[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 167 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: Screenshot_5.jpg (54 KB, 634x529)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Notre Dame Cathedral roof on fire.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/04/15/notre-dame-cathedral-fire/
>>
>>381549
Happens every time mayor Pete goes to church
*walks self out*
>>
It looks like the French aren't fighting the fire and letting it burn for some reason. I have yet to see firefighters use any water and I've been watching the live coverage for about 30 minutes now.
>>
LIKE FIRE
HELLFIRE
THIS FIRE IN MY SKIN
>>
Jeanne au secours!
>>
>>381552

doubt there's a ladder high enough to reach the roof, the fire spread immediately like there was some fluid
>>
>>381549
Finally there will be room for a new mosque
>>
I´ll just say this: Wikipedia has the current status of it as "On fire".
>>
You can't post pictures on this board?
>>
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
it's on almost every channel right now
giant flames shooting through the roof, the main steeple completely engulfed
this is horrific, it doesn't look salvageable at all
>>
The spire is down, RIP.
>>
>>381559
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Notre-Dame_de_Paris&diff=prev&oldid=892607924

Already reverted and locked down
>>
did the yellow jackets do it ?
>>
>>381572
Macron did it as a distraction, he's running away to Mexico with the Joconde.
>>
>>381553
THIS BURNING DESIRE
IS TURNING ME TO SIN
>>
I can see the smoke from my window
>>
A crushing blow in the glory of humanities finest arts and crafts. An immense price has been paid today.
>>
>>381572
it's not saturday. So far it seems some reparations were on going and an accident caused the fire. Still a bit soon to be confirmed though
>>
It was Claude Frollo after watching S8 premiere
>>
>Notre Dame on fire
>check Twitter
>HAHAHA ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO BASH ON TRUMP
>>
Fucking Lindybeige finally did it
>>
>>381580
Oh man, I didn't even think about him. It's going to be hilarious seeing him botch the condolences.
>>
Guaranteed that it was some fuckhead using the grinder even though he wasn't supposed to.
>>
In the moment of writing, they believe the fire started on the roof close to where the restoration work was taking place. There are firefighters on the balcony and there are ongoing efforts to save as many artefacts inside as possible (basically anything that isn't nailed to the floor).
>>
>>381549
47 churches have been burned in February alone, I don’t have s good feeling about this bros...
>>
>>381549
Okay; which one of you faggots lit their fart?
>>
>>381586
whoa, which ones?
>>
Jesus fuck im shocked as hell. This better not be the work of some islamic fag taking tinder and a matchbox with him on tour. Seems unlikely though at the moment
>>
>>381586
wdym?
>>
*notre dame burns down*

Trump: well you should've raked your church better
>>
Is maisie okay?
>>
>>381549
WITCHCRAFT
>>
let this edifice to mankind's self-obsessed grandeur finally meet its deserved doom, and let it be replaced with a communist brutalist building
>>
>>381598
Fuck you communist dog.
>>
This is proof that Paris is in worse condition now than it has been in over 600 years.
>>
>>381581
>Fucking Lindybeige finally did it
underrated
>>
>>381556
This would make me so fucking angry...
>>
>the windows are confirmed gone
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
Now they are saying the restoration crew where using a "fire treatment" on the building. I presume to make the repairs look old.
Then it caught fire.
Then they cannot put it out because of lack of water pressure.

What a very French kind of mess.
>>
>>381572
Probably an accident/negligence during renovations, but it's way too soon to tell.
>>
Inb4 it turns out this was caused by an incorrectly disposed cigarette
>>
>>381580
have the BTSfags come out of the woodwork yet?
>>
Imagine being the guy who burned down fucking Notre Dame.
>>
>>381615
I would kill myself honestly.
>>
>>381609
Apparently the spire contained 250 tons of lead.
Yikes.
>>
>>381615
>inb4 he's a migrant
>>
>>381615
>>381616
why, that's like the greatest fucking prank ever assuming you don't get caught.
>>
>All those artifacts that are probably destroyed
>Right before Easter too
This is fucking bullshit
>>
>>381581
context on this?
>>
>>381549
Nothing is permanent
>>
Fire was an accident, but the local Fire Dept (or whoever is in charge) needs a scolding for being so unprepared and ill equipped.
>>
>>381624
Apparently they keep a lot of them underground so there's a slim chance they'll be safe.
>>
>>381625
Some faggot American who pretends he's a Brit, and has a Youtube Channel praising everything British and shitting on everything French.
>>
>>381627
There's really nothing they could have done once it started to spread. It's a building made up old, dry and heavy materials.
>>
4. Nostradamus

Fire, flame, hunger, robber, wild smoke, It will cause to fail, striking hard, to destroy faith: Arrow of "DentИ" all Provence sucked up, Driven out of the realm, enraged without spitting
>>
>>381634
>there will be a fire at some point
>>
>>381634
How is this destroying faith? If anything more people are going to go to church now. At least for like 2 weeks.
>>
>>381624
"Thankfully", the Revolution destroyed most artefact so it's not like there is a lot to save to begin with
>>
>>381555
wikipedia cites that there is a water resevoir between the two towers on the (now-gone) roof, but no one has mentioned if it was used

"A water reservoir, covered with a lead roof, is located between the two towers, behind the colonnade and the gallery and in front of the nave and the pignon. It can be used to quickly extinguish a fire."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre-Dame_de_Paris#Modern_history
>>
Was just one of his quatrains I remember nothing more.
>>
>>381570
Guess we'll have to rebuild instead of repair or restore.
>>
>>381619
the roofing was lead (because cheaper than copper and still passivates)
they might have tried reheating some lead tiles to fix some cracks and set the wooden beams on fire instead...
>>
Well when I heard about restoration of cathedral I won't hide that I expected something else ...
>>
Someone just spazzed a green laser-light onto the wall of the cathedral... Who's trying to be funny here?!
>>
They say it was an accident, but I have a feeling muslims are involved
>>
>>381652
why is it that a 750-ton lead-covered oak spire is easily brought down but the fucking scaffolding is still up?
>>
>>381655
Just report it, they've got eyes on ground and will quickly spot the faggot.
>>
Fire has possibly spread into one of the front towers. The chances of it collapsing too are extreme.
>>
>>381549
FOR THE EMPEROR
>>
>>381655

green is important to muslims
>>
Seems like the artefacts and treasures were protected and are safe now. It's something, though the real treasure was the building
>>
>>381659
the one on the left, no?
>>
>>381549
>check for mayor of paris
>it's a woman
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Hidalgo
you asked for it
>>
>>381663
No, the real treasure are the friends me made along the way.
>>
>>381552
they surrendered
>>
>>381657
cathedral is wooden with full roofing of lead tiles laid on top (loosely affixed to the beams with small wires that probably broke when shit started falling)

scaffolding is (unloaded) steel pipes, can take way more before collapsing
>>
>>381586
post sources
>>
>>381549
There is no price tag on damage like that.
The sheer historic value that was lost is insane.
This day marks the fall of France.

