[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 56 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: 1552626172674.jpg (58 KB, 648x360)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20190225/17305941673/new-florida-bill-seeks-to-bury-recordings-mass-shootings.shtml
Wed, Mar 13th 2019

New Florida Bill Seeks To Bury Recordings Of Mass Shootings

Florida legislators are thinking about handing some opacity back to Florida law enforcement agencies in the wake of the Parkland school shooting. The tragedy of the event was compounded by on-site law enforcement's response: that is, there wasn't any. Faced with increased scrutiny over a handful of mass shootings in the state, at least one legislator's response has been to bury the bad news under a new public records exemption. [h/t War on Privacy]

“In less than three years, Florida has seen the second-deadliest mass shooting – Pulse nightclub – and the second-deadliest school shooting – Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. One gunman killed five at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. Another killed five at a Sebring bank.

Yet Senate Bill 186 would create an exemption to the state’s public records law for all photographs and audio and video recordings that relate to the “killing of a victim of mass violence.” The bill defines mass violence as the killing of at least three people, not including the perpetrator. Violation would be a third-degree felony, punishable by up to five years in prison.”

cont.
>>
>>368973

Senator Tom Lee's bill is a gift to the government at large, even if law enforcement agencies and schools will be the most direct recipients of this largesse. If this "privacy protection" had been in place a few years ago, the public would have had no idea how badly the Broward County Sheriff's Department botched its response to the school shooting. Not only would that have kept the BCSD relatively free of criticism, it would have shielded its oversight -- state legislators -- from being asked what they were doing to prevent school shootings and/or ensure better response from those expected to serve and protect the public.

Supporters of bills like these claim it's all about protecting the privacy of crime victims and their families. But as the excellent Sun Sentinel op-ed points out, most requests to block release of recordings originates with governments and businesses rather than the victims and their loved ones. These requests have prevented the public from accessing key details in everything from Dale Earnhardt's Daytona crash to an inmate's death at the hands of jailers.

The law already blocks the release of recordings containing the death of a law enforcement officer. This addition could be read to cover any deadly incident in which more than one person is killed. Any whistleblower releasing recordings to show the public what really happened -- rather than the official narrative -- will now face felony criminal charges for doing the right thing. This isn't going to restore confidence in government agencies and their response to deadly incidents. All it will do is drive a wedge between them and the people they serve.

END
>>
What thread did you find the Christchurch shooting Livestream on?
>>
https://www.newsweek.com/christchurch-shooting-video-footage-watch-trauma-1364436

CHRISTCHURCH SHOOTING FOOTAGE: WHY YOU SHOULDN'T WATCH THE VIDEO, AND WHAT TO DO IF YOU DID
>>
>>368995

Dunno why 4chan won't let me post the article?
>>
>>368987

Seems the ONLY place on the Internet where one can see the video of the shooting in New Zealand is on /pol/ via webm clips.

Governments around the world are in full-lock down mode with the vids, forcing video hosting websites to remove the clips as soon as someone posts them.

Wonder what they're trying to hide?....
>>
They are not trying to hide anything by not allowing the videos to be viewable. They are trying to prevent the videos to be some kind of propaganda for the sick fuckers out there who might enjoy them.
>>
>>369003

It’s a newsworthy event and we’re all adults here (or at least most of us) and can decide for ourselves if we want to watch the video or not.

The government has no right or authority (at least in the U.S.) to strong-arm private websites into removing the video.
>>
That is untrue. You can watch the full livestream on ZeroNet CopyKate
>>
>>369011
>ZeroNet CopyKate

"Download our software!"

No thanks.
>>
Bruh can someone just poast a link to the full video.
>>
>>369003
Also with how widespread and curious children are it's reasonable not everything is a grand hoax
>>
>>369035
>widespread
The internet is*
>>
i did found this https://rudo.video/vod/bHeMrT
>>
Sites like 4chan and 8ch*n need to do more to moderate the content posted better.
>>
>>369043
So jannies need to do their jobs then? What a novel fucking concept.
>>
>>369003
But it doesn't matter their shitty intentions. They are still memory holing information. All this will do is cause more edgy future shooter boys to seek out the footage due to the taboo factor, and it will make it cool for kids to see on the sly. Humanity has always had a morbid fascination with death and big news stories like this are always big draws. Hell even during the dawn of the age of enlightenment kids used to gather in town square and watch people get exicuted, we are simply returning to a more barbaric yet normal behavior via technological means.
>>
>>369018

