[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 20 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-banks/house-panels-issue-subpoenas-to-deutsche-bank-others-in-trump-probe-idUSKCN1RR2FW?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Reuters%2FPoliticsNews+%28Reuters+Politics+News%29

>WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Two U.S. House of Representatives committees have issued subpoenas to multiple financial institutions, including Deutsche Bank AG, for information on President Donald Trump’s finances, the panels’ Democratic leaders said on Monday.

>“The potential use of the U.S. financial system for illicit purposes is a very serious concern. The Financial Services Committee is exploring these matters, including as they may involve the president and his associates, as thoroughly as possible,” the committee’s chair, Maxine Waters, said in a statement.

>House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff said in a statement the subpoenas issued included a “friendly subpoena to Deutsche Bank.”

>A 2018 financial disclosure form showed liabilities for Trump of at least $130 million to Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas, a unit of the German bank. They are for properties including the Trump International Hotel in a former post office in Washington.

>Deutsche Bank said in January, shortly after Democrats took control of the House following the November elections, that it had received an inquiry from the two committees on its ties to the Republican president.

>Schiff said Deutsche bank had been cooperative. “We look forward to their continued cooperation and compliance,” he said.

>Kerrie McHugh, a Deutsche Bank spokeswoman, said the bank was engaged in a “productive dialogue” with the two committees. “We remain committed to providing appropriate information to all authorized investigations in a manner consistent with our legal obligations,” she said in an emailed statement.
>>
>The New York Times, which first reported the committees’ actions on Monday, said Citigroup Inc, JPMorgan Chase & Co and Bank of America Corp had also received subpoenas.

>Trump lawyers did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
>>
>Trump lawyers did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
They won't because they can't respond in a way that makes it sound like Trump has something to hide. Which is does.
>>
>>382102
How long until they don't find anything and Schiff becomes the devil to the Democratic party, as well?
>>
>>382153
>HE HAS SOMETHING TO HIDE I JUST HAVE TO KEEP LOOKING IT WASN'T HERE IT WASN'T THERE IT HAS TO BE SOMEWHERE
Have sex.
>>
>>382167
Your mom free?
>>
>>382102
*Honk Honk*
It's a carnival!
The democrats are turning the country into a zoo!
*Honk Honk*
>>
Gotta love how much the /pol/ppets are trying to bait in this thread.
>>
>>385440
Cringe.
>>
>We didn't get him last several times, but we know he did something wrong we just have to figure out what it is, otherwise people will realize we've been lying to them all the time and we will lose the next election
>>
>>385475
What's sad is just how true this really is
>>
>>385481
>>385475
Not a legal defense. Congress has power of the purse. They have the right to oversight. No amount of pearl-clutching will change that.
>>
>>385505
They should be blaming Trump's huge ego for this one. Remember, he bragged about not paying taxes.
>>
prepare to be blue balled you loons
>>
>>385505
Nobody is saying it's illegal for them to do so I believe the point was made that they appear to be pursuing this for purely political reasons and if they don't succeed at some point they're going to look a lot worse than they already do
>>
>>385511
Politics should have no bearing on this. If they don't pursue every avenue in an investigation then they aren't doing a real investigation.
>>
Well the Mueller report already confirmed everyone's suspicions about his apparent ties to Russia and his obstruction into the investigation. Might as well confirm that he's a crook as well.
>>
>>385513
isnt that what mueller already did? lead an unpartisan investigation?
I agree that Politics should have no bearing on this
but sadly this is completely political
>>
>>385514
>Well the Mueller report already confirmed everyone's suspicions
Hes finished this time!
*Honk Honk*
>>
>>385511
So how does that affect the legitimacy of the request?
>>
>>385522
>this is completely political
Prove that accusation, friendo.
>>
>>385522
Mueller only investigated Russia's meddling in the 2016 election he didn't look into Trump's financial information unless it was somehow tied to that. This seems to be completely unrelated to the Mueller investigation, its more about whether Trump was running a money laundering operation.
>>
>>385526
>>385528
*Honk Honk*
they got him now!
>>
>>385472
Don't mind them they've been on edge since the Mueller report confirmed Trump campaign staff regularly met with Russians and Trump attempted to obstruct the investigation to cover it up
>>
>>385533
Muellers report was damning for tump!
All that collusion, im sure the indictment is sealed!
*honk*
>>
>>385529
Not an argument, clown.
>>
>>385528
>he didn't look into Trump's financial information
Funny, the media was endlessly pontificating on Muller doing exactly that, hence their previous reporting on Deutsche Bank. Guess that was a big nothing burger as well, since Muller did nothing with it.

