[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: baddog.jpg (122 KB, 800x744)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
Hello /out/, serious question - how do you deal with aggresive dogs? Do you have any stories?
>>
>>1447946
If it's not on a leash and running at you then mag dump.
>>
Establish dominance by peeing on them and stealing their bitches
>>
>>1447946
Mace + Shillelagh
>>
File: how to fight a dog.jpg (40 KB, 600x337)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Step one: Grab a leg.
>>
File: How to fight a dog.webm (2.65 MB, 854x480)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB WEBM
>>1447982
Step two: this
>>
>>1447983
Step 3: punch dog owner
>>
Kick them in the face, throw a boulder at them smash their face into the dirt break their legs poke out their eyes with my walking stick shoot a hole through their neck bearspray to the face heave them off a cliff kick the owner in her front hole
>>
File: carolina.jpg (86 KB, 1024x958)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>1447946
well, fear can be encouraging to dogs for some reason. screaming like a girl will certainly make it worse.
you must also be prepared to produce your best soccer kick
>>
Feral dogs innawoods get shot, or at least maced and then ideally stomped to death.
Dogfuckers be warned, don’t leave your mutts offleash. Your domestic vermin harassing native wildlife isn’t cute, and shooting them is protected by law.
>>
I got one
>recently get adv motorcycle
>havent had many chances to ride innawoods due to shit weather
>fucking pnw
>have cold but sunny weather on winter day
>letsride.jpeg
>go to my local state forest to do some splorin
>mountain bikers fucking everywhere so go slow
>see one coming up a hill as im coming down
>has dog with him not on a leash but ok
>get along side him when suddenly his dog bolts right for me
>BARKBARKBARKBARKBARK
>oshit.wav
>BRAAAAAAAAP
>fuckin pelt the dog and owner with mud and gravel
>came back up the trail a bit later and they were nowhere to be seen
>>
>>1447946
punch or hit their throat with whatever is available the moment they charge. had to do that twice so far and both times, it ended the actual attack immediately witht he dog running towards it's owner for protection and only barking and growling at me.

In theory, if they actually manage to bite on, stabbing their atlas (the place where the spine meets the skull) is probalby the fastest way to kill.
>>
File: 1545826656791.jpg (111 KB, 1024x963)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>1447946
Yesterday I was out fishing a canal that has houses lined down it with wooden fences. It was riddled with big piles of dog shit everywhere so I knew one of the home owners let their dogs out to shit there instead of the backyard.
>suddenly here 2 big dogs barking at me behind fence
>here man tell dogs to shut up
>man pokes head over fence
>"hey do you mind if I let my dogs out to shit, they wont bite you"
>tell him "your dogs should be the ones scared, not me"
>he says "never mind then I'll wait" and puts dogs inside.
>>
>>1448098
always have a blade on me. sometimes 9mm
>5 million bites per year in US
figure one of these days have to fuck up a shitty dog on the trail
>>
File: chihuahuasf1.jpg (13 KB, 220x334)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
So I ride my bike every day, and along my commute is a little rat that keeps barking at me and getting in the way of my bike. I'm not afraid of being bitten, I just don't want to run it over but since the owner just lets the dog run wherever the hell it wants to go I have to slow down and practically walk my bike the next quarter mile. What should I do?
>>
I've never had a problem with them. Unless you're acting like an autist or acting aggressively (especially towards their owner) it's pretty rare for them to attack.
>>
File: anon lives in flint.png (410 KB, 1633x1156)
410 KB
410 KB PNG
>>
>>1447946
Always remember your towel.
>>
File: 1228181951-1.jpg (702 KB, 3539x1413)
702 KB
702 KB JPG
>>1447946
>>
>>1447946
Slingshot with small rocks.
Never taken me more than 2 shots to convince aggressive dog to piss off.
>>
>>1447946
Dogs are generally pussies, they will bark but 99% of the time they wont do anything else. And it you get in that 1% situation you have a knoife on you dont you?
>>
>>1448201
100% this
What's a good slingshot to carry though?
>>
>>1448202
>hear barking from undergrowth
>Fat larper autistically fumbles to unsheathe mini tactical camping katana
>charging dog with rabies leaps at his throat
>starts shaking and dragging him along the floor as he bleeds to death
>curses himself for not training with the blade hard enough as he slips from this mortal coil
>>
>>1448273
is the larper you?
>>
I always hope that they run into traffic and die while I'm biking past. I mean, they're just stupid, but fuck them. If they can't control themselves and their owners can't control them, then they deserve to be roadkill.
>>
File: 1461457014751.jpg (78 KB, 720x540)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>be me
>walking home
>onna trail
>doggo off leash cos hes a good boy
>some fat faggot and his even fatter wife walks past
>my doggo goes up and sniffs them
>fat retard screams at me to "GET YOUR DOG UNDER CONTROL YOU FUCKING IDIOT!" and aims a kick at doggo

