[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Now that we’ve had proper time to digest Forza Horizon 4, which one was the best Forza Horizon dudes?
>>
>>20236557
First one
>>
>made the same thread on /o/ and /v/
one thread wasn't enough huh bitch?
>>
Pretty annoyed at the weather system. I don't like jumping around seasons. If it's winter, make all the races winter. Rush races are boring. Drive straight don't hit anything. Why can't I select what class to race in? I don't think I've ever had a B class race. All A S1 and S2. I have one S2 car, and no desire to drive it.
>>
>>20236573
Different opinions lad. It’s not like both will last very long.
>>
>>20236557
>Can't select race class
>Can't select weather
>Can't select race type
>FREEROAM RUSH
>>
>>20236563
/thread
>>
>>20236806
You can back out of unranked adventure without quitting now. Just polishing a turd really though . . .
>>
>>20236806
Fuck free roam rush.
>>
>>20236806
>>20236582
I don't mind the different weather so much, but yeah the online just keeps getting worse for no reason in every edition. Not really their fault but I miss toyota too.

At the very least, I'd like to choose the class. Freeroam rush is retarded too.
>>
Do you guys actually care about the multiplayer races? They’re trash and full of ramming kiddies and brazillian laggers anyway. FH4 is a great sandbox came for just messing around with different cars, painting them, tuning them. Every single multiplayer experience I had was shitty, and freeroam rush is just so retarded I can’t even take it seriously
>>
>>20236883
Its good when you have a good lobby that isn't full of people ramming into you, I don't take it too seriously though.
>>
>>20236883
Yeah I agree here.
I'm a 25 year old boomer never owned a console but bought one for a laugh in the boxing day sales.
I got my money's worth doing madman engineswaps and making a few liveries. For what it is it's a great game. Just wish Lexus and Toyota were still on it and the map was a bit bigger or at least had somewhere with long highways/autobahn.
>>
>>20236883
The playground games are fun but the racing is terrible. The AI is so much more competent and fun to race.
>>
>Foxbody has a Chevy V8, Mopar V10, and Lambo V12 as swap options
>no Coyote or 4G63
Fucking PG
>>
>>20236557
The first one. Mostly because it had the best music, but the map and the diversity in races were both good. All the other games just sort of fell apart in one aspect or another.
>>
I can't believe there have been 4 of these games already
>>
FH3. I loved the Australian off roading. Doing S1 class races in a Wagoneer. Couldn't turn for shit, but it would walk on anything else in the straights. Add the weight, and I could ram anything out of the way. Got a lot of laughs when I passed people.
>>
>no time trials
it's shit
>>
For me the second game. Loved the soundtrack to it.
>>
>>20237010
Except Rivals are a major component of the game?
>>
All Horizon games BTFO to the true king, Burnout
>>
3, and here's why;

It's on pc, unlike it's predecessors
It has Toyota cars, unlike 4
It has less of a reliance on microtransactions, unlike 4
>>
>>20236557
I want an open world game like horizon with the physics of motorsport

AWD is what really kills horizon for me. Its just too OP. Motorsport you can actually be competitive with FWD or RWD, horizon not so much.
>>
2 > 3 >>> 1 >>>>>> 4
>>
>>20236557
H2 was the best. 3 an 4 are just copy pastes.
>>
i’m really sad there’s no hachiroku or evos in 4. like really sad, other than that and the rarity of paved races compared to off-road it’s a pretty fantastic game.
>>
I just got 4 around xmas so im still enjoying it and enjoying cars. Just scored the bently 8 last night in an auction for 166k. Was watching it during the ending soon and a guy put a bid in and I out bid him. it ended. Took it out for a spin and than went to bed.

So im enjoying it but I can tell it's lacking things I remember enjoying alot in 1-2. Music isnt as good so I leave it on the classical radio if I have in game music on.
It also droped some kickass stuff from fh3. Really dislike some of the cars that didnt make it over.
A plus to me is im enjoying the crap outta the peel p50. Got the trans swapped out for the best one and tuned the car out. It's destroying D class with no engine upgrades. tons of fun to drive atm.

overall im happy with it but I know the game could be alot better. also disapointed in treasure island. was expecting alot more. still fun to tear around in
>>
Once you start going 200+ mph you start running into loading issues that's force you to stop.
>>
>>20237313
This but swap 3 and 1
>>
>>20236557
I had the most fun in 3
>>
>>20236989
6 years
>>
>OLD GAME GOOD, NEW GAME BAD!
Go back to your containment board, niggers.
>>
>>20238146
kek getting mad people are enjoying the current game. Stay salted jackass some of us can enjoy games even if it's not the best in the series.
cry moar baby
>>
>>20236894
Yeah but that’s a rarity

