[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Share scary stories, strange events, or unexplained things you have experienced innawoods.

And don't say "thIS bElONgs on /X/" im asking specifically for outdoor stories
>>
>>1403589
I was skinny dipping with some friends when I was 10/11 and someone stole our clothes. Probably a pedo or a bear. Or a pedobear.
>>
>>1403616
oh god he probably went home and put your underwear on his face and came into your socks and junk
>>
>>1403589
When studying in the Sierra Nevada for my naturalist certification, I climbed up a small rock wall to check out a “hairy man” (think Sasquatch) petroglyph. Sitting their right underneath the glyph was a huge, fat fucking rattlesnake. He didn’t rattle at me despite the fact I was incredibly close (within 6 feet) to him. I’ve seen rattlesnakes before but this was by far the biggest I’ve seen (so far.)

Later we had a lecturer who was an elder for the local Native American nation. He had a lot of stories about speaking to animals, and after discussing culture with him (our peoples are distantly related) I asked him what he thought of the experience. He told me that it was probably there to protect the image and that he knew I wasn’t there to harm it, so he didn’t threaten me.

(I’ve read that Crotalus oreganus oreganus, the indigenous species of rattlesnake for that part of California, is actually incredibly docile in general, though.)
>>
>>1403589
Went hiking in some prairies out in the country when I was a kid and I saw a single perfect imprint of a human foot in the side of a hill. Probably just my over-active child imagination, but it was sunk more than an inch into the ground and I remember it having really distinct toes.

>>1403619
That's actually a really neat story.
>>
>>1403619
no step on snek!
>>
>>1403589
Not sure exactly what to make of this but it's happened twice now, both times when along a lake.
>shortly after dark, light turned off trying to sleep
>galloping coming towards my tent, too many feet to count all in a line (same direction)
>line splits and appears to be circling my tent in opposite directions
>just as quick as they came they leave in a single line in the direction they came from.

territorial coyotes? what do you think. Have also had a group of 5-6 coyote bed down maybe 15 feet from my tent one night, also close to water.
>>
Scariest thing that ever happened to me was in backwoods Shenandoah NP, maybe 5-6 miles from the nearest major trail.

Finished off a decent amount of whiskey before heading to bed, but not enough for me to sleep totally through the night. Woke up to 3 or 4 distinct bears I could echo locate through the walls of the tent in the pitch dark, arranged around me in a circle. I could hear them rooting around, cracking sticks and mouth breathing loudly.

This was one of my first encounters with bears and I was scared absolutely shitless because I was young and didn’t understand what pussies black bears are. That’s when I started sleeping with a gun for peace of mind.
>>
>>1403894
Sounds like coyotes, yeah. Could also be feral dogs. They’re curious.
>>
Had a softball size rock hit a tree about 3ft away from me, with enough force to splinter bark off the tree it hit. Backpacking up near Searcy, AR. Didn't hear or see a damn thing. I wasn't scared as much as I was perplexed.
>>
Not really outdoors, but me and my gf were staying in the Dublin's Phoenix Park for a week in June because we had like 100€ left from travelling and were in a shitty situation. That sorted itself out, but anyhow, first night we slept there was someone walking around, 3am or so, and next morning we found leftovers of a tent, so I guess it was a hobo/drunk trying to set up a tent and ragequitting on it. In general it was shit, because it got dark around 11pm, so there was almost always someone around until it actually got dark ( as dark as June's night can be ). I've slept in risky places in general, like in middle of Venice, so I think actual forest, provided no bears or any other dangerous wildlife, would be enjoyable as realistically there is nothing dangerous.
>>
Walked up on a group of hogs once. Normally they arent dangerous, but they had piglets with them and I'm told mothers tend to be agressive when they think little bacons are in danger. I walked away but they kept following me a bit, maybe not on purpose. I was like 'o shit o shit'. My hands ware shaking so much I had problems reaching my gun.
It was this spring in Poland.

I also met a huge deer once - it jumped out of nowhere, stopped in front of me and looked down. We stared at each other for a few seconds, than it run off.
Few seconds later a huge dog jumped out and run after the deer. It seemed happy, and than I thought, maybe the deer stopped to give dog some time (dog has zero chance chasing a deer) so it can fuck with him for a while.
It wasn't that scary really, just interesting.

