[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>Be me
>Somewhat of a car guy
>Dad is in the market for a car
>He's having a midlife crisis
>Dad asks me for buying advice
>Give him a list of cars a lot of older ones that would be fine and his type
>Try to sell him a Miata because I know he would like the way it drives
>"Anon those cars are so old" "Anon they haven't held there value they have to be bad"
>"What about a 2018 Caddy or Lincoln"
It wouldn't be so bad if he could afford one of those cars. Its compounded by the fact that in a years time he will be bored of what hes driving. What do I do just let him make a purchase he can't afford? He doesn't want anything pre 2015. Anything you guys thing a man having a midlife crisis would like that wouldn't break the bank.
>>
>>20389615
Nice blog post tripfag

Let your dad buy what he wants
>>
Chevrolet SS?
>>
What is his budget retard
>>
>>20389639
Its not bad but out of his price range his limit is 10 grand but he won't admit it.
>>
>>20389665
How do you know that?

At any rate, he doesn't want a car that he has to make payments on?
>>
>>20389677
He doesn't want payments and thats how much he saved up
>>
>>20389615
Just save everyone and put him in a home.
>>
>>20389690
Get him a used stang
>>
>>20389708
used corvette*
>>
>wojak meme
>tripcode
>funnyjunk filename
>trying to push miatas on people

kys

i would try to tell you something about miatas but youll shove that information up your ass and not follow it like EVERY other shitty poster here
>>
>>20389690
Damn bro, I think you should just forget about helping him with car. Important thing is look at his life.
>towards end of his life
>only can afford 10k fun car
Let him do his thing and you should go back to work/school, whatever it takes to not be failure like ur pops. Good luck
>>
I was gonna say an IS-F but his budget is too low. C5 Vette really is the best option at that price point, maybe an older CTS-V but I'm not sure how much you can get those for.
>>
>>20389696
Hes only 56 but the years haven't been kind
>>20389752
I understand that mechanically they are shit but it would be fun to own
>>20389759
Don't worry I will anon. Its just frustrating to see. He wants a car that can make him feel young again and he doesn't need a new car to do that but he just won't listen. I feel like he wants the car for social status.
>>
I was intrigued in the beginning but the more of the thread that I read, the more depressing it becomes.
>>
>>20389788
>the years haven't been kind
Yet you're recommending a car that's inches off the ground? Real smart guy, no wonder he wants something comfy you idiot.
>>
Lmao why the fuck trying to force a fucking miata on your old ass dad?
>>
>>20389858
He's a manlet he can't climb into a car he likes lower cars.
>>20389826
Whats so depressing
>>20390101
Because its a cheap/fun car that fits his driving style. He has mentioned liking them in the past

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.