[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 56 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: Vape_lung.jpg (22 KB, 259x342)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>In Wisconsin, at least a dozen people have recently been hospitalized and treated for severe lung damage. The first cases were reported last month, and the number has been growing. All of these patients are young — between their teenage years and 30s — and all of them appear to have been harmed by vaping.

That new & improved product works faster & quicker then the original
>"It's mind-boggling," Dr. Diana Zuckerman, president of the National Center for Health Research, told CBS News. "The vast majority of people who smoke started as children or as young teens, and yet you don't hear about people getting lung cancer until their 40s, 50s, 60s," she said. "Think about that compared to what's happening to these kids now. I've never heard of a smoker ending up in the hospital in their teens."

But, butt, Vaping is better for you they said! It will be fun they said! Marketers wouldn't lie to us to sell a product as health alternative they said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/teens-hospitalized-for-lung-damage-after-vaping-e-cigarettes-juul-health-risks/
>>
>>445954
Anything but decriminalizing and researching marijuana I guess?
Also stop smoking Juuhl it'll literally kill you
>>
>>445954
FDA has blood on their hands. They needed to legalize and regulate long before yesterday.

But they're cracking down on juul flavorings and selling to minors. They need to get their priorities straight.
>>
>Dr. Zuckerman
>>
>>445968
Inhaling smoke into your lungs is terrible for you no matter what you're burning. How about not putting toxic substances into your body period?
>>
>>445954
I agree. That's why I continue to push for Niconeedle. Instead of damaging your lungs with smoke or vapor, you'll use a syringe that would deliver nicotine to the body. It's designed to be used as an aid in nicotine replacement therapy, a process for smoking cessation and quitting smokeless tobacco. The nicotine needle is punctured into a vein, like on your arm, then it shoots an intense amount of nicotine straight into your bloodstream.

So non-smokers would be relieved of not having to watch people smoke and especially, breathing in all that second-hand poison. Instead, they'll get to watch people shoot up nicotine in the employees' lounge, at the bar, watching the kids play in the playground as the smoking parents sit back and enjoy a cool stream of nicotine right up their veins.
>>
>>445954
Could just make better decisions.

I knew smoking was bad when I was a teen, so what drives retards to smoke, Do drugs, drink booze? Unfortunately I have to pay for these niggers.
>>
>>445985
Or just some nicotine gum.
>>
>>445954
bloody fucking hilarious
>>
>>445984
Vapor isnt smoke
>>
>>446046
vaping makes you breathe in stuff that comes from liquid exposed to a hot electrode without boiling, so it's actually fucking smoke
but please do keep killing yourself to leave a maximum of fresh air to non-subhumans
>>
>>446026
Yeah, but there are non-smokers who are complaining about the chewing sound. Claiming it's causing second-hand hearing loss and stress.
>>
>>445984

Edibles are better anyways.
>>
I suffer from second hand Vaping
>>
Good, fuck vaping and smoking subhumans
>>
What about second-hand eyesores? I've heard ugliness can cause vision problems. Any truth to that?
>>
>>446072
What exactly does vaping or smoking do to make them less than human? You are either a bad troll or a hateful person.
>>
>>445984
Over policing self harming vices like alcohol and drugs especially when we don't even know shit about them because we're scared to research them while simultaneously being cucked by big pharma and the industrial prison complex is exactly what got us in this situation the war on drugs is a cancer
>>
>>445954
Any idiot can overdo anything

these fucktards were probably vaping so constantly they suffocated cells in their lungs and heart.
>>
>>446098
>he says unironically posting on 4chan
>>
>>445954
This is bullshit.
This is because greedy kike lawyers and greedy kike puppet politicans are losing money from cigarette taxes (literally around 50 billion in lost revenue).

