[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 50 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: 1540108428120.jpg (143 KB, 960x960)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
Have you ever taken a gril /out/?
>>
>>1431865
This image makes me very anxious
>>
>it's another /out/ romantic fantasies thread
at least you could've used another picture this time
>>
>>1431878
This.
We have this thread every week and it just turns to people talking about having sex in a tent.
>>
>>1431887
It's literally the same picture every time too. Maybe it's a bot that's trying to push some propaganda angle.
>>
No I'm a 21 year old khv and /out/ing alone is my method of coping.
>>
First date or second date is out. If she bitches and moans she gone. Got me a good one now will go hunting and fishing with me. Helps out splitting up firewood and whatever else is on the go
>>
Have an /out/ climber gf now. Did a 30 mile canoe trip in TN for my birthday and a 3 day hiking trip of the lower AT. Thinking about taking her caving in KY for her birthday. Spelunking would be cool, but neither of us have done it and we'd need a guide which I can't stand.
>>
GF and I go /out/ pretty frequently. Going to try an get some camping in this summer.
>>
>>1432151
nice strategy desu
>>
>>1431870
this, i mean its clearly a joke, but one wrong move and she fucking dies
>>
Met a girl on tinder who is seemingly more /out/ than me. Pretty sure she's the one lads.
>>
In my experience, when it gets somewhat difficult, even the tough girls really start bitching and being miserable to be around. I’ll give them credit that they did stick it through a lot that most guys wouldn’t or couldn’t but doesn’t make it pleasant.
>>
>>1432377
Checked. Invite me to the wedding pls
>>
>>1432168
Don't be a pussy and just go. Show her you're a real """man""" and can handle any situation that you come across.
>>
>>1432384
I think everyone has a "wall" that they have to break through, and not everyone has the grit or willpower to do it. I experienced it the first time I went backpacking, and I seriously considered ditching my pack just to make it home the next day. But, I grit my teeth and fought through it, and now I look back with pride, and I'm willing to chew up the miles and have a great time.

Took the fiance out for her first trip last weekend, and she hit the wall a few miles before the camp we were aiming for. She didn't want to go any farther, and was pretty wiped out (I wasn't doing great, either; it was a much more difficult trail than I expected). I had some backups mapped out in my head, and we pushed just far enough to make a good one, and had a blast. She has since been talking my ear off, ready to go again. It takes a little bit of coaching to get juuuuuust past that point, without being a dick about it, and helping someone see what they can actually accomplish.

Be a good coach if you can, but be an exceptional partner, and you'll have no problems. Don't expect everyone to always match you 100%, but there should be no real difficulty finding someone that will hit the outdoors with you.
>>
>>1431865
No.

/thread

Stop posting this every week with the same photo.
>>
>>1432421
top tier post. and congrats on getting the fiance /out/. sounds a lot like my first backpacking trip with my wife. we had a preset camp we HAD to make to meet other people coming the other way, and she just went full terminator mode for the last 3 miles and crushed it. she wasn't happy then, but she's proud about it now.
>>1432644
>/threading your own post
>implying your shitty experience is the same as everyone else's
pretty pathetic, teebeeaitch
>>
>>1431865
New gf has a cabin by Mt. Washington. She invited me to hike the Presidential Traverse with her. She's definitely more /out/ than me but I'm hyped to go.

I've taken an ex on a couple of short hikes (~2-3 hours total), she wasn't super /out/ but it was a good time.
>>1432377
Girls that are very /out/ are definitely keepers.
>>
File: redwoods.jpg (371 KB, 642x856)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
my wife earlier today, 3 weeks post c-section, defying doctor's orders. out of view is my new daughter.
>>
We walked around the state park
She fell a bunch on this steep part with wet leaves, all good
Didn't bitch or get spooked when we were just wandering and then lost the trail and bushwacked a couple hundred feet back to the trail
Made fun of /out/ phonies
Said it was fun and planned to go again
In many ways she's more out than me too
>doesn't really talk to me that much anymore
>won't commit to a date
oh well
>>
>>1432022
Stay strong, bro. You'll make it.

>>1431887
Every 3 months you mean. It's a slow board.

