[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 30 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

Live coverage:

https://www.cnn.com/election/2019/results/north-carolina/house-9-special-election
>>
>>458591
>Live coverage:
You can see how much people care.
>>
>>458591
I think the Rs will win here. District is R+19 and that is hard to overcome.
>>
>>458614
Probably, but the fact they choose to commit election fraud last time shows how corrupt they are.
>>
>>458619
It certainly does. NC is changing to blue slowly but surely.
>>
This whole deal shows how corrupt the Republicans are, even past the Election fraud they committed.
Because they should have been forced to keep the guy who cheated on the ballot, but they changed the rules so they could kick him off.
>>
>>458619
>>458621
Absolutely no doubt about it, can i be apart of this mutual circle jerk as well?
Considering they blatantly committed election fraud (and got caught) last time just goes to show you how hard they are trying not to let us win, its inevitable we will, assuming they don't cheat again
>>
>>458623
Republicans are the master of projection.
Notice how when Democrats use house oversight to hold their crimes accountable, they cry witch hunt. But that's becuase they use the oversight committee to conduct witch hunts, unlike the democrats.
>>
>>458621
>changing to blue
¡bLuE waVE! fer realz this time guys!
>>
>>458645
>y-y-you said blue wave?
No anon, I did not. I said N.C. is trending blue which is a fact.
>>
>>458698
How's that trend look now?
>>
>>458698
>which is a fact.
Facts really require someone to state them.
https://www.ozarksfirst.com/local-news/republican-dan-bishop-wins-north-carolina-9th-congressional-district-special-election/amp/
>>
>>458636
Yes, this is great mutual circle jerk, thanks!
Republicans are also masters of deception. They fool their dumb base into believing every investigation into their crimes is a witch hunt while witch hunting themselves as yet another ploy to deceive and redirect negative attention from themselves
>>
>>458700
BAM!!
>>458702
BAM!!!!
>>
>>458702
Republicans are now reduced to bragging about narrowly winning a district that swung 12 points to Trump.
>>
>>458621
NC is already a swing state. In state-wide elections Democrats are already winning. Its only in the heavily gerrymandered district level that Republicans can predict an easy win now and the NC Courts are actually getting ready to fuck all of that up for them.
>>
>>458619
Yet they won after the Dems redrew the map for them.

>>458622
>>458636
>>458698
>>458703
So much coping. How will the Nov. 3rd 2020 be?

>>458719
The district is clearly in a new area of NC that Dems bragged they’d easily take yet still failed. They even spent 3 times more than the GOP and still lost.
>>
>>458702
>Win only by 3%
>In state where the districts are rigged by extreme gerrymandering
>Where the District is a R+19
>Have a 16 point swing
We can only hope Trump is arrogant and retarded enough where he thinks his pandering to the 30% of extremists will work everywhere.
>>
>>458703
>this is what left-wingers actually believe
>>
>>458724
>failing to remember that the district was remapped to be fair to Dems which prompted the special election in the first place.

And they still lost.
>>
>>458726
The special election was as a result of Republicans tampering with mail in ballots.
>>
>>458726
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/09/north-carolina-republicans-gerrymander-trolling-court.html
They haven't been implemented yet, and of course Republicans are acting in bad faith.
>>
>>458729
lying piece of shit
>>
>>458736
That's exactly what happened and you know it.

Republican operatives went around stealing mail in ballots from people last election and the Supervisor of Elections believed it was serious enough that they refused to certify the results so the "winner" didn't get to take office. They had to have a do-over.
>>
>>458723
Yes please allow me to circle jerk you as well Republicans are absolutely seething they won such a small victory absolutely meaningless and changes nothing and they know it
>>
>>458744
>Republicans are absolutely seething they won such a small victory absolutely meaningless and changes nothing and they know it

what colour is the sky in your world?
>>
>>458700
/news/ is just reddit 2.0 They'll ramble about NC turning blue while ignoring that the whole Rust Belt is turning red. Can't wait to hang out here come 2020
>>
>>458756
>/news/ is just reddit 2.0

I was going to deny this but after thinking about it, you're completely right. They ignore any nuance or criticism of the left-wing and DNC but exaggerate and exasperate the problems with the GOP. It's difficult to discuss any political news without them derailing the conversation and arguing in bad faith towards anyone critical of the left.
>>
>>458645
Virginia is a couple of General Assembly seats away from having a Dem trifecta. Republicans haven't won a statewide election this decade.
>>
>>458757
>They ignore any nuance or criticism of the left-wing and DNC but exaggerate and exasperate the problems with the GOP. It's difficult to discuss any political news without them derailing the conversation and arguing in bad faith towards anyone critical of the left.

It's funny you say this because I think this also applies to the other side as well. There's plenty of posts that ignore nuanced criticism of conservatives and just reply with mockery that reduces said criticism to a meme. The internet in general is pretty bad for political discourse since it usually turns into the worst of both sides going at each other while better reasoned posts get lumped together with the lunatics and ignored, but I think it gets worse on this site just because anonymity allows people to easily masquerade as the other side to stir the pot in their favor.

