[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 142 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: gear.jpg (337 KB, 900x600)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
This is the thread where we discuss everything related to gear Previous thread(s) >>3390375 >>3395071 >>3405445
>>
File: DpKjgtvUUAAJG9z.jpg (118 KB, 1200x1200)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZwZx9_RBgA
>>
>>3415067
wut is with this guy?
>gear doesnt matter
>shoot gfx
>>
File: disapproval.jpg (82 KB, 720x488)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
You made me realize there have been no pentax gear threads this year.
>>
>>3415092
he's a narcissist spoiled brat
>>
>>3415067
Your camera doesn't matter...
Being able to afford the van and having enough time to go out for days on end to shoot a lot does tho
Good luck doing that and still being able to have a job, friends and other hobbies
>>
>>3415064
>left
Decent camera
>right
Waste of rare earth minerals
>>
File: 300mm.jpg (28 KB, 500x272)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Could anyone tell me which one would be better, a Nikon 300mm f/4 (not the PF one) or a Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR I + TC-14E II. I'd be using it with a D810 or D4, mostly for sports and wildlife. I already own the 70-200 but I'm unsure if a teleconverter will hamper sharpness and AF speed enough to warrant buying a whole new lens.
>>
Bought one of these upgrading from a d3400. Pretty hyped for it to arrive
>>
are there similar cameras to fuji x100 that are better at focusing at night? would upgrading to x100f or xe3 help?
I'm not sure if this camera is just bad at it or that's just how cameras work, but with my old dslr when I'm, for example, autofocusing bright lights at night it works fine, with my fuji its completely out of focus most of the time
I'm a newb sorry
>>
>>3415292
why not upgrade to a full frame while you're at it?
you could've gotten the d610 for the same amount of money
>>
>>3415310
Not him but d610 while better for photos is just too dated and lacking in features and ease of use.
Different priorities I'd guess.
>>
>>3415195
I own both lenses and already used them with a D4.

300mm is sharp as a knife, go for it. but, in your case, see what fits in your pocket. both choices are pretty good
>>
>copy past from thread, posted in it when it was already autosageing

Looking for a second cam to my e-m10. I'm realizing I'm loosing shots and a lot of time by not having the right lens on my cam.
Pricewise I'm looking at pens, since I'm thinking I won't miss eyefinder on a second that much. epl6 to epl7 go for 200/300 eurodollars, do they offer comparable iq? Is there anything on the panasonics side that goes for that much? I think I could live without body stabilization as well, but size is a factor.
>>
>>3415310
>>3415328
Main reason I suppose is I already have dx lenses. I like all the new features - main reason I'm getting it is because I felt limited by the d3400s lack of buttons and features

Also buying the d7500 used. Also if the camera was any heavier I doubt I'd want to take it out everywhere
>>
I got a rc2 plate on my dslr at all times and want to change my strap setup, is it safe to mount a strap to the bottom via a carabiner lock? it's made for that isn't it?
and what's a good strap that has one end with a carabiner lock and one end with a regular one?
I just want to have the strap connected to the bottom and the right strap connector so it'll make it a tiny bit easier to carry heavy lenses.
>>
x-pros are for queers
pass it on
>>
File: render.jpg (53 KB, 970x545)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
anyone care about the leaked specs on the supposed a7000?
>>
>>3415460
>aps-c camera as big as a full frame a7
I’d be a lot more interested in a full frame camera the size of an a6000.
>>
thoughts on the D610? I'm looking to upgrade from my D90
>>
>>3415460
confirmed to come from known fake source
>>
>>3415462
I really wish the a7 was shaped more like the 6000....
>>
>>3415464
The D610 is a pretty good all-rounder, and a great entry-level full frame camera. I used mine for everything from sports to landscapes to events and the biggest issue I ever had with it was its low-light AF performance can be inaccurate at times. Coming from a D90 though, you will see an upgrade across the board for sure.
>>
Anyone have the sigma 18-35 f1.8 for crop canons? Worth the price?
>>
>>3415464
I had one for about 3 years

I liked it, had some nice lenses, all around good experience.

Negatives

- Don't trust auto iso, mine always wanted to go crazy if I was in A mode and would try to do 3200 at 1/60 in daylight

- Don't trust the minimum shutter speed, I have no idea why this didn't work for me but I have a few blurred shits from it deciding that 1/10 was a great idea handheld

- I didn't go above 3200 iso because noise most of the time. 6400 is ok but not great.

- AF can be a bit slow but not bad really
>>
>>3415169
go to >>/gear/
>>
Just bought a Nikon 180mm f/2.8 AF today, is it as good as the legends say?
>>
So I've heard that x-t1 kinda sucks for landscapes,something about unnatural colors and auto white balance.
Also that first xtrans colors are better than xtrans 2.
Is this true or people are just bullshiting?Because I've looked at fuji's raw files from dpreview and they seem to have pretty accurate color reproduction,though in real world things could be different.
Shit it's hard to find any decent info on this, most people know fuck all about color and everything is either an opinion or shilling.
>>
File: Nikon_F80.jpg (46 KB, 495x473)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Can the focusing screen be replaced in the Nikon F80/N80?
>>
>order used ef-m 18-150 on boxing day for less than $300 after taxes and shipping
>get email a couple of days ago saying "whoops! there was an inventory error and the lens you ordered is not in stock!"
>now can't find it anywhere for less than $500 (before taxes)
this shit's fucking dumb
>>
Why are normies so obsessed with zoom
>>
>>3415064
What's the best camera for shooting Instax (any format)?

What's the best camera for shooting the remaining Fuji peel-apart film in the world?
>>
>>3415500
>Is this true or people are just bullshiting?
Bullshitting.
>>
>>3415536
speaking as someone who bought a piece of shit bridge camera when i wanted to upgrade from my phone camera, i think it's just that people don't really know about sensor size or optics and think that more zoom + more megapixels = more good camera. that's what i thought at the time anyway before i actually learned about shit
>>
>>3415536
>Why are normies so obsessed with zoom
Because it's a number that's easy to stick on a spec sheet and easy to see the results of.
>>
Dumb question, but if I adapted one of these to micro four thirds, I would lose the ability to adjust the aperture due to the controls being on the grip, right? Or does it run independently from the body?
>>
>>3415548
Forgot photo.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution144 dpi
Vertical Resolution144 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width640
Image Height847
>>
Any recommendations for a cheap (<$50) light meter I can rely on? I don't need it for flash or any of that shit, I just have a Yashicamat 124 with a busted meter so I want a handheld one. I've tried a phone app and while it seems okay, I can't get it to be consistently reliable. Sometimes it matches my EM-10's meter just fine, other times it's off by like a full stop.
>>
Currently using a D600 but am tempted to get a used D750, primarily because I've heard it has better AF and low-light performance, but also because I've heard other photographers talking about the D750 in almost reverential tones. However, comparing the two cameras on paper suggests that the differences are not that big.

Has anybody used both cameras and can comment on whether the D750 is a worthwhile upgrade?
>>
File: 1182608_original.jpg (133 KB, 608x907)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>3415092
Don't really want to ignite yet another circle of that discussion, but i always find it funny coming from some popular jewtuber.
"Gear didn't matah brah!" while shooting with kit that can cost up to 10k$ or something.
>>
any cheap but decent nikkor manual focus wide angle prime lenses?
preferably anything around 16mm, good corners is a plus but I'm not hoping for too much since I don't want to spend too much on it.
>>
>>3415537

Get in touch with the guy at Instantoptions/Option8. He modifies mf cameras to take instax backs and also puts better leaf shutter lenses on existing instax cameras.
>>
>>3415195

I had the VR1 70-200 previously, and it's "ok" with a TC14. Anything higher and not really.
>>
>>3415595
I only watched bits and pieces of that the other day but in fairness, his point was more that he doesn’t want to run a channel about gear. Fans bugged him for it, he half heartedly obliged, and he didn’t like what he produced. More of a “be content with what you’ve got and stop bugging me for recommendations” than anything.

Obviously he’s going to have top of the line shit, this is (presumably) his livelihood.
>>
>>3415482
Yeah, I'm curious to know if that lens is any good? That angry photographer baldy tosspot keeps shilling it but I really don't trust him.
>>
File: 1738267.jpg (205 KB, 1200x699)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
Oh my goddd I need all 3 lenses in my life.
Even though I'm a Zoom guy.

That new 110 APO Lanthar is absolutely stunning.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7RM3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 7.5 (Macintosh)
Photographer Fred Miranda
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)135 mm
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2018:12:04 15:50:35
Exposure Time0.4 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Brightness2.0 EV
Exposure Bias2 EV
Metering ModeOther
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length135.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
>>
Apochromatic Bokeh makes my dick HARRRD.

