[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1408976829910.png (22 KB, 633x758)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>tfw just failed my driving test
How many tries did take you to pass lads?
>>
>>20686935
once
>>
1, nearly failed because I stalled when a kid ran in front of the road though.
>>
Three
The first time i didn't even move the car because i failed during the inspection identifying the lights wrong because i was nervous as shit
The second time i didn't give way and therefor failed
Third attempt was a smooth sail
>>

The driving test here is basically a checklist though:
- don't speed
- stop at a stop sign
- park in a car park
- do a hill start if you're getting your manual license
- check your mirrors
>>
>>20686935
Passed first time, stalled twice and somehow passed
>>
>>20686935
farm tractor and moped, first attempt.
car, first
lost bc dui and had to do the test again, first
car and trailer, first
another dui and another test, first
c1/medium truck, first
all where theory first and 45min of driving after. im getting good at this.
>>
>>20686935
1, how do you fail, I remember it being very easy.
>>
One, and I got full marks.

I also have severe anxiety and struggle to leave the house.

If you want something bad enough then go out and get it.
>>
File: 1554517224233.gif (204 KB, 260x188)
204 KB
204 KB GIF
1 after less than a month of practicing driving.
>>
>not bribing your way to success
>>
2 attempts, I hadn't practiced parallel parking and fucked it up, everything else was fine though. 2nd time was easy, since then I've probably gotten worse at parallel parking since I live in the country and rarely if ever go into town, I may have parallel parked two times in the past 12 months.
>>
You shouldn't be able to take the test again, desu. The kind of indecisive little shits that get so nervous at the idea of a test they lose all of their mental faculties are exactly the kind of people who shouldn't be on the road.
>>
>>20686935
In my country, we have 4 tests to pass.
Theory Test, Parking Test, Assessment Test & Final Test.

I passed the first 3 tests on the first try.
I passed on the last test on the 2nd try.

Reason of 2nd try? I panicked when one motherfucker swerved into my lane and I almost sideswiped the car on the next lane. Fucking examiner gave me an instant fail even though I didn't crash. Had to wait a full 2 months for the next final test because most of the test allotments were full. Fuck you random guy!
>>
>>20686974
You really deserve to lose your legs.
>>
>>20686935
Took me one try. Only lost some points when I had to back around a corner. I was told I went too wide even though it looked pretty good to me. I didn’t complain considering I still finished with a 98.
>>
First try because it was easy. Then again, the test is a joke here in the states.
>>
>>20686935
I passed theory and practice tests first time
it's no big deal if you fail at first, but if you fail on your second try you gotta start asking yourself some questions
>>
>>20686935
Second time,
Took it once at the notoriously "harder" area and failed (Only harder because theres a green left turn at a busy intersection._
Passed it at a easy location by an affluent neighborhood.
Now that i'm an experienced driver it boggles my mind how little the driving test really expects from you.
>>
File: thumbnail-1491930943667.jpg (71 KB, 608x1080)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>20686935
>driving for over 20 years
>literally million+ miles with no accident
>move to new state that requires I take driver's test again
>almost fail by one question
>>
>>20687007
Hey man, I just forgot to put my seatbelt on alright
>>
I never had to take the driving portion of the exam because i took driver's ed. I passed the written 1st try.
>>
i failed the written test because i didn't study. i passed the driving test but was like this test is a joke.
>>
>>20686935
3. failed the first two times for driving with one hand. didnt have any issue with the maneuvering or parking. just wasnt taking the test seriously since i had always passed every test with no effort.
>>
>>20687060
Yeah I had a close call on the theory test because I didn't bother learning shit like the maximum weight of trailer without brakes that I wasn't going to use.
>>
>>20686952
>2 dui's
>still has a licence

America truly is a shithole
>>
>>20686935
11 tries on the writing test
1 try on the driven test
>>
>>20686935
Passed it on my first attempt, not by much though: IIRC got an 87 or 89. Speculation: most people fail due to illegal or dangerous behaviour, as the actual drive part is simple and I botched the only 2 technical parts: backing out of a driveway similation (did not expect this/never needed to do it, and the parallel park.
>>
Passed second time.

