature and can't really understand it, the color wheel for shadows appears to affect nearly the entire image except the lightest highlights, and my footage shows a pretty good spread on the waveform from highlights to shadows. Also the vertical sliders which appear to imply value seem to just affect exposure of the entire image as well not just the shadows/mids/highlights.
>>
>>3528184
shadows/midtones/highlights are completely different from lift/gamma/gain
from what you're describing it behaves like the latter
the fact that they're using these basic terms interchangeably means you want to avoid that software for grading
>>
>>3528178
I'm not at all claiming that there's a financial incentive for canon to do so. I just wonder how good it could be.
Even the c200 was a surprise for most people.
>>3528171
Perfect for home movies, yes. Their camcorder line is already pointless (same goes for sony and panasonic). So then you move up to cinema cameras. Seriously, you don't need 10 bit 4:2:2 4k log for your family vacation videos. Not even close.
>>
>>3528175
I too wish that we could have nice things
>>
>>3528156
It probably is a legal thing, but it’s an annoyance when shooting concerts or press conferences. You lose some footage having to start recording all over again every 10 or 20 minutes or so.
>>
>>3528193

If they want to keep cinema customers from switching over to blackmagic, canon might want to consider releasing a lower priced cinema camera for people who don’t have a Hollywood budget but want a Hollywood quality image.
>>
>>3528219
the pocket camera is only really competitive at the poorman level. canon's cinema line won't have real competition from BM until the ursa g2 is out and about long enough to prove reliability.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1527117821535.jpg (40 KB, 720x720)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>3526380
I'm a video editor for a handful of YouTubers, we have a studio but the editing equipment is very out of date, I.e. movie maker, I've tried a few other software's but honestly they're so difficult for me to learn. I feel like I would be much suited on an apple device. But I mean I've been at it for two and a half years, started with no experience. I would love to move into something much bigger but I feel very constricted 1, being in a small rural town and 2, I feel like my experience wouldn't be enough to cut it in something big you know? Like my cuts are basically flawless and the nuance with styling is perfect for film editing but I just don't know where to look to get into something new

Camera SoftwarePicasa
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width720
Image Height720
Unique Image IDcb17b3ba2d7e00010000000000000000
>>
>>3528286
Develop some fucking patience, sit down, and learn how to use an nle. There are no shortcuts and you can search all over the internet for a magical cure-all that will let you be lazy and make better videos but you won't find shit.
There are pre-pubescent kids using premiere pro. Are you telling me you're dumber than an 11 year old?
>>
>>3528291
Shit man you make a great point, I might be more ignorant than an 11 year old but definitely not dumber I'm gonna look into it and try to learn more.
>>
>>3528188
as a matter fact they mean the same. lgg is the non-threshold way to affect baka. which is preferable.
>>
>>3527998
>If Sony doesn't magically pull something incredible out of their ass like full frame raw 4k 120fps with built in ND filters and a price below 2500$

The FS series are that but with a +5k price tag. I imagine those camera are gonna have to come down in price significantly if the RAW packages in these $2k mirrorless camera are any good.
>>
>>3526850
Asides from "make coffee for everyone" Keeping an eye at all times for things that will be needed before time will give you a huge advantage to make your work easier, quicker, and will make everyone on set happy. Also it will make you look like you can resolve problems before they become problems and set you in a good light in the eyes of the crew, wich equals being called again on set on any next project. Also be polite and friendly with everyone, you never know who will hire you next and maybe anyone in that small indie could make it to the big leagues and call you any time if you made a good first impression.
Happened to me as a DoP with my last gaffer and electrics.
>>
>>3528286
What part in particular? Just trimming clips and inserting into tracks and stuff? I've been trying the open source ones and have landed on shotcut. Other than the color grading weakness mentioned earlier in this thread, it's pretty fucking easy and intuitive.
I tried cinelerra a couple years ago, was unintuitive AF but I think I got the basics down, but just switched over to shotcut bc it was so easy and exported to so many formats without crashing. There's a new cinelerra fork though and someone dressed up its website nicely af, I should give it another try.
>>
>>3528318
Are you calling him baka or is this a filmmaking term I've not learned
>>
>>3528286
Learn Resolve. It’s free if you don’t deliver in 4k. And if you deliver in 4k it costs under $300. It’s great at color grading, and doesn’t require you pay a monthly fee, Adobe sucks balls, to use.

Watch some YouTube videos to learn how to use it. If you ever want to color grade footage or decide to work with a raw workflow, Resolve shines.
>>
>>3528379
Thank you so much for the heads up!
>>
>>3528232
But people making YouTube videos. Vloggers mainly, don’t want to buy anything about the poormans cinema level. They might want Canon’s awesome autofocus but they won’t pay north of 5k to get it.

A cheap cinema camera would get Canon profit from the YouTube content creation crowd, that wants to get a good looking cinematic image. That looks good on YouTube; they don’t care about putting stuff on the silver screen.

Canon would not lose money because processionals would buy cheaper stuff they would gain money by selling to content creators that want to steam stuff on YouTube and/Or Vimeo.

Source: I have an MDA in Technology Management.
>>
>>3528498
I meant professionals would not buy stuff make for YouTube. They’d buy stuff for projecting on larger screens.

t. I’m on MDMA right now; MDMA is a powerful tool that helps autists liek me. Plus, you haven’t lived, anon, until you shitposted while high.

My Technology Management MBA gave me the sills I need to use Tor and shitcoins to buy all the psychedelic drugs my autistic ass wants to eat.
>>
>>3528498
there's no point, you can do talking heads youtube with a 5 year old camcorder. most of them aren't photographers, so all the features don't matter.
>>
>>3528498
also, your data quality means shit starting out, because youtube won't priortize your videos until you have a substanial following. your files will just get compressed down.
>>
Generally speaking, How can I edit footage to look like the video at the top of this guys site?
http://www.nico-ballesteros.com/

No other way to link it sorry. I’m not sure what kind of processing would get video to look like that but I imagine it’s pretty easily doable
>>
>>3528846
Just add a bunch of different effects and click on the "just fuck my shit up" button.
>>
>>3528673
Compression ratio for YouTube channels is dependent on subscriber count!?
>>
>>3528846
try a posterization filter with 2 or 3 colours.
>>
File: glitch.png (526 KB, 730x487)
526 KB
526 KB PNG
Looking to upgrade from my RX100v

Either looking at getting an A7 or A6xxx, used because I don't have a unlimited budget.

I don't really know much about the A7's because there are so many of them.

Looking for something that can do 4K without overheating + mic input.

What get family?
>>
>>3529413
Get the A6300 if you are using external stabilisation or are happy only using OSS lenses so you have more money for glass, get the A6500 if you want in body stabilisation. You can mod them to shoot longer than 30 minutes using openmemories tweak.
>>
>was originally going to document simple industrial chemistry operation
>has now been upgraded to large scale operations trial
>boss now wants 20-40 minute documentary
>has 'complete faith in me'

Where the hell do I start? There seems like an enormous gulf between cutting together a few key moments from a single event with some nice titles and maintaining a decent narrative for a 2 week operation. Any suggestions for books and other educational media?
>>
>>3529487
you're fucked. Hire a director who has done documentaries before and stick to the roles of producer and dop if you must
>>
>>3529495
I'd love to but there's no budget for that. At the moment, I can wrangle some nice rugged hard drives and perhaps a few lenses out of it (which I'd get to keep) but it seems more sensible to just admit defeat rather than look like a dick.
>>
>>3529499
>No budget for that
Give them what they paid for. I.e. tell them you're in over your head but you'll give it a stab. I liked Indy moguls documentary how-to's, haven't done any though.
>>
>>3529487
If I was in your situation, I'd watch a couple of corporate documentaries (maybe ask your boss for examples of the type of thing they want it to resemble) and not worry about completely ripping them off in terms of style/pacing.
When it comes to filming, just get as much footage as possible. Of everything. Make sure that includes lots of b-footage establishing shots. Also take photos just in case.
Write a basic 'script' (ask your boss for some assistance on getting that together) and find the employee with the best voice and ask them to narrate it for you - shouldn't take more than an hour tops to record (it doesn't have to be 'good').
Your boss can't be expecting the world in this situation, so you should use it as an opportunity to learn. And if it comes out even half decent, you'll be in a great position to make proper documentaries if you want.
>>
>>3529413
Any reason why you're adamantly sticking to sonys?
>>
Will blackmagic ever make a full frame video camera?
Will Canon's cameras ever get in-body stabilization?
Will Sony ever release the A7SIII with a flipout screen that flips to the side?
>>
>>3529502
>>3529574
Thank you very much for the advice. I'm a little more hopeful. I probably won't accept any offers of equipment this time round so there's no pressure if it all goes wrong.
>>
paid 700£ for used
Panasonic Lumix 12-60 3.5 - 5.6
panasonic leica 8-18mm F 2.8-4
did i do good?
>>
>>3529575
Lumix is a bit spenno, canon 4k is cropped

sony has also has pretty good af
>>
Bros wtf I tried out the Sony a7III today and I absolutely fucking hated it. The EVF was horrendous quality and the screen isn't actually a touch screen and the menu system was archaic as fuck.

