[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

(CNN) — The US Air Force has updated its dress code policy to outline a clear approval process for Sikhs and Muslims who want to serve while wearing their articles of faith.

Under the new guidelines, which were finalized last week, Sikhs and Muslims can seek a religious accommodation to wear turbans, beards, unshorn hair and hijabs, and expect to be approved as long as their appearance is “neat and conservative,” except under extremely limited circumstances.

https://wsvn.com/news/us-world/air-force-updates-its-dress-code-policy-to-include-turbans-beards-and-hijabs/
>>
>>550531
Camo turbans. Neat.

Now I wonder how many Sikhs I'll see in BDU.
>>
>>550537
Indeed, I too was intrigued by that. I wonder what patterns they have available.

Cant wait for someone to have a problem with this, uneducated fucks need to look at the British empire during WW2 and take a look at all the black, Muslim and hindu troops fighting in full cultural battle dress along with webbing gear and Enfield rifles.
>>
>>550531
>S Air Force updates its dress code to include Turbans, beards & Hijabs

AKA YOUSUF WILL GOING TO DIE FIRST!!
>>
Tick tock to pink skirts.
>>
>>550556
Are you retarded or something? If you don’t know something don’t post about it. The Brits and French regularly used colonial, to include African (black), troops. Read some history.
>>
>>550531
>Hajis can wear turbans.
>Women can breastfeed in uniform.
>Blacks have an infinite supply of shaving waivers.
>But God help me if I get sunburned, have a haircut too long, or don't wear a cover outside.
Fuck the military.
>>
>>550614
You got kicked out anon? Patterns of misconduct?
>>
>>550615
Far from it. After six years I got out an E-5 with an honorable. What you got next?
>>
>>550621
Cool. And how many weeks pay we’re you actually docked for a sunburn and did you receive NJP for failing to wear a cover?
>>
>>550623
No and no, we don't use ninja punches. Where are you going with this?

I mean if you're going to try to argue with me that there isn't a double standard in the military this should be interesting.
>>
>>550625
>ninja punches
kek, so you do not know what you are talking about. Noted.
>>
>>550627
lol okay.

For those that don't know NJP is for Marines, a Non-Judicial Punishment - also known as a ninja punch. USAF doesn't have these. We have Letters of Counseling (LOC) and Letters of Reprimand (LOR).

I'm REALLY curious: Where are you going with any of this???
>>
>>550628
>chairforce
>thinks he was gonna get in trouble for not putting on a hat
lel
>>
>>550531
>Beard
hmm I feel like the safety agencies are gonna have an issue with this(gas masks etc)
>>
>>550556
Lol I think you're confusing the Colonial British and the Zulu tribals with WW2. Nice drunk-posting.
>>
>>550612
They used them as labourers or support troops. The British Empire as a rule did not arm black troops, with some exceptions (Kings African Rifles). Indian troops were regularly used but their uniforms were largely european with the exception of the head warps for sikhs.

Sorry to burst your multicultural bubble.

>>550697
No, the post is pretty clear. Again, sorry to shit on your parade.
>>
>>550698
>they didn't use colonial troops
>except when they did
>they didn't arm them
>except when they did
>they didn't wear elements of traditional dress or garb (turban, fez, regional hats or caps, etc.)
>except when they did
>multicultural bubble
Seething revisionist.
>>
>>550703
>they did
>he says citing zero examples and providing zero evidence
I cannot find any examples of British colonial forces wearing fez's in WW2, nor can i find any examples of armed black soldiers (commonwealth) with the exception of some west-african laborers who ended up having to defend themselves in Burma.

As I said, apart from Indians the british were not fond of arming brown people, if you want an imperial cock to suck its the french you are looking for. This. Is. Basic. Military. History.
>>
>>550748
Your research is bad and you should feel bad.

https://www.africansinyorkshireproject.com/uploads/9/5/9/9/9599153/published/lilian-ramsay-s-wedding-straightened.jpg?1486735720

This is Ramsay Bader. Ramsay Bader was a tank driver in the 147th (Essex Yeomanry) Field Regiment, RHA. As part of the 147th, Ramsay Bader participated in the D-Day invasion of Normandy, as well as actions in Belgium and Germany. He survived the war and died in 1992.

For more information, please read 'The Motherland Calls: Britain's Black Servicemen & Women, 1939-45', by Stephen Bourne, ISBN 0752465856
>>
>>550531
So we've officially forgotten 911 at this point?
>>
>>550698
>They used them as labourers or support troops
Incorrect
> Indian troops were regularly used but their uniforms were largely european with the exception of the head warps for sikhs
Correct, just like what we see in the OP’s post.
Sorry to burst your /pol/ack narrative.
>>
>>550821
Every allied nation that had enough of them for it to be useful used black troops.

Us used segregated regiments, such as the Tuskeegee Airmen.