NEARLY passed the first time but then I autismed on a roundabout and nearly killed myself and the examiner.
>>
>>20687138
Massive kek
>>
>>20686935

i got it first try
>>
>>20687140
I certainly wasn't kekking at the time. My examiner told me off quite savagely at the end. It's part of the reason why, despite having passed my test over 3 years ago, I still lack the confidence to actually drive. Imagine if I repeated the same fuck up when driving alone and smashed into a car with a family inside?
>>
Passed 2nd time. First failed because while parking I didnt go back enough leaving nose of car sticking out of parking space. The most retarded mistake that I have made. Its not even a mistake I was just bad with car size. Car was a 2011 Focus or some shit that had retarded seating position and long bulky hood I couldnt tell where it ended. Fuck that car. Other than that I did everything pretty much flawlessly. Was pissed after that about whole day.
>>
>>20687119
>11 tries on the writing test

you what? i did my theory test while drunk and sleep deprived and i passed first time with no problems. shit was easy
>>
>>20687145
That means you lack driving skills. Im not a confident dude at all (even girls are more confident than me). But I do feel confident enough driving and dont think about it. Just works out automatically as I grinded it.
>imagine if I....
Thats what stop every person from achieving what they want. You know, plane pilots are at danger every time, but they still continue flying. It isnt as scary once you get hooked on driving.
>>
>>20687157
I am (or was), for the most part, a competant drive. The motions of controlling the vehicle, changing gears, understanding the road and the intentions of other drivers etc was pretty much second nature by the end as you say. The issue is I'm a retard and prone to making stupid mistakes. This goes for more things than just driving, I'm generally just an idiot who lacks common sense.
>>
>>20686935
brainlet.
>>
>>20686974
Haven’t you got a college application to sponsor?
>>
>>20686935
Once for both theory and practical test.
Nearly failed the theory test because I was lazy af.
>>
>>20686935
Once. 12 years later still have not been in accident and have continued to take lessons. Some people should not drive anon. It sucks if your in the us though. It's practically a requirement.
>>
3 attempts car. One of them was due to bad luck. The instructor said so. If you go the speed limit and you get honked at for any reason you auto fail. Some jackass was going 80 in 40mph and couldn't wait for me to overtake.
1 attempt for motorcycle.
>>
>>20686935
I needed 2 takes. On the first I ran into roadwork zone at high speed. Second was a comfy ride between 2 towns.
>>
Past theory first time then the practical took three times

First time I stalled and failed
Second time I went through a yellow light and failed
>>
>>20686935
I failed once because I wouldn't come to a complete stop at stop signs.
>>
>>20687119
Do you have a learning disability or something how the fuck do you fail so many times?
>>
>>20686935
>tfw taking driving lessons right now and it's awful
40 dollars each time and all the guy does is babysit me for an hour while heckling and stress me out, never gives any useful advice or input just does shit like scream LOOK LEFT, even though I already am, causing me to worry and hesitate.
>>
>>20687208
Dont worry. It will get better with time.
>>
>>20687276
>If you go the speed limit and you get honked at for any reason you auto fail
what fucking retarded rules are these
>>
File: OP_is_a_fag.jpg (195 KB, 960x337)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>20686935
>How many tries did take you to pass lads?
First time.

Failures should not be allowed to re-take.
>Compulsory bus-pass for you, OP
>>
>>20687337
Get another driving teacher dude you are just wasting your money. They should be coaching you about the specific things you need to do to pass the test (as well as how to drive safely obviously). My teacher was a fucking angel, never made me stressed and I probably would have fucked up some little thing if he hadn't prepped me so well
>>
Just don't end up like danish autist anon OP
>>
>>20687153
>>20687317
I did like 9 tries when I was 18 and didnt even want a license so I never studied for it, was forced by my parents so by failing everything felt better.

Then later when I wanted to get one I just missed it by 1 point every time.
>>
File: 1555243286114.jpg (37 KB, 397x298)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
Twice:
First time the proctor was super high strung and must have been ESL. He literally did an autistic ree! because I went straight at an intersection and pulled over because I couldn't understand his thick accented instructions to turn right. He thought I was intentionally ignoring him and I almost broke down crying because of his yelling.
Next try the proctor could speak proper English and didn't have high blood pressure so I passed with flying colors
>>
>>20687394
Coming from a place where you can fail from something retarded like resting your hand on the gearstick for slightly too long, I definitely disagree
>>
Twice, the first one I had a lady who had no interest in actually proctoring the exam, just yelling at me every time something wasn't perfect
>>
>>20686947
>Manual license
Does your country have different licenses for different transmissions or something?
>>
>>20687422
There should always be different tests for automatic and manuals, it's fucking idiotic knowing that the US doesnt have that shit.
>>
>>20686935
>>
>>20687406
That makes sense being forced to do something you don't want to really sucks. At least you got it now
>>
>>20687422
>>20687438
It's like that in NSW, but after a year you move onto your P2 licence and you can drive manuals anyway so there's not much point
>>
On the first try, instructor skipped all the small stuff like parking and vehicle inspections and so on as he knew that I had been driving and working on cars for the past 5 years without a license.
Most of the driving classes with him were just "Hey kid let's go get a burger or some shit" and that's it, just cruising around and talking shit.