>>
>>3415608
I think it's his honest opinion, but didn't came from arrogance or anything. Actually, I think he's reached a pit. He does appear a bit depressed in that vid. He's probably going nowhere with his photography, and is realising no gear in the world will help him. Granted, he's not quite level headed and focused as you'd want a photographer to be. He's in a middle of the forest, with nice greens around him, yet he positions his cam to shoot a rock face, and then he spends who knows how much time setting vid cams all around the place taking shots of himself doing that. You won't get a good shots doing that.
>>
I have a Sony A7 II. Does it make sense to go for the Tamron 28-75 F/2.8 rather than going for a selection of cheaper primes to cover likely use cases (a wide angle, a small tele, and a 50mm which I already have) ?

I'd be looking at Samyang 35mm f/2.8 or 1.4, or Sigma 24mm f1.4 for the wide angle, and the Sony 85mm f1.8 for the small tele. It's (massively) more expensive than the Tamron zoom, and I'm not sure the gain in raw quality is worth the price/convenience difference. And I don't think I would benefit a lot more from the aperture difference, since I already never use my 50mm at 1.8 because of the issues it suffers from at this aperture.
>>
>>3415686
Once you go zoom, there is no going back.

The Tamron's special property is being a lightweight F2,8 zoom.
The 35/2,8's special property is it weighs near nothing without compromising image quality.
>>
>>3415688
>Once you go zoom, there is no going back.
Once YOU go zoom, there’s no going back.

I have a (Canon) 24-70/2.8 but I still mainly use my 50 and 85mm primes as my main lenses. Mainly because of weight, but I also just think I get better results with them (probably mainly for psychological reasons).
>>
>>3415690
>Mainly because of weight
That's the thing. Your past experience with the Canon zoom isn't applicable to this scenario.

Canon F2.8 zoom = 950 gram
Tamron F2.8 zoom = 550 gram
Canon 85mm prime = 425 gram

Once you go 550 gram Zoom, there is no going back.
>>
1:1 Macro on a 2EUR coin.

At Apochromatic F2,5
Dat F2,5...

>>
>8 Anomalous glass
EIGHT Fucking Anomalous Dispersion glass.

Voiglander is going FULL ZEISS
Always go Full Zeiss.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2019 (Windows)
Image Width1200
Image Height961
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution120 dpi
Vertical Resolution120 dpi
Image Created2018:12:05 12:07:35
Image Width726
Image Height414
>>
>>3415598
Cheapest wide angles you'll find are around 24-35mm. There's also a manual focus 20mm but it's a bit more pricy.
>>
>>3415729
Well, considering that they make Zeiss lenses...
>>
>>3415746
This is the first Voigtlander lens that has high specification like Zeiss in my opinion.

Normally only Zeiss orders crazy Milvus/Otus lenses where half the elements are Anomalous glass.
Whereas Voigtlander brand offers more humble designs and are more affordable.

This one is high spec.
>>
>>3415746
Here is the biggest M-mount lens they offer on Voigtlander website.

It's a completely different thing compared to>>3415729

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image Width800
Image Height507
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2014:08:05 10:31:07
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width800
Image Height373
>>
I want a small, lightweight, pocketable camera. Looking at Ricoh GR II, Fuji x100S (seems best bang for buck), and Sony RX1. What’re people’s experiences with these? I heard the Fuji is the best, Sony is clanky and the lens doesn’t fit in a pocket well. Ricoh I’ve heard is just meh but good for its price point.
>>
Anyone here ever try to lit strobe like godox studio with powerbank? Is it possible without buying $500+ powerpack inverter? It's for sk300 de300 or qt300 desu.
>>
>>3415729
Goddamn, that is a chandelier’s worth of glass right there.
>>
File: 20160923-DSCF2281.jpg (1.41 MB, 1000x1000)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>3415754
X100S will only fit in a jacket pocket. I have one and I like it quite a bit, I throw it in the small pocket of my backpack and it's my EDC when the weather's iffy.

GR II is extremely beloved by street shooters everywhere, it's the best value by far at what, 600 bucks brand new? Haven't shot one myself -- I got an X70 instead for the articulating rear screen. I like the X70 a lot but I think the short lifespan left prices a bit elevated.

Can't speak to the RX1.

I'm sure they're all decent options but they all shoot differently, you have to weigh how you intend to shoot over the spec sheets.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX70
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.6 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:10:01 22:54:27
Exposure Time1/75 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Brightness1.6 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length18.50 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
Voigtlander has a new God lens.
>>
File: 1742495.jpg (500 KB, 755x1079)
500 KB
500 KB JPG
Macro of dried banana stem.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2018 (Macintosh)
Image Created2018:12:06 09:38:41
Image Width755
Image Height1079
>>
>>3415815
I already own a Nikon D600 for heavy duty shots and was looking for something more casual that’s better than an iPhone. Something to pull out at the dinner table or while hiking. If the X100S is pocketable, I might go for that option.
>>
Is used Fuji XTt1 body for 330 euro a good deal?
20k shuttercount
>>
>>3415834

I'm not convinced that's a fair comparison.... sorta looks like whoever took that photo fucked up on the Sony shot. They wouldn't be selling a lens that doesn't get anything in focus.
>>
Photography noob here.

I’ve started shooting a lot with disposable cameras because I love the way they look, but buying multiple disposables every week gets expensive. What do you guys recommend for film cameras with a similar look?
>>
>>3415866
Camera doesent matter, its doesent have any effect on imag quality.
Lens and film does.
In a disposable camera the lens is very cheap, sometimes even plastic. You just have to find the film that has the right look, you can try looking into shooting expired films, some of them can look like certain disposable cameras.
>>
File: 1742385.jpg (578 KB, 1437x1188)
578 KB
578 KB JPG
Top Left corner edge.

The 100-400GM is a formidable zoom.
It's going neck to neck against a 110mm prime lens.
It's not like the prime lens is a slouch either, it's an Apochromatic.
But I almost can't tell the difference.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2018 (Macintosh)
Image Created2018:12:11 16:06:55
Image Width1437
Image Height1188
>>
>>3415853
Check sites like eBay and craigslist. If they are generally higher than that price, it is a good deal. If not, it isn’t.
>>
why do people buy the two conversion lens after buying a x100
wouldnt it be smarter to buy something like the xe3 in that case
>>
File: diagram-green-1033.jpg (86 KB, 1033x910)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>3415953
[spoiler]x100 series is made for dumb people[/spoiler]
Lens is ok, but it's no better than any mid tear prime on the market. And the worst thing about it is that you're stuck with it. It's ok price for the cam if you buy something like x100s used for few hudreds, but one grand for x100f is way too much for what you get. Basically it's for people that don't know that x-pro2 exists. Or any other interchangable camera in the range from 500 to 1000 eurobucks.
>>
>>3415863
Oh the focus is not on point, but thats not the main point of this comparison
>>>Forgets that the sony lens has shitty color reprod and awful Chromatic aberrations
>>
>>3416001
It actually doesn't.

That's an extreme contrast situation with a high wattage light bulb in the background.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (23 KB, 630x428)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
I am looking to upgrade to a 80d, I've had Canon cameras before so am familiar with the whole OS and plus I've got a few aps-c lenses already. Would anyone recommend it? Does it have any majot faults?
>>
>>3415688
don't you always get a better result with a prime? Less elements? Thats always been my view
>>
>>3416020
>don't you always get a better result with a prime? Less elements? Thats always been my view
No. There are great zooms and shitty primes in the world, and in general unless something has truly epic shitty quality it doesn't actually matter in practice as much as things like convenience and speed of use.
>>
>>3416022
i think for the same money primes are better than zooms.
>>
>>3416020
See>>3415929

Sometimes both lenses push the sensor to its limit and give you same result.
Zooms can be exceptional quality
>>
>>3416024
A zoom will be better than any prime ever made at letting you change from one focal length to another in less than a second.
>>
>>3416027
thats the sign of a shitty photographer
>>
Has anyone here had any experience with the fujifilm xpro1? Looking at making the jump from film to digitial.
>>
tldr going to iceland, budget €550, can't decide what route to go for gear

So in recent vacations I really missed having a dedicated camera (I had a Nikon D90 for a few years and had a lot of fun with it). For an upcoming trip I want to buy a camera again so I can capture some cool moments there.

It's fairly difficult because I don't know what route to take. I adapt fairly well to the tools at hand and I don't have enough experience to have a preference for shooting style and/or a preference for a certain brand.

In an ideal scenario, I would have both a Gopro 7 Black and a decent DSLR/mirrorless. For my budget, this is of course not possible.

