[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 111 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: latimes.jpg (118 KB, 840x560)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2019-08-04/el-paso-dayton-gilroy-mass-shooters-data
>>
>>440028
Ohh look. Things to that don't cause mass shootings:
- politics
- religion
- existence of semi-automatic weapons
>>
Will the US ever have a Port Arthur equivalent?
>>
>>440033
Nothing happened after Sandy Hook, so never. It doesn't matter how bad it gets, Americans consider things like Sandy Hook a small price to pay for the availability of guns. If anything, the only things that changed after Sandy Hook was that a bunch of states made it easier to get more guns.
>>
>>440042
What if a big corporation is threatened by a shooting like the fear of them causes their business to fall.
>>
>>440051
The gun industry is itself a bunch of big corporations, and they're much more invested in making sure that Americans are constantly buying more guns every single year. There are millions of Americans who own more than fifty guns each and buy more every year. That's a huge cash cow that big corporations don't want to lose, so they'll keep stoking fears of gun control without actually implementing any gun control. That way Americans will buy even more guns.
>>
>>440032
I don't ever remember anyone claiming that semi-autos existing causes mass shootings. That's just another GOP/NRA strawman. I think the general consensus is that making it more difficult to kill dozens of people in a matter of minutes is a concept worth looking into.
>>
>>440032
Did you read the article?
>make it more difficult for potential perpetrators to find validation for their planned actions
Aka shut down /pol/
>it does not mention religion - correct,
I have not heard that ever brought up as a cause. So ?
>weapons need to be better controlled
Apparently ready access to semi-autos has something to do with mass shootings.
>>
>>440028
>Study on Mass Shootings

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>440056
>I don't ever remember anyone claiming that semi-autos existing causes mass shootings. That's just another GOP/NRA strawman.
>>440058
>Apparently ready access to semi-autos has something to do with mass shootings.
Well, that didn't last long.

>I think the general consensus is that making it more difficult to kill dozens of people in a matter of minutes is a concept worth looking into.
Murder isn't already illegal? Maybe we should make it more illegal.
>>
>>440058
>Aka shut down /pol/
Don't forget Reddit!
>>
>>440090
How does illegality deter someone from committing murder when they don't care if they survive?
>>
>>440090
>Murder isn't already illegal? Maybe we should make it more illegal.
Your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired. There is a specific reason the U.S. government has banned the general citizenry from using things like explosive rounds, incendiary rounds, fully automatic rifles and artillery - because regardless of the fact that mass murder is already illegal it has nothing to do with the fact that making mass murder more difficult to effectively commit is a sound idea. For example, stabbing people is illegal but most states still decided to outlaw spring-loaded ballistic knives and knives over certain lengths because there's no reason why we shouldn't make stabbing someone a more difficult task. Your logic is idiotic.
>>
>>440098
It has nothing to do with the legality of murder - its a matter of taking common sense steps to ensure that if someone does decide to commit murder that the tools and resources to effectively murder large groups of people is not as readily accessible. This is the exact reason the feds regulate things like fully-automatic weapons and suppressors so strictly.
>>
>>440102
>making mass murder more difficult to effectively commit is a sound idea
So we should make the gun-free zone signs bigger?

>For example, stabbing people is illegal but most states still decided to outlaw spring-loaded ballistic knives and knives over certain lengths because there's no reason why we shouldn't make stabbing someone a more difficult task.
God there's a lot of stupid shit to unpack here.
A: Murder with spring loaded ballistic knives has never been a serious problem.
B: Most states don't actually have bans on knives over a certain length
C: States with heavier knife regulations on average have more violent crime and stabbing than states that don't

>Your logic is idiotic.
You are absolutely projecting

>>440105
>common sense steps
Like banning cliapzines and shoulder things that go up?
Get some new talking points bro, the empty 'common sense' rhetoric died in the early 2010s.
>>
>>440114
>So we should make the gun-free zone signs bigger?
Is strawmanning the only method of debate you're comfortable utilizing? As I previously stated, the U.S. government regulating weapons and firearms to negate possible risk to the public is not a new or bizarre concept. They've already done it with suppressors, fully-automatic weapons, explosive ordinance, explosive rounds and other potentially hazardous compounds like C4 and TNT. As new public safety risks emerge, new legislation is drafted to address it i.e. bump stocks. You're trying to portray gun legislation as an ineffective monolith of a tyrannical government but the reality is we've been engaged in this practice for almost a century.

>God there's a lot of stupid shit to unpack here.
Your reading comprehension fails again. The comparison was simply to highlight a method in which state and federal governments utilize preventative methods to make committing illegal acts more difficult. The comparison isn't meant to compare the prevalence of gun crime to night crime - merely an avatar for risk assessment. Just because something is illegal doesn't mean that building roadblocks to impede an individual's ability to effectively commit said crime isn't a good idea. Every time I bring this up you fail to address this sole concept and instead strawman me with some ridiculous thing I never said.

>States with heavier knife regulations on average have more violent crime and stabbing than states that don't
Gonna need a citation on that, bud.
>>
>>440124
>You're trying to portray gun legislation as an ineffective monolith of a tyrannical government but the reality is we've been engaged in this practice for almost a century.
And it's been completely ineffective for just as long.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-used-to-think-gun-control-was-the-answer-my-research-told-me-otherwise/2017/10/03/d33edca6-a851-11e7-92d1-58c702d2d975_story.html?utm_term=.015bad04459f
https://www.quora.com/How-is-gun-control-ineffective
https://abovethelaw.com/2018/10/gun-control-policies-have-been-destructive-ineffective-and-unnecessary/

>The comparison was simply to highlight a method in which state and federal governments utilize preventative methods to make committing illegal acts more difficult.
This is where you prove that these laws did in fact make it more difficult- I.E- reduced the amount of stabbings.

>Just because something is illegal doesn't mean that building roadblocks to impede an individual's ability to effectively commit said crime isn't a good idea.
It does when it means infringing on the rights of people who have done nothing wrong. Collective punishment is a fascist concept.

>Every time I bring this up you fail to address this sole concept and instead strawman me with some ridiculous thing I never said.
I'm taking your own logic to it's inevitable conclusion, and also poking fun at at the insane response you people have to these incidents that results in your playing the same blame game over and voer and over while the problem continues to get worse. "Blame guns, do nothing effective, problem gets worse, blame guns, do nothing effective, problem gets worse", ad nauseum

>Gonna need a citation on that, bud.
You first, kiddo.
>>
>>440114
>So we should make the gun-free zone signs bigger?
Yup. One about 3.8 million mi^2 would be ideal.
>>
>>440150
Good idea. After all, it worked with drugs!
>>
Would it really be that bad just to get rid of all guns?
>>
>>440157
If only there were other countries with other laws on gun to compare with. That’s clearly impossible though.
>>
>>440162
>If only there were other countries with other laws on gun to compare with. That’s clearly impossible though.
No actually, we can even compare US states with varying gun regulations, and we can see that states with higher regulations also have higher amounts of crime, including gun crime. The problem is that every time a certain group's rhetoric gets shot down, the topic suddenly stops being so hot-button.
>>
>>440144
>And it's been completely ineffective for just as long.
"gun control" is a very vague term, anon. What "gun control" are you specifically referring to? Universal background checks? Magazine capacity limits? To say you're for or against "gun control" is a vastly over-simplistic approach to a very nuanced topic.

>This is where you prove that these laws did in fact make it more difficult- I.E- reduced the amount of stabbings.
You're asking for hypothetical statistics, anon, did you know that? Not allowing the general public access to hand grenades has surely prevented a number of hand grenade deaths but I don't have any hypothetical statistics that show as such. You're trying to hit me with these "gotcha" strawmen concerning statements I never made. I never once advocated for any specific method of gun control, I merely stated that the government taking steps to negate possible public safety risks isn't a new concept. Whether or not specific legislation is effective is a whole different, much more detailed conversation.

>Collective punishment is a fascist concept.
Your logic, again, doesn't hold up. By your logic then every single piece of legislation meant to address public safety is fascist collective punishment. Do you agree that private citizens should have access to C4 explosives? This is the same concept. By denying me my right to own C4 my rights have been infringed on even though I've done nothing wrong, correct? This is your logic at work here.

>I'm taking your own logic to it's inevitable conclusion
misrepresenting the inherent premise of my statements by claiming I said things that I've never actually said and inventing my opinions for me i.e. strawmanning.

>You first, kiddo.
Nope, you made the claim so its your job to back it up. You claimed states with heavier knife restrictions have more violent crime. You said, you prove it.
>>
>>440165
No rally let’s compare with other countries. Are you afraid to do this anon?
>>
>>440169
>Are you afraid to do this anon?
Depends, are you afraid to to compare states?

