[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 66 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Whats the overall conciseness on Ricoh Gr cameras? Any of you guys have a Griii ,if so how is it?
>>
File: LX100II_slant-HD-copy.jpg (609 KB, 1920x1440)
609 KB
609 KB JPG
>>3470077
Apparently battery life got kill in gr3.

Anyway, my pnshoot of choice:

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSinar Photography AG
Camera ModelSinar m/ Sinarback eVolution 86H
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2018 (Macintosh)
Photographerhidetoshi
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width8000
Image Height6000
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2018:08:21 21:40:01
Exposure Time39/2500 sec
F-Numberf/25.4
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating50
Lens Aperturef/25.4
Metering ModeUnknown
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash
Focal Length150.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1920
Image Height1440
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
I have 2 GR IIs.
Used first one for a year until it broke because of salt water damage.
The second one has been with me for 2.5 years. The lens retractable tube broke because I dropped it from 3 meters. Still takes photos.
I would buy the 3 if I was in the market for a edc/pocketable travel camera. My only ever complaint is that 28mm equivalent is too wide for me, I prefer 35mm/40mm.
They're like cameras designed by camera geeks. The series' form factor/controls/prime are unbeatable. The only contenders are Fuji X70 (not as small), or XF10 (disappointing from what I've heard).
>>
>>3470087
what camera would you buy if your grii died
>>
>>3470077
Fuck the III for not having a flash.
I and II is perfect
>>
>>3470077

I have the II, I love it as a second, pocketable camera. Sharpness is crazy, B&W jpegs are beautiful and the controls/settings are very handy. I wouldn't buy the third generation, too expensive and they made some weird choices. I did have some dust issues, but I managed to open it up and clean the sensor.
>>
>>3470091
grii/griii
thing is the I have a DSLR for general photography, and use the gr is my walkaround/travel light camera
if I were to only have one camera, the shortlist would be gr2/gr3/x100t/x100f
>>
Have a GR
What am I missing out from by not having a GRII/III?
got it for cheap as fuck at $200
>>
>>3470154

Absolutely nothing.
>>
File: 1556217956348.png (296 KB, 411x412)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>3470162
>>
>fixed lens
A yikes from me
>>
>>3470181
I mostly shoot wide focal lengths.
>>
>>3470154
IBIS, 24 megapixel sensor instead of 16. Not worth the price increase at the moment, but the price will go down.
>>
>>3470181
I use a Ricoh GR for wide angle shots, and a DSLR with a telephoto lens for wildlife, etc. Much faster than switching out lenses, and no more weight or bulk.
>>
>>3470222
IBIS @ 18mm fixed lens. I really what the fucked when I hear that news. It's truly pointless. And there's a lot of cash involved with it. They are complicated and take quite a bit of space, could even be that it's the reason for lesser number of elements in the lens. They should have spent the cash that went into it and incorporated a viewfinder instead. Cam could really shine with one.
>>
>>3470236
why on earth would you want a viewfinder on a camera that's mean to be a pocketable point and shoot?
the more I read about people yappings (esp the hurr there's no more on camera flash that people use at most twice a year), the more I'm convinced that they're just shitposters talking from spreadsheet, not having actually used oe
>>
>>3470222
When do you think the price will go down, if so by how much? Also if you had the money now would you buy it ?
>>
>>3470238
You've pretty decent viewfinders even on smaller and cheaper pnshoots. Why would you not have one on would be premium pnshoot? They come really handy in sunny weather.

And why are we prohibited from moaning? I want them to do well, and I want healthy competition on the market, but they're shooting themselves in the foot with this one. Smaller battery, why? For saving costs? They're implementing silly things you don't need, and removing flash because they're incapable of fixing their dust problems.

Actually, just realised what must be the real reason for ibis, it also acts as dust removal. They must have taken dust memes seriously. The others call it sonic something dust prevention mechanism, and I'm sure ricoh has fancy name for it. ibis is vital for it, It in fact just shakes the sensor as you turn it on, effective nevertheless.
>>
>>3470236
>IBIS @ 18mm fixed lens. I really what the fucked when I hear that news. It's truly pointless.
No it’s not.
>>
>>3470276
Offcourse it is. I can turn it off and nothing will be different on wider lenses. Ok, you can maybe fool around trying to freeze water handheld, but that's it, results will still be worse than tripod. Stabilization is for longer ranges. GR with 50mm equivalent lens and ibis would start seeing effective benefits.
>>
>>3470295
It doubles as AA filter and a dust off system. Also longer shutter speed for handheld

>>3470077
I got myself an MX-1. At the wide end it effectively doubles as a GR Digital with the added bonus of IBIS. The lens is truly magnificent on this little thing
>>
>>3470077
I used several GR's (APS). They had dust problems, but Ricoh customer service was great. Can't say the same about "Precision Camera" which is the company that actually does repairs. I got a new one as replacement, which I used until it completely wore out. I got a GRII (APS) in 2017 and I'm still using it. No dust problems so far. The GR II is basically the GR with WiFi and more megapixels, but there are noticeable improvements in use.

Autofocus is only contrast detection, but it locks on reliably. The snap focus implementation is excellent, and doesn't force the aperture to 5.6 like on Fuji copies. It's basically scale focusing, but you can flick between 1m,1.5m,2m, 2.5m, 3m, 5m, and infinity, and toggle between AF and Snap (or any other focusing mode). No stupid clickless digital focusing ring or laggy on-screen DoF scales to deal with. You can shoot predictively like a rangefinder since you only actually need to bring up the camera for the moment of exposure, or just grab scenes the instant you notice them.

There isn't an early-shutter penalty like Fujis and some Olympus cameras. You can pump the shutter button like a DSLR, so if you trip the shutter a split second too early, you can just shoot immediately. If the scene changes right after exposure and you like it better that way, you can instantly grab that scene too. Imagine Garry Winogrand or William Klein's 28mm Leica setups, but it fits in jeans pockets and has an excellent flash with great metering (not to mention all the perks of digital and high ISO).

The GRIII is missing a flash, which means you can't shoot with a flash and optical viewfinder at the same time, and putting a flash on the GR makes it not a compact anymore. The flash is an incredibly useful tool, and I'm pretty peeved about the removal. The official excuse is for dust sealing, but there's also an ultrasonic cleaner for the sensor which makes the removal redundant. Skip the III.

