[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 678358866.jpg (53 KB, 800x462)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Car tech/trends you don't understand
Ill start off with puddle lights, beyond useless
>>
>>20387890
>those rare occasions you parked near a giant pile on dinosaur shit

I suggest we also discuss useful shit in new cars.
>>
>1.5 inch exhaust
>5 inch tip
And
>inline 4
>twin exhaust
Who do they think they're fooling?
>>
What if theres a puddle there..
>>
As the op is sleep, i'll start.

>cruise control
Never thought i'll use it, ever, since MUH DRIVING and it should be not a economical.
Thuth is - once obtained - i tri to use it anywhere and anytime if the roads a clear~ish. I just set 1 kph lower than a speedlimit and concentrate on steering, getting best city driving experience. Fucking love it.

>heated steering wheel
Never thought about it, previous car had gloves in the door bin i used in winter or when checking fluids. Now gloves aren't in use, silky steering faux leather when heated - is much alike human skin, i thing if i'd ever thought about the car as a gurl - i'd fap to that sensation.
>>
>>20387913
Exhaust mismatch bugs me a lot. I get the twin tip, but outright dual exits is just blatant lies.
>>
File: 1467583610061.jpg (14 KB, 238x192)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>20387917
What then? Now that you know about it are you going to float over it or do a nosedive into your car?
>>
>fog lights used as corner lights
Suprisingly useful showing stupid pedestrians where am i heading, seems like people cant understand blinkers enough.
>>
>>20387926
I wont step in it and my shoe wont get wet
>>
>sunroofs

Now this i cant understand. The ceiling is lower, if there's the sun - it burns, if it's cold - no use either.
Cant think this is a somehow useful device if the car has at least aircon.
>>
>>20387941
But how did you get there, couldn't you see there's a puddle when you parked?
>>
>>20387918
Yeah I used to hate the idea of it buts it pretty great actually. But come on. You set it 3 over plebian. You're not speeding because of the x% high reading speedos give
>>
>>20387950
There has never been a set of circumstances imaginable in the entirety of human existence that could possibly prevent a puddle from being seen
>>
>>20387941
So you're going to walk home?
>>
>>20387890
My dad drives the new SClass and he's not having a good vision(he's 70 now) but puddle lights help him at night.
>>
File: 1465380635971.jpg (30 KB, 521x600)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>20387918
I'll agree with CC especially when it comes to keeping to speed limits

Heated steering wheel still sounds retarded to me desu. Also who unironically uses driving gloves, c'mon man
>>
>>20387980
No, id just park somewhere else or step over the puddle.. life must be difficult for you
>>
>>20387944
they're nice and comfy
>>20387890
puddle lights are nice when you're going to your car in the dark, whether it's in a garage full of crap all around or just outside, you can see everything around the car, what's not nice about a little extra illumination?
>i dont understand light
>>20387918
>heaters in a car
>Never thought about it, i've always had clothes and i can just wear those, isn't that what clothes are for?
>>
>>20387955
> x% high reading speedos give
B-but what if i have a digital gauge for speed?
>>
Manual transmission, it's like people want to go slow.
>>
ITT: stupid boomers don't understand technology
>>
>>20388078
Wow, ssems like you really have anykind of useful discussion here.
>>
>>20388039
mate, speedos always show a higher speed than the speed you are driving. if they would show 50 but you are actually driving 55 and get a ticket, the manufacturer would be responsible.
>>
>>20388200
No they don't. Anyone could easily figure this out by checking with a gps app on their phone. Have you never driven by one of those signs that tells you your speed?
>>
File: IMG_0993.jpg (816 KB, 3263x2447)
816 KB
816 KB JPG
Low profile tires are by far the dumbest trend in modern cars.
>>
>>20388290
How can you even hit a curb?
>>
>>20388290
Sidewall profile doesn't stop your retarded ass from rubbing curbs. You can't drive and you don't even know what terms mean.
>>
>>20387970
WHat if you parked in the evening when the spots dry, then in the 2 hours you're inside it rains and you find your cars in a shadow? Have you never stepped in a puddle?
>>
>rear view cameras on regular cars
i guess the only reason for them is to compensate for the
>tiny back windows
>>
>>20388850
>i guess the only reason for them
Probably has something to do with that federal mandate
>>
File: 1546722719987.jpg (183 KB, 1536x1536)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>20387944
You live on the surface of the moon or something?
>>20387984
>Heated steering wheel still sounds retarded to me desu.
You usually find those in cars relying heavily on touchscreen technology. I'm sure you can figure out the rest.
>>20388850
>i guess the only reason for them is to compensate for the tiny window
You're exactly right. Became mandatory as NHTSA found that in the vast majority of you cars you couldn't see a small kid even slightly who's standing behind the car. Especially those young enough not to understand the risks of doing such a thing.
>>
Late 2000's and newer GM cars and their reverse lights as puddle lights
>>
>>20388210
This anon is right, I've actually done that. The only times you really have to worry about speedo showing wrong speed is if you get taller tires.
>>
>>20388922

