[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>"it will die in half a year"
>/o/ every day since 2014

>outsells c class, 3 series, A4 and everything similarly priced by huge margin
>B-b-but it didn't beat this econobox literally dead company

>Ivy League scientists and people actually knowledgeable say they're good for the environment
>PAID SHILLS THE OIL COMPANIES AND DRUMPF WOULD NEVER LIE

>Muh fires deathtrap
>Model 3 safest car in world
>W w who cares anyway
>>
Nobody buys sedans anymore. Compare Tesla sales to crossover sales and come back.
>>
>>20681736
Compare crossover sales to bicycles and come back. Green transport chads win yet again.
>>
>>20681741
Bicycles outsell them 100x. What's your point? Why don't you make non retarded comparisons?
>>
>>20681749
Why don't you?
>>
File: shitsu.jpg (491 KB, 2340x1316)
491 KB
491 KB JPG
If people really cared about the environment and/or had a big penis, they'd drive a Mirage. Just like me.
>>
>>20681807
this.
>>20681718
NPCs buy justin bieber albums en masse and rebbeca blacks friday was a gigantic hit.
That means they are some of the best music mankind has ever produced.
>>
Because when the competition finally goes all in, they're gonna crush Tesla and their shitty interiors.
>>
Tesla literally won’t be able to compete when Toyota and VW bring out their EVs. Shit, Hyundai’s CURRENT EVs are better than Tesla’s.
>>
>>20682362
>Hyundai’s CURRENT EVs are better than Tesla’s.
shorter range
no charging network
much slower

>Toyota
'self charging hybrid'
a BEV will kill sales of the Prius

>VW
do concepts really count?
>>
>>20681718
Delivered /= sales per month. They had years of pre-orders and are now finally building them. Go compare 2-3 years of sales of those other cars and dump them all in a few month range and see how that looks.
>>
>>20682473
The Kona has 260 mile range and charges as fast as a Tesla. Better vehicle overall. There’s third party charger networks.

>VW
They’ll come out with an EV eventually
>>
>>20682489
>There’s third party charger networks.
In Europe maybe. In the US CCS chargers are even more few and far between than Tesla's.
The vast majority of them are single stalls at only 40kw which makes
>charges as fast as a Tesla
seem doubtful at least in most situations

>The Kona has 260 mile range
Given its aerodynamics the only way it can get the same kind of range as the Mid-Range Model 3 is to seriously limit top speed.
>Better vehicle overall
If you want a fairly dull crossover I guess.

>They’ll come out with an EV eventually
Then Tesla will have to worry about them eventually. They've repeatedly said they'll have EVs out in 3-5 years, and so far we keep getting to 3-5 years later and still no VW BEVs.
>>
>>20682523
It just has a big battery, don’t overthink it.
>charger networks
Obviously depends on your area, if you have 100 kw chargers around you’re good.
>eventually
Toyota will sell ten models of EVs by 2025. VW god knows how many. I really don’t think anyone will take a Tesla over an EV from a reliable experienced auto company.
>>
>tesla debt
>Last Quarter: 3.28B USD
>Last Year: 2.71B USD

Tesla is a company that doesn't turn a profit. Demand for cars is shrinking and won't pick up back up for half a decade.

It's doomed.
>>
>>20682545
>It just has a big battery, don’t overthink it.
It doesn't though, it has the same battery size as the Mid-Range Model 3 which is why I have my doubts as to it having the same 260 mile range with its aero.

>Obviously depends on your area
A quick check of abetterrouteplanner shows that the CCS network is still pretty sparse unless you're in Colorado.