Of course they will try to spin it so it looks like a 'renovations' accident.
Can you imagine the skill and care it requires to be a renovator on the fucking Notre-Dame de Paris.
It is as much of an accident as 9/11 IMHO.
To counter misinformation and fake news I suggest we blame the Muslims up until we have enough evidence to prove otherwise.
>>
What are the conspiracy theories people are making about this?
>>
>>381663
This isnt going to be the first time its been rebuilt (that spire was relatively new actually) so the only real fear there is France cucking and going with a modern design when it gets rebuilt. Those relics are actually irreplaceable
>>
>>381581
lol
>>
>>381675
you've got one just above your post
>>
>>381675
Only 2 like usual :
-muslims did it
-government did it
>>
>>381673
https://www.rt.com/news/454472-arson-vandal-french-catholic-church/

not all have been burned tho
>>
What's gonna happen to the bells? Has the fire reached those towers?
>>
This is fucking awful, holy shit. I hope some of it can still be saved.
>>
>>381682
The fire fighters are doing everything they can to prevent the fire from going there
>>
>>381682
From what I heard yes. Guess they'll melt, or they fall and destroy what's left of the towers.
>>
>>381681
>A statue of Christ on a cross was also interfered with, as vandals twisted one of the arms to make it appear that Jesus was dabbing
Like the kids say these days: based.
>>
does anyone have data on temperature estimates for the fire?
it looks like the water is turning to vapor state before it even reaches.
>>
>>381681
We're also far from the number of 47.
>>
>>381684
Rebuild perhaps but saved ?
Fire keeps on going and there is no signs of end
>>
>>381688
Isn't it just the "moss" that they use to suffocate the fire instead of water theses days?
>>
One of the earliest clips of the burning with the bells (Notre Dame's?) ringing it in the background was surreal.
>>
>>381686
Assuming this fire is an accident, they won't melt. But their ropes will burn, and they will crash down and wreck everything on the way including themselves.
Whole lot of shit to repair and retune if that happens.
>>
The spire has collapsed!
>>
>>381621
There have been a string of recent church vandalizations this year. None of them are mosque. Very suspicious.
>>
>>381549

soundtrack for the event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df-Wo48P-M8
>>
>400 firemen actually acting on it, most of them went inside to contain the fire
>next hour and a half is the most important, one of the tower could fall
>>
>>381698
>none of these churches are mosque
You don't say?
>>
>>381698
Because journalists don't write about mosque. Jew cemetaries are also vandalised (even more tahn church)
>>
>>381688
Woodfire in open air reaches around 600°C (~1,100°F). Everything will crash down before the charred wood makes it reach higher temps.
>>
>>381697
Like an hour ago.
>Spire is gone
>roof is gone
>windows are gone
>all of the statues surrounding the spire were already removed a few days ago
>most of the artifacts and art inside were saved
>bell towers may or may not be safe, if they do catch fire the bells will probably survive but will suffer fall damage
>>
>>381679
"muslims did it" is hardly a conspiracy theory, by sheer probability they are the prime suspects whatever happens since they do so much bad shit
>>
>>381700
Fire fighters are half suicidal, half heroes and half professional. Seeing them is always impressive.
>>
>>381695
There's nothing to "repair and retune" at this point. For the first time in 800 years we now have the ruins of Notre Dame rather than Notre Dame.
>>
>>381713
was there significant damage during world war 2? any stray shells or bombs?
>>
TV news is talking about the lost priceless centuries-old stained glass and works of art. The Vatican lost about half a trillion dollars worth of valuable property today.
>>
>>381714
Paris didn't get bombed during WW2, nor during WW1.
>>
>>381713
Well rebuilding it probably won't take 200 years this time.
>>
>>381714
I somehow doubt that there was a bomb or shell those will be heard and damage construction that was put up by restoration crew
>>
That sucks but at least nobody died and most artifacts could be secured. Rebuilding will be expensive.
>>
>>381720
Well, seeing the importance of Notre Dame, for once the French government will have to open up its wallet and for once they shouldn't fight with the Catholic Church too much
>>
>>381715
>The Vatican
was it owned by the vatican?
yes the vatican is teh center of the catholic church and so the church itself has lost this... but france has also lost trillions in tourism for years to come.
>>
hearing the eyewhitness report "strange color of the smoke green/yellow" was the lead i suppose
>>
I heard this was commited by the infamous criminal called 4chan. ANy of you hear about him before?
>>
>>381722
As a national monument, shared between the French States and the Catholic Church. Both lost the monument and its tourists
>>
>>381715 >>381722
Notre-Dame is fully owned by the french state. The catholic church merely has exclusive rights of use.
>>
>>381722
I think that churches belong to the town in which they are situated, and cathedrals belong to the government. That is what I think I heard on the radio, might be wrong.
>>
>>381723
Lead salts cause blue flames... Probably just the wood and whatever treatment it was loaded with.
>>
>>381674
It's just a building. It will not cause societal collapse on its own.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconstruction_(architecture)
>>
#welcomerefugees
>>
>>381549
What is the status of the fire? No one is saying
>>
>>381727
in Italy almost all church are propriety of the vatican, i don't know about france
>>
Heard that if the firefighters can't end the fire in the next 90 minutes, the whole building will be lost and what's left will need to be destroyed for safety measures.
>>
>>381732
It's going fine, thanks for caring.
>>
>>381732
Roof is gone. Central spire is gone. The towers and frame are still standing but there is an inferno inside and no one is sure if the stone structure will hold.
>>
>>381732
https://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/20190415191539-breaking-flames-engulf-notre-dame-cathedral-in-paris/

following on cbsn lights are flashing on the bell tower so i guess they are securing it at least
>>
>>381709
>conspiracy theory
Nah. https://www.newsweek.com/spate-attacks-catholic-churches-france-sees-altars-desecrated-christ-statue-1370800

Though I could believe that they'd just shoot the perpetrator and everyone who knows because of the damage this would inflict.
>>
>>381732
Ongoing, they're unsure if it can be saved.
>>
>>381605
You're not even Catholic, what do you care?
>>
>>381729
Similarly, you're just an asshole.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathy

>>381732
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGbmWOfdXcQ
>>
>>381732
Very very hot
>>
>>381738
That was exactly my point. It's likelt a muslim but the government will do their damndest to silence this
>>
>>381716
>>381719
not meant to compare, I just genuinely didn't know the history there
>>
>>381740
First they came for the Catholics, and I did not say anything, because I am not Catholic
>>
>>381744
Since France was quickly invaded (and since Hitler had a boner for France arts), there was no need to bomb it.
>>
>>381741
You don't understand. France is not tied to some building. Depending how intact France is, they will just Reconstruct and carry on using it.

