[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 28 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: sonybot.jpg (36 KB, 388x369)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/one-of-the-most-epic-fake-rumors-i-received-in-these-years-e-mount-is-dead/

>first, when i said E its dead, i dont meant sony will came out and give an statement saying they are discounting E, sony will never do that, just like nikon never said they discountinued nikon 1, they will keep releasing E bodies, but with big time laps between them, every 2 or 3 years, just like A, there will be nothing new or revolutionary, let me xplain

This looked like a fake news when it was released in July, but it all adds up. They have not released or announced a single lens in years now. APSC lineup appears to be dead, last lenses for it were released three years ago, and only new body that they released recently is crippled a6500. I'm getting worried they may bow before Canon, Fujifilm and Panasonic, and then we'll again start seeing inflated prices.
>>
>>3445805
They just outsourced the roadmap to sigma.
>>
>>3445805
What lenses do you want them to release? The line-up they have is pretty much complete.

Sony has
>general zoom: 10-18, 16-70, 18-105, 18-135, 18-200, 16-50
>primes: 16, 20, 24, 35, 50
>telephoto: 55-210

Zeiss has
>12, 32, 50mm

Sigma has
>16, 19, 30, 56, 60

Rokinon goes even wider and there's far more options
>>
>>3445813
Apsc still needs fast primes. Fast constant aperture zooms, longer range lenses. And, yeah, it's not getting anything.

And they really should update some of their lenses. Other manufacturers are quietly updating them with v2, v3 versions. Sony's 16mm pancake, for example, it's huge embarrassment. It must the worst prime on any system. And they're still selling them! I'd ether update it or cancel it.
>>
>>3445805
The ILC market is collapsing. Everyone except Fuji is pushing FF sensors and glass because the profit margins are higher and that's important going into a shrinking market.

Sony APS-C in particular gets its ass handed to it in sales by EOS M. I'm not saying EOS M is better, I'm saying Sony is losing in sales to EOS M. That's because what's left of the APS-C market is dominated by casual photographers who want something a little better than their cell phones.

I wouldn't expect major advances in APS-C from anyone but Fuji. Canon, Nikon, Sony, and now Panasonic all want you to buy FF.
>>
https://www.google.co.nz/search?client=opera&hs=Fln&biw=994&bih=460&tbm=nws&ei=lQuDXNDbM4vkvgTNsaG4Bg&q=e+mount+lens&oq=e+mount+lens&gs_l=psy-ab.3...17163.18421.0.19000.2.2.0.0.0.0.157.303.0j2.2.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.mTyIvQiy7Xc
>>
>>3445830
>Apsc still needs fast primes.
Then buy full frame.
No one buys crop expecting to pay close to $1000 for lenses so they don't make them.
>>
>>3445865
fuji people do
>>
>>3445865
Everyone makes quality primes for their crop mirrorless bodies. Fuji, Panasonic, Canon, Olympus, Pentax. Sony? Nah, fuck you sucker!
>>
>>3445850
I can't tell if this is a meme or not. Sony just introduced a camera that you can get for less than $1k with a lens, that can do 4k, HDR, unlimited recording time, eye af, eye af for animals, and a flippy screen so you can see yourself. What more are you asking for? And what more does fuji offer?
>>
Meanwhile record profits from Soony Imaging ensures butthurt from OP for years to come.

Keep attack them, they just get stronger, your tactic is working OP.
>>
>>3445890
>What more are you asking for?
People are asking for lenses.
>>
>>3445922
And which lenses? Not a single person in this thread has named a single lens they want that sony doesn't offer themselves
>>
>>3445830
They updated the 16mm pancake with the 20mm pancake considering it's almost identical and all the accessories for the 16mm work on the 20mm.
>>
>>3445923
Fast, compact primes. Can't you read? Sony continues to focus on zoom lenses and occasionally throws out an f1.8 prime here and there when all people really want is more fast prime offerings. That's why the Sigma lenses are so popular. Shame that they're absolutely gigantic and not practical at all for what primes are intended to do, which is be compact and lightweight.