Also, are you angry right now?
>>
>>440169
*really
>>
>>440170
I don’t really care about state comparisons. A citizen from California fan drive to Nevada and buy an AR with no problem. So the comparison is irrelevant.
Now, care to look at something that matters?
>>
>>440162
You could, but then you would soon discover that it becomes a question of foreign population size relative to the US.
>>
>>440175
It does not.
>>
>>440166
>"gun control" is a very vague term, anon.
You clearly had a specific definition when you referred to it being in practice for over a century.
Are you familiar with the term "sea lioning"?

>You're asking for hypothetical statistics, anon, did you know that?
No, your argument was that there was "a reason" laws like this were enacted. What was the reason and where's the proof for it?

>By your logic then every single piece of legislation meant to address public safety is fascist collective punishment.
Correct.
>Do you agree that private citizens should have access to C4 explosives?
Yes.
>By denying me my right to own C4 my rights have been infringed on even though I've done nothing wrong, correct? This is your logic at work here.
Again, correct. This is where you back-peddle further and make an argument about the infringement being necessary for one reason or another, right?

>misrepresenting the inherent premise of my statements by claiming I said things that I've never actually said
If you keep this up you might be able to use this tactic to move your position into and entirely new argument, like a spider molting out of its old shell.

>Nope, you made the claim so its your job to back it up.
No see, the original claim started with you anon. You argued that these laws were in place and have been in practice because they effectively did something.
>>440102
>For example, stabbing people is illegal but most states still decided to outlaw spring-loaded ballistic knives and knives over certain lengths because there's no reason why we shouldn't make stabbing someone a more difficult task.

>>440177
It absolutely does.
>>
>>440179
It in now way does. But if that lie helps you sleep at night then whatever.
>>
>>440181
It does. If you combined the population of Great Britain, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Japan and Australia you would roughly get the same number of people that are currently living in the United States.

Now, if you combined the annual gun deaths of all those countries and compared them with the US, the US would outweigh them all greatly by about 37k+. At which point it becomes a question of whether or not American's are simply more violent by nature. But if you look at murder rate statistics, then the US is actually LESS violent than all of those countries combined. We simply have more guns than our neighbors.
>>
>>440230
But you do not need to add states together. Simply do the comparison relative to the other countries pop. It’s not rocket science.
But yes, when you do you find the shocking truth that having lots of guns means lots more dead people.
>>
>>440230
It's really unfair to throw Great Britain in there. The way things keep going, they're going to have to ban pens and pencils to keep the London murder rate comparable to NYC. Or figure out that banning shit doesn't fix social issues.
>>
Jesus titty fucking Christ, look at the nose on that whale on the right, and I thought I had a huge nose.
>>
>>440230
fake news
>>
>>440042
>440042
I disagree. If a few billionaires or important politicians get killed there will be change. The people in charge have huge security details. They like us being armed because mass shootings justify the police state, boost sales for weapons manufacturers, and make the Republican voter base feel like they are in control.

Not recommending anyone kill those people; strikes and boycotts would be more effective, but someone like Hinckley may try.
>>
>>440387

Some days I wonder what the reaction to an NRA bigwig getting gunned down would be
>>
>>440056
It is a strawman. Moved down here to Texas and I've actually grown to be anti-gun. Not because I have liberal/democrat views, not because of the tragedies over the years, but because of -these- gun nut people.

>Hurrdurr gun control fuck gun control, we have enough gun control
>The guns you can access right now are acceptable
>We follow the law here! And we use legal wepaons while those homicidal maniacs get their guns from the blackmarket, so banning guns would only hurt us!
>if we lose our guns how do we protect ourselves from the government, because we still think it's the 19th fucking century and a militia force of untrained civilians can take on a military with its logistics, training, and available hardware.
I think what pisses me off most, however, is that always, ALWAYS, WITHOUT FUCKING FAIL, a conversation where they mention gun rights and follow the law... then some fucker starts talking about his kick ass suped-up AR-15 with illegal parts to make it more powerful/accurate/full-auto. Shit, I've seen more drummags than fucking standard magazines since moving down here.
>>
>>440159
Yes.
>>
>>440399
> then some fucker starts talking about his kick ass suped-up AR-15 with illegal parts to make it more powerful/accurate/full-auto. Shit, I've seen more drummags than fucking standard magazines since moving down here.
This is actually why you're never going to pass gun control. The problem is that you don't understand how guns work. You don't get if these mods are actually illegal or what 'illegal parts' entail, you just see a culture you're not a part of and despise it purely because it's something you don't understand.

Which is fine, I don't get it either. I have no idea what any of the culture is about- But these aren't the people going on mass shootings and trying to crush them because they follow a hobby and you don't is insanely childish and furthermore: completely undermines the calls to create sane gun reform by being uneducated on the matter in the first place.
>>
>>440387
>Not recommending anyone kill those people; strikes and boycotts would be more effective
You're incorrect. Strikes and Boycotts do not, and cannot affect the billionaire class because we live in a captive market where the majority of them create wealth through pure existence.
Neither can guns, ironically. They have more and more security and political interests than you do.

>>440394
The reaction would be Trump winning 2020, which is why no one is going to do it.
>>
>>440028
>>440042
this is the price of freedom. if you commie bastards dont like it, then get the hell out my country!
>>
>>440453
This but unironically.
>>
>>440042
Damn straight

Even if these shootings were a price.
They are all caused by gun contro, these shootings are gun control protests plain and simple. If there were no hope of gun control and no traitors in office waiting to change laws they wouldn't happen.
>>
>>440157
If pro habition does for guns what it did for alcohol I'm switching sides and calling for a total ban.

<insert white lightning pic>
>>
>>440472
>gun control protests
top kek
>>
It's people who feel insecure. Whatever the reason might be. They can fix it or at least deal with it. They refuse because it's a lot of work and refuse to admit they have an issue. They get radicalized in some form. They give up. Think they'll become a hero for doing the right thing and helping whatever propaganda radicalized them.

Doesn't matter if it's a religion or whatever else it will be. Hate yourself. Find something you can blame it on. Fix the issue. This is why Hitler hated the Jewish people so much. He needed someone to blame. He even did whatever his father didn't like just to spite him.
>>
>>440399
>Moved down here to Texas
You have to go back.
>>
>>440576
You need to go back.
>>
>>440028
If the world goes back to stone age, will mass shootings turn to mass clubbings?
>>
>>440105
You're more likely to get killed by your own mother than by a mass shooter. Common sense parent legislation when?
>>
>>440179
>Private citizens should have access to C4
Unrestricted access? As in, my 9 year old should be able to pick up a 12-pack of claymores from Walmart?
>>
Gun control does not help
>>
>>440647
Says the only country where mass shootings are an issue
>>
>>440028
It's the extent of escapist entertainment young, socially isolated males have access to. Whereas in the past they would have been forced to face the world out of boredom, the drip feed of vidya, anime, netflix, and shallow social media interaction keeps them in their shells until the point of no return.
>>
>>440592
It's almost impossible to kill 58 people and injure 400 more with just a club. An old man with a gun can do it in just a few minutes
>>
>>440645
>You can do that just as well with a bolt-action rifle with a 5 round magazine.
Bullshit.
>>
>>440647
Nuking the entire world helps.
>>
>>440650
Reality check. No one gives a fuck about the mental health of the wastes of human resource who shoot people for no reason. They can off themselves. Neither I nor anyone else will care.
The goal is to limit the amount of harm they can do to other productive members of society. The easiest way to do this is to outlaw guns.
Your suggestion that "media I don't like causes gun violence" is a tired case with no empirical evidence to support it, and should be relegated to the garbage bin like the rest of the neo-con drivel which has saturated political discourse for the last 40 years.
>>
>>440661
You wound me friend but I suppose I deserve it for not clarifying. I wasn't speaking specifically about the gun issue, just spit balling about why young men are able to go so far into isolation.
>>
>>440673
>I...I wasn't talking about gun issues!
In response to thread titled, "Study on Mass Shootings". Right.

>>440690
You are pretending like the constitution is immutable. It's not. This seems to have been lost on you.
>>
>>440028
>https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2019-08-04/el-paso-dayton-gilroy-mass-shooters-data
Honestly kind of a shit article. Doesn't even address factors such as fractionalization of society, the fact that all of these people are on mind altering substances, and also the fact that the reason that the FBI always says that they were monitoring the shooter is because they were the ones who generally spur them on in undercover online communications in the hopes that they'll write some incriminating shit & they'll be able to catch them before they actually go through it. (Don't believe me, read this: https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/11/29/politics/aby-rayyan-fbi-terror-sting-pizza-man/index.html)
>>
>>440659
>Well I have to assume you've never owned a rifle and have never spent any time at a gun range with one.

