[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 136 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1499385912919.jpg (1.01 MB, 2000x1407)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
Are people who claim to enjoy the city life retarded/conditioned or is it a legitimate preferance a healthy human can have?

Serious question, have a friend who I like talking to, but whenever she visits my small country town she talks about how she could not live without being able to meet new people or visit different venues/social events whenever she feels like it. I really would like to try to understand that.
inb4 >slut
she ain't a slut, but bluepilled af and depressed
>>
>>1514122
Probably due to the type of social she is. Wouldn't be surprised if she had no clue wtf to do if the internet is down for a day.
>>
File: meh.jpg (5 KB, 272x185)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>different people like different things
weird how that works
>>
>>1514122
She just might be better at adapting to it than you. It can be really convenient sometimes to have stuff within a walking distance. Hospital or other health care services for instance. Imagine driving over a bumpy country roads for an hour or more with a really bad toothache or headache or some other really painful condition without any painkillers or sedatives.
>>
>>1514130
Right, could be that, she does not have any particular hobby. It's a weird relation anyway, I like for the past's sake, high school times etc. but I know I'd never ever befriend this type of person now.

But I was wondering about the question more in general.
>>
>>1514122
>how she could not live without being able to meet new people or visit different venues/social events whenever she feels like it
you might be legitimately mentally retarded if you can't wrap your head around that
>>
>>1514132
But many of those people like what they like *because they are retarded*.
>>1514137
>social events
See?
>>
>>1514152
People like different things.
>>
>>1514132
>>1514187
Stop being a passive aggressive reddit fag
>>
>>1514187
>People like different things
Some people have a foot fetish and like feet but no one would say i cant pass judgment on them as a filthy degenerate.
What you like defines who you are and we are not all equal.
>>
>>1514152
>people who don't like things i like or like things i don't are retarded
newsflash: all those people think you're retarded for the exact same reason
>>
>>1514200
I'm not retarded, they're retarded.
>>
>>1514200
But they're too retarded to be qualified to judge what is or isn't retarded, and have no base of objectivity other than their own likes and dislikes.
>>
>>1514235
Dont bother, liberals aren't intelligent enough to explain it to. If you point out how wrong their lifestyle is, they just get angry and lash out.
>>
>>1514122
>she's not a slut
1. She is a slut.
2. She's depressed because all she does is stare at her phone and take dicks.
3. When she says she can't imagine living without going to new events and meeting new people, she's talking about drugs and sex.
3. Nobody in a city is happy, or can be happy. They can only be distracted at best.
4. There absolutely are wrong ways to live your life. Living in a city is one of the worst.
5. She is not really your friend, she is trying to get something from you.
>>
>>1514244
They think what they do only affects themselves, and deny that their actions contribute to the dragging down of the collective IQ.
>>
File: 1555492693460.jpg (18 KB, 300x300)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>1514258
W-who hurt you, a-anon?
>>
>>1514258
you appear to be lost, robotanon.
>>
>>1514295
>t. liberal damage control squad
The truth always puts them on the defensive
>>
>>1514298
>lost
>post that's relevant to OP's topic of discussion
>>
File: thot3.png (409 KB, 523x596)
409 KB
409 KB PNG
>>1514258
This is far too black and white of a view. It's obvious that you're projecting your cynicism and despair onto a complete stranger who you know nothing about.

1.She probably is a slut because most girls in cities are sluts unless they're too ugly/fat to be one. My definition of slut is a girl who has sex with men who they aren't in a long-term committed relationship with.
2.There are many reasons she might be depressed. The most common reasons for city girls are not eating properly or exercising, not getting enough /out/ time, and believing in the career woman meme instead of having kids (no feeling of purpose in life). Promiscuity and drugs are coping mechanisms, not the cause.
3. Some people are extraverted. They are energized by social interactions and feel empty without them. It's got nothing to do with drugs and sex. Not enough information to draw any conclusions here.
4. Agree with this one
5. This is just pure paranoia on your part.

I've had my share of bad relationships/friendships with girls, but you can't let that shit jade you and assume the worst out of everyone. You will die alone and miserable.
>>
>>1514122
It's like depression, you get so used with it all those years and it slowly turns comfortable so you don't want to leave, but there's still a need to connect with nature.
>>
>>1514258
Fucking based
>>1514298
>>1514295
>>1514310
Cringe and reddit
>>
File: anon.png (71 KB, 382x363)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>1514327
>t.edgy 14 year old
>>
>>1514310
>You will die alone and miserable.
Well, except for my friends and family members.
>Some people are extraverted. They are energized by social interactions and feel empty without them. It's got nothing to do with drugs and sex.
The human brain is biologically only capable of giving a shit about 100-150 people. I.E. your family, loved ones and immediate community group. People who say they have to meet new people to feel happy and energized are lying to themselves. What they really are doing is hoping from social group to social group because they're unhappy and depressed and trying to fill that void. They don't care about anyone but themselves and don't form relationships that they have to reciprocate. They only take from people and move on when they are done. And yes, it is very much about sex and drugs because that's also how these people try to hide their unhappiness. It's all about chasing gratification. It's actual mental illness, but you can't say that in front of liberals because it will hurt someone's feelings.
>>
>>1514329
Back to r*ddit buddy
>>
>>1514351
>t.armchair psychologist who has never had a gf
>>
>>1514355
And in typical liberal fashion, he lashes out with insults when confronted with an argument he can't refute. I suppose next you'll call me an autist or an incel.
>>
>>1514359
>implying I'm a liberal
imagine being so intellectually stunted that you just go around calling every stranger who disagrees with you a liberal. Nothing you said can be refuted because it's literally unprovable. You're just making shit up like a low IQ version of Freud.
>>
>>1514258
based
>>
>>1514360
Ah, the old "lol I'm not a liberal!" deflection. Sorry, but it's all true. The human mind really only does retain social information of about 100-150 people, sexual promiscuity and drug use are both signs of deeper psychological issues and most of the people who suffer from this behavior flock to cities to indulge in it. It's not a gender issue either, far too many men do it as well.
>>
>>1514362
>>1514327
Why do you keep replying to your own post
>>
>>1514364
>sexual promiscuity and drug use are both signs of deeper psychological issues and most of the people who suffer from this behavior flock to cities to indulge in it.
You have things backwards. People engage in harmful vices because they live in cities, have no purpose in life, and are disconnected from nature. Said vices then feed into their problems and create a vicious cycle of nihilism and despair.
>>
>>1514360
>imagine being so
Back to plebbit, fag.
>>
File: carlton.jpg (16 KB, 300x375)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>1514369
imagine trying to police people's language on the internet
>>
>>1514374
yeah dude.. time to go back now
>>
>>1514375
>>1514369
>>1514364
>>1514359
imagine being this dumb and autistic
>>
>>1514377
b2r
>>
File: reddit.png (510 KB, 770x789)
510 KB
510 KB PNG
>>1514378
>phone posting
>>
bitch is probably just as much an slut as anyone else out there
i would love to know it for myself though, or know some people really like those things that she has
thank you jess, i think you are being kind
i know that everyone thinks that being sad about your lack of relationship status was some kind of punishment for being with someone you liked and that you were a failure for being single. i know it is a little frustrating when you start feeling that way but i want to hear what is really going on, and i want to know if you have found any friends you don't care about who you were dating in the first place, the reasons for your current relationship status, if your girlfriend's boyfriend is abusive or just a complete no good whore
>tfw i think everyone is making excuses for this shit
it happened to me too
i don't know of any cases of someone in my situation who is not an alcoholic, the fact is that you can never know for sure, though maybe you have heard the stories and i am not telling you about a lot of them
>>
fuck me this whole thread is autistic as hell
>>
>>1514258
>4. There absolutely are wrong ways to live your life. Living in a city is one of the worst.

This is so true .
I wish there were some way to keep the decroded city people from hiking in my area. They just stink up the place with their shitty ideas and they reek of depression
>>
>>1514387
>this whole website is autistic as hell
ftfy, welcome to forever
>>
>>1514122
Quite honestly, cities are killing us, humans are animals and animals naturally exist in nature.
I just makes sense.
>>
File: 1547005638969.jpg (815 KB, 1000x542)
815 KB
815 KB JPG
There is something wonderful about cities and something wonderful about /out/ as well. It's mostly about your attitude.