The Fuji f2 trinity is exactly what people want from Sony, compact primes at traditional focal lengths except faster if possible.
>>
>>3445945
>when all people really want is more fast prime offerings

They currently offer 50 1.8, 35 1.8, 20 2.8, 16 2.8, 24 1.8. Accounting for crop factor, that covers a range from approximately 24mm-80mm. So yeah, that's not a massive amount of lenses, but to be honest, I don't think that there's a huge market of people "that really want more fast prime offerings for an entry-level camera. At least not outside of those offerings. the 50mm, 30mm, and 16 cover pretty damn well. With that being said though, of course it wouldn't hurt to have more lenses, I just buy FF lenses though.
>>
I wish my Sony Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 35mm F/2.8 ZA lens were 24mm
>>
>>3445878
>Canon
>Quality ef-s primes
You mean two f2,8 lenses?
>>
>>3445890
>4k, HDR, unlimited recording time, eye af, eye af for animals, and a flippy screen
All irrelevant
>>
>>3445850
>sony is getting its ass handed to them by eos m

Lol, no

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Mirrorless-Cameras/zgbs/electronics/3109924011

Why don't you try a cursory google search before embarassing yourself.

>>3445867
Fuji don't have a camera in the top 23 best selling mirrorless on amazon.

They're so irrelevant it's kinda funny.

>>3446036
Then get the new samyang 24mm 2.8, it has an almost identical form and iq but costs 1/3 of a zeiss. I love my 35mm.

>>3446040
What is relevant then? Class leading low light performance? Fastest and most accurate af on the market? Best colour science both objectively AND subjectively?

Or is it just Non customisable dials put in positions that favour quirky retro aesthetic over ergonomics that you want?

>>3445945
>fast compact primes.

You say f2 is a fast prime, that's f2.8 in full frame terms, their full frame 28 f2, 35 2.8, 50 1.8, 85 1.8 are all very compact, samyang have been bringing out ultra compact f2.8 lenses too.

Full frame doesn't have the same inate problems as crop with resolution and low light performance, it makes no sense to force gimped gear on their consumers when they are lining up to announce a $900 full frame body.
>>
>>3446040
Not for me. I'm a professional videographer, and some of those features are fucking amazing. The unlimited recording time essentially destroys a big chunk of the market for pro camcorders. My boss has one that he bought for like $5-6k for the simple reason that it could record high quality video for unlimited time. This $1k camera has even better IQ and will match the rest of our sony cameras.
>>
>>3446050
I've looked at that Samyang 24mm but it has horrible vignetting to be used anything else than portraits, but no one takes portraits with that wide lens.
>>
>>3446050
>amazon as a camera sales statistic
>>
>>3446127

>using the largest retailer in the history of mankind as a sales statistic.

What exactly is your objection here? Makes fucking sense to me
>>
>>3446135
>What exactly is your objection here? Makes fucking sense to me
I mean you can do it if you want to win a shitty argument on 4chan, it just doesn't reflect reality.

Asia is full of people with cameras like the EOS M, they are hits over there, you barely see Sony cameras, and they obviously don't buy them on amazon.

Maybe you should think outside of the US, Amazon may be the largest there, but not in Asia, and when it comes to cameras, nto in europe either.
>>
I really don't think any serious photographer buys off amazon. They just aren't a good service. Extended warranties are nearly trice as expensive as what you get in stores. And they simply don't have a repair service. They'll just look at your ware and if it's broken refund you money. And you'll loose a hundred bucks in taxes...
>>
>>3446140

It's the largest retailer on all of planet earth. Ever. In the history of human kind.

It may be based in the US but that doesn't change the fact that it's still the literal largest, anywhere.
>>
>>3446135
>What exactly is your objection here? Makes fucking sense to me
I'm not the guy you're responding to, but here are a few:
1. While Amazon is certainly the largest single retailer in the world, that doesn't mean it's the only one. A lot of people--especially beginners--will go to a physical store to buy a camera. If Canon is selling more M50s in Wal Mart and Target and Best Buy because they sell better in physical stores where you can pick up and look at and try out the camera, they could still have higher overall sales while being lower in Amazon's best sellers.
2. Amazon's sales rankings are generated hourly. Sometimes you'll load that page and the M5 is in the top spot. It's possible that the real argument you're making is that the A6000 sells better at times of day when you're on 4chan arguing.
3. Amazon's algorithm is somewhat opaque. I.e., it currently lists the $2000 A7III as the #1 seller, and I would be utterly shocked if they actually sell more A7IIIs than they do a6000s.
4. Amazon's sales rankings are also based on SKU, not the base product. There are a shit-ton of different sellers selling a shit-ton of different bundles of those cameras.