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelGR
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:08:26 22:47:50
Exposure Time1/2000 sec
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias-1.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.30 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3470343
I got a few questions or ya :
- How long did you second GR last?
- I dont use flash and prefer a smaller camera would it make sense to pick up a gr3?
-Hows the low light on the older gr cameras?
-Any tips for shooting on a gr system, im coming from a sony aspc camera.
>>
File: _C006121.jpg (275 KB, 1000x662)
275 KB
275 KB JPG

Camera ModelGR II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)28 mm
Image Width4928
Image Height3264
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2018:02:10 19:26:13
White Point Chromaticity0.3
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating320
Lens Aperturef/4.4
Brightness5.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length18.30 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height662
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: _C006334.jpg (621 KB, 1000x663)
621 KB
621 KB JPG

Camera ModelGR II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Image Width3936
Image Height2608
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2018:02:24 21:05:14
White Point Chromaticity0.3
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Brightness3.2 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length18.30 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height663
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3470308
>It doubles as AA filter
How does that work?
>>
>>3470343
>The GR II is basically the GR with WiFi and more megapixels

They're both 16MP.
>>
Anyone know of a photoshop action that gets the GR look?
>>
>>3470408

Don't be stupid
>>
>>3470402
16MP is more than enough. Some of my all-time favourite cameras are 16mp and I still use them today. Megapixels stopped being important years ago. Now it's just a measuring tool for brainlets who don't understand the rest of the things on the spec sheet so they think "hur more megapickels better photo!"
>>
>>3470368
The sensor is vibrated in .5 pixel to 1.5 pixel amplitude depending on the settings. Works the same way in my K-3
>>
>>3470546
My MX-1 is 12MP, I can tell you it is more than enough.
>>
so basically - don't buy the 3?
is it worth trying to buy one with warranty so if the dust issue comes up it can be fixed?
>>
>>3470844
nah the improvents are worth it. I'm. about to put a oder in for one soon.
>>
>>3470844
no the sensor update alone makes the gr3 worth it
i mean the only thing gr2 has over 3 is the flash
and again, realistically speaking, how useful are on-camera flashes anyway? for 4 years that I've used the gr2, I can count on one hand the times I've used the flash
>>
>>3470275
>You've pretty decent viewfinders even on smaller and cheaper pnshoots
lol decent
yeah which ones?
you don't even a camera
>>
>>3470866
The on-camera flash is sometimes useful if you're in really low light situations, but now that there's the Flash Q20, a tiny pocketable flash with an equally tiny trigger, there's no real need to mourn its loss on the GRIII.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxY1zzv7PT4
>>
File: R0000260.jpg (879 KB, 2305x2895)
879 KB
879 KB JPG
>>3470077

I'm an amateur photographer that works in technology. I shoot both film and digital and picked up the GRIII so I had a more powerful pocket camera.

My initial impressions were that I was disappointed in the auto-focus system in low-light. It was REALLY bad. For a camera that advertises really good low-light performance, I was kinda mad and was considering reselling it. That soon changed.

When they released the 1.10 firmware, it significantly improves the low-light auto focus system to be actually usable. Since that update, I have little complaints about the camera.

People seem to be upset about the battery life but really if you're doing a whole day's worth of shooting just bring along extra batteries. They're really small and you can easily fit more than what you would need into a pocket.

Furthermore, I really recommend all digital photographers to try film for awhile. It really slows you down in the amount of pictures you take. It makes you heavily consider the frame more and as a result you will end up taking better pictures as a digital photographer (as long as you're still following all of the elements and principles of art).

As for the complaints about flash... how often do you use the on-camera flash on your DSLR? You know that off-camera is the way to go for better lighting; avoiding red-eye and hard shadows. I recommend checking out the Flash Q - a small wireless tether for off-camera flash and it works great with the GRIII. Plus they're pretty cheap.

Camera ModelRICOH GR III
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 8.2.1 (Windows)
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Image Created2019:04:27 16:22:42
Exposure Time1/640 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/6.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeOther
Focal Length18.30 mm
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeClose View
>>
>>3470844
If you don't use a flash, the III is an improvement.
>>
>>3470896
Just use snap when it's too dark for the AF. The camera might not know how far away the subject you want in focus is, but you do. The GR is built so you can just skip the lag by doing some things yourself.

Camera ModelGR II
Image Created2018:09:23 18:56:35
Exposure Time1/250 sec
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias-0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length18.30 mm
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3470928
And that's what I did for the pic related in my previous post. I set the aperture to have the hyper focal distance read 3m to infinity and just used snap focus. But it is nice to have that auto focus at night since you can't stop down as much, limiting the possible hyper focal distance.
>>
File: muh low light.png (1.47 MB, 1079x712)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
>>3470896
Thanks, im waiting for my camera to ship. Please post more pictures from the griii. I have a few questions for you:
-How long does it take to charge the camera?
-Is the IBIS any good? Like hand held long exposure good? (The pic posted below is what I might use it for)
-Do you out it in a case or just carry it around freely in your pocket?
-Is the mobile app any good?

Thanks GRiii anon
>>
File: R0010331-3.jpg (377 KB, 662x1000)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
Pretty much all of my photos are taken with a Ricoh GR (2013). I'm @tamedprocess on Instagram if anybody cares to look.

The sad thing is that I keep buying new cameras but I'm only comfortable with a Ricoh GR in hand. So I end up selling any camera I get after a month of fucking around with them. Nothing can really compare for me now.

Camera ModelGR
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 7.4 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2018:08:07 16:03:04
Exposure Time1/2000 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Brightness8.3 EV
Exposure Bias0.3 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length18.30 mm
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: R0000278.jpg (935 KB, 6000x4000)
935 KB
935 KB JPG
>>3470932
I was playing with the macro mode in my back-yard today. It focuses all the way down to 6cm. The stigma of this tulip was pretty sharp.

>How long does it take to charge the camera?

