[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 27 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-zealand-mosque-shooting-criminal-charges-spreading-livestream-video-online/

>Wellington, New Zealand -- Six people appeared in a New Zealand court Monday on charges they illegally redistributed the video a gunman livestreamed as he shot worshippers at two mosques last month. Christchurch District Court Judge Stephen O'Driscoll denied bail to businessman Philip Arps and an 18-year-old suspect who both were taken into custody in March. The four others are not in custody.

>The charge of supplying or distributing objectionable material carries a penalty of up to 14 years imprisonment. Arps, 44, is scheduled to next appear in court via video link on April 26.

>The 18-year-old suspect is charged with sharing the livestream video and a still image of the Al Noor mosque with the words "target acquired." He will reappear in court on July 31 when electronically monitored bail will be considered.

>Police prosecutor Pip Currie opposed bail for the 18-year-old suspect and said the second charge, involving the words added to the still image, was of significant concern.
>>
>New Zealand's chief censor has banned both the livestreamed footage of the attack and the manifesto written and released by Brenton Harrison Tarrant, who faces 50 murder charges and 39 attempted murder charges in the March 15 attacks.

>CBS News's Aimee Picchi reported that while the attack was livestreamed, the video was viewed fewer than 200 times, according to Facebook executive Guy Rosen, the company's vice president of integrity. Rosen said that during the live broadcast, the service "did not get a single user report... This matters because reports we get while a video is broadcasting live are prioritized for accelerated review."

>The video was viewed about 4,000 times before Facebook blocked it from the service, he added. The first report came in 12 minutes after the video ended.
>>
Hobbits going full Oceania. Cool.
>>
>>381547
goodness gracious
>>
>>381547
Pathetic.
>>
Nothing wrong with this as long as it is transparent.
Seems to me like faggots on here lack empathy. They see it as something that could never happen to them.
Imagine if you were part of any kind of political group and some faggot posted a twitter picture of you, and then other faggots started posting violence inciting propaganda trying to get others to kill you.
You wouldn't be so cavalier about
>MUH FREE SPEECH
then.
>>
>>381560
>tfw we live in the future where Melkor won in the end
>>
>>381731
>then other faggots started posting violence inciting propaganda trying to get others to kill you.
I'd wait at home with my shotgun for them to show up.
>>
>>381731
it could also be argued that the various governments train kids to drop and play possum specifically to get them killed.
it only makes sense to hit the floor if there are police around so you don't mess with their line of fire, if you are on your own escape if possible, arm and ambush if you can't
>>
>>381878
>arm and ambush if you can't
Yeah I'll just reach into my Jansport backpack and pull out my Walther PPK so I can take up a favorable firing position for when a shooter ambushes third period chemistry.
>>
>>381731
I wouldn't be cavalier about it, but I wouldn't ask the government to ban it either. I certainly wouldn't ask for those who have sinned against me to be charged.
>>
>>381731
people post

KILL ALL WHITE MEN
KILL ALL WHITE PEOPLE

etc on twitter all the time
>>
>>381731
Great, and when they try to do something about it I can defend myself with my guns that I am free to own and use. Better to die fast in a shootout and have a chance at killing some of your enemies than go to gulag for your entire fucking life and die slowly because of "say bad thing", but hey you do you, some of us just don't like the taste of leather, shoe polish and dick that much.
>>
>>382001
>>381871
So then would you be OK if CCW was legal and all brown people started carrying?

Maybe you two would, but I have a slight suspicion that the racists would not like that. After all, gun control was first implemented to restrict minorities from carrying.
>>
>>382004
>So then would you be OK if CCW was legal and all brown people started carrying?

