[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 48 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

Show me your best bags.

currently using pic attached but sold all my lenses besides a 24-70 & 70-200. So i'm looking to downsize into a sling bag that can carry both.

Rekon its worth it? or should i just go with a slightly smaller backpack?
>>
>>3393545
not even close

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width593
Image Height784
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:11:30 11:22:46
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width363
Image Height784
>>
>>3393546
how does that work out for you on hikes?
do they make a 4x4 edition? mud wheels, ect.?
>>
>>3393545
>Petermckinnontoldmetobuyitsoidid.jpg
Imagine being this much of a sheep
>>
Work bag
>>
effay bag
>>
I‘m searching for a bag as well.
>backpack
>opens from the back but NOT from the sides, top or front (top only if you can deprecate the important stuff
>14“ notebook pocket
>Secure pocket you can store phone, keys, wallet etc

Saw OP‘s back today on „offer“ during Amazon’s cyber week but I don’t really dig the „hurr tactical“ look.
>>
File: 8101WNT.png (88 KB, 602x563)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>
>Amazon Basics Backpack for SLR/DSLR
This is what I have, $30, basic and does the job, has what you described, I've had it for a year now, good quality and holds up to 5 to 6 lenses including the body
>>
>>3393576
Forgot to reply to you, captcha was being a gay, post above me fits what you need
>>
>>3393600
>>3393601
Thanks for the reply but it seems like this backpack opens like a regular backpack. With “opens from the back” I meant the body part, back.
Kinda like pic related.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width630
Image Height600
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3393610
Look at the Lowepro hatchback line
>>
>>3393545
I just did the same anon and went with a Peak Design sling as my everyday bag. For hiking I purchased one of the Peak Design camera cubes so I can toss it into a "real" hiking backpack.
>>
I primarily carry my camera on me but I can put it in a compartment in my hiking bag.

If I were to buy a bag specifically to hold gear, it would be this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPK4CbKTWJs

No shill, but if you can throw a bag 100 feet off the side of a fucking cliff and have your gear inside untouched, it seems like it's worth the $200 investment.
>>
>>3393545
got the peak design 30L backpack, it can carry a shitload. Kind of pricey, but worth it
>>
is there any shoulder bag for 70-200 / 300mm lenses?
>>
>>3393717
Full frame or mirrorless? Either way, check out Peak Design.
>>
File: bag.jpg (2.71 MB, 5312x2988)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB JPG
Not my picture, but I have the same bag. If you don't give a shit about protection, this thing can fit your entire camera bag if you wanted it to.
>>
This one is my tourist bag.
Fits my 18-135 zoom on on the camera, cleaning kit and wallet.
>>
File: Ortlieb Aqua-Cam.jpg (327 KB, 2000x2000)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
This one is my water proof bag.

Not just water proof, but also 100% airtight.
>>
>>3393864
>100% airtight
Idiot, that's bad! You want your bag to breathe for cases when you have wet gear.
>>
>>3393868
If you're going to be in that situation, just use silica gel in the bag.
>>
>>3393600
I have this bag and I don't like it. I have their older orange-lined regular shoulder bag and it's fucking way nicer. You can tell they cheaped on quality with this newer iteration
>>
>>3393869
Silica is good for some light humidity. Waterproof fabric is made out of fabric so it's breathing. This thing would be like carrying your cam in a plastic bag. In a humid environment it'll get damp just by opening it, and there will be no way to get it out. Ok, it's not crazy bad, should just keep a towel in at all times, and shoot something that's not Sony.
>>
I'm actually considering manufacturing my own kind of camera backpack because every one I try never seems to be a home run, and I'm looking for a specific feature or 2 that nothing is currently offering.

What do you all look for in a camera bag? Seems like the 2 most popular kinds are messengers/backpacks, which kind do you use and why? Any features you wish your camera bag had?

