[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 99 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Hiking Stick Thread

Anybody here actually use these? If so, do you prefer wood or those telescopic aluminium ones?
>What are the best woods to use?
>where did you find and cut your Stickfriend?
>how did you make your Stickfriend useful and aesthetic?
>Any stories where your Stickfriend proved their worth?
>>
Cedar is best as it grows fast straight hard and dries out quick. I’ve got a cedar staff I found in the woods a while back I leave it laying against some trees near the trailhead I come in at and loop around to, pick it up when I start my hike.
>>
File: 1546086848065.gif (88 KB, 1602x1006)
88 KB
88 KB GIF
>>1498338
I've been using a 3/4" square dowel of red oak that I cut from a length of baseboard. It's 5' long. Never hike without it, saves my knees while going downhill and also saved mt from falling more than once. Very practical.
>>
>>1498338
I just pick something up near the start and then lean it up against a tree afterwards.
>>
>>
>>1498556
$$$
>>
>>1498556
>>>/lgbt/
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (211 KB, 1280x720)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>1498338
I use wood. I feel like all hardwoods are good and density and appearance are the main difference.
You can find them aged out in the woods, though some will tend to crack lengthwise being exposed out there. It's also perfectly fine to pick them up green and they will lose water content over time.
The main process is removing side branches, removing bark (a vegetable peeler works) and then the tools of choice to get everything smooth.
I actually have yet to coat sticks in anything, but I'm planning on doing that pretty soon.
I think a good stick will have shapes that help you effortlessly grip, sort of like the way the straps on telescoping sticks keep your hands attached. A slight forward curve helps as well. However plenty would argue for straightness and uniformity instead.
The stick basically makes everything easier and safer, as if there's always a tree to hold on to. Though on perfectly flat terrain, I think it's a hindrance.
>>
>>1498590
What if I’m in Canada where we only really have softwood? I’m in NS specifically.
>>
Thinking of making a permanent one, but I don't have a fireplace to cure it properly. And I no longer live in the forest, so it'd be an entire expedition to try and find a nice hardwood sapling.
>>
I make bokken from hickory and would trust it to make a good hiking stick as well. It's strong, resilient, and pretty inexpensive if your in the US.
>>
>>1498603
Lolwut
>>
>>1498603
That sounds rough. Not sure what I'd go for.
I guess do your best to figure out where any hardwood populations might be in a different location.
>>
>>1498643
Scotia means softwood in Canada. They can’t get hard. Wood.
>>
>>1498654
B’y.
>>
>>1498621
Scratch that. I guess alder is hardwood, and it grows fucking everywhere.
Should be easy to find a nice standing one. Now to work out how to age, polish, and preserve...
>>
>>1498687
I wonder if there’s a general map of tree types. And if it’s legal for me to (for instance) go into a Provincial park and remove a single fallen branch for hiking stick making.
>>
>>1498338
I use aluminium trekking poles because I actually go out instead of larping
>>
>>1498770
$$$$
>>
>>1498338
>Anybody here actually use these?
Yes. For tough terrain, they're extremely useful. On the trail, I usually carry my staff over the shoulder.
>If so, do you prefer wood or those telescopic aluminium ones?
Wood. Aluminium is to light. If you've got a some weight above your hand, the stick will swing on it's own and require almost no strength, whereas those light aluminium sticks need to be moved actively and tire your arms much quicker. Also, the wooden staffs and sticks can be used as weapons, which is necessary here (germany) - to many fuckers here can't be bothered to train or leash their dogs. Since I don't like carrying my gun (open carry isn't completely legal here, so I'd have to either wear a long jacket or carry IWB, both of which suck imo) and carrying cold weapon large enough to deal with dogs with is even more bothersome I just put a slightly larger than usual point on my staff. Works quite well.
>What are the best woods to use?
In europe, hazel, ash and blackthorn are traditionally used.
Basically, you can use everything that won't break or bend easily and isn't to heavy. If you do not know much about wood, anything that's used to shaft striking tools or weapons is suitable.
>where did you find and cut your Stickfriend?
My neighbout wanted to throw a long ash shafted garden tool away because the head had broken of. I scavenged the shaft.
>how did you make your Stickfriend useful and aesthetic?
Polished it, treated it with hot beeswax and added a steel point to one end (for soft ground) and a steel endcap (for hard ground that would blunt the point) to the other. That's only useful for actual hiking sticks though - on a hunting stick, you should leave one end uncapped as the steel caps will make noise at the most inopportune moments.
>Any stories where your Stickfriend proved their worth?
yes, nothing interesting though. just the usual walking up steep inclines and fighting off agressive dogs.
>>
>>1498603
Windsor Plywood my frien
>>
>>1498929
I really enjoyed your answer, thank you!
>>
>>1498761
Generally speaking, parks are designated to create or preserve. So there's usually some stipulation that you shouldn't be taking things out of the park, including fallen branches. On the other hand, there are trails I can do where I won't even see a person, let alone a park ranger, and that's on a 75F Saturday. Just don't be flagrant about it and nobody will be up your ass.
>>
i know a dude who went on a massive drug bender in the woods, had a "spiritual connection" with the stick he found and has been adding stuff to it from his adventures ever since, like a bicycle bell and bits of a license plate from a car crash, stuff carved into it or painted on it
>>
>>1498367
whats that peephole stuff? i dont get it
>>
I always find a stick in the outing itself. I bring it back home saying to myself that I'll take it out again but I never do. The pile grows larger all the time.
>>
I make a club while I walk do you understand?
>>
>>1499032
useful in land navigation to use as reference points on landmarks to establish position if for some reason you don't have a compass and as a right-angle guide for shelter building to help mark corners.