It would be great if we could have the best of both worlds. Maybe someday I can afford an apartment in a small city and a cabin in the middle of nowhere. That would be cool.
>>
>>1514538
The only thing "wonderful" about cities is that the population concentration is such that when the plague finally hits it will spread quickly and they are also somewhat containment zones for nogs.
>>
>>1514133
You go to the hospital for a headache?
>>
>>1514360
How can you not see he's fucking with you?
>>
File: downloadfile-83.jpg (29 KB, 474x266)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>1514542
There is more opportunity for sociability, there is a greater amount of events, more amenities, etc.

It's fine if you don't prefer that but I think it's good to see the positive in both.
>>
>>1514557
>greater amount of events
Yeah, no. You've obviously not closely observed the natural world which has a far greater events density.
>more amenities
Yeah, no. Can you find food growing all around you? Can you catch or kill food all around you? Can you readily find the materials to build shelters and fires all around you? Can you piss or dig a hole, shit, and bury it pretty much anywhere?
>sociability
Cringe, but there are shitloads of /out/ sociability opportunities, which are of far higher quality and less degenerate than a bunch of city drinking and whore hookup joints.
>>
>>1514122
i live in the city and theyre alot of people who cant live without the city, clubs, beach, bars, music festivals, god i fucking hate california. city people are people that need constant in your face entertainment and to be surrounded by other like minded fucknuts.
>>
File: downloadfile-36.jpg (10 KB, 474x316)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>1514559
By events I obviously mean structured events like music festivals, art fairs, concerts, etc, whatever. You can't really compare that to the goings-on of the natural world. They are very different.

That's the point I am making, they are totally incomparable to eachother. Your argument is no more reasonable than a city dweller saying that hunting and foraging can't compare to having a dozen restaurants and a specialty grocery within walking distance. Those arguments are fallacies.

I could make count-points to the rest of what you are saying but it's pretty obvious that you're mind is made up. I'm just saying I can see the value in both.
>>
>>1514559
>Can you find food growing all around you?
this really depends on where you are. going above treeline? not fuckin likely, anon.
>Can you catch or kill food all around you?
this also depends on where you are and what time of year is it. rabbits are tasty though, i'll give you that one, anon.
>Can you readily find the materials to build shelters and fires all around you?
again...where? are we talking desert hikes? you want me to make a house out of a saguaro? you seriously want me to light a fire in the rocky mountains in the middle of a hot dry summer? are you one of those southerners that thinks the rockies are just as wet as your backwoods outhouse shithole? goodness, anon. goodness.
>Can you piss or dig a hole, shit, and bury it pretty much anywhere?
homeless men are not deterred by little things like laws, social guidelines, or other trivial nonsense. you can definitely shit wherever you want in a city.
>>
>>1514122
the countryside is dying for a reason: it sucks
>>
>>1514193
You're dumb.
>>
>>1514542
>>1514559
based
>>
File: 1555598530346.jpg (251 KB, 402x500)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
Guys the only way to keep these crappy city people from shitting up our local woods is to start slashing tires of out of state plates at trailheads
>>
A lot of people value the benefits of living in a city and in rural areas on a spectrum. I grew up in a rural area and have lived in small cities. I've also lived in what I would consider to be proximity to a very large city (~1.5 hour drive). I've found my ideal area to be in a rural area that is relatively close to urban areas. I would ideally live a long walk (~30 minutes) to bars, grocery stores etc but on a property that I can't see into my neighbors windows. I also would like to live close enough to an urban area of >250,000 people so that I can go to sporting events, concerts or an airport and still get home in a day. The furthest I've lived from a city was 150 miles and that was fine but you can be 50 miles from a city and still live in a rural area (here in the Midwest US). I know some of the antisocial types will use some true Scotsman bullshit to discredit my /out/ passion but there reality is my job is /out/ but businesses typically centrally locate offices in urban/easy to travel areas. My job, my personality and my hobbies require that I live in a place where both /out/ and /in/ are accessible.
>>
>>1514122
I live in a small inner city flat and go to my parents old cabin wayyy deep in the wilderness pretty often. I wouldn't want to miss out on city life ever desu. My ideal life situation as I get older would be a small inner city flat for sleeping over in, a comfy small farm with some goats and hens and a big greenhouse in some pastoral area, and the cabin in the wilderness. But as a young person, if you don't like the city, then you're missing out on the play of life.
>>
As much as a lot of you seem to hate cities and the people who live in them, you are ignorant to the fact that cities are necessary in order to even have /out/ at this point.

Suppose everyone lived in rural areas or suburbs and no one was in appartments or anywhere of higher density. It would be a mess and there would be little or no /out/ land left.

I frankly have more contempt for suburb boomers than I do for city dwellers. The burbs offer none of the amenities of a city and none of the wilderness either. It's only predicated off of everyone's selfish delusion of entitlement to their own plot of land. Perfectly reasonable in our great grandparents time but now? Burbs also make it harder for urbanites to partake in the outdoors as you need to drive through them to get out.

Inb4 "that's why we need to bring populations down to preindustrial levels" ok kiddo, you'd better get on that.
>>
>>1515024
>the play of life
degenerate detected
>>
>>1514122
for me, the work I find interesting is all in cities. At least early on, I could work remotely later or something.
>>
>>1515024
> if you don't like the city, then you're missing out on the play of life
You couldn't be further from the truth.
>>
>>1515029
>cities are faggot containment, be grateful
>>
>>1515076
Yeah, seriously, the drama for all those country songs written over the many decades didn't come from a vacuum. By far most of the "play of life" that happens in big cities is only known to those directly involved and maybe the handful they tell. In rural areas it spreads to pretty much everyone.
>>
>>1515083
I mean yeah. I kind of look at it that way.
>>
It's preference and conditioning. Some people like the constant stimuli, constant socialization, all the new things you get to see in a city. It's mostly a matter of acclimatizing yourself to it. Personally I can't stand it for more than a week before I need to run off and have some peace somewhere rural.
>>
>>1514122

I enjoy the city because of all the events, activities and what not you can do.

I guess Ideally I'd want something similar to this anon: >>1514997. Live in a rural area, but still being in 'driving distance' of a large city for things like socializing, events, and what not, every once in a while.
>>
>>1515096
>constant stimuli
>all the new things you get to see
It's almost as if you people have never been /out/, or at least are clueless as to what is there even when looking right at it.
>>
>>1514997
this is my ideal, too. I love the convenience that cities provide and it's good to count on being close to competently staffed medical clinics in case anything should happen
>>
>>1515106
>it's almost as if
Oh dear, the redditors have arrived
>>
>>1515106
The constant stimuli of a city is not even remotely comparable to the outdoors experience you stupid faggot. This might be the first time a (you) I got was so shitty that I would've preferred nothing at all.
>>
File: 1557873250175.jpg (261 KB, 1000x847)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>1515158
>calls others "stupid faggot"
>not aware of the far more constant stimuli /out/ provides than the city
>likes cities
>stupid
>faggot
>>
>>1515159
>likes cities
I specifically said I can't stand even a week in a city before having to run away from it, brain boy.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (33 KB, 496x331)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>1515164
>like cities enough to stand them almost a week
>>
>>1514700
>the countryside is dying for a reason: no jobs

Fixed it for you.
>>
File: downloadfile-70.jpg (50 KB, 474x316)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>1514997
Same deal for me. Though I think I'd switch the two, I'd rather live in a city that has quick access to good out than live out with good access to the city.

Main reason is because I need to get to work daily, and work is in the city for me. Another reason is that outdoors gives me a slow-burn satisfaction, and the city offers convenient recreation. I need to prep, get in the zone, and hit critical mass for good out satisfaction. That all requires at least a few hours. But I can go to a cafe or a bar in the city if the mood strikes me and get some satisfaction out of it without much primer.
So if I can really only put the time in for good outdooring on the weekend I might as well live in a metro.

