[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 19 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1171826400967503872

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
I'm sure our libertarian friends will applaud this as a necessary sacrifice to preserve personal liberty.
>>
All nicotine products and alcohol should be banned tbh
>>
>>458783
you get more regulation of this behavior under democrats or republicans, because at the end of the day no president wants to be associated with an epidemic of people being poisoned by this or that during their tenure.
>>
>>458793
>ban alcohol

hey retard, read some history
Prohibition and the bootlegging it caused created and established the modern mafia who are still a cancer in the system.

Just tax it, tell the dumb people its harmful and use some of the money to support those who want to quit.

You want more?
>>
>>458798
Obviously Prohibition didn't work, but a modern day ban could work if users and dealers were executed for their crimes.
>>
>>458800
Back to the Phillipines with you!
>>
>>458800
lol ahahahahahaha sure buddy sure
>>
>>458800
A real simple one would be to ban any advertising of nicotine and alcohol. And you shouldn't be able to buy cigs and alcohol at any store but a specific cig or alcohol store. Only states can run the stores and profit so at least vices are out of the way and profit goes mostly to the state. Kinda how alcohol is regulated in Pennsylvania.
>>
>>458775
Good, very nice
>>
>>458783
libertarians. They're endangering the youth with their druggie bs
>>
>>458800

Banning anything doesn't work. It just forces it underground or at simply takes a few more steps to get.

It's why banning alcohol didn't work, why banning drugs never worked, why banning abortion didn't work, and why banning guns will also never work
>>
>>458801
Back to red.dit with you, degenerate.
>>
>>458810
this. that'll just make vaping more dangerous and more likely to cause these problems among many more
>>
>>458800
>Obviously Prohibition didn't work, but a modern day ban could work
Based on what evidence? We've banned most recreational drugs but they're still around, and they're killing people because the drug cartels and gangs that distribute them don't give a fuck.
>>
>>458783
Allow me to circle jerk you
Yeah these libertarians are hilarious, what with taking away our liberties and all
NVM, your retarded and I'm not circle jerking you
>>
>take device
>remove harmless chemicals from device
>insert mystery bootleg 'DUDE WEED LMAO' chemicals
>die
WTF BAN DEVICE NOW
>>
Lol man that's fucking autistic
>>
>>458980

I used to work at a place making vape juice. It's 99% glycerine no matter what other flavors or additives are involved. It's so cheap to make, and the profit so high, that they literally dump the excess down the drain. A fractional amount of THC is unlikely to be the issue.
>>
>>459037
and that is exactly why I make my own.
I feel bad, people buying 30mls for $10 in brick stores.
I think we have it down to about $.90 per 60mls
>>
>>459037
>A fractional amount of THC is unlikely to be the issue.
butane, propane, and ethanol are common solvents for THC oil, if its incorrectly purged, then they will remain in the liquid. there are safer solvents and solvent-less, but any home-made is likely to use the easiest method. my friends made some with butane, so im assuming that was the easiest method
>>
>>459306
Most of those evaporate
>>
>>458810
>It's why banning alcohol didn't work, why banning drugs never worked, why banning abortion didn't work, and why banning guns will also never work
When you say "won't work" you're talking about wildly different things when discussing firearms bands and alcohol bans. One is limiting the freedom of an individual from consuming a potentially harmful substance for personal use and the other is inhibiting an individual's ability to murder several dozen innocent people in a public setting.
>>
>>459334
thats true, but you still need to purge them, and improper purging will cause problems unless, possibly, you let it sit out long enough to evaporate on its own
>>
>>458798
Prohibition did work to significantly reduce alcohol use in society. The creation of more organized crime helps to justify further increases to police powers, which is also desirable to the political establishment.
>>
https://twitter.com/Nunzio69x/status/1172321781610246145
>>
oops....

"The U.S. government has refined how it is measuring an outbreak of breathing illnesses in people who vape, now counting only cases that are most closely linked to electronic cigarette use. Health officials on Thursday said 380 confirmed cases and probable cases have been reported in 36 states and one U.S. territory.

That marks a decrease from the 450 cited last week, when officials were also including "possible" cases."

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.