Putting something else there though would indicate that something is amiss with France.
>>
>>381745
They don't come for the Catholics though. They come to live here and guess what? Catholics help them.
Catholics and Muslims are brothers in an otherwise secular country.
Stop pretending there is some fucking crusade.
>>
>>381747
CBS has the deputy mayor of Paris on the line. He says the plan is already underway to rebuild or restore the cathedral.

The site must have a cathedral upon it. That is of no question.
>>
>>381743
Since cover ups are hard I am leaning toward the accident side.

Though why would they work at 18:50?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Fire_of_London
how long until it becomes like link-related
>>
>>381747
Officials already declared we'd rebuild it as-is whatever happens.
It's not a matter of being tied to a building. The US were not tied to the twin towers, but losing them was still felt organically.
Everyone here knows this is an important part of France history, regardless religion.
>>
>>381750
i find so pathetic politics already telling we have plan when the fire didn't even stopped.......
>>
>>381751
After traditional hours. People don't like having prayers interrupted by power tools.
>>
>>381750
>The site must have a cathedral upon it.
Not A cathedral. THIS cathedral.

Reconstruction is not hard, but immensely appreciated.
>>
>>381747
>France is not tied to some building
>If they don't make a replica of this specific building, something is wrong with France

based schizo-poster
>>
>>381751
it did sounded strange to me also i have to admit that.....
>>
>>381752
Won't happen in Paris, it must be the first priority of the firefighters. The cathedral is almost gone and we still have to see any picture or news of another building burning.
>>
>>381755
What else would you have them do, piss on the flames ?
Having plans for whatever is left of it after this is essential.
>>
>>381755
They have to pretend they didn't totally fuck up by not being prepared for the fire in the first place.
Somebody is going to start asking questions soon.
>>
>>381755
If a fire gutted the Statue of Liberty you'd probably hear a similar line from the mayor of New York.

It's a national landmark. They care about it.
>>
>>381752
Never, Notre-Dame lies in the middle of the Seine river and won't set the entire town ablaze.
>>
>>381757
Yes, of course. Did not mean to imply otherwise.

There is only one Notre-Dame de Paris.
>>
>>381753
This is not a matter of feeling it. More like how long the wound can stay. How long it will take to "heal".

>>381755
Why?
>>
>>381751
to work when there is less tourists in one of the most visited monument in Europe?
>>
>>381758
That actually makes a lot of sense.
Because people will just continue using the reconstructed building as before.
>>
>>381752
Notre-Dame in on an island in the middle of the Seine, there's no way for the fire to spread.
>>
>>381759
Linseed oil likes to spontaneously combust or something. Or some other electrical defect.
>>
>>381766
they don't even know what will be left, what will be usable, how can you make plans? you might be able to reuse part, you might not...
i'm absolutely fine if you say we will make a new Notre Dame, but saying you are already planning for it......
>>
>>381766
I suspect the wound would be deeper for the more religion folks, and even the rebuilt cathedral won't feel good enough for some.
I'm not a great reference in terms of mourning, so I can't really tell how long they'll take to make their peace.
>>
>inb4 Don't worry guys, our Muslim friends want to build Mosque there :))
>DIVERSITY is our strength!
>>
>>381774
We're not scraping that far down yet. Thanks for the vote of confidence, though.
>>
>>381772
At this stage it will be organising. Assembling lists of contractors, identifying funds available, establishing a network of people to coordinate the work.
>>
>>381774
plz fuck off already
>>
>>381774
>its still a place of worship for the same god hahaha it will be fine, praise allah!
>>
>>381774
Better than a Saudi Arabian funded Wahhabist terrorist mosques.
Actually, government funded/maintained/regulated mosques would be a good policy.
>>
>>381772
>saying you are already planning for it
They can start collecting material like plan's, schematics, 3D-scans, architects specialized on reconstructing gothic churches (they exist), stone masons, ...
>>
>>381773
Rebuilding cathedrals gutted by fire and collapse has been a thing as long as the cathedrals themselves have been.

I'm not Christian but I think the idea is that it is not the stones that make it a House of God. It is the faith of the people unified within.
>>
>>381779
Please die quickly
>>
>>381549

let's say they pile up the ashes and start selling it like framed or in boxes for 100 Euro a piece they would quickly gather the money for the rebuilding of what's left
>implying you wouldn't wanna have a piece of Notre Dame on your fireplace

what a timeline
>>
>>381779
Whyyyy
>>
>>381777
>t. muslim who got found out
>>
>>381782
>OH NOES A GUY WITH A GOOD IDEA
BURN HIM
Typical.
>>
>>381773
>I suspect the wound would be deeper for the more religion folks, and even the rebuilt cathedral won't feel good enough for some
The building is only stone and timber. The Church is the congregation who comes to offer their prayer and praise. This is an enormous loss to the history and culture of France and by extension Western Europe, but for the more religious among us it was scariest to think we lost some of those priceless relics. Fiscally, Culturally and Nationally its a tragedy thats just below 9/11, but spiritually Christendom will march on.
>>
>>381776 >>381772
>Linseed
i really like your optimism, i think at this stage all architech/engineer of france are speechless/crying/glue to the TV you sure can't process anything as far as making a planning of the reconstruction
>>
>>381773
Even as an atheist this is a great loss.
This wasn't just a church, this was a historical monument and an achitectural marvel.
>>
>>381784
Because that way you can control the moslems and their culture/beliefs/politics.

China does the same thing to Catholics, actually.
Kind of ironic.
>>
>>381783
>in the fireplace.
Probably too early. Fuck that, I'm going to hell anyway.
>>
>>381773
It is not about the church. That is a building. It was built for a purpose.
Depending on the strength and conviction of the community, it will be Reconstructed.
>>
>>381783
Capitalist ingenuity strikes again
>>
>>381776
Probably also collecting plans and 3D-scans.
>>
>>381783
Am I dumb or is this a genius idea?
>>
>>381788
Some people deal with trauma by working. It helps them focus to say 'okay this is a terrible thing. How can we fix it?'
>>
>>381781
That's probably why churches have to be consecrated before use and will be officially desecrated after decommissioning.
Practically: The community will use this building now.
>>
>>381790
You can also try it in another country, because that is a comically blatant 1st Amendment violation.
>>
>>381794
You think they've got detailed scans of the building? It IS a public structure.
>>
>>381798
>1st Amendment
We are talking about Le France.
>>
>>381799
Yes, there was event a tweet about it.
>>
>>381797
It's a cathedral, Paris already owns it. The Church just has exclusive rights to it, or something like that.
>>
>>381783
They will probably use all usable stones and other material again.