>i tell the guy to watch his fucking mouth
>he starts screeching at me
>walk up to him and punch him in the throat
>he starts coughing and clutching his windpipe
>his wife is also screeching now
>"ILL GET YOUR DOG PUT DOWN FOR THIS!"
>lift jacket to reveal glawk
>she shuts her pig face and i walk home

2 days later police came to my door to ask if i assaulted some guy and pointed a gun at him and his wife

>"nope :^)"

and that was that.
>>
File: shitpose.jpg (5 KB, 258x196)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>1448326
wow thats such a cool story bro youre so badass bro thats so cool wow
>>
>>1448329
thanks bro wanna JACK OFF together at my grandpas house?
he's dying so he wont notice
>>
>>1448326
And everyone clapped
>>
>>1448329
this is actually great for lumbar spine
>>
>>1448128
call animal control

>>1448201
not a bad idea
>>
>>1448326
Why did you paint a bb gun like that?
>>
>>1448173
I was just walking down a road at around 5-6 am and wasn’t even aware of the dog before it was biting my boot, they’re animals, sometimes they get set off by the smallest thing and there’s nothing you could realistically have done

found out later from a local girl that the dog had recently given birth so was on edge lately
>>
>Americans screeching about how every other country is shit in almost every thread a country that isn't America is mentioned in

>regular threads about how terrified Americans are of everything; wild animals, domestic animals, bugs, made up animals, other Americans, big hills..

Jesus, this board used to be fun
>>
>>1448326
and later you licked dogs anus
>>
>>1448269
A small one. https://simple-shot.com/
>>
I have a raw steak in my EDC and have been training with it for years now.
>>
>>1448500
You forgot to complain about guns you little sissy
>>
>>1448636
Guns aren't the problem.

Manchildren are.
>>
>>1447946
Bring a kangaroo with you desu
>>
>>1448650
Based and roopilled
>>
I got attacked by a dog when I was still in school. Ended up with my hand in it's mouth squeezing the ever loving fuck out of its lower jaw while I stabbed it in the brisket until it expired. Got 18 stitches in my hand and a pretty bad case of the shits from the antibiotics they put me on. Overall, I think I would recommend shooting the fuckers if you have the means, it was not fun.
>>
>>1448269
I make my own.
Usually out of poly cutting board and 107 office bands. Make sure you get the alliance Sterling and not the gold crepe.
Excellent for chunking rocks and 3/8 hex nut.
>>
shoot them
>>
>>1448042
this
>>
>>1448128
take 5m to tape a note to their door you are not responsible if your dog gets underfoot or runs into traffic chasing you. Just wear long pants. Let law enforcement know you've contacted them. Always wear a helmet for when it gets caught in your spokes.
>>
>>1448174
Same, I was
>walking in broad daylight
>pass a parked car, staring into space
>line of sight immediately locks with a pitbull tied up in a yard.
>Oops
>It barks once or twice and the rope comes loose from the tree
>It looks at me
>I look at it
>this is where I could have averted my gaze and walked away, but this all happened in an instant
>don't want to look away from the snarling drooling creature
>comes bounding up, bites me in the gut
>I yelp really loud, it backs off and wanders around
>bleeding from my stomach
>cop rounds the corner
>wave him down
>"sir I... bit by a dog... just now"
>literally, whatever
>wait
>fuck
>"Do you know this dog?"
>rusrs.jpg
>no
>cop tells me to get in the vehicle, draws gun
>"Where is it??"
>it went around the corner to another house
>cop knocks on dog owner's door
>confusedass guy emerges to a cop with gun drawn
>dog comes around and starts barking at scary yelling officer
>guy runs into yard, holds dog by collar, crying to stop barking
>"I will not hesitate to shoot! I will shoot!"
>officer strafes away so man can usher his dog back into the house
>they talk for a minute
>I'm watching this all from the back of the cruiser
>guy thinks I must've come and untied the dog
>they have enough noise complaints on record, it's not a stud dog, cop chews him out for not getting his damn pitbull neutered that he leaves in his unfenced yard on a rope loosely tied around a thickass tree
>I don't press charges, guy does apologize
>ambulance arrives at the scene as I'm leaving, I decline care
>roommate plucking his eyebrows or some shit in the bathroom when I get home, pissy when I ask him to rush
>half an hour later he emerges and I'm sitting wet as fuck from the rain covered in blood
>receive an invoice from the ambulance for $200 two weeks later

