[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 34 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Now accepting credit card payment for 4chan Pass purchases and renewals. Click here for details.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) predicted in a new interview that Republican leaders in Congress would not support another partial government shutdown over funding for President Trump's plans to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

The Speaker joked while being questioned by Politico that the issue was "too hot" for Republican congressional leaders, and pledged to support any deal that arises from negotiations between House and Senate lawmakers on border security.

“There will not be another shutdown,” she told the news outlet. “No, it’s not going to happen.”

“I have a club that I started, it’s called the ‘Too Hot to Handle Club.’ And this is a too-hot-to-handle issue,” Pelosi reportedly added.

Her comments come as Congress and the White House approach a deadline to fund the federal government and avoid another partial shutdown.

Funding for the federal government is set to expire on Feb. 15 unless Congress passes another appropriations bill. Democrats have vowed to remain firm in their promise not to provide funding for a border wall, while the president has publicly considered declaring a national emergency and allocating funding for the project himself.

Pelosi also took aim at Trump's State of the Union address late Tuesday. The president in that speech called for unity and hours later bashed House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.).

“Don’t waste your time on this. This is theatrics, this is not government. We just take this in stride," Pelosi told Politico.

“When [Trump] makes an assault on Mr. Schiff and congressional responsibility for oversight, he is making an assault on the Constitution of the United States, the separation of powers, co-equal branches of government,” she added. “We honor the institution in which we serve, the Congress of the United States. I hope he would honor it, too.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/428891-pelosi-there-will-not-be-another-shutdown
>>
>I I w wo won because I clapped
>>
>>353026
Desperate, Ivan. Very weak.
>>
>>353025
The first time you posted this fake news it was removed. That says alot too cause the mods are shareblue employees.
In short David Brock is calling you a liar.
>>
>>353028
>not a new IP
In other words you're so worried about this news that you needed to post twice, pretending to be different people, and you're laughably bad at it.
>>
>>353027
Good morning fellow sentient being. How was your rest cycle?
We have a another long day of angry faces and angry voices before us.
>>
>>353030
Once again not a new IP. That is three desperate posts you have made to try and damage control. Will you make a fourth? Time will tell.
>>
>>353032
And indeed, you have now made a fourth. That is some serious desperation. Let's see if there is a fifth.
>>
>>353029
>news
This isn't news it is a shit opinion
>>
>>353031
>angry face intensifies
>>
>>353034
Five desperate posts. Do I see six?

>>353035
Six it is. Let's make it seven.
>>
>>353036
Are you going to claim I'm the same person too, schizoid?
>>
>>353033
>hit npc will glitch
>>
>>353037
No.

>>353038
Seven desperate posts. Impressive.
>>
>>353036
>npc noises getting louder
>>
>>353041
This is now your eighth desperate post.
>>
>>353039
>No.
Doubt that

>>353042
>"No you're desperate! You're all the same desperate person!" Cries the schizo, further collapsing into his own insanity
>>
>>353025
Well i guess Nancy lied when she said she would negotiate in good faith after the government was reopened.
I hope Trump let's the government shutdown and does the EO. Let the dems sit in their shit pants all the way till 2020
>>
>>353044
And now you have made nine desperate posts.
>>
>>353045
Make that ten desperate posts. How stupid are you to post this exactly a minute later?
>>
>>353046
See. I knew eventually you'd just start claiming I was the same person.

>>353047
>How stupid are you to post this exactly a minute later?
Such a short amount of time... it's almost like there's more than one person responding to you!
>>
>>353048
This desperation is just pitiful. If you weren't samefagging you'd be able to provide a screencap but you won't.

At this point you're clearly losing your mind so I'm just going to let you keep making desperate posts and then call them all out when you're done.
>>
>>353051
>If you weren't samefagging you'd be able to provide a screencap but you won't.
The last time someone did that you immediately accused them of editing the screenshot with 4chan x

>At this point you're clearly losing your mind so I'm just going to let you keep making desperate posts and then call them all out when you're done.
Count how many IP's are in the thread now schizo. What's the number?
>>
>>353052
So as predicted, you're not going to do it because you know it would compromise you.

Funny how you claim there's a supposed "other guy" and "he" suddenly gets real silent after you start posting. Watch as "he" starts posting again now that I've pointed this out.
>>
>23 replies
>3 people in this thread
someone is samefagging up a storm in here
>>
>>353054
Yeah, we like to call him Ivan. And when he's hit, he hollers.
>>
>>353047
>tfw you break the quest giving NPC
>>
>>353056
And like I predicted, "he" came back. You are so easy to read it's pathetic. No wonder your side keeps losing.
>>
>>353053
>So as predicted, you're not going to do it because you know it would compromise you.
Okay, here you go.

https://i.postimg.cc/pXWYcG2r/newsfag.jpg

Notice up top it now says 4 IPs.

