[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 30 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: Instagram.jpg (38 KB, 780x408)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
Is there a reason almost EVERY "aspiring photographer" on IG has the same exact editing process? I swear every photo on Instagram looks the exact same nowadays. I don't really know how to describe it but the colors are washed out a bit, the picture is warm, it has a bit of sepia tone to it, etc. is there a name for this?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareEmbettered by PicMonkey. http://www.picmonkey.com
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:05:10 14:27:45
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1023
Image Height1024
>>
>>3503962
Vsco and presets
>>
>>3503962
Because people are unoriginal faggots and in 6 months all of those photos will be forgotten.
>>
>>3503962
Instagram is an very unstimulating place to post your pics at. Great if you want to get known and make some money out of photography. Horrid if you want to actually get good.
>>
>>3503962
OP can you post example? I use instagram for friends and family only so i don’t know whats going on
>>
>>3503973
this

>>3503969
this

>>3503965
this

instagram is late stage capitalism at it finest.
>>
>>3503965
imaging having such a sad life that you pay for or use presets/filters

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2019:07:09 00:24:41
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1483
Image Height1485
>>
>>3504017
I got upset at froknows for pushing his own presets and justifying it with how complex lightroom is for a beginner and how his presets will provide a blueprint for what to look for in editing images for beginners.

You know, instead of just teaching everyone how to properly use a histogram or color management.
>>
>>3503973
>Instagram
>Great if you want to get known and make some money out of photography.
nope
>>
>>3504017
Imagine having such a bad life that you have to sexually abuse little kids, get caught selling heroin, make a scam crypto currency, make a scam website where you can win a Lamborghini and have the website link to your workplace, then get fired form said workplace because they get tipped off about said scam site, lie about having bone cancer, make an ig where you steal photos from /p/, talk shit to a pro photographer though that ig account and they almost sue 4chan as a whole, constantly harrass homeless people in the street to take photos of them, constantly harass regular people in the street to take photos of them, while saying you have to be a rapist to be a street photographer, get banned on /p/ but still come back even though everyone hates you, be so schizophrenia that you only think it's the one person bad mouthing you and threaten to kill said anon dogs.
Oh but you wouldn't know anything about that would you.
>>
File: daddysangry.jpg (872 KB, 5296x5304)
872 KB
872 KB JPG
>>3504051
Imagine taking 10 minutes to write all that out by getting triggers by a stranger on the internet. I guess you enjoy derailing threads, Snowflake?

You ever stop to think, that there is a possibility that no one cares at all? If a homeless man takes photos of other homeless people is it really that bad?

Image Created2018:09:24 01:22:12
Image Width5296
Image Height5304
>>
File: Untitled-4.jpg (1.1 MB, 5299x5304)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>3504026
yeah I agree. Presets are just for lazy people. How hard is it to take 30 min to properly edit a photograph? I think it's more akin to a get rich quick scheme. "here use these presets and you will become famous or your pics will get thousands of likes" the scammer says.

Image Created2018:09:23 23:27:33
Image Width5299
Image Height5304
>>
>>3504085
>I'm just a friendly anon!
Here we go again.
Gonna defend all the other points or just the least trivial one?
>>
>>3504086
>I think it's more akin to a get rich quick scheme
Just like the Lamborghini scam site you made? nice
>>
>>3504086
H5N1
>>
>>3504085
He missed focus
>>
>Aspiring photographer sees success of massive account
>(optional: buys presets)
>copies said account
>rinse and repeat

Welcome to photography in 2019, enjoy your stay
>>
It's a certain style of editing someone started at some point that got popular. Mainly muted color palette and altered colours. Someone here complained that if they didn't edit the way everyone did, people didn't like the photos half as much. It's not a good thing, the edits are not too bad but as usual when things get too popular you start to get a hateful reaction. If it upsets you too much, this fad too will pass, like everything.
>>
>>3503962
Check https://www.instagram.com/sammiswar/

Very cool aesthetic and one of the best portrait photographers out there.
>>
>>3504162
Crushed blacks, meh everything.
>>
>>3504164
I doubt you have done anything even close to his worst photos on his account.
>>
>it's another episode of /p/ overvaluing the concept of originality
News flash, literally none of you faggots are unique or original. Literally not a single one of you. In fact, the more you know about photography, the less original your work becomes. If you know about basic concepts like the rule of thirds, leading lines, etc then you're already following a set of guidelines, the same set of guidelines that millions of other photographers are already following. The end result of course is that you'll end up composing your photo in the exact same way millions of other photographers have already done. Does this make your photo unique? Absolutely not. Is your photo still good? Depends on how well you executed it.