>>1432168
>>1432227
>>1432377
Lucky cunts. My whore hates out. At least she's a good fuck....
>>
>>1432869
Those are beautiful woods. Although is it wise to defy the doctor's orders? And I envy your life by the way. Please teach me.
>>1433410
Yeah, every 3 months. You're right.
>>
>>1433449
she's a /out/fit/ high risk obstetrics nurse, so she knows how to listen to her body and what she can get away with. and thanks. i just lucked into a great /in/ girl who was open to becoming an /out/ girl.
>>
>>1432377
>tinder
stay away, people using online dating (including you) are max degenerate and not marrying material
>>
File: feels.png (110 KB, 1216x283)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
I've been /out/ with teenage girls before, don't do it anons. It may seem like a great idea to go innawoods and camp as a group, but they had no idea how to chop wood, light fire, cook or find a proper location to pitch a tent. So I just ended up doing everything, which was fine.
Tent got busted up on a unrelated trip, bought a hammock instead, now only do solo stuff, do it right or don't do it.

Pic unrelated
>>
my gf tags along in most of my day hikes and car camps

i never take her past that.
>>
>>1432869
based and wholesome
>>
>>1433616
Just imagine it's ancient times and you have kidnapped a wife from another tribe and she is too traumatized to be useful at doing literally anything until you give her enough D that she pair bonds to you.
>>
>>1433546
I don't disagree, which is why I left swipe almost every single party girl. But there's a lot of farm girls/girls who live out in the middle of nowhere who use it because they have no other choice. This girl's from a smaller town like an hour away from me and she's about as pure as they come.
>>
>>1431887
This thread has no talk about sex in a tent.
>>
>>1433546
>implying people only use dating apps for casual sex
Hang yourself, virgin, and go back to r9k or whatever.
>>
>a girl goes /out/
>first thing she does is build a kitchen
https://youtu.be/K_OlDtLTwVU
Kek.
You can't cheat nature.
>>
File: 2013-09-28 13.59.29.jpg (3.15 MB, 2448x2448)
3.15 MB
3.15 MB JPG
>>1431865
Yep. Plan de l'Aiguille to Le Montenvers, then train back to Chamonix.
>>
>>1431865
I want to but I got to get my depressed girlfriend to be motivated but I think it would do her a lot of good to get outside. Also kinda hard since she lives a few hundred miles away from me in a totally different country. Hopefully she's coming over in the summer so we can go camping or I'll go inter-railing to see her and take a flight back.
>>
>>1434774
basé et rougepilulé
>>
File: 1546559456787.png (11 KB, 645x773)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>1434805
>depressed girlfriend
>she lives a few hundred miles away from me in a totally different country
>>
>>1434850
we have met and it went great, it's not like we don't interact.

It's actually pretty wholesome most of the time but yeah, ik long distance is retarded, I just do retarded shit.
>>
>>1434856
>, I just do retarded shit.
Not because you are interesting in any way, you just have limited options
>>
>>1431865
A funny from a few years back
>tell (then) gf we should get out and about together and sharing getting /out/ and about with her
>she agrees but says she will only go if we can rent pedal bikes for it
>sure why not
>I realise in 4 years together I've never known of her ever owning a bike, seen her use a bike or ever mention being able to use a bike, but put this to the back of my head
>get to local woodland which has walking trails
>the trails have downward slopes on both sides with a tree line about 5 feet down the slopes
>gf gets on bike and is clearly struggling
>I ask if she needs to get used to the bike
>"no Anon I'm fine"
>we bike about a mile with her pedalling and trying to put her feet to the ground, zig zagging everywhere
>keeps asking to stop and rest
>we get to a part of the trail that is a fairly gentle downhill
>gf puts her feet down but she can't stop herself
>I pedal after her shouting "use the brakes"
>she is now barrelling towards and family walking with their kids
>oh shit
>gf swerves hard left and is now rapidly moving to the slope at the side
>USE THE BRAKES
>she does right on the edge and swerves right facing down the trail
>tries putting her left foot down, but there's no floor, only a slope
>she falls off the bike and rolls down the slope into the trees
>I jump off my bike and walk down the slope as she slowly rolls down trying to get up
>she goes ape shit and blames me saying its all my fault because I made her get on a bike when she hadn't rode a bike in 15 years
>I point out she wanted to rent bikes
>she hobbles off with her bike crying and saying it's my fault and she didn't want to get fat
Never took her out again, we broke up not long later.
>>
File: p4sd7gra2ru11.jpg (76 KB, 600x721)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Yes. Most of them just as friends but some? Pic related
>>
>>1431865
Took my wife out on an easy hike. She iced her knee for several days after. That was the end of her going hiking with me.
>>
>>1433632
Not saying that didn't happen (Icelanders are the offspring of Vikings and abducted Irish slave women, for example) but the most recent research suggests that it wasn't all that common. For a long time, people based their whole view of humanity on the World Wars, which doesn't give you the whole picture.
>>
>>1434906
bitches deserve to stay home. Check out that asian chick few posts above.
It's a natural instinct, to build a comfy kitchen as soon as she stops walking.
>>
“Do you know what Ed Gein said about women?"
[...]
"'When I see a pretty girl walking down the street I think two things. One part of me wants to take her out and talk to her and be real nice and sweet and treat her right.'" I stop finish my J&B in one swallow.
"What does the other part of him think?" Hamlin asks tentatively.
"What her head would look like on a stick”
>>
>>1435059
this.
>>
>>1431865
Made one of those camper vans from an old work van situation. Like Instagram models do now, but shittier. Used my climbing crash pad for a mattress on a wood frame I built.
Did a three week cross country camping trip with the GF before she started grad school.