I was gonna switch from Canon to Sony but I don't think I can. Am I just a brainlet?
>>
>>3529947
I know that feel just too well, mate
I got an a7r2 as the normal daily driver stills camera over a year ago and still can't let go of my 6D because it's just so much comfier and quicker. I got the sony menus figured out completely by now and know every quirk by heart but I still can't really be bothered to use it when I don't have to have the resolution or dynamic range
it's a shame because in terms of quality it's a no brainer
>>
File: image.jpg (868 KB, 2000x2000)
868 KB
868 KB JPG
Sometimes when I get hired by bands to record concerts, I get people attending the bands complaining about me filming because they don’t want to appear on film? How do I deal with such people? Should I just ignore them and keep filming the concert; their complaints ruin good footage. Or is their another way to handle them.

I guess I could use an external hidden sound recorder in another location so I could replace their complaints with sounds from the concert.

Since the band gave me the green light to record, so I really need to worry about people complaining about me invading their privacy. The bands play at bars, so the people complaining are as drunk as fuck. Even if I am in the right I don’t want drunk assholes destroying my gear.

Would insurance against equipment damage protect me from drunk asshats destroying my stuff?

Could I get into trouble if I just ignored the assholes and continued filming.

Help me I’m a autist, what is the best way for me to deal with this situation.

Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Width2000
Image Height2000
>>
>>3530035
I had a somewhat similar situation the other day actually. Just focus on filming the band and make that somewhat clear. If people ask you, tell them that.
I think the audio recorder in a separate place is a good idea.
But by and large, as long as you establish yourself as filming the band from the start, people should understand that. And anyone who doesn't want to be filmed will make a conscious decision to be away from you.
This all depends on you filming the band though. If you're trying to get audience shots or artsy over the shoulder shots, then don't be surprised if people start telling you to fuck off
>>
>>3530039
People usually tell me to fuck off when the band wants audience shots or artsy shots. I might tell the band I’ll only do those types of shots if the audience is ok with it, so I don’t risk my equipment.

Or set up a tripod and record the stage and walk away because people don’t bother me when I do that.
>>
>>3530035
What the fuck? I've shot plenty of concerts and festivals and taken stills and video of the audience and no one has ever said anything to me. Where do you live and how small are these concerts?

You could possibly see if the venue will put up a sign that says something like "by entering this venue you consent to being filmed/recorded" right at the entrance.
>>
>>3529574
>Your boss can't be expecting the world in this situation,
lol
>>
>>3530035
>complaints
don't aim at them
most people won't complain, but those that do can fuck off
>external hidden sound recorder
this is a good idea anyway
buy a few zoom h1s and scatter them about to get some sweet 5.1 audio in post
>>
>>3529628
>Will blackmagic ever make a full frame video camera?
why would they?
>Will Canon's cameras ever get in-body stabilization?
why would they?
>Will Sony ever release the A7SIII with a flipout screen that flips to the side?
probably should
>>
>>3530121

I am shooting friends of mine who are playing at local bars. Me and like 5 or 6 others are the people at these events. My friends want to use to photos to promote their band.

I also shoot photos and video for another friend who runs jazz shows with a lot of people watching the jazz band. I have no problems with people there.

It’s when I’m photographing my friends playing at bars that I get hassled.

I also shoot at protests with a lot of people and don’t get hassled there either.

I guess it’s the drunk idiots who are acting stupid near the stage at the bar where my friends are playing who don’t want to be photographed.

But, I promised my friends that I’d photograph them as they play at local bars so that they can promote their band on social media and make posters and other stuff to promote the next bar that they are playing at.

When I don’t get hassled I’m using pro gear like a bmpcc 4k, when I get hassled I’m using a shitty Panasonic mirrorless with a fixed lens that was loaned to me by a member of the band. I’m not risking my bmpcc 4k by taking it to a bar filled with angry drunken retards.
>>
There's a used A7SII on sale near me for almost half of its new MRSP.

Is it worth it?
>>
>>3526380
Got let go from my comfy editing job. Anyone in LA have some good facebook groups to join for freelance work?
>>
>>3530810

Search for “Encyclopedia Dramtica” on Facebook and join that group.
>>
>>3530818
Based!
>>
>>3530718
Only if you really have a need for it. Lenses are expensive, and it hasn't aged well even compared to m43 cams.
>>
>>3526380
About to pull the trigger on my first, own, big boi camera.

Even though I've had rebels, and work mostly with Canon 5Ds and 1Ds, and I love them, I think I'm going to get the A7iii

Needs:
>Full frame
>Video for work
>Photo for work/pleasure

I'm leaning towards the A7iii.
Anything else I should consider?

>Blackmagic anything
I would do so in a heartbeat if I did video work only
>Canon DSLRs
I love them, but their 4K is laughable (workflow wise).S ame for slowmo, and low light performance.
>Panasonic
I love the GH5, but the m43 sensor is a deal breaker.
>>
>>3530852
>2019
>buying 1080p for 'video work'
Stop shilling idiot, you're transparent.
>>
>>3530852
Prepare to want to kill yourself as soon as you first use the A7III.

Horrible horrible not user friendly at all camera. If you're serious about video work get a monitor because the onboard screen is really low-res and you might miss focus.
>>
>>3530198
>>Will blackmagic ever make a full frame video camera?
>why would they?
Better image quality, it "pops out" more
>>Will Canon's cameras ever get in-body stabilization?
>why would they?
not everyone is a "pro" cinematographer, some of us just want to take their camera everywhere with them and shoot without using 3 tons of equipment
>>Will Sony ever release the A7SIII with a flipout screen that flips to the side?
>probably should
Yeah Sony has been in a bad spot lately, they better wake up and not take the Canon cripple hammer route or else...
>>
>>3530822
I'd be upgrading from a Canon APS-C cam
>>
>>3530852
Panasonic s1 is the non retarded version of the a7iii and basically a full frame gh5
>>
Fuck yes, I knew it was possible to do rear anamorphic adapters.