fucking this, youre at Wal-Mart or the mall thinking some soccermom is ready to back up into you and its just those lights
>>
>>20387919
Dual exhaust works OK if the muffler is longitudinal. Its a common thing to see on aftermarket Miata mufflers.
>>
>>20387944
It's nice. Makes the car feel bigger than it is. I never actually open it because the wind noise is too annoying but just having the sunlight shining in from above gives a nice feeling.
>>
>>20388966
Any time i use my sunroof for more than 10 minutes, i get a burn.

I can stay outside on a sunny day for hours on end without issue, but for some reason a sunroof just gives me a burn.

>probably because driving south on a highway with the sun right at the perfect angle to burn my face for 60 minutes straight.
>>
>>20388964
It's still unnecessary. If 1 pipe goes into the muffler then you don't need 2 coming out. My car was that way and I actually converted it back to single exit. Of course now I have a big hole on the other side of the bumper but oh well
>>
>>20387944
They're nice in good weather, GREAT for smoking on the highway, literally sucks the smoke out of the car.

I'd never have one on a vehicle I owned tho, they always develop leaks/get stuck in one position.
>>
Not sure why the hate on heated steering wheels... When its -30 outside it feel good man.

Most other stuff is mainly aesthetics
>>
File: C088T.jpg (139 KB, 550x348)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>20388921

>You're exactly right. Became mandatory as NHTSA found that in the vast majority of you cars you couldn't see a small kid even slightly who's standing behind the car.

That is the case for anything larger than a car. My son is tall for a 5 year old and you couldn't see him behind a 1996 Toyota liteace.

Though the light ace had the old style anologue back up assist similar to pic related.
>>
>>20387890
LED brake and tail lights but incandescent turn signal lights. Why not make them all LED. These aren't cheap cars either.
>>
>>20389604
>LED brake and tail lights
I fucking hate LED taillights, they blind me with the light of a thousand suns at night.
>>
>>20389604
Putting in LED turn signals requires basic wiring skill (to do it right), which is too scary for most people who are interested in LED retrofits. The LED bulbs draw much less power than incandescents, so they flash fast like when a bulb is out unless you put in inline resistors/some kind of anti-hyperflash kit to make them flash the right speed.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1.53 MB, 900x600)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB GIF
Pic related is complete autism to drive behind. It's cool for one sec before it starts distracting you.

ALSO

Has anyone notice some newer cars quickly flash their brake lights three times Everytime the drive hits the brake? Complete fucking autism. I like how Audi does it where if you SLAM on your breaks it will arrive the brake light but otherwise it's just a normal brake light.
>>
>>20389641
I'm talking about cars coming from the factory like this.
>>
>>20389681
Ah. There's no excuse for that besides penny pinchers.
>>
>>20389604
LEDs wear out fast? Idk, the stuff I've seen on the road is el cheapo, new cars that should not be going out yet acting as mobile strobe lights. VAGshit-KIAshit, it don't matter, the driving electronics of the LED clusters go out and the entire cluster flashes like a portable death ray against epileptics.