Motorcycle license was a bit tougher for me, especially the theory tests which I had to do like 3 times as I mostly fucked up the parking questions.
>>
Once I'm not mentally ill
>>
>>20686935
Passed in one go.
>went to a BMV in da hood
>I'm white AF
>"I'd like to get my drivers license" I tell the obese black bureaucrat
>15 minutes later we're in my grandmas old as hell Towncar (with peeling paint) I was being allowed to have to drive
>fat BMV lady never took her eyes from her phone, had me drive around the parking lot for 10 minutes, backed into a parking space
>test over
>I ask about a written test
>she said 'no'
>got my picture taken, had my license in hand from about 1 hour I first walked into the BMV

It was criminally easy to get my license, which explains how there's so many shithead drivers on the roads.
>>
>>20686935
3 attempts

1st >retard staring at phone was actually going to use a crossing; i failed to stop in time
2nd >cunt examiner made some shit up about me pulling away unsafely from a standstill despite the road being empty????
3rd >actually spoke to the examiner who had me the first time, really nice relaxed chat & drive, aced it
>>
File: your opinions.png (1.2 MB, 983x610)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>20687411

This is not subject to your worthless, plebeian OPINION:
a motor vehicle is a lethal weapon in undisciplined and uncoordinated hands.
You are trained not to use the gear lever as a handrest for a reason.
Ignore that training and you must take the bus.
Forever.
>>
>>20686935
I got mine on the first try
>>
>>20686935
Theory took me 2 tries because that shit's super strict here, aced the practical exam right away.
>>
Second try. Failed my first for taking off from a four way intersection before a truck on the other end came to a complete stop, which was a "Dangerous action"
>>
>>20688146
you want us to join you on your bus?
>>
>>20688146
if you'd read my post you'd know that I don't drive
>>
>>20688146
Id honestly drive that
>>
>pass written test
>let license expire because I didn't care about driving
>have to take another written
>pass again
>drive maybe 7 times in a year
>get one driving lesson where we do a mock test and basically fail
>fixed said issues in a few driving sessions with gf or parents as passenger
>passed practical on first attempt
My parents were actually useless in teaching me how to drive and I'm glad I paid the $100 for the lesson. I almost failed the practical for one single mistake, which was speeding while coming out of a school zone because I didn't see the sign.

I think the reason people fail is because they learn from their parents and also get cocky if they're familiar with vehicles. If I didn't take that mock test/lesson and learned what I needed to correct I would have probably failed multiple times.
>>
>>20687099
That guy is clearly European.
You don't have to take a special test to pull a fucking trailer in the US.
>>
>>20687099
norfag all the way here.
>>
In Poland driving exam is (was few years ago) actually pretty hardcore, because the institution that makes it is not financed by goverment and has to make profit. It starts to go in plus around 80% failed exams.

I had to try five times.

First I actually really shouldnt pass. i was scared as fuck and make a lot of mistakes.
Second, I did not even get to driving in town. First you make a curve forward and backward, and then starting uphill, only if you pass those you get to city driving. On uphill car started to lose traction and going down while milling the wheels. It was very cold that day; I think maybe it was ice, maybe my mistake, whatever, im not sure what I should do then to this day.
Third time I almost passed and was returning to the depot when some random guy fucking ran from between parked cars right through the street. I braked with a tirescream and stopped like 2 meters before him, but I failed because I stopped on the lines of pedestrian crossing (polish road law requires you to be a nostradamus and magically know that pedestrian will run through before it happens, or its your fault). I think I will forever remember that guys face when he realized that I was driving exam car and he made me fail, but fuck you, guy, nonetheless.
Fourth time I actually laughed at the examinator. It was snowing heavily and on the sides on the road lied large, more than one meter high snow piles. It was going good until in one moment fucker just hits the brakes and screams at me "What the hell are you doing?! This woman stands on pedestrian crossing!" Yeah, she did. Behind a 1m high wall of snow and talking through her phone, not intending to cross the street at all.
And fifth time Ive passed.

