[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/p/ - Photography


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



Why the FUCK is almost every camera company Japanese? Who let this happen? Why isn't America at the forefront of photographic technology?
>>
File: 1495946010987.jpg (153 KB, 750x704)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
Japan, Korea and China have their students focus on STEM classes.

USA has their students focused on Gender studies.
Black history study.
Minority studies.
American colleges are burning in flames over racial issues and encourage segregation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoxU_iWCov8

American students are more worried about feeling safe during Halloween and banning Halloween costumes.
>>
>>3467084
>Why isn't America at the forefront of photographic technology?
This should clue you in on what's going on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTnDpoQLNaY

That's America's intellectual output.
>>
File: 1503198046990.png (28 KB, 1357x800)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>3467098
>. We didn't have an equivalent to Nikon and Canon or even Leica, Zeiss, and Voigtländer in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s.
You had Kodak though.

>Third, if you actually look at any American university, people taking things like Gender studies are going to be vastly, *vastly* outnumbered by people taking STEM courses.
I'm not sure about this anymore.
But even if this was true, you are still wasting away your students on that nonsense. Am I wrong about this? No I'm not.

Meanwhile students in China graduate and become part of Laowa, Yongnuo, Meike, etc.
Students in South Korea graduate and become part of Samyang.
Students in Japan gets jobs at Sony, Canon, etc.

Students in America? Busy worrying about rape allegations and safe spaces.
Maybe it would be different if your students had higher average IQ?
>>
>>3467098
Here's your average American university campus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbJ3mThW_2o

Teargas everywhere and violence on the streets because the students didn't feel safe about a conservative speaker being invited to campus.
>>
>>3467107
>If you add up all of the STEM graduates
Then you would add up All the ones on the other side as well.
African American studies.
Transgender studies.
Philosophy etc. (That Eric Clanton guy was a professor of Philosophy)
Your cancer has infected much more broadly than you think.

>First off: Stop linking school funding to local property taxes, which ensures that poor students get the shittiest education and stay poor and stupid.
I think the best way is to stop pretending higher learning is suited for everybody.
You have steered away from Meritocracy.

Japan, Korea, China has embraced meritocracy.
Could you even imagine this happening in Japan? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4D3fwQBZeY
Japanese students being blocked because the protesters object to their Japanese privilege.
That would never happen.

But it's become American mainstream culture now.
Because you invited the Low IQ mass into campus.
>>
>>3467084
Apple and Google are top camera companies right now, and are American.
>>
>>3467114
They are more like global companies with employees world wide, so that doesn't count.
>>
>>3467119
Same can be said of the big camera manufacturers.
>>
>>3467121
Just the manufacturing.

The researches are all linked to Japanese universities.
>>
>>3467122
Same can be said for google and apple, although they tend to hire from (American) universities rather than work with them.
>>
>>3467123
>Same can be said for google and apple
That's not true, their research teams are all over the world.
>>
great thread
>>
>>3467124
It is, they're mostly in America.
>>
>>3467093
what a strange opinion, considering idk, MOST research schools are famously in the US
>>
>>3467126
Do you think you can regain some sort of pride by lying?
http://www.timesofisrael.com/apples-herzliya-rd-center-now-second-largest-in-world/
>>
>>3467128
> second
nice comeback
>>
>>3467128
> 700 employees in Israel
lololol ohhh yeah apple truly is an Israeli company!
>>
>>3467127
>MOST research schools are famously in the US
For example Yale University?
We have videos from Yale,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ZVEVufWFI

It's not a very safe space to thrive in if you believe the students.

Here's a reality check for you:
https://youtu.be/b8InU08RoZ8?t=229
China's silicon valley has surpassed America's.

That's why your media is panicking and drumming up anti-asian sentiments.
>>
>>3467131
>>3467129
The point is they are a global company. The products they come up with is thought up by engineers from all over the world.
>>
>>3467132
I think somebody is triggered by ~~brain drain~~

chinese leadership are pretty bad at resource allocation in RnD, they mostly spend their money on manufacturing because it's all they can really think of.
>>
>>3467138
methinks somebody didnt get into an american uni.
>>
>>3467138
Did you see the link?