E.g., imagine that in a particular hour, these sales happen:
* 5 sales of the barebones a6000 with no lens
* 4 sales of the a6000 with kit lens
* 3 sale of the barebones black m50
* 2 m50 (black) with kit lens
* 1 m50 (black) with two-lens kit
* 2 m50 (white)
* 1 m50 (white) with kit lens
* 1 m50 (white) with two-lens kit
* 1 m50 (white) with a whole big bundle with camera bag, memory card, etc
* 1 m50 (black) with a different big camera bag/filter/card bundle
* 1 m50 bundle identical to the above but from a different seller
* 1 m50 (white) bundle with a tripod, single lens,

then Amazon could be selling more m50s but list the a6000 higher as a best seller.
>>
>>3446151
You realize how fucking stupid you sound right?
Just because it is the single largest retailer doesn't mean it moves the most cameras, and the existence of many smaller retailers in different markets and regions that move different types of cameras add up and means you cant just look at Amazon.

Pls tell me about how large and amazing amazon is, brainlet.
>>
>>3445813
>no native 1.4 primes
>no 2.8 zooms
wooooow so much for a complete lineup
>>
>>3445805
That makes sense given that Sony managed to bring down the price of bottom-level FF bodies to like $1k, and supporting a whole system just for a couple cheapo bodies is a waste.

>they may bow before Canon, Fujifilm and Panasonic
EF-M looks pretty dead too. Still, I think there are enough crop systems left for competition to exist, and prices can't inflate much due to pressure from FF.
>>
File: 1316480982048.jpg (61 KB, 630x584)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>3446225
Sigma has three F1,4 primes that are cucked to APS-C image circle.
That still doesn't make you happy.

If anything you will probably get pissed when you find out they are not available on EF-m and X-mount.
>>
>>3446140
>Asia is full of people with EOS M style cameras you barely see sony cameras

Why must you lie anon, for every 3 canon mirrorless, there's 2 and a bit sonys according to januarys BCN sales report.

https://photorumors.com/2019/01/15/the-2019-bcn-ranking-japanese-market-share-report-is-out/

Anti Sonyggers hitting new lows of desperation.

The west is not only a larger market (of people that can actually afford a camera) but sony also seriously outpaces everyone else in this category, with multiple skus for the same body above other manufacturers top entries.

And yes, definitely in Europe too, all I ever see is sonys and schoolgirls with rabals.

>>3446145
Amazon do same day delivery and all warranty issues are covered by our consumer rights in europe. Get cucked, cuckos. And yep, you're right, if it breaks in the first couple of years, Amazon either give you a full refund or send the same item again, when it happened with a fairly large £500 electrical item that needed a £30 fix, they just gave me a full refund. Amazon are amazing, they're too big to care about not just paying the full price.

>>3446160
>BUT CANON COULD HAVE MORE SKUS

Sony have 27 in the top 50, over half... Canon have 9. If your theory holds true and they sold the same actual amount then canon should take all the top spots with only having 1/3 the number of skus.

>BUT OTHER STORES

Ok, show any sort of statistic that implies otherwise to what we see here. absence of evidence is not evidence of absence and the burden of proof is on you, I've proved my reasons.

>IT COULD CHANGE HOURLY

Ok, show me a time when Sony weren't clearly on top. Yes, when new bodies are launched they hit the top of best sellers temporarily, this has happened with literally every major release ever. What's alarming is the canon eos r and nikon z series were released much more recently than the a7iii, yet look who's on top.

>I DONT BELIEVE THEM

Wow, that is a compelling argument.

dingusbrain.
>>
>>3446249
>japanese market report represents all of asia
you are just as retarded as the guy claiming amazon top sales are an accurate representation of worldwide sales.
>>
>>3446265
>eugh, American sales and Asian sales aren't enough, i have zero proof of Sony not doing well but that's what I believe.

