[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 54 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Now accepting credit card payment for 4chan Pass purchases and renewals. Click here for details.

File: maxresdefault.jpg (113 KB, 888x499)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/08/liam-neeson-john-barnes-race-bias-racism
>>
>>353941
So wait, what did Liam Neeson do that was racist?
>>
>>353960
When his friend was raped he asked for a race and waited around pubs or something for like a week hoping a black guy would walk out drunk so he could kill him before realizing it was fucked up.
>>
>>353962
So like, what did he do that was racist?
>>
>>353962
I think he was hoping they would attack him so he could beat them up.

Anyway, I don't think this is a really a big deal. It was normal in Ireland at that time to assign collective responsibility for wrongdoings to entire ethnic groups. That doesn't make it right, but it's understandable why a young Neeson would respond in such a way in that environment.
>>
>>353964
Don't you get it? SOMETHING TERRIBLE COULD HAVE HAPPENED.
But it didn't happen because he realized it would be wrong.
BUT IT COULD HAVE HAPPENED.
But nothing did
>>
>Nothing happened
And it continued to not happen for 40 years.
>>
Meanwhile, nobody even spares a second to mention the RAPE VICTIM...
>>
>>353979
Or the fact that he was only looking for males...... so if this is considered racist, shouldn't it also be considered sexist?
>>
>>353962
>hoping a black guy would walk out drunk so he could kill him
What?
No, he said he hoped that a black guy would attack him.
Not walk out drunk.
And he said that it didn't matter what the race was. If his friend told him she was raped by an italian, he would be out looking for italians
>>
Why is this news? Even niggers don't like niggers.
>>
Ireland has negroes?
>>
>>354076
Yeah, and Germany has Jews
>>
>>353941
Probably could have kept that to yourself there Liam
>>
>>354076
Yes
No whites though
>>
>>354090
Why should he have?
>>
>>353960
He called a negro rapist a "black bastard". Apparently calling negroes "black" and rapists "bastards" triggers the libtards
>>
>>353964
He wanted to beat a black dude for something an other black had done. that's textbook racism.
>>353970
Racism is an opinion, not an action.
>>
>>353964
>Something bad happens
>immediately asks what's his color
>condemns entire race for actions of one person
>ready to kill any black person and purposely put himself in positions to kill a black person
>>
>>353962
No. He wanted to Zimmerman him.
>>
>>354132
Is it an opinion and not an action?
Have you read 1984? Are you familiar with the concept of a thought crime?
Because if we're punishing people for their thoughts and not their actions that's a page from 1984
>>
>>354117
>He called a negro rapist a "black bastard". Apparently calling negroes "black" and rapists "bastards" triggers the libtards

Most dindus technically ARE bastards, at least in amerifatburgerstan.
>>
>>354007
> he hoped that a black guy would attack him.
And everyone knows that white guys never attack black people without reason.

Brothers know not to drink with whites. Black people loot, white people scavange.
>>
>>354138
kinda like blacks towards whites.
>>
>>354219
If you say so
>>
>>353960
It's not so much what he did but what he could have done..

See Liam Neeson has a particular set of skills & he isn't afraid to start a race war to use them.

Especially since a friend of his was raped & when he asked for a description so he could deal with it, tattoos, scars, race, she informed him the rapist was black.

So on that information, Liam Neeson went out & hunted for this "black bastard", well any "black bastard" to be honest.

Armed with a kosh (a police stick, probably the telescopic ones).

Anyone else would have wished they had the balls to do the same.

The liberal cucks have been TAKEN back by all of this.
>>
>>354216
What is the Knockout game?
>>
>>354132
>He wanted to beat a black dude for something an other black had done. that's textbook racism.
Is blaming all white people for slavery (the action of just a few white people) racism?