I hope Laowa manages to make them universal, working for other lenses than their own cinelenses.
>>
>>3531069
Pic related?
>>
>>3530822
>it hasn't aged well
It's literally still the best low light camera available for less than 5 grand...
>>
>>3530852
Look at the nikon z6 and z7. Very good prices and raw video confirmed release date if you use an external recorder.
The z6 is less than $1500 too
>>
>>3530718
Probably. The camera is prone to over-heating and relatively poor battery life. Other than that, it's pretty much perfect
>>
>>3531114
It never was. Not even in it's family. Next to Nikons and Panasonics it's completely outdated, and overpowered.
>>
>>3531117
>goes to a higher iso and with less noise than any pansonic, nikon or blackmagic under 5 grand
Yeah, nice try. I don't even like sony cameras that much, but denying the a7sii's low-light superiority is incredibly disingenuous
>>
>>3531118
>higher iso
kek don't tell me you fell for that advertising meme. In low light you film LOW iso. Unless you have dual native iso, which sony hasn't... But it's on few panasonics and bmpc.
>>
>>3531120
>ignoring actual video quality and objective low-light performance
I can only assume you've never seen the footage. Either way, don't talk about shit you clearly don't know anything about
>>
>>3531123
I know what you do. You're shilling useless outdated Sony crap across every thread.
>>
Damn, that C500 Mark 2 is looking sexy
>>
>>3531002
>Better image quality, it "pops out" more
then why does the super 16 bmpcc have better looking footage than the full frame cameras?
>>
>>3531185
Because most anons don't understand what the difference between full frame and a crop actually is, and only want full frame for meme-related reasons
>>3531130
Nope. I'm actually a canon fanboy funnily enough; I just don't feel the need to lie about any brand. If the most important aspect to you is low-light, sony cams are your best option.
So if you were shooting a documentary about moon-watchers or something similar, I would 100% recommend the a7sii.
If you're shooting a narrative film set mostly at night then I would not recommend that camera. I would recommend buying some lights and lighting your shots properly rather than relying on changing the iso however.
It's not my fault you have a painfully transparent hate boner for sony for whatever reason
>>
>>3531189

If you invested in proper lighting and set design you wouldn’t need a low light beast. Something that most anons don’t understand.

A low-light beast would only be useful in a run and gun situation where you couldn’t bring lighting or if you are shooting an event in a dark environment, such as a rave concert, where bringing in extra light would be bad for the event.

In narrative work—you should be using lighting and filters, and not a low-light beast of a camera to make up for not having proper lighting. In narrative work, you want the best image quality and most bits if you want to color grade, or the best color science if you don’t want to grade.
>>
>>3531233
Genuinely curious, not trolling, but what about for low key shots? Do you just shoot them more well lit and then turn down exposure in post?
>>
>>3531294
Yes. In general, the secret to low-light shooting and underexposing is to slightly overexpose your shots and then lower them in post. Doing this retains more details and reduces the amount of noise in the picture. It only becomes a 'problem' when you have excessively bright elements in the frame which get blown out and can't be recovered
>>
>>3531189
>So if you were shooting a documentary about moon-watchers or something similar, I would 100% recommend the a7sii.
I would also years ago. Now they're beaten by everything on the list. From bmpc4k, gh5s to z6 to s1. You don't shoot low light at high iso! You use lighting and you rely oh high bit rates to give you as much colour as possible. Biggest low light filming advantage are dual iso modes. gh5s, bmpc6k, 4k, s1h. It's base sensor configuration that is optimised both for low light and regular light. a7sii sensor is out of depth here since it's base iso is only optimised for daylight shooting. Sensor size, iso extensions, and large pixels mean little, and it's shown when you film with gh5s and bmpc4k that run on much smaller sensors but have it.
I advise you to search the web on what dual native iso does, you'll realise your mistakes.

>>3531294
They were always shot like that. Strong contrasting light. Look up behind the scenes for Hateful Eight for some samples of what they do.
>>
>>3531313
I know what dual native iso is, jesus fucking christ. You shouldn't be patronising when you don't understand the information you're talking about. In this case, let's talk about iso.
Cameras like the bmp4k and gh5s have a dual native iso of ~400 and 1600. Great.
The sony a7sii has a normal native iso of 1600 or 3200 in 100p. But please, tell me more.
The fact that you think dual native automatically means a camera has better low light is kind of embarrassing. If a camera had a single native iso at 54,000, surprise surprise it would have better low light than a camera with dual natives of 100 and 400.

The a7sii objectively has better low light. It's not even a debate, it's just me trying to get information through your thick ears. By all means, you can change the argument and say that camera-x has better image sampling or dynamic range or whatever, but that defeats the point. Here's the point: the a7sii will get usable footage in situations with lower light than any of the cameras you mentioned can. That's what makes it better at low light and it's not a debate.
Of course, as mentioned above, this shouldn't really impact what you buy since you should never be shooting above 6400 iso anyway (even that's too high imo). But if you want to argue what's technically best for whatever reason, you're wrong if you claim there's a camera sub 5 grand that has better low light than the a7sii.
By all means, repeat some marketing you clearly don't understand if you want, but I'm not going to respond again unless you say something that isn't completely fucking retarded.
>>
>>3528032
No, this guy had the same exact thoughts
>>3528033
>>
File: 1540344182563.jpg (179 KB, 330x504)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>3531339
>The a7sii objectively has better low light. It's not even a debate.
>you're wrong if you claim there's a camera sub 5 grand that has better low light than the a7sii.

You're so mad right now.

Dude it's worse than gh5s. And that one has what a quarter of it's sensor size? It is FIVE year old, it has got no chance against cams with modern FF sensors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMqUBoCStpw

I bet your that anon that posted a7sii pics a while ago and they all came out like shit. Now you try to convince yourself you didn't spent few grand on a trashcam.
>>
File: Laowa_OOOM_anamorphic3.jpg (189 KB, 1920x1080)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>3531078
They made an extender too, but I've never seen a rear anamorphic adapter. With mirrorless it should be doable?
>>
>>3531425
Isn't that just 10bit vs 8bit video difference? I really don't know what Sony is doing. It's their own top of the shelf sensor in gh5s. Nothing particular special even, it was made for industry purposes! Panasonic just bought it at a standard rate and fit few bells and whistles to it.
>>
File: pta bday.png (563 KB, 917x674)
563 KB
563 KB PNG
>>3531425
>still ignoring the entire concept of what being better at low light means
>"but at an arbitrary iso, 10 bit video from a newer camera is better than 8 bit!"
>"What? no, ignore the noise on the panasonic, that's irrelevant..."
>>
>>3531455
You're saying it's the best ever, that vid shows that they're at least even. And now you want to talk about noise? You fucking gerfags shills are pathetic...
>>
Found one as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEqwkwPhdfg
I know for sure gh5s is worse than bmpc4k in low light, so is can safely assume bmpc6k is better than bmpc4k, that way it's safe to say that sony guy is widely exaggerating by claiming a7sii is still the best low light camera under five grand...
>>
>>3530858
Are you legitimately retarded?
>>
>>3531116
I could just get a battery grip, couldn't I?

Not sure what to do for overheating
>>
>>3531150
Price tag and all the accessories isn't
>>
>>3531641
I mean yeah, you can just buy batteries in general.
It's more of a cost/effort issue.
Overheating is a luck of the draw from what I hear. If you buy one, it might be very prone to overheating or be absolutely fine. There are a couple of reviews/hands-on where two people are using the camera in identical situations and one of them overheats after not long and the other is fine for the entire day.
>>
>>3531457
>>3531460
I can't believe you're STILL trying to change the subject. I very clearly defined what it meant to be better at low-light. And ONCE AGAIN it's not having better bit depth, colour, dynamic range or whatever other arbitrary measurement you want to use.
It's being able to get usable footage in lower light situations. Nothing you've posted even slightly implies any of those cameras beat the a7sii. Moreso, you haven't responded to why I claim the a7sii is the best in that field.
Stop posting retarded shit because you have a hate boner for sony for whatever reason.
>>
>>3531641
>Not sure what to do for overheating
external recorder.
>>
I am thinking of buying a lighting kit.

I am looking at the Lowel DV Creator 44 or the
Lowel DV Creator 55 kit, and I’m also thinking about getting a green screen.

Is their any difference between the 44 and the 55 which would justify me getting the 55 over the 44.

Would I need a special light to light the green screen or could I use the light from my Lowel kit?

Is their a better lighting solution that has a lower cost?

These will be used mostly for YouTube videos, indy filmmaking, and music videos (how I get paid)

I want these to grow with me.

I am thinking of turning a spare room into a studio for film making. Would these lighting kits work. I, of course, am also looking for a portable lighting solution.

I can get the 44 for around $700 and the 55 for around $900. Are these kits worth the money.

I can either get a green screen for under $200 or get a green screen kit with two lights (would I need special lighting for green screen vfx work, or could I use a light from a lighting kit) for under $350.