Can i introduce you to my friends at the flat earth society, y'all get along great.
>>
>>3446234
I don't want SIGMA to make them, I want SONY to make them, because I hate SONY.

Ahhhh, sonygger logic.
>>
>>3446272
Thats a pretty ironic statement considering what you are doing is literally the equivalent of a flat-earther saying "the earth looks flat to me, therefore it must be flat."
Also, nice reddit spacing faggot.
>>
>>3446284
>you're doing just the same.

No, flat earthers look at the science and reject it in favvour of their head canon.

The science of camera sales all shows Sony to be doing really rather well, you're more than welcome to perform your own study, but of those available, none agree with you.

And imagine trying to justify your argument by implying the other person uses the 4th most popular website in the world. Mega oof friendo.
>>
>>3446305
>Moving the goalposts this hard
I'm not disputing that Sony is doing well.
Why are you lashing out so hard? No need to get emotional. It's just camera brands.
>>
>>3446151
>>3446162
Amazon to me is the Wal-Mart of the internet. They might offer so many things, even things I want, but that doesn't mean I'd necessarily go there (unless it's for used lenses which I've done before). Especially not now that they charge everyone sales tax and unlike B&H they don't offer free 2-day shipping for orders over $50 which is basically any camera equipment.
>>
>>3446305

Flat earthers misconstrue the results of observation.

You are doing the same by overfitting your data.
>>
>>3445805
Is it really 3 years since last Sony apsc lens? Maybe they're just realised they're bad at making lenses, and threw in a towel.
>>
Why would you ever want a camera with an electronic viewfinder anyway? So retro, ew.
>>
>>3446368
It's what the youngsters want these days.
>>
>>3446345
>I buy from the goyim because I don't want to pay sales tax

Jesus fucking christ americans are retarded.
>>
>>3446361
>overfitting my data

>Implying the best selling cameras aren't the most popular selling items

wew friendo.
>>
>>3445805
for fucks sake will you shut up and leave
>>
>>3446050
>>>3445850
>>sony is getting its ass handed to them by eos m
>Lol, no
>muh amazon best sellarz!!!
Yes: https://petapixel.com/2019/01/15/canon-1-in-both-dslr-and-mirrorless-sales-in-japan-in-2018/

This isn't the first year Canon has been #1 or above Sony, nor has this been limited to Japan. The R just came out. Their mirrorless sales position has been driven almost entirely by the M series.

>Why don't you try a cursory google search before embarassing yourself.
Why don't you? And search for actual sales stats over time, not a "bestsellers list" for one seller that changes daily.

>>>3446040
>What is relevant then?
Profit margins which are much higher on FF cameras and glass which is why everyone is focusing on them. Once again: do not expect major advances in APS-C from Sony or anyone else except perhaps Fuji. Sensor tech will trickle down from FF and crop glass is pretty much done outside of cine lenses.

>Class leading low light performance?
A meme. High ISO performance is driven by sensor size and is practically the same for all shipping sensors at that size. We quibble over fractional-stop differences.

>Fastest and most accurate af on the market?
Everyone claims this.

>Best colour science both objectively AND subjectively?
ROTFLMAO!!! I suppose you also believe the Afghan girl was raped by Steve McCurry?
>>
>>3446497
>canon #1 in japan

That was never disputed, i posted more recent japan camera sales figures in my post you fucking tard. It was claimed that no one buys sony, but the figures show that sony sell more than 2 for every 3 canon sell. The gap is small.

>search for actual sales stats

Because only japan releases that info as far as I can see, with their bcn reports. I'm gonna guess by your lack of links, you didn't find anything else either.

What we can say without question is the largest retailer in the usa sells a LOT more sony mirrorless than canon.

>profit margins are relevant

That's great,sony are currently the only company to do everything in house, canon still buys in their processors and screens.Nikon, fuji, pentax, etc buy in everything.Sony make their own sensors, screens, processors, lens elements,own everything.This is what allows not only much more affordable prices as they aren't paying anyone else's margins, but also a much faster release schedule,so they can get the latest tech in peoples hands as fast as possible. I'm sure you're gonna say something about how sony semi and sony alpha are separate companies, yes poppet, this is how large umbrella corporations work,they don't want one department risking the whole company, so they are set up as financially independent entities.