In fact, the only truly original works are snapshitting retards who don't even know how to operate a camera because these people aren't bound by the constraints of established compositional theories. The types of people that'll take a crooked photo of the statue of liberty with half of its face cropped off. Any photographer who knows their shit would never purposefully take a photo of the statue of liberty in that way because they know it's poor composition. So the snapshitter ends up taking a more original photo, albeit a bad one, than other experienced photographers.

Fuck, this even applies to the best photographers in history. Originality isn't what makes their photos good. Its the content of what they photograph and their ability to be there to capture it. Look at pic related. Tell me what you think is original about its composition. Fucking nothing, and that's okay. A photo doesn't have to be original to be good. This photo in particular is great because of the context of when it was taken, not because of how original it is.

tl;dr None of you are original. The best professional photographers are not original. The best photographers in history are not original. No one is original. Fucking kill yourselves, retards.
>>
>>3504037
>nope
It's quite useful for getting known. At least where I live you can pull off some gigs very quickly just by following more people...

>>3504200
>it's another episode of /p/
>Fucking kill yourselves, retards.
Heh...
>>
>>3504200
>mentioning rule of thirds leading lines as if they meant anything
yeah you clearly havent got anywhere far
cute worthless opinion
>>
>>3504218
Post your original photo then, faggot. In fact, I'll make it even easier, post any photo taken in the last decade by any professional photographer that you think has original composition. Outside of astronauts taking photos of the earth from a space station or something, that shit just doesn't exist. And I know for a fact that none of you retards are astronauts.
>>
>>3504221
lel keep talking
doing a fine work of showing how little you know
>>
>>3504231
You sure proved me wrong with your ad hominem. Very convincing argument you’ve got there, faggot.

Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Width1200
Image Height903
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>people do what's popular
Woah wtf bros why is this I can't comprehend it?!!!
Also why the fuck aren't my pictures of staircases and empty streets only getting likes by my mom and bots? Wtf bros my taste is friggin patrician this can't be happening
>>
>>3504234
100% of 4chan discussion lives at the bottom of that pyramid too fat to climb any higher
>>
File: meds.png (31 KB, 1273x186)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>3504051
I wonder if he ever did find those meds to suppress his urges to rape kids.
>>
>>3504234
oh look it's an i-never-lose-arguments internet tough lel
spend less time juggling these high school debate 10s, and maybe you'll have free time to actually learn something substantial

why waste time explaining concepts to people who will never get them, some idiots around here like you aren't even worth rubber ducking
>>
>>3504162
this guy sucks dick
>>
File: IMG_8560.jpg (1.2 MB, 3305x4957)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
yeah, your right we all either are warm and muted or its supper blue witch is my style:(

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 60D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 8.3.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Image Created2019:06:25 21:36:13
Exposure Time1/1000 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/1.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePartial
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
File: IMG_8552.jpg (1.19 MB, 5184x3456)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
another one, yet again super blue

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 60D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 8.3.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Image Created2019:06:25 21:42:59
Exposure Time1/3200 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/1.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
>>3504419
>still can't refute a single thing that I've said
Just one photo, faggot. Take a moment to take those cocks your choking on out of your mouth and post one single photo from the last decade that you think is original. It's a simple task that even a drooling retard like you should be able to do. Except you can't, because it doesn't exist. Because you know that I'm right. The more you dodge this simple task, the more you're proving that I'm fucking right.
>>
File: Instagram Again.png (868 KB, 1080x2160)
868 KB
868 KB PNG
>>3503962

No idea what you're talking about OP
>>
>>3504553
I don't really care for the photo but I like the way the colors pop. Any more shots?
>>
>>3504560
nice composition, great colors
>>
>>3504553
>>3504554
I don't like the first pic but your colours are nice (◠・)—
>>
r8 my instagram

note: all pics from an old iphone

CommentScreenshot
Image Width749
Image Height1150
>>
>>3503962
it's been years since i saw a pic like you describe. everyone is posting bright colors these days. follow better people.
>>
>>3504162
Zoomers really do have shit taste
>>
>>3504289
It's funny that you're implying that just because you hop on the popularity bandwagon you will get likes you dumb zoomer. There's a billion other faggots doing the same shit, what makes you think you're not gonna be on the bottom aka only getting likes by your mom anyways.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.