England had integrated regiments (see >>550784 ) and hired Africans to protect their own lands.

France had the foreign legion and native French blacks on the front lines.

I'm sure even the Soviets did it, though I don't think slavland had that many of them.
>>
>>550822
Yeah, I agree with all that. I am unsure why retard boy is making such an obviously false historical argument.
>>
>>550836
You answered your own question. He's retarded.

Racist historical revisionism should qualify you for mental help, imo.
>>
Pretty sure the British let the Scotsmen wear their skirts in the World Wars
>>
>>550820
sikhs didn't do 9/11, cletus
>>
>>550698
>labourers or support troops
You may talk o’ gin and beer
When you’re quartered safe out ’ere,
An’ you’re sent to penny-fights an’ Aldershot it;
But when it comes to slaughter
You will do your work on water,
An’ you’ll lick the bloomin’ boots of ’im that’s got it.
Now in Injia’s sunny clime,
Where I used to spend my time
A-servin’ of ’Er Majesty the Queen,
Of all them blackfaced crew
The finest man I knew
Was our regimental bhisti, Gunga Din,
He was ‘Din! Din! Din!
‘You limpin’ lump o’ brick-dust, Gunga Din!
‘Hi! Slippy hitherao
‘Water, get it! Panee lao,
‘You squidgy-nosed old idol, Gunga Din.’

The uniform ’e wore
Was nothin’ much before,
An’ rather less than ’arf o’ that be’ind,
For a piece o’ twisty rag
An’ a goatskin water-bag
Was all the field-equipment ’e could find.
When the sweatin’ troop-train lay
In a sidin’ through the day,
Where the ’eat would make your bloomin’ eyebrows crawl,
We shouted ‘Harry By!’
Till our throats were bricky-dry,
Then we wopped ’im ’cause ’e couldn’t serve us all.
It was ‘Din! Din! Din!
‘You ’eathen, where the mischief ’ave you been?
‘You put some juldee in it
‘Or I’ll marrow you this minute
‘If you don’t fill up my helmet, Gunga Din!’
>>
’E would dot an’ carry one
Till the longest day was done;
An’ ’e didn’t seem to know the use o’ fear.
If we charged or broke or cut,
You could bet your bloomin’ nut,
’E’d be waitin’ fifty paces right flank rear.
With ’is mussick on ’is back,
’E would skip with our attack,
An’ watch us till the bugles made 'Retire,’
An’ for all ’is dirty ’ide
’E was white, clear white, inside
When ’e went to tend the wounded under fire!
It was ‘Din! Din! Din!’
With the bullets kickin’ dust-spots on the green.
When the cartridges ran out,
You could hear the front-ranks shout,
‘Hi! ammunition-mules an' Gunga Din!’

I shan’t forgit the night
When I dropped be’ind the fight
With a bullet where my belt-plate should ’a’ been.
I was chokin’ mad with thirst,
An’ the man that spied me first
Was our good old grinnin’, gruntin’ Gunga Din.
’E lifted up my ’ead,
An’ he plugged me where I bled,
An’ ’e guv me ’arf-a-pint o’ water green.
It was crawlin’ and it stunk,
But of all the drinks I’ve drunk,
I’m gratefullest to one from Gunga Din.
It was 'Din! Din! Din!
‘’Ere’s a beggar with a bullet through ’is spleen;
‘’E's chawin’ up the ground,
‘An’ ’e’s kickin’ all around:
‘For Gawd’s sake git the water, Gunga Din!’
>>
’E carried me away
To where a dooli lay,
An’ a bullet come an’ drilled the beggar clean.
’E put me safe inside,
An’ just before ’e died,
'I ’ope you liked your drink,’ sez Gunga Din.
So I’ll meet ’im later on
At the place where ’e is gone—
Where it’s always double drill and no canteen.
’E’ll be squattin’ on the coals
Givin’ drink to poor damned souls,
An’ I’ll get a swig in hell from Gunga Din!
Yes, Din! Din! Din!
You Lazarushian-leather Gunga Din!
Though I’ve belted you and flayed you,
By the livin’ Gawd that made you,
You’re a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
>>
>>550930
>>550931
>>550933
Primary sources and shit on /news/.
>>
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c3/85/c1/c385c19e7d4e2b2ae4f7b421bbb49568.jpg

This will trigger him. Should we tell him that blacks fought in Washington’s army or would his head explode?
>>
>pop the multiculti bubble
>A flood of retarded trannies come out the wood work

>>550784
Yes a black soldier who served in an imperial unit and not a colonial or common wealth unit and who wore a regular uniform. The argument is with this anon >>550551 who's statement is objectively incorrect. Your post citing a black soldier in an Imperial unit does not have anything to do with my (historically acxurate) rebuke of the anon fantising about british colonial troops in cultural attire or the British arming black soldiers as frontline units. Please follow the argument before jumping in.