So this leaves me with three options:
1. Just buy a Gopro 7 Black for like 2/3rd of my budget (it's like 380) and use the rest for accessories and random shit during the trip
2. Buy the best used DSLR/MILC i can afford
3. Buy a used older model gopro and a used DSLR/MILC

I was quite surprised by the gopro 7's video output. It looks great. The pictures it takes seem to be good too, although they are just snapshots.

I'd say photo is a bit more important than video for me, but ease of use and size/weight are definitely big factors.

What do /p/?
>>
I have a 24-70 2.8 tamron1, I think I have some problems with the aperture.
the light readings and DOF is the same between f/2.8 and f/4, it only starts changing above that, anyone have any idea what it means?
>>
File: 5ds.jpg (117 KB, 1024x824)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
Scored a 5ds body today on ebay for very cheap. Now my snapshits will have over 50 million pixels...
>>
>>3416031
>thats the sign of a shitty photographer
Nah. A better sign of a shitty photographer is that they think using a particular type of camera equipment is the sign of a shitty photographer.

There are a lot of different types of photography, and a lot of different considerations that would determine whether one lens is "better" than another. Sharpness and aperture, sure, but also practical things like weight, convenience, price, speed of autofocus, etc.

For some photographers and some styles, zooms work a lot better. For others, primes. The only style of photography for which you can state unequivocally that primes are better is armchair photography where all you ever take pictures of is test charts or random shit just to show how sharp your lens is.
>>
>>3415064
i really hate how olympus put fucking every buttons possible on their COMPACT cameras
like ok you wanna make a """"""professional"""" camera but how can i do professional work if i accidentally hit few buttons every time i try to grab the camera?
this happened even on fuji xpro 2
fucking hate those buttons all over the places
>>
I'm torn between a Tamron 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 DI-II VC HLD or a Nikkor 10-20mm F/4.5-5.6 VR. This is for a D3400 and I'm just looking to add a nice wide angle lens for landscape and architecture/city shots. I'm curious about the difference in optical quality and sharpness between the two.

The Tamron seems to have better build quality, and is a faster lens. But it's autofocus is pretty loud which is a concern as I'd like to begin to dabble in video a bit. The Nikkor is slower, made of plastic, but it's quieter and cheaper.

Again though, I guess it boils down to optical quality and distortion between the two.
>>
Ricoh GR II it iPhone X? Is it comparable in the slightest? I’ve always written off iPhones as useless for their sensor size, but if it’s even remotely comparable, I can deal with an iPhone. Currently own a Nikon D610.
>>
Got an Epson RD1 yesterday. Most fun I've had in years. Selling all my 3 fuji cameras and 6 lenses.
>>
>>3416157
They are comparable in that they can both take photos. But yeah, no, even the best cellphone camera (unless it’s one of those ones that’s a camera first with some cellphone features thrown in) is going to be ass compared to something like the GR II with an aps c sensor.

That being said, it *will* still take good pictures, so long as you don’t zoom in close. And it means carrying fewer things. And I’m an apple fanboy and I love my iPhone X.
>>
>>3416164
Maybe keep one of the Fujis just in case you ever find yourself in a situation where you need more than 6MP, more than ISO 1600, or autofocus.
>>
>>3416170
Yeah, that's true and what I've thought about. Keeping one of my 2 xpro2s. I still have a x100 and xpro1 not counting to the 3 I'm selling. The 1st gen fujis aren't leaving me.

Fuji has been fantastic to me, I've made half my living off my fuji cameras for the past few years. The epson brought back the "fun and fuck it", a feeling which I've been lacking for so long. I might end up going back to film. It's much more fun than modern digital IN MY HUMBLE OPINION DISCLAIMER.
>>
>>3416172
is that the original x100? The AF was so bad on it I wished it had good manual focus. How do you still use it?
>>
>>3416063
Ever consider m4/3? Excellent size and form factor for travel, sacrificing some low light ability for increased DOF.
>>
>>3416180
as with any tool you just need to know what it can do and can't do - and learn how to get it to do the things you want to do. The x100 series is awesome for flash as an example.

I don't use flash.
>>
No blank profile pics. Talk when you join. Post something funny.
>>
>>3416235
fuck i thought i was posting in /b
sorry.
Rate my awesome photo
>>
>>3416235
i use a bunch of eos m bodies
roast me pls
>>
>>3416180
Back button / DoF scale to focus.
Frankly the AF was excellent as long as the sun was above the horizon, but temperamental rather than terrible under other conditions. Faces always had enough contrast to lock on, dark clothing not so much.
Awesome camera in every other respect.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelFinePix X100
Camera SoftwareSnapseed 2.18.200158453
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Exposure Time1/240 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Brightness1.8 EV
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length19.00 mm
Image Width1792
Image Height1280
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3416247
i'd went for it if it had some lenses. iq from samples nearly convinced me.
>>
>>3416252
They just released a 32mm 1.4 for it. Not enough I know but some progress at least.
>>
>>3416252
has some lenses? You can put virtually any lens on it
this was shot with an auto chinon 55mm f1.7
>>
>>3416187

Good idea, I'll look into it. Thanks!
>>
>>3416247
why a bunch?
>>
My rx100 is now very laggy. There is something wrong with the af, it takes awhile for it to focus and viewing photos, going to the menu or changing modes takes a long time. Is this thing a goner? I had the lens fixed for 20k yen before and I do not want to pay anymore on this. Has 50k+ actuations.

Is the Fujifilm xf10 a good buy? I want something cheap like it but I don't like how it has no wheel knob.
>>
>>3416307
R I C O H G R
I
C
O
H
G
R
>>
>>3416302
>>
>>3416310
I really wish they made a GR that was 50mm-equivalent instead of 28mm-equivalent.
>>
>>3416319
curious. what's are you doing there? spray and pray?
>>
>>3416453
He's got an intervalometer running, so presumably he's doing a timelapse.
>>
>>3415834
The 125mm Apo-Lanthar is considered the best lens in their SLR line by far and costs more used than it used to cost new, so the follow-up better not disappoint.
>>
Best slavshit LTM lens?
>>
>>3416499
It doesn't disappoint at all.
Top sharpness.
The bokeh is also great and doesn't have onion rings.

>>
File: DSC_0605-01.jpg (202 KB, 927x927)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
So yeah, I slammed my Nikkor 50/1.8 AI-s's front to a door so hard it knocked some elements out of alignmet. Now I'm using 50/1.4D on my FM2n aaaaand it doesn't really feel that great. No surprises there. So what's the smoothest to focus 50mm lens I can get for my FM2? Preferably something that is quite easy to find new or used? Budget is anything around 500euros.

Equipment MakeSony
Camera ModelG8231
Camera SoftwareSnapseed 2.0
Image Created2019:01:01 19:15:26
Exposure Time1/20 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
ISO Speed Rating800
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length4.40 mm
Image Width3705
Image Height3705
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
fellas, A7r or A7?
I know both of these cameras have their own issues but on top of them A7 has sensor reflections and A7R shutter shock that supposedly can decrease image sharpness.I have no idea if shutter shock problem is exaggerated, but sensor reflections could be a big deal.
I want a small classic looking camera and so my options are limited. Fuji lenses are big and relatively expensive so that kinda leaves me
with a7... so, which one?
>>
>>3416512

Inustar-61
>>
>>3416565
>thinks Fuji lenses are big and expensive
>considering full frame E mount instead
Um. Okay.

Well.

If you’re committed to that path, have you considered the A7 II? I’m guessing it’s around the same price as the A7R these days and you get sensor image stabilization and a bunch of other random improvements.
>>
>>3415096
>>3415096
what's a pentax?
>>
File: lenses.png (460 KB, 2014x736)
460 KB
460 KB PNG
>>3416581
>thinks Fuji lenses are big and expensive
huh,are they not?pic related.
Sony has zeiss 35 and samyang 24,28,35mm pancake lenses.Plus I can always start with something like Konica Hexanon AR 40mm or 50mm minolta which are basically free.I can't do the same with fuji.

>xf 18mm exists
The only small wide angle lens fuji has.I know,it's kinda meh.