The camera charges pretty slow. From a fully dead battery, the manual states it takes 2.5 hours... I haven't timed it personally but its certainly not sporting any sort of quick-charge technology. This is why I suggest getting a couple extra batteries if you're going to doing a lot of shooting. I get by on just one since I generally have this camera on me when I'm doing other things - running errands, going to work, grabbing a coffee, etc. I personally have not spent a whole day shooting with it yet but from what I've seen from the power consumption so far, all of the reviews about its short battery life are very true.

>Is the IBIS any good?

The IBIS is pretty good. For low-light, I've tested it while hand-holding the camera and managed to be still enough for a sharp 1/8 second sharp image. I'd share it, but I think I deleted all of those test images since I was just doing it for my own curiosity. Granted, I make no claims to be the most steady at hand holding long exposures, but I was happy with this result. If you prop it against a wall, I'm sure you can get away with a lot. Keep in mind, IBIS is no replacement for a tripod but it does help in low light.

Camera ModelRICOH GR III
Image Created2019:04:27 18:17:01
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/4.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeOther
Focal Length18.30 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeMacro
>>
File: R0000251-Edit.jpg (720 KB, 946x1199)
720 KB
720 KB JPG
>>3470945
>Do you out it in a case or just carry it around freely in your pocket?

I keep it in a case since I noticed that the lens doors are pretty thin and are susceptible to pressure. I picked up the Lowepro Volta 25 for $10 and it fits perfectly.

>Is the mobile app any good?

Its frustrating. It was taking my phone forever to sync up to the camera over wifi but once it did, it worked fine and transferred full-sized RAW files fairly quickly. I wasn't in a particularly noisy wifi area either. Ricoh took their time in adding support for the GRIII on their Image Sync app which only just happened in the last week. In my opinion they still have some issues to work out.

Camera ModelRICOH GR III
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2019 (Windows)
Image Created2019:04:22 02:41:13
Exposure Time1/25 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
ISO Speed Rating6400
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Focal Length18.30 mm
Image Width946
Image Height1199
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
>>3470844
Buy it, if you can swallow the high price pill. If not, wait a few years when the price considerably drops.
>>
>>3470936
Cool shots, I just placed my order hopefully I like it!
>>3470945
I heard the battery is kinda lose in camera is that true or a meme?
Also, is the wobbly dial something i should be worried about or should i not give a fuck and just use it?
>>
>>3470546
16MP is plenty if the shot you wanted was 28mm or 35mm FOV. If you wanted a 70mm equivalent, it's nice to have more MP. The GR is my favorite camera but I wish they would release a 21mm and maybe a 50mm version. The GR is lighter than any of my lenses and it'd actually be easier to carry three of them vs. my other setup. I know there's the wideangle adapter but it's a meh compromise since the slimness is gone.

>>3470632
Depends. Whenever I do group photos for my school, I'm not even quite satisfied with 24MP. It might be the lens or maybe 200ws is not enough but I am poorer so gotta make do. Saving up for better lights and lens though. Otherwise I'll be renting a high resolution body for next year's group photos. Even at A3, the difference between 24 and 42MP is noticeable to me although none of the other staff can really tell the difference.

>>3470889
I use a tiny flash with their trigger but I would still prefer having one on-board. The pairing with the FlashQ system is a little finicky and indoors it was sometimes easier to use optical slaves with the built in flash. Still, GRIII on the way. Been waiting a long time for this release. Really hoping the new firmware fixed AF since the video comparisons I saw vs the GRII were not good but the better sensor (sensitivity and resolution) look to be definitely worth it.
>>
File: R0000234.jpg (794 KB, 2656x3772)
794 KB
794 KB JPG
>>3470949
>Cool shots
Thank you.

>I heard the battery is kinda lose in camera is that true or a meme?
Yeah, the battery rattles around a little but its held in place. There's no real concern of it falling out or not making a good connection though. It only wiggles a little on the x-axis.

>Also, is the wobbly dial something i should be worried about or should i not give a fuck and just use it?

It literally makes no difference. I think the people who are complaining about that are pretty autistic. It wiggles but no more than any other button/dial/switch ever made.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 8.2 (Windows)
Image Created2019:04:17 19:58:32
>>
>>3470945
>>3470947
>>3470951

Also, sorry for the image sizes, I know the rules, but I'm posting the full resolution for examples.
>>
>>3470951
Well i just ordered the camera with some 3rd party wasabi Olympus batteries.
>>
>>3470929
The lens is 18mm, get a feel for DOF wide open so you intuitively know whether to push the button to toggle AF to Snap. Snap for fleeting moments, AF for scenes that last for more than a few seconds.

Camera ModelGR II
Image Created2018:09:23 17:49:39
Exposure Time1/250 sec
ISO Speed Rating6400
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias-0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length18.30 mm
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
SharpnessNormal
>>
I am thinking of buying the XF10 mainly because the lowlight IQ is good, low price and more file real estate for cropping if needed. I want the GR III but is out of my budget. XF10 autofocus is reviewed as a mixed bag from "its alright for what's it worth" vs "unusable". I regularly shoot with deep DOF.

In your case, would you be able to live with just using Snap focus most of the time?
>>
>>3470962
Just get a used or refurb Ricoh GR II or even the I since it's the exact same minus WiFi. 16mp files have plenty of "real estate" especially if you're using the camera as intended (getting close to your subject).

Fuji have more or less abandoned the XF10, I mean all of their cameras get firmware updates and yet they've just dropped the XF10 without a word despite its autofocus issues and slow menus. It's kind of a lemon imo.