>Ps: you could have cited the KAR or Askari you fucking retard

>>550821
>Incorrect
No, fact.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/82nd_(West_Africa)_Division

>Correct, just like what we see in the OP’s post
I am not arguing with OP. My statements were made in response to a very specific post. I know this is your first day of activism on 4chan but please take the time to familiarise yourself with how threads work.

>>550941
Military history is my hobby, I am well aware of the service of black troops in the American Revolution and civil war. Neither of which relate to the post I responded to.
>>
>>550962
So in your hobbying you mossed where the England hired more than half a million Africans to serve in her colonial armies over the course of the war?

Which, incidentally, also appears in Bourne's book.

You idiot.
>>
>>550962
>blacks were only used a manual labor
Me: incorrect
>no, fact
>posts link of black soldiers not being used as manual labor and fighting

Anon...I don’t? Are you dumb?
>>
>>550537
what turban?
>>
>>550822
a smallish number of american blacks moved to the soviet union during the great depression because they liked the soviet ideals of equality and at the time the soviet economy was growing super fast, while the depression ravaged the west
>>
>>551009
Is it not called a turban? Whatever Sikhs wear.
>>
>>551009
>>551031
Fuck you got me, I'm an idiot
>>
>>551009
underrated
>>
>>550531
You can bet they're scrutinized more closely. When you've seen shenanigans on bases, one might speculate that intervening earlier would have compromised observation on the rest of that network/cell whomever that individual represented. Or they are that incompetent, pozzed, or non-communicative across services with intelligence gathering. Anything's possible.
>>
>>550973

>The division was organised on a "head load" basis, with porters carrying all heavy equipment and supplies

He's right about these guys
>>
>>550962
>multiculti bubble
>>
>>551097
>I didn’t read the rest of the fucking wiki article
He is not right at all. And I am guessing “he” is (you). Go read the whole stupid wiki page anon.
>>
>>551097
lol no he is not you fucking retard, how were you able to set up a router with that brain?
>>
>conservatives triggered by brown people being brown again
>>
>>550531
Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Statement regarding Traditional Pastafarian Headgear:
Allow me to confirm that the wearing of a Colander is a tradition in the Pastafarian faith. Not all followers dress so formally, but it is a common practice for us to do so while making official identification documents.As you know, religion plays a serious part in many people’s lives, including the wearing of specific clothing. Believers over the years have sometimes unfortunately experienced resistance, mockery, or even discrimination for simply following the guidelines of their religion. Thankfully case law has repeatedly affirmed that believers have a constitutionally-protected right to wear such clothing in nearly all public situations including: work, school, while taking identification photos, even in the courtroom — provided that the clothing does not cause undo harm. That is to say, that religious clothing is with very few exceptions a protected right. We, the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, are not a litigious group but of course we, along with the ACLU and others, have an interest in defending the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and the laws of the United States. Thank you for your cooperation and May You Be Touched by His Noodly Appendage. Sincerely, Bobby Henderson, Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
>>
>>551478
Colander?

Exfuckingscuse me? A PIRATE HAT is correct Pastafarian practice.

Orthodox Pastafarians dress in full pirate regalia - reformists are allowed to wear a hat or eyepatch.

Get that wack shit outta here.
>>
The USA is quickly becoming Sweden tier, enjoy your third world subhumans Amerifats.
>>
>>551532
>third world subhumans
>Amerifats
No need to repeat yourself.
>>
>>551532
>Sweden Tier
Oh no, were becoming one of the happiest nation's on Earth with a low GINI index, socialized health care, and a penal system that reforms offenders instead of punishing them? How horrible.
>>
>>551138
Retard cannot even into wiki tier history
>>
>>551626
A country filled with third world Arabs and negroes that contribute nothing and exist only to destroy, seethe more reddit.
>>
>>551709
Stats don't lie, but /pol/tards do. Cope harder faggot.
>>
>>551626
Their socialized health care is failing as well as their pension system due to the burden of mass immigration. Their far right party just became the largest party due to that a couple months ago.
>>
>>551709
>A country filled with third world Arabs and negroes that contribute nothing and exist only to destroy
Holy fuck. If this is the future of importing the browns why in t hell is /pol/ against it?
>>
>>550531
1. No one in wants this, it is political
2. There may be like 3 fucking Sikhs in the military
3. The practical issue at hand isnt these 3 Sikhs, it's the army of FUCKING JOES that will claim they have converted to being a Sikh and demand they be allowed to rock a turban and beard and then get drunk and laugh about it that we desire to avoid
4. The air force is literally a civilian organization and I wish them well when the space force takes their jobs
5. Liberals ruin everything
>>
>>551719
I don't think the Social Democrats are far-right.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riksdag

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.