All the panelists are shitting in their pants because the Chinese high tech parks are surpassing the west.
>>
This thread is awful and only getting worse.
>>
>>3467144
Well, a healthy university culture pretty much is the foundation for your country's high tech industries.

So if your universities are falling apart, then yeah...
>>
>>3467146
lmao universities everywhere have been the site of protests since the Vietnam war, there's nothing unusual about the current state of affairs.
>>
File: 3.01.riot2_.SCHULER.jpg (99 KB, 900x580)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>3467152
I think there is a difference of scale.

Can you points to me a recent Japansese university riot where they burn the streets because they were angry at some conservative speaker?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
File: milo-protest-fire.jpg (89 KB, 1024x576)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
The foundation of American intellectual class.
>>
And people wonder why America is doing down in the shitter.
>>
File: this-is-war-protest.jpg (52 KB, 816x485)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>
>>3467154
>>3467156

no shit sherlock, protesting like this outside of the US gets you shot on the street. Let's try to use our thinking caps! Maybe there's also been a widely documented division among the US population that would entice such violence? hmm.... go back to pol.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2018/12/29/chin-d29.html


>>3467159
> https://www.cbsnews.com/news/finger-pointing-after-milo-yiannopoulos-talk-at-uc-berkeley-scrapped-when-violence-breaks-out-at-peaceful-protest/
> “I do not believe our students were involved in the vandalism and the violent behavior that occurred. This was a group of agitators who were masked up, throwing rocks, commercial grade fireworks and Molotov cocktails at officers,” UC Berkeley Police Chief Margo Bennet told reporters. “Those were not our students. That’s not our students’ behavior.”
>>
>>3467161
>no shit sherlock, protesting like this outside of the US gets you shot on the street.
Not in Japan and South Korea. That kind of sinks your argument.

Your link leads to some Chinese event. That's sounds great to me, the Chinese suppress the violent thugs and protect their quiet intellectuals.
That's a better deal than you have in USA>>3467113 where white students aren't protected at all.

>Those were not our students. That’s not our students’ behavior.”
Sounds like denial to me.

Their students obviously called for backup from their friends. But they were all masked because they didn't want to be expelled.
>>
File: 1387085390750.gif (1.84 MB, 325x244)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB GIF
>>3467161
>https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2018/12/29/chin-d29.html
>a dozen students peacefully chanting holding up placards
>“Give us back our Marxist student society, resist violence on campus,” the students chanted.
Kek, Marxists BTFO.

Looks like the marxists have failed to subvert this generation of Chinese youth.
The marxists succeeded in USA, so obviously China can see their ideology is a bad thing that leads to bad results.
>>
>>3467084
Yes
>>
>>3467162

> Not in Japan and South Korea.
Great! However, in the US, protests at universities are pretty normal.

> Their students obviously called for backup from their friends. But they were all masked because they didn't want to be expelled.
source?
>>
>>3467134
But the majority of the engineers are in America.
>>
File: 1555672878594.png (1.43 MB, 1223x548)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>3467167
>However, in the US, protests at universities are pretty normal.
That's my argument. Your country is being torn apart.
Japan isn't because Japan is a high IQ ethnostate.

>source?
It's standard procedure for your comrade cowards to call for help.
I saw a video a few days ago about some guy randomly interviewing the students, ten minutes later there were +5 protestors calling for him to get out.
>>
>>3467169
So? America needs help from the outside to make cameras, isn't that funny?
>>
>>3467169
Hypothetically speaking, what if they weren't? What if all the engineers were from Japan, and all the buisiness people and HQ were in the US? would this be considered a US company?
>>
>>3467172
well most textile companies are employed in the third world. Perhaps they aren't truly american
>>
>>3467172
>>3467173
Actually you are both are wrong, but on the right track. A US-HQ'd firm that has all of its engineers in Japan or all of its tailors in Thailand would actually be considered more American, because it is the American way to outsource.
>>
>>3467175
>be considered
By you, maybe.