Regardless these cameras are meant for street shooting so yeah I never turn off snap focus. I just decide quickly if I want to snap focus or take a second to use autofocus depending on the subject. They're not meant for bokehwhoring really. You're better off with an X-E2 or X-E3 with a fast prime for that.
>>
>>3470965
Forgot my image

Camera ModelGR
Exposure Time1/640 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Brightness6.7 EV
Exposure Bias0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length18.30 mm
Image Width2220
Image Height1776
>>
>>3470962
5.6 aperture lock in knockoff snap mode on Fuji's
>>
File: R0000226-2.jpg (864 KB, 4000x4897)
864 KB
864 KB JPG
>>3470958
Glad I could help. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

One last word of advice about it though, the ring around the lens that covers the contacts to connect the wide-angle extension comes off really easily if its not in a case. I've had it fallen off several times without realizing it, but managed to track it down every time. It latches onto the frame, but it doesn't take a lot of pressure to twist it the quarter turn for it to clear the lugs.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 8.2 (Windows)
Image Created2019:04:17 17:36:27
>>
>>3470181
>needing a crutch instead of using creativity
>>
>>3470950
Yes, because a street shooter camera and everyday carry premium point and shoot is comparable to a professional photography setup in any way.
Do us a favor and larp somewhere else, buddy. It is scorchingly obvious how new you are both in photography and using the board.
>>
>>3470950
>16MP is plenty if the shot you wanted was 28mm or 35mm FOV. If you wanted a 70mm equivalent, it's nice to have more MP.
how many megapickles should I have if I use a 200mm?
>>
>>3470950
>The GR is my favorite camera but I wish they would release a 21mm and maybe a 50mm version
There are adapter rings for GR/GRII called GH-3 (49mm) and GA-1 (49mm as well) for GRIII, you can use screw on teleconverters, there are some good quality ones out there.
>>
>>3470343
Even cameras without IBIS have sensor cleaning and it's shit so that isn't a huge feature for me.
>>
>>3470974
Thanks, I'm picking my camera up today! Ill update the thread when I get it.
>>
File: IMG_20190428_124016.jpg (3.09 MB, 2610x4640)
3.09 MB
3.09 MB JPG
>>3470974
got it!

Equipment MakeOnePlus
Camera ModelONEPLUS A3000
Camera SoftwareOnePlus3-user 8.0.0 OPR1.170623.032 1807192224 release-keys
Image Created2019:04:28 12:40:16
Exposure Time1/279 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Brightness0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Focal Length4.26 mm
Image Width2610
Image Height4640
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>3471158
Dammit man, don't post pictures OF your camera, go shoot photos WITH the camera and post those!
>>
>>3471050
Didn't say they were comparable although they are closer than you think. I carry the GR because it produces the highest quality output for the size but that doesn't mean there aren't situations when I wish I had more options. Not sure why you are aggro about it.

>>3471052
Depends what you are outputting to. But a 200mm FOV with the GR lens is going to use such a tiny part of the sensor it would make more sense to use something like a RX100VI if you are still going for pocket friendly - even if there was an APSC sensor dense enough to give the same resolution.

>>3471080
It's tempting, but then it isn't as pocket friendly. I'd go for it if I didn't already have an ultrawide lens for my mirrorless.

>>3471158
Congrats!
>>
>>3471158
Congratulations, anon! How do you like it so far?
>>
>>3471158
poo in loo
>>
>>3471190
Once I learn the menu system and get better at this snap focus I will!
>>3471192
Thanks!
>>3471195
Im in the process of learning the camera, the battery life is pretty bad, but that can be solved by extra batteries. The overall build quality is pretty nice, the lens is nice and sharp if you can get it to focus; overall I think I will like this camera.
>>3471207
Nope, Indo,Black
>>
>>3471251
Snap focus kicks in when you mush the shutter button instead of stopping at half press for autofocus
>>
File: R0000125.jpg (2.6 MB, 3713x5553)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB JPG
Some pics I took on the GR3.

>>
File: R0000197.jpg (1.55 MB, 3828x4785)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG

>>
File: R0000136.jpg (734 KB, 3534x4417)
734 KB
734 KB JPG
>>3471255
Getting better at the whole snap focus thing.

>>
>>3471432
>>3471433
>>3471434

Lookin good anon
>>
>>3470969
god, why so grainy desu?
>>
>>3471432
>>3471433
>>3471434
Nice, I see you are already getting into the mood. Now go shoot more (((shitting))) streets
>>
File: R0010358.jpg (2.48 MB, 2365x2365)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB JPG
>>3471477
I move between ISO 800 outdoors and ISO 1600 indoors or in challenging conditions because I value high shutter speed with an aperture between f4-f11. Not really possible at ISO 100-400 most of the time. Grain doesn't really bother me.

Camera ModelGR
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Image Created2018:08:05 01:25:01
Exposure Time1/2000 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/6.3
Brightness8.9 EV
Exposure Bias0.3 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length18.30 mm
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessHard
>>
>>3470936
followed owo
>>
>>3471627
Thanks! I've lost a lot of inspiration lately and stopped uploading as much but it'll pass. I think it's a matter of making projects for yourself and sticking to it.
>>
>>3470936
>putting /pee/ in your bio thing
Why m8
>>
File: IMG_4976.png (863 KB, 750x1334)
863 KB
863 KB PNG
I love my GRII.
Tried my friend's Leica for a while, but with the Ricoh I don't mind taking in everywhere I go and I'm not scared that if it gets busted I wouldn't be able to buy another one right away. Also it's not flashy at all so even if it's in a third world country no one would bother to steal it.

I brought it to the sea, on mountains, at moshpits, riding my motorbike, even dropped it 5 times but it's the sturdiest shit I've ever experienced. Good job Japan I almost feel sorry for dropping two nukes on you.

I have some selects on my IG if you care lol
>>
mods r aslep
post gr snapps

Camera ModelGR II
Image Created2018:09:23 17:30:25
Exposure Time1/320 sec
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias-0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length18.30 mm
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
SharpnessNormal
>>

Camera ModelGR
Image Created2017:03:29 22:42:53
Exposure Time1/160 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.30 mm
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3471767
are these SOOC jpegs? what preset was used
>>
File: 2019-04-29_03-02-56.jpg (281 KB, 1023x678)
281 KB
281 KB JPG

Camera ModelGR
Image Created2017:03:29 21:55:55
Exposure Time1/1250 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.30 mm
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: 2019-04-29_03-07-19.jpg (315 KB, 1024x678)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
>>3471773
it's a preset I made to look like grocery store CN film

Camera ModelGR
Image Created2017:04:08 00:21:07
Exposure Time1/1250 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/6.3
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.30 mm
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3471776
Who the fuck runs around being pro-assad in the US. I can understand not wanting to be involved in Syria but this is something else.
>>
>>3471801
Who the fuck runs around being pro-trump in the US. I can understand not wanting to be involved outside their own bubble but this is something else
>>
>>3471670
Thanks for reminding me, I only add that to my bio while I'm following people on /p/ so they know I'm not a follow bot. I forgot to delete it I guess.
>>
DUST
U
S
T
>>
>>3471863
Only if your clothes are filthy
>>
>>3471863
GRiii has dust removal suck mah knob
>>
>>3471912
my camera has auto sensor cleaning but some of them, I still have to remove manually
>>
>>3471863
Srs question, why is gr known for dust issues but I don't hear the issue from other point and shoot brands?
>>
File: R0020533.jpg (4.61 MB, 3166x2097)
4.61 MB
4.61 MB JPG
>>3471921
Because it's a major problem on the GR. Dust slips through multiple ingress points on the body so it's almost impossible to avoid. Most think it gets in through the lens but that's not true, the body is not built to keep dust out so it just sucks in all over. For instance, if you put it in your pocket and pull it out, there's often dust along the seams in the camera body. That's where it gets in. You often find hair halfway inside too.

