[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I think I just made up my mind about who I am going to support in 2020: Pete Buttigieg! He has just said what I’ve been thinking all along: Bernie Sanders is just as bad as Donald Trump.

Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg on Friday said that President Trump’s supporters were similar to Bernie Sanders’ supporters because they both feel marginalized and want to tear down the system.

The comments came during a campaign stop in downtown Nashua, N.H. before a crowd of mostly high school students, according to The Washington Examiner.

The 37-year-old mayor of South Bend, Ind. said that a sense of “anger and disaffection” grows from neighborhoods and families who are struggling to get by despite reports of a healthy economy.

“It just kind of turns you against the system in general and then you’re more likely to want to vote to blow up the system, which could lead you to somebody like Bernie and it could lead you to somebody like Trump. That’s how we got where we are,” Buttigieg said.

Buttigieg drew a distinction between himself and the 77-year-old Vermont Senator, saying that although he greatly admires Sanders, “I don’t have the same views on everything that he does.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pete-buttigieg-draws-parallels-between-trump-fans-and-bernie-sanders-supporters-report
>>
Not to mention, both of them were supported by Russian trolls, as evidenced by the Mueller report (pages 23 and 27).
>>
Keep pretending that every last aspect of american culture and government isn't kayfabe.

Or that you can even tell when it starts or ends.
>>
>"Please keep the status quo." Said increasingly nervous corporate shills for the 100th time this day
>>
>>385726
no one is stupid enough to believe this, right?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X17xoQbV5M
>>
>>385734
hahahahaha
>>
>>385726
>Everyone who suggests napalming less brown children is a racist russian spy
The american political establishment are silly people.
>>
>>385726
>benign and malignant tumors propogate by the same mechanisms, so theyre just as bad as eachother
>>
>Buttigieg: Bernie is just as bad as Trump
Where does Buttigieg says that, or this more right wing and Russian collusion to turn the democrats against each other?
>>
>>385726
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/440045-buttigieg-responds-to-criticism-after-comparing-sanders-trump-supporters

>>385751
he does refer to Bernie as "wanting to blow up the system." Seems like he is trying to turn dems against eachother himself, by trying to delegitimize Bernie's platform
>>
>>385726
>Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg on Friday said that President Trump’s supporters were similar to Bernie Sanders’ supporters because they both feel marginalized and want to tear down the system.

>“It just kind of turns you against the system in general and then you’re more likely to want to vote to blow up the system, which could lead you to somebody like Bernie and it could lead you to somebody like Trump. That’s how we got where we are,” Buttigieg said.

That is an exceptionally weak comparison.
>>
>>385726
>“It just kind of turns you against the system in general and then you’re more likely to want to vote to blow up the system, which could lead you to somebody like Bernie and it could lead you to somebody like Trump. That’s how we got where we are,” Buttigieg said

Except for the part where studies shows that a large majority of people who voted for Trump did so primarily due to racial anxieties White people are terrified of no longer being the dominant majority in this country and THAT is how we got where we are. His anti-establishment rhetoric is only a small piece of the puzzle. His eagerness to protect and support traditional, white, conservative power structures is the very reason people tolerate what an unbearable ass he is.
>>
>>385751
Remember that Russian trolls were pro-Bernie. I’m just trying to counter them with anti-Bernie posts. I believe that Bernie Sanders deserves bipartisan opposition for accepting Russia’s help. Also, all extremism is bad, regardless of whether it is left wing or right wing. Russia was promoting the development of radical ideologies by supporting Trump and Sanders. Nominating someone with such a radical viewpoint would be a win for Russia, and would essentially give Russia control of both the Republican and Democratic nominees. We can’t have that happening, can we?
>>
>>385765
Nigger what
>>
>>385758
>studies shows that a large majority of people who voted for Trump did so primarily due to racial anxieties White people are terrified of no longer being the dominant majority in this country
Source? Genuinely curious here
>>
>>385851
I heard it on cnn
>>
>>385726
>Bernie Sanders is just as bad as Donald Trump
Not remotely close to what he said
>>385756
>Seems like he is trying to turn dems against eachother himself, by trying to delegitimize Bernie's platform
No, he's commenting on how voters are pissed at the system/establishment, and how the democratic party should not be viewed as preservers of it to win this next election. He didn't take a shot at Bernie
>>
>>385758
Skryim is for the nords
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial Can you say the same?
>>
>>385851
>build the wall
Are you blind and deaf? Trump key argument were always anti-immigration policies.
>>
>>385864
anti illegal immigration =/= anti immigration
pretty huge difference actually
>>
>>385867
This
>>
>>385859
You can dismiss anything you hear on cnn.
>>
>>385867
>Mexico isn't sending their best they're sending rapist and criminals
>>
>>385884
They actually are. Mexico's best are already gainfully employed in Mexico. And a not insignificant proportion of illegal immigrants have prior convictions, either in Mexico, or here. And you should take into account the fact that every Illegal immigrant has broken at least one law in entering this country or overstaying their Visa.
>>
>>385884
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/visa-overstays-outnumber-illegal-border-crossings-trend-expected-continue-n730216

the whole point of trump ramping up arresting more with ICE and clogging the system with a lack of judges is to destabilize hard working illegals so that whatever security they have built (sending kids to college/ taking care of families) doesnt work out and they have to resort to being desperate for any work again.

