[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 33 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/13/health/un-global-environment-outlook-report/index.html

>The 700-plus page report is the sixth Global Environment Outlook and is the UN's most comprehensive report on the state of the global environment since the fifth edition in 2012. More than 250 scientists and experts from more than 70 countries contributed to the assessment.

>The picture is not all doom and gloom: The authors stress that we have the science, technology and money to protect the environment while supporting the nearly 10 billion people expected to call Earth home by 2050. And in many cases, it makes economic sense to make the changes necessary to ensure a sustainable future, they say.

>But it is people -- politicians, business leaders and members of the public -- who in many cases, continue to stand in the way of achieving those goals.

https://wedocs.unep.org/bitstream/handle/20.500.11822/27652/GEO6SPM_EN.pdf
>>
>>367767
I'm sure the UN also reports that the only solution is an equally "massive" deployment of global communism.
>>
>>367770
nope
try again
>>
>>367770
Boomer, get out.
>>
EARTH IS IN DANGER
QUICK, YOU MUST SHUT DOWN YOUR INDUSTRY AND GIVE US ALL YOUR MONEY

nice try UN kikes, not falling for that one again
>>
I've realised now that we deserve everything that's coming for us. Not sure if I enjoyed humanity while it lasted, but oh well.
>>
>>368187
And it's not like there aren't very obvious, very literal things we can do right now to mitigate it. We just won't, because we're fearful and stupid.
>>
>>368141
Nice straw-man fallacy dipshit.
>>
>>368141
Again?
>>
>>368141
kys boomer scum
>>
>>368201
4chan has just become a campaign site for far right extremists and industry shills.
>>
supply and demand, value comes from scarcity; the purpose of business/government is to create artificial scarcity. Diamonds once like sand on the beach were swept into warehouses till they had value, gold once plating everything sealed away until it had value, wildlife aka food once would walk up to you like a dodo to be eaten, now food is scarce enough to have a price at the grocer;
water once abundant and clean, now poisoned with fluoride so people have to buy safe water in bottles.
scarcity is value and profit is good
>>
>>367767
So if everyone from tree-hugging hippies and white supremacists and the world government are all in agreement that we need to act now, why is no one acting now?
>>
>>367770

Just pay your carbon taxes, give up your guns, and allow them to import millions of rapefugees, and it will all get better
>>
>>369148
MONEY
>>
>>369163
Don't forget to hold your farts in ...I'm trying to do my part. I fart in my co-workers office so it doesn't count against me.
>>
>>369148
>world government
>UN
The closest thing to a world government is in the boardrooms of multinational corporations.
>>
>>369148
Olds control all the money and they don't give a fuck, attacking their enshrined power, money and prestige by trying to assign blame for climate change (and actually combat it) is the worst crime possible.
>>
>it is people -- politicians, business leaders and members of the public -- who in many cases, continue to stand in the way of achieving those goals.

Practically everyone I know is standing in the way

except kids. And the kids know
>>
>>369286
>>it is people -- politicians, business leaders and members of the public -- who in many cases, continue to stand in the way of achieving those goals.
>Practically everyone I know is standing in the way except kids.
Your argument also works for "I want to stay up late," "ice cream for breakfast," and "let me drive the fire truck!"
Kids are imbeciles.
>>
>>369382
>kids don't want what i want
>they must be stupid
boomer logic 101
>>
>>367770
the only solution if for you to have less children. Because first worlders are bad for the environment.
Now fuck off while we import millions of third worlders into the first world.
>>
>>368187
Sigh.. fuck people like you.

We all know you just want to destroy business and hurt "rich" people.
This is not about humanity and you know it.
>>
>>369230
Yeah because if "youth" controlled all of the money it would all be better?

Nothing screams teenage faggot more than your empty words.
>>
>>369148

Because you sacks of human waste don't want to be honest by what you mean when you say act now.

You want WESTERN businesses to be destroyed, you want carbon taxing, you basically want to fuck up the life of everyone that is not rich while bitching and moaning about rich people.

FUCK YOU BRAINWASHED FAGGOTS.
>>
>>369404
Sigh...fuck people like you. You think everything is about money or politics.
>>369405
Nothing screams young person like using the word faggot. Grow up.
>>
>>369404
>>369405
>>369407
seething samefag
>>
>>369409

Everything is about money or politics you know nothing little kid.
>>
>>369410
Yes I am fucking seething I am sick of you carbon taxing fucks, you need violence.
>>
>>369148
Because there is no agreement on the single most important point. Population control.
>>
>>369414

No there is a fucking agreement, white people are not even reproducing themselves anymore, other races should have to follow suit.

You have highlighted the reason purpose of the propaganda, population control.
>>
>>369407
Always funny when a boot licker calls someone else brainwashed without seeing the irony of that statement.
>>
>>369414

If you think population control is so important why don't you start with yourself?
>>
>>369497
not that anon but I am pro population control and live by that conviction for myself too. Not interested in having a child, game is pretty much rigged so why bother. Other people will obviously want it more than me. If we want the planet to be sustainable we need to make sure there aren't too many guests
>>
*yawn*

Same thing they've said for 30 years, seems ok to me.
>>
>>369440
We are wearing the boots, you'll be the ones licking ours.
>>
>>369497
Because we're not concerned with overpopulation to the exclusion of all else. It's a concern to be balanced among other important considerations, like human rights. Nobody is arguing for any people to be euthanized.
>>
>>369523
>boy who cried wolf
>>
>>369519
If you’re from a first world country it’s probably not a problem for you. Most developed places have a stable or declining population. It’s all these developing countries that are the problem.
>>
>>369523
Because it's been happening for 30 years. We have governments and we have science, so why is it so difficult for us to implement policies with horizon of returns beyond a couple of election cycles. We're able to predict threats decades in advance but we've restricted ourselves from preparing until it's too late for some reason. It's not even preparation we can't comfortably afford right now
>>
>>369544
>We have governments and we have science
I have a wheelbarrow of manure. At least what I have will produce something.
>>
>>369412
Sorry boomer, but given the choice between preserving your atrociously wasteful lifestyle and at least attempting to provide a bit of future security and stability for my kids...
>>
>>369536
>If you’re from a first world country it’s probably not a problem for you. Most developed places have a stable or declining population.

Well it's everyone's problem because unfortunately climates don't restrict themselves within national boundaries..Overpopulation is everyone's problem.

The solution is either for everyone to conserve more, transition to green products and energy, or produce fewer humans, and maybe negative emissions technology. The optimal solution will probably involve all of the above to varying degrees.

You might argue developed countries aren't responsible for the solution, but that's questionable at least from the perspective of a fair approach, given our historic emissions have been higher, we use more resources per capita.

We are also much more comfortably placed to address the problem than the poorest countries. We can help offset our disproportionate contribution to date and that doesn't involve handing the developing world a blank check; everyone has to agree on some equitable share of the remaining carbon budget, and rich nations should aid developing countries in transitioning to green energy through their industrialization, so long as they meet targets for controlling their own emissions.
>>
>>369623
the higher the standard of living of a country the lower the birthrate,
so just raise everyone standard of living.
>>
>>369407
cuck
>>
>UN report
>>
>>369693
(you)
>>
Based Boomer.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.