So basically the only way to avoid dust is to never put the GR in your pocket or put it in your bag. I keep mine in a leather holder meant for Canon compact cameras, works okay, but I still have dust all over my sensor. It's basically an inevitability, if you have a GR, it WILL get dust inside.

Most here won't see it as it only really becomes visible at f8 and above and /p/ is a bokehwhore board but it's still a major problem for those of us who do long exposures or landscapes, or anything that requires going above f8.

Camera ModelGR
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 8.1 (Windows)
Image Created2019:01:20 19:11:41
Exposure Time240 sec
F-Numberf/16.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/16.0
Brightness-3.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length18.30 mm
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: R0000285.jpg (998 KB, 2658x3468)
998 KB
998 KB JPG
>>3471158
Looks like you're enjoying it. Again, I'm happy to help you make an informed choice. Also keep posting GRIII images!

Camera ModelRICOH GR III
Image Created2019:04:30 02:16:35
Exposure Time1/2000 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Focal Length18.30 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3471923
Maybe you should wash your clothes once in a while
>>
File: compare.jpg (351 KB, 1147x1160)
351 KB
351 KB JPG
Why is GR III's skin tone rendition like this?

>>
>>3471949
>dxomark
yeet yourself faggot
>>
>>3471936
It's nothing to do with clothes but whatever, those are the facts of the GR dust problem. It remains to be seen if dust removal on the GR III solves it, usually those systems shake the dust off the front of the sensor but it collects at the bottom then splashes back on as you move the camera. Nowhere for the dust to exit as it were.
>>
>>3471961
You keep saying that. I have clean clothes and I especially pay attention to pockets. Never had any dust issue with any of my fixed lens cameras.
Like I said, clean your clothes, clean your apartment, stop being a filthy piece of shit!
>>
>>3471949
Looks like the XF10's IQ and colors look good. If the AF is somehow slow or hunts in certain situations, then I'll just snap focus most of the time, I think I can live with that. Good thing it's within my budget.
>>3471923
>>3471961
Thanks for your explanation.
>>
>>3471954
That’s dpreview, not dxomark.
>>
>>3471983
Same difference both shit fuck off
>>
>>3471984
Those tests are the only valuable thing on that site.
>>
>>3471977
I bet you don't own a GR. What do you expect people do, clean their jackets and bags constantly whenever they want to take any photos? Never expose your camera to any air ever (since people tend to leave their homes to take photos)?Dust is around us at all times, it doesn't matter if your place is extremely sparkling clean. I keep my cameras in a tupperware box with a dehumidifier inside when not in use and still have it.

Look up Ricoh GR dust, even professionals who keep their equipment in the best protection at all times and safely stored in containers when not in use still run into the dust problem.

Anyway, nice bait 8/10
>>
so basically it's doomed to have too much dust new or old and it's the ThinkPad meme equivalent of /p/
>>
>>3472031
I got mine refurbed from a reputable dealer and it didn't develop noticeable dust for about a year and a half. You can always remove dust in post very easily, only takes about a minute or two, it's just a pain but to me not a deal breaker. Anybody who has been into photography for more than a year has no doubt learned dust removal in post since it shows up all the time either via the lens or your sensor needing a clean.

Like I've said, the dust only shows up when you move past f8 like any other camera so I don't tend to see it in my images otherwise. You can always disassemble it and clean the sensor too but it's a pain. I'll probably send mine in for a sensor clean if/when the dust is an actual problem for me. Until then I can't get the same GR look and ergos anywhere else so I'm never going to stop using the cameras for what I do.
>>
>>3471992
Why on earth would you expect to professionals keep their gear in the best shape at all times? They are the hardest on their gear, it is the complete opposite.
You do sound very much like the resident sonyshill.
>>
did they fix the dust issue with the gr3
i have the first generation and i completely love it, i bought it without any dust, but after six months of intensive use the sensor is dusty as fuck. I´ll have to spend around a 100€ to fix it, wich seems to much for a camera that cost me 200.
also i really don´t like that they removed the flash, everyone says it´s not an issue but i really like having it
>>
>>3472038
Professionals tend to practice proper storage, that's all. I'm not disputing they treat their gear the hardest in the field.

The guy I was replying to was raving about the GR dust problem is from dirty clothes or your home needing to be cleaned. I can tell you that's not the issue as an owner of the camera. Dust gets in eventually no matter what you do and nobody has ever found a foolproof way to avoid it. For a while people said attaching protectors to the front of the lens will stop it but that's bullshit as the dust comes in from other ingress points. Doesn't stop the lens protectors being hilariously overpriced to exploit that myth.

Also I don't know how I'm being a "shill" by being honest about the dust problem on here. Surely a shill would say it doesn't exist? Hm.
>>
>>3472042
The camera only just came out so there's not enough long term use studies to say. In a few months we'll know if it's solved or not. That's what I'm waiting for as well.

If you want the flash back I'd advise getting a Flash Q20, it's so small and portable it's a perfect match for the GR. Plus you can take it off camera for more experimentation than the on-camera one gives you.
>>
anyone got any film positive comparisons between the gr ii and gr iii? Apprarantly they toned it down
>>
>>3472037
I've disassembled my GR a handful of times to clean dust and it's easy after the first couple times. The main thing is to be very careful not to detach the ribbon cable running from the front to the back half. It is a pain to get back in but even if you don't, the camera is semi functional.