She has some GI problems so her only stipulation was it had to have a legit bathroom.

So i built a stall near the back doors that housed a small chemical toilet, cut a hole and installed an electric vent.
Built it so the door was reversible. Essentially the door was a floor to ceiling panel on a track at the top and bottom, anchored in the center of the door. One side was flat, the other had shelving/storage that nestled above the toilet. Almost perfectly. So you could pull the door out, turn it around, step into the stall, and pull it shut, then the stored goods are protruding into the van. When you're done, step out, reverse the door, and boom, the everything is stored again. We stored all our stinky hiking boots, wet gear, whatever in there to ventilate. Most ingenious thing i ever designed.

She used it maybe 4 times.
Almost a total waste of space and time. Still proud of it though.
>>
>>1435059
i would like a source on this
>>
>>1432421
good post anon, I discovered the same with my gf. she's into going /out/ but her limits for pain and discomfort are way below mine. I'd guess the pain tolerance bell curves for women don't overlap much, probably something like the 90th %ile (maybe less bc of endocrine disruptors) woman is on par with the average man

>>1434892
she sounds like an insufferable cunt, glad you got rid of her
>>
>>1435106
google is your friend
>>
File: IMG_2059.jpg (4.24 MB, 3264x2448)
4.24 MB
4.24 MB JPG
>>1434810
Told her she'd better put on better shoes. Fuerteventura.
>>
>>1435106
Saw it scrawled in crayon on the bathroom wall at Dorsia.
>>
>>1432869
Did you take them out there to kill them?
>>
>>1435347
Is she hiking from Honduras to the us border to seek asylum from her poor life choices?
>>
>>1433792
Well that's an improvement.
>>
>>1433546
Actually, that's how I met my fiance. She loves camping, and comes from an amazing background.

Don't fall for the hook-up culture, or think you're big and bad because you're a part of it. If you're quality, you can find quality anywhere.

But if you're garbage; well, you know what you'll find.
>>
>>1437141
So you have to be in a place with an amazing background to make her cum? Wut? That’s an odd fetish anon
>>
>>1437141
>She loves camping, and comes from an amazing background

Like el capitan in Yosemite? Or maybe the Grand Canyon
>>
Yeah my gf loves to camp. She was raised car camping with everything under the sun, but I guess it could be worse. At least I can get in a tent and cook on a fire.
>>
>>1431865
Yes, but I'm a literal faggot so no fukkin
>>
took one out for the first time this week
drove out to the woods, she got naked and bent over in front of me, then I fucked the shit out of her on the ground pitch black on the side of a 4wd track shit was cash, also ticked one more thing off the bucket list
>>
When I was 16, me and some childhood friends from the neighbourhood went on a short cross state hiking/camping trip. We were 6 in total, two womins. One of them hooked up with the Chad in the group. The other one abstained until she had a ONS with some dude she met at a bar at the very end of the trip.
Now I understand why most men who do these trips don't take women with them. They are not going to fuck you. They can only cockblock.
>>
>>1437372
>want to get dick wet
>go on trip with 4:2 ratio
>whine about how it's the girls' fault
>>
File: Ranger_Rick.jpg (12 KB, 202x202)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
I tried. But it didn't go well.
>1st time camping wouldn't leave the state parks camping area, scared of bears
>2nd time racoon comes into campsite, freaks out sleeps in car
>3rd time I can't remember i got wasted, but she slept in the car.
I give up.
>>
>>1437372
This, so much this
>>
Fiancee goes with me everytime now except for hunting.

>>1437287
Mine was raised similar, car camping and hiking was a water bottle and a hour. Progression, I just kept planning longer hikes until overnight.
>>
>>1437372
But one of them did fuck a guy who took her camping.
They'd fuck you if you were willing to put in the time and effort to become a chad like him.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.