Collecting 105 Million € for a reconstruction project because the government was unwilling to pay the facade.
(They upped the sum a few times because people donated so much, so that further pieces (like towers) and inner facade details could be added.
https://berliner-schloss.de/en/donation-facts/
>>
So how long is it gonna take them to rebuild it? Like assuming they're just gonna rebuild it as it was and not make any major changes to it.
>>
>>381801
Nice save. The main question, then, would be the artefacts within.

I heard from the deputy mayor that the clergy were rushing to pull as much from the building as they could before firefighters physically restrained them from entering for safety reasons.

It was a good call, considering that the roof fell in soon after.
>>
>>381804
Given the size and cleanup required, it should be feasible in a few years.
>>
>>381692
I think you mean 'foam'
>>
>>381804
Not as long as it took to build. Modern super cranes can make a hell of a difference.
>>
>>381802
I was talking more about the spiritual part of a congregation starting and stopping to use a specific building.
>>
>>381805
Supposedly the techniques used for coloring the windows has been lost, too (before the fire).
>>
Reminder that the Cathedral was sacked 1793 in the French Revolution by atheist antitheists who destroyed most of the actual historical treasures the Notre-Dame had, and it was abandoned and largely ransacked until a renovation was finished in 1870, nearly 80 years later. Nearly all of it is new and reconstructions of what was lost prior.

The Cathedral has been though worse and nothing of too much historical value was likely lost. Stop going like this is the original 1345 church facing it's first crisis.
>>
>>381799
Luckily the Cathedral is well studied.
>>
>>381808
>inb4 they decide to use period correct building techniques
>>
>>381746
>Since France quickly surrendered
FTFY.
>>
>>381810
They'll likely have to use different materials, but it shouldnt be hard to attain the same colors with modern glass working.
>>
>>381813
That would be silly. It took 200 years to build.
>>
>>381811
>by atheist antitheists
You mean, the peasants of
The Catholic clergy were a political force and they aligned themselves against the people of France.
>>
F
>>
>>381814
Funnily enough, Americans destroyed more building than the Germans during that war.
>>
>>381810
What is the difficulty?
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/why-colors-you-see-art-museum-cant-be-replicated-today-180953332/
>>
>still burning
reeee put it out you frog faggots
>>
>>381815
>Writes a big cheque.
>Whoever solves this scientific glass problem gets an additional prize.
>>
>>381819
I mean the Cult of Reason and Cult of the Supreme Being going on an anti-clerical crusade destroying anything deemed Christian during the Reign of Terror.
>>
>>381811
>Stop going like this is the original 1345 church facing it's first crisis.
Well there's basically nothing left of the cathedral except the walls, and those could go down too.
>>
>>381822
>Funnily enough, Americans destroyed more building than the Germans during that war.
A few.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rekonstruktion_(Architektur)
>>
>>381581
Kek
>>
Any news on why the fire started?
>>
>>381831
It started shortly after workers had left for the day, there wasnt any sort of event going on either. Its probably going to be a few days before we hear anything
>>
>>381831
Fire kinda prevents investigating its source while it's still ongoing. Accidental renovation fuckup is likely.
>>
>>381831
Current assessment is that it was associated with the renovation in progress.
>>
many on live reports talk about the slow arrival or the firefighters? any news? is it true?
>>
>>381827
Yes that is something beyond and that was stupid.
But also the general people of France were not very pleased with the clergy that had always sided against them when they were fighting for better living conditions.
>>
>>381835
Paris is literally hell to drive through, even for firefighters. I'm not surprised it took them too long.
>>
>>381822
Just explaining why France wasn't bombed to hell and back like England.
>>
>>381835
Seems to me, the main problem was lacking water pressure, after they arrived.
They couldn't operate as much water hoses as they wanted.
>>
>>381831
they have to find one of the workers in the wreckage, brother.
>>
>>381835
I started watching when it had just started, there was no water jet visible for a long time and it went up like a cardboard box.
>>
CBS has news from the BBC, the Parisian Arch Diocese says they successfully saved a great many artworks from the building.

Parisian Fire services say it's looking more optimistic than it was an hour ago that the structure can be saved.
>>
>>381828
That's similar to the condition it was in before, it took a beating back then and was actually last partially sacked and burned again in 1831 and later in 1848 by some rioters before renovations started the following year.

It'll be fine, there's enough cash going around for it to be rebuilt in a decade or two, maybe three when the next depression happens.
>>
Stone masonry may be shit at insulation, but at least it can tank fire damage for a while.
>>
>>381843
Good news. I'm still positively surprised nobody appears to have been injured or has died so far.
>>
>>381842
that's so sad...i don't know where are located the fire station in central paris
>>381840
seeing the height of the building there is all the probability
>>
>>381846
It started in the roof (far from exits) and late in the day on a Monday. Combined with the large number of access points (and the size of the doors) and it's a good bet everyone got out.
>>
from cbsn
official: main structure "saved and preserved"
>>
>the message of Hugo's novel was that all of this terrible shit may be happening but it's irrelevant because Notre Dame will outlive all of the characters
>>
I'm watching BBC live and fire brigage saying they've saved the rest of the stone and towers. They're starting to control it.
>>
>>381845
>Stone masonry may be shit at insulation
for a Church, it's perfect, cold during summer, cold during winter but not too much.
>>
>>381850
>based and preserved
>>
>>381846
One firefighter was severely injured by a falling burning beam.
>>
>>381850
>>381852
well that's good
>>
>>381856
That sucks but I was thinking civilians
Well firefighters are civilians too
You know what I mean
Whatever doesn't matter, hope the guy makes it.
>>
>>381858
>Well firefighters are civilians too
Ashtually! Firefighters from Paris are an exception in France since they are part of the army. Still a sad news but seeing only one injured for such a disaster is impressive
>>
>>381853
It gets very hot during a crowded service.
Without any heating at all, you get super toasty just from combined body heat.
>>
>>381863
Maybe a bit too toasty.
>>
>>381864
Boooooo
>>
>>381864
Eeeey, I'm not the only one going to hell today. Cheers mate.
>>
imagine ure one of the construction workers who left his cig there still it before heading of
>>
>>381867
Man I really wouldn't wanna be that guy. That said, were they doing welding up there? Feels more likely to be the cause if that is the case.
>>
>>381867
France doesn't pratice sepukku, but it's pretty good with angry mob
>>
>>381549
So how long will it take to rebuild the thing? Officials are saying that the roof has completely collapsed, it's beyond repair at this point.
>>
paris fire marshal says belfry towers are safe
firefighters on the left tower roof with flashlight, just on msnbc
>>
>>381869
Probably not welding but waterproofing the roof with SBS sheets (fixed with butane burner).
>>
>>381872
"Rebuild" is definitely the right word, here. They'll have to start from practically zero.
>>
>>381872
>>381808
>>
Any idea on how long its going to take/expensive its going to be to repair?
>>
>>381877
A while
Very
>>
>>381875
Latest from local officials. The roof, spire, and pretty much anything inside is gone, but the walls, exteriors, and most importantly the two towers have been saved.