Would these kits have all the parts I need for entry level video lighting, or would I need to buy additional items to have a lighting solution that I could use.

Thanks for any input, anons.

I’m new to lighting. And I wanted to make sure I’m getting my monies worth. I don’t really want to rent since I’d be using them on a weekly basis filming bands and I wanted something I could own so I don’t waste my money renting something I’d use for a whole year.
>>
>>3531641
buy a different camera?
>>
>>3531852
rifa lites are great, good value versatile hot lights. no idea about the kit offerings though but they seem pretty complete except for some dimmers. you really want some good (as in mostly noiseless) dimmers with these kind of hot lights because you can't really scrim them well so you need to dim them to control the brightness, single channel inline dimmers like the major one are absolutely fine, hang one on each stand. color temperature shift is not a big deal, slap on some ctb
>>
>>3531808
Your definition of low light is wrong, that's for sure. It's not bit dept, it's not noise, it's not dynamic range, it's not color, for you it's just purely as high iso as you can get out of it. I'm sorry but that's very wrong. People do tests because they're interested how cameras actually perform in low light. And that's not at extended high iso values where you get so low dynamic range everything you film is useless. It's not filming by the moon light. It's at ideal quality range of the cameras.

>you haven't responded to why I claim the a7sii is the best in that field.
You still claim that? Have you provided a single argument that is supporting your clam? If you're refusing to accept all that's said and provide nothing to your side of the argument, you're clearly the only one hiding behind your words. You've been shown independent comparisons of the lowest end of cameras, not even going to s1, and you still stick with obvious lie that outdated camera is still best of them all.

Now look at what S1 does:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms1uOQ_AkPw
>>
>>3531899
>for you it's just purely as high iso as you can get out of it
Nope. Are you actually illiterate or just a fucking idiot? It's the lowest light it can get USABLE footage in. Yes the a7sii objectively beats the cameras you're mentioning. Yes, you're wrong
>>
So I ended up getting that BM Production 4K and slapped a 70-200 f/2.8 on it. Fuck me cinemaDNG has some latitude

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.6 (Macintosh)
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2019:09:07 17:01:49
>>
>>3528081
Based. Actually shoot film though pussy.
>>
>>3530035
You really are an autist. Drunk people at concerts fucking love smiling/dancing for a camera. No one wants to fuck you up for no reason, especially since they'll assume you work for the band/venue.
>>
>>3531852
I like hot, directional lights for DP work, but really there are better alternatives now. I would get decent LEDs so you don't sweat to death. 4' Quasar tubes or Aputure brand lights are affordable and actual decent quality/CRI now compared to even just a couple of years ago.
>>
>>3528148
If it's a canon you can remove it with magic lantern, if it's a nikon there's a hack to improve it a bit.
>>
>>3532170
A led kit with comparable output, 3x 120dII or rayzr 200 or so will be at least triple the budget for the lamp heads alone, not including modifiers, gels and stands
>>
>>3532150
A codec doesn't have latitude, a camera does. Set the prores recording to "film" and you get the same latitude.
>>
>>3532165
The band gave me a shitty camera (a shitty panny with fixed lens) to use they probably thought I was taking creepshots.

I never had this problem when I was using proper gear.
>>
>>3532189
There are cheaper LED options, but if not that then look for used Kino Flo 2 foot 4 banks on eBay. Everyone is selling them off for LED tube systems, and the are cool, pack a punch, and have great color reproduction.
>>
>>3532165
This. Humble brag, the biggest project of my career was jumping on tour with Portugal the man for week. During the shows me and several other video or photographers are in the pit between the stage and crowd. Every night that I faced the crowd they would light up and go crazy for the camera. It’s the easiest and most obvious b roll to get.
>>3532191
lmao I don’t want to bully but why don’t you have a camera? It sounds like you can’t read an empty bar’s crowd properly.
>>
Just started coming to this board, is everyone here rich? wtf
>>
>>3532229
Cheaper LEDs with the power rivalling 1kw tungsten? I don't think so, haven't seen a cheaper manufacturer building anything close to the 120dII yet, and no the godox 60 is WAY less powerful with an annoying noisy fan, even if youtube shills want to talk you into it.
Used flos are a good call though, not as versatile as the rifa lites of course, but you can do a lot with them if you know how and they're super cheap. If you want even cheaper you can build that shit yourself with an evg, philips graphica tubes and a plastic enclosure with a baby pin punched through it
>>
>>3532268
Nevermind just saw that there's a newer godox 200w that is supposed to be a lot less quieter than the noisy 60 and the unusable 150, that might be worth a try to see if the fan is improved
>>
>>3532280
>less quieter
I'm a phoneposter it's ok
>>
>>3532267
This is more than a minor hobby for the serious posters here. /vid/ especially has such a high level of entry that you would only really come to this thread if you were genuinely pursuing it in a professional sense.
Adults have this thing called an income and competent adults have the ability to save money.
If we were all talking about cinema cameras like an arri alexa or the new canon c500ii like we were buying them, you'd have a point. But when we're mainly only talking about cameras between 1 and 3 grand, you have to ask yourself if you're actually at all serious about videography and filmmaking.
(Having said that, there are several great cameras for less than a grand)
>>
>>3532262
I had a camera. It was a last minute request in this case. A band member handed me a camera and asked me to take photos. Most often they ask in advance. This time on the bands break they asked if I could take a few pictures for a poster. I really don’t know why they didn’t ask me in advance so I could have brought my bmpcc 4k with me and I proper footage. I don’t drag my camera around unless I’m planning on using it. I wasn’t planning on using it them, because I was asked to do it when the concert was half over.
>>
>>3532299

I personally use my tax refund to get cinema stuff. It’s a hobby and it’s not really expensive considering if you are a photofag you already have the lenses you need and tripods and stuff.

I started with a DSLR and moved on to a budget cinema camera when I found out I liked taking videos much more then I liked taking photographs.

So I just got an adapter to use the lenses I already owned and I was all set.
>>
>>3532262
I would have been one of the people trying to get on video. It’s awesome to be in a band video. I don’t understand why people wouldn’t want to be in one. Especially if they love the band.
>>
>>3531899
Correct.
>>3531919
Wrong.

Low light mean lighted scenes for use up to 6400iso. Samples he provided confirm his case.
>>
>>3532404
>Low light mean lighted scenes for use up to 6400iso.
This is the stupidest most arbitrary definition. It's also completely wrong.
A camera that has 12 stops of DR at iso6400 is not a better low light camera than one that has 10 stops at iso 54,000
>>
>>3532327
They probably thought I was a creeper because I took out a shitty fixed lens camera in the middle of the concert and started taking shots.

In all my other gigs I bring sticks and put on a lens with a proper follow-focus unit on it. Need sticks because cameras with good iq tend to lack ibis, and no I’m not spending north of 5k for a canon when I can get by fine with my black magic. Plus all my good glass is manual focus only, so af is not something I need.

When I have a cinema camera with follow-focus and matte box on it, people come up and beg me to video tape them.

So the angry drunks I dealt with was the result of the band not properly planning stuff and wanting me to shoot stuff for them at the last minute.

Since the lead singer was smoking hot, and I knew her personally, I decided to take the photos. I didn’t expect a hostile crowd because it never happened to me before.

But looking back I probably looked like a creepy sperglord trying to get photos to jack off too and not like a professional cinematographer. I usually look like a professional cinematographer but because it was a last minute job using borrowed gear that night I looked like a rank amateur.
>>
>>3532329
newfags that come here don't even have tripods, it's understandable that the barrier to entry seems high
>>
>>3532420
Its expensive to get started, but once you have the basics: lenses, stabilization gear, maybe sound and lighting stuff. It’s not that expensive.

Or, do what I do, and buy used gear. You can get used stuff for 50% to 80% less then new gear.