I have 2 old film cameras lying around and even though they're heavy as fuck they are totally pocketable. A7+samyang 24mm is about the same length.A fuji camera would be 3 or 4cm longer which would make it roughly the size of a dslr.
I dunno it just makes sense to me to get an a7, I look at it as a better aps-c body that takes the cake compared to other same size cameras.
https://camerasize.com/compact/#312.288,721.359,721.571,487.394,487.667,487.766,ha,t

>the A7 II?
yea,but unless I'm missing something it's not that much different than a7 other than IBS,noise and some other fluff.I'm only thinking about getting the R version because sensor reflections on a7 could be a deal breaker.
I've seen good deals on a7r but a7ii costs quite a bit more in Europe and is out of my budget.
>>
>>3416611
>pic related
Fair enough. I usually shoot with a normal rather than a wide, so this was the set of comparisons I had in mind. I wasn't aware of the other Samyang pancake wides.
>>
File: 1360559016006.jpg (83 KB, 599x600)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
D7200 has been discontinued.

Anyone have a clue what the fuck kind of drugs Nikon is taking?
It's like they have a demonic obsession to force people away from Dual-card slot.
>>
>>3416654
with respect to dual card slots they know that only a small percentage of shooters care so that's a cost they can cut. with respect to the D7200 they don't really view crop as being worth bothering with anymore, beyond maybe a D3xxx to sell to soccer moms.
>>
>>3416658
This is too much. First the D7500, then Z6, Z7, and now they discontinue the superior Dual-card options.

I swear it's like they want everybody to transition to single card slot, so they can offer a "NEW" generation after that which offer upgrades to dual-card.

This is reaching levels of Full Retard.
>>
>>3416659
A single card slot is not really that big a deal to most photographers.
>>
>>3416681
well, I wouldn't say that. But I would say anyone who's bitching about "but I shoot weddings and I need two slots" but shoots DX is a hack.
>>
>>3416690
DX is quite popular in the bird wedding photographer crowd.
>>
I'm in the market for a small camera that I can bring anywhere with me, could stuff it in a jacket pocket or maybe even my pants.

I used to have an a6000 before moving to an a7ii and then now my a7iii, I have a very good setup with my current full frame kit but really want something inexpensive and small that I can bring with me. Something that I can easily replace if it gets lost/stolen/broken.

I'm thinking a budget less than $300 USD
>>
>>3416710
Forgot to mention, a viewfinder would be something I would very much like on it but could live without it.
>>
>>3416654
Probably they can't/won't restock the old 24 mpix sensor, and so are committing their remaining stock to d3500/d5700 (or whatever the current numbers are)
>>
What camera/lens does the guy on the far left have?
>>
>>3416880
that's the camera he has with him
>>
>>3416882
is it the best camera?
>>
I just got the sigma mc11 EF lens adapter and am using it with the A7ii and the Canon 50mm f1.8 II version lens. For whatever reason the lens won't fully open its aperture, the camera reads it as f1.8 but I can visually see that the lens is always stopped down to what looks like about F2 or 2.2. Even during picture taking the aperture doesn't quickly open fully and stop back down.
Any thoughts? Is it just an issue of compatibility with the mc11? I can't find anyone else who has noticed this on google.
>>
>>3416710
If you want something small and pocketable then buy rx100 III, it will be smaller and give you better results than system cameras with kit pancakes.
>>
>>3416886
Not using the MC-11 but some ching-chong alternative, and yes, there is a problem of retro-engineering the aperture command. I get f/2 max with the 85mm f/1.8. The solution is to use Sony lenses on Sony bodies.
>>
>>3416885
It sure is, buddy.
>>
>>3416015
i've got the m5 which is basically the mirrorless 80D, i like it
>>
>>3415064

I found a massive EL-Nikkor 99-230mm f/8 for $45. This monster weighs 5 pounds. Looks like it's got an M62 mount. I already bought parts to try and mount it to my D5100. Wish me luck!

Image Created2019:01:06 06:31:13
>>
File: IMG_7267.jpg (800 KB, 3024x4032)
800 KB
800 KB JPG
>>3416924
a pic of the glass. as far as I can tell, it's pristine

Image Created2019:01:06 06:31:12
>>
>>3416924
>>3416925
>enlarging lens
>also a zoom
>adapted on apsc
forwhatpurpose.jpg
>>
>>3416926
For photography, presumably.
>>
>>3416924
do you actually know what you bought?
>>
>>3416307
yes
>>
>>3415754
x100s. I like 35mm better than 28mm. Thats just me tho, and I prefer my cameras to not look like a throwaway from 1996. 35 or 28? Thats the choice.
>or get the memeshit GR just because
>>
>>3416164
What lenses you getting rid of?
>>
>>3415064
anybody like using shitty cctv lenses?

Camera SoftwareACD Systems Digital Imaging
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Created2012:05:15 10:32:40
Image Width551
Image Height551
>>
File: fujifilm-xt3.jpg (356 KB, 2000x1500)
356 KB
356 KB JPG
Fuji is having a deal on the XT-3 and XH-1... just snagged me an XT-3 $100 off... but damn that XH-1 is tempting 1299 for body w/ grip (900off). Did I do the right thing? My mind has been set Xt-3 for the past couple weeks, the XH-1 wasn't even on my radar I mean the only thing it has over the XT3 is IBIS right?
>>
>>3417079
The X-H1 was better than the XT-2, though bigger (if that's a concern for you).
Since you just got yourself a X-T3, I would at least wait until the X-H2 if I needed IBIS.

IBIS on my Z7 is awesome by the way.
>>
What camera should I consider if I am a total photography noob and would mainly shoot photos at night? Is there a budget option?
>>
>>3417124
First a good Tripod from aliexpress at around 70 dollars.
Then some APS-C camera from Canon, Sony or Nikon.
>>
File: 300px-Canon_EOS_5D.jpg (18 KB, 300x250)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>3415064
was thinking of picking up my first digital camera, is a Canon 5d mk1 alongside a 50mm 1.4 usm lens good for £250?
>>
>>3417129
Yes. That's an okay price for either the camera or the lens, and it's a great price for the combo.
>>
File: _DSC0474.jpg (974 KB, 2464x1632)
974 KB
974 KB JPG
Jeez you guys are boring, no sense of adventure. There's only 2 mentions of this lens anywhere online due to it being so rare, I might be the only person who's ever bothered to adapt one to a camera.

>>3416926
Because EL lenses have unbelievable clarity. The 50mm f/2.8 EL-Nikkor I have is ridiculously sharp. Sure, my camera isn't ideal, but I work with what I've got.
>>3416929
A massive 99-230mm zoom EL-Nikkor lens from a Noritsu 1-hour photo machine. The results should be interesting. I think it'll make an exceptional portrait lens.

I already took some test shots by holding the lens up to the camera. Aside from the massive light leakage, it's looking promising!

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D5100
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 7.0 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Color Filter Array Pattern700
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2019:01:06 15:36:39
Exposure Time1/250 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating250
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceFine Weather
FlashNo Flash
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3417156
I support you, Anon.
>>
>>3417129
You should check shutter count.

>>
What do you guys think of Nikon d5200?
>>
>>3417212

I'd buy a D7000/D7100 before I touched that. Having owned a D5100 for 7 years, I can say that the comparative lack of AF motor, top screen, and build quality becomes apparent very quickly. It is compatible with old pre-AI Nikon lenses, which the D7xxx series is not, so if you really need that, it's the only reason I'd consider it.

I still reach for my D90 over the D5100 at times, despite the D90 being a full generation behind in sensor technology and having far worse low light performance. The feel of the camera is just that much better.
>>
I need a redpill on the X-T3's battery life, it can't be that bad right?
>>
>>3417212
Eh. It’s okay. Like >>3417214 said, you’d likely be better off getting an older, higher-end body.

>>3417224
Dunno about the XT3, but I’ve got an XT1 and the battery life is pretty ass. Bring along a spare or two if you plan to be out shooting all day.
>>
>>3417224
390 CIPA isn't THAT bad.. Just carry two extra batteries in your pocket and you will be fine for a whole day.

The only company who figured out the power efficiency is Sony at the moment.
>>
>>3417235
Sony uses a higher capacity battery and did some tweaking to their cameras' default settings (CIPA test is done with the camera's default settings) in order to get higher numbers.
>>
File: 1546158086485.jpg (431 KB, 2048x1152)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
really been considering going full frame mode recently and is going from a d7100 to a d810 a good upgrade path?
is it worth it to wait until summer to buy it used since niggon is releasing a new FF DSLR very soon, and what am I missing out on for buying a 2014 body?
and most importantly, will it make me happy?
>>
>>3415690
Mark I or mark II? I have the mark II and it absolutely blew me away at the first wedding I shot with it.
>>
>>3416015
It's a good all around camera. One of the few Canon bodies so far with on-chip ADCs, so better shadow noise and DR.

Would recommend.

>>3417129
Check condition and shutter count, but yeah.
>>
>>3417323
D810 is a great camera, it's missing some stuff introduced in newer models (joystick, older AF module, focus peaking, etc.) but depending on your shooting style that might not a big issue and you can get it quite cheap nowadays.

