[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 30 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

https://www.diyphotography.net/using-older-adobe-cc-apps-could-get-you-sued-adobe-warns/

>A few days ago, Adobe discontinued older versions of some Creative Cloud apps. The company is now sending emails to its customers warning them of potential legal actions. That is, if you continue using these apps – you risk getting sued for infringement by third parties.

WEW

>still using torrented Adobe products and still don't give a shit
>>
This has always been the case, it's only clickbait title worthy now because they're sending mail first.
No reason for creative individuals outside of a company to be using Adobe in 2019 anyway, the only reason they made it so big was because there was no realistic competitor to Photoshop or Lightroom for 15 years
>>
This is why I will never use Adobe products.
Among 101 other reasons.
>>
So what else do you guys use for lightroom??? Photoshop etc
>>3479998
>>3480012
>>
>>3479998
>This has always been the case,
No it hasn't

>>3479994
>you may be at risk of potential claims of infringement by third parties
The third party, apparently, is Dolby Labs with whom they failed to resolve a dispute over Adobes use of their software

I think it mainly affects video and animation programs but Adobe will use it to bully everyone else into upgrading as well
>>
>>3479994
i bought lightroom 6 outright and never upgraded. no problems so far.
>>
>>3480022
>i bought lightroom 6 outright and never upgraded. no problems so far.
does that version have dehaze?
>>
>>3479994
Remove/delete cunt customer spyware. Use pirated shit, change exif so it's mentioning some Photoshop version that was sold on flopies, and there's nothing they can do about it.
>>
>2019
>not using GIMP
>>
>>3479994
Heheh nice try. Would like to see them pull exif from instashit and bookface
>>
>>3480024
yes, but i don't use it, so can't tell you how well it works.
>>
>>3480036
You should, it's pretty awesome. At least it has been for me because one of my older lenses started fogging and dehaze takes care of that perfectly.
>>
Adobe are some of the biggest fucking crooks in the software industry as far as I'm concerned. They should be sued for monopolizing and price gouging.
>>
>>3479994
what?
I have legal ownership over my adobe CS5 software
>CC
oh hahahaha, I keep forgetting that you're no longer able to buy software and have to rent it as a "service" instead.
who the fuck though this shit was a good idea?
>>
>>3480196
Executives and shareholders
Adobe is a sinking ship, if i ever move on from darktable it certainly wont be to adobe

>>3480025
>Remove/delete cunt customer spyware
This is the worst part I tried lightroom last year when I got my camera and even after uninstalling it I was left with 4 separate adobe DRM services still running on my pc.
I literally had to hunt them down and manually delete all of them
>>
File: 1479480321085.jpg (125 KB, 1000x1014)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>3479994
>SaaS
>>
what are the security implications of using the older versions? should be fine if you don't need need auto publish to flikr and such right?
>>
>>3479994
Is it fine if we export and tick the box to remove/hide exif etc?
>>
>>3479994
There will come a time Adobe will charge you 99 cents per Save or Export.
>>
File: 1540316752549.jpg (120 KB, 1994x526)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>3480192
this. They are so fucking disgusting, acively sabotaging camera companies who don't want to surrender to Adobe's proprietary color shit

Fuck Adobe in the ass. I'm so glad I cancelled my subscription and bought Capture One and Affinity Photo instead. There's no background processes, no internet requirement to activate (for Affinity Photo at least, haven't tested offline activation with Capture One). There's no always-running DRM shit, no 15 background processes. You launch the program and when you are done, you close it and the process in task manager closes aswell.

Capture One has much better RAW rendering aswell. Fuck Adobe for being lazy pieces of shit. They want monopoly but they don't take care of their programs who are broken as shit and so fucking slow and inefficient.
>>
darktable for RAW processing
GIMP for edits
all you need
>>
>>3480372
You're probably safe if you're using pirated shit anyway. It's not that they've any means of determining on what comp you're working (yet). They're targetting their own paid subscribers with this one. CC ap detects what version you're running and they send you an email, if you're a naughty gal by running anything what they think you shouldn't be.
>>
>>3480196
Windows is rumored to be going the same route.
>>
>>3480457
I just block and firewall anything adobe related when using.
>>
>>3479994
What a bunch of greedy cunts

I hope they go bankrupt.
>>
>>3480605
They are just sending out emails to warn you that a 3rd party is pissed and may sue you. Adobe wouldn't be the one suing you. They just want you to upgrade.
>>
>>3480018
DxO is pretty great, I've seen some results and they were better than lightroom's.
>>
>>3480612
dxo is not cheap. They're doing the old Adobe way by releasing new version every year, and demanding money for it.
>>
>>3480646
you can torrent it

>>3480612
I tried it out recently, what's up with the super minimal controls?
>>
Yes. I totally care about Adobe thinks I should do, because we have no other options

Hey, I'm student at the University of Texas, doing a study about online communities. Could some of you do me a favor and take this quick surveys (its like 5 min). Thanks!

https://utexas.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bmgBH07Xqjxig1D?SRC=4C&ID=CP
>>
File: 1520289404307.gif (1.08 MB, 200x222)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB GIF
They are doing everything they can to threaten us into the 20 dollar subscription.
>>
>>3480608
>They just want you to upgrade
A forced one
No thanks
>>
>>3480608
>to warn you that a 3rd party is pissed and may sue you
This alone suggests they have communicated with 3rd party to ask them to sue you.

Rest assured Adobe would love to sue you, if they could.
>>
>>3480672
The same 3rd party sued Adobe, so probably not. lol That is the reason Adobe had to fix their shit, now all the old versions are breaking some retard copyright law or whatever.
>>
>>3480603

That's not a rumor, it already is for Enterprise.
>>
>>3480603

The last few updates (for Pro anyway) explicitly stated this during install.
>>
I had a cloud subscription when doing gig work..when trying to cancel it (as I moved to C1) their "reps" would dodge the request..using many pre written soundbites like "you may need it in the future " etc. Many calls with them saying that they will go ahead and cancel and it not happening. I eventually sent them a formal email stating I have recorded all conversations and will now proceed with legal action. 2 hours later they cancelled. Dodgy fucking company...took nearly 2 weeks of constant calling to get off the subscription ...never again.
>>
>>3480608
so they did sell stolen software! how is that a problem of the userbase?
>>
>>3481267
>how is that a problem of the userbase?
Because fuck the userbase
>>
So how do you pirate lightroom now? Reinstalled lightroom a day ago, did the amtemu solution and unless I turned fucking retarded, it doesn't seem to work anymore.
>>
>>3481468
Old news. Been patched since new year. There are new methods.
>>
>>3481260
You can cancel it from your PC idiot.
>>
>>3480192
Agreed. They once cared about their customer base years ago. The software was always $$$ but now they want Everyone to sub to their product by eliminating stuff that you bought that you could use forever on that older gear which works fine for some. Doubt Adobe even cares any more. It's all about the $$$.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.