Most people just call them rootless globalists.
>>
>>3467175
By your logic, if the CEO of Canon moves to the US and marries a US citizen, it then becomes the most american company..
>>
>>3467177
you are forgetting about the shareholders
>>
File: !!!.jpg (45 KB, 636x579)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>3467177
>>
>>3467107
why are you responding to /pol/tards?
>>
File: 1491064021848.gif (2.48 MB, 440x440)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB GIF
>>3467180
Japan is intellectually superior.
Japan lets their lower class become postal workers and police officers etc.

Meanwhile America tries to cram in math and science into its lower class's head, but it just goes in through one ear and out through the other ear. And all they do at college is rioting.

Anon, maybe /pol/ was right all along.
>>
>>3467179
this picture looks 100% funnier as a thumbnail
>>
>>3467084
The US had a few companies that mainly tried to compete with the Germans in the rangefinder market, but nobody was going to make SLRs because those were still an outlandish and obscure thing some insane German engineers were trying out which were unreliable and extremely expensive.
Not soon after the Japanese who had gotten their camera industry a good start by copying Zeiss and Leica rangefinders, took the emerging SLRs from European manufacturers, perfected their production process so they wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to the consumer, and soon could run nearly everyone else out of the quickly booming market. Nikon in particular had a very aggressive marketing strategy geared towards the US pro market which sidelined Leica and other traditional rangefinder makers. Meanwhile Europe was flooded with affordable everyman's brands like Minolta and Canon, and the only one who could really compete with them over the middle income consumers was Pentacon.
The US companies, during all this time, had been content with just making cheap box cameras and snapshitters and missed the SLR gravy train. By the time digital hit, they were already lying in their grave.
>>
>>3467218
And this isn't to say the US domestic industry was the only one. A lot of small European makers (such as the French FOCA or the Italian Antonio Gatto) got destroyed by the emergence of the SLRs, because they had only invested in producing rangefinders which quickly became a niche product.
>>
>>3467084
Jews
>>
>>3467182
>Japan lets their lower class become postal workers and police officers etc.
Thats not the case everywhere? Americas cops are some of the most retarded in the world. Every week you hear "cop shoots unarmed black teen" "cop mistakes liquorice stick for assault rifle, kills teen"
>>
>>3467269
>cop shoots unarmed black teen

B&R
>>
>>3467182
>a thread full of hot opinions with causes ranging from lizard people to your mom’s vagina, without a single reliable stat
>reliable stats all coming from ac, firmly opposed to the lizard people theory
>”maybe pol was right all along”
What in retardation.
>>
File: heh.gif (3.76 MB, 640x360)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB GIF
>>3467114
Yeah have a guess where the cameras in Apple's products are manufactured.
>>
>>3467297
Australia since convicts don't have a minimum wage.
>>
>>3467093
While this is a reason, it is not the main reason. The Japanese have a culture that is all about self discipline, self improvement and doing things to the best of their abilities. Failure is also considered incredibly shameful so they strive to never fail.
>>
File: 9gazine-m6-10-480-1.jpg (83 KB, 480x346)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
miss me with dat chink shit

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D3
Camera SoftwareACD Systems Digital Imaging
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern913
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)100 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2014:05:15 11:50:44
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating250
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias-1/3 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length100.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width480
Image Height346
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3467326
Funnily enough Australia has a pretty high minimum wage. Even people working in restaurants as waiters and hosts don't live off tips, they just get payed an actual wage with tips being optional for the customer.

It's a weird feel going out somewhere and not seeing "Tip:" written on the check.

As for the Google cameras, aren't they made in Thailand?
>>
>>3467334
Australia is pretty close to America, maybe I should move there.
>>
>>3467124
lol no, those companies mostly hire from American universities.
>>
>>3467332
>Equipment Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Top kek
>>
>>3467102
>America is falling off because people are studying newer areas of thought

please shut the fuck up, /pol/tard. nobody cares that a Gender Studies major rejected you. we don't want to partake in your crusade.

