[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 39 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: FB_IMG_1555089892588.jpg (104 KB, 1125x1406)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
How does he fucking do it? Any idea on whats the trick to make it look like a painting? Other than the lighting setup it seems its something regarding color grading
>>
File: FB_IMG_1555089887516.jpg (93 KB, 1125x1406)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>
>>3463417
i would tell you if i knew who you're talking about
>>
>>3463420
The togfather
>>
>>3463417
Is that more time in photoshop or lightroom? It cant just be a preset.
>>
>>3463417
Regarding post processing, on camera raw:
>Split tone color grading
Dark blue for the shadows, light yellow for the highlights
> Decreased clarity
Just move it < instead of > like usual
> Open shadows, dull highlights
Increase ">" highlights slider, but decrease "<" white point
Increase ">" shadows sliders and also increase black point ">"

On studio:
> One very large diffuse reflector to the right, bout 45º
> Perfectly bodied model
Probably the hardest trick to pull off
> Satin lingerie
Or other luscious reflecting fabric
> Painterly background
>>
>>3463417
>Russian photoshop skillz.
>>
Diffusion filter maybe. A Tiffen black satin gives bloom to highlights and opens up shadows. A high enough strength filter might give something very close to this out of the camera.
>>
>>3463417
>noise reduction to 100
>>
>>3463417
Ask the photographer. Some are really open about their processes.
>>
>>3463430
>>3463493
>>3463512
LITERALLY WRONG

its russian shit. they use different process than the western fags.
>>
>>3463586
They post process on vodka iirc.
>>
>>3463417
Looks like Dubnitskiy. I fucking love his style, so creamy.
>>
>>3463417
why do you, motherfucking cunt, keep posting russian shitty pics and asking how they do it? what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>3463608
Jokes on him, the guy is a Brit.
>>
>>3463594
he's a cheap copy of dubnitsky
>>
>>3463608
ussr sympathy, what else?
these are just communist dog whistles
they're rising once again
>>
File: Mmmm sniff sniff.jpg (254 KB, 1500x1279)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>3463417
DAT ASS
>>
>>3463417
look up 'lens netting'.
it's actually pretty hard to pull off, flare becomes a serious issue if you cant flag out your light source
>>
>>3463417
BRRRAAAAPP
>>
File: Brian sniffin Griffin.gif (1.26 MB, 320x240)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB GIF
>>3463417
>>
>>3463625
Who actually is it? Tineye didn't give me shit.
>>
>>3463594
I want to love his style but every fucking picture is hot grill with pointy nips and big fluffers
>>
>>3463750
I get why the exact same thing every time could get boring.
Half naked girl stands in a kitchen
Half naked girl stands in a forest
Half naked girl rides a bike in a forest
>>
>>3463417
>>3463418
Nice picture but it's kinda trashy.
>>
>>3463417
>>3463418
she is a big girl
>>
>>3463822
>>
>>3463829
U
>>
>>3463417
maybe the orton effect? I don't shoot portraits but it looks similar to a commonly used effect in landscapes.
>>
You can't just acquire a look like this. It's cultivated over a career.
The main thing I see is that the lighting and position of the model has been keenly paid attention to to lay across muscular sources of shadow. A large diameter (semi diffused) source has been used 2 metres away. It is also warmer nearer the middle (although this may just be masking in post or even another source).
There is a lot of different layers at hand that aren't easy to deconstruct and - at points on the edge of ruining the shot (the posterising on the wings).
You just need to slowly work towards this with many layers, targeting different areas with different blend modes, masking and opacity. A custom gradient map in colour mode may prove to be very helpful starting point.
I can't tell from the shitty quality, but there looks like there could be a lot of aberration; pointing towards the use of a very old, yellowed and soft lens (think 50s or older perhaps) or purposeful diffraction on a new lens
>>
>>3464902
LoL
>>
The background painting has same lighting or at least not visibility incompatible
>>
>>3463822
Your dick is tiny
>>
>>3463417
its becuase she's standing infront of a painting, with a blur filter, 1 deep hexagon and a warm filter.

also this photo in particular is low resolution, so its just hard to resolve 'real world' details with your eyes
>>
>>3463829
>>3463836
>>3464951
sorry i don't like whales
>>
>>3463768
grow up
>>
>>3463430
> One very large diffuse reflector to the right, bout 45º
It looks more like a far away almost hard light.
Could be the sun, an HMI, or a big fresnel
>>
>>3463417
I will say that the light source could be the sun (direct), it's almost parallel to the camera and like 30° up.
The soft focus could be a clear filter smeared with vaseline or light sprayed with hairspray.
Alfter that, color grading offcourse.
The rest is lingerie and poses
>>
>>3463417
>>3463418
who's the artist
>>
Not one of you guys is even close in how this is done.
>>
>>3466002
Do you know? seriously, I have real interest in doing this. If I get drunk on vodka, will it help me?

but seriously tho, if you have anything related to this kind of editing, many of us would enjoy a lot
>>
>>3466020
I can tell you I did some testing and followed >>3463430 in regards to the colour grading and actually got a pretty comparable colour, but I could really only test the grading, I don't have diffusion to throw on my lights or a model to show a lot of skin to test the rest of the advice.
>>
>>3463417
Let's break it down as far as I can tell:
We want to make everything so that people think of old oil paintings (Rubens, John Singer Sargent, Michelangelo, etc.)

Lighting:
directional but soft
likely it's a softbox with a grid that's not too close to the model
strong shadows that define forms are super imprtant here, check out Rubens paintings if you want examples

Background:
He actually uses a painting here but you could use a classical painted/textured muslin here

Subject:
here he uses props and hair/makeup that fits the theme and even the background
think greek and roman myths, gods and such
He creates an association to paintings instantly with that.
For simpler portraits you could use old timey clothes and hairstyle and makeup that's inspired by classical paintings. Props like jewlery must fit the theme too!

Photo gear and exposure:
pretty much evertything must be in focus, paintings from that time didn't have background blur!
Lens must get you sharp details (at least in the centre) but musn't have high contrast. For example old single coated lenses and old russian lenses, more character is better so keep the aperture open if you can. There are soft focus filters that can help with the effect but your milage may vary.
Shutter speed is not important because flash.
ISO is not very imprtant because it's not about pixel peeping.

Color grading:
I can't help you with that but you should propably research paintings you like and match those. The way the color of those old oil paintings aged is not obvious on first look but important because of the associations!
>>
>>3467853
Based anon.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.