You mention the release of a new FF DSLR but currently the only thing that might be announced soon is the D6 (which won't have much impact on D810 prices) and the D750's replacement will probably come quite later in the year, if it ever comes.
>>
>>3417224
It's average as far as mirrorless cameras go.
You won't be able to get 1500 frames on a charge like on DSLRs though.
>>
you have to send a 5D classic to Canon to find out shutter count

they were/are popular with wedding photographers so look at the hot shoe wear to get an idea of how hard it was used

you can look at the mirror and see if the recall reinforcement was done. a fixed mirror will have visible support bars running down each side that aren't present in the original camera
>>
Whats the best 35mm compact?
>>
>>3417534
There are a lot of contenders for it and they’re all basically the same. Your best bet is to just cruise thrift stores and antique stores and keep an eye out for compacts with fixed (non-zoom) lenses and relatively wide apertures like f/2.8 or f/3.5. Those tend to be the high end ones.

If you look for a specific 35mm compact because someone says it’s the “best”, what will happen is that you’ll be competing against all of the other shoppers looking for that same model and you’ll be paying $300+ for quality and usability you could’ve gotten for $3 by being less picky and spending a little more time looking.
>>
File: .jpg (282 KB, 1600x1083)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
new Z glass. 14-30 f/4. 82mm filters on front.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2019 (Windows)
Image Width5000
Image Height4252
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationUnknown
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2019:01:07 14:24:21
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1600
Image Height1083
>>
File: s-l225.jpg (7 KB, 225x180)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>3415064
>>3415064
Tell me thid is stupid, pretensious, gay, a waste of money, anything to make me not pull the trigger because theres one for 200 bucks and I already have the TLR.

For those of you who dont know, its a projector that uses the second lens of a TLR to project slides.
>>
>>3415533
update
>find another used copy of the same lens on the same website
>buy it despite it being like $100 more
>email and ask if i can have it for the original lower price
>they emailed me back and said that i can
sometimes good things come to those who ask if they can have the good thing
>>
I'm getting seriously tempted to buy the Nikon z6. Please talk me out of it /p/.
>>
I’ve had my eye on a Contax G2 for awhile, and every review I’ve read praises it as some god camera. Does it live up to the hype?

I plan on using it for portraits and weddings.
>>
>>3417622
14 ich der neue 16
>>
>>3417704
I’m sure they’re great but you’re rolling the dice on how soon the dials or electronics in general shit the bed

I wouldn’t be buying one for any professional purposes
>>
>>3417701
Convince yourself that you need more than one CARD SLUT in your camera.
>>
>>3417701
Unless you're really buying it for video, go for Canon instead.
>>
Anyone have any budget super telephoto recs for Pentax? I found a decent spot overlooking a beach, and I want to save up for a decently sharp lens for bikini season. It's bright and sunny here so I don't need anything too fast as long as it has reach.
>>
>>3417716
Nikon guy here but unless you got a specific reason to go Canon EOS R, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Same as the Nikon Z series unless you're invested in Nikon glass would not recommend it. Sony is the most compelling choice at the moment.

>>3417701
I recommend going Sony even if you have Nikon/Canon glass, assuming you don't shoot sport with non native lenses. Canikon still has shit to improve before it is competitive.
After Canikon improves sell the Sony assuming you still have your old lenses, switch back. So you don't get fucked with losses.
>>
>>3417716
what the fuck has the world come to
buying a nikon instead of canon for video?
>>
>>3417720
>>
>>3417720
A cheap 500mm reflex lens. If you want a non-shitty one, you can get the 8/500 Tamron SP for under 200 bucks.
>>
I'm in need of a wide-angle DX lens for astro. Going to be pairing it with my D7500, my widest lens atm is 17-50mm f/2.8 but it's not quite sharp enough for my tastes, and I'd also like to go wider.

What are my options? Fixed or zoom both work, although a zoom would be more versatile I guess.
>>
>>3417724
I call that a public relations lie. Sony has been left behind, both eos r and z series are a tech ahead. Both have superior viewfinders, and larger mount sizes. If anything, you should wait and see what Panasonic and Olympus will bring in the next few months. Other than that, ff mirrorless is canikon.
>>
>>3417737
New models. Buying older models and used sonys is still a valid option.
>>
I’ve done a bit of research and I’m leaning toward it but I wanted to ask someone who knows more than me about equipment.
Someone offered me a Canon EOS 7D and a 40D for an item worth about $1300. Shutter count around 20,000 for both. No lenses.
I know it’s a good camera but it’s hard to find modern relevant info on older cameras.
I do a bit of amateur photography and my entry level Nikon (3200).
My question is would this be worth it? What are everyone’s thoughts on this? I’d be using it for astrophotography and just documenting my trips through Europe. Any advice is appreciated.

I am indeed an amateur still learning the craft and gear is something I don’t fully understand yet.
>>
what can i use as a low cost diy difusor for a diy softbox?
>>
>>3417751
Stupid phone. The 3200 broke. I’m
Asking about the 7D
>>
>>3417736
Tokina 11-16 or 11-20 f/2.8.
>>
>>3417751
fuck no
you're getting scammed, the camera you have is better and those two cameras are worth around $500 in total
>>3417753
oh, sell the item worth $1300 instead and get an old full frame with nice glass or a compact mirrorless camera
>>
>>3417751
7D and 40D are fucking ancient. Their combined value is around $500, though they're not worth the bother since there's better options at that price. Nikon D3200, while entry level, is much more modern and the sensor in it is leaps and bounds above anything canon has made up until very recently. Stay away.
>>
>>3417756
Thank you, I'll look into those, the 11-16 looks pretty interesting.
>>
>>3417758
>>3417757
Thanks.
>>
I've got an X100S and a GR II, are either of these worth upgrading to the F or new III coming out?
>>
>>3415092
Well he's unironically one of better YT landscapers
>>
>>3415475
>Worth the price?
Definitely. But be sure to get the USB dock as well. You might need it
>>
>>3416015
>Would anyone recommend it?
Yes, better even than 7D2.
>>
>>3416065
>for very cheap
Define "very cheap"
Also you have major balls to get such camera on eTrick
>>
>>3417837
Could be this one, the date matches:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-5DS-50-6MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-Black-Body-Only-/163454651170?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

It wassold for USD1,375.55.
>>
can I just carry a gradient filter without a filter mount and shoot that way?
and are cheap gradient filters bad?
>>
>>3417837
You'd have to be an absolute moron to get scammed off ebay, but then again there are tons of morons in this world.
>>
Is a original 5d a good upgrade from a 1100d? Also is 235 euro a good price for one?
>>
>>3417941
Also forgot to mention that I really only want to upgrade to have a full frame camera. If I was happy with aps-c i'd stick with the 1100d for a few more years easily.
>>
>>3417878
yeah many photographers hold a grad filter with their hands, be careful that you're not getting a reflection that is washing out the blacks. Tiffen is fine.
>>
>>3417941
>Is a original 5d a good upgrade from a 1100d?
depends but the 5ds iso performance is about the same as your average apsc camera after 2013 but way better than the camera you have right now, same with the general performance of the sensor itself
>is 235 euro a good price for one?
yes very, depending on condition of course, doubt you're going to find anything better for that price if it's fully functional and not broken down.
>>
>>3417945

Ended up buying a used 6d instead for 400 euro and already feel buyers remorse as my original budget was 200 euro.

Also the 6d has had a shutter count of 160,000 but they claim to have kept it in good condition and that it's been looked after and that the sensor has no issues but still feel a bit sick anticipating what it's gonna be like when I get it.
>>
>>3417947

Worst case scenario I flip it on ebay and make a bit of profit because even with a high shutter count the least I see them going for is 600 euro.
>>
>>3415815
Why did you add instagram filters to this?
>>
>>3417947
>>3417949
6d is alright, good decision honestly
>>
>>3417952

Thanks, usually 400 euro would be a no brainer for one but the high shutter count still has me worried.
>>
Is the X100S still worth picking up or is the T/F worth shelling out extra for?
>>
>>3415092
Cause he is able or can afford to use a GFX.
Man I can feel your jealousy peaking.
"The one you have with you"
I enjoy his videos better than McCanon's at least it makes a connection rather than making yourself cool albeit he has quite the gear.

>>Medium format
If your passion is landscape photography then MF is a preference. I mean you have the money so why the fuck would you buy a Sony that might break if you bump it.