>>20387918
I understood the need for CC after my beater finally started falling apart in places I couldn't fix. Mostly because after EU gave everyone who scrapped their old car in 2009 a bonus on a new car, I can't find a replacement parts that are more specialized or bigger than a standard thermostat or power window motor, but I digress. I moved on to a new car with power steering, electronic throttle, heated windshield, puddle lights in the doors - all the stuff that's so standard today, even Lada installs it.

Now, the pedals require so little travel and are so ridiculously overdamped, there's no point in trying to fine-control your inputs, and after you've dumped your clutch (because the car does everything for you and trying to slip it like an old manual causes it to bounce), you can pretty much keep your feet locked in one position, which makes your knees hurt real fast.

So I'd say CC became a necessity after cars received "comfier" pedals. Also, every car is geared slower today than 20 years ago, even though power output has increased (on paper)
>>
>>20388304
Not every place is like Austria, fren
>>
>>20389678
I put a repeater on my third brake light. It's cool.
>>
>>20388973
That's a shame for you.

I make sure every car I ever own has a sunroof. Panoramic is absolute patrician. Nothing, and I mean absolutely NOTHING beats a hot summer night cruise with loud tunes and full open windows and sunroof.
>>
>>20387913
Twin exhaust allows you to be quieter. I guess some people think it looks "sportier" though
>>
>>20389786
The construction of the muffler has way more to do with noise than the number of tips. There's single tip cars that are quieter than dual or even quad tip exhausts.
>>
>>20389799
Oops, I thought you guys were talking about twin cans
>>
File: 1521360552520.jpg (184 KB, 790x791)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
Pneumatic hood supports, how are these any better than just a metal bar?

also electric seat controls, slower and heavier than just using your hands. If you have a coupe moving the front seats to access the back takes fucking forever.
>>
>>20389843
>how are these any better than just a metal bar
Cause they're fucking awesome?
Open and close the hood very easily. No awkward bar getting in the way if you're doing stuff. How is this even a question?
>>
File: manual-transmission.jpg (174 KB, 1920x1200)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
Yo, what the FUCK is this steampunk emo tumblr bullshit?
>>
>>20389852
you can just have a shorter bar mounted closer to the hinge if you want it out of the way

and lol making it easier to open/close - not worth the struts eventually needing regassing or replacement when it breaks
>>
>>20389843
>Pneumatic hood supports not better than a metal bar
Come on now, those things are peak comfy. Also, having twin sturdy supports lifting a heavier hood is great when the air is not absolutely calm (which is, like, all the time)
>>
>>20389860
I replaced the ones on my Lada after 18 years of faithful service.
>>
>>20387919
Aesthetically I can understand that people want symmetry, in addition to visually more exhausts = more power.
>>
File: 1523790356041.jpg (81 KB, 1024x683)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
leather anything - more high maintenance, less breathable, more expensive. Only people that get it are fags that obsessed with muh luxury aesthetic

cloth masterrace
>>
>>20389879
>t. poorfag
Get a better car.
>>
>>20389853
I agree. Gated shifters are gay as fuck and totally overrated.
>>
>>20389879
My heated and cooled seats disagree
>>
>>20389879
>>20389925
I don't really get the idea behind having leather under your balls and ass. Ever heard of jeep disease? I'm glad modern medicine advanced to the point i didn't have to stand in buses to get to work and sleep fixated against rolling out of prone position
>>
handbrake buttons
ok i get how electronic ones are are an improvement. Why cant i have that on a fucking lever?
>>
>>20389763
People like you should be shot without trial
>>
>>20389935
My heated cloth seats disagree
>>
>>20389945

Ever heard of swamp ass? No longer an issue thanks to perforated/ventilated leather seats. in the summer time it is absolute kino.
>>
>>20390151
We won't though. All you can do is look at my sweet flashing light.
>>
>>20389843
>>20389852
>>20389862
The metal bar and pneumatics are both shit compared to springs. Springs are reliable easy to fix, cheap, comfy and you can open the hood much wider.
>>
>>20390214
We still get to key your car lol
>>
>>20390713
Yeah
You won't though
>>
>>20390167
you cant wipe cum off a cloth seat
>>
>>20387926
You cabbage, you repark elsewhere.