Notre-Dame lives.
>>
>>381875
I wonder if it just wouldn't be more practical to tear the cathedral walls down and rebuild those, too.
>>
what supreme act of incompetence brought us to this point?
>>
>>381881
It's really sad the cathedral part was lost but I think people would've really been in despair if the bell towers fells.
>>
Jesus christ, imagine being one of the firefighters who has to go in and save fucking notre dame.
>>
>>381887
Can't wait for the movie starring Chris Pratt who is a recent American transfer
>>
Oh for my sake, first my stigmata start acting up and now this?

Fuck that, dude, no Easter this year.
>>
>>381634
>bobbysoprano.jpg
>>
>>381888
>not casting The Rock
>>
>>381887
Imagine being one of those firefighters, and when you finally end everything, you enter and see the cross still standing welcoming you can't post the pict, my bad
>>
>>381888
literally gonna happen dude. wp
>>
>>381877
Long process, but we should not worry about the money, France will funnel ton of money and will also get support from the UE, Vatican and l'Unesco
>>
>>381895
I picture Christ on the cross being like "Dude finally do you have any idea how hot I was in here?"
>>
>>381883
Oh yeah, someone on the renovation team is going to eat some shit soon.
>>
OBTW, the al-Aqsa mosque also caught fire today.
>>
>>381887
firefighters are so fucking based
>>
>>381909
what the fuck is happening
>>
>>381909
>>381912
someone alert westminster abbey
>>
>>381912
It was contained very quickly, though.
>>
>>381909
pagan houses of worship are burned every day, but you dont see any reports
just more proof that the media is owned by the united abrahamic religious front
yes i'm talking about deforestation
>>
Soo when do we invade France inorder to secure all that dope ass art

They cant be trusted with that shit anymore obviously
>>
why is a crowd forming to pray? it's just a structure, unless you are praying for the injured pompier then literally btfo and leave
>>
Let's face the facts. People are only butthurt seeing Norte Dame going up in flames is only because it's old. If this was a 20 years old church, this would be a local story.

The good thing is the people in charge are just going to rebuild it and not dwell on the fact that the original was destroyed. Good for the French for already saying they're going to rebuild it and don't give a shit about nay Sayers who say 'It won't be the original'.
And double fuck you to /pol/ for trying to politicize the even to push their Islamophobia.

>>381783
Now this is what evil is called.
>>
>Trump's comment on the fire
Why does he always have to talk like a know it all and you're clueless?
>>
>structure is safe
>1/3 of roof is still intact
>Bronze Statues safe
>Relics were saved
>East and West wing windows glass in lead safe

Hmm, not that bad for a fire that magnitude. Also remember that the tower and most of the roof is from the 19th century.
>>
>>381916
Zar iz a bolde statemente, sacrebleu.
>>
>people are only butthurt because a half-millenia old structure went up in flames and are sad because the original won't be preserved
yes.... yes they are. Are you some sort of retard who visits a museum and leaves because old shit is boring?
>>
>>381917
People like being involved in drama.
>>
>>381679
Fucking assholes did it. That’s for sure
>>
>>381549
This is an awful tragedy, I am hoping there is some way to restore some of it at least.
>>
>>381549
Fuck you Varg!
>>
>>381933
Holy shit, he does live in France after all.
This timeline is just crazy enough to allow it.
>>
>/pol/ppets already attempting to scapegoat Muslims.
As expected.

Fun fact, the roof is made out of lead while almost everything underneath was wood and stone. There's an extremely high probability that during the renovation, work teams were welding damaged part of the lead roof to repair it and the heat transfer caused the wood under underneath to catch fire.

The reason why fire fighters were so slow to respond in putting out the fire was because they were focused on saving as many artifacs as possible first. Which they did in terms of the paintings.

>>381929
Some of the stone structure survives. So what you're going to see is them tear down most of it and just rebuild a replicate. Which is how it should be. Since it's not the the building itself that matters, but what it represents.
>>
>>381576
Yes, imagine the most elaborate and beautiful rpg or fantasy/horror scene you ever saw illustrated or created as a set piece, and realise that this cathedral was more beautiful and fearsome than any of them.

I wish I had seen it in person before this happened. and I hope they are able to rebuild most of it. If I was still able to cry I would want to for all the incredible art that has been destroyed. I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and a miserable feeling over this at least.
>>
>>381921
>let's take the water
>AND DUMP IT ON THE BUILDING
>>
>>381935
They are going to rebuild it (Macron just said it0 and the structure as well as the towers are safe.
>>
>>381938
At least he didn't use it to brag about himself and try and shill for asbestos.
>>
>>381615
You know Quasimodo predicted all this...
>>
>>381671
>Underrated post.
>>
>>381627
Scalding? They might even bring back the guillotine for the people who did this.
>>
Lel a Mosque in Israel/Palestine is burning now too.
https://www.newsweek.com/notre-dame-fire-aqsa-mosque-1397259

The muslims were laughing on facebook about the Notre Dame. Guess they are not laughing now...
>>
>>381941
>and try and shill for asbestos.
im sure this was in the first draft of the tweet, but was removed because he couldn't remember how to spell it
>>
>>381935
It's the ship of theseus. The cathedral has been fixed, mended, remodeled, and rebuilt many times. It is still Notre Dame.
>>
>>381947
Maybe God is trying to teach us a lesson.
Or maybe it was some common enemy that both Christians and Muslims share.
Still very weird.
Stuff like this is how you get crazy conspiracy theories.
Anyway, let's hope the Palestinians can manage the fire better.
Dudes, are probably way better prepared with all that experience they got fighting fires from rockets and shit.
>>
>>381935
>Since it's not the the building itself that matters, but what it represents.
No, I think it's actually the building that matters here.
It was briefly a "Temple of Reason" during the French Revolution, but it never stopped being a priceless work of art. The Catholic Church has gradually lost all relevance, but good 13th century stonemasonry is becoming increasingly rare.
>>
>>381954
>Or maybe it was some common enemy that both Christians and Muslims share.
Oy!
>>
https://imgur.com/a/AMB5lHw
>>
>>381957
nice rape, Sansa, very nice
>>
Well it seem the fire is dying down. Not sure how damaged it is considering most of it is made of stone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIXxTrAa9nc
>>
https://i.imgur.com/vY0UxpI.jpg

Everything was planned
>>
>>381671
Wow...