>>3472050
Annoying thing is that the Flash Q20 is not TTL but it is still a top pick regardless.
>>
File: R0000426.jpg (3.51 MB, 3752x5628)
3.51 MB
3.51 MB JPG
This shot came out clean af, still working on the whole street photography thing.

Camera ModelRICOH GR III
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 8.1 (Windows)
Image Created2019:04:30 21:54:56
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating640
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length18.30 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
>>
>>3472359
100ISO or nothing desu senpaitachi
>>
>>3472361
Why?
>>
>>3471863
dead meme unless you're poor and still use the Mk. I

>>3472042
Fixed on the II

Camera ModelGR II
Image Created2018:11:24 17:48:25
Exposure Time1/320 sec
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.30 mm
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3472374
I didn't know walmart sells $1000 point shoots.
>>
>>3472367
Looks more sick
>>
>>3472059
Check out that Samuel Lintaro YouTube channel he did a fairly thorough comparison in his review
>>
>>3470928
Snap mode is so good for almost any situation. I reassigned the fn button to have a snap distance menu so I can change quickly with literally no time used for focusing.

I don't understand why it's so hard for people to learn how to use their camera.
>>
>>3472372
That's a nice use of the GR. Great shot!
>>
>>3472042
that's a pretty steep financial penalty for a design flaw. you can already buy a prime lens for that amount.
>>
>>3472378
>fails to recognize bubble-era Japanese design
>lets shit taste in aesthetics dictate gear choices
>>
>>3472359
Watch Mattias Burling's video on the GRIII and see how to set it up for ETTR
The sensor has the performance to push shadows
>>
>>3472447
Ignore him, he is the resident sony autist, gets a fit when something new comes out and it isn't sony, get's even more tardragey when the gear is actually good
>>
>>3472378
-snap focus
-a better sensor
-smaller fourm factor
-ibis
-usbc
-touchscreen
-God tier lens
-pock ability
-all metal construction
-the camera is overall very low key, no one is going to fuck with you for having this camera.
>>
>>3472660
Ignore him, he's going into threads shitting on anything, have you seen the hissy fit he did with the new FF Panasonic? It literally pains him if there is gear people like and is not a sony.
>>
>>3472654
The GR lens is noticeably sharper than the x100, which is already very sharp.
God tier is not that hyperbolic.
>>
>>3472654
As someone who has actually used both camera, the Gr3 is much more usable as a camera. It's basically the sleeper car equvilent in camera form. The lens is pretty much best in class.
>>
>>3470077
>>3470095

GR3 is shit. They killed flash to make the awful battery life just a little better.

With flash the piece of shit wouldn't have a 100 shot battery.
>>
>>3471432

>$900 point and shoot
>no view finder
>no flash
>battery life 200 shots without a flash
>>
>>3472733
it's more like 300-400 ish. besides you can carry a extra battery, they are small as fuck.
t. I actually own the camera
>>
>>3472731
desu I never use the built in flash on the body of the camera, I'm glad they got rid of it. Also you can get over 300+ shots easily if you don't shoot like a retard.
>>
>>3472736
>>3472735

240 is what all of the reviewers say. If you crank down the screen(viewfinder) I'm sure you're being honest and not (((paid))).

>>3472736

Getting rid of flash forces that "Ricoh Style" heavily ND filtered ISO heavy in low light picture. I guess that's what they're going for now-a-days that actual technical improvements in camera bodies has hit the wall of 'Moore's Law' relative to digital film.

For the money there are better options. Enjoy your 'stylish camera'.
>>
>>3472741
> ND filtered ISO heavy
what is this ND filtered high ISO look you speak of?
>For the money there are better options
which do you recommend?
>>
>>3472372
Is the GR II more resistant to dust than GR I? That might be worth it since WiFi is useless to me.
>>
>>3472963
A compact camera is pretty useless as a party/hanging out with friends/spontaneous snapshit camera, without a built-in flash.

The GR is deliberately marketed as a compact camera you carry at all times for casual snapshits, as well as street. It's marketed as a premium version of a point and shoot, where you don't have to sacrifice lens and sensor quality.
Have you seen many point and shoots without built in flash? Virtually all of them have it.
And it's not just about shooting at night. Even in midday sun, a builtin flash used as fill will give much more flattering faces with well lit "sparkling" eyes vs dark blobs of shadow for eyes that make you look like a Panda.

It's not a matter of liking on-axis harsh flash like uncle t-bone. It's a matter of being able to take a photo vs not being able to take a photo when going shit with friends at night.

>Even Gilden uses an off-camera flash when he ambushes people.
Which he handholds, so it's not an extreme angle off axis. You get much closer to Gilden's aesthetic by using even a built in flash, compared to no flash at all.
>>
>>3472741
I took about 250 ish shots today, my battery is still at 60-70%, the screen is at full brightness and I have stabilization on.
>For the money there are better options. Enjoy your 'stylish camera'.
Find me aspc camera I can fit into my pocket with decent specs and stabilization for under $900 usd. Not even joking if you suggest something decent, I will literally go out and buy it to compare it to the GR3.
>>3472963
Poor fags are looking for a excuse to justify them not buying the camera. "Its trash it has no flash"
>>
>>3472966
I can count the amount of times I have used the flash on my a6500 when doing normie shit at night. Also most on body flashes are complete shit anyways.
>>
>>3472733
>$900 point and shoot
If you have a real job this amout of money is inconsequential to drop on a everyday item.

>no view finder
No need, snap focus and its meant to be a more casual camera. If I wanted a camera with a view finder I will use one of my larger camera.

>no flash
I have owned multiple cameras with built in flash, I cant remember the last time I used the built on flash. The removal of the flash means nothing to me.