Brainlet frogposters.
>>
>>20390792
Put an old blanket down first you animal
>>
>>20390709
Lol if you let your car degrade to the point where the hood rusts shut, then it probably has other more serious problems.
>>
>>20389763
No. No it's not cool. It's an annoying fad worse than neon light circa the need for speed underground era. I can't wait for it to die. Down side is, one dumb fad dies, another pops up
>>
>>20389678
its to get the attention of anyone speeding on the highway that isnt paying attention. Honestly a good feature
>>
>>20389678
>some newer cars quickly flash their brake lights three times Everytime the drive hits the brake

All of our cities emergency vehicles.
>>
>>20389681
al my lights are led except front turn signals and marker lights. Pisses me off something fierce
>>
>>20390970
Underglow is also cool so thanks for the compliment. I've actually been contemplating that as well. Right now I'm working on putting Halos on these projector retrofits but that'll probably be the next thing
>>
>>20389860
or you can just have pneumatic bars, which are faster, comfier and better
>>
>>20390824
>he has to carry an old smelly cum stained blanket in his poormobile
lmao
>>
>>20387890
Muhhh big wheels.
>>
>>20388290
Low profile originally meant any tyre with a sidewall smaller than the standard 80%. Wheels look better than tyres. Get over it
>>
>>20387918
I use CC on highways that are straight and don't have much traffic. it's ever so slightly more fatiguing to not use it, plus it stops me from speeding
>>
>>20387944
It's so your passenger can turn out of your car like Rommel and throw things at people
>>
>>20388290
You can fit a bigger wheel and therefore bigger brakes in the same space if you have a thinner tire
>>
>>20392551
>>20392866

that buyers remorse
>>
File: Outback 2002.jpg (42 KB, 600x450)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>20392986
Think again boyo
>>
>>20389604
Turn signals aren't on for a long time like tail lights. And with LED bulbs you'll lose the fade in and fade off effect
>>
>>20392541
>carry
No, it goes in the wash when I'm done and back in my closet, because I don't live with my mom and don't have to go somewhere else and have sex in my car to get my dick wet.
>>
>>20393322
>driving outside with some grill
>suddenly she wants the sex
>reach into the closet in your house with your 10 mile long arms and grab a blanked to put on the seats
>>
>>20390694

Funny story about spring hoods, I had a 72 baja bug where the previous owner had swapped the front steel "hood" for a fiberglass one. First time I opened it up by myself in my garage, THWAK! Knocked the shit out of myself, and knocked my hat off. Fucking herbie motherfucker.
>>
>>20393360
I don't have some grill, I have a girlfriend of 8 years that prefers it inside on a bed. The few times we did it my car she asked for it beforehand and brought said blanket with us. That said, I do have a (clean) emergency blanket in my trunk that we could use if we HAD to, but the old one in my closet is comfier.
>>
>>20387944
try driving a car with a big comfy panoramic sunroof, it really opens up the car and brings a lot of natural light into the cabin. the glass is heavily tinted so nobody is getting sunburn from them and if you dont like it just close the sun shade. i keep mine closed during the winter months as all that glass brings in a lot of cold on dark and dreary days.
>>
File: E91_5.jpg (161 KB, 800x600)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>20393492
>tfw my car has a panoramic sunroof where i can open the big front portion completely, or tilt it and they both open up
>>
>>20387890
Happened to me last week.
>job rent underground parking
>hobos break in during winter, get drunked/drugged and almost die all the time
>one morning have to go all the way down to the lowest level because full
>get out
>go to back door
>step in hobo poo
>fuuuuuuuuu

