[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 29 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Now accepting credit card payment for 4chan Pass purchases and renewals. Click here for details.

What’s in your bug out bag?
>>
Nothing, because I'm not a LARPer faggot.
>>
>>1452723
Emergency preparedness isn't a larp. There's no such thing as zombies but there are mundane things like floods and bush fires and most generations will have to deal with a few major ones.
>>
>>1452724
Bug out bags are a larp.

The rest of us just have our camping gear neatly organized, and can throw it in a rucksack within a short time frame.

Trust me, using the term "bug out bag" makes you sound like you get fucked in the ass by a 300lb bubba.
>>
>>1452726
OK so whats in your "not bug out bag" retard
>>
>>1452728
Well I have a garage full of organizer bins which contain various different gear for various different seasons and intents. large stoves, small stoves, down sleeping bags, synthetic sleeping bags, hammocks, bivies, tents, boots.

Basically the type of camping and hiking gear that one acquires over the period of 15 years or so.

I guess if some shit went down I'd have to either throw all the organizer bins in the truck, or pick and choose what to take.
>>
>>1452730
You get that the whole point is that the hypothetical doesn't necessarily give you 30 minutes to window shop your own gear, right?

I think you might have fat black dudes on the brain, because as cringe as you might think the word is there's no connection there.
>>
>>1452739
>You get that the whole point is that the hypothetical doesn't necessarily give you 30 minutes to window shop your own gear, right?
I can’t think of single event where I wouldn’t have 30 minutes to pack a bag
>>
>>1452721
I already live in the woods so camping gear aside no bag. I do however worry about natural disasters. I do have a couple of sealed 5 gallon pails full of food and pool shock. good for 6 months each for one person and have a shelf life of 25 years.
>>
>>1452742
>admits to having a tiny mind
>>
>>1452721
Fifty pounds of beans.
You laugh now, but when it all goes wrong I'll be the guy with all the beans and you guys will be begging me for beans.
>>
>>1452752
but that wouldn't even last you alone a couple months?
>>
>>1452723
>>1452724
>>1452728
>>1452730
>>1452739
>>1452742
>>1452746

What an absolutely worthless series of posts.
>>
bugs
>>
>>1452721
why the FUCK do i love old stone bridges in a forest so much?!?!?
>>
>>1452756
I have beans planted in my garden too
I'll always have the beans
>>
>>1453057
There's one similar to that near me I've blasted off of.
>>
Floridanon who got beaned in a hurricane reporting in.
Toilet paper, deodorant, a lot of water, flashlights. And extra gasoline. Food isnt that hard to come by and you can go a lot longer without it than you think
>>
>>1453021
t.assmad larper

sorry i mean "prepper"
>>
>>1453173
??????

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that I'm a LARPreper. Are you just mad because I called your posts worthless? If you paid any attention, you'd notice I did the same thing to the other anon.
>>
>>1452743
What are you going to do when they expire? Are you going to at least try the food?
>>
>>1452743
>I already live in the woods

How is that relevant to anything? You have a fully self sufficient offgrid bunker or you have a maple tree and a pine tree
>>
Water, snacks, few rounds. Just a belt rig. Only got about 2km to reach the woods where there is a spring my water is pumped from and a cache. Pretty big tsunami threat where I live, don't want to be running 2km up hill with a big ass pack on and water at my heel.
>>
A pistol with one solid gold bullet in it
>>
>>1452721
Pretty much my normal /out/ gear with more food, water, shit ton more ammo and personal documents thrown in like 30 seconds before hand (keep bag next to prep, have special prep sleeves to toss into bag)
>>
>>1453621
>shtf
>time to end it all
>I've been saving this gold bullet for the occasion
>the gold majorly deforms once fired and achieves no amount of penetration
>anon recieves brain damage
>alive and aware enough to know that the marauders are using his vegetable corpse as a sex doll
>not capable of doing anything bout it
>>
I'm homeless so I don't need to pretend like y'all but when the shtf I will be taking all your tacticool gear from all you pussy ass niggas
>>
>>1453999
As opposed to say lead?
>>
L1A1 FAL, 250 rounds of ammo, tarp, 100ft cordage, sleeping bag, zlite mat, emerg candle, water purification tablets, mre’s and mora Garberg knife
>>
>>1452752
Hey man, can I borrow some beans please?
>>
>>1453999
Gold would unironically be an ideal bullet material, better than lead even.
>>
>>1454059
You planning on giving em back?
>>
>>1454106
I've had this argument with someone before. They said it was too soft, I said was traditionally used for bullets an he said gold was softer and would foul the barrel. Or said foul the barrel in some way someone that's never held a gun would say. Why do people assume bullets have to be made from tungsten?
>>
I don’t keep a bag packed per say.
I’ve got my kelty that has all my backpacking stuff in it.
No clothes just the little stuff I keep in the pockets.
Whisperlite stove,Lighters, Tinder, Compass,Water bag & canteen, knife, emergency blanket, tarp, rope, hammock, Etc
I’d need to grab clothes, my sleeping bag and tent. And whatever food id want.
>>
>>1453153
>>
>>1452723
FPBP.

OP hang yourself.
>>
>>1452721
the cure for aids muhhhhahhahahahahhha no one will ever shove their hand in a bag full of bugs to get it or get close enough to dump it

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.