Driver for ten years, never had any kind of accident at all. Girl which was in class with me passed first time and destroyed herself on a street lamp after a month.
>>
>>20687068
That shouldn't matter either. Worse that happens is you die.
>>
>>20688316
Polandball is roll
>>
>>20686935
Twice. First time because the starting point was on the left lane and the tester marked me off for being cautious on the turn.
>>
>>20686935
britbong here. passed theory second try, test first time during school run and a week earlier than i had arranged it for
>>
>>20688316
then why are polish drivers so bad?
>>
>>20686935
failed parallel parking in my 1st try
drove perfectly in my 2nd try
>>
>>20688395
>failed parallel parking in my 1st try
Op here, literally the same happened to me today
>>
Unironically failed 3 times, passed on my 4th, but we had scheduled like 8 tests that all got cancelled due to weather or some other bullshit

First time was for """cutting off""" someone who turned before my stop sign

Second time was for going 1 mph over the speed limit

Third time was for stopping on the white line (DMV considers that to mean you didn't stop at the stop sign, who knew?)

Fourth time I passed with a 98/100, but it didn't matter too much to me because I had been driving without a license for like 6 months lmao
>>
>>20688384
I personally dont find them "bad" in the traditional sense. Most of them control the car pretty well and react correctly in dangerous situations; They just behave like assholes most of the time. They ignore speed limits, tailgate and overtake you without thinking too much about it. Still, everywhere you will find good and bad drivers: generalisation never shows the truth.

Passing difficult exam gives you false feeling that youre very skilled.

I live in Hessen, Germany now and I definitely see here things on the road I have never seen in Poland. Indecisiveness, ignoring blinkers, lack of reaction to dangerous things. Its visible that exam is easier and there are more less experienced people on the road. And theres a whole lot of accidents. Roads here are hard: theyre narrow and curvy as fuck. Almost everyday I see some oil spills, glass on the road, broken signs.

It was strange to me at first, because I always thought that Germany has better road accident statistics than Poland. But maybe thats because they drive newer cars, so more people survive them. Or maybe its observators fallacy: I have seen just a fragment of the whole, both in Poland and in Germany.
>>
File: f91w zulu.jpg (2.2 MB, 3264x2448)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
>>20688440
yeah, i was devastated, too. try not to think too hard about it and talk things over with your instructor. practice if you can and you'll do fine.
>>
>>20687438
No one in the U.S. drives standard anon
>>
i haven't finished my process but this is how you must do it in jewland

>do an eyesight test,doctor examination,rubber stamp from dmv
>do a theory exam
>mandatory 28 lessons, which are like 25$ each
>dummy test (depends on the instructor), costs money too
>real test, scheduling can take up to two months
>roads are somewhat hard because there is an intersection every 5 seconds and barely any highways.

some people take a year to finish this shit
>>
>>20687422
if you got manual license you can drive both manual and auto but if you have auto license you can only drive auto.
t. yuropean
>>
File: g2VF40m4_o.jpg (32 KB, 480x531)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>20688518
haha based wholesome boomer
>>
Literally all I had to do was drive for like 10 minutes and park kek.I'm in dc, btw
>>
>>20686935
4, 1st time insurance card was out of date, 2nd time the battery died, 3rd time I got food poisoning, 4th time I passed no problem.
>>
>>20686935
Passed written first try, passed driving test first try. Been driving on a farm since I was 9, and drove to church and back in Sundays without a permit since 14. City fags btfo
>>
File: FB_IMG_1555232800018.jpg (13 KB, 326x294)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
2 written exams passed first try
Took me 2 tries to get the Car license
I rolled a bit backwards while waiting for a another Car to Reverse in a parking spot
One try for my bike license

