[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 99990_195835_1.jpg (165 KB, 1694x1436)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>
>>1532009
If you hate yourself, and want to rub your skin raw, sure.
>>
>>1532009
God no. I remember the one time I did 11 hours hike in them. Granted, they weren't the best sandals, but I tore the skin off of both of my heels, and was blistered to fuck on the other major parts of me feet for weeks. Get good boots, wear them in, and use them
>>
>>1532009
Honestly terrible idea
>>
File: keenf256109_142620_jb.jpg (48 KB, 450x280)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
keens
>>
I wear astral
>>
>>1532009
I know plenty of people who have thru hiked in either chocos or bedrocks. Go for some test hikes first, there's definitely an adjustment period. I hiked the Tahoe rim trail in bedrocks and loved them. Tend to stick to trails runners though.
>>
>>1532110
Doesn't the part between your toes cause a lot of friction?
>>
bedrocks are good. keen soles have terrible grip on rock.
>>
>>1532009
i wouldn't do open toe personally
but in my experience (not a thru hiker) sandals work just as well as other footwear on the AT as long as you aren't retarded.
go look at what actual thru hikers wear though. plenty of sandals.
also it's pretty nice to never have hot feet or deal with the problems of rain.
>>
Seems like they couldn't be too bad. A lot of our ancestors were sandals or went barefooted didn't they? Didn't Jesus walk around a lot in sandals?
>>
>>1532009
I was doing a 12 mile loop through a canyon with a lot of water crossings, so I thought “sandals!” Couldn’t find the scramble out and ended up doing 23 miles in sandals. Rubbed every inch of my feet raw and completely fucked my ankle.
>>
>>1532089
>>1532020
>>1532032
How do you feel about sandals for day hiking? I'm normally a slides/sandals person and I tried hiking for the first time recently in running shoes and my feet felt reasonable. Not sure whether I want to buy hiking shoes or sandals as an upgrade
>>
>>1532091
I’ve had 2 pairs of these and they’ve both fallen apart. Others use them way harder with better results so I don’t know what the deal is.

>>1532009
Chaco
>>
>>1534893
How long ago was that?
They had a problem with quality control a few years back and i had the same thing happen.
They seem to be back to bulletproof again
>>
>>1534981
Not OP but I have a pair of the leather Keen Newports (mfr 2019?) I'm testing for outdoors right now.
>>
>>1532730
It did initially, thats part of the adjustment period. Any new shoe will rub different parts of the foot. You can wear socks to ease the transition..
>>
>>1533364
they're better suited for something like a canoe/kayak trip. i can usually walk 10ish miles before the rubbing on the heel becomes an issue
>>
Sure if you want to invite ticks to feast on your feet
>>
>>1532754
Were not the
>>1532754
Desert Fathers probably did, too.
>>
>>1537864
technically not wrong but only really happens going off the trail with no repellent

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.