[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: DJI_0146.jpg (3.67 MB, 3702x2777)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB JPG
So we're going to Western US. Not sure when but it's within a year. Most likely off season (September, March, May)
Now, I know a month can be very different from one another.
So here's the deal: we love /out/ing as a couple, but I am the only one who already traveled a bit through California. I'd like some recommendation for hikes (and nice driving roads to get there) not overloaded with people, not too easy but not too long neither (we don't know if we're going to camp or not, but let's start with a day hike for now) with a nice payoff.
Anyway, any recommendation?
California/Oregon/Washington if possible. Thanks burgers!

Pic unrelated but it's a nice half-day hike in Norway if you're interested
>>
>Cali
>Oregon
>Washington
Have fun getting AIDS, heroin addiction, and robbed by injuns
>>
>>1514409
Not everyone has the same shitty power of judgement as you.
Also
>best coast
>>
>>1514389
Gila County and Coconino County of northern Arizona. It's all national forest up there. Sedona, Arizona is nice too. All nice mountainous driving. Snows in northern AZ too. Not just hot desert like the rest of AZ. West Coast, worst coast - don't @ me.
>>
>>1514389
>not too easy but not too long neither
>California/Oregon/Washington
Umm...define too long and starting destination because that big.
>>
File: fixedw_large_4x.jpg (178 KB, 960x639)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
If you're coming all this way and love nature, I suggest visiting the coastline of Washington Oregon or NORTHERN California.

Pic related is kalaloch Beach in Washington. Beach 4 to be specific. The drive is beautiful, through the Olympic national forest, and has black sand beaches.

Its the biggest clash of nature I've seen. You get bald eagles, deer, and wildlife. The tide pools trap urchans, starfish, sometimes stingrays, and tons of other ocean life. I've also seen whales in the distance too.

Walk as long or short as you wish up the coastline.
>>
>>1514699
What I meant is no multiple days hike. Single day hike because we haven’t planned anything else yet, we don’t know if we’re going to rent a tent or a lodge or anything yet. But we’re going to hike for sure.

>>1514657
Thanks, AZ is a possibility.

>>1514725
Very good, thanks. Are we allowed to pick up urchins?
>>
>>1514738
leave the urchins alone, chum
>>
>>1514738
Give the desert a shot,there's a bunch in california and oregon. It's something you can't experience in yurop
>>
>>1514409
That’s a stereotype! Indians don’t rob me people, they sell them drugs.
>>
>>1514389
Coastal route 1
>>
>>1514389
Make sure if you want to visit any National Parks that you buy tickets ASAP or sign up for a lottery for a ticket. Some national parks have a waiting list for entry.
>>
File: AZFR300.jpg (254 KB, 2000x1334)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>1514738
For AZ as the other anon noted the mountain forest drives are really nice and near dozens of hiking trails and small trout lakes and streams and a skiing area. AZ SR 260 and US 191 in particular, winter is harsh along the upper reaches. US 260 reaches 9,190 ft ASL (2800m 3rd highest paved road in AZ) and is closed usually from Dec-March due to multiple ft of snow and ice and US 191 Coronado trail sections reaches 9,330 ft (2840m 2nd highest paved road in AZ) and can be closed during snow storms in winter as well. The rainiest and highest elevation towns in AZ are also on these routes. For the coast all I have to say is the Oregon coast is amazing, try to avoid portland though.
>>
>>1514389
Go BC canada instead. Trust me

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.