>>3467170
>America is being torn apart

What's going on today makes the 1960s look like Sesame Street, keep posting from Shanghai and practicing your English, one day you'll make it stateside.
>>
>>3467569
don't respond to poltards
>>
>>3467326
>>3467334
>>3467336
Australia also has blackmagic design, one of the bigger camera companies
>>
It's easy. Germany started it with high quality cameras when the US was still a shit tier world nation. Germany and Japan always had great partnership. Beer, bread, cars and also cameras. Japan adapted the German camera technologies and built their own brands.
>>
think it's also that the other brands are already established and already build brand confidence.
Why bother going with a new brand that uses different lenses when there are already established brands with an assload of lenses on the market?
>>
>>3467269
>Thats not the case everywhere?
No. In denmark for example, our government told every student to do university degree, the target was 95% of population to have PhD.

This was easy enough, everybody wanted to follow their friends into highscool and college, nobody wanted to be seen as the loser who picked up a craftmanship skill.

That was the theory.
In reality we just shipped all the retards along with the smart ones into university and it became a daycare center with continuously lowered standards.
And continuous record rates of drop-outs.

Meanwhile many of the craftmanship schools suffered greatly during the past decade.
>>
File: 1553639541249.jpg (107 KB, 740x668)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>3467626
>>3467569
I don't understand you guys, Do you think /pol/ some sort of Japanese Supremacy board?
And Chinese supremacy board?

I think you two suffer from the boogeyman syndrome.
>>
>>3467932
>>>/pol/
>>
>>3467828
Also West Germany and Japan were booming after the wars due to vigorous reconstruction period where businesses were given a very wide berth to expand as much as possible while the destroyed infrastructure was built from scratch to brand new. Meanwhile the victors, especially the UK were suffering a severe war economy hangover and trying to make a reality out of impossibility (the USSR and its unfortunate satellites). Brits were far worse off than West Germans for decades after the WWII. Japanese went all in for industrial production planning from A to Z, combining both high production efficiency with enforced but not overdone quality control, therefore beating nearly everyone else out of the market.
>>
>>3467958
The Japanese also had a national scale strategy on specifically building cameras, solidified in the formation of the JCII to ensure the quality of their products while their high industrial efficiency made sure the products were also affordable in the West. The US meanwhile focused on some other fields where its industries excelled such as automobile production and the emerging computer business - America was and is one of the giants in these particular fields, while cameras and optical equipment manufacturing received much less interest there. Kodak did have a great chance to enter the playing field during the shift to digital, but they royally screwed up their chances and there were no other US-based companies that had the muscle to try the same.

It says something about the Japanese dominance in the SLR market that once Leica wanted some side cash (since rangefinders were quickly becoming a niche) out of that, they needed to strike a deal with Minolta to get started.
>>
>>3467962
Another factor is investor preference. Japanese investors are happier to invest in companies that have long term plans that might not pay off for decades whereas American investors want it by the end of the quarter.
>>
Precision instruments are often made in Japan or Germany. Nikon were the cheap knockoffs of Leica. And Canon was the innovator with autofocus. Japan also has a good electronics infrastructure due to Sony, and still can manufacture today.

America once had Kodak and even Corning Glass nearby to produce the optics. I'd imagine American made cameras would cost twice as much as Japanese cameras. It'd be a middle ground between German and Japanese products. The problem I suppose is that Kodak and Polaroid died in the process in moving from chemical-film to digital cameras.
>>
>>3467167
>source?
Here is an example: https://youtu.be/iI_wJWYKTWM?t=410
6 minutes of asking around and interviewing, and the security council is called upon to prote st the guy.

American students are not intellectual, they can't engage in fair dialogue, they resort to ganging up like a mob.
>>
>>3467986
To add onto this, technological disparity between countries is greater than one might assume. I don't think China has even matched Japanese/US steel, for example. They do finally have silicon fabs though.
>>
>>3469794
>They do finally have silicon fabs though.
You could argue they own Taiwan. Then argue they have superior semiconductor foundries than anybody else.
>>
>>3469795
sure
>>
>>3467084

Why is Japan's flag a circle? Why are their pro viewfinders circles?

Compensating for something?
>>
>>3469799
It's an amputated sun. It used to look like this.
>>
File: 34637547568578.jpg (19 KB, 600x453)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>3469800
>>
>>3467293
>reliable stats
It was deceptive stats though.