You're literally pretending that a bolt action that holds five rounds is as effective as a semi-auto with a box magazine. Do you see how fucking stupid that is, even for you Mr. mad minute champion elite ironsight sniper? I know you're just reflexively defending guns but come the fuck on dude.
>>
>>440659
You don't need to be accurate when doing mass shootings. You're basically just magdumping into a flesh pile. I bet you $5 I can dump my 100 round drum faster than you can get 100 rounds through your bolt action

Also
>I can shoot 5 rounds in 4 seconds with deadly accuracy at 100 yards
Mk
>>
>>440699
After all the news of federal monitoring and spying of online communities including this one, I’m starting to wonder if these acts are false flags to erode our rights, liberties, powers, and freedoms. How are unarmed civilians able to protect themselves from authoritarian and tyrannical oppressive regimes?
>>
>>440690
>New York's gun registry is technically a felony crime
Hey there mister state house !! I arrest you feloniously stop Right there mister this here is Citizens Legal wisdom
>lol stfu dude
you are clearly a lay man and retarded but thanks for trying
>>
>>440058
What is a weapon and what isn't? I surely could kill more than 10 people with my whaling harpoon, and that thing was homemade. Also if we are closing down pol we should destroy the other extremists echo chambers to be fair.
>>
>>440736
tried what ?
>feel free to explain
how it makes sense to charge a legislative body with a felony ...
>how fat mutted up and kiked.com do you have to be to open your mouth and smugly say some stupid shit like that

this is what admiring HIGH IQ jews leads to
>>
What Britain did after Dunblane.

A total ban on guns won't kill you, Murrican't.
>>
>>440756
Yeah, but it will turn us into a gay rainy island.
>>
>>440757
>it will turn us into a gay rainy island
...with no murders

Better to be gay & wet than dead, bro
>>
>>440159
the right to own guns is basically the right to self-government. who in their right mind would strip their own rights to stop the statistical anomaly of legally obtained firearms being used in mass shootings?
>>
>>440661
>No one gives a fuck about the mental health of the wastes of human resource who shoot people for no reason.
It's not for "no reason", shithead. You're not helping AT ALL.
>>
>>440028
Fuck the LA Slimes and fuck you.
>>
>>440735
>Is a whaling harpoon a weapon?
Yes, Patrick. A whaling harpoon is a weapon.

A grenade is also a weapon.
>>
>the right to own guns is basically the right to self-government
>basically
So in other words, not at all.

>>440795
>I think at the core of the matter these people don't trust themselves and want their rights restricted.
No, Freud, you got it all wrong again. The core is that people don't trust the other people who have guns because they kill people. And there's a reason to trust them even less because mass murders and gun terrorism are on the rise.
>>
>>440781
Well I don't think you get my point. Take all the guns and people with the desire to kill are just going to find a different way, such as whaling harpoons. Perhaps we should focus on why they have a desire to kill and approach the problem that way sponge bob.
>>
>>440761
>better to be gay
Nah, I'd rather get shot and possibly go to heaven than get shot and go to hell if you catch my drift.
>>
>>440809
I'd rather get shot and become a ghost so that I could continue to torment my killer and drove him to suicide.
>>
>>440735
>Also if we are closing down pol we should destroy the other extremists echo chambers to be fair.
Yes! Now you are getting it.
>>
Why do these violent events always turn into hostile and confrontational disputes, rather than honest discussion and dialogue on what causes them and truthful solutions on how to stop them?
>>
>>440773
Dipshit. Not liking brown people is not a reason to shoot someone.
>>
>>440818
So you agree that reddit/twitter should be closed?
>>
>>440848
Replace Reddit with Facebook and Instagram
>>
>>440846

"They can kill one another for all I care." That's the mentally of a government official. And so it serves no purpose to debate on solutions when the deciding parties can care the hell less. This nation began with fucking over a king and stealing his deed with violence. So it started with violence and will continue to do so until another government overpowers this one. And I'm not talking about some inbred paranoia militia. Those people are a bigger joke than radical Islamics which we haven't heard about in some time now. Where Are They Now? Kek, there never was a they.
>>
>>440761
>better to live gay and wet than die straight and dry
I disagree
>>
>>440856
I think those sites ought to go as well chap!
>>
>>440846
Because we're past the point of being shocked by them happening and are now using them as political tools to fling shit at one another.

This one should be a real eye-opener for people because two attacks happened in the same day from people who were on opposite ends of the political spectrum. Instead of trying to find an underlying motive behind both, people are instead screaming about muh right wing or muh antifa instead of the core issue.

I think the media is to blame for this. They've become vultures who immediately glorify any mass shooter and saturate the airwaves with worshiping these mass shooters and projecting their political ideologies.
>>
>>440848
If they are allowing hate speech, left or right, then absolutely. I am not familiar with cases of either doing that but I don’t use them so that’s unknown to me.
>>
>>440938
>>440938
Meh, as much as I agree that they are part of the problem, I don't like the idea of simply putting a lid on the pressure cooker until it explodes in some other fashion.

Even the extremists on the right and left have legitimate concerns. If you just ignore half the nation by lumping them in with one or the other, while trying to legislate them out of existence, after awhile, you end up with extremists willing to appeal to their concerns in the most extreme way, in power - be they Hitlers or Stalins.

Hiding the problem does not make it go away.
>>
>>440579
No, I really insist. Take your limp-wristed, bike path using, free shit demanding, regulation insisting, coastal shit back to whatever hive which you can't afford to fuck up because the cost of living exceeded what your barista salary could manage.
>>
>>440694
>You are pretending like the constitution is immutable. It's not.
Cool. Let's get that Constitutional convention going. There's a few more things I'd like to get in there. Mostly additional protections of individual rights, stripping of assumed Federal powers by removing the commerce clause, and a requirement for a balanced budget.
If you thought you liked the electoral college, you're gonna love the amendment process!
>>
>>440661
>The goal is to limit the amount of harm they can do to other productive members of society. The easiest way to do this is to outlaw guns.
There easiest way to deliver cost effective health care is to euthanize the chronically ill.
Expedience should not and cannot be the principle basis of policy in a just system.
>>
>>440979
No. You need to go back. You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As they say in Texas. I’ll bet you couldn’t pour !@#$ out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won’t go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you.
You’re a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.
You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.
I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformation. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?
Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.
You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs.
You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You’re a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won’t have sex with you.
>>
>>440807
If we restrict the public to whale harpoons, then the only person at risk will be your mother.

In all seriousness, events like the Las Vegas shooting wouldn't be possible with a harpoon gun. You might be able to carry what? 10 harpoons max? Maybe 15 if you have some sort of giant harpoon quiver

Even still, any sane person would just tackle you while you're busy reloading
>>
>>441005
Copypasta. So you're a lazy, thieving shit too.
>>
>>441013
>copypasta
On my Burundian camel racing forum? Abomination!
>>
>Daddy government, please disarm me! I need you big strong hands all over my liberty uwu
>>
>>441011
Again your not addressing the cause for the violence, only the way the individual decide to bring the violence. Take away my whale spear and I guess I have too resort to my seal club.
>>
>>440976
Totally agree, the ban list would be never ending.
>>
>>440976
You can change moderation standards. Somehow CP is no longer a thing on /b/, maybe you were not around when it was?
>>
>>441001
T
>>
>>441001
>>441048
The constitution is not a suicide pact. Not necessarily talking about government overreaching here, but we shouldn’t be bound by the Constitution to the bitter end - or at the very least the second amendment, which was more appropriate centuries ago and not so much today. Otherwise you’d be slaying each other on the streets in the name of the 2nd, just as you are today...oops
>>
>>440092
This, all shooters were frustrated with low reddit/twitter/fb karma/likes, the true driver behind these actions. Here, there is always the expectation of zero "karma", and people calling you retarded faggot, so it eliminates the evil and builds fortified hearts that can take the whole world without flinching like bitches. 4chan/nel is the true healing medicine for souls.
>>
>>441054
>which was more appropriate centuries ago
Resistance to tyranny never goes out of style.
>>
>>441099
This.
>>
Gun nuts are getting annoying
>>
>>440032
if the problem is semi-autos then shouldn't there be a mass shooting every hour with the amount of guns in circulation?
>>
>>441112
SHALL
>>
>>441147
If the problem is semi-autos then it sure is a shame that the BATFE did that gun walking bullshit and now nobody trusts their pronouncements or statistics anymore. If they had just interdicted existing criminal activity instead of getting caught trying to create fake gun smuggling then make people would still trust the BATFE and they wouldn't have to change their name every couple years to try and distance themselves from past crimes.
>>
>>441112
Well, it is the in the Constitution as the final check and balance against abuse of power - and nearly all the other checks and balances have been removed: The POTUS can effectively declare war without congressional approval, can practically legislate with executive orders, can declare national emergencies to fund things, robbing congress of the power of the purse. SCOTUS declared that they are no longer a check and balance against abuse of power, when they let gerrymandering go. Even regulatory agencies today are regularlly subverted to undermine the very regulations they are obligated to defend.

