[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

What are the best sunglasses for driving? It fucking hurts when I get surrounded by white cars in rush hour traffic where all the glare is beamed directly into my soul
>>
I like my Maui Jim Red Sands. Mainly you're looking for a polarized lens, probably a neutral shade (Grey, green, mirrored) and a synthetic frame for lightweight comfort. For dim or night driving you can wear yellow tint lens. They filter blue light, increasing contrast and helps your night vision because blue light is straining to your eyes. However I'd just buy a $20 advertised specifically for this pair in that case.
>>
While I like my Ray Bans they don't make them like they used to. I'll be getting a pair of American Opticals if they break.
>>
>>21064311
My first and only good pair were ray ban aviators and someone stole them at a party, haven't bought a pair since. kinda want something that doesn't look like I grabbed a pair off the rack in a gas station
>>
Anything polarized. If you are feeling special get glass lenses over plastic.
>>
I have a pair of raybans with prescription lenses (miss a bit in both eyes).

Could never get polarized because besides not even sure they make prescription+polarized lenses they would cost a fuckton...
>>
>>21064275
Randolph Engineering Concorde
Polarized
Glass lenses
Metal frame
Classic Aviators
Made in USA
Not part of the Luxottica jew that basically makes all sunglasses everywhere.
>>
>>21064447
To clarify,
I've bought 2 pairs of these to date and I wear them every day. Only problem I have with them is the nose pads on my older pair thats about 5 years old are starting to yellow and crack a bit but I think they give you spares when you buy them.
>>
>>21064275

Chink polarized.

Cheaper sub $200 Raybans are not polarized so don't fall for that.
>>
>>21064311
>like they used to
I just got a most mint pair from when B&L owned them for $65 on ebay. They came with the case an papers too. I purposely bought a non polarized pair since those darken the screen when I'm using my phone for navigation.
>>
Since I'm lazy, I wear a pair of Revision Sawfly's cause I basically wear them all the time at the motorpool, range, etc. don't wanna spend more on some sunglasses when these block out the sun just fine.
>>
>>21064447
This

Randolph is great, USA made. USAF contracts. Fuck the luxottica Jew and Chinese jew and Maui jew.

. >>21064450
They do come with spare pads, and RE customer support is very responsive for more.
>>
>>21064275
You want something with Zeiss glass. Tumi has some Japanese made frames with zeiss glass. You’ll pay for those at retail, but if you are savvy on eBay you can get them for reasonable prices $60-120 but you have to be patient.

Outside of that Randolph is great. Fuck Maui jew. Their shit is Chinese garbage, Ray jews are Chinese garbage and a shadow of their former selves.
>>
>>21064275
just grab a 10 dollar pair of whatever
they're fucking sunglasses, dude
>>
File: 1559503628567.jpg (66 KB, 474x386)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>21064525
>trusting your long term eyesight to chinese plastics
shiggy diggy
>>
>>21064512
Paid like 160 for my first set of concordes
Thought I lost them about 2 years ago and immediately bought another pair after I thought all hope was lost.
Found original pair a few weeks later
Been wearing them since then, only time I don't is if I might get myself into some bullshit with site work, though I'm considering buying my own pair of another fitment and just keeping them in my bag.
>>
>>21064447
>>21064512
randolph sounds like a good route, having a hard time deciding between the concorde or P3. I really liked the green lens on my old ray bans, and the P3 doesn't come with green polarized lens in a gold frame. anyone have a pair with the tan lens?
>>
File: 51xQtvf9ysL._UX522_.jpg (13 KB, 522x522)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
I have no idea what brand they are, but if you have regular glasses, consider this kind with the clip. Works way better than OTG stuff and you don't have to worry about losing the frame specific magnet ones.
>>
>>21064486
>GI ballistic eye wear
>motorpool, range
milfag detected
>>
>>21065964
I just have two more or less identical Concordes, gunmetalish frames with black glass polarized lenses. Though looking now the P3 looks quite good, I generally like neutrally colored lenses especially when driving as they won't tint colors that may be necessary to identify hazards, etc.

I'd just get what you think would look good on you.
>>
>>21066633
are polarized lens really that essential? AO makes some nice looking aviators and I can get em for like $140 whereas the randolphs will all be around $300. I mean if NASA sent people to the moon with non polarized glasses, won't it be good enough for driving around in southern california?
>>
>>21064389
>Anything polarized.

I used to think so but screens are so ubiquitous now (especially in cars) it's more of a drawback than a benefit
>>
Where can I get inexpensive prescription sunglasses online now? Is Zenni Optical any good?
>>
I got some Oakley's with the fancy ass bullshit new super polarized lenses. They work well but they're a little expensive.
>>
What quality brands aren't made by luxottica?
>>
Are quality window tints usually polarized? my shitbox needs new tint all around and I'd rather not drop a ton of money on polarized sunglasses if a good quality window tint will do the same thing. and I'm pretty sure polarized glasses and polarized tint will just be shitty to look at.
>>
>>21066848
If polarized car tint is real (idk), and the polarity of your sunglasses is perpendicular to the tint's, congrats you won't be able to see shit unless you tilt your head
>>
Personally I wear Oakley Holbrook sunglasses with their "Prizm" lenses. They're nice.
>>
>>21066744
>>21066804
I love polarization on lenses. I have no idea what the drawbacks would be unless you need to look at screens. My friend who is a pilot can't wear polarized lenses because some screens will look fucky when viewed through polarized lenses. I personally don't look at screens when I drive, as nobody should, so it isn't a problem to me. I've never had any other adverse effects. The glare reduction is amazing. I don't think I will ever go non-polarized again, the benefits are just far too good.
>>21066810
I had a pair of Zennis. I don't do prescription, so I just got a "0" prescription to try out their pair of standard aviators. The frame I got was kind of "flat" instead of curved with my face so they kinda always fit weird. I ended up dropping them and while they didn't break they scratched to hell and I wasn't that happy with them to begin with so I stuck em in a drawer and kinda moved on to my Randolphs. My girlfriend and mom wear glasses and have regular glasses through them and both seem to love them. The build quality was fine, I just didn't like my particular frame's design.
>>21066818
Randolph. Maybe Zenni? A LOT of big names are made by Luxottica including RayBan, Maui Jim, Sunglass Hut, Oakley and I'm sure others. I'm not sure of any others I know of are NOT Luxottica.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.