Even a wagecuck making minimum wage could get all the gear that they need to start shooting video within a year; and even sooner if they just want to make stuff for YouTube and Facebook.
>>
>>3532410
Obviously you won't even get ten stops at 54.000. Everything above extended iso is unusable. Amateurs looked up to high iso number ten years ago, now everyone has realised they're pointless. You're not getting anything beneficial at those ranges.
>>
>>3532299
When you’re older you’ll realize people also have bills, rent and other responsibilities to pay. Keep sucking off daddy for his money tho!
>>
What editing software do y’all use?
>>
>>3532556
DaVanci Resolve 16
Anon, Why do you want to know?
>>
>>3532556
Tied to Davinci.
>>
Lowel vs Neewer for a lighting kit.

Pros and cons of each.
>>
recently started using Final Cut Pro X to speed up my workflow (which it did significantly) but I am so used to Premiere Pro, that it is a hassle to do basic shit. Any tips or essential shortcuts do I need to know?
>>
What should I make a video on? No cast and local to me.
>>
>>3532556
Premiere Pro. I was using Vegas previously, which I liked for its simplicity but it was lacking the ability to do more complex edits and even some basic stuff it couldn't do.

What I like about premiere is the amount of support and info you can get online, but I find it unnecessarily complex, and lots of shit confuses me even after a year of moderate use.
>>
Currently using Nikon d800 and atomos ninja flame to shoot corporate events (basically candids of the day) and I'm thinking about upgrading to the Sony fs5 mkii.

Thoughts? Just want a proper video camera that has some form of log so I can do color grading and the Nikon stinks, even the cineflat is okay at best.

Would I ever need to upgrade the ninja flame to the shinobi for RAW recording?

Would get an adapter and use my current nikkn glass.
>>
>>3532595
>recently started using Final Cut Pro X
why?
>>
dumb bmpcc question

is there a way to shoot whatever format but also have premade proxy files to edit easier? I’m working on a traveling gig for a month in the future and I want the bmpcc but I’m concerned with laptop editing since I’m gonna be on the road
>>
>>3532719
>premade proxy files to edit easier
like a lut? you could just shoot in video or video extended if you dont have time to grade. or god forbid prores (srs dont pls)
>>
>>3530091
>>3530039
>>3530121

In small venues, I like to get in early and mingle with the crowd. I go in like a speeding bullet, say hello to groups "hi I'm the official photographer for the day, if anyone wants a shot, go get some drinks, come back when you ready later in the party mood, and I'll get you great shot, or I'll get you a shot with the band in front of you. Enjoy the night folks".

This lets bitches know who you are, you don't acknowledge any bitchass motherfucker self conscious attention seeking slut that wants to let everyone know that you going to have to work for his or her photos, that you don't give a fuck and you'll move on, and this is just by not acknowledging it like a bitch. They make a fuss? "no worries buddy I'll let you enjoy the night brother" and they are instantly defused, in fact they get upset and end up being the cunts that want to get a picture later anyways.

This shit also gets women aroused. Your confidence, you've placed yourself with some status in the room/hall/venue, and you are in control of yourself. Fuck these bitches to sleep.
>>
>>3532719
It depends on your camera, some can output a lower resolution video in parallel but most consumer grade ones won't let you do this if you're shooting at the highest resolution and/or bitrate. What camera are you using?
>>
>>3528175
What other filmmaking societies/tribes are there?
>>
>>3528076
>people don't want to get doxxed, the autists on this board can't help themselves
i thought i wasnt allowed to post my yt link
>>
Is a Tascam DR-05 the best hobo budget option for recording ambient sound and the occasional interview?
>>
>>3532840
You are allowed to post your yt link, and we are allowed to make fun of you and your videos.
>>
>>3532840
This isn't r*ddit you queer.

God I bet you shoot on Nikon.
>>
>>3532731
no like, instead of making proxies in premiere there’s proxy files from everything I already shot directly on the camera so I can start editing those right away
>>3532786
I’d like to get a blackmagic 4k or 6k
>>
>>3532997
ok and no. /mu/ is autist about this stuff
>>
Is there any way to set up the Canon 80D in a way I can colour grade the footage?

I'm a poorfag and don't want to upgrade because I'm poor and I have a bunch of Canon glass but Canon is retarded and hasn't made a good, affordable hybrid camera suitable for video since the 80D, but I want to be able to make my footage look less like dumbass with a shitty DSLR and slightly more "cinematic"
>>
>>3533004
Get a bmpcc 4k and a speedbooster or
a bmpcc 6k and you can use your canon glass to get good gradable footage and can use your canon glass.
>>
>>3533015
>both on backorder at every outlet in Canada

ffffffuck
>>
>>3532997
>God I bet you shoot on Nikon.
That's not an insult anymore (or not a good one)
>>
>>3533004
>Is there any way to set up the Canon 80D in a way I can colour grade the footage?
All footage can be colour-graded.
If you mean that you want more range to have a wider choice in colour-grading, the answer is yes.
Google "cinestyle" and "canon proloss"
Personally I wouldn't advocate either of these and would recommend just grading the neutral picture style.
>>
Ok I've tried the orange+teal shit for cinematic look and it looks alright.
What about for a more neutral grade, for a lighthearted tv show/news kind of look? Do I just up the saturation and contrast? Do I even need to shoot flat/log in the first place for a neutral grade?
>>
Any thoughts on video heads? Specifically manfrotto 526 and 509hd?
>>
fuck man, whys grading raw so hard?
>>
How good is the canon eos M raw? Im more than fine with 2.5k resolution.

Whats the actual downside of this cam? This should beat my a7rii video capabilities since it records raw right?
>>
Are the zoom h6 mics good enough for film or should I get external ones? If external mics, should I go for a cheaper tascam 60 mark II? Anyone with some audio experience?
>>
I am torn between getting a 1650 watt tungsten lighting kit, and stuff for chroma keying or getting a 1950 watt tungsten lighting kit and noting else.

Is their any benefits to the 1950 watt kit for a bedroom studio. Or would the 1650 watt kit work for me.

What benefits would I get for the extra watts and would it be worth an extra $400 or would I be better to put the $400 into other stuff such as a green screen.

I do weekly interviews and need the lighting so renting it is out of the question.
>>
most sound recorders are good enough, any gains after that have to do with your microphone and how you use it. the zoom capsules can be little noisy but if you use technique you can minimize and fix in post. most of the time if your sound is bad it is operator error.
>>
>>3533234
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eGiJbqSqKE
You tell me. Personally, if all I wanted was raw video I'd get a blackmagic pocket. But an eos m is probably a fair amount cheaper I guess. For me the ergonomics would piss me off along with the lack of sound but to each their own.
Raw is somewhat overrated. You don't "need" raw even if you're making a narrative feature that you plan on showing in a cinema. Moonlight was shot in prores for example. Parts of Black Swan were shot on a canon 7d (compressed 1080p footage).

The downsides of the cam are its weird lens mount (that can be adapted though), its dated resolution and its size. So nothing major.
>>
>>3533085
Garbage
Go Sachtler or go home
>>
Im not sure why, but all my videos end up looking blown out once Ive edited them. Im pretty sure Im not overexposing them, so is there something im overlooking?
>>
>>3533068
>do I have to shoot flat
you don't have to do shit
shoot what fits the dynamic range of the scene and what provides the best quality or turnaround time with your workflow
>>
>>3533085
look at vinten, sachtler, miller or cartoni heads, manfrotto is shit to meh tier the newer nitrotechs feel acceptable but still pretty garbage with all the exposed mechanics and dials sticking out ready to be broken off if you put it in a car with other stands
>>
>>3533243
The total power consumption of the kit is irrelevant, you need to know how it's distributed in between the individual fixtures. You want a solid keylight for interviews and greenscreen that can fill a medium sized softbox without running out of power so that's a 1000 watt tungsten going there and the rest should be at least two strong spacelights to cover a greenscreen without hotspots or weaker fresnels for your interview kickers
>>
>>3533235
The h6 mic modules are decent enough, but can you get the whole unit to where you need it to be to get the audio for each individual scene of your film and still operate it? On a boom, on the ceiling, covering multiple actors further apart ... most likely not, that's when you want external mics you can put where you need them
>>
>>3533530
Did you try bringing down the highlights
>>
Anyone here work with the Zhiyun M2? Only 280 euros for a gymbal that would work with my A7III seems too good to be true. Anyone here had some good/bad experiences with it?
>>
>>3533538
I decided to get two kits for my use:

1.) the Lowel DV Creator 44 kit with hardcase
and
2.) the Westcott uLite LED Green Screen Photo Lighting Kit

I got a support system for the green screen and spare lamps. I also got some reflectors too.