Of course it depends on what city you live in. I'm in a city of 1.2 GMA population. Not to big. We also have a lot of urban parkland to tide me over, and traffic isn't heavy so getting out on the weekend is no fuss. Plus its a pretty conservative city so theres not a culture of faggotry or nihilism like in some cities.
>>
>>1514122
They are sick, weak and indeed conditioned.
>>
>>1514258
based and greenpilled
>>
>>1514122
Cities aren't the issue, how people engage with them is. A city isn't far off a jungle, a cliche but whatever, it's pretty spot on. I had a blast living in my countries capital. But I wasn't caught up in a 9-5, had a great group of supportive people around me, got plenty of exercise, and had a very real understanding of what I wanted from being in the city. For context I was a push bike messenger in London. I rode my bike for ~11 hours a day delivering urgent contracts for banks, laweyrs, whoever. This wasn't deliveroo shit, those guys can do one, this was proper old school courier work. My money was pure commission so the faster I rode the more money I made.
I'm naturally not very sociable and am a private individual so have never kept a proper circle of friends around me. However, as a messenger every other rider is your buddy, even if you only ever exchange a nod a week. You feel like you are part of big family and know that if you ever get a puncture, or knocked down, or in trouble, that another messenger would more than likely make sure you were all good.
The bike work meant that I could be in the city but engage with it on a whole different level. It was my playgroun and I was part of the wierd family of oddballs who for whatever reason had also ended up riding a bike for a living. I never had to use public transport, apart from when I was injured I spent all my waking time out on my bike. I got to see the different seasons, experience the weather, explore parts of the city that desk jockies who have been there for 50 years never knew existed. I never had trouble sleeping. My life consisted of eating, sleeping, and riding a bike. It was awesome. However, I'm from the countryside so eventually moved out of the city. While overall I am happier in the countryside as it's what is in my blood I do miss courier work and living in the city. But I would never live there if I wasn't working on a bike.
>>
File: 1553566786927.jpg (11 KB, 318x313)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>Lives in the city
>Hates the fucking city
GET ME OUT OF HERE
>>
>>1514122
I'd love to move to the big cities because the countryside is basically none existant in western europe. It's basically a really spread out city with shitty public transport and a bit more green. Nowhere is there true wilderness anymore and you can't camp anywhere that isn't a neutred boomer campsite. The biggest forest here is only 4 square miles for gods sake. It's just farmland, campsites for tourists and some villages and towns, no true nature. Atleast in the city there's stuff to do, more places for higher education and more job offerings. If there was any true nature in ny country and I could somehow sustain myself there I would go.
>>
Of course there are people who prefer city life. I’ve worked with a number of people who like nothing more than the accoutrements of “civilised” living. Without wanting to be overly critical, I’ve noticed people like that tend to be fairly superficial and often stupid, but that’s not universally true. Some folks can’t think of anything worse than the outdoors. Woods are effectively a “sacred” place for me but, for some, they’re “boring”. Sap, mud, and wildlife make me feel at home but, for others, they’re horrifyingly “dirty”. I’m glad there are folks like that. It would be impossible for find solitude on a hike if there weren’t so many of them!
>>
The countryside is dying.
Why would I want to live in a dying society?
>>
>>1515416

If by “dying” you mean ‘becoming even more sparsely populated’ then that’s exactly why. Some people prefer space and solitude to living in a giant polluted ant farm.
>>
>>1515370
Then get out. Life is pretty short and there's nothing stopping you from moving besides things in your head.
>>
Ignoring the pointless bickering.
I grew up in a 400 people village, lived there for 20 years then moved to a big city (about half million people), spend the last 9 years here.
So I think I know both sides fairly well.

Though I miss parts of small town/country life, like hiking into the woods to pick berries in the season and such, I currently prefer the city life.
It might not be as calm as my parents place, but offers so much, you just can’t get there:

>more job opportunities
>I’m an engineer for aeronautics, good luck finding a position for that in the bush
>more possibilities for leisure activities and services
>I picked up learning instruments and sports for which there just are no teachers or teams in the country
>greater culinary variety
>not many Japanese, Ethiopian, Brazilian or Persian Restaurants in my home village
>greater pool of people to share hobbies with
>here, there are dozens of groups for all kinds of interests and venues to facilitate them

Next year, I will work in Singapore for a year. Not sure what that will be like, since that is a completely different kind of beast.
>>
>>1515429
welcome to our pointless bickering
>>
>>1515437
>>1515429
>informing faggots and retards that they are faggots and retards
>pointless
>>
>>1515441

>people are wrong because they are retarded faggots
>people are retarded faggot because they are wrong

yeah seems pretty pointless
>>
>>1515441
>thinking you aren't a retarded faggot to
But you probably r tho
>>
>>1514196
You are missing the point: who defines what’s good or bad? A city person may define good as what city people do and view a redneck as unequal, and vice versa. They judge each other from their own perspective
>>
>>1515465
>who defines what’s good or bad?
Me, because I’m right
>>
>>1515467
ah okay, sorry, I didn't know that
>>
Living in the country is so fun you make threads like these lol
>>
>>1514122
I live in the countryside and do remote work and drive to delegations several times a month. I consider that to be the patrician way - not giving a fuck about the shit filled cities while pursuing my carreer of choice.
Walking around with my kids and dog, shitposting on /out/ and condensing moneymaking into several intense days a month.
Not striving for that is like not even trying.
>>
>>1515429
best thing to do is get a good car and a house in the countryside not farther than an hour from a city. Easy to attend interest groups, get shit from shops, eat out on occasion etc.
But living in a rat factory on the daily, solely to get those things is retarded and bluepilled as well as plebian.
>>
>>1515532
I’m a different anon but I did this for a while and commuting just sucks after a year. Also no one wants to come out to where you are because there’s “nothing to do” after driving for an hour. Not to mention the limited dating pool and, if you find someone in the city, it’s an inevitable long distance affsir
>>
>>1515533
I guess it makes much more sense once you settle down with a wifey.
I hang out with people who do like to visit and are /out/ to at least some degree, city folk who think there's 'nothing to do' in the countryside are no friends of mine.
>>
>>1514122
I'm not much of an /out/ person and I live in NYC but I fucking hate the city and the social events it creates, even though I'm extroverted and love people, I might be sociopathic or something idk
My girlfriend (who was a virgin before me so not a slut like people are saying about OP's girl) it somehow introverted but loves social events like concerts and rallies and karaoke

Anyone have experience detoxifying a woman from this mindset? It's not that I think it's invalid but I wanna live in a rural place at some point and she thinks the city is necessary for her to be happy
>>
>>1515551
> not invalid
It's invalid. You're not sociopathic, just realize this kind of shit has literally no meaning whatsoever, exactly zero value - comparable to just getting shitfaced or wasting days playing vidya. It's just injecting your brain with happy chemicals while maintaining no connection with nature.
I'd say try to show her alternatives, but don't expect too much, those people are usually poisoned beyond repair.
>>
File: pobrane (5).jpg (11 KB, 225x224)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>1515556
fml
>>
>>1514122
Homo sapiens have been known to be a social species. They enjoy a wide variety of social activities, including gatherings in which they talk to each other about their daily lives, ideas, and other favored activities. During these gatherings, it is common for the Homo sapiens to enjoy consuming alcoholic beverages for it's taste, intoxicating effects, as well as a "social lubricant" for those who may suffer from social anxieties. Homo Sapiens are one of a few species that derives pleasure from mating beyond it's intended breeding purposes. This is another reason some Homo sapiens choose to attend social gatherings, as a means to access others who also enjoy mating without the intent of breeding.

While some Homo sapiens enjoy these gatherings, there are also those who do not enjoy them, and sometimes even despise others that do enjoy these activities. Scientist have found, through study, that this behavior is usually due to mental disorders coupled with traumatic social experiences from their developing years, that cause the individual to become nervous in the presence of others, particularly large groups. When an individual suffers from this social anxiety, is is common that other mental disorders develop along side it, including a fear, hatred, and lack of empathy for those that are superficially different than the individual. These superficial differences cause the disabled individual to experience negative internal stimuli, and this often causes the sufferer to become hostile towards others as a means to escape the negative internal stimuli.
>>
>>1515568
>>
>>1515569
>Gets mad pussy
Did my brain crap out or is this not supposed to make sense?
>>
>>1515568
>low IQ significantly driven by baser physical desires
>spreads STDs
>murders pre birth humans
>advocates/justifies degeneracy
>>
>>1515581
>Defends incel status by saying it's because everyone else is dumb
>STDs can be easily prevented
>Prolife retard
>thinks sex is degenerate, again because no one will fuck him
>>
>>1515581
Is this what Incels actually believe? It's cool getting to see the mental gymnastics you people have to go through to justify being a kissless virgin. Just except you're ugly and retarded.
>>
>>1514122
Some people genuinely enjoy social life. I am not talking of club sluts now, but intelligent people, who like to meet other intelligent people, and talk, and listen, and observe. They are curious, accepting and kind, I personally know a couple of them. I think this is actually how people are supposed to co-exist, too bad most of us are fucked up in one way or another.
>>
>>1514122
Is it a mental illness?