Don't be an NPC.
>>
>>446114
>greedy kike lawyers and greedy kike puppet politicans are losing money from cigarette taxes
Fuck off /pol/ you put in the administration of them this is on you celebrate it
>>
>>446089
It is a known fact that subconsciously everyone hates smokers and vapeniggers
>>
>>446089
i am hateful, but relying on drugs to be functional day to day is a massive weakness
i also consider caffeine faggots subhuman too, fwiw
>>
>>445985
I'm still waiting on injectable cannabis for intravenous THC delivery.
>>
>>446115
>Fuck off /pol/ you put in the administration of them this is on you celebrate it
I'm actually a Communist but greedy kike lawyers still exist and serve porky.
>>
>>446145
Israel has water soluble thc capsules already, but they won't share the process and research on marijuana in this country is illegal :^)
>>
>>445984
How about not?
>>
>>446054
You’re actually suppose to use it like dip. Tuck it in your gum, and chem a bit when the flavors’ depleted
>>
>>446089
Secondhand smoke that would harm others who don’t smoke. They endanger the lives of others, for one
>>
https://www.apnews.com/609232c1732a4cc39685c713aba32525
Thanks Republicans.
>>
>>445976
kek someone else picked up on that
>>
The sheer burden of emphysema from Zoomer and Millennial weedniggers is going to obliterate the economy.
>>
>>446089
Anything which exists in the body but causes harm cannot be said to be there purposefully. Anything that does not purposefully exist in the human body cannot be said to be part of a human. Smoking causes melanoma, which cannot be said to be part of a human. These cells replace existing cells. Therefor, smokers are less human.
>>
Bah. Kids will be kids.
>>
>>445954
it's depressing how these things are allowed to go on sale when there's obviously 'not' been thirty years of study into the effects of them, or with the drugs they're happily handing out to people like candy drops.

It's incompetence of this sort that keeps me a long distance away from any bozo with a cheery expression and a 'qualification' behind his/her rental desk. doesn't mean shit when the law lets this stuff pass time and time again.
>>
>>446351
Okay then stop eating food. That doesn't exist in the body unless you put it there. That's a stupid argument and you know it.
If you live on this planet you are constantly bombarded with toxins and not all are man made.
>>
>>446351
>Anything which exists in the body but causes harm cannot be said to be there purposefully.
Too much water in the body causes harm, in fact it can kill.
>>
Kinda funny, kinda not, this stuff is the result of Juul creators popularizing the use of nicotine salts which rely on benzoic acid for pH balancing.

>https://www.juul.com/learn/pods

Unfortunately for Juul users, it's likely that they've been using Sodium Benzoate.

>Sodium benzoate is more commonly used as a food preservative than benzoic acid due to its greater solubility in water
>Benzoic acid can be changed into sodium benzoate, and vice versa. If the environment is suitably acidic, benzoic acid predominates. If the environment is not sufficiently acidic and sodium ions are present—as they often are—sodium benzoate predominates.
>https://caloriebee.com/nutrition/Effects-of-Benzoic-Acid-and-Benzoates-in-Food-and-Medicines

Since Juul utilizes benzoic acid to lower the pH of their vape liquids, it's pretty clearly leading to Sodium Benzoate being present. That's basically it, fellas:
> When sodium benzoate reacts with ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in the presence of heat, light, and metallic ions, benzene forms.
Just about every popular vape juice involves a fruit extract. Every popular Juul pod, anyway.
>We are exposed to benzene from a variety of sources, including gasoline at gas stations, car exhausts, emissions from industries that burn coal or oil, emissions from other industrial processes, and cigarette smoke. It's important to avoid adding to the benzene load whenever we can to prevent reaching a critical level that harms our bodies.

tl;dr - it's just the nic salts. Probably gonna tank the whole industry, tho
>>
>>446745
tank it then they will just reup using safer chems.

we're all just lab rats. *coughs in juul*
>>
So I vape. But not nicotine. Just thc. Is it ad bad? Or even worse? Please inform me
>>
>>446827
Yeah, you're better off just blazzzzzzing that shit.
>>
>>446834
How so? Explain plz
>>
>>446087
That's ethylene glycol. One carbon and a few hydrogens make a big difference
>>
>>446872
Looks less gay.
>>446901
He's not wrong. PG is used as an (inactive) ingredient in anti-freeze.
>>
>>446064
I can't wait. I have major GI issues and while I was out in California I ate edibles and they went away. Now that I'm back home it's back to careful eating or pure suffering.
>>
>>446143
So basically you're an angry child who was never taught how to manage feelings with anything approaching an adult's sentience. Congrats. This is why democracy is a sham. You are 100% an external organ improperly labeled as a human with genuine agency.
>>
>>446108
/thread

>>446114
Minus the cliche racism there is every reason to take point to heart.