Maybe thats why?
>>
>>20387890
>puddle lights, beyond useless
They are highly useful here due to frequent light rains during the rainy season (winter and spring). That's because the homeless frequently piss and poop in the parking lots. Apparently, ducking down between cars is enough privacy. The poop and piss can dry and become dried flakes of dust coating the parking lot. When a light rain occurs, that reactivates the stuff and you can track that into your car for an obnoxious germy stink.
>>
>>20393541
>activated hobo poop
fucking maximum lel
>>
>backup cameras
>birdseye cameras
>collision sensors
>dash infotainment
>kick e brakes
>non-mechanical T-Case control
>forced park when doors are open
>push button drive selection
>fake exhaust noise
>led headlights (HIDs are superior and actually have a functional high beam)
>electronically controlled exhaust baffling

Just off the top of my head. Most of my complaints are against technology that makes driver's lazier and less observant. I put my life at risk every day driving around with more and more retards that expect their car to warn them about me in an adjacent lane instead of checking their goddamn mirrors. Infotainment is just a fucking distraction, although I am not opposed to touch screens and shit for kids in back seats. Electronic T-Cases are literally retarded and present a huge issue if the module fails while off road. I don't have an issue with electronic parking brakes, but the kick pedal ones are dangerous and I hate that my cars both have one. The baffles and faux exhaust note are just gay. Push button gear selection is retarded. Forced park is just an annoyance.
>>
>>20387890
Uh uh uh! The street glow with the badge in it when you open the door! I have a respect for the early 2000s era of modding even street glow, but this shit from factory with the badge in it is just trying too hard to be elite and shit. Like a drug dealer trying to flex with his leased benz believing he's a russian mafia member or some shit. You can make your dog shit in front of it so the badge is projected onto the shit, for the meme!
>>
>>20387984
>driving gloves
when it's fucking cold out you want to wear a pair of gloves so your hands don't freeze off while your car is still warming up
>>
>>20393673
You sound like a bigger poorfag angry that he's stuck in a beat to shit 90s Civic
>>
File: g67.png (115 KB, 238x304)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>20393928
Do you also have an additional heater for your vagina?
>>
>>20393492
You also get HEAD CRUSH MAXIMUM if you ever roll
>>
>>20389780
Why don't you just buy a convertible then, faggot?
Don't want to out yourself?

I'll just enjoy having no leaks and no rust
>>
>>20394353
I don't think I've ever had a car with a sunroof leak or rust on me, not even my $400 shitbox special ES300 with like 400k miles on the clock
>>
>>20388210
Re: Europe Speedos

All tacho speedos show about 7-10kmh faster than travelling. As confirmed by onboard OBD2 and police.

Its so you dont get such big fines, its a good thing.
>>
>>20388578
Then the door would be closed and you would have stepped in the puddle before your puddle lamp had the chance to illuminate said puddle and prevent you from stepping in it..

Your point is not valid. Please try again
>>
>>20388922
It's good as fuck actually.
>>
>>20389636
Ahh it hurts my eyes wahhhhh mommy
>>
>>20393002
>nd with LED bulbs you'll lose the fade in and fade off effect
What?
>>
>>20394542
Incandescent bulbs fade on and off
>>
>>20394542
It'll be hard to catch on a camera, but incandescent bulbs don't light up 100% immediately like LEDs do. They take a fraction of a second to light up fully and turn off fully, unlike LEDs that light up and turn off nearly instantly. Next time you're out in traffic, pay close attention to the turn signals on cars and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>20394542
>>20394566
This video kinda shows it but it's more apparent in real life.
https://youtu.be/MpU6Pjcot0o
>>
>>20394315
not really, the structure of the car is pretty much the same as the poverty spec trims, just a sheet of glass instead of a sheet of aluminum.
>>
>>20394598
what if you roll onto something protruding out of the ground like a rock?
>>
>>20394598
Sunroofs are easier to break and can pop out. You can also have your head pop out of it in a rollover and then get headcrushed
>>
>>20394739
You're aware of seatbelts right anon?
>>
>>20394757
I am. I read a NHTSA report about some dude who wore a seatbelt and still got brain damage from his head sticking through the sunroof during a rollover.
>>
File: 1539897325212.jpg (68 KB, 960x480)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Infotainment