Germany
>>
never failed, and i was driving without a license for over 4 years
>>
1st, the only thing my examintor didn't like was the way I turned back by using a closed road but I've never been told about the proper way and it's really a minor thing
>>
>>20688449
in a way they are damn good drivers, im talking about the truckers now. they go up north here in the winter with nothing but worn out slicks on all 18 wheels. they cause a lot of problems and event kills people with their poorfag stupidity, but thats just a few of them. the ones that make it here and back home again, you have to respect them.
>>
Car first try, Moto I failed the written test first time on the DUI questions since I'm not a degenerate alcoholic and never paid attention to the DUI laws.
>>
>>20688508
In Poland:
>Course costs around 400 eur (minimal wage is around 350)
At time I took it:
>Exam costed 150 PLN, so around 40 eur
>Waiting line: 3 weeks
>First theory:
>22 questions, multiple choice test, chosen randomly from a core of 600 (now the core is 1800 if I remember correctly), youre allowed 2 mistakes
>Second driving:
>You are seated in a glass building in the middle of the depot with group of 20-30 people
>Who goes when is randomized and you arent informed. People are called out through pretty shitty speaker, so you actually fear going to a bathroom, because you could not hear that your time is now
>You see people who (and how) fail through the glass, but those who pass are relieved on the other side of the building so you dont see them
>Exam time is around one hour so if youre 25 or 28 in line you can sit there for quite a lot of time, most I have waited was 4 hours, but I heard stories of 8 and more pretty often
Exam starts:
>First you have to show the examinator all the lights. Turn then on, call them correctly, turn them out.
>Then you open the engine bay and have to show and correctly name all the exploatation fluids intakes: brake fluid, oil, window cleaning fluid, cooler fluid
>Finally you get into the car. First, you have to make a curve forward and backwards. On the lines there are those street gum orange shits which name I dont know:If you touch it, you failed, of you stop before the designated place, you failed. That counts if any part of the car is not in the lines
>Then uphill start. If car rolls backwards more than 10cm if I remember correctly, you failed.
>After this you drive into the city and drive around for 45 minutes. Youre allowed two minor mistakes (if something is a minor or major mistake is examinator's guess. All examples of law breaking are always mayor, and polish road law is pretty retarded), also somewhere in that time examinator orders you to park somewhere. When parking, you can correct a mistake once.
>>
>>20688600
Just how many people drive without licenses in there ?
>>
>>20686935
>lads
Euroshit confirmed. Did the .7 liter motor's tremendous power scare you?
>>
>>20688559
Yeah, its nice to hear that. I personally dislike truck drivers because they behave like they have fucking manifest destiny, chosen people of the road, but you cannot take the skill away from them.

Also, when you see some accidents or something that happen not at drivers fault, but because car was overweighted, got into road it shouldnt or not in good tech state or whatever, its often the transport firm fault. Drivers are often forced to do shit they dont want to do by theirs bosses. Truck driver is one of better paid jobs in Poland that is accessible by people with no special skills and drivers often are only feeding hands of the family, so they fear losing their jobs.

Polish businessmen are fucking worst of the worst. I worked driving a 3.5 ton bus and I quit after two weeks. Once they told me they will pack over a ton more cargo than is allowed for a fucking one thousand kilometers drive; my reaction was "Fuck no, no way, I will not drive that!" and they just did it without informing me. Which is kinda stupid way of forcing you, because you see the cargo before driving and everything has a weight sticker. But what are you going to do when youre 500 kilometers from home, say fuck you, leave the car and walk?
>>
>>20686935
I failed the first one because we got to a tight four way intersection with two stop signs. I hadn't quite yet stopped, and on the left corner there were tall shrubs to where you could barely see oncoming traffic. A car flew through, speeding, and I nearly hit it. I did everything else fine. We get out and instructor said he failed me because I almost hit a car.

I went back the next day, took test again and did fine. I was pretty pissed off.
>>
>>20688635
I dont think very many, but I met at least a few. Earlier or later you will be caught and fine is pretty draconian for that. Also you will get a ban from driving any motorized vehicles for three years, yes, that means if you have a bike drive license and are caught driving a car, you will lose it and can only renew it after three years.

Also you will lose your license if youre caught riding a bike while drunk, that means, after more than one beer.

In Poland people are often pretty afraid of the police. Communism memories are still strong and during that time if you were caught doing anything remotely illegal militia would just beat the shit out of you with batons.
During martial law they shot water cannons at people waiting at bus stops because law stated that more than 3 people in one place is illegal demonstration

>>20688650
UK? I think so. Those are uneducated, lowlife people, I hope youre at least somewhat thankful that they do the jobs you dont want to. They are largest part of emigration waves, because in Poland its impossible to live doing jobs theyre qualified for.
And coal burners are in every nation. Niggers often go for ugly white women, and those specimen are 3/10 in Poland at max.
As about german cars, many people in Poland believe in good quality of german engineering after cult Mercedes models that almost made it bankrupt. I personally like japan cars more and intend to buy a MX-5 in few months, I think it will be crazy fun to drive around those narrow serpentines of Hessen.
>>
>>20688499
Speak for yourself.
t. burger with a standard
>>
I passed first time but the lady said I was driving too slow afterwards
>>
File: y6ty2qcoj6d21.jpg (88 KB, 1002x1001)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>20688662
You sound like a pussy bro
>>
>>20686935
>parents "too busy" to teach me to drive
>too cheap to pay for driver's ed
>played driving games and watched youtube videos
>told them my friend was teaching me
>passed the test on my first try
really, only an absolute retard would fail that fucking test
>>
First time. I only got marked down for 'use of speed' because I religiously stuck to the speed limit, even where it was inappropriately fast around some nice tight bends. Now that I've passed the test I just drive above the limit instead.
>>
>>20688764
I do not care how do I sound to you, my friend. My life is my own, I feel good living it, I had more women I ever wanted. I make my decisions based on my judgement, not on how I will be seen for them.