I paid about $1,500 for everything. Did I get a good deal? I don’t trust led lighting that can’t be replaced because a bulb is a whole lot cheaper than a new led light. The led lighting green screen kit uses Edison style led bulbs making it inexpensive to replace the lighting when it stops working.

Do you think I need anything else to add to these kits?

Is a light meter really needed or could I get by with a white balance card.
>>
>>3533649
>Lowel DV Creator 44 kit
these style get hot, so be prepared
>Is a light meter really needed
it helps to get ratios when you have multiple lights or need to reproduce shots, but not required, especially if you have a monitor with scopes and stuff
>>
>>3533530
Codec?
>>
>>3533536
Thanks.
>>
>>3533692
raw or prores (hq and 422)

>>3533540
well yeah but i cant get the balance right, highlight reduction makes the video look super soft
>>
>>3534019
The bring the exposure down in the critical areas, key around your subject, key the sky, gradient mask shit, whatever. Localized exposure can be done with gain in a linear gamma node in resolve, for example
>>
I'm going to upgrade from my a6300 to an a7 III next week. I've been shooting with the 18-105 f/4 on the a6300 until now, but wanted something wider on the a7 iii. What lenses would you guys recommend? 16-35 f/4? Something else?
>>
>>3534043
ah yeah i guess. I was hoping for minimal work because grading really isnt what im passionate about doing.
>>
>>3534046
I mean it's pretty easy to build a handful of presets for all kinds of contrast you have in your scenes and then just go from there, no need to do it all from scratch each time
but preserving the nice tonal range is why we all got nice cameras in the first place so it's well worth the effort of building yourself a workflow for that
>>
File: iphone11.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
I don't think my Canon 600D is cutting it anymore. I'm making short films as a hobby, and I am looking for a replacement.
I'm on a tight budget, and pic related is looking more attractive to me.
The image quality seems fine for my needs, but what do you guys think about sound capture ?
>>
>>3534286
Another ifag making films with a fucking phone.

>>>/ffg/ if you want to see what good hardware looks like.
>>
>>3534286
>I'm on a tight budget
>1000$+ phone

I fucking hate iphonefags
>>
>>3534286
lots of videographers will be using iphones now. there's no need for an expensive body + glass when the results will look the same after post.
>>
>>3534543
it will look the same because it's shit vlog videos posted on instagram
>>
>>3534623

Or it gets streamed on JewTube and the crappy compression algorithms destroys all the benefits of using a proper cinema camera.
>>
>>3534286
epic
>>
>>3534541
My OnePlus 1 has done its time. I AM on a tight budget, buying a device that replaces my camera and my phone makes sense.

>>3534543
Well, it's an upgrade anyway image wise, but I'm particularly interested in the sound capture department.
>>
>>3534734
sound is perfect out of the box, don't worry
>>
>>3534735
Apple is the dog that barks the loudest, and I have been trying to see if I could have a better deal on the Android side, especially Chinsese manufacturer since they're way cheaper.
It seems to me that phones like the Huawei P30 are Apple's level in terms of image quality.

If you have any tips regarding those Android's phone, it'd be well appreciated. I don't think /g/ will have any more infos about this either, all they care about are specs and software.
>>
>>3534734
>>3534286
Assuming you're not trolling (big assumption), I'd get a canon 250d, or an m50. I say that for the sake of any lenses you have.
Or you could just go compact camera and get something like a powershot (or alternative brand equivalent).

The thing about using your phone to shoot is that it doesn't give you the control over your camera that you need. To get that, you have to buy and download a 3rd party app. And then you have to deal with stabilising your phone (not particularly hard but I point this out to tell you that it's not as simple as always having your filmmaking camera on you).
And then you've got sound issues too. And phones generally perform atrociously bad in low light.
>>
>>3534286
will there be an official apple pl mount adapter? I don't want any of that third party shit to drop my atlas orions
>>
File: 1537800497460.jpg (523 KB, 3840x2013)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
I've been watching this channel for many months and I've always wondered how this guy films these ants. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

example vid: https://youtu.be/veyDegRI0cQ?t=14m43s
>>
>>3534783
He's not getting very high magnifications, it's just some kind of mid telephoto macro lens on a crop body. Manual focus, and then he's either doing close-up later in post by cropping, or he's having some kind of live 2x switch mode while filming.
>>
File: 1548037789220.jpg (517 KB, 3840x2024)
517 KB
517 KB JPG
>>3534788
Notice that he films though a pane of glass. And the ants are at least a foot away from the glass itself. So he's filming it from at least 12in away. You can't shoot that far with a regular macro lens.

Also, notice a shallow depth of field in so many of his shots. Can a crop sensor really achieve results like that?

I've left a bunch of comments on his vids asking what gear he uses and have seen others ask the same but he never reveals his setup. And I've asked the same thing on his forum and he never replied either.
>>
>>3534796
>Also, notice a shallow depth of field in so many of his shots. Can a crop sensor really achieve results like that?
Yes. Little known fact, you can achieve identical DoF (and FOV) with any crop as full-frame/large-format. You just have to figure out the comparable aperture needed and the right lens
>>
>>3534812
Sure, but the problem is that even if you have a f/1.7 crop lens, it's still 1.5x - 2x bigger than a full frame lens.

So which camera/lens do you think this guy uses?
>>
>>3534815
pretty much any macro lens will create blurring similar to this in the background. It's very difficult to film/photograph a subject that small without a blurred background.
Try it yourself. Assuming you have a macro lens:
take small object
place it on a table or a stand, at least a meter in front of the nearest wall/background
put your camera closer than 20cm to the subject (the closer your camera, the better your results)

You can literally do this with a 'wide' angle lens. I've done it with a 28mm several times
>>
The Eos M finally arrived (my first camera), and I completely ignored the fact that I should have bought an SD card for it. I'm unsure of whether I should get one or more, because I don't know how much space videos take.
Apparently with Magic Lantern you can shoot at up to 2.5k raw.
How much footage in minutes can you get for each GB at that quality? Or the reverse question: how many GBs does a minute of footage take?
Also:
The only cards I can find around here are either 32GB new or 64GB refurbished. Are the later a good idea, or are they problematic (because of being refurbished)?
Thanks and sorry for the newb questions.
>>
>>3535002
>eos m
why d you choose it? id never buy a refurbished sd card, flash memory fails like shit all the time. you need to make sure its fast enough as well. raw 2.5k 24p is probably around 90mBs. dont read the value on the card, thats usually read speed not write speed. higher capacities are by nature of flash cells usually faster. how can only find 64gb cards? lol go to a camera shop
>>
>>3535002
would definitely go bigger than 64gb if you are mainly planning on shooting raw video
>>
>>3535002
12 to 20ish minutes recording time on each 64gb depending on the exact settings
Look at the ml forums to find tests of which cards work best for it, there's also all kinds of spreadsheets and calculators to find out the exact bitrate and recording time for each resolution and recording mode. but in general you want pretty fast and big cards, 32 gigs won't cut it. I'd get at least two 128, or 4x 64 if you like swapping
>>
>>3534045
so any advice on those lenses before I make a low effort new thread?
>>
>>3535045
>>3535047
>>3535089
Thanks.
>why d you choose it?
It's cheap and light and small and won't go much further below in price if I want to resell it, I guess.

>would definitely go bigger than 64gb
>I'd get at least two 128
>id never buy a refurbished sd card
Thanks a lot.
>>
>>3535002
Order new cards online if you can’t find them locally. I order a lot of stuff on line because the photo shop near where I live doesn’t carry a lot of cinema stuff.
>>
TL;DR: How do you guys practice editing?