Granted, when SCOTUS extended the limitation of the 2nd amendment to the states through the 14th amendment, in 2010, they also declared the 2nd amendment "defunct" as a check against tyranny. When the "originalist" Scalia wrote his majority opinion, he legally changed its definition to only apply to self defense. So, legally, at least, that check has been removed as well.

...And as more and more power falls into the hands of private corporations, there's almost no legal checks against tyranny left, only motivational ones.

So, you can see why certain groups are concerned over having their guns taken away as a mechanism against tyranny. It's not that most think they can win against the might of the US military, but they don't have to, only requiring the intimidation value to keep the heads of the snake in check.

One could argue it is clearly not working, but it maybe part of what ensures the degradation of rights and increase of corruption at least remains a slow process, rather than an all-at-once thing.
>>
>>440028
The real reason for mass shooters is simple. America is turning into a shityard run by shitty rich shits, shitty sjw/liberal trash, and criminals who get a free pass on the basis that they aren't white.

Solution...the ONLY truly effective solution...is sadly the execution of all these criminals by law enforcement. ...but our law enforcement is owned, operated, and manned by yet more criminals. This creates a hopeless situation that makes a lot of decent people very angry.

They then fantasize about fixing the problem, then actually follow through in the most foolish manner possible. ...by becoming mass shooters. ...but only because the rest of you are too cowardly to take legal action and fight all the corruption.

By virtue of your cowardice, you contribute to the problem.
>>
I read the article
basically,
>Lets drive a wedge between a potential shooter (as determined by these definitions and parameters we laid out) and push him further away from society.
>Lets not try and help these people in the beginning even before they have the vaguest idea of shooting anything for that matter.
>Lets force homosexuality, transgenderism, feminism, race-mixing and white guilt down their throats so that they become more tolerant and permissive of our behavior.
fuck them
>>
>>441291
oh yes,
and
>Lets make sure we turn our country into even more of a surveillance state
>>
How about deploying more police officers on the street? Set up police snipers on every possible vantage point? Recruit more police officers?
>>
>>441297
Oh yeah, that'll go well and in no way raise the stress levels. (Please tell me this was sarcasm, it's hard to tell around here.)
>>
>>441301
No, I'm serious. The more police officers on the field, the less time it takes for mass murderers to be neutralized.
>>
>>441303
Wow... I'd much rather deal with the cultural tendencies that lead to it, than try to cover the whole thing up by putting snipers on every rooftop and living under even more of an authoritarian police state than we already do. I mean, it'd work, but in addition to being miserable, would likely lead to all the anger boiling over in entirely different ways, that'd potentially be much worse. Think I'd rather just deal with the occasional mass murder, even if it was one or two every day, like it was a few days ago.
>>
>>440652
>>
>>440703
Charles Whitman begs to differ.
Though he probably would have killed more with something semi auto like a Dragonov.
>>
>>441316
There are far far fewer actual trained marksmen relative to your average 19 yo.
Making the latter as deadly as the former does make more women and children dead.
>>
>>441031
And then you need more even timemore time to cause lethal wounds. You are not wrong - the best thing is to remove reasons for murder. But making it harder to kill people means less extreme outcomes or less frequently extreme outcomes.
>>
>>441303
Then the right to own weapons liberally becomes obsolute as there is nothing meaningful to do with them. And that is also something people want - the sense of being able to resist a potentially oppressive governing structure. I don't think you need guns to do that nowadays but I understand the desire.
>>
>>441497
You always need guns to resist a tyrannical government. You think that you can actually resist the government peacefully every time?

Not only that but firearms are necessary to protect ones person, family and property. Cops have no duty to protect you and are also not always close by. I’d rather a very very small percentage of people die each year than for everyone to be absolutely toothless in the face of criminals and tyrants.
>>
>>441515
>resist a tyrannical government
Probably true in the 19th century. I cannot see situations were it would apply in 21st century america.
>home defense
Does not require an AK or AR.
>>
>>441520
>Probably true in the 19th century.
China is literally right over there.
>>
>>441515
>Cops have no duty to protect you and are also not always close by.
Don't they have to protect life? That sounds like such an fundamental purpose of a police that I can't imagine them not being bound by law to intervene and be allowed to violate laws protecting lower goods in order to save higher ones (f.e. policemen may trespass or break a door in order to rescue someone).
>I’d rather a very very small percentage of people die each year than for everyone to be absolutely toothless in the face of criminals and tyrants
The government has the strongest weaponry which it also needs to maintain its rulership. It can bomb or drone its own people and deweaponise everyone by force. That said, I veer towards believing that a third option exists where neither is the case. I don't think I tell you anything new by pointing on other countries or make up a hypothetical scenario of how I imagine getting there may look like. Which brings me to your firsrt point:
>You think that you can actually resist the government peacefully every time?
I don't know where you draw the line between peaceful and violent. But I do think that a state can be made so dependent on its citizens' obedience that it cannot ensure its existence through threat of physical harm. One way is mutually assured collapse, it works the other direction as well. And I think this is the case already, and that the issue is a mixture of guns being used to often without it doing anything of value, the lack of non-violent leverage against the governing system, and fear of people turning crazy against their own interests when most of the time this simply does not happen.
I don't know what the fuck to do, but I can tell you that when I go out, I don't worry about being killed, and I don't worry that, as things stand, the fire squads might take me tomorrow.
>>
>>441537
Another point would be practical considerations. While I find it retarded that Black Science Man and others pick up that argument everytime someone dies to gun - because it presupposes that homicides in any quantity are as unpreventable as people dying to diseases in any quantity - I think it cuts both ways: The likelihood of someone shooting up your local walmart while you are in it is so low that it probably doesn't matter anyway if you are prepared. Your government becoming tyrannic is much more likely but you are not the only one responsible for when it happens, and then it could be argued that it is outside of your power to prevent it in the first place. That's not how I feel you get anywhere when arguing about this, though.
>>
>>440028
Mass shootings happen because people have no connection to society.
>>
>>441099
Except for when it sidesteps the constitution entirely.
See: Sedition and Espionage Acts
Acts of war without congressional approval
>>
>>442344
The Federal Government figured out a long time ago no one put other political members will hold it responsible for anything. The Constitution means fuck all if most members choose to ignore violations. They don't even need something like a constitutional convention to dick around excessively now.
>>
>>440028
>study
>opinion
>>
>>441551
What about China anon?
>>
>>442344
>Acts of war without congressional approval
*cough* >>441159
That hasn't been a thing since the Vietnam war. The president can commit any act of war he wishes, for 90 days, and even fund it, before congress gets any say. By that time, it's political suicide to yank the carpet out from under the young men fighting a full blown war already in progress. This is in addition to an unwritten rule to support the president in times of war, so congress, while it occasionally preemptively legislates against one via neutrality acts, hasn't stopped a single presidential military action since Taft was in office in the early 1900's, and has never successfully opposed a violation of the War Powers Act.

>>441593 is right, in that the constitution has had more holes shot in it than any piece of paper on any target range. This is done largely by people deciding it's not their job to defend it, whenever not doing so favors "their guy" - consequences of the fact that it'll eventually favor their opponents be damned. As the party's power increasingly becomes more important than that of the nation's well being, this tendency only increases.
>>
where are the good guys with guns I always hear NRAfags masturbate about?
>>
>>440576
>>440579
>>440979
Spotted the Poor White Trash in the thread
>>
>>441005
hahahaha
>>
>>443267
spotted the faggot scared the government wont pay for his AIDS meds
>>
>>440124
So, what's the efficacy?
Was the bumpstock ban able to stop another mass shooting?
How many lives did it save? And what was the cost in terms of liberty?
>>
Why did this two week old thread get bumped? Is the spammer back again?
>>
>>445667
the poor like you should fear the rich, now get back to work little serf
>>
>>440056
It's been looked into
Tighter gun laws have not correlated with less mass shootings in the US
the one thing that has correlated
With mass shootings is media coverage.
>>
>>446083
Why would anyone claim that gun laws by state matter?
If you want a gun and live in a strict state you just drive to a gun show in another state and buy your guns. These terrorists know this. Therefore, no correlation would be expected.
>>
Would there be an outcry if you killed everyone in Congress and started out with regular hard working class Americans. OOPS! Left out Democrates.
>>
How many mass shootings guns were purchased at gun shows versus legally purchased at gun shops. How many mass shootings were caused by Democrats versus Republican.
>>
>>440032
>80% of guns used in shootings owned by family, legally.
>workplace shootings use legally acquired guns often owned by said perpetrator; ie. they bought the gun completely legally.