Entire humanities departments have been compromised by your marxist friends.
>>
>>3467093
Uh, what? The whole gender bullshit thing started around the 1990s with third wave feminism, while photographic companies started coming up around the 1910s. Kodak is even older, starting up in the late 1800s.
How the fuck is your post relevant at all? Fuck off back to Tumblr.
>>
>>3469807
The students in the 90's are the backbone of your industries today.
And we know for a fact they are far more concerned about outrage culture than camera technology.
>>
>>3469809
>japanese corporations start out in 1910
>kodak starts out in 1890
>literally fucking nothing pops up in america since kodak
>and that's somehow the fault of the 1990 students who weren't alive in 1890-1970
Sure, let's blame 80 years of fucking nothing on the college students of the 90s who are now around 40-50 years old and have probably nothing to do with the gender bullshit we have nowadays. It's their fault for not going back in time and making shitloads of lenses like Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Pentax, Minolta, Leica and Zeiss did. Are you by any chance a dumb fucking nigger?
>>
>>3469812
>japanese corporations start out in 1910
That doesn't matter. They all had to restart during the digital age.
China started from scratch like 2 years ago.
What is your excuse?

I offered you the possibility that your outrage culture communists simply weren't interested.

But perhaps you prefer the explanation of America simply being too low intellect, and too low IQ?
>>
>>3469813
>lenses had to restart during the digital age
Just shut the fuck up already, you don't know what you're talking about, you've never used a modern lens on a film camera or a vintage lens on a digital mirrorless. You've never taken a fucking picture and all you do is post on gearfag threads.
>China started from scratch like 2 years ago.
You're giving them too much credit. China just steals/buys blueprints.
>But perhaps you prefer the explanation of America simply being too low intellect, and too low IQ?
Fuck if I know why we don't have any actual camera companies, but it sure as hell isn't your braindead drivel about muh basic and redflagged kekistani gamer oppression.
>>
>>3469816
>lenses didn't have to restart during the digital age
Sony restarted a completely new lens mountin 2011, what's your excuse?

>China just steals
Nice racism you have going there.

>Fuck if I know why we don't have any actual camera companies
That's it, you don't know anything, because all of the possible options are options you're not comfortable with.
The idea that America's average IQ will in fact sink and decrease over time relative to the Asian ethnostates.
The idea that your students are too lazy to give a fuck.
>>
>>3469799
eyes are circles
lenses are circles
>>
>>3469816
don't respond to pol
>>
>>3469822
Pol the Asian supremacists?
>>
>>3467098
why are trips tolerated on this board? I still don't understand
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>3469816
Can yo explain who Laowa stole this design from?
>>
>>3469819
Powerful
>>
File: Samyan.png (202 KB, 700x537)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
>>3467242
Really?
Are the keeping down the white man?
Are they stopping you from designing lenses for EF-mount, E-mount, etc.?

I mean... Even Russia is designing new F0,95 optics today.
>>
>>3469828
Unlike your brain.
>>
File: 1333278200751.jpg (111 KB, 320x480)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
Maybe it's a racial thing.

White people prefer to be the artists, creating the photos.
Asian people prefer to be the engineers, creating the equipment.

Just a suspicion.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwarePaint.NET v3.22
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
>>
>>3467084
>america
>in charge of affordable high skilled precision manufacturing.
>>
>>3469834
>America
>White
Leave art to the Europeans
>>
Japs have the reputation of being highly skilled code monkeys. American's would rather invest in exotic Eastern tech than their home brands, especially when Canon, Nikon and Olympus were the leading edge in innovation. Heck, name one good Kodak SLR from the 60s-70s
>>
>>3467084
The US hasn't been on top of the camera game since at least the 30s.