She's bluepilled and depressed as fuck.

Found your answer yourself, good job.
>>
>>1514258
People who say this can not be the answer are depressed and bluepilled.
>>
>>1515467
good to know this was bait
>>
File: 1512329707246.jpg (214 KB, 699x919)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>1515581
>I-I-I'm not a loser you guys are just dumber than me!
>>
>>1515637
Based
>>
>>1515644
As if you little kidlets have any idea what it even means.
>>1515587
>>1515637
None of that implies not fucking altogether. There's a difference between actively going out to degenerate locations specifically in search of sex, and letting more selective, quality sex come to you naturally. Firstly, t. been married and kids. But long before that, in middle school, I had the nickname "Tidy Bowl Man" because of losing my virginity (while simultaneously taking hers) in a bathroom. I didn't go looking for her, she came to me, as did all others who followed. She was my friend's girlfriend, met me through him, wouldn't give him pussy so he broke up with her. She then contacted me specifying she wished for me to be her first. Her and the next several were all tanned blonde virgins, so no STDs. And though pregnancy prevention precautions were taken, I never mated with one I wasn't willing to procreate with should the methods fail. I also actually got to know and develop deep human bonds with each. Any immediate whores were rejected.

Anyone who is truly based, should never be thinking "I am going to go and put myself into social situations in degenerate locations in hope of finding a fuck", and in fact should rarely need to think about sex at all, as all of that should naturally take care of itself and come to you with no specifically oriented thought or action required. Your mind time is then freed for knowledge and skill acquisition and development.
>>1515568
Pic related.
>>
>>1515556
From what I know wahmen have never generally liked nature even when they were in it as hunter gatherers, I really don't expect experience to show her why it's better
All I want to do is convince her city life is bad for her, and her response is always "muh it's what makes me happy" which is just annoying desu
>>
>>1515771
Wow, so noble. You are a superior gentleman. No wonder all the woman chase you. You are so wise and humble. The way you live your life is the only right way to live, that is undeniable.
>>
>>1515568
The second paragraph is self-descriptive projecting, you're describing yourself.

>>1515587
>>1515590
Murder is wrong.
>>
>>1514295
>who hurt you sweaty?
Literally twitter thot tier.
>>1514258
This, people aren't going to venues and events every few days and not engaging in degenerate acts. No wonder why she is depressed.
>>
File: 459770.jpg (4.43 MB, 2880x1800)
4.43 MB
4.43 MB JPG
>>1514122
go wipe your ass with some leaves and die from dysentery you ape
>>
>>1515810
No it's not.
>>
>>1514258
facts
>>
>>1514122
A city is a giant playground if you're comfortably middle class, or supported by your parents.
>>
>>1514122
>city life

It's lonely af, desu. I say this as a DCfag.
>>
>>1514122
They're soulless. Cityfolk are artificial because their environment is artificial. The ontology of industrial life necessarily breeds liberal values because they're completely disconnected from the real world. All their food and water and security and shelter needs are outsourced. Literally the most survival experience city folk will ever get is running into a pack of niggers in an ally or making dinner. The price of the world is the loss of your soul.
>>
File: 770F.gif (3.23 MB, 237x240)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB GIF
>>1514329
>>
>>1514122

My wife is a city girl, raised in Cardiff. I was raised in a very rural farming community. She wants to live in a city, I want to live in the country. We compromised by living at the edge of a moderate sized market town which is a very short hop to Dartmoor and five minutes from lots of beaches. I would honestly love to move further away down to Cornwall for the fishing, but she'd never agree.
>>
I just had to leave my hillbilly haven and drive family to the airport. Even the relatively smaller ones (but much larger than the three towns in my county) along the way were insufferable. All city people should be gassed.
>>
I'm in a very big city and it's a little stressful but not terrible.
The problem with clapistan is that the vast majority of small towns are full of misdirected people whose intelligence and understanding of virtue is on par with those of an inner city nigger ape. Maybe this isn't the case for wealthy small towns, but how will I manage to live there without the job opportunities to sustain it?
On the other hand, most of my neighbors in the city know each other by name, are friendly and always happy to help, look out for each other etc. it feels like a healthy community. Decent /out/ is always an hour or two drive away as well, and I always have an array of interesting people to talk to and connections to make.
I get what the appeal is, but realistically living out in the styx would blow unless your goal is complete and utter isolation. It seems like by doing that you're willingly stunting your growth.
>>
>>1514258
Anon is right, Op.
And you are a fag. Forget the roastie and take a hike.
>>
>>1514122
I genuinely enjoy both, it's different things and there's time for both. I'm atm a student and live in a big city, maybe one day I will not. There's also in betweens in Europe, tiny nice central cities
>>
>>1515024
you're that typically suburban asshole who sits in grid lock each holiday to get to his cottage which is completely surrounded by other idiot suburbanites who buy giant bags of costco burgers, have a bbq and declare themselves 'outdoorsmen'

your way of life is destroying the planet

please stay in the city where YOU belong
>>
>>1515024
>But as a young person, if you don't like the city, then you're missing out on the play of life.
As a person who has lived in large cities my whole life, you are an idiot and your idea of "life" is perverse.
>>
File: gasthecities.jpg (667 KB, 1050x700)
667 KB
667 KB JPG
Cities are where the most major shit that fucks everything up come from. Stock markets, corporate rulers, mass "news", "opinion" implants and enforcement, homogenization tentacles that spread strip malls, stores, fast food and other such bullshit all across the lands. They spread themselves ever further outward, devouring more and more natural lands. They have degenerate fag parades. Fuck cities and the people in them.
>>
File: 1558360887810.jpg (93 KB, 960x772)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>
>live in big east coast city for a while
>It's fine
>live in a small suburban town for a while
>It's fine
>live innawoods for a while
>It's fine
y'all need to get a grip, desu. People who cry about how cities are evil are just as bad as stacies who talk about how much they just love the big city OMG it's so exciting.

City has it's appeal. Innawoods has it's appeal. They both have downsides, depends on what you want out of life. I'm not surprised that autistic can't cope with overstimulation and forced socialization though.
>>
>>1518430
Millennials idea of the good life is wage slaving, buying chinkshit, hating their parents, eating shitty exotic food prepared by diseased criminals and engaging in perverted sex.
>>
Anyone who thinks city life is "fine" is mentally ill, and more so to whatever degree pro city above "fine" they are willing to go. There's nothing "fine" about them and they are ruining the entire planet.
>>
I like spending time in the city every now and then when it's a
>brisk summer night with friends/family
or
>cold, foggy, rainy winter/autumn night all alone
I couldn't stand living in a city though
>>
>>1518906
You mean boomers?
>>
>>1514122
you're retarded m8.
>>
I love going /out/ on the reg and live in a fairly big city (Portland, oregon).
I also love going to bars, seeing live music, eating at a variety of delicious restaurants, making new friends, etc.