That method's handy to find fishing spots on the lake by sighting the angles on landmarks and hilltops to put me roughly in the area i want to be fishing without gps. Really handy in summer when the fish are suspended deep over submerged structure.
>>
>>1499029
sounds like a psychotic break
>>
>>
>>1499528
why the soiboi on the right is wearing a fuckin skirt
>>
>>1499602
Rotten balls in pants rubbing. Yeah that sounds great
>>
>>1499699
Nigga its not hard to wash your fucking balls. People have been doing it for ages.
>>
>>1499602
5.11 Tactical Kilt unironically
>>
>>1499602
it does look gay (and maybe he is gay) but it certainly would make daily shits much more convenient. and then if you are gay, ass and cock access is immediate.
>>
>>1498567
You can buy those cheaper from chinks and the quality is pretty good imo

>>1498573
Hiking poles are nothing more than a tool to make your trip easier. There are several good reasons to use them, nothing lame about them
>>
>>1499845
He's obviously gay. Hence that fucking color scheme.
>>
>>1498338
I use a wading staff when river fishing or putting out duck decoys, does that count?
>>
>>1499861
Is that your personal mantra you use trying in vain to convince yourself?
>>
>>1498603
>Canada
>Only softwood

Are... Are you dumb? Birch, Poplar, Maple, oak, Hickory, seen them all around NB. NS should have no shortage either.
>>
>>1499946
No, that's just common sense
>>
>>1499946
nah, hiking poles are just basic equipment for anyone going more than 5 hours a day in the mountains
wouldn't expect American bush larpers to understand so don't worry about it
take your 5 knives and go be manly in the wood behind your house, maybe so some battoning
>>
>>1499946
>being a faggot about people's choice of equipment
>being a faggot about people's walking sticks in a walking stick thread
go be a gearfag on /k/
>>
>>1498338
How do you even use one correctly?
I never had aa benefit from using one, maybe ive been doing it wrong all along.
>>
>>1499984
Could be in northern canada. hardwood still might be out there, just very difficult to find
>>
I use a sharpened broomstick with a cord drilled into the other end
>>
If I feel like I want one I grab a stick out of the bush and break it off at the right length.
They're handy if you have a long or steep hill or unstable footing but not normally worth carrying around
>>
>>1498556
you are either a faggot or 50+
>>
>>1500541
Indeed. Saw this in the Pinhoti group today:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOEJ6cJcHjmPmNY50_TyLp-tKZbM9RugzTyYwJbtVeLFv2SNLtl-6PR-5CV50lwLw/photo/AF1QipNfPUEBEUOpAKxZk-uCf44ELB9QM8E4vyS3tszJ?key=LXJCVkNwNHRhSDZUTVdUcm1TbTg1U09BUkxNMkdn
>>
>>1500548