It seems like the Dems just want to redo the investigation over and over until they get the answer they want, even if they have to waste time and tax payer money for another two years only to come up with the same answer: "it's not fair that we lost, you must have cheated" conspiracy theories aren't reality.
>>
>>385542
Dems are looking into the financial stuff now. It's not a redo if Mueller didn't look himself.

Keep honking though, I'm sure Trump will get away scot-free.
>>
>>385543
>It's not a redo if Mueller didn't look himself.
Both Dems and the media were, again, already bragging about Muller doing that. What are they going to find that he didn't, with less scope and jurisdiction?

>Keep honking though
Differen't anon, pissbaby.
>I'm sure Trump will get away scot-free.
It keeps happening and you keep going into further denial about it.
>>
>>385542
Mueller was specifically tasked with the 2016 election. He referred other crimes to their appropriate jurisdictions. If Deutsche Bank was directly involved in Russia's meddling in 2016 then they'd be directly indicted by Mueller but they may have been referred to another jurisdiction like New York instead.
>>
>>385547
>Mueller was specifically tasked with the 2016 election. He referred other crimes to their appropriate jurisdictions
>If Deutsche Bank was directly involved in Russia's meddling in 2016 then they'd be directly indicted by Mueller but they may have been referred to another jurisdiction like New York instead.
There's nothing that could have been investigated by the SDNY that could not have been investigated by the Muller probe, moreover every other criminal referral for "other crimes" were made public, especially the indictments which were always a media circus.

Suddenly turning to "ohh noo it's super secret but it's totally happening, the limited SDNY will totally do what the much more powerful probe couldn't, trust the plan" is just blatant desperation to not let the conspiracy die. Come to terms.
>>
>>385549
You sure seem to be in a real hurry to try and forget that Trump committed obstruction of justice probably to try and cover up that he conspired with Russian operatives.
>>
>>385552
>Trump committed obstruction of justice probably
LOL

>he conspired with Russian operatives
Mueller says you're wrong.

He also stated he's not sure it's even possible to obstruct justice, given that as of yet there's legitimately no proof he's responsible for or connected to the alleged crime being investigated and he genuinely believed he was being persecuted by political enemies. You can try to fudge that all you like, it doesn't change the facts of what was stated.
>>
We know Trump is guilty. We don't know what Trump is guilty of.
This is how justice is supposed to work you stupid republican traitors. Justice will keep searching until it finds the truth and nothing but the truth.
>>
>>385552
Firing Comey the retard is not obstruction.
>>
>>385545
Speculation. Surely you, who have been listening to Donald J Trump for over two years, realize that people do not always mean exactly what they say.

Also of note, Congress has MORE authority than Mueller did to request financial information from the Treasury.
>>
>>385553
>>Trump committed obstruction of justice probably
>LOL
What an utterly deceptive quotation.

I was not saying he "probably" committed obstruction of justice I was saying he probably conspired with Russian operatives. Mueller seems pretty convinced he committed obstruction of justice but he was not able to indict him due to the current DoJ guidelines.

>He also stated he's not sure it's even possible to obstruct justice, given that as of yet there's legitimately no proof he's responsible for or connected to the alleged crime being investigated and he genuinely believed he was being persecuted by political enemies. You can try to fudge that all you like, it doesn't change the facts of what was stated.
No that is not what the Mueller report said, you're paraphrasing Barr's half-assed "summary".
>>
>>385554
My bet is good ol' fashioned fraud. Russia probably doesn't have dirt on him, they just offered him money in the form of Trump tower Moscow and other deals.

Liberals want this to be an epic story of foreign agents at the highest level. There's a certain mystique to that.

But reality tends to be boring. In all likelihood, he's just greedy.
>>
>>385558
>I was not saying he "probably" committed obstruction of justice I was saying he probably conspired with Russian operatives. Mueller seems pretty convinced he committed obstruction of justice but he was not able to indict him due to the current DoJ guidelines.
Page number faggot.
What page number from the report did he say this
You were a faggot in the other thread and your beinga faggot here spreading the same lie.
Page number now, faggot
>>
>>385559
>they just offered him money in the form of Trump tower Moscow and other deals.
I bet that is a large part of it but Putin wouldn't do stuff for free. He wanted a stooge. That's where the collusion meme comes from.
>>
>>385560
Page 2. Literally the second page. Goddamn, you're retarded.
>>
>>385560
>Page number faggot.
>What page number from the report did he say this