Being a retard social hermit isnt something to boast about on the internet idk why you guys take peide in being losers
>>
Some people acclimate differently to different kinds of stimulation. Some need more of it, some need less of it.
>>
File: heidelberg-kulisse.jpg (165 KB, 700x464)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>1514122
Well, first we'd have to get our definitions straight on what a city is, but assuming population size rather than density as a determining factor (which widens our focus beyond the beehive type mega cities) then I'd say this:
If you're middle to upper-middle class wealthy there's plenty of small to mid-size cities all over the globe where you can lead a good and meaningful life to the extent we know what that is. As far as I can tell, city life is best when there's a delicate equilibrium of nature and sophisticated culture (architecture, cooking, music and so on). However, you need quite a bit of money to be able to access that culture to a meaningful degree - unlike rural culture, which is not as complex but more democratic. So if you're not making much and you don't enjoy your job (these usually come hand in hand) city life is not really worth it.
Either way, community is a determining factor for the overwhelming majority of people. Humans are social creatures, evolutionary speaking. In rural environments healthy communities seem to cluster around structures of intimacy (your family, extended family, and being somewhat familiar with a group of 100 people or so) and in urban environments they seem to cluster around structures of preference (large dynamic groups of people who share in roughly the same culture and outlook). Either seem valid or at the very least it is not immediately obvious which to discard based on their ability to produce happiness and/or meaning for the individuals who inhabit them.

tldr. community is always important, don't live in the city if you're poor.
>>
>>1514122
People like that are intertwined in the social update world. They need to be on the bleeding edge of the latest updates in their greater social circle, which seems to get larger as time goes on and the social media networks take on new forms. It's fine though, more quiet spaces to explore for the rest of us.
>>
>>1518906
>Hurmph hurmph hurmph
>>
>>1514310
milky milky come to daddy
>>
>>1515771
>flexing this hard on a mongolian pottery forum
Wew lad, I get your point but come on
>>
why are you guys so obsessed with sex, is it because you're all kids?
I've had a gf for 5 years, by this point we'll have sex a few times a month maybe
>>
>>1520994
Why are you obsessed with sex? Why is your gf a used up whore with no value? Why are you with her when she has a barren womb?
>>
>>1514258
>he can't appreciate art
>he can't appreciate architecture
>he can't appreciate live music
>he can't appreciate fine dining
>he literally can't imagine being in a different environment without morally devolving.
>he is pretending like rural areas aren't suffering from their own drug abuse, and opioid epidemics
>he pretends that farm kids don't get pissed up all. The. Fucking. Time.
>he pretends that country girls aren't huge sluts in their own rite.

Are you just some suburban 14 year old who's romanticized rural living or just being ignorant in order to support your biases?

There are obviously pros and cons to both city and country and saying that one is inherently evil and one is inherently good is naive. Anyone who is actually acquainted to both know there are just as many nihilistic pleasure seeking drones in either context, they just take different forms.
>>
>>1515793
Thats a load of bullshit, ive seen equal interest from both genders when it comes to camping and hiking.

If she doesnt like nature you can realize your actual job and train her into liking it and she will thank you for saving her.
>>
>>1520994
Do you not like sex?
>>
>>1521018
I wouldn't trade a single morning on my trapline for any of your bustle bullshit.
>>
>>1521029
That's awsome. I'm honestly happy for anyone who is comfortable in their current context and there is nothing wrong with personal preference.

I can appreciate both, I just think it's arrogant or naive to say it's so black-and-white as "rural good, city evil" or vice versa.
>>
>>1514122
They are retarded. We need an American /Pol/ Pot to empty out the cities and force people back into genuine living.
>>
>>1521069
It's the oldest civil war there is. There are going to be partisan opinions.
>>
>>1514122
People like different things OP, it's fine.
>>
>>1515294

name of the city? also please tell me it's in europe

i near in Bologna, italy. it's like a oversized town with access to the hills in 30 mins by walking

the problem is the faggotry as it's a very lefty city
>>
>>1521018
I can certainly appreciate both as well. While I prefer smaller town and rural living I can appreciate a visit to a nearby city to see a band or hit up an outdoors store or take my girl on a fancy dinner date. You're also right in that rural areas face their share of poverty and drug/alcohol abuse. I grew up in a poor rural area and saw pills and liquor kill so many good people out there.
>>
File: w8v3bhcm7ow21.jpg (75 KB, 720x720)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>1520990
If no one sets a proper example for the fatherless and poorly fathered, then who will? I could have written volumes of detail to help guide them more precisely were this not simply a quick post on a nip wannabe autism support newsgroup. I tried to pack as much of the essence as I could into a can of concentrate that could hopefully be mixed into a full pitcher by anyone astute enough to mine the value, which I doubt will occur, but I can die knowing I made the attempt. Granted, my example isn't the truly ideal "proper", but it's obviously far superior to the one their sperm donors were capable of.
>>
>>1514258
this but unironically
>>
>>1514122

It's a legitimate preference that a healthy human can have.
>>
File: dp.jpg (56 KB, 768x564)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>1523871
>t. redditspacer
>>
>>1514193
Based

>>1514702
Cringe
>>
File: 1557101216007.jpg (2 KB, 113x125)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
To say city life is bad and rural life is good is not really a catchall statement. Every rural town I've visited (in the deep south and Florida at least) has had illteracy problems and self destructive people, just as you'd become familiar with in a big city. It really does boil down to personal preference.
I hate the city but after a while I recognized it's because I'm socially maladjusted (I am working on improving this), and I wouldn't be much happier if I lived my day to day in a tiny Appalachian town. Maybe something for you /out/ists to consider is that your universal condemnation of city life is you attempting to rationalize your own internal shortcomings.
A healthy person will find contentness in either scenario.
>>
>>1514193
/thread
>>
>>1514258
>pretending to know everything about someone youve never met
Whew lad
>>
>>1514258
>Projecting this hard
>>
>>1523920
But in rural areas those self destructive illiterates are at least known people, with known families, and often bounce back to at least some degree. A great many of the ones in the cities are total "nobodies" in that they don't have family nearby, no one really knows who they are, they're just random lost, and there's *way* more of them. Plus, the nigs in cities are totally free range, but in rural areas they mostly stick to their own sections in town, other than going to the store and then returning. The few country blacks are pretty cool folk. There's no real comparison. My own "shortcomings" have shit to do with fuck, city traffic alone earns the condemnation.
>>
>>1514122
im super depressed living in the city, my dad grew up in a town in he mountains and we go there often and im always happy up there
>>
Look the way I see it you need both aspects in your life. I did this by moving to a satellite town outside of the big city. Its like living in the city but also being /out/.
>>
I find the city to be such an oppressive place, I don't leave the house if I can help it. The noise, the smell, the endless sea of concrete garbage that passes for architecture, the actual garbage, and the constant swarm of traffic, a stream of smoking steel several feet away that can kill in an instant. Public spaces are choked with people, you have to shuffle around and wait for the mob to subside to get your business done. Ears are subject to an incessant cacophony of engines, horns, sirens, signals, advertisements, and screaming. Everything about it seems designed to be a dehumanizing hell, the fact that some prefer it seems perverse. I want to leave, but I don't know where or how.
>>
>>1515821
t. bugman faggot who thinks everyone outside a city is luddite trog
>>
>>1524121
You've captured a significant bit of what I experience when merely visiting a city very poetically. You could gather up the necessary outdoor living equipment and simply head into the country near small rural towns. You can often either find a simple job, or you could create arts and crafts and sell them in random places. You could have only a backpack, or acquire a long distance touring bicycle built to carry a load (which is what I did) to avoid the costs of a motorized vehicle, or a touring motorcycle which is very cheap insurance and gas. There are many options, and if you truly want it badly enough you'll just need to be creative and bold.
>>
>>1514133
Anything extreme enough that a country doctor can't handle, you'll get an air medivac for.
>t. rural doc
>>
>>1514132
okay retard
>>
>>1514258
>Nobody in a city is happy, or can be happy. They can only be distracted at best
Also applies to the suburbs.
>>
>>1515429
>foreign cuisine and meaningless materialism
So much better than being in a small tightly knit community, wew!
>>
>>1518221
>The problem with clapistan is that the vast majority of small towns are full of misdirected people whose intelligence and understanding of virtue is on par with those of an inner city nigger ape.
If that were true the per capita crime rates would be similar between small and large cities. But crime tends to concentrate around large black and brown cities. If you're trying to avoid crime, the best bet is to avoid non-Asian minorities regardless of population density.
>>
>>1514193
/thread
>>
>>1514258
They hate anon because he spoke the truth.
>>
>>1514132
this
>>1514122
I've never lived outside the city so I prefer what I'm familiar with
>>
>>1514258
>STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1525183
>I'd like to just remain a faggot because that's what I'm used to, even though I could morph into a far superior state
>>
>>1515429

>singapore

I live in KL. trust me mate, you'll understand why people hate cities after a few weeks of singapore, spending $20 USD for a gallon of milk, being fined for jay-walking, etc

KL is worse than singa pore though, literally blade runner spec bad
>>
>>1517256
It's a shithole down here mate honestly don't bother.
>>
>>1514133
Pussy
>>
All people are different, dude.
>>
>>1514122
You have to realize that many of the based cities are based because they offer the ultimate compromise between dense city life and outdoor adventuring. Look at anything like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, and so on. These are all the epitome of faggot liberal inner city retardation but they are also 30 minutes away from some of the most incredible /out/ you will find.
>>
>>1514122
That's because they don't understand the difference between pleasure and happiness.
>>
>>1528331
>30 minutes away
You sure about that? There are some small parks near the faggot hives, but anything decent is in the north and eastern areas of Commiefornia. The majority of these areas are at least 2 hours away.
>>
>>1515360
Based courier bro. I worked on it for a year, busted me knees, besides being fed up with working for the machine. But it’s the best urban /out/ experience you can get imo
>>
>>1514122
They are as human as you. They just arn't the same as you are.

