[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: ugv.jpg (1.19 MB, 1680x1050)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
in live in an mostly urban country (no forest/ flat "countryside with atleast 200 inhabitants per sq km)
in case of a major happening i will probably be in a city. How can i survive there? Which type of plants can i eat? Can i try hunting or should i rely on scavenging?
>>
>>1401163
i live in the netherlands btw maybe if there is any possible happening it might be a flood.
>>
>>1401163
You get out before a major event. A city will use up all it's supplies incredibly quickly because that's where all the people that use supplies like to live. Then it'll just be warring gangs for the last scraps till the meanest baddest gang survives and heads out to fight the baddest gang from the next city.
>>
File: happening.png (2.79 MB, 1659x732)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB PNG
>>1401172
the issue is that even the countryside is reaally populated and flat. Should i do like pic?
>>
>>1401179
Don't listen to this retards, just do this, fill you house with supplies and board that shit up don't open for no one, not a soul, let them all die, and when the dust has sattle and you can only hear the wind do some scouting and try to find information about evacuated zones and go there, when shtf it won't be a war with shit ton of artilary destroying everything so you house will be some what intact just don't open the door and answer the screams of the masses, let them all die.(english isn't my main language so sorry if there is to many mistakes, i'm just a lurker.)
>>
File: IMG_000004.jpg (117 KB, 1024x683)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>1401163
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ROfan8tdU
Watch this. Do the exact opposite.
>>
birds,cats,rats,dogs and look into insects also... if there will be any left when the shit calms down
boil them thoroughly though
but you will probably need at least a pellet gun or bow for that or really good trapping skills
>>
110 connibears
>>
dandelions and pry bars.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL22VFISsJI
>>
File: shtf_bosnia.jpg (1.47 MB, 1489x2935)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
https://www.silverdoctors.com/gold/gold-news/one-year-in-hellsurviving-a-full-shtf-collapse-in-bosnia/
>>
>>1403920
Apparently it's fake.
>>
>>1404490
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Sarajevo
>The Siege of Sarajevo was the siege of the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the longest of a capital city in the history of modern warfare.[3] After being initially besieged by the forces of the Yugoslav People's Army, Sarajevo was besieged by the Army of Republika Srpska from 5 April 1992 to 29 February 1996 (1,425 days)
>>
>>1401163
you gonna get raped by nigger gangs the first week
>>
>>1404653
He's not saying the Bosnian civil war was fake lol, just that dude's account of "the siege". The city he claimed to have survived in does not exist and the author is not actually Bosnian (or even Yugoslavian). The guy who wrote that was a Belorussian larper who was trying to make a quick buck selling prepping books and courses to Westerners. I'm not saying the information isn't potentially useful for SHTF, but most of what he described never took place (women whoring themselves for a single can of Soviet spam, etc) in Bosnia. There are literally hundreds of books and millions of people still alive today who lived through the war (it was only in the 90s) if you want to actually learn about what it was like.

>t. Croat-fag born after the war
>>
File: 1542883805964.png (2.3 MB, 1659x732)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB PNG
>>1401179
You should do this, assuming you know how to operate a boat, read the weather, fish, etc. A boat is the ultimate GTFO vehicle if you live close enough to the ocean.
>>
>>1401163
Anyone who's actually serious about survival would not live in a metropolitan area.
>>
File: 1534504744816.gif (1.27 MB, 400x300)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB GIF
>>1403145
>run towards the city wearing all black during the day
>if you happen to be out in the open, move quickly.
>use less traveled areas, like railroad lines, which are out in the fucking open.
>perfectly good wooded area next to the train tracks to ambush people who are doing exactly what this guy recommends
>mfw

That's within the first 5 minutes of the video. Jesus anon you weren't kidding about doing the exact opposite thing. Still going to watch the rest of the video though because these shows are a guilty pleasure of mine, I unironically own a few seasons of Man Vs. Wild.
>>
>>1401163

You need...

1) Guns and ammo, because people are savages in survival situations where resources are meek
2) Food and water, at least enough which can traverse 50mi with what you're carrying on your back
3) A dog who is trained to attack on command; it will be faster than you, and a buffer to die in your place in case of attackers
4) Water filtration and multivitamins; you use the filter to filter water, and use the vitamins to supplement yourself when you're eating garbage
5) A radical sense of heroism and desperation, because what else doesn't get you out of a SHTF situation other than balls to the wall gusto and mojo
>>
>>1404811
You can this one too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orR4TQQ60qM
>>
>>1404814
I'm in Texas, so I have all of that, plus night vision and a compound bow and shit ton of arrows, but minus the attack doge.