>I really don’t think anyone will take a Tesla over an EV from a reliable experienced auto company.
By the time these EVs are arriving in the mid-2020s Tesla will have been around for over two decades.
>>
>>20682575
It’s more aerodynamic than you claim. You can actually hypermile it to 320 mile range.
https://youtu.be/kq3OoZoUZBA
>>
>>20681718
>outsells c class, 3 series, A4 and everything similarly priced by huge margin
Are those numbers deliveries, or preorders? And what are the numbers outside of California?
>Model 3 safest car in world
lol no
>>
>>20682601
Has the best collision avoidance system on the market and highest crash ratings. BMWs system doesn’t even function:
https://youtu.be/ZMFbMV5QNzk
>>
>>20682613
>drives into a firetruck
Nothing personnel
>>
>>20682625
>one firetruck
>vs 50,000 dead yearly in ice cars
>>
>>20682650
There has been more than 1 case you brainlet. Also, add other thing Teslas like to crash into, like highway barriers. And consider numbers of Teslas on the road vs number of all the other cars.
>>
>>20682677
Tesla’s are still statistically safer
>>
File: new_and_old.jpg (412 KB, 1570x1772)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
>>20682356

I prefer Tesla over normie interiors.
>>
>>20682691
>reflections and glare in the screen used for everything
Wow amazing design straight from Silicon Valley
>>
>>20682698
You should see the greasy screens Tesla youtubers post. God invented buttons for a reason.
>>
I hope to see all the big manufacturers come together to pool their resources and create standardized EV framework including charging stations and software and everything all compatible with any car except teslas. Before I die I hope to see Elon musk hang himself in shame.
>>
>>20682691
absolutely zero comfy
>>
>>20682691
*crashes while trying to change the air settings because there's no knob*
>>
>>20682721
*crashes while trying to angle the air vents because it requires using the touch screen*
>>
File: 1549206656632.png (774 KB, 960x720)
774 KB
774 KB PNG
>>20682732
*doesn't crash because won't even start*
>>
>>20682489
>They’ll come out with an EV eventually
Every "concept" that has come out has failed to deliver a Tesla killer. Hyundai's disappointing EVs were once concepts too, afterall.

As was the Etron and IPace, both of which have some pretty mediocre range and performance compared to Tesla.

I'm still hoping a win from Porsche/Taycan but it's still going to be years until they have a remotely decent network of superchargers.
>>
>>20681718
>Why is this board so delusional about Tesla?
Poorfag cope.

Also, even though like 99% of these idiots always bitch about the general populace being brainwashed by "muh liberal media bias," they're all just as easily influenced by cherrypicked news.

So congrats /o/! You're just as "NPC" as all the "normies" you love to bitch about!
>>
>>20682356
t. increasingly nervous anti-Tesla shill
>>
File: lel.jpg (50 KB, 636x617)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>20682798
>laughs in panel gaps
>These are flaws that we would see on a Kia in the ’90s or something. I can’t imagine how they released this.
>>
>>20681818
Friday was only ever famous because it was bad. Are you saying people only ironically buy Teslas?
>>
>>20682711
He won't hang himself. He'll fly one way to Mars.
>>
>>20682356
The thing is that their competition can't go all in cause Tesla is ridiculously far ahead for whatever reason. I want an electric car in estate format but none of the other manufacturers can even make EVs remotely close to Tesla's level.
>>
>want to buy a Tesla Model 3
>don't have enough money
>too afraid to take out a loan (leasing is fucking highway robbery)
>garage doesn't have a 240V charger
>insurance would probably be more expensive than the loan payments

god i wish i didn't have to care about money
>>
>>20683123
If you drive 20 miles a day you can get by on 120v
>>
>>20683123
You'd be stupid to not lease a Tesla. They depreciate horrifically and their parts and repair network is a fucking nightmare. If you look at actual user experiences you'll find that they're very far from reliable "no maintenance".
>>
>>20683136
I literally drive 100 miles every day to and from work.
>>
File: JUST ORIG.jpg (73 KB, 563x600)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>20682362
i pay 6.5 cents per kilowatt where i live, and the tesla has a 100kw battery and 330 miles of range. i pay $2.80 a gallon for 87 octane, which is 40kw at 7 cents per kilowatt. what do all these numbers mean? that the tesla can be filled up for $7 of electricity at my house, especially with a powerwall. it also means the tesla gets 132mpg from my garage. the tesla electric motor generates 800lbft of torque which is ecu controlled. there are 2 of these motors in the shitty $35k tesla and 4 in the sport car. the car can drive itself for 300,000 miles without an accident, making it statistically 3 times safer than human only piloting which yields 1 accident per 100,000 miles. people who own the first teslas still get 96% of the range out of a single charge as they did ten years ago.