your phone does everything it does but better and its weight you would carry anyway
>>
>>20394783
>complains about infotainment and how phones are better
>posts infotainment that literally uses your phone
>>
>>20393903
I think this would be cool if it were completely DIY and unique, but because you can buy these off ebay for $2 it just comes off as tacky ricer trash
>>
File: 1463872900675.jpg (55 KB, 610x396)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>20394522
majority of GM owners have crossovers and other stupid vehicle, and they NEVER back in
i've waited behind way too many fucking cars expecting them to back out, only for all of their lights to turn off and reveal that there's nobody in the car
>>
File: -mazda6.jpg (919 KB, 3577x1789)
919 KB
919 KB JPG
Slab-sided wheel arches.
>>
>>20395037
Makes the cutout for drag radials easier... you know, in 30 years...
>>
>>20395119
>drag radials
What about "Pro Touring"?
>>
>>20387913
Its single from the header. Just twin from the muffler, allows more noise dissipation without compromising power.
>>
>>20395267
he's talking about pic related being on a 4 cylinder vehicle
>>
File: 1550095514935.jpg (3.97 MB, 3577x1789)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB JPG
>>20395152
sounds based...
like this?
>>
>>20395348
Fuck me. That's fantastic!
>>
>>20395357
devil is in the detail, so is time.
the thing i actually despise even more is the giant distance between the trunk/windowline and the upmost point of the fenderwell. I don't mind a wedge shape in a stratos, but cars shouldn't have all hte lines coming up to the rear and upsizing wheels and lowering aids my philosophy, cutting up quarter panels even more, but that's unrealistic in a lot of cars. But this ain't a modern problem. wheelwells on musclecars looked lost sometimes. Think Ken Block Mustang, but not that extreme.
>>
>>20387890
>Poor visibility.

I rented a Lincoln MKT and without its back up camera I would not be able to back out of a drive way safely. Without the blind spot warning system I could easily not see a bike. Its for safety I understand they want less glass and more pillar,but it makes it hard to drive without the tech.

>HID lights
>auto high beams

These are unsafe at night on certain roads. I've been blinded by these on corners on mountain roads and had actually lost control and to recover because someone pulled out there drive way and the high beams automatically came on. I have photo sensitivity due to years of working and living completely under artificial light (engine room on ship)
>>
>>20394936
>i've waited behind way too many fucking cars expecting them to back out
As owners approach the GM car, they press the button on the dongle to open the door. The GM car then makes itself easier to find by turning on the lights. Unfortunately, one of the rear lights turned on are the white "reverse" lights. So even though no one is in the car, some other passing cars might think it is reversing and stop to wait fruitlessly instead of pulling out of their own spot and moving on.
>>
File: 1473652148553.jpg (41 KB, 711x669)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>20395712
this fucking shit grinds my gears so much
now when i see GM cars with their reverse lights on, i go with the assumption that there's nobody in the car. If i see brake lights or the car physically moves, then i'll react accordingly of course
>>
>>20394471
Old Lada 110 is full digital and doesn't have this niggatry. It also has a mechanical throttle and steering wheel. It's why I love the car
>>
>>20394471
Maybe you should stop driving shitty cars? My Mazda3 uses GPS info to calibrate the speedo properly, so the speed is always right even when changing tire sizes
>>
>>20387890
Giant fucking tires. Cars are going 19" and up for sedans straight from the factory sometimes. Not all of us need a car to be filmed for rap videos
>>
>>20387890

Those are ambient lights for the feels.
>>
>>20397719
You are incorrect if you think your speedo doesnt display over your actual speed. Minimum 4% and usually more. This is mandated by law
>>20397619
Dunno about 2nd world but i would be surprised if this didnt apply here either
>>
>>20397719

It always displays over by design.