>sensor tech will trickle down

Wow, someone doesn't understand how sensor wafers work.It's not trickle down, they're literally cut from the same wafers.

>advances in crop

Lol, what?You think crop is a magical separate entity with its own r&d?Are you high?It's jus a full frame camera with a gimped sensor.

>low light is a meme

Lol, someone's never raised shadows on a canon and sony sensor, there's plenty of examples on the internet, if you can't see them I can only conclude you are being wilfully ignorant.

>everyone claims af speed

But sony wins all the tests?

>sony colour

Show me any test that doesn't report it as the winner, I've got 3 here that do.
>>
>>3446455
No.
>>
>>3446717
>It was claimed that no one buys sony,
Who claimed this?

>What we can say without question is the largest retailer in the usa sells a LOT more sony mirrorless than canon.
[citation needed]

>That's great,sony are currently the only company to do everything in house, canon still buys in their processors and screens.
Which means nothing Sony shill.

>This is what allows not only much more affordable prices
Is that why the RP is the lowest cost FF MILC and selling like hot cakes?

>>sensor tech will trickle down
>Wow, someone doesn't understand how sensor wafers work.It's not trickle down, they're literally cut from the same wafers.
You moron. You have to design the sensor before you can manufacture it.

>>advances in crop
>Lol, what?You think crop is a magical separate entity with its own r&d?
You have to design crop sensors and lenses, yes. They may share tech but they are still unique.

>>low light is a meme
>Lol, someone's never raised shadows on a canon and sony sensor,
DR is the same at high ISO. DR at base ISO is practically the same between 5D IV and Sony bodies. DR is also a meme because nobody underexposes their shit by 6 stops, if they do they need another hobby.

>>everyone claims af speed
>But sony wins all the tests?
No.

>>sony colour
>Show me any test that doesn't report it as the winner, I've got 3 here that do.
It's not something you can capture in a simple test you fucking shill. That's why citing your Northup shit just makes you look stupid.
>>
>>3448773
>who
Here's one
>>3445850

>citation

Sony are doing even better on amazons sales ranks than last time i looked, well over half the top 50 best selling mirrorless skus are sony

>wahh, that means nothing

Except a massively accelerated release schedule and cheaper prices

>rp is the...

Rp is getting massively outsold by the sony a7iii which has 3 skus before the rp's first. It's the cheapest as its got the worst video, worst sensor, no ibis, no lenses and canon have confirmed they want to focus on getting people to buy overpriced lenses.

>you have to design the sensor before you make it

You do know sensors are cut from foot wide circular wafers, that are divvied up into full frame, crop, m43, 1", etc sizes depending on where the dead pixels are. They are not made on a part by part basis.

>you have to design crop sensors and lenses, they are unique

Lmfao, no, they are smaller. The sensors are literally the same wafers as ff, the lenses are literally the same optical designs. Thanks for confirming your ignorance though.

>but dr

Dr is not shadow performance. Being able to be raised 5 stops is not the same as being able to be raised 5 stops cleanly.

>no
*citation needed*

>you can't just capture colour science in a simple test

Sure you can, you take a photo of a reference colour board and you see by how much delta e they vary in the raw. This wasn't Northrup, those were the subjective (not objective) tests https://www.pdnonline.com/gear/cameras/the-best-cameras-for-color-reproduction-ranked/

And surely you can find ONE colour science test that doesn't put sony in first, if they're as bad as you say ;)
>>
>>3445813
They want shit but literally 0.2 to 1.0 stop faster
>>
>>3449115
>Here's one
>>>3445850
That post does not in any way claim "nobody buys Sony." Try again.

>>citation
>Sony are doing even better on amazons sales ranks than last time i looked,
Amazon ranks change by the hour and tell you nothing about relative amounts. The #1 item might sell 5m units while #2 sells 1m units. It's a retarded way to try and judge marketshare which is why nobody but a shill does it that way.

>>wahh, that means nothing
It literally means nothing.

>>rp is the...
>Rp is getting massively outsold by the sony a7iii
[citation needed]
Note that Amazon's top rank for the hour is NOT a citation.

>>you have to design the sensor before you make it
>You do know sensors are cut from foot wide circular wafers, that are divvied up into full frame, crop, m43, 1", etc sizes depending on where the dead pixels are.
ROTFLMAO they most certainly are not. You know literally nothing about chip fabrication if you believed this.