And?
>>
>>1500593
Can you not see for yourself how the fellow tries to use his fagsticks through all that until it becomes utterly impossible?
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (519 KB, 607x663)
519 KB
519 KB PNG
all i need is a nice long stout quarterstaff
>>
>>1500607
What do you fucking expect him to do?
> Takes a good couple of minutes to collapse them, take of bag, attach them somewhere and put the bag back on.
> then navigate this obstacle with LESS support for five minutes
> then spend almost another five minutes taking bag off, taking the poles off, putting bag on and adjusting the pole height to correct height.
No one does this shit for a few fallen trees.
The only fag here is you who comments on shit he doesn't understand.
>>
>>1500607
>has poles for more stability since he's carrying a pack
wow what a retard
you sure showed them anon
>>
>>1500676
>What do you fucking expect him to do?
I just find easier ways around such things because I'm not psychologically locked into
>muh trail
He's not even using them, just doing the fagstick swing till the bitter end.
>>1500682
If stability is his goal, then an actual walking stick would serve much better, bearing more weight. You two have busted too many nuts to Darwin on the Trail vids.
>>
>>1500695
I don't watch YouTube
in 10 years of hiking in Europe the only people who I saw with walking sticks were crusty hippies at festivals, which is I suspect the same kind of larping that you people on this board do, except you're larping that you're hard men
basically I know 100% that you weren't out this weekend
>>
File: psssh.jpg (48 KB, 630x500)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>1500698
>Europe
>>
>>1500698
All sticks are bad?
>>
>>1500710
here you go friend, >>1498774 a thread where you can larp with the best of them
>>
>>1500720
Isn't it sad that in your mind there's only the potential between the binary of either being a faggot, or larping?
>>
File: 1535308065227.jpg (1.47 MB, 2560x1536)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
>>1498338
I cut a stick to fit as a tent pole both because I wanted to have the pole carry me instead of me carry the pole and because I'm cheap
>>
>>1499910
And the trekking poles.
>>
>>1498929
Cool
>>
File: Snapchat-1890511181.jpg (1019 KB, 934x1920)
1019 KB
1019 KB JPG
Found a stick, wrapped it in 100 ft of paracord which doubled as a sling for it. Pretty useful as far as variable terrain hiking goes
>>
>>1498929
I've got problems with dogs as well. What length/thickness is your stick?
>>
>>1501255
Pretty nice, and not faggy, complete with checked dubs support.
>>
I stole mine from a beaver lodge and skinned the bark and hit it with some oil. I don't know what kind it is, I only know the sound it makes when it keeps me from falling in a creek.
>>
File: i-dont-know-zkh3b9.jpg (44 KB, 500x333)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>1501478
Reference made me laugh.
Nice.
>>
>>1498338
After last week (2 Day trip with 20km per day in a very hilly area) Im thinking about getting one of those walking sticks, but I need one you can collapse or something and it should expand to about 1,45m so that I can use it as tentpole. Would also be nice if I could hit animals with it if necessary. Is aluminium enough or should I go for carbon?
>>
>>1502902
Carbon can be less predictable than aluminium. I had a pole shatter in one place from tapping snow off some ski skins and had to make the rest of the trip on a stick splinted with firewood.
Aluminium may bend but at least I can know that it won't pull that kind of bullshit.
>>
File: 0427191359.jpg (3.66 MB, 4160x2336)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB JPG
Found this growing out of the ground when I was 7, cut it, smoothed it with sand paper, and a few years ago my brother put a malachite inlay into it, I've always loved this staff.
>>
>>1502918
looks really cool, would LARP as wild magician if innawoods
>>
>>1502915
>shattered carbon
yeah, I know that from arrows... did totally forget carbon did that. Thanks for the input, aluminium it is!
>>
>>1498338
I need to make one. My current shelter system relies on a stout walking stick.
>>
>>1498338
i've been using the same hiking stick that I found in the woods near my hometown. He is my oldest friend :')
>>
>>1502918
magical.
Looks real good, be sure to keep it around for a long time.
>>
>>1500753
rare merchant?
>>
Well, i'm Polish, and we have this as our national /out/ walking stick...
>>
>>1499946
>t. Bushcrafter who has never hiked more than 10 miles
>>
File: jasperfire.jpg (1.74 MB, 2048x1536)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
>>1498603