I still have the scar, it looks like a bear trap on my left side
>>
>>1452845
Should've pressed charges, man. I've had two pitbulls, both well trained, loving, family animals. Also, both never let into a situation they could escape from, just in case something just like this happens. Pitbulls are loving, loyal animals. They do, however, have a strong hunting instinct. If someone is going to own one, they need to take care of it properly
>>
File: 2627721336989.jpg (1.22 MB, 1428x1342)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>
>>1448042
Same with feral cats
>>
File: AAHH2.jpg (70 KB, 500x671)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
Not really innawoods but it occurred outdoors so
>wake up around noon (worked 6pm-4am)
>hot as fuck out, go outside to wake up
>cat is sitting on couch chilling, chill with him for a minute
>notice two dogs walking around on the road
>not uncommon, live in boonies and people have untied but sensible working dogs
>sometimes people from city come and dump their feral mongrels out here, they soon get gunned down or hauled back to the city
>go inside to eat
>come back out with cereal and notice the dogs are two good looking groomed silvery pitbulls which are now in my yard
>finish my cereal and go inside to put the bowl away
>hear a commotion from outside
>grab shotgun loaded with alternating 00buck and slugs
>run outside and see one sprinting to the back
>run to the back and see my cat maybe 2 feet up the colossal oak being manhandled by the smaller pit
>in awe at the spectacle, chamber first 00buck
>cat is torn down from tree and they're both going at it
>toss 00buck for first slug and pop the big one with in the hind
>they both stop and just look at me
>smaller one charges at me
>mfw
>shoot my hot lead load into it's head and chest and it goes down
>hit bigger one in chest with next slug two
>cat takes off at warp speed
>big one starts limping away as if it's not already dead
End result two dead pits and a cat with PTSD. Now that I have a trained german shepherd cat is warming up to dogs. Letting an unruly dog roam free is asking for it to be gunned down or euthanized
>>
>>1447947
Try that to mine in public land and I’ll gladly return fire.
>>
>>1453073
Keep your shitskin on it's leash or it's getting blastoed
>>
>>1453073
>killing a man because you can't control your animal
Dogfags everyone
>>
>>1453098
>>1453096
>Assuming all dogs want to attack you
I bet you beta pricks walk around in condition 1 in your own homes. Kaiser is better educated than you assholes. He’s from the Pohranicni Straze kennels.
>>
>>1453111
>not on a leash running at you

Nice reading comprehension you discount John Wick faggot.

Seems like a nice dog though.
>>
>>1453115
On the trails it’s not uncommon to have a dog run up and sniff you and ask for scratches. Stick to the city park if you’re too dumb to recognize the difference.
His hiking buddy attached. Also off leash in national forests.
>>
>my grandpa 70ish yo working in a yard
>there's a medium breed dog tied in a rope
>my grandpa goes pick up a stick (he was clearing the yard)
>dog gets triggered
>rushes and grabs my grandpa's forearm
>doesn't let go and nobody is around to help
>whatdo.gif
>slavic thick bones + decades doing manual labor
>he inserts his thumb down the dog's throat
>wtf.bmp
>dog releases his forearm
>has a hole in his forearm and about 6 cm piece of his forearm's flesh is hanging from his skin
>he goes to the hospital and gets treated, gets lots of stitches
>his thumb wasnt so hurt
>he's 86 yo now and pretty well
>>
>>1453117
To be fair the op was literally about aggressive dogs.
>>
>>1453145
was the dog taken out back and shot?
>>
>>1453151
nope (not usual here)
the owner of the country house was his employer and he paid for my grandpa's medical treatment
>>
>>1453150
I get that. I’m seeing others in here that are willing to “mag dump” on literally all dogs off leash in the backcountry or city. There are places that all dogs need to be on leashes. I walk mine off leash when /out/ and when the law allows. Obviously aggressive dogs should be leashed. Don’t jump to conclusions when you see a dog running around legally or you might have to deal with a pissed off gun/dog owner.
>>
>>1447947
Fpbp.
>>1453073
Dont start none wont be none. Keep your dog on a leash.
>>
>>1453180
>>1453073
>>1453111
>>1453117
>>1453169
Here’s the rest of the conversation zoomer trash.
>>
>>1453181
OP said aggressive dogs. If its aggressive and not on a leash it's getting 147gr HST.