>>Gear doesnt matter
To certain aspects yes, as long as it can take decent photos or you are able to produce images out of it. It only starts to matter when you get paid, need resolution, editing flexibility, time savings or you want to show you have the massive dong.
>>
>>3417944
Cheap grad filters are alright as long as you can deal with the slight color shift. It only starts to show when you look at bokeh or out of focus backgrounds. Cheap ones tend to render a weird texture in bokeh and blurred BG.
>>
>>3416900
rather have an eos-m with the 22mm.
>>
>>3417072
i got a c mount adapter for my camera. Havent gotten a lens yet.
>>
>>3418057
>a man that couldn't see hypocrisy if it hit him in his head with it's twelve inch bong
>>
File: nisi.jpg (29 KB, 410x447)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Hey /p/ I'm tempted to get a circular ND filter kit like pic related, which includes ND8, ND64 and ND1000 filters (quite a good range if you ask me).

However, the brand in question is "NiSi" which I'm not familiar with and there doesn't seem to be many reviews. Similar sets are available at reasonable prices from brands like "Gobe" and "Haida", which I'm also unfamiliar with.

The most reputable brands (e.g. B+W) are prohibitively expensive, so I would only be able to buy maybe 1 filter for the same price as a set of 3 from the less-famous brand.

Has anybody on /p/ used ND filters from lesser known brands like NiSi? How was your experience? Is there a huge variation in quality between ND filter brands?

Thanks in advance.

>>
what's a good reasonably priced wide FX lens for Nikon? I'm fine with manual focus. Not sure what focal length would be best -- I'd like something with a nice wide fov but not super distorted
>>
>>3418189
tokina 11-20 f/2.8
>>
File: 1781656_original.jpg (76 KB, 800x637)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>3418057
Sure, he is doing this stuff for a living. But people who calls such videos hypocrite have a point too. In such videos, they didn't tell "gear doesn't mattah, let me grab 2000D and 18-55 to illustrate my point". They keep showing photos made with professional kits. It's not really persuasive to beginners.

Image Created2013:06:11 08:13:11
>>
File: slide_01 (1).jpg (155 KB, 1800x800)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>3418190
>tokina 11-20 f/2.8
That's a DX lens, >>3418189 asked about an FX one.

If you don't need constant f/2.8, the new Tamron 17-35mm f/2.8-4 is pretty good, not too big nor very expensive at $599:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1428432-REG/tamron_afa037n700_17_35mm_f_2_8_4_di_osd.html

Plus it takes 77mm filters.
>>
>>3418161
NiSi filters are great, don't think that you will be disappointed by them.
I personally mostly have B+W ones but I've used a friend's NiSi ones.

What you have to look for with ND filters is color cast, for example some will give a blueish/reddish/yellowish tone to your image.
>>
>>3418227
my bad I read that as DX somehow
>>3418189
tokina 16-28mm f/2.8 or tamron 10-24mm or this >>3418227
>>
File: IMG_20190109_220419.jpg (218 KB, 1080x715)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
I don't wanna judge anyone, but aren't there neoprene sleeves for the lenses? This guy just painted on his and is selling it

Image Width1080
Image Height715
Image Created2019:01:09 22:04:19
Image Height715
Image Width1080
>>
>>3418232
Another thing with filters in general, look for ones made of brass as the aluminium ones have a tendency to stick.
>>
The age old question:
An X100 series or a GR for my main camera? Not a DSLR fan.
>>
>>3418320
nether, get a mirrorless
>>
File: 1446252099718.png (318 KB, 449x425)
318 KB
318 KB PNG
>>3415064
I live in Mexico and i'm a poorfag by american standards, but recently the photography gig has been doing pretty good, so i'm looking into investing on Video-oriented gear to step my game up.

I'm an amateur when it comes to video gear. When people requested video, we shot it on DSLR's, mostly Nikon D7100's and recently a D7500 that a friend sold us for the equivalent of ~640 dollars. I've heard many say that's not the way to go for video and that i should invest in a more video dedicated camera. So here i am deciding what camera should i buy.

The only thing that's setting me back is the high cost of entry. I'm eyeing the BMPCC4K because it's not grossly overpriced, but as a primarily Nikon shooter, i have to take many additional expenses into account, like proprietary batteries and storage along with lenses and other accesories. All of this got me into an internal dilemma:

Do i REALLY need a dedicated video camera? What advantages does it offer beyond what my DSLR already does?

On the one hand, since i have Dual Citizenship, i often get hired for jobs outside the country, so i kinda do want to impress. But i feel that it's been fine so far and haven't had any issues. Will taking the leap improve my footage enough to make it worth the expenses? Should i just save even more and get the Sony AIII or something? Would a Panasonic G85 be enough? It's just so tiresome.
>>
>>3418332
>nether, get a mirrorless
You might want to re-read >>3418320's post.
>>
File: 1546923029000_1452366.jpg (270 KB, 2500x2500)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>3418335
If you want to use your F-mount lenses (with the FTZ adapter) and EN-EL15 batteries, get a Z6, right now it's pretty much the best non-pro video camera; you would have to buy XQD cards though.
The new Z-mount lenses are great (for both stills and video) and the awesome 24-70 f/4 S is "only" ~$600 if you get it as a kit.

Nikon also just announced a Z6 Filmmaker's Kit for $4,000 (roughly $650 off):
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1452366-REG/nikon_z_6_filmmaker_s_kit.html
>>
>>3418335
d7500 is good for video and for $640 you're not getting any better video quality, learn and dyi to manually focus video instead.
nikon just has shit autofocus outside of phase detect(which you can't use for video because the mirror will be locked up)
if anything save your money and get a proper sony/panasonic video camera later or even better, spend money on video equipment and tools for manual focusing which will improve your quality more than a new body will.
in short, the d7500 is amazing for video with extremely good video quality, if you're thinking of upgrading later but still want to use nikon, >>3418338 like this guy said, the z6 is really good and is getting even better thanks to nikon after so many years finally getting eye-af.
>>
Big question, why is the gearfaggotry general more civilized than the rest of /p/?
>>
>>3418338
I think it's been said before, but what kind of wacky timeline have we entered where Nikons are better than Canons in video?
>>
>>3418340
Don't fool yourself. It's the same people in the gear thread as outside gearthread. The board isn't large enough for that kind of difference.

Shills just eventually come to realisation they are a drop in the ocean. Even if they dedicated their life to a brand it would change nothing.
>>
>>3418338
>That price

Ouch! I mean, i know it's softened by the fact that i won't have to do any additional expenses, but i was really hoping for something under the >2,000$ range, maybe orbiting the $1,000 dollar range if by another company to account for additional expenses i'd have to make. Please understand. My coin is worthless. Will keep in mind if i keep a lucky streak, though.

>>3418339
I already focus manually. I'm pretty self-taught, but been to minor movie sets so have some awareness of filmmaking tricks. None of the cameras i have get OIS, so i've made some custom changes to a neat little shoulder rig for simple, but not quite perfect tracking shots, alongside a Zoom H1N for recording audio and a simple Takstar Camera Mic much like the Rode in your Pic. Don't have a professional stabilizer like that though. I always assumed having both IBIS + Stabilized lenses would make it so it wouldn't be necessary to carry that much gear, especially in out-of-country travels, which is why i was interested in the G85 as it fulfilled most of my requirements, seemed to shoot pretty great footage and fits my budget. So going back to my dilemma, what are the advantages of a dedicated video camera? Would it actually be worth for me to upgrade based on my budget constraints? Or should i just get another D7500?
>>
>>3418354
you answered your own question, the g85 will save you a lot of space and weight and based on what you're saying I'm guessing that's important to you, but personally if I were you I'd just get a compact gimbal you carry from the top but I'm not you and I don't do much video so take that as you will.
>>
>>3418346
Nikon pretty much never cared for video before the Z6 and Z7 but right now they're going all-out while Canon still crimple their cameras to protect their professional Cinema EOS line.
>>
Can anyone tell me more about video floppy discs. I can't really find any information about it online. Seems like the readers don't exist anymore. Would this technically fall under an analog camera?

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 40D
Camera SoftwareACD Systems Digital Imaging
Firmware Version40D
Owner Namermware Version 1.0.5
Serial Number0820511781
Image Created2008:06:21 20:27:05
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/11.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length55.00 mm
Image Width620
Image Height422
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
I'm dumb and I have both an X100 and a GR II for some reason. Should I just sell both and upgrade to the X100F or the GR III when it comes out? I'll have trouble deciding, but I don't really see the need for both except for the focal length difference... though I could always get the wide angle adapter for the X100.
>>
How many cameras have you owned, and how many of those do you still own?