>>20236899
Agreed man, the fact that you can make some outrageous cars and do whatever you want with them makes the game worth it. What I’m bummed about is no Mitsubishi evo, although it would be fun to mess around with a supra or an ISF

>>20236901
Exactly, racing on expert or above actually feels much more like what racing should be than the stupid multiplayer. The only thing that irks me is the AI is always on rails never losing traction even if the road is covered in water/snow
>>
I've enjoyed Horizon 3 the most so far, but I've also never played 2. 4 has some of my favorite cars added but it still feels like a much slimmer collection than they could've had and it's STILL a ridiculously buggy game. Also fuck "Horizon Live" or whatever the hell it's called that's a five-alarm dumpster fire
>>
>>20236557
FH4 is perfect, I haven't enjoyed Forza this much since FH1 came out
>>
>>20236563
FH1 was so fucking boring though

>no rally
>no cross country
>no engine/drivetrain swaps
>no fine tuning
>literally no replay value

it's only redeeming factor was the canyon roads
>>
Horizon 4 could have been the best if it wasnt for the car selection, I don't want the thirty goddamned shitbox ferraris
>>
Horizon 1 had the best feel. This is not debatable.
>That opening scene
>>
>>20238581
>Forza Horizon 1
>no rally
what?
>>
>>20236557
Why the hell hasn't any game company made a game like Horizon but with realistic physics? Or at least semi realistic like Forza motorsport? I just cant have any fun in horizon unless I'm driving the fastest cars. In motorsport and of course Assetto even slower than shit cars are fun.
>>
>>20238788
The intro to Horizon 1 was kino.
>>
>>20238581
Pretty sure that there were engine swaps in 1 and they even listed the car it was lifted from
>>
>>20239121
This
also why hasn’t any company made a NFS type game with realistic physics?
I want to modify shitboxes and get into police chases
>>
>>20236557
>best music
>best setting
>best festival cause events actually had small festifal booths instead of floaty markers
>best map cause you had multible touges and a wangan even if wangan was wayyyyy too straight
>nice shitbox selection
>no tuning ruined it
havent played
>decent music
>okay map but no good mountain roads, decent round map highway tho
>allright car selection
>no toyota
>second best map
>seasons add a lot
>shit music
>improved tuning is nice
>>
>>20236557
1>3>power gap>2>4
europe a shit
>>
Horizon 3

>best music
>All the cars you wish you had you can buy in this game
>Aussieland amazing sights good races, no bullshit

>horizon 4
>shit music absolute trash horizon pulse station
>No toyota no Mitsubishi
>FUCKING SCORING 3 PIECES OF CLOTHING GARBAGE IN A SUPER SPIN
>FLOSS EMOTE
>DAB DAB DAB
>SHIT ONLINE PLAY SHITTER THAN EVER BEFORE

gee i dun kno
>>
>>20236557
Horizon 1 would have been the best if there was less restrictions on where you could drive like in 3.
>>
Does Horizon 1 stand up to this day? Tempted to pick it up for cheap at a retro game store near my uni. Could be comfy to play again.
>>
>>20236557
Haven't played 1st and 2nd FH but some thoughts on FH4
>Waaaay too much grip, you cant slide a stock C63s/M4 as easily as IRL even on snow/rain it has problem picking up 4/5th gear without use of handbrake.
>Shitty sounds all cars are too quiet and when you turn off that gay ass music and turn volume way up they still sound so shit and that fake-ass backfire doesn't help (Very few cars sound any decent such as 488/F12/720s)
>Multiplayer where you are forced to play as team
>Traveling between races counts as a race
>Fucking wallriding
>Map somewhat underwhelming not that many good roads with corners most of them are flat out
>>
I had more fun with 3.
>Skill points aren't doled out as often
>Skill trees apply to every car instead of just one
>Wheelspins are more meaningful
>No stupid weather "feature"
>Australia offers a more varied and interesting landscape than Britain
>Toyota
>Feels gud to be the boss of Horizon
>worked much better with OBS for streaming purposes
>great soundtrack
I can't speak on Horizon 1 or 2 because I'm a PC-only guy. 3 is way better than 4, though.

Also like some other anons said, I don't know why people even bother touching multiplayer. Save competitive racing for games that are actually built for it. Sandbox racers like Horizon are best enjoyed alone.
>>
>>20241643
>feels good to be the boss
This desu. It was a nice change of pace and gave a good excuse for the bucket list maker.
>>
>>20236899
>Lexus and Toyota
>long highways
just play FH3, it's got both those things
>>
>>20239380
I fucking hated the music from 3, 4’s music was a little better for me. Other points are valid though

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.