[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 34 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

Scratch the surface of a conservative and underneath you will find someone who hates change -- scratch the surface of a liberal and underneath you will find an aristocrat

Students who are from families of Americas top 1% comprise a larger portion of the student body than all students from below the 60% in each of Americas 38 most prestigious universities.

Crunching the numbers this means that the group which in an egalitarian society would comprise 1/99th of the student body at this school instead compromise an amount roughly 6000x larger than would be expected.

Over in California, students of Stanford University are suing multiple other colleges for the recent massiv university-bribery scandal where rich people were paying bribes to get their children into school:

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/college-admissions-scandal-stanford-students-file-lawsuit-against-usc-yale-ucla-others/1848456827

The lawsuit was filed Wednesday in federal court in San Francisco and alleges the students were denied a fair opportunity for admission.

Erica Olsen and Kalea Woods say they were denied a fair opportunity to apply to Yale and USC.

They say the alleged scheme allowed "unqualified students" to be admitted to "highly selective universities."

The lawsuit also named the University of California, Los Angeles, Wake Forest, Georgetown University and others.

More than 50 people were charged earlier this week.
>>
>>368021
>Students who are from families of Americas top 1% comprise a larger portion of the student body than all students from below the 60% in each of Americas 38 most prestigious universities.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/18/upshot/some-colleges-have-more-students-from-the-top-1-percent-than-the-bottom-60.html
>>
>>368021
>Stanford students file lawsuit against colleges in bribery scandal
>>
>>368027
i posted the wrong link, second one meant to be in the first post
>>
>>368021
>top 1% comprise up to 60% of 38 Universities
>students who are from families of Americas top 1% comprise a larger portion of the student body than all students from below the 60%
>Crunching the numbers this means that the group which in an egalitarian society would comprise 1/99th of the student body at this school instead compromise an amount roughly 6000x larger than would be expected.

Man. Crunch some more.
>>
>>368021
>Students who are from families of Americas top 1% comprise a larger portion of the student body than all students from below the 60% in each of Americas 38 most prestigious universities.

https://i.postimg.cc/sgCFFJgF/Jews-in-college.jpg
>>
>>368078
>shut it down
>>
>>368078
Oy vey!
>>
>>368021
Rich people go to expensive colleges, whats new about this?
>>
America doesn't make college available to everyone so naturally the only people that go to them are people that can afford them, the majority being wealthy.
>>
>>368021
Yes, but here are some things that are not in any kind of statistic : conections between people as organizations or private preson is the same as asking the nighbor kid to cut the lawn.
You do not make a tender in the neighborhood but ask first your one left then right or the parish etc
If you are looking for a job and just does not find a right one searches in the known circle eg with parents, acquaintances etc

On the other side you are looking for people as an employer for people groups with whom you have made good experiences just like students of one kind of university or university that youself got a degree.

Yes, there helps a public tender but in retrospect, sitting in the committees are people itself who may prefer a group of people for whatever reason.
And then you have the pay gap in this in big private companies there is always something wrong with this "system" but you can not weed it all out.
>>
>>368667
The problem is that the universities have committed themselves to consider the applicants neutrally according to their grades or entrance tests and not according to their family relationships with the university
>>
>>368716
And that's been bullshit ever since affirmative action existed
https://www.foxnews.com/us/harvard-discrimination-trial-reveals-ivy-league-schools-different-sat-standards-for-asian-americans
>>
>>368763
This is bullshit.
Tbqh unis should not even legally be allowed to ask ethnic information during application process just like they can't ask religious.
>>
>>368795
Can you guess the ethnicity of Ji-Ho Lee?
How about Tyrone Smith?
You're not always going to be right. There shouldn't even be names on the applications tbh
>>
>>368716
What is a legacy admission?
>>
>>368021
>scratch the surface of a liberal and underneath you will find an aristocrat
The hell does this even mean? Are you implying that the richer someone is, the more liberal they are?
>>
Honest question, what does this scandal have to do with conservatism and liberalism?

Also, where are the anime spergs? Is it suddenly okay now that a /pol/-approved poster is doing it?
>>
>>368899
308/5000
The hook is that the elite universities are private therefore they may in theory do what they want.

But if they cooperate with the state education system or commit themselves in their statutes they can be held liable either by breach of contract or unfair competition up to fraud.
>>
>>368820
Just use numbers like password for the entrance tests it is makeable without much fuss without personal data. If some diplomas/school grades are needed it can be proof after the test, evaluation.
The only thing is you would need a buffer of potenncial students which could move up if needed and that is easy when you see what else is going on there.
>>
>>368078
What's the argument for a white ethnostate again if they can't even achieve higher education?
>>
>>369213
i would imagine something along the lines of "if there were only white people here, they would be the only ones getting a higher education"
dunno tho, write a letter to Mr. Mosque McMurderson
>>
>>369224
Yeah but every time they pull out an IQ chart or some shit to show how blacks are retarded, they always leave out that jews and asians outperform whites every time. I just find it funny how by their own standards they don't belong in the ethnostate
>>
>>368978
This is the faggot that spammed news a few days ago to make space for his worthless politicized threads, easily identifiable by having a picture of spaghetti as the OP
>>
>>369227
Jews and Asians should also have their own ethnostates.