huh turns out when Ireland or Australia do gun control it seems ay okay.
>>
>>446135
So it’s like a whole country has to do it. Man, that almost makes sense.
>>
What causes mass shootings is gun free zones
>>
>>446154
So basically what you're saying is you know absolutely nothing about guns other than what you read on the Facebook comment section of Breitbart videos?
>>
>>446154
I thought it was guns
Bigthonk.jpg
>>
>>446185
>>446158
Why don't we just have murder free zones?
>>
>>446088
And when guns are totally illegal, these psychos won't just go to Chicago and buy a grease gun from Jamal in one of the neighborhoods police don't dare drive through because they'll get fucking murdered?
I'm guessing you're thinking "but that would take a lot of effort!". Well no shit, but so is driving to a "gun show" in another state and finding some asshole who will sell you a gun without going through a dealer. You'd expect at least SOME difference when applying strict gun laws, but there isn't any. Literally no correlation between the before and after. Go to NH or VT where there are almost no regulations outside federal ones, and enjoy the lowest murder rate in the country. Lower than most EU countries, even! Go down just a little to MA and the murder rate is double or triple some years, even though they have strict gun laws. Go to DC and enjoy some of the strictest gun laws, and one of the highest murder rates.
Just no correlation. Murder is related to culture, not the available tools.
>>
>>446135
>Ireland
You really want to cite Ireland in an argument about resistance to tyranny?
>>
>>440399
You sound like a faggot and have no idea what you are talking about
>>
>>440661
>The easiest way to do this is to outlaw guns.
That won't change anything but make millions of Americans criminals and starting a civil conflict you fucking retard
>>
>>440761
>>440756
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england-london-43610936
>>
>>441587
>The government has the strongest weaponry which it also needs to maintain its rulership. It can bomb or drone its own people and deweaponise everyone by force.

Lmao no if you bomb your own country folk you're pretty much fucked as a government
>>
>>446233
>What if space aliens.
You can what if whatever you want. The Irish and Brits and Germans are literally our cultural fore-bearers - so why don’t they have mass shootings? Shockingly, when people do not have easy access to guns there are far far fewer mass shootings.
>But gun laws should show something
Again, not when mass shooters have easy access to gun shows. It’s a federal problem and will end up with a federal answer.
>>
>>446363
>bomb or drone its own people
That doesn't work.
>>
>>446191
We do. Everywhere considering murder is illegal regardless of place - with some exceptions maybe (war zones?).
>>
>>446384
>>What if space aliens
lmao what the fuck are you on? I just extended the concept of people from nogunz states driving to hasgunz states. The US is big, and there are places that are Venezuela-tier where you can get whatever you want.
>The Irish and Brits and Germans are literally our cultural fore-bearers - so why don’t they have mass shootings?
NH and VT are literally IN the US right now and they're jam packed with guns. Why don't they have mass shootings (or basically any shootings or murder in general).
Culture. Nobody in those states hates their fellow man enough to gun down random people.
>gun shows
Aren't what you think they are. Dealers still need to do background checks and abide by all other laws. People selling guns at a booth are dealers. If you're not a dealer and you do that, the ATF will shoot your dog. You might be able to find a rando to sell you his gun, but you can do the same thing in any poor city neighborhood. Gun shows are a meme.
Also mass shootings are a meme, literally they don't show up at 0.01% on national murder statistics. Also it's easier to kill people with five gallons of gas or some fertilizer and oil. This whole conversation is retarded. The focus should be on how the fuck we cure the cultural issue of people hating each other in the US. Social trust is at an all time low.
>>
>>440144
And that is why in every other country Ith strict gun control we have the same rate of mass shooting... Or not.
>France
>UK
>Italy....
>>
>>446352
It won't even do that. Lets say there were veto proof margins in both houses and a White House in favor of gun control, what could they realistically do? The last time gun control wasn't radioactive at the federal level the only thing that could pass was a fairly narrow ban on new sales of a class of weapons that were unpopular at the time with a sunset clause.

What do they have today? A whole lot less. New handgun regulations are pretty much off the table thanks to Heller and McDonald and any reasonable strategist recognizes that an attempt to change that situation is handing a conservative SCOTUS and easy victory. That leaves long guns, but even very blue states have enough hunters and recreation shooters that we're not going to see manual action or single shot weapons on the menu. Their only real swing is for semi-automatic rifles and shot guns. Thing is, nobody knows how many there are, who has them, or where they might be and institutional memory in the civil services is long enough to remember the 90s.

When it comes to regulation of actual arms, what we're really talking about is a ban on the transfer of new semiautomatic rifles and shotguns with everything already in circulation grandfathered in. Even if the inevitable court case was lost (which ain't happening with Kennedy gone) all that can possibly be accomplished is a pause on new sales lasting less than a generation.

Also, if anything was passed you can bet your ass 80% lowers are going to become the new rage for even very mainstream gun owners within a year.

Nobody is being made into a criminal. That fight was over a generation ago.
>>
>>446394
Europe is big anon. They have legit Venezuela states.
Relative to the US they have vanishingly small numbers of mass shootings.
Why is that anon?
>any answer other than strict gun laws
You are wrong.
>it’s hard to buy a gun at a gun show, strict licensing
I am guessing you have never been. I have. Don’t go to the big dealers and there are plenty.
>Also mass shootings are a meme blah blah
Wrong. They are terrorists and you don’t need some big % of casualties. You just need terror.
>>
>>446441
>Don’t go to the big dealers and there are plenty.

So what you're saying is that you're not really talking about closing the gun show loophole so much as banning private transfers?
>>
>>446441
French here. To buy a weapon, you first need a license (quite easy, just be part of the local shooting range club or Hunt club) then you have to register the gun to the "prefet" (the local gov representative). It has to be mentioned that semi automatic and automatic are classified as weapons of war and are not sold. Also, you have to explain how you dismember the gun at home to avoid incident.
>But I can't protect my home.
Buy a dog. My Deutsch Shepard is adorable and work very well. Or simply invest in an alarm security or anything else.
>But bad guys will still buy it
Yes but it will be harder for them.
>But it is mental illness that is the problem
Then forbid them to buy or possess gun. They forbid them to have any kind of weapon in asyleum !
>But gun are a natural right
I'm pretty sure we existed before guns. Therefore it is not an inherent right for mankind.
>But if I have a gun I can defend myself against my tyrannical government unlike the European who are under the UE police force !
First off, there is no eu police force.
Second : sure Billy. See how many minute you hold against a Navy Seal. For having seen a "legionnaire" in action, I presume you won't fare well.
>But we have so many gun already in the country.
Sure, but it is not because there is fire in a forest that the solution is to put more gasoline next to the fire !
Try to limit the problem. Like... Authorize people who have a good understanding of the weapon and training to own military guns (much like Swiss)
>>
>>446448
And god, if you need a war weapon to hunt you are clearly doing it wrong.
>But there isn't any correlation between strict gun restrictions and decrease mass shooting.
Except in Australia and pretty much the whole EU.
>But mass shooter are stopped by people with guns!
More exactly, by policemen with guns. Not civilian. Yes there were some case of a "hero" stopping the shooting. Around 6 for 250 mass shooting. Pretty sure it is lower than 3%
>But with a knife he can kill too
Except he would be way less efficient in his killing. It is also way easier for a bystander to stop an asshole with a knife than with a gun.
>>
>>446451
>policemen with guns
https://abcnews.go.com/US/empire-state-building-shooting-nypd-gunfire-wounded-victims/story?id=17078377
>>
>>446448
>Buy a dog. My Deutsch Shepard is adorable and work very well. Or simply invest in an alarm security or anything else.

Thing is, thats not how the US works. I don't mean to say we're tougher or anything like that, but we have a strong tradition of self-help built into the law. I live in the most left-leaning city of one of the most left-leaning states in the country and it would be perfectly legal for me to shoot and kill someone guilty of trespassing in a occupied dwelling without warning and without them doing anything beyond being where they aren't supposed to. Our fundamental understanding of response to crime is rooted in ready access to firearms.
>>
>>446452
... There is still 97% of the mass shooter that are stopped by cops you know. One fuck up is not a constant.

>>446453
And that worked so well in your society. Don't get me wrong but police are here for a reason. While in the earlier stage of its story, US had a reason to give weapon to its citizen to defend themselves as the arm of the law was not close enough... You are not in the far west period anymore. Maybe it is time to change, especially if it become retarted that your local madmen can buy a gun much easier than a french mimolette !
>>
>>446441
>They are terrorists and you don’t need some big % of casualties. You just need terror.
Ban box cutters then.
I noticed you didn't mention anything about the obvious counter point I provided, that some large parts of the US have almost no murder, less than 10% of other parts, yet they have the same number of firearms. The weapon most commonly used in murder in the US are blunt instruments. I'm not at all concerned about inconsequential terrorist acts, and nobody else should be either. The biggest terroristic killings in the US weren't done with guns. They were done with bombs and fire. Terrorists do mass killings because they get big attention for little effort. If we paid them no mind, they'd stop. These people are just irl shitposters, and everyone should know you must ignore the troll.