As far as I can remember, with a * next to ones I still own:
Nikon D90
Nikon FA*
Yashica Mat
Yashica Electro 35
Canonet QL17 GIII
Nikon F3*
Ricoh GR*
Leica M3
Nikon F100*
Nikon D600
Rollei 35
Olympus E-M1
Nikon D700
Bronica SQ-A*
Nikon D810*
>>
>>3418436
Following in the same suit

Nikon D3000
Nikon D5100
Fuji x-e1
Fuji x-pro1
Fuji x-pro2*
Nikon F2
Olympus Stylus Epic*
Yashica Samurai x3.0*
Mavica FD88*
Mavica FD83*
Canon Powershot G2*
Fuji DS-330*
Fuji 4700z*
Olympus D320L*
Canon Rebel 2000*
Digital Holga*
>>
Would buying a used Sony a5000 body for $175 and a $75 35mm lens from Amazon a good beginner bundle? I want a small camera I can carry on me for street photography.
>>
Can someone please recommend me some good vintage wide angle lenses for less than a $100?
Canon FDn 35mm f/2.8 seems to be pretty good
but what else can I get?
>>
>>3418436
Canon PowerShot A710 IS
Nikon D5100
NIKON D7000
Nikon F5
Nikon D800x2
Fuji x100t
Sold allready all dx Nikon's, nowdays I only own the film and FX Nikon's. Planning to sell those for Fuji X-Pro2 and Fuji lenses.
>>
File: 2987364.jpg (1007 KB, 1840x1104)
1007 KB
1007 KB JPG
Looking for a tiny bag, only needs to hold 600D with kit lens, spare battery and CPL filter.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 600D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.7
Image Width1920
Image Height1280
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2018:08:05 13:29:51
Exposure Time1/4000 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length55.00 mm
Image Width1840
Image Height1104
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: pentaxinapeartree.jpg (128 KB, 960x540)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>3415096
maybe it was time to let go
>>
How do you all go about upgrading? Do you sell your old stuff off first and then buy the new thing, or the other way around?

Also should I go the KEH/B&H/Adorama route or eBay?
>>
>>3418500
Pretty bad camera and shitty lens. Wouldn't actually go that low myself except if otherwise it wasn't possible to photograph at all.

Not sure how much you're willing to pay though. If it's just $250, you're essentially stuck with cameras I'd never bother to bring along.
Maybe an A6000 with a better prime lens like the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 is still in your budget?
>>
>>3418587
I tend to buy the new thing first, and then I get rid of my old stuff. Selling it, presenting it to someone, electronics trash - depends on how much it's still worth.

I pretty much always got rid of something when purchasing another thing recently, the newer gear generally completely obsoleted what I had before.

> Also should I go the KEH/B&H/Adorama route or eBay?
Depends on what warranty services you can expect/need. I bought some gear from local stores for that reason.

But I also took a slight risk and bought expensive lenses off eBay [from HongKong or Singapore or something]. On the store end, it's just a purchase either way.
>>
>>3418592
I meant more what's the best way to sell the old gear.
>>
>>3418320
Purpose?
>>
>>3418599
> How to sell
Yea, that's the multi-trillion commerce question.

Realistically you probably need to throw it up on the usual local and international sales platforms and forfeit x percent of the sale price if it happens. Which is probably slowly for anything other than past high-end gear. The market for older midrange and lower end gear is usually slow, unless you ask a very low price.
>>
>>3418384

No, despite floppy disks being a physical medium, the data itself, drives, hardware and software to read/write said data, etc. are all digital.

You can easily find a USB floppy drive and new disks on Amazon or ebay. They're slow and have very little space (1.4MB), but they work!
>>
>>3418600
Street, candids of friends/family, snapshits of whatever looks interesting
>>
>>3418568
man I would totally use a pentax camera, the k1 is so sexy but I'm ending up upgrading to a d810 instead thanks to a lot of nikkor glass.
>>
>>3418384
Yes, they’re analog.
>>3418609
No, they’re analog.

The “video floppy disks” that those cameras used was not the same as the floppy disks we used to use in computers (both in form factor and in format). Ie, it’s not writing digital files to the disk in a file system. Instead, it’s writing a frame of analog video to a track on the disk, basically in the same way a VHS or audio cassette works. So, magnetic storage, but analog magnetic storage rather than digital magnetic storage.

This is not to be confused with cameras like the Mavica, which is actually a digital camera and writes digital files to a regular digital floppy disk.
>>
>>3418631
What technology would you need to digitize the video floppy disc? I'm having a hard time locating information regarding this. From my understanding you need a FV-540 to digitize but it was the only one of that type ever made. I read you need to use a video capture card to fitted to a computer as an alternative. Do you have any idea what that would entail?
>>
>>3418635
>What technology would you need to digitize the video floppy disc?
Probably a capture stick. A really cheap Chinese thing might be adequate.

Connect the outputs from the player (the recorder itself?) from back then to that card instead of a TV, hit record in software, play on the player.
>>
>>3418641
It seems they sell cheap USB vhs recorders and the comments mention using obs to capture. I'll look into obs but it seems pretty straight forward at that point.
>>
>>3418643
> It seems they sell cheap USB vhs recorders
Yea, the devices with composite ins are ~$5-6 with shipping on Ali. Surely they're not flawless, but ancient video sources usually don't require more.
>>
File: MVIMG_20190110_115031.jpg (2.44 MB, 4032x3024)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB JPG
>>3415064
I bought all of this at a pawn shop for about $400. I'm new to taking photos so I guess I just wanted something entry level at the time.
>>
File: 1541766399760.webm (1.91 MB, 450x338)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB WEBM
>>3418675
Seems good to me. Nice catch with lenses, pretty much got all you need covered.
Good luck with learning.
>>
>>3418635
Yeah, pretty much video capture card, then take a capture of the video played from the camera.

Honestly you’d probably do just as well to hook it up to a TV and take a photo of the TV. Do you have a specific photo on a video floppy you need to bring into the modern era, or are you just thinking about buying one of these cameras for the lulz?
>>
>>3416694
I keked audibly
>>
Is it worth buying a 6d for 420$ if it has 160,000 shutter actuations? looks like it's in a good condition from the pictures and he says everything is working perfectly without any problems
>>
>>3415292
it's pretty nice but doesn't do AF-D
>>
>>3416552
Just get the 50mm 1.4 Ai-s $100-$150 mint condition. Or if you like a long, long focus throw but don't need a huge aperture the 55mm 2.8 AI-s micro is smooth as butter. $150-200 for mint condition.
>>
>>3418675
55-200 non vr is pretty poopy though
>>
File: DSC08891_750p.jpg (61 KB, 750x530)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>3418718
I picked one up. I really like the process and I really want to try and scan some film negatives with it as well. I picked one up with a whole ton of cords and batteries, paid 40% less than the asking price. I own a few mavicas and would enjoy writing about this Canon camera that predates them for my website. I haven't found a lot of information regarding the process and use of this particular camera.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-3000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)69 mm
Image Width5456
Image Height3632
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2015:06:23 09:17:33
Exposure Time1/15 sec
F-Numberf/22.0
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/22.0
Brightness7.5 EV
Exposure Bias0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory, Return Not Detected
Focal Length46.00 mm
Image Width750
Image Height530
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3418731
They threw the lenses in, I wasn't about to turn them down. Although I do agree that one in particular I rarely use since the stabilization always comes out really shitty.
>>
>>3418675
The D3100 is still nice (avoid going over ISO800 though), it was my main camera until I got my Z7 last month.
The main drawback is that you can't use the newer AF-P lenses with it.

Try getting a 35mm f/1.8G DX when funds permit, you should be able to find one easily.
>>
>>3418735
>stabilization always comes out really shitty.
because it has no stabilization

>The D3100 is still nice (avoid going over ISO800 though), it was my main camera until I got my Z7 last month.
That was a hell of an upgrade.
How do you like the Z 7 so far?
What lenses are you using on it?
>>
>>3418733
That is a ridiculous purchase and a ridiculous use you plan to put it to and I’m really hopeful that you get cool results and look forward to seeing them. Godspeed!
>>
>>3418746
Love it so far, mostly using the 24-70mm f/4 S and my Tamron F017 90mm f2.8 (it works but it's not optimal for now, sometimes it's perfect and sometimes the camera cannot control the apeture and acts as if a non-CPU lens was connected; waiting for Tamron to release an updated firmware).