In fact, they already do.
>>
>>369294
I disagree. None of this would be a problem if whites weren't overwhelmingly incel.
>>
>>369314
Asian countries are far more incel than whites ever were and yet they are not in danger of having their entire demographic balance overturned in one generation because they haven't been importing immigrants en masse for decades.
>>
Anyone bribing to get in to USC is indeed a FOOL.

LOL.
>>
>>369119
If they only go by merit, there wouldn't be enough blacks admitted, and that would be racist.
>>
>>369294
There is no Jewish ethnostate. There is an ideological Jewish state.
When you're immigrating, they test your knowledge of the Torah. Not your DNA
>>
>>368903
>The hell does this even mean?

It’s a quote from Frank Herbert’s novel “God Emperor of Dune” and the implication is that Leftists / Liberals see themselves as elite nobles who part of an aristocracy and are of course smarter and better people then the overwhelming majority of humanity, (i.e. you and me) who are little more than ignorant peasants in need of the wise and benevolent Leftists / Liberals to tell them how to live.

“Liberal bigots are the ones who trouble me most. I distrust the extremes.
Scratch a conservative and you find someone who prefers the past over
any future. Scratch a liberal and find a closet aristocrat.”

— Frank Herbert —
>>
>>369213
> What's the argument for a white ethnostate again if they can't even achieve higher education?

The argument is that the majority population who founded the country and built it, are being unfairly shunted aside to make room for minorities such as Jews, Asians and Blacks.

Tell me how it’s even remotely conceivable that Jews are overrepresented by _1200%_ in elite American universities?

https://i.postimg.cc/sgCFFJgF/Jews-in-college.jpg

Do you honestly believe that Jews are THAT much more magically smarter then everybody else? Or maybe, it’s blatant and unabashed nepotism that is an integral part of Jewish culture?

Also, Asians cheat their asses off in college because it’s an acceptable part of their culture to take any advantage possible, while Blacks and Hispanics (even illegal aliens!) are being let in on straight-up politically correct quotas.

All of which denies actually qualified White students from gaining a education.
>>
>>369439
> these.arent.the.droids.youre.looking.for.gif
>>
>>369458
>Or maybe, it’s blatant and unabashed nepotism that is an integral part of Jewish culture?

hey. its well known fact and none of jews ever told it other way. so what the fuck are you blabering about your stupid piece of shit?
>>
>>369469

It's illegal for colleges and universities to discriminate, Schlomo.

Not to mention that they get bazillions of tax payer dollars in grants and tuition loans, if not straight-up tax payer funding.
>>
>>369337
>>369337
No it whould be not every family in US have some sort of alien background.
Just they adapted into the english system so the polish Andrzej Krzystof or so or german Hermann, Wilhelm, russian Ivan and Sergej change names over generation into english names just to fit in better into the new country.

If so they as descendants of each "immigrant wave into country" are still a way smaller minority as the black population and should be given access into university and than you get other proportions.
>>
>>369473
>It's illegal for colleges and universities to discriminate, Schlomo.
Well, it should be, but they openly discriminate in the form of filling racial quotas and having the standard if entry be different for different ethnicities
>>
So the poor are disadvantaged, who cares
>>
>>369482
racial quotas are unconstitutional in American college admissions.
>>
>>369489
Someone who could pay 10.000 $ up to -50.000 $ per semester (half a year),living costs not included to be called poor even in US is misplaced.
>>
>>368021
Wow the illuminati pay for they're kids diploma and get them a great undeserved position in one of their corporations. Rich people understand whats coming in our world and without a degree and a good job life will not be worth living...can you blame them? Don'i complain just get a degree!
>>
>>368021
Image sauce?
>>
>>369325
Asians are also repressed unless they're killing each other in wars that didn't happen please look away from the massive pile of raped corpses

Whites are the impulsive incel where as Asians are the submissive, repressed incel. One can't help himself from murdering others the other one can't get minutes without living a fake life
>>
>>369650
bolognese
>>
>>369650
I have many spaghetti waifus and as soon as some of my threads die on the board I can post more
>>
>>368021
>Erica Olsen and Kalea Woods say they were denied a fair opportunity to apply to Yale and USC.
I'll have to see their photos on Kalea Woods at least sounds like someone who got far more advantages than any privileged white person did in the admissions process.
>>
>>369491
>racial quotas are unconstitutional in American college admissions.
It is currently constitutional to consider skin-color in college admissions.
>>
>>369457
It's a dumb platitude anyways. And nihilistic to boot.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.