>They are not made on a part by part basis.
I'm in tears I'm laughing so hard. So you think a wafer is a big circle of pixels? And they just slice that wafer up into difference sizes like bread?

Tell me, genius: where's the I/O bus circuitry? How do you add that after slicing up the pixels?

>>but dr
>Because all pixels clip highlights at full well capacity, dynamic range is literally a measure of shadow noise at a given ISO
>"Dr is not shadow performance."
LMFAO

>>no
>*citation needed*
YOU claimed that Sony won "all the AF speed tests" therefore it's upon YOU to provide a citation. List ALL of the AF speed tests performed.
>>
>>3449115
>>you can't just capture colour science in a simple test
>Sure you can, you take a photo of a reference colour board and you see by how much delta e they vary in the raw.
>imagine believing this is what people mean when they say color science
People want pleasing colors under varying subject and lighting conditions. They're not really all that concerned about 100% accurate colors under perfect lighting conditions since you can profile ANY sensor to meet that standard.

Once again for the autists: "pleasing" is not necessarily "accurate." If it was neither Velvia nor Kodachrome would have sold a roll.
>>
File: 812135456820462.jpg (102 KB, 485x273)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>3449120
>nobody buys sony

Oh, are we going completely literal now, are we saying that literally no one has ever bought a sony camera? Lmfao, you're an idiot.

>amazon ranks change by the hour

Yes, based on recent AND historical sales, hence why they don't move too much. Also, if sony has 3 skus for the A6k before canons first sku for the eos m, and sony has more sku's for the a6k in the list too, we can say without nay reasonable doubt that the sony massively outsells the canon, by around 3 to 1. Even if we say every sku sold the same amount, the canon still loses massively, and this is the best possible scenario for canon. If there were big gaps between sku's, then the 3 sonys that come before canons first completely ass fuck canons proportion of sales.

>the best sellers' rank is indicative of ecent and past sales. Even though the products are ranked by category, their best selling status doesn't always indicate how well the product sells within similar items. For this reason, the category and subcategory best seller lists were created. Amazon.com does not publish exact sales revenue. https://smallbusiness.chron.com/amazon-rankings-update-33720.html

>faster release schedules mean nothing

Uh-huh, i guess that's why fuji are battling over less than 10% of the market share whilst sony have around 50%,despite them both starting out with mirrorless at the same time.

>Citation needed, amazons hourly ranks don't count

The a7iii has 3 skus, the a7riii has 3 skus and even the a7ii has a sku doing better than the eos RP right now. That's pretty fucking concerning for a body released 2 weeks ago! Most bodies are sold out for the first 3 months, but the rp is in stock everywhere.

Also, I do consider sales ranks of the largest retailer in the world a citation, if you disagree I'll need a citation from your source.

>wafers aren't sliced up

Pic related, that's a cmos wafer before it's sliced up, dunce.

>where's the io

On a sony? On a stacked layer on the back.
>>
>>3449123
>people want pleasing, not accurate

As with a lot of things in life, perfection is pleasing.

And, from both online subjective tests, and the one objective test, sony wins, do you think it's a coincidence they came first in both?

>you can profile any sensor to meet that standard

Sure, if you used a colour card in literally every photo you take, the colour of. Light changes the relative values between colours, there is no linear shift.

>muh velvia and kodachrome were the best but inaccurate

This is a dumb argument, every film emulsion had its draw backs to colour accuracy, but the goal was accuracy first and foremost for both these emulsions. Different emulsions were made to be more accurate for different subjects, hence we had velvia for landscape due to its ability to differentiate greens, and provia due to its ability to differentiate skin tones.
>>
>>3449174
>>>3449120
>>nobody buys sony
>Oh, are we going completely literal now, are we saying that literally no one has ever bought a sony camera?
YOU went literal you retard.

>>amazon ranks change by the hour
>Yes, based on recent AND historical sales,
Just stop. You don't have their historical sales and their historical sales are not national nor global sales for the manufacturer. It's not relevant.

>>faster release schedules mean nothing
Anyone can do a fast release schedule, having suppliers does not prevent that.