>>446448
Define "weapon of war". Not long ago a mosin nagant was a weapon of war, and an M1 garand was. These are just weapons, and improvements have been made over time.
>Buy a dog
Dogs don't work against niggers with guns. Are you going to take all their guns away? We can't even take their weed away, good fucking luck.
>It will be harder for them
It will be harder for me than it is for them.
>Mental illness
Nah that's a meme. It's education and consistency of culture. The US is so fractured nobody trusts each other outside somewhat isolated communities.
>it is not an inherent right for mankind.
It is. Do you trust the US government to behave itself? I don't. An armed populace is a threat. I assure you, without the 2A the US would be as bad as China.
>See how many minute you hold against a Navy Seal.
Sand niggers in the sandbox seem to do okay, and you neglected to realize that in civil war there will be many defectors from the government's forces.
>>
>>440646
Pretty sure he can pick up acetone, peroxide, and acid at home depot.
>>
>>446465
>Ban box cutters then
They are so banned on airplanes anon. Guess how many box cutting attacks have been done on airplanes since this was implemented.
Nice argument for banning something wouldn’t you say?
>why are there no mass shooting in Vermont
>why you no answer
Because I would have to describe population and relative rates of mass shootings.
Vermont does have mass shootings relative to its population and population density.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.burlingtonfreepress.com/amp/31796559
>biggest incidents used bombs
And law enforcement has developed ways to drastically reduce these. To do this they regulate and track sales of precursors. Not 100% effective but effective. We could regulate Ammo if you like. Only Ammo to use on gun ranges allowed - not 100% effective but effective.
I agree media should not give terrorists air time - but they will.
>>
>>446461
>And that worked so well in your society
Don't compare your society to the US. It's basically impossible to have enough cops to have reasonable response times. The last time I called them, they showed up close to half an hour later. That's no fault of theirs, they had to finish up somewhere and drive 25 km. Europeans often don't realize how expansive the US is and how low the typical population density is. We also have big drug and crime problems because we're glued onto Mexico at the south, and domestic drug production is easy, despite trying really hard to crack down on it. Then there's the white/black problem. Many blacks isolate themselves in a culture of violence. Neighborhoods that cops will get killed in if they go in without basically military force.
>your local madmen can buy a gun much easier than a french mimolette !
You're seeing this news about shootings because they're being used to push an agenda. The real problem isn't rifles of any kind, but small cheap handguns. Saturday night specials, cheaply manufactured and available by the barrel in previously said crime ridden communities.
And even with all this, the US is fairly safe. Outside places like the bad side of Chicago and such, the murder rate is reasonable. NY even had a lower rate of murder than London in 2018! Mass murder isn't something people actually need to worry about.
>>
>>446476
It was a joke. People have accidentally brought knives onto planes plenty of times. I accidentally brought a multitool with a 20cm blade on my carry on luggage once. The TSA is high end security theater that makes everyone's life harder and makes air travel in the US a joke. That was the point, banning didn't do anything except make people feel safer, but we gave up a lot of freedom to get that illusion.
>VT """mass shooting"""
It was done with a bolt action rifle and 4 people were killed? Holy shit ban all guns now!
You can get a higher score with a baseball bat. This guy was targeting specific people. It was not a mass shooting.
>To do this they regulate and track sales of precursors
They do not. Ammonium nitrate is impossible to track due to its widespread agricultural use. Might as well track diesel fuel. Besides, McVeigh stole almost all the materials he needed for the Oklahoma City bombing.
As far as fire, 87 people were killed in the Happy Land fire, which was set by a guy who was just pissed at his gf. The building wasn't up to fire code, but if you disabled a building's sprinkler and blocked exits you could get a similar kill yield in many buildings.
I'm glad these memesters are going the easy route using AR-15s. If they went full jihad mode like McVeigh they could easily do a hundred or more per incident with just a little planning and prep.
>>
>>446451
>Weapons of war to hunt
Lol, you dont know shit. 5.56 is considered good enough for small deer but is used very often for coyotes, hogs, and smaller game. The AR, because of its popularity, has a MASSIVE aftermarket for accesories like no other gun on the planet. So you can easily use an AR for hunting, and you can even tailor it specifically for that. With hogs you absolutely need the big mags. They are completely fucking large swathes of forest and farmland, they need to be massacred when possible. And if they come after you, it's you v. 30-50. But of course this misses the point. It never was and still isn't about "hunting". The 2nd ammendment is about citizens being able to keep weapons of war so they may defend their person and those around them from an aggressor, whether that be another citizen, an invading military, or tyrannical government or sedious forces. Who will probably be using "weapons of war". Turns out you *can't* put the genie back in the bottle. With that there are probably 100,000-200,000 people in the US that use all kinds weapons legally for shooting sports on a very regular basis. You have no concept of the gun community or shooting sports, so of course you'll trample on others rights and recreation because it doesn't affect you... god forbid a massive multimillion dollar media campaign over the course of decades was run against soy lattes.
>Yes police men with guns
You mean the only people who are permitted to carry in most public places, and the only people who can carry socially acceptably?
>Easier for a bystander to stop an asshole with a knife
It would be easy if the bystander had a gun... not so much otherwise. Knife fights are messy things. It's mostly, go for major arteries as fast as possible until someone drops. If you aren't as physically capable or motivated, you will be killed. On the other hand you could pull a 5-6lbs trigger regardless of physical stature or natural aggression in fight or flight scenarios.
>>
>>446507
Based and gunpilled
>>
>>446507
>100,00-200,000
That might be accurate if you are only talking about 2/3-gun, precision shooting, and so on. If you include hunting that figure is probably >10 million.
>>
>>440028
Can someone tl;dr this link?
>>
>>446512
By most estimates, there are more guns than people in the US. Definitely there are more than 10 million owners. It's probably more like 100 million.
>>
>>446528
Well owners != regular shooters. My dad is one of them. I don't think I've seen him go to the range once in my 25 years. I dont get it, you won't be proficient if you ever *need* to use it, and you spent a lot of money on something you could have fun with, but don't... okay.
>>
>>446448
>Second : sure Billy. See how many minute you hold against a Navy Seal. For having seen a "legionnaire" in action, I presume you won't fare well.
Yeah, that's why we kicked ass in the desert and vietnam.
>>
>>446451
>Yes there were some case of a "hero" stopping the shooting. Around 6 for 250 mass shooting. Pretty sure it is lower than 3%
>Shooting happens in a gun free zone
>Oh why wasn't a good guy with a gun there to stop him?
>We should get rid of concealed carry laws because CLEARLY they don't work.
>>
>>446524
Shooters are isolated historically violent and mentally ill. They tend to obsess over other mass shooters. They are typicallu provoked by an event like losing a job or girlfriend. Just before they event they signal hard their frustration and anger.

Oh, and guns are bad and should be regulated.
>>
>>446498
>this one anecdote
And I have had a gerber confiscated. I am also a frequent flyer and know that security is pretty good. I do agree we gave up freedom for that though.
Question unanswered: how many plane stabbings have there been? Answer is zero.
>it was done with a gun
>4 is not enough
4 is a normal cutoff for defining mass shootings anon. And no, you cannot kill as many people as quickly with a baseball bat. Nice try.
>federal and state agencies don’t track ammonium nitrate
They do.
>with planning they could do more
More planning is not how most, most, operate. The Vegas shooter had a looooong fuse. However, most people don’t, they will either suicide or give up on the idea. Reducing access to guns vastly reduces mass shootings/killings. See: Europe.
>>
>>440028
>Blah blah blah ban guns blah blah

Yeah okay whatever. Make any argument you want to, I'm not giving mine up regardless of what laws pass. Good luck getting them.

