[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: assssssssssssssssss.jpg (19 KB, 425x284)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
whats the point of them, wouldnt they just let water get in and cause corrosion, rust, etc.
The only thing i imagine they exist for besides appearence is maybe some people have longer studs then a closed lug nut can fit onto.
>>
>>20822188
Lugbolts are superior anyways.
>>
>>20822222
chequed
>>
>>20822188
Weight reduction. I'm not being a fag about it but there it is.
>>20822222
How do you figure sir?
>>
Theyre required for my racing class but I dont know why. We have to use ARP studs too though.
>>
File: 1550644532555.jpg (176 KB, 1022x688)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>20822222
Sucks ass when changing wheels
>>
>>20822282
when lug bolts snap or fail they break in such a way as to not make the wheel damn near impossible to get off.
If a lug stud strips or a lug nut is seized you can have a hell of a time getting the wheels off.

Also less parts and less weight, instead of a lugstud and lugnut you just have the bolt.

The only down side is its possible to strip the hub if you're a complete dumbass and not hand tightening them first before ugga duggan them down, and that usually requires replacement of the hub.

>>20822318
If you have hub centric wheel like 90% of all lug bolt cars, its not that difficult, and after a little practice you can get spot on every time.
>>
>>20822222
>quints on such a terrible opinion
Wtf
>>
>>20822347
>opinion
>>
>>20822337
One of my cars has fucking 5x170, and let me tell you that bitch centers about as well as landwhale joggs
>>
>>20822188
I have these exact same nuts and I'll tell you, they get scratched very easily
>>
>>20822337
>when lug bolts snap or fail they break in such a way as to not make the wheel damn near impossible to get off.
When lug nuts fail they can be twisted off with force. I have completely worn lug nuts and studs and I still get wheels on and on fine.
>If a lug stud strips or a lug nut is seized you can have a hell of a time getting the wheels off.
Its doable. Not that big a deal. Same for lug bolts if the seize or whatever have fun.
>Also less parts and less weight, instead of a lugstud and lugnut you just have the bolt.
Valid. Also putting lut nut wheels on is you hang it on studs and its set. Just twist on and off, easy and simple change. Very little pain in ass.
>The only down side is its possible to strip the hub if you're a complete dumbass and not hand tightening them first before ugga duggan them down, and that usually requires replacement of the hub.
If you strip or damage nuts or studs you replace them easily.

Lug bolts are a retarded burgerclap meme. Just like imperial system. It's archaic bullshit only retards cling to.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.