In areas where there have been forest fires, look for scorched saplings that are still standing, fire hardened pine is an improvement over regular pine.
>>
>>1498567
Apparently $30 at Costco is too expensive for poorfags like you
>>
>>1505916
>t. psychic that has to give lots of refunds
>>
>>1505969
I chuckled
>>
File: 1548035516472.jpg (261 KB, 960x696)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>1505963
Stick: Free. 1 man-hours digging and carving.
Lard: $3.99 .3 man-hours of application. Uses .05 liters, leaves remainder for cooking.
Fire-curing: Free. .005 man hours to affix and remove from chimney.

So yes. 30 USD for a fancy stick is too much.
>>
>>1505963
They found a way to sell you a fucking STICK

and not just a stick, a stick that you use to take you into the forrest where you will find millions of STICKS!

fuuuuuuuuck,
a great example of the consumer paradigm
>>
>>1506034
how much do you value your time? 1.3 hrs of man power from someone competent is 20-30 usd already.
>>
>>1502918
>I will never have a brother that cool
it hurts bros
>>
>>1506034
Does your stick get shorter or longer on a whim. What if your shelter needs a 42” stick, and your carved walking stick is only 36”
>>
>>1502918
Might make a nice bow or a terrible bow. Like if the twists sat in the right place for a natural arrow shelf.
>>
>>1507345
You are an idiot if you know what your shelter needs and still make one too short.
>>
>>1507375
You are an idiot if you want to always carry around a 42" stick just to use for your shelter. A collapsable stick wont get in the way when you dont need it and is lighter. In the end, why do you need to proof that its better to carry a regular stick? In the end everyone should do as they please
>>
>>1507380
Everyone can do as they please, but the ones who wish to carry "trekking poles" are major faggots.
>>
>>1507375
The size of a wooden walking stick isn’t necessarily the size of a pole your shelter needs. Some people also like to have longer poles for descents and shorter poles for ascents. If you’re walking on flats for a section, you might just want to collapse your poles and attach them to your pack to get them out of your way.
Get out and hike more
>>
>>1501300
Personally I go with slightly above my head. Good weight and balance, and most importantly it will catch any spiderwebs on the trail. About half and inch to an inch is good for thickness. You want a bit of give without it being too wobbly. The most important thing is that it needs to be as straight as possible to properly transfer the load. And always have the thickest part on top so that you don't have to swing the weight around and can control it easier.
>>
>>1507449
Actually now that I think about it mine are slightly shorter than me. When you lift it to take a step it will be at about the right height.
>>
I'm 6' and something like 4.5' to 5' is what I go for. Shorter isn't helpful in difficult crossings, taller is a bit too much stick.
>>
>>1507375
If you're a tarpfag then sometimes you want to pitch closer to the ground or you've dug a hole (in my case in the snow) that you put the tarp over.
Being able to expand my hiking poles to just the right length lets me unfuck my tarp pitch.