I've lived my childhood and early adulthood in the midst of wilderness, 3 km to closest neighbour. I didn't have many friends back then. I was fine being by myself.

However, I've lived in a small city for my early adulthood. It has it's perks, I do yearn to get bit further away from people. I enjoy sitting amongst woods just listening to nature. That is bit difficult when living in the centre of city.

So based on my experiences. People who stay at one place don't get the perspective for the other. I'd miss my optical fibre network connection, ability to walk where ever I need to go, be it groceries, movies or whatever. I also have the options to choose between different products and services. I don't need to upkeep a car because of this. Friends are close and visitigin them isn't an issue. On the other hand: I don't see the stars, I miss the ability to just go out and sit in the woods carrying only a waterbottle with me. I'd say it is a matter of balance. Woods and small areas bring peace of mind but variability is nill. In rural area you know everybody and you have no anonimity. If you are sad, whole fucking town will talk about it. I appreciate the most in city life that I can be hidden amongst the people, just by myself. It is different kind of survival. So... Both are the same, just details are different.
>>
>>1514538
that place looks drained
>>
>>1529220
>paragraph
>wall of text
Imagine having this much ADHD
>>
>>1514122
i sorta get it, i live in a capitol city basically only for me degree. living in a small town can turn sour real quick, if your a dick,, but living in the city has this like museums, pubic transport, street lighting etc

i want to move away from the city, but all me friends/family want to keep living in the city
so i need to balance that
>>
>>1518896
this, i've been back and forth from living on the east coast and living out in the southwest a few times now. it's nice going back and forth.
>>
>>1514258
This post annihilates the cityniggers
>>
What's not to like about city life? In my city we have had 32 murders since May.
>>
>>1529296
Baltimore? I know we're up to 60 here this year but I don't know the count for the last month. Fucking hate this shithole.
>>
>>1515598
This. City life is actually depressing to me though, far too many fucked up people. I'm one of the social ones, good social people are 1 in 100 nowadays.
>>
>>1518221
An hour or two drive is far enough to get /out in literally any place on Earth, btw. I live in a 3 or 4 million city, and it takes me 45 minutes to get /out. I have friends living all around the world, never heard of anyone needing more than 1.5 hours to get /out at all.

Also, fuck Captcha. I just spent two fucking minutes clicking on the same damn spot to detect a fucking bus.
>>
>>1529387
Post what your idea of """out""" is so we can all laugh at you
>>
>>1520994
Is she not attractive anymore ? ive been with my wife longer than that and its once a day or once every 2 days at least. Gotta make sure to keep fit i see a lot of couples who look like they both stopped taking care of themselves at some point and is probably the reason they dont wanna fuck .. but what do i know
>>
>>1529401
At least two hours of hiking without seeing another human, deep forest with no human traces. Does your idea of /out have less than 0 human traces, or more nature in it?
>>
>>1514122
There is a lot of convenience in being able to do things like get food delivered or not having to cross the state to find a specialist doctor. That small benefit doesn't even come close to cancelling out the massive negatives though. I love my family in NYC and I love spending time with them, but I can't stay there for more than a few days. The noise, stench, lack of personal space, and obnoxious shitskins are too much. Other cities I've been to (Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, and Boston) are even worse since they don't even have family going for them. I'm perfectly happy here in southeastern Ohio.
>>
>>1529309
Dallas Texas. And it's not even summer yet. When heat comes crimes tend to increase.
>>
>>1514122
City life is like having the social status knob turned to 11. You get both the benefits and problems associated with hyper social situations only magnified and all the time. that means you do get the benefits of a large number of connections, but you have to deal with drama on a nuclear scale. It's not a place introverts can succeed. However people who are good at, and enjoy, social situations would feel very happy living in a city. The type of people don't need or want alone time and actively avoid it. That's why if they do have outdoor hobbies they do it in groups or only for exercise, because these things influence social status. It's my opinion that you would have to be a psycopath to truly enjoy the lifestyle.
>>
Believe me there are also sluts in the country.
>>
File: CYYRgFWWcAEKBBT.jpg (26 KB, 350x222)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>1532152
Oh, definitely, but our sluts are more organic and wholesome.

I had to leave my hillbilly haven and drive into the city to take family to the airport, again. Anyone who willingly subjects themselves to that kind of traffic on anything higher than a "pretty rare" basis, should be gassed. On the way, several negroasties were dangers to everyone, and on the way back, an older, yet not "old" neegra lady almost got me killed on an insane ATL interstate by suddenly slowing from maybe 75 to 35, in front of the car in front of me, which caused 3 cars to nearly slam me from behind. By that, I do not mean there were three cars that had to stop. One car just behind me barely missed while passing, then the next two did exactly the same in succession. I mean it was really really barely missed at high speed.

I, of course, being taught well by my father, had been maintaining safe distance behind the cars in front of me, which the city faggots use to weave in and out of everything, so I had adequate reaction time and space and was not myself a contributor to the cluster of retardation.

Anyway, fuck cities, and city people, fuck them all up their stupid asses.
>>
>>1514122
Bluepilled and depression.

Sounds to me like she doesn't much enjoy big city living.

I moved to wichita for a year. Was building houses for a mustache wielding mario looking cuck.

Thank fuck for 2008. I'm depressed as shit but the last few days ive had an epiphany and finally figured out what i want to do with my life.

>make a fuckload of money and piss it away to people around me and charities.

I'm up to $8,000 mo outside of my day job. When i hit 200kmo I'm going to quit my job. Live off 100k uear plus inflation and a small anual raise and piss away the remaining 2.3mill a year while growing the business.

Dont let money run your lives. Live your life to make money not even be a problem
>>
>>1514133
Shattered my knee. Drove to hospital 1 hour away.

Ive since bought pain killers off the street and buried them nearby for emergencies. A few years ago my wife had a bad toothache and it was either take a perc or go to er for a shot.

Saved us hundereds
>>
>>1514244
This

They are conditioned to hate thenselves and in turn hate everyone and everythibg and demand that someone else make it stop.

I'm truly dissapointed in my country allmost electing shillary that ive started getting citizenship near auckland new Zealand.

I'm 89k in and if you spend 100k without a criminal record in america you essentially just buy a green card there.
>>
>>1514295
Sounds like a thot did.

Sadly it looks like maybe more than one.

He's right tho
>>
>>1514299
Dubs of truth

Libcucks kys
>>
>>1514298
Ayyyyy 6 axis dildobot bro is here?
>>
File: images (4).jpg (7 KB, 209x241)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1514310

She better tie her hands back out of site with them salad fingers.

Nice tits tho
>>
>>1514320
>fuck.

Depression stockholms you

>fuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>1514359
RACIST REEEEEEEE JAJAJAHAAAAA!
>>
File: 38a.jpg (249 KB, 863x752)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>1514441
>>
>>1514615
>you want me to make a house out of a saguaro?

Yes
>>
>>1514700
Fuck you no it aint
>>
>>1515100
I live 45 miles from 3 towns with a walmart.

It aint bad until you get a water leak at 5:05pm and you haveto spend 2.5 hours driving to lowes for a $1.50 fitting...
>>
>>1514122
i've been doing city life for probably 10 years now and i really like it. its nice to be able to walk to pretty much anything i need and take the subway to work. there is always something interesting going on and its good for my non/out/ hobbies. plus its boston so is not really THAT big. i have a car and live like a 10 minute drive from where all the major highways meet so i can just bear left and start driving in the direction of the white mountains and northeast kingdom or bear right and shoot up coastal or the forks maine. i also am about 20 minutes from an international airport so i can just fly out to wherever pretty easy. but im also an /out/ hobbyist its not really a full blown "lifestyle" for me. eventually when its time for me to go out to pasture ill probably do the island life.
>>
>>1515370
F
>>
>>1515416
Because you can buy a 3 bedroom 2 bath house for $20,000 and land for $1,200 an acre anon
>>
>>1515429
Dammit. Thats one of the few citicuck things i need. A real estate investment club. The nearest one i van find is 3 hours away and starts 2 hours before i get off work.