Anyway, I think it's funny that people accuse certain boards on 4chan of being bastions of leftism, since I think they're just more moderate versions of the same views that other boards have. For instance, /co/ often gets maligned as "/co/mblr," but every time I go over there they're getting mad over the most recent shoehorned left-wing politics in their favorite media just like every other board. They just become "they enemy" because zealots need somebody to fight since the actual leftists are on other sites that wouldn't dare come to the scary hacker known as 4chan. I think /news/ is in a similar boat to /co/: I think there's a healthy mix of views here with a general trend towards the views that are popular on other boards, but because the mix isn't as far right as say /v/ or /pol/ it gets labeled as leftist.
>>
>>458780
Hit it on the head.
/pol/tards are so far right, they even think Cheney is too much of a "libshit" for their own liking.
>>
>>458780

Dilate
>>
>>458780
>>458786

>I think this also applies to the other side as well

E N L I G H T E N E D C E N T R I S M
>>
>>458815
Well, we're talking about "both sides" of 4chan specifically, which i think holds true.
>>
>>458779
Virginia's working population is almost completely employed by the federal government and living in Fairfax County, as the government swells in size, the big government liberal vote does in Virginia too. The balance of political power is only changing in Virginia because of imported liberals, there is no changing sentiment from the native population in Virginia.
>>
>>458780
/news/ has a slight left wing lean simply because /pol/ types have no power on a board where they can’t just spam image macros
>>
>>458835
lmfao. Republicans have poor memory retention and thus cannot create arguments without using propaganda posters. Critical thought is hard and it takes effort.
>>
>>458719
>reduced to
Sorry, didn't someone just say in this very thread that the result of this election was proof of the "fact" that
>>458621
>NC is changing to blue slowly but surely.
?
>>
>>458724
>Win only by 3%
I like to think of it as the Democrat candidate losing by only 3%. Keep pushing the identity politics and communism guys. You've almost got it!
>>
>>458835
>>458870
Please let me join in on circle jerking with you as well
Republicans are shit at understanding anything, it's a wonder they can gerrymander so well to begin with, regardless is hilarious that they won by only 3 point in such a massively gerrymandered area where you can barely even vote when your lucky if your black
>>
>>458744
>such a small victory
>absolutely meaningless
Huh. It didn't used to be.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/28/trump-gop-north-carolina-election-1476636
>Trump, GOP fret loss in bellwether House special election
A bellwether! Fretting!
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/11/politics/north-carolina-9-dan-bishop-dan-mccready/index.html
>House Republicans escaped disaster in North Carolina
Losing would have been "a disaster!" (Great phrase to use on 9/11 CNN.)
>>
>>458815
I'm hardly a centrist, I'm just capable of realizing when an idea is taken too far, even ideas which belong to my "side." This site is seeped in so much left/right extremism that everyone ignores you can have mixed views or less extreme versions of some views (hence "moderate"). This is why every argument about border control turns into the left accusing the right of wanting to cage children and the right accusing the left of importing Mexicans. Neither is an accurate assessment of the entire opposing political spectrum, but it's far easier to argue against such strawmen then it is to accept that maybe your position is too extreme for the average person, left or right.

>>458833
Fairfax resident for nearly my entire life here, I find it amusing that you blame things on imported liberals coming to work for the government when there's plenty of conservatives coming in because the county is just generally attractive for business. You have an increasing population, well funded public services (including some of the best public schools in the nation, very attractive for new parents), and proximity to DC if lobbying is your thing. Hell, where do you think the NRA has its headquarters? They're in Fairfax, right next to I-66 (extra visible now due to new construction), and I'd hardly call them liberal. You also have military and law enforcement families moving in for working at the Pentagon or Langley, and those demographics tend towards conservatives despite also working for the feds.

So I doubt all the transplants are liberal, there's a healthy dose of business minded conservatives coming in as well.
>>
>>458888
>ignoring his 3 other points that give the repubs a massive advantage
>>
>>458723
>How will the Nov. 3rd 2020 be
I intend to take the 3rd off and just watch /pol/ COPE all day.
>>
>>458887
>?
https://statisticalatlas.com/state/North-Carolina/Race-and-Ethnicity#figure/relative-ethno-racial-composition-by-age
You can look at all of it but graph 3/4 tell the story. Boomers and then Xers will be dying off and a diverse population will be the voting base.
>>
>>458983
>Boomers and then Xers will be dying off and a diverse population will be the voting base
So the white supremacists are right: there is a concerted effort on the part of the Democratic party to change the voter base.
>>
>>458997
It’s literally just the natural change in population you paranoid fuck.
>>
>>458998
>natural change
Did your parents not tell you about the birds and bees?
>>
>>458998
>paranoid
It's not paranoia of they really are out to get you.
>>
>>458999
>demographics make me think we my pants
They should make retards quake, yes.
>>
>>458998
Historically older people will vote in larger percentages and vote more conservatively and the younger crowd will be more liberal but not vote in larger percentages
The larger portion of older voting offsets the larger population of the younger
That's been mostly the case historically
Many people age and become more conservative
>>
>>459073
Or more likely, the overton window soffits shifts over time and beliefs that were once liberal become conservative
>>
>>459073
>Many people age and become more conservative
More like most liberals die off if you actually look at their lives and not just percentages in their young year vs their old year.
>>
>>458835
>>458870
>>458892