Page 213 or literally Page 1 of Volume 2

The paragraph about a 2/3rds of the way down that starts with "Second" says the Office of Legal Council says that a sitting President cannot be prosecuted for crimes. The paragraph that starts with "Third" on the next page says that an indictment would be held over the President as a judgment of guilt without any ability for the President to be tried in court. Mueller basically decided that any indictment is effectively impossible on a sitting President because it would be denying them their right to a fair and speedy trial.
>>
>>385564
>Mueller basically decided that any indictment is effectively impossible on a sitting President because it would be denying them their right to a fair and speedy trial.
Fuck, he's got us pegged.
>>
>>385563
Nowhere does it say that they declined to press charges because they had no authority.
this implies they would have pressed charges but were unable to.
nowhere does it say this
you are still wrong
>>
>>385567
>t. I can't read legalese, so I must be right!
>>
>>385566
The Mueller report has two remedies to that paradox. Either the President can be tried in front of Congress through impeachment or the charges can be brought at a later point. Mueller's team preserved all the evidence and testimonies they could while the evidence is still fresh and left the trial up to whoever decides to take it up.
>>
>>385570
>I make up shit by putting my own words into stuff so they fit my worldview
You are a literal subhuman
>>
>>385573
My guess is that he covered his bases and wrote sealed indictments, to he delivered when the president eaves office.

If Trump is impeached then the indictments are discarded on double jeopardy grounds. If he's not, then we're off to the races.

2020 or 2024, it doesn't particularly matter to Mueller. Trump will have his day in court.
>>
>>385558
>What an utterly deceptive quotation.
Making fun of your grasping at straws isn't deceptive, it's pointing out desperation.

>I was not saying he "probably" committed obstruction of justice I was saying he probably conspired with Russian operatives
You're actually stating both, furthermore you can prove neither. Desperate grasping at straws continues.

>Mueller seems pretty convinced he committed obstruction of justice
Mueller no where stated he was pretty convinced he committed obstruction of justice. No where is this written in the report. Desperate grasping at straws continues.

>he was not able to indict him due to the current DoJ guidelines.
He also didn't indict anyone else either, like Don jr or Kushner, for anything else including but not limited to obstruction. There's no DoJ guidelines preventing any of that, a point almost instantly ignored by you people everytime it's brought up.
>muh SDNY
See
>>385549
>There's nothing that could have been investigated by the SDNY that could not have been investigated by the Muller probe
>Suddenly turning to "ohh noo it's super secret but it's totally happening, the limited SDNY will totally do what the much more powerful probe couldn't, trust the plan" is just blatant desperation to not let the conspiracy die

>No that is not what the Mueller report said, you're paraphrasing Barr's half-assed "summary".
Nothing presented in Barr's summary was refuted by anything presented in the report. Desperate grasping at straws continues.

>>385580
>>385573
>being this willfully delusional
Desperate grasping at straws continues. Can they keep it up through 2020?
>>
>>385596
>Nothing presented in Barr's summary was refuted by anything presented in the report.
Confirming once again that you haven't read the fucking thing.

Doubling down on factually incorrect opinions is not very smart, anon.
>>
>>385600
>Confirming once again that you haven't read the fucking thing.
>Doubling down on factually incorrect opinions is not very smart, anon.
These are great lines to use in place of an argument backed up with facts, is that why you use them in every argument you're in?

Desperate grasping at straws continues. Your conspiracy was debunked, come to terms.
>>
>>385602
Dude.

Read the report.
>>
>>385580
My guess is, you're all living in fantasy land.
>>
>>385612
As you so love to say, not an argument.
>>
>>385611
I've read the report, I'm just waiting for you to apply it to your argument. Try doing that, instead of making excuses and deflecting like a pissbaby
>>
>>385622
Really? I couldn't tell, because you haven't cited it at ALL..
>>
>>385634
>I couldn't tell, because you haven't cited it at ALL..
Tu quo que, pissbaby
>>
>>385635
You have transitioned from bit reading the report to not reading this thread, clown. Well done.

Honk more.
>>
>>385638
>You have transitioned from bit reading the report to not reading this thread, clown.
You're melding multiple different people and multiple different posts into the same stream of argument, you stupid partisan pissbaby fuck. Check the IP counter and stop snorting raw media.

>Honk more.
Deflect more and take your schizo pills.
>>
>>385440

Whoa whoa did you just come from facebook? Wheres your minion avatar?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.