From the other point of view, your need to classify someone you read after just few sentences definitely sounds like something really insecure. Slow down, dont stress yourself so much. No one really cares, most peple dont think about you.

I do not know If you know anything about driving a cargo vehicle, but the barrier between the cargo and the driver is designed to withstand 40% of the cargo's mass. Mass that designer took into consideration and wrote into specification. Due to the way physics work, when car slows, cargo is pressed into that barrier. When it slows rapidly, it presses hard. During a head-on collision it can be even 10 times the mass and most drivers die killed by their cargo, not because a car hit them head on. Overloading a car over a 1/3 allowed mass is fucking praying for death if something even minor happens on the road.

I just what I thought was sensible: I had no money to go home myself, didnt feel like fucking begging random people for help, so I just made the delivery carefully and left the job.
>>
File: 1512419839951.jpg (86 KB, 1024x576)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>20688868
I know a lot about how cargo works lol
If your load is secured correctly, it will never even put any force on the "barrier between the cargo and driver"
Whoa dude you get women????
Epic!
Cringelord lol
>>
File: image;s=261x203.jpg (8 KB, 259x194)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>20689018
So you have no fucking idea, it shows. You even seen a 3.5 ton bus? I assure you, it has nothing to do with that trailer you posted. I dont know, in states you make shop deliveries with trailers? It would be in your style. I drove one on pic included.

Because in a bus you actually secure the cargo to the barrier, moron. Counting that in most circumstances tension is taken by the weight itself holding the cargo in place on the platform anyway.

But whoa sure you showed me, it must make you real proud of yourself. All the best, kid.
>>
>>20686970
Widdely widdely widdely waaa
>>
>>20686935
Don't worry, anon. I failed once because I did not completely stop and have the wheels roll back at the last stop sign. Learn from your mistakes and push forward. I passed the second time, so you've got this.
>>
Got failed the first time because my cunt instructor didn't understand that a light turning red while I'm in the intersection is not a problem.
>>
>failed theory test once because of some dumb fucking tractor question (I live in a city)
>passed practical in one
>>
i'm old but i still remember taking my driving test in my mom's altima. the lady who rode with me was really fat and was like, "can we turn on the air conditioning?" it was like 55f degrees outside
>>
>>20686935
1st cause I'm not a retard
>>
File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (146 KB, 1280x720)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
I ran a stop sign during my test but still passed, how did you guys even fail?
>>
>>20686935
Twice, first time it was the examiner's fault because she told me to get in the wrong lane to go back to the DMV and I wasn't familiar with the area to know that.
>>
>>20686935
2. first time I was taken through old town temecula. i.e drunk tourists jaywalking and I got failed for hitting brakes too hard because someone walked out into the street.
>>
>>20690838
kek I got fucked by drunk jaywalkers my first try too. plus rolling through a stop sign
>>
Passed on 2nd try. I failed the verbal on the 1st try. The instructor insisted that when your park on a hill, you turn the wheels into traffic. I informed them that if the brakes fail the car coasts into traffic. So remember, if you park on a hill. Make sure the car will drive itself into traffic if you lightly put on the brake.
>>
>>20686935
First try... Very baked in a 5500lb SUV. If you can't pass it sober you shouldn't be on the road. And you wonder why you pay so much for insurance...
>>
Took one try, the very day I turned 16. I got 100% on both the 'written' and driving exams - and used a manual car, and they made me parallel park on a hill with a curb.
>>
>>20686935