>>1507410
there are pros and cons to all approaches. As an avid Winter and often foul weather hiker I wouldn't pass them up but I've also often wanted a properly long LARP staff.
>>
>>1507410
no, the ones not going outdoors ever but instead talking about making a wooden stick and talking about taking it outdoors are faggots.
Used sticks every hike, in the beginning I always just took one from the forest but now I use one trekking pole, which is awesome as I can just expand it to my every need without killing or searching for other sticks. Also it cost me 5 dollars because it was used. As >>1507419 said, hike more
>>
There's a MEC gear swap near me later this month. I think I'll see if I can get an extendable pole for myself then. I would get a stick, but no way of actually prepping it or curing it to make it permanent.
Would it make sense to buy from a local artisan that specializes in them though? And how much should I be paying?
>>
>>1508066
Your mom paid 50$ for my extendable pole last night.
>>
>>1508068
How far does it extend?
>>
>>1508078
Ask her
>>
>>1504345
thats not a poland only thing tho
are allowed to walk around with it tho?
im sure authorities would be butthurt seeing this and some sperg hiker would call the cops on your ass here
>>
>>1499989
based
>>
>>1506939
I don't. Money is meaningless.
By carving and curing your own, you create capital outside of inequity. If you're not consuming or producing, does the system know you exist?
>>1507345
You tie half hitches to shore up your clove hitch? You notch or undulate the shaft for variable mounting? You anchor it at an angle?
Or you stop being a mewling pissbaby and learn to improvise. Wasn't "critical thinking" written on every rubric since the second grade?
>>1507419
**Slides hand.**
**Lashes to pack**
Wut?
>>
File: 20190503_161108.jpg (3.66 MB, 4032x3024)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB JPG
>>1508177
Nah. I'm allowed to carry a sword if I want to. And the most I got was "mommy, that mister has a real ciupaga". It helps that in Poland, people instantly know what it is, and what it's for. And i have the blade covered with leather.
>>
>>1509471
>Panama
>>
>>1509476
whoops, sorry, I assumed you were talking about my country. I brought back a bit of a cold (2 days of sore throat, 2 days of running nose, like effing clockwork, every, single, time.).

I don't know the laws in Panama, and I'm not going there in the forseeable future.

But hey, here's something to think about: I also do early medieval reenactment, and ca 9th century, carrying weapons was the right of every free person, but even thralls (slaves) could have knives, as those were considered essential edc items.

Shows just how pussyfied this earth is becoming.
>>
>>1509471
What was the main use? Self defense or cutting high branches?
I dig the aesthetic, any way of getting one in Italy?
>>
File: Klimek3.jpg (71 KB, 355x548)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>1509669
>main use

climbing (has a spike on the end of the haft). You can also use the axehead to pull yourself up.

Pic related is Klemens Bachleda - a famed mountain guide and volounteer of the TOPR (mountain rescue service in Poland), who died in an avalanche in 1910, while trying to save an injured climber stuck on a mountainside.

Ciupaga/Valaska was also used by highland robbers such as Janosik, and Ondraszek, and in Hungary (among the Hucul people), it is known as Fokos, and you can look up fighting vids on YT. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8PT_mcMivY

As for getting one in Italy, you can look up Paps Custom Axes and Tomahawks on FB (maker of mine, and world-renowned), I'm sure he ships all over the world.

Also https://www facebook com/pg/pawelromeokowalstwo/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2468275959883762

or you can search in Slovakia under the name Valaska.
>>
>>1509824
Not sure how much shipping would be, but the base price is very reasonable. There are lower quality blacksmith items for twice the price from other sellers.
>>
>>1509832
yeah, Paps makes some really awesome stuff, and is a really cool guy if you ever have a chance to meet him in person.
>>
>>1509561
>equator joke
>>
bump
>>
>>1498338

Made a paracord grip for my jo from my aikido days. Hefty as fuck, but of course heavy too.

I tried to put some of those trail badges on it from hikes I've done but the wood is too hard to get a tack into. Maybe I'll drill and screw them in someday.
>>
I want to get something nice in Canada, specifically from the Maritimes.
>>
>>1511544
Make that someday today anon, you'll have had fun
>>
>>1499699
wearing a skirt is not going to prevent that. probably make it worse. get some vaseline fatty.
>>
>>1499602
Looks like a utilikilt
>>
>>1509471
>>1509824
What's a good measure for this? Up to your lower ribs?
Probably going to try my hand at this with a Ash rake handle and a spare tomahawk head.
>>
>>1501300
~1.9m length and ~28mm diameter. it's too long to swing it properly and pretty much limited to thrusts though. if you want a staff solely for defense, a shorter staff (1.3-1.5m) is better unless you're trained in using a spear or quarterstaff.
>>
File: 20190503_145236.jpg (2.72 MB, 4032x3024)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB JPG
>>1512864
About 1m haft ~300g head, give or take.