Yeah. I didn't think so. It's only "racism" when the white people do it
>>
>>354306
Yes American slavery was literally racism
>>
>>354312
The first slaves in north america were white you retard
>>
>>354314
they were irish and catholic you retard
>>
>>354138
>skin color is a key identifying feature in criminal cases
>didn't condemn an entire race, only the person that would be dumb enough to pick a fight with him
>going to bars and entertaining the thought of murder is the same as committing it

Not only did he do nothing legally wrong, he was also emotionally distraught. Should mothers suffering from post-partum depression also be ostracized for feeling like getting rid of their child, regardless if they actually go through with it? Should a parent of a murdered child be criticized for wanting to deal with the criminal themselves? He thought about it, nothing happened, he moved on.
>>
>>354317
He committed a thought crime

He thought the thought
>>
>>354316
So they where really white or sunburnt
>>
>>354324
>>354317
He followed all the steps, prepared to act. This is like the mother holding her child over the overflowing bath, and only not drowning the child because her conditions weren't met. If you hear about a mother holding her child over a bath, you'd want a little something done to make sure that mother doesn't have such immediate access to her baby.
>>
>>354334
That's what I said.

He committed a thought crime. He thought the thought. It doesn't matter that he never actually assaulted anyone.
>>
>>353941
His family member was raped, then he wanted to kick random niggers. That's racist?
>>
>>353979
He said she handled it extremely well
>>
>>354175
I hope no one is punishing him, and he did say that he wisened up to the fact that what he was doing was crazy, but you can't deny that at the time, his thought processes were operating in a racist way.

The lesson here, as he himself said, is that in order to defeat racism, people need to be to open about their own racial biases. I have had racist thoughts, but I was fortunate enough not to want to act on them, and was able to look past them.
>>
>>354348
Considering the people he was looking to fight had no part in her rape, then yes, it was racist.
>>
>>354289
>(a police stick, probably the telescopic ones).
probably not tbhm8
>>
>>354348
He thought a racist thought. That's why he has to be punished.

The fact that he didn't actually break any laws or harm anyone is irrelevant. He thought a racist thought and that alone is deserving of punishment
>>
>>354314
>B-B-B-B-BUT!
You said that as If American Slavery wasn't literally racist
It was btw
>>
>>354317
>didn't condemn an entire race, only the person that would be dumb enough to pick a fight with him
He literally said he wanted any black person to try something so he could hurt/kill them
He literally went armed into black neighborhoods

Where did I say he legally did something wrong? He was doing something racist. Condemning an entire race for the actions of another.
>But he didn't!

So why did he literally go and say he wanted a black person, any, to start something? Because he condemned the entire race at that moment.
>>
>>354355
>The lesson here, as he himself said, is that in order to defeat racism, people need to be to open about their own racial biases. I have had racist thoughts, but I was fortunate enough not to want to act on them, and was able to look past them.
But he literally refused the idea that any part of that was racist
That is my only problem with this
>>
>>353962
This is more creepy than anything 2bh. Why would a person loiter around an area to kill someone? That's what psychos do.
I mean think beyond race with this. Objectively this is weird regardless of the skin of the person he wanted to attack.

People seem to be focusing on the race part more than what is necessary, you should focus on the fact he loitered an area to kill someone. That's fucking weird.
>>
>>354393
Careful there anon. You're getting dangerously close to committing a thought-crime. You don't want to end up like Liam Neeson
>>
>>354431
Liam Neeson owned up to a violent impulse he had, and felt horrified afterwards.

Our lovely friend anon here >>354393 is making a mockery of murdering other people, and seems to care little of the real human impact such ideas hold.

Careful there anon. You're getting dangerously close to conflating humility with violence.
>>
>>354393
Whoa there, hating niggers is one thing, but cats are bro tier.
>>
>>354219
>kinda like blacks towards whites.

This: Spend some time having to deal with some Shaniqua in just about ANY "civil servant" job and you will feel their anti-whitey racism.
>>
>>354132
Does the media treat it the same way when someone wants to beat up a cop for something another cop did?
>>
>>354138
He asked if she knew who he is.
She said she didn't
He asked for what he looked like.
She said he was black.
Liam's the racist.
>>
>>354580
>He asked for what he looked like.
He specifically asked what's his color
>>
>>354312
gj not anwering the question
>>
>>354138
>"What did he look like?"
>"Oh you now, he had uhh... A "Jubilant" disposition and maybe a "jolly" figure"

If someone asks you to pick someone out of a crowd, and they're racially different than the rest of the crowd, you use race as an identifier.
>>
>>354747
Theres a gulf of a difference between saying what did he look and luterally what's his color
>>
>>354749
Go cry about it in your diary then.it was 40 years ago also remember that you prick.stop riding neesons dick you and fox news,and fuck face too.
>>
>>354767
What a bitch ass nigga take that rod out your assh faggot I'm not the one who made him at admit to that racist shit you're way too busy sucking his dick and very possibly too old to be throwing a tantrum like this

Grow up faggot
>>
>>354317
>He thought about it, nothing happened, he moved on.