I've no previous experience and want to pick it up because why not.

I'm currently working on a short screenplay so the plan is getting to actually produce it and using the resulting footage as an excuse to learn about editing but I kind of wanna learn in the meanwhile.
I've found about stock footage databases such as editstock, etc., but I'm sketptic about them. Is random footage a good way to learn?
>>
>>3535282
The first thing I 'properly' edited was wedding footage that had been sitting gathering dust for 2 years. That was in windows movie maker.
The second thing, I had an idea for a screenplay and me and my friend acted it out for 2 days before I realised how ambitious and unrealistic it would be to make the whole thing. So I edited it into a music video to a song I really liked.
Then I consciously made the decision to make a music video to another song I liked (didn't pan out properly but still edited the footage I had.
On top of that I filmed and edited some live music sets.
After all that, I felt pretty ready to make a proper short film. That's how I personally did it.
>>
Any cheap chinese brand for boom mics and lavaliers? I dont want to record from the camera and pro brands are too expensive for me now
>>
>>3535282
It's not just about practicing, just editing several clips without purpose will just make you proficient with the software.
You have to studying the craft the same way you would with directing/writing. Watch movies that are renowned for their editing and study them, watch bad movies and try to understand why their editing sucks.

For example, editing clips won't really teach you basic techniques like cutting on action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BEdWGoF5s0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pCs2Z6gMcE

meme video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAH0MoAv2CI

A lot of editing is trial and error and feeling what works.

>>3535447
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g1OcziJkBM

dunno about booms
>>
>>3535447
deity mics are okay
>>
>>3535282
Edit random footage you've taken with your phone into a montage with music. I did this for my anniversary and my wife loved it. If you don't take random footage then steal some from your fb/ig friends, rip it with jdownloader. Look for events with lots of posted videos, possibly from multiple people. If you don't social media or have friends just edit mlg memes from ripped YouTube videos. Why fuck with stock footage when you have such an enormous repository at your fingertips. This is assuming you won't post them and just use them for practice, or you could just post them as webms here. Timing for joke videos is crucial and you can practice getting a sense for timing in general this way, also getting fluent with just cut and insert operations.
>>
>>3534286
You just know these phones will be Netflix approved when they start shooting RAW footage.
>>
should I get the blackmagic pocket 6k or a 4k with an adapter?

I have canon lenses. I just don't plan on ever shooting in 6k. I have a $5k budget so I figured I can save for other things if I go that way
>>
Whats the catch with the Z CAM E2? I assume there must be something really bad
>>
>>3535562
It's good, but it's practically pocket 4k without a screen for more money
The upcoming s35 and ff versions are going to be more interesting though
>>
>>3535564
whats the battery like? also 160fps vs 60fps
>>
I need help.
I am eyeing this 2011 iMac that has an i7 3.4ghz processor. I'd be getting it cheap but I have no idea how an i7 3.4ghz from 2011 compares to an i7 in 2019. Are there new iterations or are the i3/i5/i7/i9 the actual gen jump.
Also I'd be using it for FCPx and photoshop mostly. Perhaps some after effects on the side
>>
>>3535566
anything over 60 fps is h265 only do take that with a grain of salt
It mounts np-f batteries so slap a big 970 on there and it will last at least 2.5 hours
>>
>>3535570
>It mounts np-f batteries so slap a big 970 on there and it will last at least 2.5 hours
nice. as much as i like my p4k (not really that much), i kind of dislike the fact that you need to sink a fair bit of money into accessories and also the fact that it has no ibis. plus i still cant figure out how to record in 120fps. even with prores 1080p selected the option doesnt show up
>>
>>3535572
you need to put it in "hfr", the project framerate will be the same, just enable high frame rate on the next menu page and if you got the right codec/resolution settings it will go all the way up
>>
Does anyone here know how to make a 'strobe' effect in davinci? All I want to do is insert a black frame as every second frame in a video.
>>
>>3535554
apparently for 4k the 4k is /better/ but i think the 6k gives you better dynamic range?
>>
>>3535577
the dynamic range is pretty much identical, within .2 stops according to the cinema5d lab tests
>>
>>3535578
oh yeah, the speedbooster adds 2 stops does it?
>>
>>3535582
It adds light, not dynamic range
>>
>>3535583
Stops are light.
>>
>>3535598
imagine opening your lens aperture two stops
does that change the dynamic range?
>>
>>3535569

Anyone?
>>
>>3535612
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i7-2600-vs-Intel-i7-9700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-3800X/1vs3335vs3499
>>
>>3535599
Why would you appeal to basic logic to someone who's clearly retarded, if not trolling?
>>
>>3535612
Go to /g/ for that. Cpus tend to age very quickly, so you're generally better of buying new cheaper model than old one that was expensive three years ago.
>>3535599
You're only one talking about dynamic range. When you talk about stops, you talk about light gathering.
>>
>>3535620
dynamic range is measured in stops as well, obviously
this conversation
>>3535577
>>3535578
>>3535582
was about dynamic range originally
>>
>>3535599
Dynamic range is how many stops of light can be recorded.

Recording something at a faster speed gives you better low-light performance, the ability to accurately record less light, a few stops less.

You’d get the same dynamic range, you’d just be able to record stuff that wasn’t as well lit.

If you used a speedbooster to record something with less stops, on a bright day, you’d blow out your highlights if your camera didn’t have enough dynamic range to record everything properly.

I don’t know if blackmagic can or even plans to improve the dynamic range of their bmpcc 4k or 6k or both with a firmware update.
>>
>>3535628
improving a sensor with a firmware update is not really a thing, though
>>
>>3535618
>>3535620

Thank you. Dont know why I went here instead of /g/ but good to know. I'm just tired of using my gaming PC which wasnt meant for editing
>>
>>3535640
>2011 imac
its shit dnb
>gaming pc wasnt meant for edititing
nigger gaming pcs are usually the exact same hardware
>>
>>3535628
>Dynamic range is how many stops of light can be recorded.
That's very loose interpretation open to discussion. When you talk stops on any vid or photography related topic, it's always about stops of light, and never about dynamic rage.
>>3535640
>nigger gaming pcs are usually the exact same hardware
Hardware is generally even better. Screens tend to be worse.
>>
>>3535635
You can do multi ISO HDR recording.
>>
>>3535672
a pc is not a screen.
>>
>>3535672
>When you talk stops on any vid or photography related topic, it's always about stops of light, and never about dynamic rage
except stops are generally used as the measuring unit of DR or latitude in video and film. i can pull any textbook out and find it.
>>
>>3535684
>stops are generally used as the measuring unit of DR or latitude in video and film. i can pull any textbook out and find it. i can pull any textbook out and find it.
Please share your findings. I'm sure you'll realise that they always define it as dynamic range stops. Not as generic stops. You'd do well to remember what's being said in case you somehow end up talking photography outside of your mums basement.
>>
Does anyone else get pissed by the way video features are reviewed online?
Their talking points are entirely resolution, colour depth and bit depth.
So they'll be like, "it records 4k uhd which is great, but it's the same 4:2:0 8-bit video we've had for years. If you attach an external recorder, that goes up to 4:2:2, still at 8-bit though" or something.
They might mention noise performance too. The days of mentioning mb/s seem to be gone, or at least in video reviews I haven't seen that mentioned in years. It's annoying because two cameras that, for example, both record 4:2:0 8bit will not produce the same quality video, most of the time. Like you're not getting the same quality video from an iphone as a panasonic gh4.
And this is without mentioning the dynamic range of the sensor
/rant
>>
Talking about this whole dynamic range discussion, I was very surprised yesterday when I saw an instagram post comparing various cinema camera's dr.
The canon c200 has the same dr as the c700 ff at 15 stops which is almost identical to the arris. And then you have Red which is just demolishing over 16 stops and there's basically no in-between. I just can't believe that a ~7k canon small camera is amongst the leaders of dr in cinema cameras
>>
>>3535783
The high priced cinema cameras just allow you to get more fps and maybe higher resolution.
>>
>>3535781
Dslr video shooters 10 cameras under 300 video mentions bitrate, and I'm very grateful he did because it's the main video feature I look for now in a camera other than sensor size and color profiles.
Actually it made me look up my cameras bitrate, I was going to "upgrade" to a Samsung nx3000 (the video mentions the nx2000) but its bitrate is lower than my current camera. Comparing test footage from my camera (17mbit), the nx (12 mbit), and the Eos m (40-50 mbit) all on YouTube I can see the difference, and I'll definitely be going for the Eos m now.