>Dont start none wont be none.
>>
>>1453184
Can’t be bothered by the details I see. Point that 9mm at your head and pull the trigger.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye-gouging
>>
>>1453150
Some of the wimps in this thread would scream and pull their katana if a dog just looked at them, My dog is friendly and I keep him on leash but if he see someone in the woods he will try to run up and greet them, nothing he deserves to get shot for.
>>
>>1453073
Shut up retard. You're the reason for shit going down in the first place. God people are you are so fucking stupid, letting your dog off and getting pissed when it gets hurt or something
He dindu nuttin, he good boy.
>>
>>1453215
So he’s aggressive because he’s not leashed? Just don’t be a pussy and everything will be fine ya fucking coward.
>>
>be me
>be early spring in the arctics
>be mountainbike daytrip with a friend
>ride bikes up a valley for half an hour before hitting snow
>carry bike up valley for hours
>reach mountain plateu
>cross a raging, freezing river with bikes on our back
>almost die
>vade through deep snow while carrying bikes across plateu
>carry bikes down next valley
>debate breaking in to a cabin for food/water/warmth
>eventually hit dry ground and can ride bikes for maybe 20 minutes
>reach the main road, approach it from behind a house with a fenced in yard
>bat shit crazy dog barking at us and throwing himself against the fence
>mock stupid dog
>pass garage. no more fence
>hi dog!
>pedal like crazy down main road with rabid dog chasing us
>>
>>1453224
Off leash is a death warrant and shows the owner doesn't care. So yes off leash is aggressive and I will enjoy your sobs and screams more than the dogs dying whimpers. Your dog deserves better than a dog raper like you
>>
>>1447946
Shoot them. I'm in law enforcement, so they don't even need to be aggressive.
>>
>>1453224
He's charging at me. That's the sign of aggressiveness.
>>
>>1453224
>want to keep your dog off leash
>don't train the dog not to charge people
>get pissed when people don't like a dog charging at them
You really are the worst.
>>
>>1453073

>In my defense, your honor, he tried shooting my dog as it rushed towards him
>>
>>1453275
>>1453278
A dog running towards you is not a sign of aggressiveness
>>
>>1453293
Neither is ramming his snout up my butthole. It's a sign the owner has no control, and that's a dangerous thing.
>>
>>1453293

The scenarios you're talking about deal with dogs that are at least somewhat trained and have owners that are confident enough to let them off the leash while on public land. If you're walking down the road past a run down house and a large dog comes running at you barking, then that dog is likely to be territorial and possibly aggressive. When I'm walking down the state park trail and a dog runs up ahead of it's owner I'm not threatened because it's most likely been accustomed to meeting people on the trail. Those probably aren't the dogs that are being mistreated at home, the ones that aren't socialized and rarely see people other than the owner.
>>
>>1448075
>dirtbiker