I've considered starting my own club but then I'd just be sitting at the local steakhouse bored and depressed because everyone i know would rather wagecuck for 60 years and die broke then get in the game and have a fun as fuck 100 hour work week.

Getting rich is just a fun side effect.
>>
>>1515465
True. I pitty citicucks but they call me a redneck as if it's an insult. My life is fun as fuck. I traded a case of beer for a lawn mower yesterday. I'm bolting a 200 pound lead block to the back to ride wheelies.

You just cant do this shit in the city
>>
>>1515551
Kek. That's because you live in nyc. Like top 3 worst shitholes on earth man
>>
>>1533083
Pretty interesting to imagine your reality. Like, you're someone having "an actual life" in an obviously intelligent and responsible manner, and it's mostly taking place in cities, but then really serious about the /out/ on the side.

Boston probably does have it's own interestingly cool in ways vibe to it. I mean, ATL does too, flavored by the South pretty thickly in ways and places, but Boston has all that ancient rev era history, and of course the sea itself, which is as ancient as it gets, and its presence will always stir the soul in myriads of deeper ways.

Island seems an interesting final path and landing also. It's truly the pinnacle of "the calling of that salt life". You could have one of those stickers in your truck window, but unironically. Here, everyone has them based on that once a year max they get to go down to Panama City Beach or not much more, but live at least 7 hours from beach in the few directions it would be in. I have long felt sea callings myself. I briefly lived on San Juan Island in a tent in the woods up behind a harbor I worked at cleaning rooms and general grounds maintenance. I always loved going to Panama City Beach from birth up to a last trip in 2014 before divorce. During our son's earlier years we always camped at a state park there, but later the mother started insisting on staying in rooms. We stayed in neat rooms though, gotten from this real estate empire lady that buys up and rents out, Joni's, so it wasn't like just being in another condo. I am strongly considering exploring the lower eastern coast for a while when I do this post divorce leaving.
>>
>>1533091
Fuuuuuuuck yeah, I hear you preachin' over there, brother! You can take that lawn mower to the liquor store and bar whenever your wife hides the keys to the car tryin' to keep you from goin' again!

I just spoke at my first friend in life's funeral, at a small country church in our small country town surrounding area, and it was almost everyone old folks from the church we grew up in, with a very few of his just "life friends" outside of me, and his brother, literally the moment it was over, called me straight out to his car, opened up a backpack, and gave me a Cali vape kit he'd picked up in his traveling for work (cities, he's homed in Nashville now).

You are more generous than I with the pity for the citicucks, I just mostly despise the shit out of them!
>>
File: gj.jpg (19 KB, 300x300)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>1533105
Oh shit, I forgot pic related.
>>
>>1533101
dude i am so sorry about your divorce. i hope the post divorce trip reignites you.

the sea is my first love. i love the woods. i love the mountains... but i would pick being on the water over them pretty much every time. i base my vacations on places i want to swim or boat and 90 percent of my vacations are to small islands. even at home i at least see and smell the sea pretty much everyday . which is probably why i can enjoy living in Boston. i dont know how well i would do in Chi or really anywhere 7 hours from the ocean. its funny out mention San Juan. Ive narrowed my plan down to 5 islands and one of them is Vieques off the coast of Puerto Rico.
since we are getting personal: my "win the lotto" dream plan is to do a travel show called "wash-a-shore" where i travel and learn the history about all the little islands no one talks about

Boston's history is particularity cool for me because I've always admired the founding fathers. the american revolution and the Constitution is the only part of history (or pretty much any) class that really stuck for me. John Adams in particular has always been a hero of mine and i get to walk in his footsteps (literally) and practice law in court houses named after him his academic progeny. so yea boston is rad for that.
>>
>>1533113
Man, doing that show sounds like it would really be interesting and fun to produce, research included. During the last stretch of decent marriage, I started doing a local hillbilly talk show. I had the living room arranged into a down home hee haw talk show set, and a fire pit set out back. Guests came and we sat around getting life stories, talking about all kinds of subjects, and making music. I had a few local legends come by for episodes. But she shut me down, it was "embarrassing" and all that shit and she didn't believe in my plan to use it as advertising for my online t shirt designs (long gone now) and other misc business.

That you get to do that small island hopping like that already is spectacular to achieve just for your own experience of life. I would love the shit out of that as well. How globe spanning have you gone, and what makes you select Vieques? I do not know anything about it, but wonder what specific qualities draw you so heavily in that direction, especially wilderness/nature wise.

Holy shit yes on the doing law in Boston with that view!
>>
File: 200.png (10 KB, 300x100)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>1533126
Now, keep in mind when I say that, I had left an originally three man "ecommerce" startup, that was down to just two of us later, that is now a multimillion dollar success for the one. The other guy had been siphoning and fucked us, but I left because I didn't feel good about the nature of what we were selling.

Anway, I knew what I was doing with that show, and was preparing to shoe string launch and build from there, then use any success to explore greater investment options.

Pfffff. Whatever. But anyway, everything I own fits on a bicycle now, I learned how to eat earthworms and dig roots so the whole world can kiss my ass henceforth. Permanent /out/!
>>
>>1533126
if you are feeling it... post a link to the show! ill watch.

i heard about vieques from another attorney's dad who used was stationed there when in the army. he said it was paradise. i started researching and i found out half the island is a nature reserve with wild horses that run along empty pristine beaches (turned out to be wonderfully true). they also have a bioluminescent bay which is fucking unreal. it was like kayaking in a disney movie. every stroke glows and you could see the glow of every fish, turtle and shark that went under the kayak. i highly reccomend vieques. you wake up early. make some sandwiches, grab a six pack, load up a jeep, and drive into the reserve. off road until you find a spot of beach that looks empty and just bum on the beach all day. i spent one day just sailing form beach to beach. another day i explored this massive abandoned sugar milling facility in the woods. its fucking amazing. good food all over the island too. do a google street view of "Playa La Chiva, Vieques" and you will see what i mean.

ive been on islands all over the east coast from the golf of maine to key west. internationally i've on islands in the Caribbean, Mediterranean and Tasman. I think New Zealand would technically be the furthest since anything beyond that would be coming back. i am kind of halfway between /out/ and /trv/.

if that type of stuff interests you you are looking for a trip that spans half way between yuppie beach trip and getting rough /out/ check out vieques. if you want more fishing than woods do Long Island Bahamas. they are both very easy yet rewarding trips.
>>
>>1533146
on a side note: i was street viewing another spot tin the island i liked and i found this one to enrage /out/
https://www.google.com/maps/@18.1178194,-65.3737605,3a,35.8y,52.25h,87.11t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipP0xbG-NOqgaE4riDBW0blBvD6466sQ3tbMXxS5!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipP0xbG-NOqgaE4riDBW0blBvD6466sQ3tbMXxS5%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya192.12646-ro0-fo100!7i8704!8i4352
>>
>>1533146
Holy fuck. The first time I saw biolum was laying down on the edge of a long dock on San Juan Island (WA), to look down into the reflections of the stars. Then I was like...there are stars below this as well...it was not nearly as strong as what you're describing though, that would be fully psychedelic seeing the strokes and fish/shark/turtle glow in motion along with it.
>>
>>1533152
i've seen bioluminescence a few times in caves and in the water but nothing even comes close to this place.
no camera will do it justice but this is the best video that i have seen;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dk-sNnMsCY (at 1:25)
>>
>>1533169
ho
li
fuck
>>
>>1533198
if you can afford it--- take the trip mang. get a little aribnb cottage outside of Esperanza rent a jeep and just do it. its not going to be the greatest /out/ adventure of all time but its a great little escape.
>>
>>1533273
Should that miracle occur I shall indeed! My son is in Costa Rica right now, getting to see the rain forest, and do science learning adventures. It was his big post hs grad trip instead of degenerate shit in FLA. I am looking forward to any observations of the environment and peoples he shares with me upon return.
>>
>>1514351
This.
>>
>>1533354
>>1514351
Yes. People lose themselves in cities. They are very dangerous.
>>
>>1514258
Totally this, all cities with more than 1000 habitants should be nuked.
First thing I'd do if I was elected president dTeBsHu
>>
>>1514310
Cope harder faggot
>>
>>1515532
living in the 25-45 minute radius outside of a city is probably the worst place to live. that's best buy, target, chain coffee, mall tier living where a night out" is domestic beer at TGIFridays with your kids friends parents. its the kind of place where people take high school sports seriously. the only reason to live in a place like that is if they have a good school system for your kid who will end up doing nothing but smoking pot in convenience store parking lots and listening to neutral milk hotel anyways. either go all out or all in. don't try straddle it.
>>
>>1533043
Got any good places to read up on a nz green card?
>>
You say you found a peace of land
Gonna change from city boy to country man
Try to build your life with your hands
You got to keep on smilin', keep on smilin'
>>
>>1533634
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Al_yAdqEM
This city desert makes you feel so cold
It's got so many people, but it's got no soul
And it's taken you so long
To find out you were wrong
When you thought it held everything