I also found out tho that with opencamera on my current cheap ass phone I can force 50 mbit, haven't tried pushing it higher yet. It was also gimped down to 1080p from the rest of the lineup but opencamera can force 4k as well.
>>
>>3535715
>Please share your findings. I'm sure you'll realise that they always define it as dynamic range stops. Not as generic stops. You'd do well to remember what's being said in case you somehow end up talking photography outside of your mums basement.
you are misinterpreting my comment, but there's no use if it's all about ad hominem
>>
Davinci bros what does the color mean on the deliver thumbnails. I have thumbnails with red numbers, blue numbers and grey ones.
>>
File: 20190916_161416.jpg (527 KB, 2089x1260)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
I made a 90 minute feature film and I'm looking for feedback. It's sort of an animation/documentary/scripted narrative hybrid, or something like that. It's kinda autistic but I had a good time making it.

Anyway, I haven't shown it to many people yet (most people can't be bothered to watch an entire feature, which is understandable) so any feedback would be appreciated.

youtu.be/sJu-7PR82HY

Image OrientationUnknown
>>
>>3536749
well .. it's neither well shot nor well staged nor well edited nor thrilling nor touching nor informative nor artistically deep nor anything. so what is it?
>>
I'd really like to get a bmpcc 4k but having no ibis is a big deal for me since I'd like to use it as a run and gun camera as well as just a normal cine camera. Now a photographer friend recommended me the Sony a7Riii, but I wonder if it's any good for video? For photography I'm pretty sure but as for video I don't see how much of a quality and dynamic range the camera has. It's also three times more expensive...
Any suggestions or experiences?
>>
>>3536798
p4k is better for video and the money you save could be spent on a gimble. or get a panasonic lens with stabilization
>>
File: slaindeer.jpg (71 KB, 1920x1080)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>3526380
me and my friends wrapped a shitty movie. its in post now. its the feature project i was ever apart of and i have to say; it was alot of work but also the most fun ive ever had behind a camera. heres a screenshot from "slaindeer"
>>
>>3536798
sony's R series is a primary stills camera, that's why it also has 42mp. What you want is either the Sony a7 III or a7s II. But I'd also look at the Panasonic GH5
>>
>>3536798
See >>3536807
Just buy a gimbal/handle/shoulder rig/fly cam.
There are so many ways to stabilise your footage.
>>
man so ive decided to just shooting prores with the video setting on my p4k. i cant be assed doing color grading for youtube videos. maybe when i make my short film ill go back to it. but anyhoo, what setting for prores is best the 422, hq or the other two?
>>
>>3536963
Are you shooting in ProRes 4k or in 1080p? My rule is if I am shooting in 4k I use braw but if I am shooting stuff in 1080p for news gathering I use ProRes with the butterylabs rec.709 lut

I can’t be bothered grading SJWs that are going on a local news site, not worth the time or the effort

Bands get braw because I want to make the bands pop color wise ...
>>
Anyone knows what causes this effect? Sample if from Farewell My Lovely (1975), but I've seen it elsewhere before. Looks to me like some weird filter, since it's thrown over moving scenes, but I'm not counting colouring in the post out.
>>
>>3537010
4k exclusively. I find prores has way less noise, and while i can run a noise reduction in resolve it takes way too long to process. maybe my iso is too low or something idk, but the prores stuff looks find.
>>
>>3537010
also
>butterylabs rec.709 lut
mind uploading it somewhere? pls im poor college student
>>
>>3537039
Check the seas a pirate somewhere might have it. It’s under $50 so it might be easier to buy it then risk getting virii over it.
>>
How do I make a nature documentary, I wanted the g85 because it's go stabilization but the video looks like crap.
Is it possible to make it look good in post or by buying the right lens?
>>
>>3537134
Tips to make your footage look good
>put your camera on a tripod or stabilising rig
>make sure your subject is in focus
>make sure your subject is properly exposed
>film in 24fps or 25fps at 1/50s shutter speed
>>
>>3537134
git gud
>>
>>3537075
already checked, its nowhere. isnt it just a .cube file?
>>
>>3537134
You can fix a lot by shooting in 4k and then doing post stabilization. Do slightly wider shot, and shoot higher frames for best effect.
>>
>>3537032
To me it looks like a layer of watercolour paint mixed in through the brighter portions of the image. I don't think this has a name. Digitally you'd do this using the Overlay blending mode applied to the paint layer that's placed on top of the footage. Mixing intensity can be be reduced by controlling the opacity of the paint layer.
>>
Anyone know of a high end cinema camera that shoots 4:3. By high quality I mean a camera that shoots 4k Raw and preferably one that can use PL lenses. Apparently the 4.6k BM Ursa can shoot a frame close to 4:3 if you select anamorphic mode and use a non-anamorphic lens. Can anyone confirm? TIred of taping the fucking lcd screen and covering up the UI
>>
>>3537527
You can crop any open gate sensor aspect to whatever you want, almost all cameras have guide lines for 4:3
>>
>>3537527
S1h probably when it gets raw support.
>>
>>3537561
recently shot on panasonic varicam and mini ursa 4k and I'm almost positive its not possible to crop the senor. Pretty sure I exhausted all the settings
>>
>>3537563
Use guide lines on crop in post. At least on the black magic cameras you can chose to black out the "outside" of the guidelines so you get a perfect 4:3 picture in the viewfinder
>>
>>3537565
thanks I'll look into it next time I shoot something
>>
https://youtu.be/KJ9ccLelozg

How do I get the same look as in this video? Is it possible to reverse search a camera with just a video?
>>
>>3537963
cant you just color match and export as a preset (lut)

also how is this asmr?
>>
>>3537963
Grab a couple of stills
Import in resolve
Overlay wipe on your footage
Fiddle till it matches
>>
>>3537963
HD but awful vid. So grey it doesn't sound appealing to me. Why do you want to get that look?
>>
File: IMG_20190816_230702_1.jpg (444 KB, 4000x3000)
444 KB
444 KB JPG
Hi. Would vid recommend something like that?
manomano.fr/p/double-projecteur-led-de-chantier-2800-lumens-trepied-telescopique-7956363

I need light for kino purpose, but neewer, which sound to me like the cheap way is still to much for my budget.

Also, what the color vid recommend, and how many lumens sound like a minimum for a movie set light?

Thanks in advance.

Camera ModelRedmi Note 7
Camera Softwarelavender-user 9 PKQ1.180904.001 V10.3.5.0.PFGEUXM release-keys
Equipment MakeXiaomi
Sensing MethodUnknown
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)0 mm
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Created2019:08:16 23:07:02
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure Time1/44 sec
Focal Length4.74 mm
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Image Height3000
White BalanceAuto
Brightness2.8 EV
Image Width4000
Exposure ModeAuto
Lens Aperturef/1.8
>>
>>3537998
30k lux at 1m per fixture is decent for a movie set
>>
File: IMG_20190910_213610_339.jpg (75 KB, 1080x1920)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
I've heard it's good to buy the glass, rent the body. I'm down to looking at these lens
>fujinon cabrio xt20-120
>angenieux ez-1
>canon cn e 30-105

I've watched the lens tests, mostly concerned with servicing costs and customer support. Any anons have experience?
>>
>>3538145
Buy a set of primes, much better resale value
>>
Bump limit reached, new thread
>>3538206
Bump limit reached, new thread
>>3538206
>>
>>3537971
>>3537994
Arigatou gozaimasu.
>>3537995
I like it

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.