What's a much more interesting question is why Germany isn't dominating the camera industry anymore.
>>
>>3467098
Fuck off you retard, it all started in the late sixties, feminism, black rights, women rights, abortion, drugs, all of it permeanated higher american university, stem started to lose relevance quickly, then companies started outsourcing, with finiancial boost asian universities(japan mainly back then) and companies due to being closer geopgraphically to china and not being intelectually and culturally retarded found themselves in unique situation and took advantage of it, while the west continued and to this day continue to decline. Today there are still companies in usa that design and make high tech products but they arent very common.
>>
>>3469958
Many countries in europe (western europe) are becoming mixed/non whire very fast, dont forget the leftist marxists goverments. I hear even the mighty german r&d is struggling and loosing ground to asia in pretty much every technology sector
>>
>>3467098
>Secondly, this all stems from the days when America was still thoroughly, openly, and cheerfully oppressing blacks, women, and minorities.
The 19th amendment was a mistake.
>>
>>3469984
Dude apart from some brief attempts in the 40s (look up the Kodak Extra) America was never at the forefront of camera engineering. For building stuff like this you need lots of dedicated engineering know-how developed in companies. The 60s upheavals at universities aren’t really a factor here.
>>
>>3467932
Based Satania Poster
>>
>>3469990
Its much worse that, what is america good at these days tech wise? Even the technological breakthroughs made in american universities are hardly ever used/utilised in usa and american companies. It all goes to asia. Ofcourse few companies/executives get their cut (apple) and even they are losing market share and only have their name brand keeping the afloat while china/korea/japan continues to innovate
>>
>>3469831
>Are the keeping down the white man?
Yes, by outsourcing production and soiling the economy, they are.
>>
>>3469959
>name one good Kodak SLR from the 60s-70s
I wouldn't mind having an Instamatic Reflex if the film was still made.
>>
>>3469993
>what is america good at these days tech wise?
Armament and tooling
>>
>>3469959
Even Kodaks 50s leaf shutter slrs like the Retina Reflex are made in Germany.
>>
>lets get into a dying industry with shit all sales

>Canon Imaging: 23% decline in camera sales, 81% drop in operating profit
>foreshadowed by Canon CEO Fujio Mitarai’s now infamous prognostication that the camera market could shrink by half in two years, the company reiterated that the decline will be ongoing and is due to smartphones.
>>
>>3470021
indeed. proof that all students in america major in gender studies
>>
File: 1519597781473.jpg (2.03 MB, 4000x5000)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
>>3470021
>>3470166
Voigtlander, Samyang, Tamron, Sigma, Tokina, Laowa, Meike, Kamlan, etc. are all preparing new generations of Mirrorless optics.

But USA is above all of that apparently. It's beneath you, or some shit like that.
It's a job for peasants, am I right?
>>
>>3470173
Canon can really only sell you 1 camera every x years for the average consumer

Lens makers can sell you 1-8 lens in that same time if you want
>>
>>3470264
It's weird USA doesn't have any lens maker, eh?

China can do it.
Korea can do it.
Japan can do it.
Germany can do it.
>>
>>3470173
nah, its because of the abortions in the US
>>
>>3467098
It's a shame though because Kodak DID produce a lot of really incredible equipment back in the day. Check out the Kodak Medalist line if you haven't yet. 6x9 rangefinder with what is one of the sharpest and best lenses to come out of the mid-20th century. I use a Kodak Ektar 135mm 4.7 for a lot of large format work too and it easily rivals any Schneider lenses I've used. Kodak just dropped the ball in the middle of the century and gradually kept promoting more and more to parents taking vacation and birthday photos.
>>
>>3467218
basically there wasn't enough money in it or the US would have dominated the tedium of high overhead low return of precision manufacturing slr's.

instead they were content to make the film. and now in the era of digital, where everything relies on software- all the juggernaut software companies are American
>>
>>3467093
But that's a lie. USA is the country with the highest research and development expenditure, followed closely by China.
Leave your /pol/ tales at /pol/, please. Don't be an embarrassment
>>
>>3472294
It didn't say all of your students.

Just a massive chunk of them.
Enough so they set their city on fire everytime there is some controversy they don't like.
>>
>>3469834
Asians do love cameras
>>
>>3467102
All of Kodak's best known, highest quality designs were actually manufactured in Germany. Kodak was also partly British.
>>
>>3467084
what are you smoking?
there is red, the goyim loves it.
and sony is an american company.
>>
>>3473344
Sony Imaging and Sony Semiconductors are Japanese.
>>
>>3467084
>Why isn't America at the forefront of photographic technology?
Too busy doing meth
>>
>>3476094
meth? That's like five years ago. We fentynol now.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.