[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Is it bad that I kind of want one?
It is the car everyone love's to hate.
It sounds perfect, a brand new 90s shitbox.
I drive a 90s shitbixes.
But I have always seen Mitsu's as shit, so it must be a shit-shitbox.
And by the sounds of it, desperately needs an anti-roll bar.
>>
get a fit
>>
>>21215565
They're fun, they're the only real modern take on a 90s shitbox, they're hard to get parts for, but that aside, fuck it get one.
>>
>>21215565
>they're hard to get parts for
How so? They are still being made and been around long enough you can find wrecked ones in the junkyard.
>>
It's definitely a shitbox. They're made in Thailand, for Thailand. They only are selling them in the US because they have nothing else besides 3 crossovers. If you buy one, buy new. They have a 10y/100k warranty on them. In 2018 they tried to firm up the suspension for the US market. Personally I'd try to find a lightly used 2018 Lancer, you can get it with awd, and nice features like leather, heated seats and a sound system with a woofer. Or maybe an Eclipse Cross, it's cringe but it's hard to beat the 10 year warranty and the awd system on it has been shown to be pretty good.
>>
>>21215565
Did they purposely find the smallest wheels in the world for that?
>>
>>21215565
The mirage is a cheap shitty car, everything from the drivetrain to the interior is pretty bad, which is why it's cheap.

>>21215627
/thread
>>
>>21215627
That or a Yaris (3 door hatch, 4 door sedan, 5 door hatch) or Scion XD for a much better car.
>>
>>21215831
Those are the GT trim larger 15s. Base is 14s

>>21215868
One thing that just killed it for me was many people reporting premature brake wear on these.

A trend I see in small cars is the disappearance of a 5psd on the higher trims. You can only get a 5spd on a base model, which is such shit. And while you get mostly everything you want on a base model, save for some flashy exterior shit like larger alloys vs hubcaps, sometimes the automakers are complete cocksuckers and make you suffer. Almost penalizing you because you could not "afford' an automatic. Case in point, the Canadian market Nissan Micra. You can only get a manual trans on the base model. You can only get A/C on the base model with an automatic. Fuck you.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyJcTPiQ9_k

this is likely one of the last cars in north america where you can actually see the ground through the engine bay
>>
the 90s mirage was actually decent, but get a manuel
>>
>>21215627
get the new corolla hatch
>>
>>21215565
This is the cheapest new car on the market here, so what if its the shittest, thats its price point lol. I think its probably a good deal if you get a 10yr warranty, we only get 5. Which is still great compared to the old days
>>
File: aug23.jpg (187 KB, 864x576)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
Micra is better
Racing roots
>>
>>21216234
That thing shakes and sounds like a tractor, FFS.
Where is the refinement?
>>
>>21217009
>wanting refinement in a subcompact 3-cylinder
>>
>>21215565
They are amazing cars if you want to fix shit yourself once the warranty expires. Engine bay is super easy to access.
>>
What's the better cheap car?
A Mitsu Mirage or a Nissan Versa
Lets assume both are manual because if auto, the Versa would lose by default because
>nissan CVT

Also why don't we get the Nissan Micra in the USA? I'd rather the Micra over the pos that is the Nissan Kicks
>>
>>21219002
Is there a video of a Metro or Firefly showing its stock motor at idle for comparison?

>>21219198
The auto Mirage is a CVT too.

>>21219198
Canadians love small cars, especially in places like Montreal. When I last visited in 2014, so many Mazda2s on the streets
>>
>>21215565
Never feel bad about wanting a car, I want a Fiat 500 Abarth
>>
>>21215565
Would recommend a new manual. It's the cheapest car in the US of A. Check out the forum. Owners love them. https://mirageforum.com
>>
>>21219372
Not the guy that complained about the CVT, but he did specify "Nissan CVT". Mitsu uses a different type of CVT. I've driven both, they felt the same. No idea if either have common problems.
>>
>>21219388
I love my Mirage, but the Mirage uses a Jatco CVT. While these have been problematic in several Nissan models in the past, they are much more reliable than they used to be.
>>
>>21220165
>Jatco CVT
Is the Jatco F1CJA in the regular Lancer any good? There's one for pretty cheap near me and my corolla is about to give up the ghost.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.