>what's the big deal guys? I was just out prowling for children to abduct, but couldn't find any so I went home. How could you possibly get mad at me over that if I didn't actually abduct anyone?
>>
>>354364
Imagine making this kind of post unironically. How's that Koolaid treating you?
>>
>>354364
People have to be able to say, feel, think and express things, even racist things and all things that are bad, how else are people suppose to learn, grow and figure out what is right and wrong, both individually and as a society.
Also if we accept that some opinions are, or should, be banned, whats to say that it won't be applied to something you believe in the future.

So go fuck yourself with your orwellian tought crime bullshit you antifa fuckhead.
>>
>>354812
He even admitted in the interview that he thought it was a horrible thing to think/do.
You're willing to condemn a man for something he didn't even do several years ago.
>>
>>354874
I'm willing to condemn him because he refuses to see that instance as racist. I'm glad he admitted to it tho. I wish he'd take his self reflection a step further.

Also the optics on this is fishy imo the cynic in me thinks how convenient that you said this right before your movie came out
>>
Ireland has niggers?
>>
>>354544
>it's ok for liam to do it because blacks do it
Makes sense. I love whataboutism. Puts a smile on my face, honestly. Love coming here. Gee
>>
>>354877
>I condemn him... Refuses to see the instance as racist. I'm glad he admitted it though.

Fucking what lol. He did see the instance as racist, which is why he stated it was a horrible thing to do.
Talking about optics when you're condemning a person without even having your facts straight.
>>
>>354897
He literally
Literally
Denied that it was racist all he said was that it was fucked up
>>
>>354874
I'm not condemning Liam Neeson, I'm condemning the anon's in this thread for being so obviously and staunchly wrong (and knowing it). You can be racist if you want, just don't say that attempting to do something wrong is all hunky-dory as long as you fail.
>>
>>354094
Apparently the film is still doing quite well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47196786
>>
>>354966
Why would you condemn someone for his thoughts?
Have we veered so far from free expression that even thoughts should be condemned?
>>
>>355007
yes
>>
>>353941
Neeson did nothing wrong
>>
>>355007
>Why would you condemn someone for his thoughts?
So him walking into a neighborhood with the Express purpose of wanting to be a target so he can kill someone is perfectly fine
>>
>>355120
Are police leaving bicycles with the express purpose of wanting to be a target so they can arrest someone perfectly fine?
>>
>>355120
Yes faggot.
This is how many criminals are caught.
You ever heard of a bate car? An undercover purchasing drugs or doing a prostitution sting?
As long as your not attempting to actively coerce an otherwise law abiding person into breaking a law they never would have broken without your coercion this is perfectly legal and ethical
>>
>>355120
People don't get arrested for thinking things in their head (usually). Anyway, nobody was hurt.
>>
>>355120
>So him walking into a neighborhood with the Express purpose of wanting to be a target so he can kill someone is perfectly fine
So a person puts their life at risk for the express purpose of ridding city streets of killers?
Sounds like a hero to me
>>
>>355137
Sounds like the plot of a Liam Neeson movie

wait a second
>>
>>354312
The entire slave trade was jew who owned the ships auction houses and also owned them.
$600 then 25,000 then whites could not afford them. get your facts straight blame the jew.
>>
>>354364
Oh how STASI think you are. Of course you would never do anything of the sorts now.
>>
>>355981
The overwhelming majority of slavers were white.
>>
>>356016
That's not true. The majority were actually Arab, you twat.
>>
>>354391
>>353962

This, it doesnt matter if it was a subhuman nigger, Hollyjew trully hires the worst of the worst
>>
>>354138
Kinda like what niggers do to wypipo
>>
Did he rule out the possibility that it could have been a black woman with a strap-on? Sounds like someone needs to check their innate sexism

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.