Roughly the size of a walking cane, but with an axe head.
>>
>>1512941
Ok, wtf? I know i'm posting from my phone, but come on, Australia?
>>
>>1502918
forbidden pizza knot dough
>>
>>1512943
The Aussies are in your phone, cunt.
>>
>>1513450
But it was made in Korea...
>>
>>1511544
I'd like to see this
>>
>>1498556
seen em bend and break under the weight of jaundiced thru-hikers. I'll take a length of manuka wood any day
>>
>>1504345
>>1509471
>>1512941
Nice. Mind telling me where did you buy it? I'm Polish as well, but I don't know about any good places to buy one - those available on allegro don't look nearly as sturdy and nice as yours.
>>
>>1499602
It's the mountain hardwear kilt.
>>
>>1499032
Example: Sight at pine tree on top of hill, stick pole in ground.
Sight through other hole, find an object that's a right angle from the original sighted object.

Good for navigation
>>
>>1498761
Visited my parents' for dinner. Some developer had just cleared the lot next to them, and I felt compelled to go out.
I literally found an uprooted sapling without stepping into the ditch. Rootball still intact, unblemished for seven feet. Hung it, and it'll be a nice full-size by fall.

Tool around rural areas and urban infill for new construction. You may just get lucky.
>>
>>1498556
Boomer Staff
>>
>>1498929
Muslims are afraid of dogs. As a German you should surround yourself with a herd of dogs at all times.
>>
>>1499482
You mean psychiatric break
>>
>>1505934
I have 100.75 acres of land in the Catskills an I have a patches of literally >pic related trees that are young hickory that shoot straight the fuck up that surround old growth hickory trees. Every year I get woodnuts trying to log on my land. I usually tell them to fuck off. Have a lot of pines, oaks and such. I am told I should hire someone to really survey all the trees, and look for some type of chestnut tree. I like the hickory trees, strong wood - I knwo its what they use on axe handles and other tools
>>
>>1498929
Are you a hunter?
>>
bump
>>
>>1504345
>Polish
>Dane Axe
lol get pillaged
>>
>>1498590
Wouldn't removing the bark while the wood isn't completely dry cause it to split?
>>
>>1516222
>Are you a hunter?
No. Or more precisely, not yet as I'm currently saving up for a hunting license. german hunting licenses are fucking expensive (~2000€ training and testing + ~1000€ guns + ammo for training).

If you're asking because of my advice to leave one end uncapped to stop the staff from making noise, that's advice a hunter gave me, and the capped end on my staff indeed makes an audible sound when hitting stone.

If you're asking because of what I wrote about guns, german laws allow carrying certain guns and crossbows for every citizen who's at least 18 years old and not expressly prohibited from owning weapons by court order. While in theory, both open and concealed carry are legal, there have been cases in the past where open carry was considered "Nötigung" (threatening others into something) when the person carrying the gun got into an argument even though the gun was never touched or brandished, placing open carry into a legal gray area where it's basically legal, but people can still get you in trouble for it. Not a risk I want to take and not necessary either, as I can handle staff and knife well enough to fend of a stray dog (and probably humans as well, though that was never necessary). I only carried firearms when I was in school as the school I went to was close to a school with lots of small time thugs who would often make trouble on the train. Never had to use the gun though.
>>
>>1520082
No. The wood splits because it dries out faster at the ends. removing the bark actually stops it from splitting somewhat. It's even better if you soak the ends in wax or wood glue to make them try a bit slower.
>>
>>1520078
>thinking that's what a dane axe looks like
kys
>>
>>1520121
I see. For some reason, most of the sticks I have tried, ended up checking the day after removing their bark.
>>
>>1499029
I'm imagining this as either looking like a literal pile of garbage or pretty cool.
>>
>>1499528
Neckbeard McGee and Skirty G are back at it.
>>
>>1506939
If you don’t have 1.5 hours of free time you’re definitely not enough to be /out/ling
>>
>>1508079
She said 2 inches and she wants her money back
>>
>>1520120
Jesus dude for that much you can buy a lifetime hunting license in the US.
>>
File: 20170625_135406.jpg (767 KB, 2048x1152)
767 KB
767 KB JPG
6' long birch, always bring it on scrambles. In the rockies so lots of scree, helps a ton.
>>
>>1498338
Wood. Ironwood [American Hornbeam, Carpinus caroliniana] to be more specific. My stickfriend came from a random gully in west-central Indiana. No aesthetic improvements required. Stickfriend is useful for maintaining balance when going up or down step grades, and when crossing fast-moving water.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.