[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: download (1).png (244 KB, 1177x822)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pelosi-says-border-situation-is-a-crisis-and-blames-trump
“We have never not said that there was a crisis. There is a humanitarian crisis at the border, and some of it provoked by the actions taken by the administration,” the speaker said when asked if there is an actual crisis at the border.

“But, yes, it is a crisis. We’ve always said that it gets to be more of a humanitarian crisis the more that Republicans — the administration, I won’t paint all the Republicans with this — the more the administration acts in the shameful way,” Pelosi said.
>>
>>398782
>bait OP image
Wowzer.
>>
>>398782
Hawaii needs to start pulling their weight.
>>
>>398782
>We have never not said that there was a crisis.
I wish the good "progressives" on /news/ had known that. They've been trying to convince me that it is completely normal to have hoards of illegals bum rushing the border with small children and overwhelming the facilities that were supposed to contain them, while the Mexican army holds our troops at gunpoint on American soil.
>>
>>398818
You’re overestimating the events on both counts there friend
>>
>>398782
Has any progressive intellectual debunk OP’s pic or are they all still bitching about Alabama on Reddit?
>>
>>398782
This is the cost but it doesn't say how much they put into the system. I thought they pretty much break even, this graph is really misleading.
>>
>>398782
She's right you know, this is a humanitarian crisis created by Trump's policies.
>>
>>398818
>while the Mexican army holds our troops at gunpoint on American soil.

You frame it as a deliberate provocation, but the Mexican troopers mistakenly believed they were on the Mexican side of the border due to confusing markings in that border area (the marked border was within American territory instead of on the actual border). It was an honest mistake that would have played out the same way if the roles were reversed.

>>398825
>Has any progressive intellectual debunk OP’s pic or are they all still bitching about Alabama on Reddit?

Here's a libertarian debunking it:
>https://www.cato.org/blog/fairs-fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-study-fatally-flawed
In short:
>FAIR’s report reaches that conclusion by vastly overstating the costs of illegal immigration, undercounting the tax revenue they generate, inflating the number of illegal immigrants, counting millions of U.S. citizens as illegal immigrants, and by concocting a method of estimating the fiscal costs that is rejected by all economists who work on this subject.

>>398863
>I thought they pretty much break even, this graph is really misleading.

The US government's own analysis (https://www.gao.gov/products/HEHS-95-133) found that illegal immigrants are still net negative, but no accurate account of the severity exists due to the hidden nature of the population being estimated, with the low end being 2 billion to a high of 19 billion nationally (far below FAIR's estimate which is bandied about as absolute truth by at least one guy on this board).
>>
>>398929
Crap, I thought the debunking would show undocumented immigrants being a benefit but instead it showed they are still a burden to the nation.

Nice job defending a foreign military over your own though, very progressive.
>>
>>398782
Pelosi needs to shut her baby raping mouth.
>>
>>399071
how are they a burden if they are all employed and paying taxes? The numbers are big because there are lots of them. And despite paying taxes, they are not guaranteed many services. For example, while they pay into medicare, using it can get them deported.

https://www.vox.com/2019/3/1/18241692/undocumented-immigrants-pay-state-local-taxes

If you still aren't convinced, we could just deport all illegals. 2 years of republican control and they passed no sort of immigration reform to do that, and there are now more immigrants than there were at the start of trumps presidency. You would have to vote everyone out of office. Trump, McConnell, everyone. They're all pro-immigration and like the cheap labor and simply want to opress immigrants, not send them back to mexico/etc.
>>
>>398929
ITT. /pol/ppet talking points get blown out by a /news/man who bring receipts

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.