pls die? ZeroNet is safe if used correctly :D
his livestream has been uploaded to CK multiple times. safe 2 watch just try
>>
>>369035
> will someone please think of the children?!
>>
https://kiwifarms.net/data/video/694/694847-518a3baf6096388726e4e9ac7ca0336f.mp4
>>
>>368974
agreed all the way... we don't need further separation
>>
>>368995
great article, thank you wholesome 4channer
>>
>>368973
TORRENT FILE OF VIDEO: https://kiwifarms.net/public/junk/Christchurch%20Shooting.torrent

HIS WRITTEN EXPLANATION
https://files.catbox.moe/brq2e1.pdf

TORRENT FILE OF VIDEO: https://kiwifarms.net/public/junk/Christchurch%20Shooting.torrent

HIS WRITTEN EXPLANATION
https://files.catbox.moe/brq2e1.pdf
>>
>>369123
thanks i think its important to make footage of any kind available for everyone to see. Even if its that cruel.
>>
>>369129
but that's what the guy wants?
>>
>>369129
Why would you give the terrorist what they want?
>>
FULL video https://www.bestgore.com/murder/livestream-video-deadly-shooting-attack-mosque-christchurch-new-zealand/
>>
>>368973
This is another attempt to ban citizens from recording cops. Don't fall for it.
>This addition could be read to cover any deadly incident in which more than one person is killed.
This is basically grounds for police to seize any and all recordings you own if they fuck up and shoot someone. They're pushing it forward now because the media is in heightened trigger state.
>>
I need memes
>>
>>368998

Straight glow in the dark niggers
>>
>>369143
Because we need to stand for what we believe, no matter what they do. Freedom of press is one of those things I personally believe in. I don't care if terrorists are with or against that notion, that's besides the point.
>>
Last non torrent full stream I can find still alive

https://boost.catbox.moe/bsckol.mp4

Removing evidence doesn’t not remove existence
>>
>>369173

Thanks, man.

People need to watch this video, so that can see for themselves exactly what happens when the government disarms law abiding people thru "gun control" and leaves them defenseless (which is exactly why the vid is being pulled from every website…)
>>
>>369169
>freedom of the press
>with terrorism
Then discuss the political ideologies that gave rise to this act, not peddle his massacre.
>>
>>368998
The idea you shouldn't glorify mass shootings and desensitize people further to them.
>>
>>369068
Yes that's what people think
>>
>>368998
>Wonder what they're trying to hide?...
Probably the footage from the shooting? I thought it was pretty obvious
>>
>>369143
If a terrorist wanted you to breathe, would you asphyxiate yourself?
>>
>>369193
>>369200
>>369214

The Global Elite are freaking out and ordering the video be pulled from every website it pops-up on because they know that average people watching it aren’t thinking; “golly, we need more gun control”, they’re saying; “Fuck that! I ain’t going to get slaughtered like those helpless people, I’m buying a gun!”
>>
>>369216
Breathing isn't an act of terrorism. Spreading the killing is.
>>
>>369236
Sure as hell what im thinking
Rpg
Or a teflon or sumhin ffs im killing that fuck bustin back i want to have that chance
>>
wtf this is fked up but yeah that happen if u let guns free in the country
>>
>>369003
And what of YouTube videos of little girls doing gymnastics being passed around as beat-off material amongst pedophiles, right on the website?

The government doesn't care enough to step in and require YouTube to take steps to keep pedos from grooming kids...
but they care enough to step in and force websites to take steps to keep people from seeing this video because white supremacists might jerk off to it?
not a very consistent response.
>>
>>369358

