[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 20160828_121043.jpg (398 KB, 1753x986)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
>Black leather interior
Why do these people hate themselves?
>>
>>20234109
2 spots is a rude comment
4 spots is a slashed tire

>Why do these people hate themselves?

because people who get leather interiors are either Boomers or people whom haven't had a leather interior before
>>
>>20234109
>Hi I'm a poorfag and can't afford tint and too retarded to crack my windows.
>>
>>20234109
>Park behind him
>Put an entire row of shopping carts in front of him
>>
Ignoring the pic

Black leather was fine when I was in Ohio.
It is now hell in AZ
>>
>>20234109
navy blue leather interior reporting
>>
>>20234109
It'd never be my first choice, but I wouldn't turn a good used car down based on the fucking seat material.

Unless, I guess, it was some kind of luxobarge where having a nice interior is basically the whole point, but I'm not exactly about to buy a fucking Mercedes S Class, so meh.
>>
>having an interior
>>
>>20234109
My local mall's contract tow truck operator thanks you.
>>
Grand Rapids right?
>>
>>20234233
t. cloth seat wanker
>>
>>20234267
>>20236100
>hotter in summer, colder in winter, sticks to skin, makes weird creaky noises, less comfortable but more expensive

For what purpose? Unironically can you give me a reason why people actually want leather? I would pay extra for cloth. All I can think is that maybe it's easier to wipe up spilled ketchup if you're a fat greasy fuck who spills often?
>>
>>20236175
I’ve owned both and leather is by FAR (!!!) more comfortable. No comparison. Not talking 0.01 mm thick Mazda leather though, but actual leather. It has never stuck to my skin, ever.
It’s also more hygienic and doesn’t soak up pablos ass sweat. It’s also not even half bad in summer. Nobody is retarded enough to park in direct sunlight and if you do, cloth seats are just as hot.
The only downside is: it’s cold as fuck in winter until the seat heating kicks in (about 15 seconds).
You’ve clearly never owned a car with good leather seats. Why do you think people prefer leather couches to cloth ones?
Stop justifying your poverty-tier trim.
>>
>>20236199
>they're only uncomfortable in warm and cold weather and when you get into or out of the car, otherwise they're nearly as comfortable as cloth

Wow, enjoy those seats you got there, I'm really jealous.
>>
>>20236199
Basically this. A lot of people's experiences of """leather""" will be the crappy vinyl shit that gets marketed as leather in new cars. I've driven a few cars with shit leather seats - a W30 MR2 I used to own, most notably - and they're just that. However, I've also had a go with an X308 Jaguar Sovereign and, flawed though those cars are in many ways, fucking hell it was comfy.
>>
>>20236218
They are MORE comfortable. MORE is a word with a different meaning than NEARLY. And they are absolutely never uncomfortable.
So not only are you salty as fuck for driving a base model but you actually fail to comprehend simple posts.
You must be one hell of a guy mate
>>
>>20236233
Leather is far less comfortable in any temperature range outside including mild temperatures with sunlight. They're an inferior quality product. Have you ever been inside of a car? Seems like no.
>>
>>20236199
>Stop justifying your poverty-tier trim.
My shitbox is the top trim, with cloth seats and seat heaters, it's absolutely max comfy. It's never too hot in summer (which is basically year round here) and when it does get cold it's comfy as fuck. I've sat in the optional leather seats you could have gotten in the same trim and they're just not nearly as good.
>>
>>20234109
Black leather is cheaper because the dying process let's then hide all of the blemishes and defects.
>>
>>20234256
zip tie a shopping cart to each door handle, problem solved.
>>
>>20234109
cant have cooled seats without leather.

checkmate Muslims.
>>
>>20236532
>Leather is an inferior quality product to the cheapest fucking cloth you can find

Get the fuck out you coping retard
>>
>>20236560
What car do you drive? I promise I won’t hate on it and stay topic-focused.
>>
File: the silver one.jpg (2.36 MB, 4032x2383)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB JPG
>>20236614
Legacy GT
>>
>>20236616
I’ve actually never been inside one so can’t tell. But Mazda leather is utter shit.
With BMW, older Audi, Volvo, Jaguar etc the leather trim is far superior
>>
File: IMG_2196.jpg (1.74 MB, 3024x4032)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
I have 2 leather captains chairs and 2 3-across leather bench seats in my car, so by virtue of having the MOST leather of everyone here, my opinion is sacrosanct.

FACTS
>leather is comfy
>doesn't stain easily
>"more" durable in certain applications, but less so in others (the corner of my leather driver's seat is torn)
>cloth is better in temperature extremes
>seat heating & cooling are nice

FALSEHOODS
>cloth is "worse"
>cloth seats or leather seats "make" a car, or have literally any other implication other than expense and comfort

(please ignore the dirty carpet)
>>
File: 83.jpg (89 KB, 960x720)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
Also don't you fucking ignore the king of cloth seats: VELOUR
>>
File: IMG_20170407_123407~01.jpg (2.85 MB, 4048x2739)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB JPG
>>20236627
It's pretty comfy.
>>
>>20236607
If leather was so nice why arent you wearing any
>>
>>20236651
Agree
>>
>>20236756
Because it’s pretty hard to clean if you wear it daily?
>>
>>20234233
>2 spots is a rude comment
Implying anyone gives a fuck about some chicken scratch "mean words"
>4 spots is a slashed tire
Implying you have the balls to get anywhere near my tires
>>
>>20236844
I don't believe you've ever actually owned a leather product. It's not harder to keep clean it's easier. The reason people use it is it lasts for a long time and is easy to clean. It's easier to make look nice, but in all other ways it's inferior to comfy cloth. Cloth is warm in winter, cool in summer, and always feels soft and nice. Leather is an obnoxious and uncomfortable material for people too greasy and obese to keep their gristle from driping onto the seat.
>>
>>20237051
relax chump change, if you're on this board I seriously doubt you fuck up your parking as much as the average lukewarm temperature IQ impala driver
>>
>>20234109
>chevy impala, most popular car in the state of California, no one is gonna be looking at you
>>
>>20234109
>Black leather in the wip is essential
>>
>>20236199
>Nobody is retarded enough to park in direct sunlight and if you do, cloth seats are just as hot.

What the fuck am I reading?
>>
Leather in BMW, back sweat fuck that.
Next time i'm getting cloth, steam cleaning is only like $50 now.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.