Epic burn :P
>>
>>381960

Will cost millions to restore, but what has been lost is priceless.
>>
>>381965
What was saved is equally so.
>>
>>381554
J. M Lepen inside
>>
>>381627
God's will.
>>
>>381640
Yea, worship the god that can't even prevent a fire.
>>
>>381887
Writing the script right now.
>>381910
Honestly this. They don't get enough credit for what they do.
>>
apparently, the dalmage isn't as bad as we first feared.We'll probably rebuild it anyway, but it's a bit ironic that this happends in the middle of it's renovation
>>
>>381965
Well the irony is that before the fire the church was having trouble getting the money to restore the building meaning that as iconic as NotreDame was most people didn't care about it, after this scare people got reminded of how important the church is as a Paris land mark and are probably going to give enough money to restore it in no time.
>>
He asked me if I'd ever been to Paris.

"Specifically, to the great cathedral of Notre Dame."

No? Well, you must. It is a very clever place.

We had a marvellous view of the cathedral, he was enthralled by it.

Look at it, he kept saying. Look at the genius of it.

Gargoyles, towers, steeples. Some of the windows are like eyes, or holes.

If you look for long enough you can't not see it: there are spikes on and in everything, there are beams and buttresses that seem stretched to breaking point, as if they're tormented...

Do you see it? Do you see what they've achieved?

They've built a giant machine of torture and terror, encrusted with everything the church wants you to be scared of.

All the things that'll happen to you in hell--
>>
>>381715
Time to buy stock.
>>
>>381975
Maybe the Holy See burned it down for the insurance money.
>>
>>381975
Wasn't the same thing happening when Victor Hugo first wrote about Notre Dame, which is why his book focuses so much on the architecture. It had fallen in disuse, people no longer respected it but after the book it became France's national symbol again.
>>
>>381841
...for you.
>>
>>381774
>>381778

You have to go back--->>>>/pol/
>>
>>381795
You are dumb. Notre Dame is not a fucking kickstarter project. It will be a mega multi billion dollar restoration with priceless unique works of art that were previously covering every inch of it.
>>
>>381795
For a personal scam? Sure. To actually raise the money to rebuild? Not in this lifetime. This will take more than 5 buck purchases of ash on Amazon, this will undertake several millions across several years. For all we know, in this lifetime we might never see Notre Dame back to its full glory.
>>
>>381976
That's a bit Reddit, isn't it? Gothic architecture is tall, airy, and detailed. The height is to aspire to heaven. The steep spires are a necessity of this because that's how the height to width ratios work out. The points and frescoes are to increase surface area, for more sculpture.

Its supposed to make you feel small. But not afraid. You'd understand if you went inside. Warm light and high walls, like a big, enveloping hug.
>>
>>381674
>To counter misinformation and fake news we create misinformation and fake news
I mean i always knew this place was full of idiots but what the hell boy you take the concept of head up your own ass to another level's own ass
>>
>>381992
It was in worse condition in the 19th century and was restored to the state everyone knows now after 30 years of renovation. Don't be fucking dramatic, It'll be within your lifetime by the time it's done.
>>
>>381625
Intelluctually corrupt youtuber who hates anything related to france.
>>
>>381549
Place your bets, did an atheist or a muslim do it?
>>
>>382019
Well said, friend.
>>381729
In all seriousness, muslims torching a part of french history would probably result in a revolt.
>>
>>381933

First person I thought of. The picture would make a bitchin black metal album cover.
>>
>>382021

An atheist-muslim.
>>
>>381978
I could definitely see some disgruntled individual finally snapping over it and deciding the only way they're gonna care is by destroying it in tradgey
>>
>>381978

Doesn't the French government own it?
>>
>>381552
they were trying to reduce the damage as simply pouring fuckton of water could damage the integrity of what's left
>>
What are the chances the French Gov will rebuild Notre-Dame with sprinkler systems et al. now?
>>
>>381786
kek
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:MobileDiff/892607876

Kek
Thank god he’s safe
>>
>>382037
Trump Cathedral is going to replace it.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:MobileDiff/892608089

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:MobileDiff/892607997

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:MobileDiff/892608141

This is a gold mine
>>
>>381549
Although this is a great loss for Paris and humanity as a whole I find that there is not much to worry about. The building is a testament to everything everyone has claimed in these threads and although it has gone through these damages it doesn't stand for anything less than it did before. The cathedral will be rebuilt to perfection and will stand for everything it did before. dozens of architectural masterpieces have been damaged or destroyed and are still testaments to history and humanities accomplishments. If Notre Dame was to not be rebuild and stood as a monument it would be just as great as it was 9 centuries ago.
>>
>>382048
based comforting anon
>>
>>382048
338th post best post
>>
whats the big flase flag conspiracy on this one?
jews did it to frame the muslims?
>>
>>382048
Except the original recipe for glass is gone and therefore glasses will not be the same ever again.
>>
>>382081
So
>>
>>381582
>It's going to be hilarious seeing him botch the condolences.
>Trump on twitter tells them to just dump tanks of water on it from the sky
>Pisses off the French so much the fire dept replies to him in english telling him that water being dropped on it like that would collapse the entire structure and not to tell them how to do their job
>>
WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE
>>
I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE
>>
The 1923 Lon Chaney movie comes to mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKQJdf8HeUw
>>
>>382091
>>It's going to be hilarious seeing him botch the condolences.
French fire department: 1 Trump: 0
>>
https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/15/notre-dame-cathedral-fire-flames-paris/

It looks like the vaulted ceiling acted as a firewall, protecting the cathedral interior from burning cinders. The damage appears to be to the roof and little else.

Imagine if the French had actually taken President Trump's advice and dumped several hundred gallons of water on that ceiling. Hot limestone + cold water when it's ALREADY lost its main structural members to the blaze...
>>
>>381549
Bonté divine! Super boules de feu!
>>
>>382107
>Imagine if the French had actually taken President Trump's advice and dumped several hundred gallons of water on that ceiling. Hot limestone + cold water when it's ALREADY lost its main structural members to the blaze...
I know right? It's the first fire to ever be put out by good intentions only
>>
>>381723
metal fire's, most likely copper and something else.
>>
>>382116
French fuel doesn't melt metal beams
>>
>>382115
Or maybe the President doesn't know the first thing about Gothic Architecture and fire resistance and tried to say something useful because he felt that he should.