Five tranny shills circle jerking in every thread doesn't make the board left wing
>>
>>458835
>/news/ has a slight left wing lean simply because it is a r*ddit colony infested with discord trannies who can't meme and thus can only thrive on a board where images are heavily regulated, protecting them from memes
>>
>>459072
>demographics
Whites and blacks have been here for two hundred years. Indians longer.
You're talking about an ethnic population whose presence barely registered prior to 1970. They now rival blacks.
A "natural change" in a population is less than 20% increase. They've quintupled at least. Why? Immigration. Immigration is absolutely NOT a natural change. This is a drastic change spurred by policies designed to encourage it.
>>
>>459103
So what you're saying is /pol/ has no ability to carry an argument without apamm8ng memes?
>>
>>459103
>R_TD refugees calling anyone Reddit
Lmao
>>
>>459158
Spics are Indians.
>>
>>459162
>Spics are Indians.
The "sp" in "spic" is Spanish. As in from Spain.
>>
Didn't they cheat the last one or something? How did they get a do over?

T. Foreigner
>>
>>459169
Allow me to circle jerk you friend
Republicans get 'do overs' because they have the system so rigged that even when they get caught cheating which is an auto lose anywhere else in the world they instead get another chance to do over and try not to get caught
>>
>>458997
>old people die
Yep, must be a conspiracy.
>>
>>459100
source?
>>
>>459169
i think they couldnt quite pin it on the guy running, and instead it was pinned on the guy who got caught while working for guy running. so technically the guy running dindu niffun and this >>459236
>>
>>459301
>>old people die
>Yep, must be a conspiracy.
Old white people have roughly the same number of young white people.
Old black people have roughly the same number of young black people.
Old black and white people have roughly the same number of young mulatto people.
And yet somehow within two or three generations there are roughly 800000 Hispanic people. About as many as there are black people.
How does that happen?
>>
>>459314
the war on drugs and CIA intervention in south america causing the rise of cartels and overall destabilization of governments that in turn creates a huge number of refugees
>>
>>459315
I don't know where to being to describe how wrong this is on every point.
>>
>>459321
so you would stay in the US if an impunitive international mafia was beheading people in the streets?
>>
>>459322
>an impunitive international mafia was beheading people in the streets?
There's 800000 people in North Carolina alone.
That's a lot of head lobbing. I think you're being disingenuous about their motives.
>so you would stay in the US
Would you care to wager how long that kind of behavior would be tolerated in the United States? The "refugees" clearly think that time period is very short, by your assertion.
Please feel free to strawman some obscure invent in a third-world ghetto of a major Democrat city, by the way. Just goes to my position.
>>
>>459328
>Would you care to wager how long that kind of behavior would be tolerated in the United States?
are those other countries the US? do those other countries have the same financial power of the cartels as the US would? the answer lies in that the cartels are operating at full capacity with no stop in sight. id gtfo by any means necessary if i were under those circumstances. fleeing your country to somewhere else thousands of miles away isnt a cakewalk, and they know theyre likely to be put in camps

>The "refugees" clearly think that time period is very short, by your assertion
its not happening here, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>459307
https://mathcs.org/statistics/course/Tables/percentage-tables.html
>>
>>459395
so youre admitting you dont have one?
>>
>>459398
Which part did you not understand?
>>
>>459399
the lack of a part with figures to support your statement
>>
>>459400
Oh, then you want the original poster who put forth these claims, i.e. not me.
Here, I'll direct you right to them too:
>>459073
>>
>>459402
you shouild have just asked him for a source instead of adding your own made-up bullshit
>>
>>459405
My claim is about how numbers work, not how the numbers are collected or what they represent.
But sure, I'll jump into requiring a source for the original claim too.
>>
>>459408
>My claim is about how numbers work
you claimed that liberals die off younger rather than becoming more conservative with age. you're just shitposting
>>
>>459409
>you claimed that liberals die off younger rather than becoming more conservative with age.
Which is from the claim being presented earlier that I wasn't disagreeing with the data, but the interpretation.
You jump in wanting a source for these conclusions, so now we both wait for the poster who initially brought it up to source their claim.
Not sure why you're sperging out at me when I'm gone by along with you on this ride you put us on.
If your next post isn't sourcing your original claim, then we can wait until you find one. I'm in no rush.
>>
>>459408
That will be hard for him. Voters do not switch parties with age. Depending on how you define conservative and liberal old people either don’t change or become slightly more liberal on policy issues (they still vote for whatever party they associated with anyway).
Here be muh source for these claims:
https://www.abebooks.com/9780300092158/Partisan-Hearts-Minds-Political-Parties-0300092156/plp

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.