>Uh-huh, i guess that's why fuji are battling over less than 10% of the market share whilst sony have around 50%,despite them both starting out with mirrorless at the same time.
And Canon started out later yet has MORE marketshare.

>Also, I do consider sales ranks of the largest retailer in the world a citation,
Then tell me right now what Amazon's percentage of global sales is, and what evidence you have that their sales are representative of the overall picture. You don't have that data, you just want to shill.

>>wafers aren't sliced up
>Pic related, that's a cmos wafer before it's sliced up, dunce.
Of course wafers are sliced but COMPLETE CHIPS are etched into them. A wafer has SPECIFIC CHIPS on it. Not just FF or crop but SPECIFIC MODELS. You can't look at a FF region and say "hurr durr there's a defect let's cut it to crop size".

>>where's the io
>On a sony? On a stacked layer on the back.
No you idiot. There are going to be bus and power lines around the edges.
>>
>>3449178
>>people want pleasing, not accurate
>As with a lot of things in life, perfection is pleasing.
"Accuracy" is not "perfection."

>And, from both online subjective tests,
Useless.

>and the one objective test,
Once again you can profile any sensor to be hyper accurate with a MacBeth chart under known lighting.

>>muh velvia and kodachrome were the best but inaccurate
>This is a dumb argument,
No, it's a HUMAN argument. What people like is not 100% hyper accuracy.
>>
>>3449203
>>3449204
This is embarrassing

>accuracy isn't perfection.

If something is 100%, it is perfect, any toddler can tell you this and it just stinka of your desperation not to be wrong.

>you can profile any sensor to be accurate under known lighting.

No, i don't think you quite understand what the other guy said,

And along with

>intense backpedalling over sensor manufacturer.

Outs you as a newbie that doesn't know what he's talking about. Don't worry, keep reading, lower the arrogance, and post a half decent photo eventually.
>>
>>3449174
>amazon sales numbers again
You know if you pull up Amazon’s sales numbers on “digital cameras” right now instead of just “mirrorless cameras”, the top 50 best sellers (skipping over smaller sensor cameras) are, in order:
1. Rebel t6
6. Rebel t6
8. Rebel t6
10. Nikon d3500
11. A7 iii
14. EOS m50
15. Rebel t6
16. Rebel t6
21. A6400
25. Rebel SL2
27. Rebel SL2
28. Rebel T6
36. EOS m50
38. D750
40. Rebel t7
42. D3500
43. D850
44. Rebel t6
46. Rebel t6
49. Rebel t6i

Which demonstrates:
A. The issue with different SKUs for the same product
B. Another way Amazon sales rankings for “mirrorless camera” might not be representative—if some of those SKUs are tagged as “digital camera” but not “mirrorless camera”, they’re not going to show up in the ranking even if they’re selling a shitload of them. People who have done a bit of research are more likely to search for mirrorless camera; most people don’t do a bit of research.
C. Jesus Christ, a lot of people are buying the Rebel t6.
>>
>>3449238
>nothing but rebels for canon

This is why canons sales figures are bunk, who cares if a 12 year old girl got her first rabal as her parents trust the canon brand.
>>
>>3449234
>If something is 100%, it is perfect,
>art is about mathematical measurements
>human beings can't like any color other than 100% accurate color
I get it. You're autistic. For you a camera is something you memorize. A spec sheet. You don't actually take pictures with one, and if you did nobody would care about them because they would be clinical test shots.

Some of us are normal. Not autistic. For us "color science" is not how accurately a MacBeth chart can be photographed.

>>intense backpedalling over sensor manufacturer.
You made an incredibly ignorant assertion about sensor manufacturing, that wafers are just cut up into different sized sensors like bread. And now you're trying to hide from it.

Go be autistic some where else.
>>
>>3449266
>wafers are cut up

That's exactly what happens, the cmos layer is completely homogenous, once it is cast, it's inspected and divided into sensors, avoiding the dead pixels, the next layer of the process etches on all the edges and connection points.
>>
>>3449275
>thinking that individual masks are made for each and every wafer so that multiple sizes of sensors can be cut around dead pixels
LMFAO
>>
>>3449276
PDAF is applied as a secondary process from behind. They do not form part of the basic CMOS wafer.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.