We keep them here as slave labor to undercut American workers. Trump just doubled H2b visas.
>>
>>385935
>Mexico is actively rounding up rapists and murderers and sending them to America
Source?
Also what happened to
>anti illegal immigration =/= anti immigration
>>
>>385949
>Mexico is actively rounding up rapists and murderers and sending them to America
I fucking knew it
>>
>>385949
Everybody understands hyperbole until Trump tries to use it. Then they take everything literally like autistic Jehovah witnesses
>>
>>386050
>Its just a prank, bro lol
>>
>>386063
>Um excuse me its 31% not a third mr liar liar plants for hire
>>
>>386064
kek
all the manufactured outrage over that was hilarious
>>
I realize /news/ is supposed to be shit but is it really supposed to be more shit than the mainstream news sources?

Why does this board even exist?
>>
>>386050
> hyperbole
"The murder rate is at a 40 year high!"
It's actually at a 40 year low.
"LOL GTFO shitlib it's called hyperbole!"
>>
>>385860
ah shit, you're right. i should have read the entirety of buttigiegs response article

>“Acknowledging that the system was so broken that voters were looking to .@BernieSanders over the Dem establishment is not an insult, it’s the reality,” Smith tweeted.

but he was pretty unclear, you can only expect that fox news will pounce on that shit
>>
>>385860
>>386253
though i guess i should add that this conclusion relies on being able to put faith into his response being genuine. i absolutely agree that Trump and Bernie have overlap with people that want a major change in the political system. but i cant help but feel that buttigieg may have intentionally tried to equate them and state their policies as "blowing up the system" to potentially turn some anti-trump voters against bernie. and if not, it begs the question of why he made the statement, unless he has some "radical" ideas in mind that equate to the other two or something similar that he feels would satisfy those voters
>>
>>386120
Mods used to enforce quality control quality on sources, but the Dev must of given them orders that /pol/ is allowed to do what they please which is why you see propaganda being spammed these days.
>>
Fuck both those guys vote for yang you brainwashed fools
>>
>>385862
A true Nord never backs down
>>
No one who is as weak as Bernie could ever be elected.
He caved - in seconds - to some 20-something BLM girls...
Look:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/08/09/black_lives_matter_protesters_disrupt_bernie_sanders_event_in_seattle_sanders_gives_up_mic_to_them.html

...Imagine him dealing with China or Russia or North Korea.
>>
>>388155
this is some high level mental gymnastics. I dont even think your brain is capable of nuanced thought.
>>
>>385726
Try Yang.
>inb4 bugman drone
>>
>>385765
>Remember that Russian trolls were pro-Bernie
More like they were pro-Trump, anti-Clinton. Supporting Bernie helped Trump and hurt Hillary.
>>
>>385935
>Mexico's best are already gainfully employed in Mexico.
And their worst are employed in the USA by Trump companies, right?
>>
>>392044
Yeah, shocking that when Trump is brought up in the conversation, someone else makes a point about Trump. Weird, right?
>>
>>392069
So you're fine with Trump employing the type of person he claims shouldn't be allowed in the country?
>>
>>392050
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-roundtable-county-sheriffs/
In a meeting at the White House with a group of US Sheriffs, Trump claimed that:
"The murder rate in our country is the highest it’s been in 47 years, right?" Trump said. "Did you know that? Forty-seven years. I used to use that - I’d say that in a speech and everybody was surprised, because the press doesn’t tell it like it is. It wasn’t to their advantage to say that. But the murder rate is the highest it’s been in, I guess, from 45 to 47 years."

And in case the official White House record of Trump's remarks isn't enough, here's a video of him saying it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIWIvVHmbps

Of course you're still going to deny it, but there it is, plain as day.
>>
>>392085
That's definitely not what Trump said, but let's just pretend that's what he meant for a moment. He said it back in 2017. At the time, the murder rate had climbed from 4.9 to 5.4 per 100k people. It then fell to 5.3 the following year. So let's just say that .5 climb was what he meant...47 years would take us back to 1970, yet the murder rate climbed from 8.7 to 9.4, and then to 9.8 between 1989 and 1991. It climbed from 9 to 9.8 from 1977 to 1978. So even if he was talking about the growth in murder rate, he'd still be wrong.
>>
>>385733
/thread

#Yang2020
>>
>>392094
At which point facts become insufficiently pithy to infect. :/

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.