Ok buddy, you're just as bad as leashless dog owners. Probably worse. Every dog without a leash I've seen just wags his tail and greets me. Every dirtbiker tears up the land and makes a bunch of noise.
>>
>>1448174
Based and flintpilled
>>
If someone shoots your dog it's not a big deal don't bother getting mad just get a new one. Dogs only cost like $20 and black ones are free because people noticed they are more violent and since you are a faggot who likes violence by letting your dogs run free to attack people just go ahead and get a free disposable nigger dog
>>
>>1453293
I'm gonna shoot the dog
>>
>>1447946
Ive been attacked by dogs a few times when I was younger. As a result there are only a few dogs in the world I trust.
As a result I always keep my bayonet on hand when out and about, and usually either my trench club or shovel as well. Im also working on some forearm armour (for my STALKER suit, but also good for this) made out of kevlar pads.
If a niggerdog attacks then I will try to get to somewhere it cant/will have difficulty reaching if I have the opportunity, otherwise I try to kill it before it gets me. Also got my bow and sling sometimes as well.
>>1453293
Context. There is a big difference between a friendly dog running up to say hello, or being curious (which I still dislike because of the above) and a mad mutt charging up to attack, snarling and barking away.
>>1453050
This shit happened to my neighbour. for context we occasionally get gyppos (basically trailer trash chavs who dwell in cars/campers/caravans and live off crime and get away with it by claiming to be travellers and a minority, not to be confused with actual romanian gypsies who are great people)
>Get back from camping at a festival
>Neighbour comes over, clearly depressed
>"Anon, Anons family, check your cats are okay"
>"Why neighbourfriend? Whats the matter?"
>Neighbour breaks down and tells us that gyppos have moved on to the local supermarkets carpark
>White niggers let their shitty mutts out to hunt pets and wildlife for food
>Two of them chased her cat of of the park and into the street
>It was literally under 4 feet from there house and safety when the mutts caught it
>She and her husband heard the commotion and got to the window in time to see their 1 year old cat be torn apart by two feral mutts
Luckily our were fine but fuck bad dog owners and gyppo scum.
>>
>>1453371
This guy knows what's up.
>>
>>1448128
i would literally just run it over lol. what a useless little dog, and if it gets hurt it will learn to fuck off
>>
Depends on a case by case basis, but dominant behaviour over the animal from as young as possible keeps them in line. Choke chain works too
>>
When I lived in rural Thailand there was always a group of street dogs that would give everyone a hard time on one part of the road. Everyone would just grab a stick before they walked by to keep the distance, and some would toss them treats until they became friendlier
>>
>>1453386
Where do you people even live where dog attacks are so common you feel the need to wear anti dog armour? I have been doing /out/ activities all my life and never once been approached by a hostile dog off leash, neither in the city or outside.
>>
>>1453762
As I said, it is for my STALKER cosplay rig, but you get families around here that decide not to bother training their dogs, or even worse some chavs who train their fucking niggerdog (guess which breed, fucking GUESS) to actively go after people and cats. I saw one training his mutt to catch cats as they climbed trees to escape, teaching it to jump and hold on with its jaws to a dangling rope.
>>
>>1453169
But my dog is aggressive, so I keep her leashed. When your dumb dog comes running up to her, I have to yell and kick to keep them apart. Leash your dog faggot
>>
File: Vl3HHo2.jpg (130 KB, 1072x1081)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
I find it amusing that everytime this thread is posted you're all so fucking triggered that you don't realise this is a troll thread. EVERYTIME.

No one is gonna shoot your doggo off leash. Train your dog to respond to your commands properly. If it cannot, then simply leash it. AND STOP FALLING FOR THIS THREAD ROFLMAO.
>>
>>1453293
In this hypothetical scenario you should be shot as well
>>
>>1453891
Seething cope
>>
>>1453073
My benis can only get so hard.
>>
>>1447946
>Do you have any stories?
yeah, as a kid once when hiking went long a fence where 3 very large dogs were chimping out they evidently were hell bent on taking a bit out of me at any cost i went by only partially deafened by the initial vocal assault suddenly the fence was gone. just gone. i was staring at the 3 dogs where the gate should have been and they stared back. then i continued walking and as soon as i was hidden by the fence on the other side the chimput continued like it never stopped. they were shaking and tearing the fence apart almost and barking like something from hell.
>>
File: bear-defense-umbrella.jpg (102 KB, 332x850)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>1447980
>>
>>1453292
more like
>he was shooting in my direction so i dispatched him as quickly as i could.
>>
>>1453273
fucking atf...
>>
>>1454439
>the ballistic report says that's horse shit. Here's your new roommate Tyrone
>>
>>1454436
Good doggos just didn't want you to come into the yard.
>>
>>1452913
>le pitbull apologist face

They're bred killers Anon, you can cuddle it all you wont but don't let that fucker near a child.
>>
>>1448075
>I got one
>>recently get adv motorcycle
I hope you get decapitated by a wire
>>
>>1454441
Nah, just local. Fuck those atf cucks.
>>
>>1453371
Thankfully bullets costs like 6 cents and i give you a new one.