Wouldn't be the first time his enthusiasm has gotten ahead of his brain. The traditional platitude to the Parisian Fire service would have been the safe option.
>>
>>382091
I heard if they raked the roof more often this wouldn't happen. It's what they do in Finland.
>>
>>382118
So if water is not suitable to put out the fire, what did they use?
>>
>>382118
>Or maybe the President doesn't know the first thing about Gothic Architecture and fire resistance and tried to say something useful because he felt that he should.
Maybe this also describes you, hypocrite
>>
>>382123
Some moss like stuff that burns and releases gas to suffocate the fire
>>
>>382123
even if water were suitable, what do you think happens when you drop several tons of something on a building on fire from a plane
>>
>>382118
I thought they gave a serious answer about why they couldn't do it. You could feel the "we know our job you don't" feel in it but the answer was courteous.
>>
>>382125
So they extinguished the fire by dumping flammable moss on to it?
Or you saying they extinguished the fire by letting it burn?
>>
>>381859
>Firefighters are part of the army
Brainlet here, does that mean that when france says "money to the army" it also giving money to the firefighters? Shit now i have to see if it's the same in my country and what other organizations counts as part of the army
>>
>>382132
>does that mean that when france says "money to the army" it also giving money to the firefighters?
In theory I guess. But only for a few brigates (Paris, Marseilles and those attached directly to the army). The great majority of the firefighters are civilian otherwise
>>
>>381951
>>381955
Nope, they're just going to rebuild it and keep calling it Notre Dame.

They've already got 300 million euros from donations. to rebuild.
https://www.apnews.com/0978e08a5e4848348cdb80745ab2ab8a
>>
>>382022
>In all seriousness, muslims torching a part of french history would probably result in a revolt.
Nah. It'd probably result in a extrajudicial execution and a cover-up.
>>
>>382145
Sweet Jesus.
>>
>Vienna's Cathedral of St. Stephen was severely damaged by fire in 1945, towards the end of the Second World War. Incendiary bombs and shelling had set the roof on fire, and the cathedral's original larch girders, said to be made from an entire forest of larches, were destroyed, as were the Rollinger choir stalls, carved in 1487. The building was rebuilt soon after the war.
>>
>>382151
got a source?
inb4 stormfront
>>
>>382147
Sadly it only came from 2 billionaires. It shows how the system is inherently flawed with wealth.
>>
>>382156
uh----that doesn't look like a source buddy
>>
>>382155
Or it literally shows that billionaires pay for shit for the rest of us while poor people just complain
>>
>>381634
Faith in socialist government? They're driven out of office peacefully?
That or faith in multi culti dogma and the Muslims are going to be driven out of France.
Either way, some hope.
Or something else entirely. Who knows.
>>
>>381634
Should we point out that Nostradamus litteraly mean "Notre Dame"
>>
im not sure whos going to pay for the renovation?
french parties have to borrow money from people, migrants suck out the social, is it possible it will ever be rebuilt?

>just imagine those 500 years old wooden elements
>>
>>382173
The fire wasn't even done that the French president was already anouncing its reconstruction. France ahs a lot of money despite crying it doesn't constantly. Billionaries already prepared 500 millions, States has its money, insurance are a thing and the population (even non French population) is even giving money. Would surprise me if teh Vatican, the Unesco and teh EU gave some bucks too.
>>
It's the next morning and French authorities have already ruled out arson and terror as possible causes according to USA Today.
>>
Varg is still living in France

Just saying
>>
>>381814
Eh, they had just watched Poland fall in a month flat and knew they were outgunned. Their options were either A. keep fighting and get curbstomped, or B. surrender and GTFO with as many valuables and pieces of military hardware as they could.
>>
>>381751
The same reason most road work is done at night. Not as many people around to get in the way.
>>
https://mobile.twitter.com/cheyennecarron/status/1118051428361211904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-253699531390815432.ampproject.net%2F1904091426070%2Fframe.html

The rose windows are totally intact. It seems that nothing irreplaceable was destroyed!
>>
>>382203
What the hell! Guess it must be damaged by the heat but it's really impressive how sturdy the building is.
>>
>>381549
But nobody is going to talk about the destruction of monuments on middle east...which were not accidents, but destroied on purpose.
>>
>>382010
>implying the diabetes won't kill him first
>>
>>382205
People talked quite a lot when Irak's ruins were destroyed, or when the Afghans' Buddha were destroyed.
>>
>>382208
Much less than this. Nobody was hurt here after all...
>>
>>382209
Western nations get outsized coverage, control, and sympathy from the media. Events with hundreds or thousands of people dying have gotten less coverage than this has.

It's disappointing but not surprising since the media is controlled by the West and they have their own interests at heart.
>>
>>382217
At the end of the day 0.0001% of the world's teddybear deaths that would happen anyway has nothing on a fundamentally important part of its history. Those outside of Europe and east Asia breed more than enough to cover their losses and then some, hence why people aren't half as sympathetic.
>>
>>382220
>fundamentally important part of its history
More important and older shit was destroyed in the World Wars but no one's lacking now because of it. The Notre-Dame is important if you're Catholic, a historian or architect, or a French nationalist. Otherwise it has little if any influence on your life.
>>
>>382169
It shows how the state robs tons of money and even has the gall to beg for more.
>>
>>382230
That money belongs to the state. It literally has the state's name printed on it.
>>
>>382204
The stonework is fitted limestone - it predates mortar. This makes it homogeneous, and thus INCREDIBLY resilient to heat. Modern buildings have lots of different materials that respond to heat differently, which causes stress to build up inside the structure when it's heated, making it more vulnerable.

What I'm most amazed about is the vaulted ceiling. It's actually supported from above by the roof timbers, but those burned...and the ceiling held anyway, protecting the priceless religious artefacts in the the cathedral below.

It could have been so much worse.
>>
>>382217
You mean the Western media covers Western events?
>>
>>382221
I was talking about middle east. But I'd disagree about Pakistan. Cities, hospitals and universities there are sometimes even more advanced than European.
>>
>>382250
>Cities, hospitals and universities there are sometimes even more advanced than European.
You can't be serious if you are talking about Western Europe.
>>
>>381913
Underrated
>>
>>382225
>The Notre-Dame is important if you're Catholic, a historian or architect, or a French nationalist.
So, roughly one out of six people? Not counting random people that don't fall in any of those categories. You don't need to be Catholic, a historian, an architect or a French nationalist to appreciate art.
>>
the notre dame is important if you care at all about the heritage of western europe or christianity

i don't give a fig about either of these but a lot of people do
>>
>>382276
Not a christfag but I liked the stained glass.
>>
>>382269
>six of the classical Seven Wonders of the World have been destroyed
It hurts.
>>
we did it bros
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/16/tech/conspiracy-theories-notre-dame-cathedral-fire/index.html
>Conspiracy theories about the origin of the fire were also abundant on the internet message board 4chan, where users resorted to using trolling tactics that are designed to aggravate the media.
>>
>>382282
Maybe the media shouldn't go on 4chan if it aggravates them so much
>>
>>381643
>"A water reservoir, covered with a lead roof, is located between the two towers, behind the colonnade and the gallery and in front of the nave and the pignon. It can be used to quickly extinguish a fire."
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre-Dame_de_Paris#Modern_history

