[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 11 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: challenged5.jpg (505 KB, 1000x1000)
505 KB
505 KB JPG
Lacking motivation to go out and shoot? Want to take photos but don’t know of what? Looking for ways to get better at your craft? Here’s the thread for you!

THIS MONTH’S ASSIGNMENTS - HOME TURF EDITION
>1) Portrait of a person from your hometown. Bonus points if you didn't know them before taking the shot.
>2) Go to instagram and see what's the most photographed landmark near you. Shoot the same thing in an unusual way.
>3) “Home”
>4) Repeating elements. Bonus point if they're not in a straight line.

HOW DOES IT WORK
>4 assignments changing every month (LISTED ABOVE) but categorized in 4 recurring themes
>You can try them in any order you like
>Recurring themes are 1) human subject 2) environment 3) abstract concept 4) compositional element
>1) Posed or candid portraits, or taking pictures with humans being a prominent element, like street photography
>2) Landscapes. If you live in a city urbanscapes are acceptable too, but try to get out of town
>3) Something vague and open to interpretation
>4) Having a certain shape, like triangle or circle, or a compositional element, like repetition, diagonal, thirds. The rest is up to you
>You can post more than 1 photo for each assignment but do try to cover every theme per month
>Try to take new photos instead of posting from your archive
>Have fun!

Deadline is on the 15th of every month, but of course you can post results as soon as you have them and get friendly feedback from lovely anons.

DO IT FAGGOTS!!!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2019 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution118 dpcm
Vertical Resolution118 dpcm
Image Created2019:03:15 14:08:52
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height1000
>>
Almost forgot: don't take a picture of your own home for 3), be smart and don't doxx yourselves
>>
Silly question here from someone taking part in the challenge for the 1st time.
How do I find out what the most photographed landmark near me is on Instagram?
>>
>>3449176
Just type #nameofyourcity and see what comes up the most
>>
Debating whether to take a picture in the town I live in, the town I grew up in (~45 minute drive), or the town where I was born (952 miles away) for #1
>>
>>3449188
Ok, did this. Thot's and Dogs. One shot of a nice new bridge, and lots of terrible shots of the river.
I think this plays to my advantage.
>>
>>3449145
>Someone from hometown
I may need to fudge this slightly, I'm on the other side of the planet from my hometown and dont even know anybody from my continent never mind my country or town.
>>
>>3449190
The town you call home.
>>3449197
Same. If you just moved, simply go out of home and take a picture of the first stranger with an interesting face you find. You can talk to them or you can not, depending on how you feel about it.
>>
>>3449192
Otherwise just look on google images, or think of what you would take a picture of if you were a tourist. It shouldn’t be too hard to figure out. Recognizable landmark, like Tour Eiffel for Paris or Statue of Liberty for New York. If you live in a small town it’s probably gonna be city hall or a square with the statue of some dude with a raccoon tail hat.
>>
>>3449145
I've been saying I was going to do this for months, but winter is oppressive and I could hardly get out of the house. This is the month.
>>
File: 2019-03-17-0004.jpg (934 KB, 3775x2586)
934 KB
934 KB JPG
Portrait of a girl that I've been going to church with for years but never really talked to. For assignment #1.

Equipment MakeNikon
Camera ModelLS-1000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.6 (Macintosh)
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2019:03:17 00:25:28
>>
>>3450054
Game is on!
>>
File: WillRogersFog.jpg (256 KB, 1920x1079)
256 KB
256 KB JPG

The statue of this guy could be called a landmark in Lubbock, at least in Texas Tech, managed to catch it in fog which is quite rare
>>
>>3450054
>>3450259
Remember that photos should be taken on purpose, only pick from your archives if you want to bump
>>
>>3450271
yeah I took mine last night. I wait for the 15th and immediately get to work, I shoot a lot.
>>
>>3450274
Alright, my bad. I could swear I already saw that photo somewhere and someone telling you to crop the stop sign. Good one, Tex.
>>
>>3450271
>>3450280
you remember right about the stop sign, I took this photo 5 days ago but I have posted in in recent photo thread before I posted it here
>>
>>3450280
I took the portrait last night at a restaurant, not the Texas one.
>>
>>3449145
>2) Go to instagram and see what's the most photographed landmark near you. Shoot the same thing in an unusual way.
Tfw you made a whole /p/ thread relatively recently taking exactly the sort of picture described and now you have to go find a *new* unique way to shoot your city’s most-photographed object.
>>
>>3450344
Lol. Don’t you have some statue of Davy Crockett lying around in St.Louis? Go for the second most photographed thing
>>
>>3450385
Eh. I already went down to the Arch and shot some more.

Equipment MakeLeica Camera AG
Camera ModelM9 Digital Camera
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 8.2 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Image Created2019:03:17 19:13:13
Exposure Time1/1000 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image ID000000000000000000000000000030C4
>>
>>3450404
Repeating elements. They're in a straight line, though, so I might take a mulligan on this one later.
>>
>>3450405
"Home".

Works for the theme on two levels. On one level, because I'm most at home behind the viewfinder when cool shit's happening--this was at a party where I spent a lot of the party being medium antisocial, only coming out to occasionally take pictures and eat snacks. I find that hiding behind a viewfinder helps me a lot to be able to interact with people.

And, since the party was at my house and thrown by my girlfriend, there's the second level that the house in the background there is my actual home. Hopefully "He lives in a brick building in St. Louis" isn't enough info for someone to dox me.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7M2
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 8.2 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Image Created2019:03:17 19:20:56
Exposure Time1/250 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Brightness-3.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.