[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 20 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Any scuba divers out there?
>>
>>1510223
I cant afford it right now, but its one of my life goals. I snorkel as much as i can when on vacation at the sea.
>>
>>1510223
Not professional but have done it a few times on vacation before. Saw some pretty cool shit, especially in Mexico and Vietnam
Thinking of getting my certification next year
>>
I was taught how years ago and loved every minute of it, but I never bothered to get certified. I ought to one of these days, even if the waters where I live are silty as fuck unless you get way the hell out there.
>>
yup i scuba and freedive as much as i can in local lakes and stuff. I want to get into cavediving next
>>
>>1510223
That shit looks terrifying.
>>
>>1510451
Don’t forget to seek out some Top Treasure, anon.
>>
Went to commercial dive school and am starting my own business doing freelance dive work for locals around the water here (PNW area).
I've always loved being in the water, pretty psyched to get started.
>>
>>1510223
Yuah, got my Ice cert this winter
>>
Yeah lad, got my OWD cert in 2016
thinking of maye doing the advanced course this year
>>
>>1510223
Yes. It's great, but trips are expensive. I only go one/year at most.
>>1510425
see if there are any local quarries or anything. Some of them are stocked with fish and have interesting stuff (I've seen one with a sunken bus and other things). Not anything like diving in the tropics, but at least it's better than some shitty cloudy midatlantic dive
>>
>>1511392
Why even go to DIT if you're just gonna do hull wipes and recovery?
>>
>>1515781
I'm part of the union, just waiting on my company to get some work for me. We're just now getting out of the slow season afaik.
>>
>>1515784
Fair enough, Im in famine mode too.
Global or Ballard?
>>
>>1510223
This... >>1505895

Check the catalog
>>
>>1515942
AUS actually.
I've been trying to get on with both Global and Ballard but no luck yet.
How long have you been diving?
Did you go to dit?
>>
>>1515960
About 5 years. When did you graduate? Global is tough to get your foot in the door.
I actually was one of the owners of a smaller company in Seattle before I moved.
>>
>>1516169
2017. Did some work with a potable company based out of South Dakota and then came back and got on with aus. I haven't actually been in a hat for about a year now.
What happened to your company? Why'd you move?
>>
>>1516177
Company is still going but theyre not hiring.
I just got sick of the pnw basically, took my money and ran. Diving somewhere warmer now.
If AUS isn't giving you work or putting you in a hat then fuck them. Id start looking around. Cali has all the best union gigs.
>>
>>1516179
Cool, I'll look around down there.
Any companies in particular you'd recommend?
>>
>>1516189
Theres myers marine division and phoenix I think. But id get in touch with some of the union halls down there and see what they got going.
We won a lot of bids off aus when I was working up there and they always seemed like dicks haha. Good luck bro, fair winds and following seas.
>>
>>1516205
You too. Thanks man.
>>
I just got certified this year, hopefully will save enough money for a trip to Malaysia for my next dive
>>
File: 447_1525461727935.jpg (271 KB, 768x1024)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
Im an instructor, tech diver, and commercial diver. Diving is life... diving is love.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.