DX lenses are currently forced into DX crop (unlike on FX DSLR where you can force the camera into FX mode for the few lenses that cover the FX area) but my Samyang 8mm f/3.5 defaults to FX and works in both (people have been reporting erratic behavior from some chipped Samyang lenses but this one works properly on my Z7).
>>
File: 4644649700_016430f32f.jpg (92 KB, 500x352)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>3418749
Did my math wrong, paid 60% less. Can't find these on eBay. Ideally I'd like to try scanning with it but I have to make sure that it actually works. Hoping to get some really grainy pictures. I'll be sure to make a thread sometime
>>
>>3416611
what site is this?
>>
>>3418757
Camerasize.com
>>
There's this time every now and then, that I feel I just have to buy some gear, otherwise I'll explode. For now I'm keeping myself at bay with "I won't buy anything before I'll sell unused stuff", but I don't know long I'll stay strong.

How to deal with it? I celarly don't need next camera, my Mat 124 doesn't get enoguh love anyway.
>>
>>3418768
here's what you do, learn /diy/ and start ordering shitton of shit from aliexpress to make equipment with.
>>
File: themoreyouknow2.jpg (46 KB, 900x655)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>3418631

Huh, I did not know that, thanks for the correction. I'm just used to Mavicas and computers.
>>
>>3418768
>How to deal with it?
Me? I just buy more gear. I've given in to the gearfaggotry. I let it wash over me and through me, saturating me to the bone.

I can usually quell the beast by buying cheap stuff, though. Like point & shoot film cameras from Goodwill.

>>3418779
Yeah, they're a weird niche that only existed for a very short time. I think I've got one at my parents' house in the back of a closet somewhere.
>>
File: nikon-and-sony.jpg (60 KB, 720x477)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Does anyone know what adapter is this?The only thing I know that it's nikon f to sony e but can't find the exact one.I would get whatever but most adapters look like shit and this one looks like it actually belongs for a change.

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D80
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.4
Color Filter Array Pattern958
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)157 mm
Image Width3872
Image Height2592
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2015:02:25 17:49:40
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/20.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/20.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance0.79 m
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Auto, Return Not Detected
Focal Length105.00 mm
Commenthttp://Radojuva.com.ua
Image Width720
Image Height477
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Gain ControlNone
ContrastHard
SaturationHigh
SharpnessHard
>>
>>3418867

>here you go anon

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Andoer-Adapter-Mount-Ring-for-Nikon-Lens-to-Sony-E-NEX-Mount-NEX3-NEX5-Camera/32788435316.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.64.67bc175bLfUMvX&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_3_10065_10068_10130_10890_10547_319_10546_317_10548_10545_10696_453_10084_454_10083_10618_431_10307_537_536_10059_10884_10887_100031_321_322_10103,searchweb201603_51,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=0c79caba-8535-4c71-98b2-976a16b46730-11&algo_pvid=0c79caba-8535-4c71-98b2-976a16b46730&transAbTest=ae803_5

>this one doesn't work for G series lenses, just lenses with an aperture ring.
>>
>>3418873
>>3418867
It's probably better to get one that has Shifting built in.

Makes your system more versatile for architecture.
>>
>>3418768
I just buy cheap (<$40) used lenses online to hold me over. But I'm slowly saving for a big buy. Thinking of a Sony A7ii or a Nikon Df, not sure which direction I want to go.
>>
>>3418913
I have a Sony A7II and adapting old glass on that worked like a charm
>>
I was watching a youtube channel (KINETEK) about tips and tricks for making your video/film better and there's an insane amount of knowledge required to make a shot look good in terms of lighting, etc.

Yet a lot of documentaries are filmed in all kinds of unpredictable situations and still look good. Nothing too dark or exposed. How? What's a good all around camera for filming random daytime stuff and what approx settings?
>>
>>3418771
Well it started, I have oredered COB LEDs to make my own light to scan films with DSLR. Would be easier to buy, probably, but I'd like to try to do it by myself. Recent GAS dreams have expanded my expectations to 4x5, so I might end up just buying V700.

>>3418817
It appears I'm at the edge of this pond too. I am already browsing the old p&s cameras, inspired by digishit thread.

>>3418913
As much as I'm Nikon guy, I'd say, A7II. Df looks like a dead end, especially with Z sytem taking over Nikon's r&d. Also it looks like A7 would be much better suited for adapting those vintage lenses, as F mount is long as fuck and adapting anything, even m42, requires tubes with extra glass in them. Only way Df could win my heart is bottom low bargain price.

To sum up, there's no escape and I should just buy stuff. I'm ok with it, thank you for reassuring me!
>>
>>3418917
>>3418927

Yeah that's sadly my feeling too. I love trad viewfinders and I love the controls on the Df, but the price is not feasible for the specs, and the compatibility is abysmal. An A7ii is almost half the price of a Df

I KNOW I would love the Df, I know it would be a joy to use, but I also know that eventually I would hit the wall of not being able to do what I wanted to do with it.

And yes, there is no cure for buying gear, just try not to buy garbage. (My recent cheap lens buys have all been poorly described and I ended up with broken lenses with the wrong mount)
>>
>>3418930
You can always try analog for a fraction of the Df price. If you'll mainly shoot digital it will be like a roll a week or so. You can even venture into the medium format with TLR cameras. That's what I'm doing with Yashica Mat 124.
>>
tfw 10 minutes too late from buying a Nikon 80-200 2.8 for 170$ :(
>>
>>3418930
>>3418927
>>3418917
I bought the A7ii.
And I think it sucks.
Noise is crop sensor tier.
Colors look weird
Ergonomics are bad.
Can't reliably find buttons without looking.
Save a little more and buy a Z6.
>>
>>3417837
eBay is 100% purchaser biased, it's impossible to be scammed (unless you're the seller, then it's very easy.)
>>
>>3415292
I have one of them (upgraded from the D5600) and I love it for the same reasons you're mentioning: way better features and controls. The low-light preformance is pretty great too, ISO is very smooth. Custom controls are great to play around with too.

I also felt the same way about lenses. I would love to have a 750, but I'd need to break the bank to get all new FX glass for it, so I figured I can save that for later down the line
>>
>>3418436
Canon Powershot A400
Canon Powershot Pro1
Leica D-Lux 6
Nikon D5600*
Polaroid Pic 300*
Minolta SRT-SC*
Nikon D7500*
>>
>>3417661
You should be able to get a used MF slide projector that performs better than this for $200.

The viewing lens in TLRs is usually a simpler cheaper design than the taking lens with a fixed fast aperture that's definitely not intended for projection.
>>
>>3418946
Yeah I have a nice film camera with a nice Helios 44M lens. I love it, but I can't afford to keep processing film. I've shot three rolls so far.

>>3418982
That's what I was worried about. Makes more sense anyway, since all my glass is Nikon.
>>
>>3419090
Yeah the canon to sony af adapters work ok but the nikon to sony af ones are not that good yet.

I tried to get used to manual focusing my AF-S lenses on the sony but it was inaccurate and slow and most modern AF-S glass just wasn't meant to be manually focused all the time. The focus throws are just too short. Old manual glass is a different story. More accurate but still slow and I didn't like the way the sony does it's focus zooming. It would exit the zoom as soon as I tried to meter.
>>
Anyone have any experience with the X100 wide and tele converters? I really don't feel like buying into a camera system as I love my X100F, but sometimes I get an itch to try out some portraits or the like that aren't just environmental portraits. Leaning towards considering the teleconverter, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.
>>
I'm drunk and I wanna buy something
suggest nice M42 lenses that I can buy on the german ebay for less than 100€
wide angle and tele preferred
>>
>>3419135
something radioactive would be cool too
>>
>>3419135
Recently got myself Chinon 55/1.7 (M42) and Chinon 55-225/3.5-4.5 with macro (PK) lenses.
Can recommend.
>>
>>3419135

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Plan-Toys-My-First-Camera-Kids-Toy/123493464154?hash=item1cc0c8b85a:g:8Z8AAOSwqOFb7qXT:rk:3:pf:0 The depth of fied on this guy is crazy dude, well below your budget too ;)
>>
Found my dad's AE-1 and have been playing around with that as an intro to photography. I'd now like to get a modern camera for instant feedback - I was thinking a Fuji X-T2. Thoughts on this as a "first" camera?
>>
>>3419137
got way too lenses around 50mm and I'm not a fan of older zoom stuff, but thanks mate. found a Beroflex 500mm for cheap
>>3419141
would nice to shoot some nudes of your mum, but I think I'll need something more wide
>>
>>3418873
oh man,thanks a lot anon, did not expect anyone to find it.

>>3418906
tilt shift is not my thing but thx for suggestion
>>
>>3419168
You're welcome anon.
>I thought about trolling you but then decided to be nice.
Lucky you.
>>
bump
>>
>>3419212
Look at what you've done
You going to make a new thread then?
>>
>>3419214
>>3419217
>>3419217
>>3419217
>>
>>3418436
nikon D7000*

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.