[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1.jpg (102 KB, 476x523)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
i have the upper, i want the lower. whats inbetween? 5-15k€ seems like a huge, empty gap to me.
>>
Z32 TT
>>
>>21218048
That's garbage compared to those two. Build quality and reliability are in a completely different class.
>>
>>21217747
Define "in-between"

The top is an MR2, is it turbo?

Is the bottom the AWD turbo Celica GT-Four or a lesser model?

Arguably, some would say the MR2 is a better car as it's more unique looking, has pop up headlights, has a more pure chassis setup (MR), and probably cheaper to run and easier to get parts for. For what reason do you even want the Celica?
>>
rwd mid engine beast or overpriced fwd faggot mobile
hard choice
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>21218576
i have the NA, turbos are only overpriced imports here in europe.
i want the celica because i just love everything about it. i've driven a lot of cars by now and the celicas (fwd) were always my favourites. the interior, the looks, the history, im just in love with that car.
>>21218609
160hp is barely a "beast"
>>
>>21218640
Wait, you just want the basic front wheel drive model? Dafuq? Why is that 15k Euro?
>>
>>21218640
Just keep the mr2 dipshit.

The celica is trash in comparison
>>
>>21218190
You are literally retarded.
>>
>>21217747
Keep the MR2, they're becoming desirable again (more desirable than they've always been anyway)

is yours a T-top? Taiga? or hardtop? If T-top, keep that shit. And keep it clean, it'll pay for itself in a few years.
>>
>>21217747
>i have the upper, i want the lower.
Why? An MR2 turbo is fucking god tier compared to an ulgiest-gen celica
>>
>>21218981
no, of course i want the gt4.
i've had plenty of fwd celicas. they're just barely cheaper than the NA mr2 here.
>>21218989
it handles better at low speeds than my mr2.
>>21218995
he's right though.
>>21218998
it's the t-top, like almost all mr2s in germany. i wont sell it of course. i am just wondering if there is any car i missed that's somewhat like the gt4, but cheaper.
>>21219003
they have the same engine, i don't track my daily, might as well have the 10000x more practical car
>>
>>21219009
>it's the t-top
Jesus dude, keep it.
If you're that set on another car, get a cheapo 2002 Golf or something as a run about, keep the MR2 safe, store it, wash it, run it occasionally. But those things are being killed faster than people can fix them back up again.
Please, for the love of all that is holy. Keep that fucking MR2 just to stop some idiot getting his filthy hands on it.
>>
>>21219009
Oh.

I dunno, I'm always heavily in favor of RWD. FWD is gay as hell and AWD is just too easy and prohibits a lot of fun you can have as most try to prevent slides rather than enable them.
>>
>>21219033
i haven't tried AWD at all yet. i think i wouldn't really mind the grip that it offers for a daily. it's not like MR cars are easy to slide (controlled) either.
i'd keep the mr2 as my fun car, but you guys know how it is with modding in Germany, that thing will always be NA.
>>
>>21217747
You could buy a 2000 Celica and use it as your daily and keep mr2 as a weekend car
>>
>>21219054
I actually have no idea what modding is like in Germany...

It's not that it offers "more grip", that's all about your tires, it's just that it changes the character of how the car handles and makes it boring.
>>
>>21219009
If you the celica turbo is more reliable than 300zx you need to be shot in the face.
>>
>>21219082
>If you the celica turbo is more reliable than 300zx
Being that the 300ZX is an reliable hunk of shit (Granted it looks fucking incredible) then holy fuck they must have got the turbo so wrong on the Celica.
>>
>>21219103
retard
>>
>>21219075
well, in practice it's next to impossible to do road legal performance modifications, that's all i wanted to say. i guess you have a point about AWD though, I should probably try it before I commit.
>>21219082
apart from being a unicorn in europe, the 300zx has incredibly cheap interior materials and parts are rare and $$$ no matter where you get them from. FWD celicas are everywhere and there's good aftermarket for the gt4.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.