Do you use a backpack to haul most of your gear or do you use it more for essentials? I usually pack all of my gear in a bag but I'm wondering where the line is people draw when they go from using a backpack to bringing a pelican case with their gear in it.
>>
>>3393549
Kek
>>
>>3393916
bagpack
>I need water, food, clothes, maybe tripod
sidebag
>I need camera, few lenses
pocket, strap
>camera, one lens max
30l backpack plus sidebag
>need for having camera at hand, water, food, camping equipment, safety equipment, camera, two three extra lenses
>>
>>3393864
I carry something similar except with some cheap lens holders attached off ali express
>>
File: lowepro freeline.jpg (33 KB, 700x700)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
I've had this backpack for about a month. No complaints so far. Chose the FreeLine over the Peak Design because I don't like the latch/flap system on my Everyday Messenger Bag.
>>
>>3393545
Great bag. I love mine.
>>
>>3393610
Lowepro Flipside 400AW is what I have, it is a good backpack, fits most of my gear as well.
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 300x300)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
bought this and highly regret buying this messenger/bicycle bag, looks cool but the top part that folds over is pretty obtrusive
>>
>>3393716
are there any chinese knockoffs?
>>
I'd need a front holding chest strap/fannypack but one that doesn't bulge from the side of my hip, but is more accessible from my front left breast/chest, kinda like how/where police officers have their walkie-talkie mic/speaker located.

It'd be carrying my a6000 + an extra lens.
I really like changing lenses on the fly, but never have a place to easily put the removed lens/have a free hand.

Having stuff close to my hip tends to fly about or give me a wider footprint which sucks amongst crowds.

Sounds stupid, but basically a hybrid of a small bag height-adustably attached to pants-suspenders would be the ideal solution.
If I have to DIY something I can; good with needle and thread, so even a /p/ recommended fannypack that has a little rigidity can be modified.

pic related, just not so huge.>
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (17 KB, 300x300)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>3398996
Forgot pic.
>>
File: tropos_side_black.jpg (31 KB, 570x760)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
the best i could find, fits my needs for traveling with a M/43 system, accessories, laptop and stuff i use to hike and shnitz like that.
>>
File: 9921_lp250fpawii-1.jpg (570 KB, 2000x2000)
570 KB
570 KB JPG
The perfect backpack doesn't ex-
>>
Domke F-803 is the perfect size bag
nicely fits a Leica M- body, a few lenses, meter, and film.
fits a 13" macbook and a novel when not used for a camera
>>
>>3399706
I've had one of these for probably 8 years now. It's a very legit bag for small cameras, leica/a6000ish/fuji.

good shit. haha
>>
File: lowepro m-trekker bp 150.jpg (555 KB, 1426x1000)
555 KB
555 KB JPG
>>3396963
^
>Anyone knows a backpack that’s similar to the Lowepro M-Trekker BP 150 but a little bit larger?
>>looks like a normal backpack
>>opens from the back (body) but not from the sides and if from the top can be parted = secure
>>notebook sleeve (14”)
>>room for everyday carry stuff
>>no cheap chink shit
>inside pockets on the backsleeve that can be reached when not fully opened for wallet, key, phone etc

I looked trough so many shop pages and backpacks, couldnt find anything so far that fit my needs. Pic related is not bad but too small.
>>
>>3393545
Get a Lenovo Passage 17, honestly a banger fucking pack
>>
File: 20181017_201836.jpg (2.25 MB, 2448x3264)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB JPG
I bought this a month and a half ago before going to a 3 week vacation. It proved to be an excellent choice in all regards.
Cullman Ultralight Daypack 300.
I scoured several stores and checked dozens of backpacks. The final choice was between this one and Lowepro Flipside 300. Very glad I went this way, the Lowepro is just too bulky.
>>
>>3398962
Isn't that a dry bag? What did you expect?
>>
>>3400008
me again. after searching even more, even on kickstarter, I stumpled upon this backback. It has a lot of pockets for my just throw in shit and my notebook fits. I like the idea of making it smaller/bigger depending on what you need.
https://www.riut.co.uk/collections/all-products/products/riutbag-x25-black