it is, inarguably, the safest (autopilot), most powerful(800 lbft), most reliable(96% range), and most efficient (132 mpg) car ever made. all for $35k if youll accept a smaller battery. if you like cars, can fucking read and think, the tesla is easily the best machine available for most users, which is why tesla captured the US auto market.
>>
>>20682829
People in 1975 bought millions of Pet Rocks. it was a fad, it was trendy.Times have changed but people did not get smarter after 40 years
>>
>>20683018
>The thing is that their competition can't go all in cause Tesla is ridiculously far ahead for whatever reason. I want an electric car in estate format but none of the other manufacturers can even make EVs remotely close to Tesla's level.

i could tell you why in 2 steps. 1, they spent millions creating their own unified PLC to replace the various electronics throughout the vehicle. now they can keep mass producing the same black box, plug it in to anything, and have a car. the keep it next to the battery in a penthouse where it gets unmolested access to the battery, special cooling considerations, and cannot be tampered with. 2, the electric motors are fucknuts crazy. electric motors are varied but can be broken down into a few simple dichotomies, first that there is a rotor and a case. one spins, the other doesnt. there is a coil of wires, and there are magnets. sometimes the magnets are on the rotor and the wires are on the case, sometimes the wires are on the rotor and the magnets are on the case.

but one thing is always the same, the shape is a cylinder. lets look at internal combustion gasoline engines. you fave a handful of cylinders, yes? lets look at a gas turbine. how many cylinders are there? obviously theres only 1 jet engine and thus 1 cylinder, however there are likely thousands of fan blades all creating their own power cycle simultaneously, which cascades into itself. tesla has designed a rotor shape like a blade, or brake rotor, instead of a cylinder. this is a crucial difference, a tesla motor is the jet engine of electric motors.
>>
>>20683334
>the safest (autopilot)
lol
>>
>>20683334
>there are 2 of these motors in the shitty $35k tesla and 4 in the sport car
RWD Teslas have 1 motor and AWD ones have 2 you fucking idiot.
> the safest (autopilot)
lmao
>most reliable(96% range)
Do you know what reliable means, you fucking mong?
>most powerful(800 lbft) car ever made
There are more powerful cars, you simpleton.
>all for $35k
A 35k Model 3 won't have 800 lbft, nor autopilot, you dumb fuck.
Typical dumb Tesla fanboy who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.
>>
>>20683334
>all for $35k if youll accept a smaller battery. if you like car
While I own a Tesla and do love my car (Model S P85D), you jumped the shark.

1) $35K Model 3 doesn't exist. Tesla is stopping production of it. I think you can get them right now if they're in stock but you will not be able to order them very shortly.
2) $35K Model 3 doesn't include any of the stats you just stated so it is moot. That'd be like arguing that since a 911 Turbo an outrun my car, then a Cayman would too.
3) There is no such Tesla that is the most powerful and most efficient. The LR 3 is the second most efficient EV to exist currently, but far from the most powerful EV (which would be the Model S P100D, which is far from the most efficient, and FAR from the most powerful production car).

I love my car, but it's far from perfect and it is DEFINITELY not for everyone.

There's retards on this board wanting a 26% APR 30K loan for some shitbox. Obviously a Tesla of any sort is not for them. There is a far larger market for people who should be getting $3K shitboxes than really expensive gadgets, which is what my Tesla is.
>>
>>20683123
Getting a circuit put in should only be able $300. You don't even need the Tesla wall charger. You can just use a 14-50 with the included adapter/mobile charger.

The home charging part is like the most economical part of owning a Tesla.