Yes. What are you, racist?
>>
Arrested for showing the truth about an event? If that is not scary I do not now what is...
>>
>>381890
sharp, pointy, or heavy; slash, stab, or bludgeon; in any room are plenty of things that can be used as a weapon.
will everyone magically survive if they fight? no
but instead of the gunman being able to kill everyone unopposed, some would survive, maybe even most if he is overwhelmed fast enough; there will be injury, there will be death, but the point is there will be less of those if people defend themselves
>>
>>382001
>I'll die in a shootout
incels actually believe they would do this
>>
>>382074
Some do.
>>
>>381994
and how does that amount compare to the equal and opposite on /pol/ and similar places?
>>
>>382036
sad!
>>
>>382040
People tend to not try and defend themselves if they are sure to die. With a gun as defense you are not sure to die.
>>
>>382095
Given the premise I would conclude that it is equal and opposite
>>
So terrorism is super effective in NZ got them to censor themselves and ban assault weapons also had the prime minister wearing a hijab.

If people were not so reactionary terrorism would be much less prevalent but the sad truth is that thanks to weak minded fearful people terrorism works
>>
>>381731
Nothing at all happened in China 30 years ago today, nothing at all. Don't post about. Don't talk about it, don't share videos or photos of it. It never happened
>>
Some Americans may have felt uneasy 35 years ago when DUI laws, DWI checkpoints, seatbelt laws, and car liability insurance laws were started, but most people felt that the experts must be right. Pro-police state shows like "COPS" and "America's Most Wanted" were then aired, neighborhood watch groups were formed, "get tough on crime" candidates were elected, and laws allowing mandatory minimums, IMBRA, 3 strikes laws, curfews, police militarization, teen boot camps, school metal detectors, private prisons, and chain gangs were enacted. Nanny state smoking laws then started appearing. When 9/11 happened, the Patriot Act was passed, NSA wiretapping, no knock raids, take down notices, no fly lists, terror watch lists, Constitution free zones, stop and frisk, kill switches, National Security Letters, DNA databases, kill lists, FBAR, FATCA, Operation Chokepoint, TSA groping, civil forfeiture, CIA torture, NDAA indefinite detention, secret FISA courts, FEMA camps, laws requiring passports for domestic travel, IRS laws denying passports for tax debts, gun and ammo stockpiles, laws outlawing protesting, Jade Helm, sneak and peek warrants, policing for profit, no refusal blood checkpoints, license plate readers, redlight cameras, speed cameras, FBI facial and voice recognition, tattoo databases, gun bans, the end to the right to silence, free speech bans, searches without warrants, CISPA, SOPA, private prison quotas, supermax prisons, FOSTA, sex offender registration laws, and sex offender restriction laws were allowed. Now that the USA is a total police state, Americans are finding out that changing anything is impossible and that freedom is lost forever.
>>
>>381547
Good its fucking awful sharing videos of shootings.
>>
>>381890
Playing dead doesn't work. So your options are flee, fight, or hide. Hiding may end in fighting anyway.
What else are you supposed to do
>>
>>384344
make absolutely sure never to be taken alive
see various cartel, mossad, islam, etc. torture vids for verification that being taken alive is an insanely bad idea
>>
>>381890
i remember an incident where a right wing Israeli nationalist went on a shooting in a mosque in Palestine,
when he stopped to reload a crowd of people rushed him and the mob beat him to death.
>>
>>381547
the rise in mass shootings if correlated with the attention they have been given.
so if you want to reduce mass shootings it seems the course of action to take is remove the attention.
>>
>>384639
Are you implying mass shootings weren't widely reported on before the past few years? Columbine was twenty years ago.
>>
>>384637
>RELOAD
>YOUR
>GUN
and they say vidya causes this...
>>
>>384683
Isn’t Columbine the source for some copycat attackers? That crazy chick who shot herself recently idolized columbine. And if anything, the media circus that goes on after every shooting happens is enough game for the shooters to soak in. Even Nikolas Cruz gets love letters in jail. Why should we give these assholes oxygen
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-reg-nikolas-cruz-prison-love-letters-20180327-story,amp.html
>>
>>384809
Because muh freedumbs

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.