>>446704
Our society is based on human sacrifice. Usually male. (9 to 1) workplace fatalities.

>>446745
Fruit extract doesn't mean vitamin c does it? But yea, combinations like this are the likely culprit.
>>
>>445954
Reading this
jsonline.com/story/news/local/wisconsin/2019/08/08/vaping-12-cases-lung-injury-confirmed-suspected-13-others/1959408001/
It honest to god just sounds like a bunch of people got high and didn't know what the effects would be.
>Symptoms include shortness of breath, fatigue, chest pain, cough and weight loss.
I mean minus weight loss lul, that said it sounds like a localized incident with some bad dealers
>The new cases included older people in addition to teens, all of whom reported vaping or “dabbing,” which is vaping marijuana oils, extracts or concentrates.
>or “dabbing,” which is vaping marijuana oils, extracts or concentrates.
So it wasn't *just* vaping, nice one, cbs.
>>
>>446963
You do know that there is food grade propylene glycol, right?
On the other hand I wouldn't put it past filthy insectoid Chinese creatures to put anti-freeze in their knock off juice
>>
>>447405
>“All patients reported vaping prior to their hospitalization, but we don’t know all the products they used at this time.

yeah, this is a useless article.
>>
>>447369

i don't agree with that anon, but he is not an npc, you are being way to harsh. just seems he is over opinionated and has some strong psychological complex surrounding substances.
>>
>>445954
Vaping is for pussies anyway just to Crystal Meth like me
>>
>>445954
I read somewhere that these people likely bought DIY flavors off the streets. Probably was like 90% PG.
>>
>>445954
why doesnt it say anything about what type of lung damage? is it all the same, or what? it said one kid got a collapsed lung after vaping for a year, but i dont think that kid was one of the 8
>>
>>446050
smoke is a product of combustion. do you think cooling towers are putting smoke into the air?
>>
>>446745
goddamn, thats some good information. makes sense we would be seeing the results of that now, just 2 or 3 years after nic salts started showing up, rather than the longer period since vaping in general started
>>
>>447564
do you think a hot electrode is under the flash point of PG? the combustion may be slow thanks to a small surface area, but shit is getting burnt in there
cooling towers use evaporation to exchange heat, which has nothing to do with any of that shit
>>
Damage is a collapsed lung, for the 18yo kid. Vaping is smooth and tricks you into taking huge fucking hits if you're retarded.

The real problem imo is vape juices containing alcohol and weird molecules other than PG and VG, that eventually fuck up your respiratory system more than anything.

Vaping helped me reduce cigarettes to the single daily taste-fag and I breathe way better, so curb your red blood cells. You just won't understand the buzz.
>>
>>447684
I wont believe youre trying to tell us that the minute amount of smoke that comes from a heating element is the main reason vaping is bad. There is more shit in the air on a main road than that my bro
>>
>>445984
dumb fag
>>
>>445954
I was saying this will turn out to be more dangerous from the very beginning. But no one listens to me.
>>
>>446054
Kek. My sides.
>second-hand hearing loss
>>
>Zuckerman pointed to one specific case: a college freshman from Florida whose lung collapsed. In an interview with The Daily Mail, the teen admitted to vaping about one JUUL pod every two days for a year.

If your lung collapses from using a juul then you're sucking too hard. Just as likely to happen from breathing through a straw. Obvious solution is widen the air intake on the juul.