it's okay Anon

don't cry

i almost cried when I failed my driving test

just do it again

i still can't parallel park
>>
I scraped a curb when parking at the end of the test
>>
>>20686947
OI BRUV YOU GOTTA LOICENSE FOR THAT NUMBUH STICK?
>>
>>20686935
Once for class C, first time for class A, got like 3 wrong on the test and charmed the fuck out of the supposedly cranky black lady that was there for in cab and walk around.
>>
>>20686935
1. I should have failed from one mistake but the instructor either wasn't paying attention or felt like being nice that day. Was shitting my pants until we pulled into the parking lot
>>
>>20686935
ONE "TRY"
The guy made me do so little that there was literally no point in testing you might as well just let anyone drive.
>>
they give drivers licenses to illegal aliens in connecticut you're really just a cuck if you get a license
>>
>>20687438
What the fucks the point of this and why do yuros brag about it? What does it prevent?
>>
>>20686935
One
>>
>>20686935
once. The instructor was the H.S gym teacher Mr. Perez. He didnt gaf
>>
ITT: degenerates. Failing even once is subhuman.
>>
>>20686935
I was too confident and comfy while driving not to pass
>>
>>20686935
>tfw you literally can't relate to tfw....

first attempt, the guy literally said, "well, ya did fine, but I can't let you get out of here without dinging you for something, sooo..... let's say you didn't check your mirrors enough?? Congratulations, you passed."

I mean... suck less?? GL anon
>>
>>20695326
That was pretty much me too lel. I was speeding pretty much the entire time.
>>
>>20686935
3 times for my automotive, once for my motorcycle license.
>>
>>20687580
You're meant to check the road whether it's empty or not you fucking brainlet nigstain
>>
>>20688640
Does this scare you, burgerfaggot?
>>
>>20686935
youre a dumbfuck and 16
>>
>>20695452
Only the part where it snaps in half and you have to drop the transmission to change the lever.
>>
3 times for me
1st time i was on the "to-fail" list and had to fail
2nd time i let a pedestrian cross the road on my green
3rd time was the charm, got struck with the most fucked up examinator but all he did was hill start and a 30 minute ride around town
>>
First time, only goofed the y turn
>>
>>20688146
It's been 15 something years since I started driving and I haven't gotten into a single accident nor even gotten a single speeding ticket. I'm better than you.
>>
Only twice, the first time I didnt turn into a bicycle lane that supposivley I was supposed to do, new cali law at the time I think and none of the learning materials mentioned it.
>>
>>20686935
Once, thanks to snowstorm
>>
I've told this story before

>be a dad
>take my son for driving test
>he's 6-2, 225# high school football and basketball
>cop comes out to do test
>she's young, cute, petite
>we're ready to go so she tells him to pull out
>he doesn't even look
>she starts complimenting him on his looks
>"the girls must love you"
>"you're pretty fit. what sports do you play?"
>meanwhile he's doing 40 in a 30 zone, rolls through a stop, parallel parks about 2 feet from the curb, rolls through another stop and pulls over at the end of the test
>feel bad for him because he's gonna fail big time
>"congratulations. here's your certificate for your license."
>I'm dumbfounded

he's gone on to total three cars, had his license suspended twice and has had to take the safety course to get his license back.
>>
>>20686935
I failed the first one because I shoulder checked instead of craning my neck around to check my blind spot.
>>
>>20686935
One, it's not hard. You better not be a yank cos those cunts have to try to fail.
>>
>>20695102
it prevents retards from using manual cars
>>
File: 1548367572251.png (1.13 MB, 1122x1122)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>20688178
>>
Random question.

What do you think of defensive driving courses? How much do they usually cost?
>>
>>20695102
If you've only got an automatic license, it signifies that you don't know how to drive a car and everyone is legally obliged to call you a tosser.

>>20686935
Twice for the theory, once for the practical.
>>
>>20686935
I had to take the test 3 times. But when I finally passed, it was with a perfect score.

We're all gonna make it, bros.
>>
>>20686935
2, turned the wheel immediately when backing out a parking spot, insta failed
>>
One but I was 2 points from failing because I'm a cool guy who has a large peripheral vision who likes to drive with one hand.
>>
For the Ohio driving exam:
>Lasted 10 minutes
>No parallel parking
>Didn't go above 35mph
>Drove in a straight line and then cruised in a neighborhood
>Can use backup camera if your car has it
>>
nig examiner failed first time because i was off the curve by an inch after parallel parking. w/e im good at it now
>>
>>20686935
I had to take it twice. Failed first time for speeding in a school zone while being tailgated. Most people don't pass the first time anyways. Don't feel bad Anon.
>>
I failed 4 times.