Maintenance and insurance is what gets you. Possibly not insurance, depending per person.
>>
Which of the big car manufacturers is going to be the first to btfo Tesla the fuck out of business?
>>
>Safest car in the world
I like Tesla but says fucking who? With the safety technology we have these days I highly doubt a company this young is ahead of everybody else on this front. I'm not even talking about "autopilot" feature but some of the fatals in these cars raise an eyebrow.
>>
>>20683897
Whoever's the first to make a functional electric truck. Ford was testing an electric drivetrain for the F150. I'm talking about something that takes a minute to charge and has a regular truck range while doing truck things.
>>
>>20684747
>Ford was testing an electric drivetrain for the F150.
Unless I'm mistaken those F-150s that were sighted turned out to actually be Rivian's testing mules.

>I'm talking about something that takes a minute to charge
It takes less than a minute to plug in over night, and the fact that in a normal day you never have to worry about gas basically eliminates the shortest gas stops. 15 minutes to plug in, go in, use the bathrooms, get something from the convenience store and come back out to shuffle cargo around, get everyone back in the vehicle and get moving again sounds about right. Or a 30 minute stop that includes a meal.

>has a regular truck range while doing truck things
Never been a Truck guy so I'm not sure what sort of range that would be, but Rivian is talking about a 180kw/h battery which at their rated efficiency (450wh/m) translates to about a 400 mile range.
>>
>>20684839
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a25933730/ford-f-150-electric-pickup-truck-confirmed/

You guys regurgitate the same shit every time... I don't need to fuel up my truck every day, there's no reason why I should have to recharge my car/truck every night. I have enough battery powered bullshit devices to charge as it is. That's also assuming you have an outlet or charging station to charge with. If I go on a week long camping trip there's going to be a problem when even finding gas can be a issue. inb4 but people only need to make it to the spin studio blah blah. I want to be fucking mother nature with my bike, not waiting 30 minutes to recharge.

By truck things I mean towing and low speed off roading and flooring your shit at every green light.
>>
>>20683334
>He thinks lb.ft describes a unit of power
>>
>>20684858
>I don't need to fuel up my truck every day
Depending on how much you drive, you don't really have to do that with an electric car either. I forgot to plug in last night for instance and it meant I started my day with a 72% charge instead of the usual 80%. I could probably make it a week if I really wanted to, but its better to let it top up.
Keep in mind even a 180kw/h battery is a bit like having a 5 gallon gas tank, its not that big of a deal to keep it topped up.

>That's also assuming you have an outlet or charging station to charge with.
Getting one put in is basically a requirement to own a full BEV, electricity from charging stations is expensive you only want to use them when you have to.

>If I go on a week long camping trip there's going to be a problem when even finding gas can be a issue.
Take along a few extra gallons of gas for the generator you use for welding broken axles and you'll be fine. Or just take advantage of the plugs for RVs at most camp sites.

>low speed off roading
Low speed is super efficient for electric motors. You could probably expect quite a bit of extra range if you were going 40 or below. For rock crawling keep in mind the Rivian like the common Jeep conversions you can find videos of on the internet is going to have an independent motor per wheel.

>flooring your shit at every green light.
EVs also do this extremely well thanks to the instant torque.

>towing
EVs can do this too, but as with a gas car it hurts efficiency, which is more of an issue because of the relative small size of the batteries compared to a tank of gas.

>https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a25933730/ford-f-150-electric-pickup-truck-confirmed/
Yeah, I remember that news. Just also remember at the time people got excited about some obvious electric F-150s seen driving around which turned out to be Rivians test program.
Nobody has caught any kind of glimpse of the promised Ford electrics yet.
>>
>>20684949
>I forgot to plug in last night for instance and it meant I started my day with a 72% charge instead of the usual 80%
jesus christ your car charges 8% over a whole night? what the fuck
>tfw i can go and drive 1000-1500km on a single tank
>>
>>20687097
You should avoid charging to 100% unless you need it. 80% is the safe number for most power to least degredation of the battery. Tesla's>>20681718
allow 100% charge for long trips.
>>
>>20687171
good thing i can fill my cars gas tank to 100% without ruining the engine :^)
>>
>>20681718
>>>/lgbt/

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.