It has no speration system like a regular camera backback, do you think one could use partition inserts to keep the gear organized (MILC user)? Another idea would be to make an inner shelf out of eg. XPVC/Sintra/PVC Foam and put velcro on it to use regular deviders found in every camera backpack.
>>
File: 100-9369_1.jpg (49 KB, 670x535)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
for when I need to bring the kitchen sink
>>
>>3401646
based necroposter
>>
>>3393550
The fact that you can clip shit to the outside of the bag is a big enough selling point not to mention good ergonomics for hiking, plus it's pretty tough for travelling. Only downside is that it's like 3kg empty. You'd probably recognise the benefit of a heavy duty backpack if you went outside for more than 5 minutes at a time.
>>
>>3401739
I'm not sure I'd appreciate if my fucking camera bag were that heavy empty. Thot """hikes""" where you can still see pavement roads in their selfies sure, actual decent hiking that has you go on a rocky road at the base of the place for a bit over an hour on car before you even start hiking, I doubt.
>>
File: 1529281308458.jpg (1.52 MB, 3264x1836)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>3401739
> 3kg empty
> for hiking,
Why don't you just put up an affiliate link for your shitbag you shill.
>>
>>3401951
Eh, 3 lenses a body and a drone leaves it at 7kg, can hike all day with that on without getting too sore. I love mine for travelling, don't feel worried anything might get smashed if it gets treated badly.
>>
>>3401951
is the canned air for huffing?
>>
>>3399218
And it's $30 on sale. I paid more than twice that for mine. It will fit a DSLR with a 70-200mm attached.

https://slickdeals.net/f/12412321-lowepro-fastpack-250-dslr-widescreen-notebook-backpack-30-free-s-h?src=frontpage
>>
File: 71iNRD6uokL._SL1300_.jpg (246 KB, 1300x1300)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
Just bought pic related after using a regular swiss army bookbag for years.
>>
File: petrolbags.jpg (36 KB, 690x690)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Petrol PD336. Currently discontinued but there are a few new/used bags still out there.

Before, I had a more traditional Tamrac backpack (which was still a great pack) with a main compartment for the camera/lenses and a smaller compartment on top for accessories. But since I'm often shooting fast-paced assignments, I would occasionally forget to close one of the compartments and well, I damaged two lenses on two different occasions since they fell out.

So I got the pack pictured. It stands up so you won't get shit on your back from laying a more traditional backpack on the ground and there's no risk of any lenses falling out if you forget to zip up the top. Also, you can fit the camera in the pack even with a 100-400mm lens attached with having something like the Canon 135L in the compartment directly below it.

There's room for 6 lenses on the bottom (6 compartments). I just dislike how big it is and how much wasted space there is on the top where the camera rests. You can't tell from the pic, but when zipped up, that part is rather bulbous, probably to hold a camera body with an attached grip. Still, lots of wasted space there.

I've looked for hours but haven't found anything quite like that bag. I love the idea, I just want to see it refined. Slimmer and more streamlined possibly with the ability to stack two lenses height-wise, keeping the majority of the weight closer to the person's body. Don't care about the lack of a laptop/tablet compartment.
>>
File: Skymaster_40_1500px.jpg (262 KB, 1500x1500)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
I'm generally travelling through SEA or EA for 3 months or so each year, so I just use inserts for my gear, or wrap them in bubble wrap and clothes. Having a good travel bag capable of holding camera shit was more important than a good camera bag capable of holding shit.
>>
>>3393574
>>3393575
Think you got it backwards my dude
>>
>>3398962
My bag has a double opening design. You can roll over for maximum dry, or you can just pull it closed for enhanced capacity + convenience.

I actually love the bag, but it's not designed for cameras and definitely not good for the back. They have a new design that I think I'll replace mine with.

This is mine
https://www.stighlorgan.com/product/rolltop-shoulder-bag-murphy-black/

This is the new one
https://www.stighlorgan.com/product/backpack-rolltop-shoulder-bag-raan-mid/
>>
File: CAMBAG-PRESTON.jpg (226 KB, 1600x1600)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
my new bag
>>
File: 1536974266837.png (177 KB, 970x340)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>3402959
>>3402872
>>3402692
>bags barely wide enough for a FF camera w/ battery grip
>>
>>3399218
Actual decent photog hiking bag right here
>>
File: image0.png (294 KB, 578x434)
294 KB
294 KB PNG
>>3402968
those bags are sufficient for 2 bodies and some lenses.
>>
>>3393545

looks like the same bag I have. excellent bag

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.