yo stupid fuck! who do you think you are top demand from government to censure shit, you dont like?
>>
>>369242
Guess we should delete every single video about 9/11 then.
>>
>>369236
Niggas have been keeping murder and violence from children for centuries in the modern era and pre-modern era fuck you talking bout
>>
>>369143
because consenting to infringing my rights so i can stick it to a guy halfway across the world is retarded
>>
>>369143
What the terrorist wanted (among other things) was for the US to start taking away their citizens rights due to his actions in what he hoped would cause an uprising.
Why would you literally give the terrorist what he wants, removal of more American rights?
>>
>>369143
This argument is retarded. If the terrorist shot a bunch of people because he wanted more law enforcement would you deny more law enforcement being needed because that's what he wanted?
If the terrorist started shooting everyone who didn't get vaccinated he thought everyone should get vaccinated would you force everybody to stop vaccinations, because allowing them is what he wanted?
Your argument is shit.
Who cares what he wanted.
It's about what we the people want and what's best moving forward
>>
>>369139
>>369143
>Why would you give the terrorist what they want?

It doesn’t matter what the killer (or government) wants, we have a right to know WTF is going on in our world and the government should not be censoring that information.
>>
>>369438
>keeping murder and violence from children

The governments are preventing ADULTS from seeing the video.

Your children are your responsibility, the Internet shouldn't be dumbed down to make it acceptable for little kids (otherwise 4chan would be first on list to be banned...)
>>
>>369445
>Why would you literally give the terrorist what he wants, removal of more American rights?

And yet that is EXACTLY what the government is doing by strong-arming websites into deleting this video.
>>
>>369451
Its like what you say to kids "well if jimmy told you to jump off a cliff would you do it?"
only your reversing it to "well jimmy told you not to jump off the cliff, are you going to really listen to what he wants?"
politicians who make policy like this are literal retarded children
>>
Banning mass shooting footage is the right thing to do, because that's what many mass shooters want. They want the media attention. They want the entire world to talk about them. When you take away their 15 minutes of fame, you take away one of their major motivating factors.
>>
>>369549
nice Streisand effect.
Your plan would only work in China.
The harder they try and ban it the more people are going to be curios and the larger impact it will be when they read/watch it
>>
>>369450
>Ohmahgerd
>why would the governemnt not allow the spread of a traumatizing piece of footage kn a platform frequented by children!???
>>
>>369558
google drive is also removing the video from their servers.
any adult who uploaded it to save has also had it purged
>>
>>369558
>platform frequented by children

So the Internet is now kindergarten?
>>
>>369549
No, they want you to live in fear. When you act in fear by frantically trying to censor them, you give them a sense of power, far beyond any petty, narcissistic, tendency they have of wanting to be noticed.
>>
>>368995
I’ll be honest, don’t watch it. I keep waking up having panic attacks since and I really thought I could deal with it. Also is 8ch down for anybody?
>>
>>369611
yeah that was only momentary while the FBI seized the servers and took control.
but its working, ive been having fun posting troll threads in 8/pol/ that look like FBI trying to bate people.
I want them all to be paranoid AF for the lulz
>>
>>368973
>>368998
>>369003
>>369006
>>369059
>>369150
Better this than more gun laws. At least this is acknowledging the actual problem of these internet social media fueled mass killings in some way, though I don't think it will really do any good.
>>
So this is where all the bullied 14 year olds spend their time shouting nothing at nobody.
>>
>>369029
Not if we live in Florida, apparently.
>>
>>369619
You are doing God's work, good anon
>>
>>369003
it could be they're trying to hide something, it could be they just don't want to give the guy any attention. Anyone who makes a fucking manifesto before they do this shit, you know that person wants an audience.
>>
>>368998
Links to the actual stream are still all over /pol/. Someone just posted one a few minutes ago. Ive watched it so many times Im bored of it now.
>>
>>369043
or maybe you could fuck off better
>>
>>369006
>The government has no right or authority (at least in the U.S.) to strong-arm private websites into removing the video.
And they don't. Private websites are declining to support a psychotic manchild's manifesto of their own acxcord.
>>
If you didn't download the video immediately you don't deserve to see it.
>>
>>368973
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9HQC-ZxqaVs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe> this is why they want to hide the videos. the proof it's fake was witness by scrupulous investigation
>>
>>369802
ugh fucking shit board
>>
>>369043
Have you registered your name and address for the Day of Rope? Hurry time is running out.
>>
>>369046
They're too busy shilling. Besides they think NZ can be used as weapon for their propaganda, they have no issue with letting video roll.
>>
>>369043
or maybe you could go back to whatever normie faghole you crawled out of
>>
new zealand is threatening up to 14 years imprisonment for those who download/share the video or manifesto under the following law:
https://www.dia.govt.nz/Censorship-Objectionable-and-Restricted-Material
>>
there were paths of retreat that should have been utilized.
for those staying in the building there were enough people to take out the gunman unarmed using flanking, cover, and ambush.
unified fighting back could have cut casualties by 2/3, kudos to the one guy that at least tried to protect others.
curling up on the ground and playing dead is just a death sentence.
>>
they are now arresting people for sharing the video >>>/g/70207831
>>
Yea no thanks I'll watch whatever the fuck I want
>>
>>369856
Normally playing dead would be a valid idea. But this psycopath was shooting just to shoot. He shot dead bodies multiple times and even went back to his car to get a different gun
>>
>>370010