>battery life 200 shots without a flash
I got over 200 shots per day consistently a week, when I come home I still have 40-60% of my battery left, the battery isn't amazing but its not as bad as the shills make it out to be.
>>
File: R0000653.jpg (1.5 MB, 2926x3657)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
More GR3 snap shits (1/3)

Camera ModelRICOH GR III
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.14 (Windows)
Image Created2019:05:02 01:44:24
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length18.30 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
>>
File: R0000698.jpg (2.02 MB, 5352x3568)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB JPG
(2/3)

Camera ModelRICOH GR III
Image Created2019:05:02 01:56:59
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1000
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length18.30 mm
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: R0000715.jpg (1.28 MB, 4000x5000)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
(3/3)

Camera ModelRICOH GR III
Image Created2019:05:02 01:49:09
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1000
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length18.30 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
>>
>>3473033
>Do you, personally, use a camera's built-in flash for that?
Yes.

>If I'd been a GRII user in that situation, I'd have been using my phone's flash as an off-camera light source while wishing that the GRII had a better sensor and image stabilization and completely ignoring the on-camera pop-up flash. That's what I do when I have a DSLR with me.
My drunk snapshots of my friends don't require absolute technical perfection, what I value is that I can operate the camera with one hand while holding beer with the other.

>f/2.8 at ISO 25600 is enough to get a 1/30th exposure in shitty bar lighting. With stabilization, you can go down to 12800 and 1/15th if your subject is holding even moderately still.
My drunk friends aren't holding moderately still.
>>
>>3472922
Nope. The GR I and GR II are identical except they added the WiFi to it so there's a slight bump along the top. Dust is still an issue on both since they're identical cameras otherwise, same lens, same body, same everything.
>>
>>3472922
Just tape down the flash, it is the main ingress point. Also wash clothes and don't let pocket lint to gather up
Is it really that hard to not be filthy?
>>
>>3473033
>Do you, personally, use a camera's built-in flash for that?
Yeah, sure. It's just more convenient. I have small cameras and small flashes (for instance a minox with a flash), but a point and shoot with built in flash is more convenient, especially for clubs etc. .
An Olympus OM-2 has a pretty great flash metering system, essentially it does off-the-film ttl metering so you can bounce it etc. . But again, much bulkier and less convenient than a point and shoot with built in flash.
All I'm saying is, it's not about quality but convenience. My most used camera for party settings etc. is a Fuji Instax. Because it has a built in flash and it gives you an instant print, it's as convenient as it gets, pure quality be damned.

>f/2.8 at ISO 25600 is enough to get a 1/30th exposure in shitty bar lighting. With stabilization, you can go down to 12800 and 1/15th if your subject is holding even moderately still.
Well my opinion is a bit skewed cause with film you're limited at ISO3200 or 1600 more usually and f/1.4 . If a digital can do crazy high ISOs maybe the necessity for flash decreases a bit.

>Having a flash is better than not having a flash, but if I had to choose between having no flash and having a flash but having an extra way for dust to get onto my fixed-lens-camera's sensor that I'd never be able to get rid of,
This one I agree. But they don't have to be mutually exclusive. For instance a Fuji X100 (and the like) has a built in flash *and* an optical viewfinder, yet they don't have huge problems with dust. But as you said, if a flash would guarantee dust, get rid of it. Still a shitty compromise though, throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
>>
>>3473151
The flash isn't the main ingress point. It's the entire body, the seams along the body as I've already said. I still have dust and I've never used the flash.

Please stop posting ITT when you are completely ignorant on this subject.
>>
>>3473033
how's your ISO so clean at 5000?

teach me senpai
>>
>>3473222
Even closed, it leaves a big opening for dust. He's saying tape it shut to seal it.

Kind of sad that Ricoh merely removed the flash instead of isolating it, but oh well, I don't miss it.

Dust isn't from filthy pockets.
>>
>>3472975
Agreed with all this. I even saw a post yesterday talking about how some mirrorless BODY (no lens) was the same price, as if they had won that argument... twice the size, no lens, no stabilization.

There's (unfortunately) nothing like the GRIII. I bought it. Would have loved to get an XF10 that had better controls and stabilization; would have paid $900 for it too.
>>
>>3473244
That's good. Nice shot

didn't know the 5DmkIII were that good at iso 5000
>>
>>3473249
My APS-C is good up to ISO 6400 without crop
Any APS-C today and from ~4-5 years ago has that performance
Excluding Canon APS-C of course.
>>
>>3473329
which APS-C do you have?

but the FF sensor can really be helpful above 3200 ISO, I almost saw no noise in AC's picture. Her skin tone and skin texture is also pretty good for the iso.
>>
>>3473354
Nikon D7100
>>
>>3472922
Of 3 GR I's I had, they accumulated dust at a pretty hilarious amount.

I haven't had problems with the GR II in about 2 years of it being in a damp, filthy pocket. I'm still happy with it, and probably won't upgrade since the flash is so useful (metering is reliably instant and spot-on). A free hot shoe means I can keep a tiny viewfinder on it and still have a flash.

Camera ModelGR II
Image Created2019:05:02 17:36:29
Image OrientationUnknown
Exposure Time1/60 sec
SharpnessNormal
Focal Length18.30 mm
Light SourceUnknown
ISO Speed Rating2500
Metering ModePattern
Exposure Bias-0.3 EV
White BalanceManual
Exposure ModeAuto
Lens Aperturef/2.8
>>
>>3473033
Flashes have the ability to freeze action up to moderate distances in low light, among other benefits.

Camera ModelGR II
Image Created2018:09:23 17:08:35
Exposure Time1/60 sec
ISO Speed Rating1100
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias-0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length18.30 mm
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3473512
that fingernail is wild
>>
>>3473579
Fingernail? That stance, that disgusting spic belly, it highly resembles Chosis. I mean it is uncanny, I know he wouldn't post Ricoh images because he is a die hard Sony fanboy, but that looks very much like him.
>>
>>3473771
Please don't tarnish the reputation of this random Chinese man. He good man. Hard worker. Why everybody hate him?
>>
>>3473512
Hmm could just be chance that your GRIs got dusty and not the GRII since other posters are saying no physical changes. Agree about the usefulness of flash but that better sensor in the GRIII is tempting. I guess Ricoh figured everyone would sperg if they made it large enough to fit a flash even though it probably would have been a small change. And the GRIII is thinner and shorter anyway so it would have been a wash.