I'm not seeing that text at the link, has it been deleted for some reason?
>>
>>382282
>internet message board

How long before they start screencapping 4chan posts in their stories. Imagine being an actual CNN reporter in 2019 lol.
>>
CNN reported seeing Ilhan Omar (D) with a gas can before the blaze set out.
>>
>>382265
>>382271
I live in Western Europe. And you've probably weren't in Pakistan, you also didn't read anything about the state and it's order.
>>
>>382303
I guess he picked the wrong header? It's under "Towers and the spire".
It was added on 4 August 2018, by user SiefkinDR.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Notre-Dame_de_Paris&diff=next&oldid=853385779
>>
> people crying about a church burning when others have burned down in numerous REAL hate crimes witnessed from both the black and muslim communities with no mass report from the msm
> billions that is being spent on church's repairs can go feed many of France's poorest
> no one will care about this in a week
>>
>>382366
You think that only black and muslim communities are terrorists?
Remember the video "collateral murder".
>>
>>381976
where is this monologue from ?
>>
>>382392
Without knowing the source, I'd guess it's from the Hunchback (novel). It looks like the kind of stuff Victor Hugo might have written for 800 pages.
>>
>>382397
Doubt it. Hugo's novel was a glowing love letter to Notre Dame. That passage reads like a Reddit creepypasta. It makes the carbedral look frightening and ominous.
>>
【Notre Dame was not demolished in France, it collapsed out of shame.】
I reached the conclusion that the cathedral of Notre Dame was not demolished by fire; it crumbled out of shame. Out of shame for the French ignorance towards the yellow vests. It broke down knowing its greatness didn't do any good.

【En France, la Notre-Dame n'a pas été détruite, elle s'est écroulée de honte.】
Je suis convaincu à présent que la cathédrale Notre-Dame n'a pas été détruite ; elle s'est écroulée de honte devant l'indifférence de la France pour les Gilets jaunes. Elle s'est écroulée sachant que sa grandeur n'était d'aucun secours.
>>
>>382658
The cathedral is still standing and more than half a billion euros have been donated towards it's repair and restoration.

Take your concern troll copypasta somewhere else. The world cares about Our Lady of Paris. It doesn't care about you.
>>
France's national tragedy has warmed its philanthropic heart. The country's wealthiest tycoons and some of its biggest companies reached into their pockets on Tuesday in a spontaneous series of pledges to help rebuild Notre-Dame, after the Paris cathedral was gutted by a huge fire the previous evening. The corporate generosity is particularly striking given that this kind of high-profile benevolence is less common in France than elsewhere.
[...]
Helping to restore a symbol of national pride makes moral sense. Given France's ongoing civil strife, rebuilding Notre-Dame is also a good way for its richer citizens to show they are giving something back. The shame is that it took the near-destruction of a national monument to unfreeze their wallets.
(quoted from Reuters)
>>
>>382663
>more than half a billion euros have been donated towards it's repair and restoration
everyone accused the jews of doing WTC when they found out that the insurance paid off $5billion on the event. now the pope gets "more than half a billion euros have been donated" in under a day and nobody is suspicious about why the fire started. as if the catholic church needed to have more free money given to it, its already in possession of an enormous cache of private wealth worth tens of trillions.
>>
Its over a billion now.
Who here buys the narrative that the pope was too poor to rebuild one of his showpiece cathedrals otherwise?
>>
>>382922
Are you sure the Roman catholic Church owns Notre-Dame Cathedral? pretty sure it belongs to the Government of France.
>>
>>382996
>what do you mean follow the money?
>the pope isn't even involved at all!
>the church isn't going broke from pedo payouts
hey pontiff whatcha doin?
>>
>>382922
>everyone accused the jews of doing WTC when they found out that the insurance paid off $5billion on the event.
To be fair, the insurance money was paid to a Jew, Lucky Larry Silverstein, who someone was lucky enough to "have his wife insist he stay home that day" when every other day he would have breakfast at the top of the wtc.
In addition to this fact, Larry had just leased the wtc shortly before and sued the insurance company to get the payout twice. And won. He claimed two airplanes meant two payouts.
And jetfuel doesn't melt steel beams.
So yeah, I blame a Jew for that
>>
>>383091
>And jetfuel doesn't melt steel beams.
The entire post was just as much of an ironic fedora tip. might as well have left this bit out.
>>
>>383091
thats easy to say thats what you know 20 years after 9/11. 20 years from today you'll know the story of how the pope decided to burn a cathedral to get free money and take focus off the pedo story.
>>
Julian Assange - France political asylum - CIA sends message
>>
>>383118
Not saying the pope didn't pedo it up, just saying that lucky Larry planned 9/11
>>
>>383120
Easy to say that now, but did you know that they guy who shot Ronald Reagan in March of 1981, only two months after his inauguration, was the son of Vice President George Bush's top campaign contributor in the 1980 Republican primaries? If Reagan had died then George Bush would have become president.
Its now 40 years after the fact and nobody ever thought much of it, seems strange if you ask me. The shooter is walking around a free man too, just absurd.
>>
>>382392
It's an abbreviated monologue to fit the topic, the original is from Garth Ennis' new work A Walk Through Hell.

A detective is relating her experience with a captured Nazi's reminiscences of Paris and Notre Dame from the war.
>>
>>382703
Unless they can donate a time machine, the cathedral is still going to be out of commission for maybe a decade or two.
>>
>>383489
French president proudly claimed he wanted it done in 5 years
>>
>>383493
That's what politicians do. Experts don't agree.

I'm proudly claiming I want my harem up and running in 5 years, doesn't mean it's going to happen.
>>
What's happening now is the major clash of two worlds.
>>
>>383507
You know, Quasimodo predicted all this.
>>
>>382663
French billionaires eagerly donate a lot of money to reduce tax payments. Is this not shameful?
https://blogs.mediapart.fr/maxime-combes/blog/170419/notre-dame-un-telethon-des-milliardaires-totalement-indecent
>>
>>384073
So, they shouldn't support the rebuilding?
>>
>>384309
France is the country of seething. If something isn't perfect, they'll complain. They don't really expect things to be perfect as they are pretty pessimist, but they hate how it isn't.
>>
>>384315
dunno about paris faggots, we're pretty cool about it in the south
>>
>>384315
Until they forget how it should be.
>>
>>384315
Don't care. Fix the cathedral.
>>
>>384309
If Notre-Dame is a symbol of religious philanthropy and France's unity, it must be reconstructed many times. But now Notre-Dame becomes a symbol of capitalistic egoism and class divide, so it should be vanished.
>>
>>381552
water will damage the weakass cathedral
>>
>>384528
>becomes a symbol of capitalistic egoism and class divide
I don't understand this. So you expect billboards to go up or something? Or a fence so that only rich people can attend services?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.