He is not a psycopath , he was shooting muslims .......
>>
Anyone has a link to his manifest?
>>
>>368995
Great video tbh
>>
Can't believe it, but the memes are here...

https://streamable.com/5505w
>>
>>370031
>Anyone has a link to his manifest?
>>369123
>>
>>369892
Here it is.
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1552941889288.webm
>>
>>369803
>>369802
English
>>
People are just panicked and promising things they cant deliver. They cant block all the footage.
>>
To Kiwifarms:

Good afternoon

I am hoping that you can help us with an investigation the New Zealand Police are working on.

On 15 March 2019 there was a shooting in New Zealand with multiple fatalities at two mosques in the city of Christchurch.

The alleged offender in this matter is a Brenton TARRANT.

At around the time of the shooting there were a number of posts and links posted on kiwifarms.net relating to the shooting and TARRANT

We would like to preserve any posts and technical data including IP addresses, email addresses etc linked to these posts pending a formal legal request .

Could you please advise what legal process you require for this request and also confirm preservation of the data requested pending legal process.

Kind regards

John

John Michael_
_Detective Senior Sergeant*
*E-mail: john.michael@police.govt.nz
>>
>>370176
Resopnse:

Is this a joke? I'm not turning over information about my users. The person responsible for posting the video and manifesto PDF is myself.

I feel real bad for you guys, you've got a quiet nation and now this attack is going to be the first thing people think of for the next 10 years when they hear the name New Zealand, but you can't do this. Tell your superiors they're going to make the entire country and its government look like clowns by trying to censor the Internet. You're a small, irrelevant island nation barely more recognizable than any other nameless pacific sovereignty. You do not have the clout to eradicate a video from the Internet and you do not have the legal reach to imprison everyone whose posted it. If anyone turns over to you the information they're asking for they're not only cowards, but they're fucking idiots.

My name is Joshua Moon, I'm a US Citizen living overseas. My company is contained within a Florida company. If you need an address to send physical documents to this works.

Lolcow LLC
913 Beal Pkwy NW
Suite A-1017
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547

If you're wondering, no. Kiwi Farms has nothing to do with New Zealand. Our name is a pointed jab at some of the mushmouthed autistic people we make fun of. Absolutely nothing about our community is NZ oriented.

And I don't give a single solitary fuck what section 50 of your faggot law say about sharing your email. Fuck you and fuck your shithole country.

- Josh
>>
>>370177
Response to kiwi farms:

Hi Josh

Appreciate your quick response.

Will definitely consider what you have said.

Regards

John

John Michael
Detective Senior Sergeant
E-mail: john.michael@police.govt.nz
>>
>>370010
the double tap (shooting them again once they are down) was pretty well known with various reporting stories critical of the military,
then the John Wick movies came out where practically everything was double tap for realism (because any of the armed people Wick was fighting would have been able to shoot him in the back if not finished off)
So really these days it would be highly unusual for a shooter not to double tap
>>
>mfw i hosted the video, manifesto, and thread for 4 days
>85k unique ips
>used up all 5tb of my server's bandwidth
>deleted all logs
come for me nz
>>
There is no way you're going to suppress the recording of what happens in the world with any bill or initiative. Give up now. -OR- I know! SUE THE LUMIERE BOTHERS' ESTATE
>>
>>370555

I read New Zealand and Australia will fine someone $200,000 and literally throw them in prison for 10 years, for possessing the video of the shooting.

WTF?!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.