For normal vapes there's usually 2 types of injury. You've got a tank and set it up wrong so instead of vapor it's spraying hot juice down your throat, or you're a dumbass with a mod and the battery exploded.
>>
>>447817
>Just as likely to happen from breathing through a straw.
How many people are addicted to that activity you dumb faggot.
>>
>>447684
It's not an electrode, it's a specific-resistance coil which produces vapor by boiling the liquid at a specific temperature, unless the coil's wicking is allowed to dry-fire, at which point the wicking and any residual liquid is burned. If burning is allowed to occur, which is only through negligence, then yeah you get a little nasty tasting smoke with formaldehyde in it. Amazingly, most people don't want that to happen, and would immediately stop dry-firing
>>
>>447521
And where did he get them? Drug war bullshit. Being extra susceptible to it. The guy utterly lacks agency. That makes him a proxy imo. I'd be kinder if there was a cure. Sadly there isn't. He'll be that way or worse his whole life. Still I take your point, I should try to be nicer.
>>
>>447809
Of course. And those guys who walk around with hot girlfriends barely wearing clothes? That causes second-hand erections. And we, as a society, need to do something about that. Such as, if your woman's hot, BAG HER ASS UP with Amish clothes and don a burka over her head. I don't want to see something that enticing who are engaged or married. What the fuck is wrong with people? Smh.

PS: I'm not Muslim nor Hindu. But I "get it." As to the burka only.
>>
>>446827
Do you vape thc carts? The fake ones kill people big, and most people are getting fakes, mainly in illegal states.
>>
>>447858
>Bag her up

Is this a Muslim trap thread?
>>
>>447878
A what trap what? Huh?? I'm a Scientologist. I believe we all come from volcanos. We were once living in space ships. Flying around. Then one sun rotation, we'd decided, "Oh, look! That little blue planet. Let's go down there. But we need to avoid those volcanos - don't wanna fly our ships into them."

So we came down but, unfortunately, the ship captains didn't get the memo, "Don't fly into the volcanoes." And we all ended up flying into the volcanos. That later manifested us into souls then body jumpers. We took possession of these apes and the rest is evolution history.
>>
>>447888
Tbh volcanoes look like sweet succulent earth titties so I can’t blame our alien ancestors for shooting straight for them. Moths to a flame.
>>
>>447726
i don't have to prove shit to you, please keep dying so my air ends up even slightly cleaner
i'll take it

>>447831
>It's not an electrode, it's a specific-resistance coil
how about a link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_cathode

>which produces vapor by boiling the liquid at a specific temperature, unless
propylene glycol boils at... 187°C (369°F)
its flash point is... 107°C (225°F)
keep temperature as specific as you want, it's burning
>>
>>447873
>kill people
Citations plz
>>
>>447888
>>447891
Kys
>>
>>447891
Exactly. Like zombies to a cliff edge. Or, Miley Cyrus to a bag of heroin - Bill Cosby to an unconscious woman - Mexicans to a border - Retards to a "chan" board, like this one - >>447900

And so on.
>>
>>447900
I’ve never understood this meme. First of all it’s spelled kiss and yes I kiss my mother every night. Is it wrong to love someone?

>>447905
Please explain anons disrespect
>>
>>447898
>It's burning
Maybe the proof is in the pudding. When this stuff burns it's noxious as hell, which would be a markedly different experience for users of whatever device.

But what if you're right? What if every vape user was actually lying about their experiences and they're all huffing down smoke non-stop? What if every bystander was actually noticing the lingering scent of smoke as its particulate settled wherever? What if everyone else is wrong, and you're right? You're right! The world is wrong!
>>
>>447919
IT either means, Kiss your sister, Keep yourself safe, or Knit your sweater, Kentuckiana Yacht Sales, Inc, or what I'm pretty sure it meant as to disrespect, Know your stuff. Suggesting I, nor you, know our stuff.
>>
>>447898
alcohol has a flash point of 26 °C (79 °F), but when i threw my rum and coke on the fire, the fire went out. bugged fucking mechanics if you ask me
>>
>>448629
typically because you're quenching the heat source by adding too much alcohol on a fire that doesn't have much in terms of surface area to transfer the heat
a very strong fire would burn your glass of rum pretty fast (unless you drown it in coke)
hold a lit match right above a shot glass of hard booze and watch it light up - vaping setups are closer to that one
the lack of air prevents an open flame, but as long as there's some oxygen dissolved in your fluid, some will burn

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.