>tfw California put a limit on how much ammo you can buy and I'm over here reloading my own bullets
>>
>>440174
FFLs don't sell to out of state residents in any state. Just saying.
>>
>>446552
>Reducing access to guns vastly reduces mass shootings/killings. See: Europe
Ehhh, who cares. Violence is violence. Just because more happens in one instance is no matter. Overall violence in white areas in America is on par with Europe, guns or not. Also doesn't explain why there weren't many mass killings with rifles until the 00's after guns had been in existence for hundreds of years, and semi-autos perfected and easily available from WWII on.
>>
>>446552
>how many plane stabbings have there been? Answer is zero.
Like a few, probably. I'm not about to go look it up but it can't be zero. You could always bring a ceramic blade. There are big holes in the security if you think for a few minutes.
>4 is a normal cutoff for defining mass shootings
Four is a retarded cutoff. Mass shootings are about ideology, not the number killed. Although if you kill a dozen, your ideology is probably one of mass murder. I could make a shotgun out of some bits of pipe and kill four people pretty easily. The guy used a fucking bolt action rifle.
>They do.
They "track" it in the same way TSA provides "security". You can buy enough pure reagent to make a small bomb without raising any suspicion, and you can purify it from readily available hardware store nitrogen fertilizer. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, but these mass murderers generally plan this shit for a long time, and if they have the $1,000 for an AR-15 then they can afford a small ANFO bomb to take out a bus or some shit.
>Reducing access to guns vastly reduces mass shootings/killings.
The NFA and Assault Weapons Ban had no effect on the overall murder rate, which is what matters.
>>
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/us/mass-shootings-misogyny-dayton.html

the same patterns that lead to the radicalization of white supremacists and other terrorists can apply to misogynists who turn to mass violence: a lonely, troubled individual who finds a community of like-minded individuals online, and an outlet for their anger.

Also results to posting on 4channel
>>
>>446552
>See: Europe.
That's what you want the US to be like? A bunch of cucks okay with Muhammad raping their 12 year old daughter? Yeah I'll keep my occasional shootings - in gun free zones no less (why should I care if a bunch of leftists get what they deserve?).
>>
Those are some ugly fucking women, and I thought the abbos were fucking awful.

Do Amerimutts commonly deal with creatures like this?
>>
>>446619
Yes that's what happens when the population is mostly over weight
>>
It doesn't say anything about how almost every mass shooter is prescribed some type of benzodiazepine (Xanax, clodepin, ect) which when taken habitually literally turn you into a emotionally numb zombie
>>
>>446575
>Reducing access to guns vastly reduces mass shootings/killings. See: Europe.
Europe as a whole has a higher rate of victimization and violent crime than the US.

When comparing, you must include ALL European countries, not just three whose populations are lower than the least populated US state
>>
>>446461
>mass shooter
This wasn't a mass shooter. It was one man with one revolver and one target. A grudge. His target took both rounds. And it was over. Until the cops got involved.
>>
>>446734
So you admit mass shootings are a non factor in Europe? Good.
Now would you you like to talk about something else?
>>
>>447240
>So you admit mass shootings are a non factor in Europe? Good.
Mmmmmmmno, show me where I said that.

>Now would you you like to talk about something else?
What's your favorite flavor of European penis?
>>
>>446533
How many places do you think there are in your house where you could even fire a shot 10 yards from your target with your arms extended? One of the interesting things about guns is that you don't really need to be THAT proficient. At distance or for a moving target they require some skill, but shooting a guy in your hallway or pistol jabbing a mugger during a struggle is dead easy.
>>
>>446557
I just ask the company I buy from to double box it since mail order sales are technically illegal in Chicago, but they're not even in Illinois so who the fuck cares.
>>
>>446575
>in gun free zones no less (why should I care if a bunch of leftists get what they deserve?).

You're leaving money on the table. Gun free zones aren't havens for leftists, they're unconscionable restrictions on liberty that we ought to fight. We haven't gotten where we are by letting the bastards do what they want wherever they have control, we've gotten what we want by experimenting in friendly areas, persuading the middle, and suing the hold outs.

Sea to shining sea, motherfucker.
>>
>>447257
So back to denying basic facts. Well, typical. So since you are fascinated with ALL of Europe let’s see you source how many mass shootings there are in Europe per capita relative to the US. Then feel free to include all mass terror attacks, shootings +, in the same analysis.
>>
>>447286
>So back to denying basic facts
Prove they're "basic facts"
>>
>>446535
>he says, unironically
>>
>>446567
>Overall violence in white areas in America is on par with Europe, guns or not.
Doubt. We don’t call your country a shooting range, and your countrymen school shooters for nothing
>>
>>446568
>The NFA and Assault Weapons Ban had no effect on the overall murder rate, which is what matters.
Aren't most gun violence incidents done with handguns?

>Mass shootings are about ideology, not the number killed.
I guess that’s why Christian churches hold “Mass” regularly

>You can buy enough pure reagent to make a small bomb without raising any suspicion, and you can purify it from readily available hardware store nitrogen fertilizer.
Who would go through that? Would a psycho even bother with that, even one so patient? Certainly easier to buy a gun and blow people away, which seems to be the winning solution to this conundrum
>>
>>447283
More like shooting Gallery to shooting Gallery amirite?
>>
>>447293
I mean why is America the only place where shootings happen more so than any other place? Why do you guys have the highest gun deaths of all? We don’t point fingers at Canada, the UK, Australia, hell, every other nation on this Earth for a reason.

Hell, just go to the catalog for this board. I’m sure some threads about Dayton, Ohio are still up. Maybe even El Paso. Now, where are the threads about shootings abroad...
>>
>>440399
>if we lose our guns how do we protect ourselves from the government, because we still think it's the 19th fucking century and a militia force of untrained civilians can take on a military with its logistics, training, and available hardware.
This is kinda faulty because unless you're a total nutter chances are when it comes to any kind of oppression that would deem it necessary to bring out your guns against the government, chances are the military and police force will have conflicting views on the matter and won't be able to perform to its fullest. Even in a case like Vietnam you had a significant portion of Americans not really supporting the war, given how the internet is today how likely is it that the government can pull one over and manage to turn the military and police into their lackeys for their oppression?
>>
>>447308
>Why is america the only place where shootings happen more than any other place?

Because we have the most guns. Holy shit, its basic statistics. That doesn't mean guns are more dangerous, or that people can't be trusted with them, it just means that if you have more knives around you get more stabbings, if you have more guns you get more shootings, if you have more bricks you get more blunt trauma. People are always, ALWAYS going to find a way to kill each other when they've made the decision to do that. We were bashing each others' brains in with rocks long before guns were even a twinkle in someone's eye. The only argument to be made is whether you trust citizens or governments more with the power of firearm possession, and one look at the US Government from overseas should tell you why we don't want to give up that right to our government.
>>
>>447293
>prove
You are the anon who doesn’t know how debates work aren’t you. You made the original claim without sources. You back up your claim anon.
>>
>>447325
Unfortunately for your argument guns bit the “mass” into “mass shootings”. Does gun free England have a ton of “mass brickings”? No. However they have plenty of bricks.
...bricks, I don’t know why we try arguing with dumb sometimes
>>
>>447329
>A large number of people have never been murdered in one place at once time before the invention of automatic weapons!

You cannot possibly be this naive.
>>
>>447329
No, you don't generally get mass brickings, at least not in England. You do, however, get brickings over here in the West, like this man

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-ci-crash-homicide-20190625-story.html

and you do get mass stonings in the ass-backwards shit parts of the world, like this

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/jul/21/iran.humanrights

>Inb4 sources
I just took ten seconds to google "Mass stoning" and "Killed with Brick". Nothing you say is going to change the fact that some people are fucking animals, and they're going to find a way to do what they want to do and kill who they want to kill, no matter what you take away. Firearms just give those of us who don't regularly plot murder a chance to defend ourselves from people like that, and people like you, who think your security supercedes our rights.
>>
Why is no talking about the Alabama shooting right now ???
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say two men have been killed and three others injured in a shooting near the campus of Alabama State University.

Montgomery police Sgt. Jarrett Williams tells the Montgomery Advertiser that the shooting occurred Thursday night.

Williams says a man was pronounced dead at the scene, while another died at a hospital. Both had been shot. Williams says two other men were hospitalized with life-threatening gunshot wounds, while another man was hospitalized with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.

Investigators did not immediately release details about what prompted the shooting or if there are any suspects. kbjr6 com RIGHT NOW
>>
>>447300
Better to live in a shooting range than an acid bath or utility knife factory, I guess.
>>
According to research studies conducted by The Institute of Incelisum Science, majority of desirable women suffer from severe mental illness that symptoms usually include anxiety, alcoholism and rejecting unattractive males. They've concluded, "We need to make it mandatory by law for attractive women to be medicated until she accepts the ugly guy as her mate."

Though further research into that study contradicted a serious bi-product being if another ugly guy also wants her, then by Incel mandatory law, she'll have to be given double dosages of the mental illness drug until she accepts the other guy. And if a third one fancies her, then triple the dosage and so on... or until the female becomes deceased...from all that medication.