He's got this dream about buying some land
He's gonna give up the booze and the one-night stands
And then he'll settle down
In some quiet little town
And forget about everything
But you know he'll always keep moving
You know he's never gonna stop moving

sax
>>
File: side-eye-chloe.jpg (16 KB, 533x300)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>1533746
>>
>>1533042
See, the advantage to being in a city is that you would not have to bury painkillers to be able to drive yourself to a hospital an hour away. Instead, you'd just call a ride and be there in 15 minutes.
>>
>>1533756
Nah, we're rarely quite that far from at least a rudimentary hospital, and we only take pain meds for recreation, never "need".
>>
>>1533043
>I'm truly dissapointed in my country allmost electing shillary
>my solution is to move to a country that elected their own version of her
>>
>>1514258
>>1514320
>>1514351
>>1525120
>>1528795
>>1533043
I didn't know it was possible to read minds.
>>1529741
You got it backwards. Psycopaths prefer isolation instead of socialization because they can't connect with anyone.
>>
>>1514351
>hoping from social group to social group
That's because they don't have any actual friends. Merely fair weather friends that disappear the moment you actually need them.
In fact it's the city that causes this behavior. There is no need to form meaningful relationships since you can just change your friend group so easily. And it's not just friends but girl/boyfriends as well.

This wouldn't have been easy in a smaller town where everyone knows everyone. You helped people and they would help you in return. It's the only way for a community to work. And without these deep relations you just feel lonely, even if you have a thousand friends on facebook.
>>
>>1514122
Pros of living in the city
>more people
Cons of living in the city
>more poeple
>>
>>1535303
I'm not the guy you are replying to but what are you on about? I have friends who like cycling so I meet them when it's sunny and we go biking. Other friends dont own bikes but love cooking so I meet up with them to make a Sunday roast. This does not make any of these relationships meaningless.
Couldn't you argue if you are freinds with people in your town simply because they are only ones there you didny have a choice so that makes the relationship meaningless?
I help my neighbours in city. We hold each other's packages and watch one another's bikes.
I've lived in small fishing villages and it's very easy for people to fall between cracks, alienate a few people in community and become very lonely.
>>
>>1533425
Is this American sprawl? In Sweden and most of Scandinavia that distance from a city is a pure rural area.
>>
It's convenience and laziness. They have no interest in the outdoors or the work and responsibilities of owning a house so there's no point in living in the countryside. Muh events is just a shitty reason because they spend 99% of evenings watching Netflix or playing video games. You can easily just drive to the city from the countryside when you need to.

I've also heard women don't feel safe alone on the countryside and they can't stand solitude for periods.
>>
>>1535347
Our cities in Scandinavia are generally much smaller. Especially the geographical size of suburbs in the U.S. are in many places fuckhuge compared to ours.
Therefore you can easily live in a suburb of a "large" city here and still be in biking/bus distance of both the city centre and the rural areas.

But that being said, I tend to agree with him. I'd prefer either living quite central and actually being able to enjoy the city life - and then having good acces to puplic transportation that will take me outside of the city OR living outside of the supurbs and having nature outside of my doorstep.
The idea of ending up in a stereotype suburb is not something I hope for.
>>
>>1535353
What is there even to do in the city a normal afternoon after work that doesn't involve spending money on overpriced food or alcohol? I live in a city and I just get home to the computer.
>>
>>1535353
Pretty much the same feeling here. I've got stores, pubs, cafes I frequent when I'm in the city. They recognise me when I visit, we chat, it's kinda comfy country life in the city. When I was at uni I was in the inner city of a univeristy town, everyone was cheerful, I helped out groups and neighbours here and there, we talked, comfy. Similar to what I get out of living in the country.

Suburbia is a hellscape of chain stores and suspicion. No community beyond some bitter old biddies telling you what color your house needs to be, no community values.
>>
>>1515793
>muh it makes me happy
Ask here if she lives only to be happy with material pleasure.
>>
>>1535359
See people you know, invite them over, go to local concerts and other events ect.

>>1535366
Agreed
>>
>>1535506
>>1535366
I still don't really get it. Going to a cafe or a concert sounds like a special occassion to me. I'd be way too tired if I were to do that every day.

The entire city lifestyle is centered around consumtion (you mentioned shopping as a hobby) and it doesn't appeal to me at all.
>>
File: 8594308.jpg (328 KB, 1280x853)
328 KB
328 KB JPG
i much prefer the city life. nothing is better to me than being surrounded by huge shiny buildings and monuments, glowing signals, people walking around minding their own business and the sounds of shops and cars. not to mention how comfy some cityscapes can look.
i don't dislike nature, and i enjoy going on hikes and trips to the countryside, but i can't stand to stay away from civilization for too long. the concrete jungles have claimed me.
>>
>>1535359

there is plenty of consumption stuff to do. i skateboard with friends, go to an MMA gym, sometimes i take a yoga class. other days the the wife and i walk around square or walk on the river path to people watch. she likes art galleries and art museums, ill go to those with her. sometimes i just walk to the harbor and watch boats go by.
>>
>>1537050
haha sorry plenty of non-consumption.
>>
>virgin antfarm wagecuck VS chad WfH digital peasant
Just find a stacie in the city, nut in her a few times then move to countryside. Innawoods will fix most of these women by “depriving” them of ceaseless social media browsing, deadend social circles (single females=crabs in bucket), shitty parents, etc. Plus a man can provide for a family with an average salary especially when supplemented by garden, animals, etc
>>
>>1525129
Learn what materialism is, brainlet.
>>
>>1514122
>meet new people
roastie confirmed
>>
>>1536586
>the concrete jungles have claimed me.
larp harder, faggot.
>>
I get anxious when surrounded by lots of people. I hate large crowds and apartment living, it's like you're a domesticated animal. Land is grand.
>>
>>1515029
>Burbs also make it harder for urbanites to partake in the outdoors as you need to drive through them to get out.

The burbs I live in are halfway between the city and all of the areas I fish and hunt, so it's working out for me, about a 30 minute drive away. Best of both worlds.
>>
File: IMG_20190606_083011.jpg (585 KB, 3264x2448)
585 KB
585 KB JPG
Pic related is from the trip I made one week ago, but today had to return yet again into the city, which is essentially like entering Satan's asshole on a roller coaster that depends heavily upon your skill to navigate and survive. Anyone who thrives in such an environment is essentially an ayy lmao to me.
>>
File: sum435.jpg (160 KB, 1021x1300)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>1537507
BTW, it just so happened that Roy Acuff doin' "Great Speckled Bird" was playin' in the background while I was writin' that. Did you know that Roy was the original recorder of "Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain", and was written by Fred Rose rather than Willie himself? I was actually shocked at that one, for some reason.
>>
>>1514193
based
>>
>>1514258
I'm a cityfag and this is absolutely true.
>>
>>1533043
>move to an even more awful liberal to escape liberals
You're fucking retarded. US is the most anti-liberal country in the west, stay here.
>>
>>1533088
What fucking state?
>>
>>1518891
based
>>
>>1521018
>he can't appreciate art
>he can't appreciate architecture
>he can't appreciate live music
>he can't appreciate fine dining
>he literally can't imagine being in a different environment without morally devolving.
>he is pretending like rural areas aren't suffering from their own drug abuse, and opioid epidemics
>he pretends that farm kids don't get pissed up all. The. Fucking. Time.
>he pretends that country girls aren't huge sluts in their own rite.

stop it :(

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.