The first time was because after I parked and turned the car off, the examiner opened her door as someone pulled into the spot next to us too fast and ripped the door off while breaking her arm in like 6 places. The claimed I parked unsafely and failed me on that.
The next three times were because I got her again, and she failed me all three times before I even started the car with some made-up reason every time, like "refused to wear seatbelt" and such.
>>
File: 1314846841464.jpg (14 KB, 252x240)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>20698762
>>
File: 1553014369349.jpg (693 KB, 960x1247)
693 KB
693 KB JPG
>>20688868
Dont worry about that namefag, hes a retarded dog fucker that cant drive. There was a webm going around a while back where he spun out on a mountain road going slow as fuck. Surprised hes not underage. Sure acts like it. Kind of wish he had crashed off that mountain. Might have humbled him

>>20689018
Btw, Im better than you. How does that make you feel?
>>
>>20698924
That spin on the mountain was totally on purpose bro, couldn't have gone more according to plan
>>
>>20698300
>>20698324
Wow someone driving a synchronized manual on the road without muh propuh loicense, oh the humanity.
>>
>>20698762
Why didn't you report that bitch?
>>
>>
>>20699107
If you can't pass a manual driver's test, you shouldn't be driving. If you can't jerk the car off while driving you don't have the mental focus to not crash either, it's a safety precaution for the general public.
>>
File: Busfag.jpg (42 KB, 900x675)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
I'm too scared to get my licence. IMO, bussing around seems far more easier and it also means that I don't have to deal with more expenses or the thought of dying in a fiery inferno.
>>
>>20701424
You're only telling yourself that because you are too much of a pussy to take control and get your license. Have some confidence. If you're concerned with expenses, choose a car that will both reliably serve you and bring joy. A car will only bring greater independence and a sense of self-worth. You can do it, anon. It's not that scary.
>>
Bongland
>theory first time, only dropped one mark
>practical first time, with one minor fault
It's piss easy, I'm dyspraxic and still managed without any fuss
>>
>>20699107
Not really, it's more that everyone takes the test in a manual car. If you can't, then you get a cuckstamp on your licence
>>
>>20686935
2nd time i took it. 1st time i was nervous af and could not concentrate.
>>
>>20694973
What did you do, speed?
>>
>>20686935
took one try for both written and practical
I dodged a bullet with the tester, girl right before me got an absolute bitch who was never going to pass anyone and I got the only caucasian in the dmv, who reluctantly passed me
>the limit is the maximum don't keep it all the time
partially took her advice and go 5-10 over all the time instead
>>
>>20701424
yeah faggot, I'm sure waiting 15 minutes after the scheduled stop time to ride the seatbeltless bus driven by a guy who's been driving all day until he's cross-eyed is a much better solution
>>
>>20701424
My friend is approaching 30 without a license. Don't be like my friend.
>>
2. The first time I got an angry lesbian examiner. She wasn't paying attention and said I ran a stop sign. I guess her fat ass couldn't feel the vehicle fully stop before rolling forward. I fought her on it because government dykes annoy me more than other degenerates in government jobs, I think she was also a spic.
>>
>>20686935
hahaha maybe you should consider never driving pal
>>
Twice- failed the parrelell park
>tire hits curbs slightly
>"STOP THE CAR, YOU HAVE DAMAGED THE VEHICLE. YOU FAIL!"
>look at deranged fat woman instructor
>"What? It was just the tired touching the cur-"
>"YOU HAVE FAILED SIR YOU CAN TAKE THE TEST IN TWO WEEKS STOP THE CAR!"
>put car in neutral and lardo the whale jumps out like crispy creme was giving away free samples

I'm fairly certain she was angry because she could barely fit in my truck (which also didn't have a muffler so it was incredibly loud) and the parallel parking spot have had set up was only 6 inches longer than my truck length.

Went through the second time in my mother's minivan and passed EVEN THOUGH I SWERVED HARD TO AVOID AN OLD NIGGER JAYWALKING IN A 6 LANE INTERSECTION AND NEARLY RAN OFF THE ROAD
>>
>>20686935
3 on motorbike at 17
First time on car because of previous motorbike experience..

>attempt 1 - went through an unmarked crossroad without slowing down to check oncoming traffic, fair enough as that shit gets you killed.
>attempt 2 - light changes from green to yellow as i am right on-top of it, instructor said i should of stopped but even in an emergency stop I would have sailed past it and would have stopped in the middle of the road, the examiner probably didn't get his oats that morning or something.
>>
File: 0e3.gif (2.66 MB, 320x214)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB GIF
2. Failed at parallel parking. Got very scared because the time was running out and my anxiety reached its climax at that point. Wanted to pass the first time so bad because my mom and dad passed the first time.

>tfw your state no longer requires parallel parking on driving tests, the very thing I failed on

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.