We asked a client, who wishes to stay anonfag, what happens if she becomes a vegetable from all that Incel medication and it replied, "Sounds doable. Just so as long as that pussy's wet, it's all good with me. What up!"
>>
>>447337
>I cannot read English
The post.
>>447340
Discussing mass shootings
>a man
>mass
Wut. Take an extra few seconds anon. I will be here.
>>
>>446538
I'm also pretty sure that there was a lot of shooting that did not happen in a gun free zone.
Still less than 3%.
So now, excuse me, I will stay in my country where a mentally ill guys cannot buy a warmachine to kill my children at school.
>>
>>446560
They don't sell handguns, long guns are fair game.
>>
>>447777
I guess it depends on the state. I couldn't transfer my bolt action hunting rifle to my cousin without going through an FFL.
>>
>>447670
>Still less than 3%.
And where did you get this number?

Where do most of these mass shootings take place?
>>
>>447796
Define "couldn't." What law prevented you from just writing up a bill of sale and moving on with your life? Hell, what law prevented you from claiming you went to the next state over and did it?

Owning a handgun was illegal in Chicago for most of my life, that didn't stop me from buying a couple and getting a carry license after we beat them in court. I never registered a damned thing, either.
>>
>>447799
>What law prevented you from just writing up a bill of sale and moving on with your life?
Ummmm, federal law? FFL transfers are required in damn near every state with a few odd exceptions.

>Owning a handgun was illegal in Chicago for most of my life, that didn't stop me from buying a couple and getting a carry license after we beat them in court.
So you decided to break the law. How is that a negative reflection on those who decided not to?

>Hell, what law prevented you from claiming you went to the next state over and did it?
Its weird you need us to explain to how lying to the federal government about where and how you purchased a firearm that isn't registered to you is against the law.
>>
>>447799
>Define "couldn't."
An FFL employee literally told us I could not do this. That I had to drive all the way back home, give to X gunstore that would give to Y gunstore, then he could pick it up.

... so "officially" that's what we did.
>>
>>447806
>Ummmm, federal law? FFL transfers are required in damn near every state with a few odd exceptions.

Thats not true. Source: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/whom-may-unlicensed-person-transfer-firearms-under-gca

>So you decided to break the law.
So did the folks at Stonewall.

>Its weird you need us to explain to how lying to the federal government about where and how you purchased a firearm that isn't registered to you is against the law.

Its weird that you think private sales are illegal or somehow required to be reported to the federal government when one of the central arguments in the current gun control debate, the "gun show loophole," is literally about trying to ban private sales by making all transfers have to go through an FFL. You don't even need a 4473 for a private sale.
>>
>>447818
You're talking about an interstate transfer? I suppose thats technically what you're supposed to do but, again, theres no means of knowing so why the fuck would you go through the effort and expense of compliance with a law that only exists because everyone lost their shit when Kennedy got tagged.

You're not a bad person for complying with foolish, overly restrictive, basically unenforceable laws, but it sure as shit isn't a virtue.
>>
>>440661
Funny how this retarded nigger thinks his libtard compassion helps people.
>>
>>440165
the gilroy shooter just went to arizona for a gun.
>>
>>440028
Ever notice where more of this shit originates from? Cities.
I mean, liberals love squalor hence the ghettos in their name, but really packing that many people into tinier and tinier areas isn't healthy.
Maybe it's time we really address real issues. Mass murders didn't happen as often in the 50s as they do now and I bet your mom's virginity that there was alot less legislation.
>>
>>447994
>Not wanting to get shot by deranged conservative incels (Republicans).

OR

>Caring about people.

Reframe your thought patterns, Ivan.
>>
>>447998
>cities are the problem
That’s why all these shooters are from citie-
Oh they are not.
The real problem is that rural areas are dying. The innovative and productive people are almost all moving to cities. Rural areas are aging and depopulating - that is the real problem. Young kids see this and want to lash out against the trend. A small % of them chose violence. A much high % chides drugs or suicide.
That is the core issue that needs to be addressed.
>>
>>440661
>Reality check. No one gives a fuck about the mental health of the wastes of human resource who shoot people for no reason. They can off themselves. Neither I nor anyone else will care.
>The goal is to limit the amount of harm they can do to other productive members of society.
This is the mentality that will make the entire situation worse. Please, see what happens if you OUTLAW GUNS. Faggot ass retard lol
>>
>>440976
>Even the extremists on the right and left have legitimate concerns. If you just ignore half the nation by lumping them in with one or the other, while trying to legislate them out of existence, after awhile, you end up with extremists willing to appeal to their concerns in the most extreme way, in power - be they Hitlers or Stalins.
This is literally how trump came to power
>>
>>447998
I've lived in Chicago for going on 40 years. The thing about cities, even cities with a reputation for being dangerous or violent, is that the violence isn't evenly distributed. The neighborhood I grew up in had virtually no serious crime outside of teenage boys occasionally beating one another up over what somebody said about someone else's mother and the odd burglary while someone was out of the house. When I moved into the ghetto nobody bothered me because I was a white guy who looked like he knew where he was going, but even then you could walk half a mile west and end up in a Hasidic neighborhood with zero public crime. The neighborhood I live in now has crime rates similar to Luxembourg.

Concentration of people isn't the problem, its concentration of poverty. You take a bunch of poor people, stuff them all into one place, and they're going to get out of hand. If you make it clear that spreading that chaos into the surrounding areas won't be tolerated (either because you're moving into the Mexican neighborhoods and the old guys with hand tats aren't going to put up with that nonsense or you're moving into the old white neighborhoods where the cops aren't going to notice if a guy who works a white collar job tuned you up in an alley) it gets hotter. Add in the working folks not being too keen on paying for more programs because the Rev'runds buy themselves Mercedes and run for office with the money they were supposed to spend on unfucking things and you have a recipe for bullshit.

Its localized bullshit, though.
>>
>>448008
>Please, see what happens if you OUTLAW GUNS.

Everybody acts like thats a realistic outcome. The left screams about banning rifles, the right shouts about cold dead hands, but nobody has the juice to start that fight.

If you're a pro gun person you need to stop engaging with their bait. They can't outlaw guns, they know they'd lose at the SCOTUS. Pelosi is well aware that she can talk about an AWB to gin up her base because theres no chance it will pass and thus no chance she has to worry about what Kavennaugh is going to have to say about Miller.

The real concern is that there are elements of the Democratic party who have looked at how the GOP has chipped away at Roe v Wade and are learning. Its not going to be outlawing guns, its going to be red flag laws, its going to be expanding prohibited persons classes and not allowing for uniform due process, its going to be regulating materials and manufacturing in the name of consumer protection, its going to be banning private sales and digitizing FFL black books just in case FOPA falls, its going to be the Obama strategy of making huge ammo order to create shortages and drive up prices. They want you worried about a ban they can't pass so you don't notice, or don't fight so hard, against the thousand cuts that come after.
>>
Is this the first extensive investigation on mass shootings?

Interesting that sexual abuse plays a part in it. Some church groups online states that the spread of homosexuality is the cause because they believe that homosexuality can cause instability in a person's mind and body.
>>
>>440028
Lets try this ip...hehehe.
>>
>>447797
Oops my bad. After some research, apparently most of the shooting are done in the gun free zone. However you know a solution better than have everyone have a gun?
Put more policemen there.
>>
>>448008
You mean like in Europe where we have virtually no shooting unlike USA?
Don't know if it is because we have free health care that does involve mental healthcare or the fact we outlawed gun.
>But they could attack with knife or bricks.
Breaking news : unless you are an anime character, it is really hard to kill as much people with a knife than with an assault rifle. It is also much easier for bystander to beat the asshole to a pulp. Same for the brick.
But hey. Social healthcare and gun outlawing doesn't work.

But some of your argument are right. There is already too much guns in circulation in the USA for that to be effective... It is funny how much my generation to wanted to live in your country when we were young and naive and then... We became young adult and we make jokes about that. I'm happy to not live in the USA. So much.
>>
>>446465
Funny in my country "nigger" (actually in my city, it is more the Russian or the gispy but they are also decent folks and if you don't bother with them, they will not bother you.) keeps their guns to themselves. But since I'm not part of this, I'm not going to speak and say absurdity. However I can confirm you that the three times some dudes tried to enter in my house, my gentle dog scared the shit out of them. So... It does work in France.
>Harder for you than for them
Because of black market I presume? Well if you do need a gun, let's be honest. You have already so much in circulation that obtaining one won't be difficult.
>Don't trust the government.
I'm not a fan of the government in France myself. However I do trust it to protect myself.
Though I have to admit that the gilets jaunes would have been bloody if we had weapon.
>Defectors.
True. That is a legit point and I concede it.
>>
>>440028
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6bbXgUNOws

Religion and politics, as it current is, is the root problem.
>>
The Vegas shooting is forever gonna be the most suspicious to me
>>
>>448385
Because it was a BATFE operation gone wrong.
>>
>>448387
how so? curious not questioning. what have you found?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.