Can you see how idiotic you can sound if I flip it?
>>
>>1453224
you are a fucking idiot, fuck i hate dog owners. if your shitty trained dog is rushing people and getting physical, its your fault if it gets fucked up. you have no telling what kind of experience people have had with dogs in the past and no one deserves to die just because your dumbfuck shiteating pit bull hasnt been trained and no one can tell whether it's jumping them to steal the food out of their hand or to eat their face
>>
>>1453293
Your dog should not:
>Be charging at strangers
>Be jumping on you or anyone
>Be trying to eat people's food, especially from their hands
>Be climbing people
>Be invading personal space
This is not cute or admirable behavior at all and you're a failure of a dog owner if you allow this and you have only yourself to blame when it's put down
>>
>>1447946
It depends on the circumstances. I lost a few cats after a neighbor's dog managed to hop my fence, which I now consider shooting on sight.

If a dog bolts up to me on a trail and I can't see the owner then I consider the above, but I generally don't like killing animals. A dog doesn't deserve to die just because it's owner is a bleeding heart retard.
>>
I work in rehabilitating aggressive dogs. Some cant be saved. Most can.
>>
>>1454959
Don't pretend you care about animals when you killed several of your own cats
>>
>people think a dog is remotely worth even considering risk to a human life
fucking dog fags. we are their masters for a reason. dogs are slaves and toys and will never be on our level, no matter how sentimentally attached you are to your glorified house nigger. if a dog is poorly trained and rushing and jumping all over random people its only your own fault when someone paints the ground with its brain and if you even think about pulling a gun on them for doing so i hope they sight up and put you in the ground too
>>
>>1454944
>Thankfully bullets costs like 6 cents
Ah, .22 I take it. Mine cost a little over a dollar each.
>>
>>1455056
You seem to know more than you should an0n, but regardless, you're wrong. I've only killed one of my cats, and that was because his health was failing from old age. I would rather piss into my own eyes than put down one of my pets while they're dreadfully scared.
>>
>>1455313
You let your cats outside, that's killing them plus hundreds or thousands of birds you hypocritical pile of shit
>>
>>1455325
Oh, you're a retard.
>>
>>1448408
I noticed he also has dog legs.

>>1448326
Hey why do you have dog legs?
>>
>>1453273
I hope you die
>>
Working a roofing crew when I was 20 out in the boonies, had to kill a German Shepherd with a claw hammer, not a fun thing.
>>
>>1447946
bend down, maintain eye contact with the dog. This is the dangerous part.

Pick up a rock, or pretend to pick up a rock.

Hurl your real or pretend rock at the dog.

Repeat until it fucks off.

Dogs seem to instinctively understand you can throw things at them, and they hate it. Just my experience as a sometimes homeless person. Homeless people constantly have to deal with bad dogs. I got bit a couple times before I figured out the trick.
>>
File: just slam it patch.jpg (7 KB, 259x194)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1447946

Just bodyslam it you newfriend
>>
>>1448128
Pick it up and throw it back in its yard
>>
>>1447946
The first thing you want to do is figure out whether it is being aggressive or territorial. The second thing you want to do (while determining aggression) is pick up a nice rock that fits snugly in the palm of your hand

If the dog stays on whatever side it approached from it's being territorial and wants you to go any direction but the one it's guarding. Stay calm and try to show the dog that while you don't really care about it's threat you are watching it. Then move casually away in a direction other than the one it's guarding. It will follow you so keep an eye on it and if it drops into your periphery turn and raise the rock with a death glare because dogs are predictable and it will try to get at your legs from behind if it thinks for even an instant that you aren't paying attention but will also back off if you make it realize it's not going to get a free attack in. If you absolutely need to go in the "dog's" direction treat it like an aggressive dog because it will be one soon.

An aggressive dog will circle you and bark less but will still come in close when your back's turned and bare teeth when you turn and catch it in the act (a pet that's just playing won't feel the need to bare teeth in that situation). Start out with the same strategy of intentional disinterest but if it starts nipping at your heels or if you have a small kid with you just kill it. If you happen to trip or stumble it will be on you in a second. You're in the right, it's a dog. Don't let it take anything from you.
>>
>>1448273
What a fantasy, you've never been off a groomed trail have you?
>>
>>1448029
I got attacked by a big rottweiler once. I was wearing steel toe boots and kicked it as hard as I could 8n the mouth. It ran away whimpering and the dog owner started yelling at me and I completely flipped my lid on her.

The dog knocked me over and all the skin on my knee was scraped off

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.