Car knows it's real speed, you can pull it over obd and it'll be gps tier precise but speed displayed on speedo will always be over.
>>
Fart cannon exhausts. They sound worse than stock and look like shit.
>>
>>20397779
I have one on mine, PO fitted, it sounds amazing when you open it up in a tunnel but yeah its too loud generally. Want a nice oval one to quiet it down but its about no.6 on the list atm. Looks goofy too
>>
>>20388290
if the tread is wide enough the side is not really shorter
>>20388316
maybe he hopes the tire sidewall should take the damage instead
>>20392866
main reason really
aside from "grounded to the ground"
maintenance issues aside most roads have improved since cars had 80 and 70 % sidewalls
60 % & used to be somewhat low in the 1990s
at least for ordinary cars
between 30 and 45 % was for super cars along with 17 and 18 inch wheels
>>
>>20394481
But you’re outside the car now. Its way easier to see AND your car lights up the street when its unlocked. It works dude, just let it go.
>>
>>20397760
My 2004 Megane is 100 accurate on 16 sumners but gets less accurate the faster I go on 17 winters
>>
File: 1543927711273.jpg (144 KB, 618x597)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>20395285
do u not c the 2 mufflurs?
>>
>>20388973
>>20389780
>tfw cab with a glass roof
Comfy af lads
>>
>>20394699
How about not doing that?
Are you also afraid to go outside because a Cessna might crash land on you?
>>
>>20387890
>infotainment crap
the screen is distracting and who the fuck thought putting radio controls on a touchscreen was a good idea?
>electronic parking brakes
what the hell was wrong with mechanical ones?
>electric power steering
that shit is numb. i get more feedback from an xbox controller. hydraulic steering was pretty good, why complicate it?
>>
>>20397956
>>>/n/1285282
>>
>>20397959
>radios in cars
music is distracting and who the fuck thought putting radios in cars was a good idea?
>parking brakes
what the hell is wrong with leaving it in gear?
>power steering
that shit is numb. i get more feedback from a television knob. powerless steering was pretty good, why complicate you?
>>
>>20387944
They're a lot of fun, mines got a sunroof the whole length of the roof and it's a great feeling to drive around in warm weather with all the windows down and roof open, without the drawbacks of a convertible in the winter
>>
>>20397968
>music is distracting
no more than having to take your eyes of the road to see what you are doing with no tactile feedback
>what the hell is wrong with leaving it in gear?
why not both?
>powerless steering was pretty good
on a light car, rack and pinion steering is great
>>
File: 2016-cadillac-ct6-014.jpg (2.66 MB, 3000x1537)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
>>20395440
I'm with you. A lot of modern cars have a very ... flanky? ... appearance from the B-pillar back. They also seem disproportionately tall.

Pic related looks like it could be a wee bit shorter and really have elegant proportions.
>>
>>20397968
Based 1950s poster.
>>
>>20387890
>Fake exhaust tips.
>Non-functional air ducts that are blanked off with cheap plastic.
>>
>>20398175
Oh yeah I hate those exhaust intakes
>>
>>20398214
I can stand up to 9 exhaust intakes, but once you hit 10, it's just too much exhaust to intake.
>>
>>20393967
>not wanting controls taken away from you
>poorfag
Fuck that I'll take the shitty civic
>>
New cars would probably shave a couple hundred pounds if they didnt have all that extra garbage in them.

Fake hood/side scoops, fake exhaust holes in the bumper, plastic engine cover, trunk sound deadening in sedans, etc
>>
>>20398624
>new cars would save weight if they didn't have holes in the bumper
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (28 KB, 300x296)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>20398637
you're telling me this is lighter than a thin flat piece of plastic?
>>
>>20390179
but micromodal undies and you’re never gonna have swampass again
>>
>>20398624
hey do you still have your beige maxima?
>>
>>20398661
yes
>>
>>20398672
long gone, i miss it
>>
>>20398685
Damn. Still have the white '00 SE 5 speed my dad bought new. Say what you want about Nissan, especially the steaming CVT garbage they've shat out since, but that's been a damn good car to us. It's unfortunately for sale (we've moved on to better cars), and I'd rather it go to someone who knows what it is. Rust free being in Texas, no accidents, and it was always serviced at the Nissan dealer he worked at with a bunch of stuff warrantied out just because he could get away with it.
>>
File: panamera tail.gif (3.06 MB, 800x451)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB GIF
>>20387890
pop out wings
the drag doesnt matter
>>
>>20393517
>Happened to me last week.
It's more like once every four days for me. I don't step in it deliberately. What happens is it rains frequently. The rain isn't hard or goes on for a long time, so it's just enough to melt down the poop and spread it all across the parking lot in the pools of water. It's impossible to not step on the wet parking lot on the way to the car.

