[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 10 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: big_1656_Helios_44_2_b_2.jpg (1.17 MB, 1445x1200)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
i love this lens. it makes everything glow in all the wrong ways. it takes great pics of my extremely hot girlfriend who doesn't judge me because im totally ripped. im seeing an uptick in likes from my 6,374,981,76 instagram followers since buying this. my girlfriend sucks my dick more. a seriously amazing piece of gear.

my question is how to get it to infinity focus on my 6D? i can only focus to about 3 meters before the mirror hits it.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakePENTAX Corporation
Camera ModelPENTAX *ist DL
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Macintosh
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)0 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution131 dpi
Vertical Resolution131 dpi
Image Created2010:07:12 10:26:02
Exposure Time1/6 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length0.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1445
Image Height1200
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
>>3520665
Soviet trash. Only useful if you shoot your subjects dead center and want that swirly bokeh. Beats me why'd you want to focus this thing to infinity.
>>
The swirly bokeh gets annoying after a while.
>>
>>3520774
annoying like deepthroat blowjobs from 3 russian slevna's at the same time
>>
You’d better bought one that was already adapred for infinity focussing. Also you can google the problem and will get the solution
>>
>>3520826
i didn't realize they could be adapred. perhaps this is the solution i am looking for
>>
Reddit lens.
>>
>>3520826
I JUST GOOGLED IT AND CAN'T SEE HOW IT CAN BE ADAPRED THE PROBLEM ISN'T THAT THE REAR ELEMENT NEEDS TO MOVE BACK BUT THAT IT NEEDS TO NOT BE IN THE WAY OF THE MIRROR GOD DAMN YOU SMARTASS
>>
>>3520832
oh because you think its cliche to get your dick sucked 1@ times a day its got to be a meme a le reddit snoofaggot i get it nice one anonofat
>>
>>3520836
Literally a "I'm new to photography what's DA BEST vintage lens" reddit thread meme lens. Hope you're enjoying it noob anon.
>>
>>3520839
explain yourself you liquid garbage water faggot what is wrong with the helios you vapid retard
>>
>>3520834
Bin that shit and use the 44-4.
>>
>>3520849
Nothing particularly wrong with it, it's just babby's first vintage lens. It's not particularly sharp in the corners and relies heavily on the swirly bokeh meme. Also that it's memed by every redditor around it stays relevant. I'd rather use my Olympus Zuiko fleet of lenses, they're sharper across the frame and my 50mm f1.4 and 24mm f2.8 is pretty much perfection.

You learn what makes truly great optics when you pass one year of experience in photography, you'll get there one day noob anon.
>>
>>3520849
Poor coatings, flat ass contrast and bland colors. Sharpness isn't too bad (unless you got one of the billion of defected ones due to garbage Soviet manufacturing) but it's not a landscape lens for sure. Alright for portraits until you get bored of the gimmick bokeh.
>>
>>3520774
Which backgrounds besides trees in a forest work for the best swirly bokeh? To me the other backgrounds look too busy with swirl
>>
>>3520851
>babby's first vintage lens
it's babby's third vintage lens you dingus mouth
>Olympus Zuiko
oh these look p boss too
>You learn what makes truly great optics when you pass one year of experience in photography
when you pass your dick into my mouth ill suck your dick faggot
>>3520856
>Which backgrounds besides trees in a forest work for the best swirly bokeh
the inside of a butthole
>>
>>3520860
>the inside of a butthole
This is a blue board
>>
>>3520867
don't post a picture of it here
>>
im wondering if a teleconverter would do the trick
>>
xXFaggot_with_a_real_question_hereXx

I have this exact lens mounted on a zenit. However somethings fucked. When looking through the finder absolutely nothing is in focus. it's just a blurry wall. Now the camera is find because i've put other lenses on it and I can see perfectly. The lens looks and feels ok, i've tried unscrewing and rescrewing some of the elements and that did nothing. While holding up the lens itself I can look through it and see things so there's nothing blocking light in the middle.

What's up?
>>
>>3521426
Could be misaligned lens elements which is a typical issue with Soviet optics, or alternatively the entire optical assembly is positioned wrong so that it cannot achieve focus on your camera.
>>
>>3521426
can you focus on an object of any distance at all?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.