>>1403894
Deers, maybe? They do crazy shit at night.
>>
>>1403589
I was once on a trail and somebody else passed me from the other direction.
>>
>>1405300
Oh Jesus, how did you manage to survive that one?
>>
>>1403894
coyotes.

>>1404233
>I could echo locate through the walls
just how loud can you scream?
>>
>>1403619
you just didn't violate the NAP and respected you for it
>>
>>1403894
Deer, had this happen winter bushcrafting numerous times.
>>
I hit a deer with my sled when trail riding at night. The deer flew over my head and fucked up my entire front clip.
Scared the shit out if me, I was lucky it didn't hit me.
>>
>>1403589
found a bunch of old Chinese graves from the gold rush while hiking near Keithly Creek BC. not really creepy just unexpected.
>>
>>1405878
That's actually cool as heck.
>>
>>1404700
I wouldn't camp in Phoenix park, a man camping there (may have been homeless) was set on fire there a few years ago. You never know what kinda freaks roam there at night
>>
>>1405976
It was mostly safe tbqh. Most of homeless didn't bother going as far, some just slept in flowerbeds that were closer to city centre. How many years ago was that?
>>
>>1405983
I think it was about two years ago but my memory isn't great.
>>
>>1405983
Just checked it out it was in 2013
>>
>>1405985
>>1405986
Damn. Dublin was crawling with homeless and all sorts of crazies, which makes it no surprise.
>>
>>1405315
I set his tent on fire later that day.
>>
When I was 15/16, I go fishing with my dad in a forest-covered cliff on the coast. About 10 minutes fishing, the weather started to get cloudy, and suddenly a ball lightning strike in front and above us about 32ft. The explosion left us paralyzed with fear for a moment. You could feel the static in the air. We packed our gear and went straight home before another ball could happen.
>>
>>1403589
I got lost on day 2 of a 9 day trip. Didn't find the main trail again until 7th day.
>>
>>1403589
Not really /out/ technically idk of urbex fags frequent/out/. Was exploring old factory that was all over grown total last of us feel. Was in a confined area with only one way in or out. Fire door rolled shut behind us was barred open. After some panic found an escape by crawling through a fresh air inlet for a hydroair unit. After circling back found an extra set of foot prints that followed ours and the fire door was now wedged shut never found who did it. Not sure if I avoided being kidnapped or what
>>
>>1403894
I wouldn’t worry about it.
>>
>>1406317
sounds like my life so far
>>
File: received_959841550834433.jpg (289 KB, 1920x1440)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
/k/ommando here. I have a few stories.
Nov.2014
>with gang of fellow /k/ommandos, running drills and LARPing, because SHTF hype was still tasty
>have a very superstitious member of the gang who is Irish catholic
>irishbro yells Latin blessings and shit whenever he's spooked
>day 2 of a 4 day weekend we have a full moon
>group camps exclusively at an Indian burial site
>tldr he starts being cathautistious and we inadvertently become surrounded by what looked like shadow people
>brush it off as none of us had slept since day 0 and have a touch of the tism ourselves
>remind him about it every time we hang

Sept. 2014
>be at same campsite, one month prior
> 3 days deep on a 6 day camp excursion with same gang + normies
>have to take a giant shit, having eaten MREs and RipIt for the duration, being the larpfag that I am.
>our token normie says I'm not a real man if I don't strip naked
>accept challenge, strip to boxers and run into the darkness with a flashlight, a subcompact Firestar .40cal, and a can of dip.
>100yards from my dump site, on the opposite hill (innavalley), sat a pair of yellow eyes with a six inch space.
>thing must have been 2ft tall from jaw to paw
>find out later it was a bobcat that friend's dad had fed sammich meat some years ago

March. 2017
>camping normally with fiancé, 2 year old son and brother
>pick a site at grandparents land and enjoy the quiet
>each night we were antagonized by a curious pack of coyote

I have more stories but it's always the same shit. Coyotes, Shadowpeople and autism. Nothing tops the bobcat, though.
>>
>>1410375
I genocide annoying yotes with my FAL whenever possible.
>>
>>1406348
Sounds really spooky man. I've been looking to do urbex myself, got any tips?
>>1410375
More shadow people stories?
>>
soÃyboy
>>
basedboy
>>
s0yb0y

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.