It's no wonder a lot of west coast USA cities from as far south as San Diego to as far north as Seattle are using sanitizing bleach sprays on sidewalks and parking lots in certain parts of their cities. It sucks if your car is parked where any bleach spray hits it though. Hope their clear coat holds up and doesn't start peeling in a few years.
>>
>>20398719
how much are you looking to get for it?
>>
>>20400702
Was hoping for about $2k
>>
File: v33v3.gif (784 KB, 500x281)
784 KB
784 KB GIF
>>20389678

I think they are actually quite functional and grab dumb ass phone drivers attention
>>
>>20400865
i would like to mod my 3rd brake light to flash like the newer vehicles
it is a bit annoying, but really grabs your attention especially when the moron brakes when approaching a green light
>>
Alcantara in high traffic areas like on steering wheels and shift knobs.. what the literal fuck

piano gloss black plastic trim

view obstructing tablet-like interfaces stocking out of dash
>>
>>20392551
>>20392866
yeah but the less meat on a tire the less comfort and quicker wear

the only people who get low profile tires are fags into stancing and people who want bigger brakes without fucking with the fenders
>>
>>20400321
>living on the west coast
>ever

enjoy your hobos and aids you stupid nigger
>>
File: 1517631186826.jpg (19 KB, 499x470)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>20387918
>consistently have CC set to 5-10 over on highways
>>
>>20404606
less side wall =/= more tread.
If 2 tires have the same overall height, they'll have comparable amounts of tread
>>
>>20387918
>>20392730
I can't use Cruise Control because it is mostly unusable on the highway I take home.
Southern state parkway. Its a twisty hilly parkway with consistent traffic. And it sucks when sitting at 55mph and people are passing you going 70 and then some guy is in front of you going ~50mph breaking on all the curves. Its only 25 miles so its not that bad.

One thing I don't like currently about cars and car culture. LED lights everywhere. Espcially headlights. I get blinded every time a new car is behind me. Or worse an SUV whose lights are at my eye level, literally lighting up my entire cabin. Not to mention truckers with freaking light bars
>>
>>20404799
>freaking light bars
Everything about brodozers is bad.
>>
>>20404621
What a baby. I set my cruise at 80mph at minimum on long freeways.
>>
Fake vents
>>
>>20404799
so go 70
>>
File: birDIE.jpg (23 KB, 295x378)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>20404799
>sitting at 55 MPH on the Southern State
>>
>>20389879
leather is peak comfy

you're just a poor retard. hope that clears things up
>>
File: 1388675933581.jpg (68 KB, 596x466)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>20387944
>The ceiling is lower
wrong
>if there's the sun - it burns,
all sunroofs are factory tinted
>if it's cold - no use either.
all sunroofs come with sliding cover that can close to help keep heat in

where have you been for the last 30 years?
>>
File: 1547646369955.jpg (59 KB, 640x793)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>20390694
The pneumatic struts on most cars are literally 1 bolt. If you have a wrench and an IQ above room temp you can do it
>>
>>20405424
>IQ above room temp
underrated, I'm stealing this
>>
>>20405440
how can his post be underrated when you were the very next person to reply
>>
>>20405420
hop into a car with a sunroof, and hop into the same model without a sunroof. Where do you think they put the motor?
There's ALWAYS less headroom in a car equipped with a sun/moon roof.
>>
>>20399758
get a rwd go on the autobahn (170mhp) and see for yourself
for FWD it is different thinig yes but....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knsR7hcSjyk

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.