The built in GR flash is tiny. I wonder if it is possible to develop one about the size of the optical viewfinder attachment.
>>
Fuck I want a GRiii but I don't have the spare cash for one and can't justify selling my only interchangeable lens system for one.
>>
>>3473618
i generally agree with you, but just to play devil's advocate, if you're actually following the "1000px on the longest side" rule then almost no shot is going to look visibly noisy
>>
>>3474579
I also can"t justify getting GRIII with it's current price and GRII with it's old sensor. So I might also go for the XF10, sells for $400 equiv now.
>>
>>3472922
No, I had dust on the sensor of my GRII. It's not that hard to open it up and clean the sensor if the dust really is an issue.
>>
>>3474579
Do what I did, get an MX-1 or a GRD IV
MX-1 got the new BSI sensor so it's RAW images behave like a DSLR, pushing shadows 3 stop is not a problem, from such a small sensor at that. The lens is sharp, wide end is like a GR.
>>
File: gx80.jpg (39 KB, 600x600)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>3470077
superior compact coming through.
Cheaper (and includes two lenses)
You can also adapt any old primes you could think of, and manual focusing is a pleasure with focus peaking

Also, just as small as a poket camera.
>>
I believe I fucked up the sensor in my GR when I finally opened it up to clean the dust off. I decided to use canned air since the dust was quite stuck, and got residue on the sensor. Then attempted to clean that carefully with a microfiber cloth and now the sensor just looks horrible. I’ll attempt with some proper sensor cleaning stuff but I believe it’s rip GR.

Not sure what I should get now, I’d really like to give the X100f a go but it’s way more expensive than how cheap a used GR goes for.
>>
>>3474849
>not a fixed lens
>bigger and less pocketable
>EVF for street???
>no pancake primes just remotely as good as the GR lens
>definitely not pocketable with adapted lenses
>no snap focus
>no low key design
Bitch, please
>>
>>3474903
You topped up a retarded decision with an even bigger retardation, congratulations. Send it off to a proper service and pray they can save it.
Next time invest in the proper tools, SensorKlear stick and blower pump
>>
>>3474903
Sensor stacks have glass filters on top, maybe you only need to replace the top IR cut filter. Don't do it yourself, seek professional help.
>>
>>3474907
>>3474922
Thing is though, it’ll probably cost about the same as just getting another used GR. So why bother really.
>>
>>3474993
Why would you buy another one when you can get it fixed for the same money? Think of the environment, your retarded consumerist mentality is why we are where we are.
>>
>>3474999
Companies should also make it easier for 3rd party repair companies and individuals to repair their own shit. Look into the right to repair bill.
>>
just brought a Ricoh GR 2013 for $150 how did I do
>>
>>3475368
This exactly. If I could just buy a spare part or replace the glass filter myself, I could do it. It was not an issue to get to the sensor in the first place, and if I wasn’t being an idiot and used the correct tools I’d already have a working, dust free GR. So this is the argument we should be having, and not...

>>3474999
This, such a non-argument. If I buy a used GR from someone else, the amount of GR’s out in the worldor the effect on the environment does not change. Same way someone can be a vegan and buy a second hand leather jacket.
>>
> 28mm
> No viewfinder

I may as well use my iPhone.
>>
>>3475509
It has a viewfinder, in fact you can choose from two, and the voigtländer one works as well.
>>
>>3471776
>pic
Lmao, based assadists.
>>
>>3471801
Syrian American christians, alawites or sunnis with an iq over 100.
People who watched too much Russia Today.
People who are genuinely informed about Syria.
>>
>>3475509
Does your iphone have ASP-C too?
>>
>>3470896
>following all of the elements and principles of art
you must be new here
>>
>>3475884
portraits are unshootable on anything less than 50mm, face distorts too much
>>
>>3475969
Take a couple steps back. Problem solved.
>>
How do I git gud at shooting with the grii? What are the recommended settings?
>>
>>3476493
Set it to 6.3
>>
I mainly shoot medium/large format but I use my phone to take backups and BTS shots for social. I want to upgrade to a compact which is small enough to fit in a pocket and edit the RAWs in LR on my phone. Will the GR II give me substantially better IQ than an iPhone XS and all its fancy AI HDR shit?
>>
>>3476493
f8000 and be there
>>
>>3476495
>>3476574
;_:
>>
>>3475880
Don't forget wealthy conservative émigrés who preferred the status quo
>>
>>3476786
falls under either 1 or 3
>>
>>3476543
Yes, especially in low light. Your tiny iPhone sensor can't compete with the APS-C monster inside the Ricoh GR.
>>
File: R0001214.jpg (2.18 MB, 3850x5019)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG

Camera ModelRICOH GR III
Image Created2019:05:04 22:33:16
Exposure Time1/1000 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length18.30 mm
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: R0001513.jpg (2.13 MB, 3734x5352)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB JPG

Camera ModelRICOH GR III
Image Created2019:05:07 20:28:23
Exposure Time1/1250 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length18.30 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: R0000994.jpg (1.76 MB, 5679x3690)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG

Camera ModelRICOH GR III
Image Created2019:05:04 00:13:53
Exposure Time1/5 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length18.30 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeClose View
>>
Should I buy a ricoh gr 3?
>>
>>3478213
if you have money to burn or really need the extra megapickles
otherwise the gr i/ii can be had as low as $150-200
>>
>>3478225
Where can I find a gr2 in working order for under 200?
>>
>>3478233
gr1 at that price, my bad
i got mine for $150 with patience
>>
>>3478213
If you can afford it, go for it.

If you've never shot with a GR, try the GR/GRII first to see if you like it. They're still nice cameras even if they're "old".
>>
>>3470085
Is the poor battery life one of the reasons why they removed the flash?
>>
>>3480308
I'm sure it's not. The main reason might be sensor stabilization and a next maybe dust. But the latter is already quite incredible.

In Gayrmany the GR II used price is close to the dealer price of ~EUR 500. Unbeerlievable
>>
>>3480308
Im going on a photo walk with some Ricoh reps/engineers, what are some good questions/concerns I should bring up?
>>
>>3481120
photo walk?
>>
>>3481150
I think he means official workshop/promo workshop
>>
>>3481120
pentax needs an 18mm limited prime
>>
>>3481120
Why don't you address dust on a *premium* compact that cannot be cleaned easily like it's possible with interchangeable lens cameras?
I don't believe how even the GR III collects dust.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.