>>1404818
That's one of the ones I own lol. There are some good tips here and there, like the steel wool + 9v trick, but yeah get the hell out of the city ASAP. Luckily I live on the edge of my city, about 30 minutes from rural land and can fuck off rater quickly. Plus my hunting woods are on the way if I need to bunker down for whatever reason until I can make it to some land my friend owns.
>>
>>1404732
>The guy who wrote that was a Belorussian larper who was trying to make a quick buck selling prepping books and courses to Westerners.

This was "Selco", right?
Can't really blame him. Good money out of gullible people.
To this day you still have people in the prepper "community" recommending his stuff and sperging out when someone points it's fake.
>>
>>1404814
people are savages in survival situations? during the blockade of Leningrad people came together and shared resources with each other. you're just a paranoid redneck who's secretly afraid of other people.
>>
>>1405002
>What is Katrina
>>
>>1405002
Because they were banding together against a common enemy moron
>>
File: 1540765098171.jpg (295 KB, 1920x1080)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>1403920
I downloaded the interview 4/5 years ago from here and I might just be blind but I just couldn't find it anywhere so here.
https://mega.nz/#!pJVCQCZa!ukBSkQr-sjzrVOduwLFCmII-U01oOR0-SOOL3a5Isis
somewhat cozy listen
>>1404732
oh, that sucks
>>
>>1405002
Just look up footage of katrina or any other hurricane
>>
>>1405535
>>1405008
Tbf that's amerimutts for you. LA riots would also be a good example.
>>
Hey anons if shit goes down can we all meet up for some /out/ adventures?
>>
>>1405058
Thanks, saved.
>>1405648
Hell yeah, what's our way of finding eachother, I only know the /k/ signs
>>
>>1405656
Know I sound like a faggot but can I have the /k/ signals?
>>
>2019
>Paris tax riots have mutated into full blown conflict between multiple factions
What do?
>>
File: 1542086721186.jpg (481 KB, 1000x3240)
481 KB
481 KB JPG
>>1405785
>>
File: 1543681755104.jpg (112 KB, 1198x798)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>1405002
It was similar during and soon after 9/11 here

It's different when society has collapsed and there's no longer a common enemy
>>
>>1405002
1940s russians had a common enemy, a goal, and a commisar with a mosin pointed at their backs.

The modern western welfare state has created millions upon millions whose only common goal is "gibs me dat"
>>
>>1405002
If you really believe that you are going to be the first one to die in a shtf situation.
>>
>>1405002
Yeah, and they no doubt did a lot of shady, fucked-up shit as well- not least of all engage in cannibalism. They kept two different legal classifications for cannibals: those who ate dead people, and those who ate living people

If people are eating people to survive, you can bet your ass they're committing other, more socially-acceptable, crimes as well
>>
I've been getting survival food. wish me luck i'm testing out eggs and ham right now.
>>
>>1409553
it's ok, I don't feel like eggs at all right now.
>>
>>1403145
Wouldn't it be easier to scavenge fuel then to try to make biodiesel?
>>
>>1410229
well everyone is gonna want fuel, and you get shot going out. 1941 it ain't.
>>
>>1404803
Thanks dude. I know how to drive a boat , how to sail it and how to fish. I still need to learn the maintanance. Any book recommendation ?
>>
>>1401185
What a great way to make a nice supply cache for marauders.
>>
>>1410389
Do you own a boat? If not, that's a priority.
Google Triloboat, very easy and inexpensive DIY option at least in the US, idk how plywood works in Yurop.
>>
>>1410426
i personnally dont but i am in a sailing association that possesses a few of them
>>
>>1410426
i also thought about wharram cat as it seems as inexpensive.
>>
>>1410998
and when food runs out, kitty kabab.
>>
>>1401163
also if i need to escape by boat. I will need to go through canals. How can i ensure that i wont get ambushed on the way?
>>
>>1401163
Go urbexing. Know your city. Every nook & cranny. Learn to pick locks (bosnian bill youtube). Have bolt cutters
>>
>>1411479
The only way to be sure of that would be to conduct route reconaissance. So you'd send out a group who would walk a bit away from the canal to watch for threats and obstructions along the route. If you're just cruising along on the boat with no idea what's ahead of you you're pretty fucked because you're stuck in a narrow area with no cover, concealment or escape routes.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.