>>353055
>And when he's hit, he hollers.
Oh Max. I really burned you, didn't I?
>>
>>353054
Probably the same guy from the SOTU thread that said all Americans are racists, agreed with himself, threatened himself and then chastised himself in the first 6 posts
>>
>>353058
I see you use 4chanX.
>>
>>353060
Yup. Is this where you accuse me of editing the screenshot?

Also my favorite part of that SS, is that you can watch your schizo self go from claiming I'm not the same person to claiming I am in a window of a few minutes
>>
>>353058
>Oh Max. I really burned you, didn't I?
What are you on about, Ivan? It's supposedly a common American phrase and totally not a phrase coined by Russians, isn't it? Hamburgers! Baseball!
>>
>>353062
You wouldn't need to edit it considering you can just click a few checkboxes and erase all evidence of your samefagging, but you knew that. Just like North Korea, your arguments are in bad faith, relying on people not knowing any better.
>>
>>353065
>Ignores the rest of my post
>ignores the now 5 different IPs in this thread
>focuses on the fact that I mentioned his name

What kind of dog is it?
>HIT
What does it do?
>HOLLER
>>
>>353066
>You wouldn't need to edit it considering you can just click a few checkboxes and erase all evidence of your samefagging
How would I click a few boxes to show 5 different IPs in the thread?
>>
>>353058
>hit npc will glitch
>>
>>353067
Ivan, it looks rather pathetic when your only response is "NO U."
>>
>>353071
>>353072
Still 5 differen't IP's in thread, Max
>>
>>353070
Here's a question for you, Ivan. Why did you feel the need to respond on behalf of >>353041, who your screenshot purports is not you?

You hear that sound? It's the sound of your house of cards tumbling down.
>>
>>353077
>Here's a question for you, Ivan. Why did you feel the need to respond on behalf of >>353041, who your screenshot purports is not you?
Because it upsets you.

>You hear that sound? It's the sound of your house of cards tumbling down.
I thought that was the sound of 5 different IP's in the thread.
>>
>>353075
It's amazing how one guy, me, sitting on my couch wearing long underwear and sipping some whiskey coffee can totally derail a multi million dollar venture like ShareBlue.

Seriously, get good faggot. You bore me
>>
>>353080
So you admit to samefagging and your attempt didn't even work because there are 450 posts left in this thread. Nice going, Cletus.
>>
>>353090
>Cletus
Wait I thought I was Ivan?
Imagine being this bad at your "job".
>>
>>353080
>>353090
>>353092
>still 5 IPs
>>
>>353079
>y-you mad?
Poorly played, Ivan. I suppose this is the closest you'll come to admitting defeat, however, so I'll accept your concession.
>>
>>353096
>I suppose this is the closest you'll come to admitting defeat, however, so I'll accept your concession.
Why would I ever admit defeat when you still can't admit there were 5 different IPs posting in this thread?

You can't win, Max. Reality continues to operate outside of schizo world view. But look on the bright side- with 5 different IPs, now you really can claim that you're being gang-stalked!
>>
Greetings fellow sentient beings.
I see the Russian bots are busy this morning trying to discredit our faithful and honest news media.
This is a direct attack on our democracy. Dotard Cheetolini Drumpf must be held accountable!
>>
>>353100
>>353103
No need to keep posting, Ivan. You already admitted defeat.

Now we can get back to discussing how Pelosi is destroying Trump.
>>
>>353103
I couldn't agree more fellow sentient being.
One of these Ivan's said that the Covington Nazis didn't beat that wise native elder to death. How can these bots say such hurtful racist things with no reproach?
I mean I watched on video as that nazi kid in a MAGA hat kill that man, it happened!
>>
>>353107
I am glad you agree fellow sentient being.
The Ivan's are in full damage mode for sure. One started a thread suggesting the Virginia lieutenant governor raped a girl.
So fucking racist it makes my skin crawl.
>>
>>353104
You got the wrong person man
I am a real and unique individual
>>
>>353107
>>353111
>>353113
Add three more desperate Ivan posts to the pile.

What does this make now. About thirty in this thread alone? This has to be some sort of mental illness.
>>
>>353115
Yeah eventually you just fuck off back to Reddįt where you belong, bot.
>>
>>353115
>stop trying to dehumanize me you Russian bot!

*very angry face*
>>
>>353115
What the fuck did you just say to me?
>>
>>353118
>no bot, no bot, you're the bot.
>>
>>353134
>no you!
>>
>6 faggots sperging out for 50 posts
>>
>>353157
I'm number 6, and I can tell you with hand on heart that I have made all of two posts in this thread: this one here and >>353134 this one.

Someone here is really into damage control.
>>
>>353162
Brock isn't sending his best is he?
>>
>>353157
More like 1 sperg-ing out over 30+ posts, with the rest divided among 5 others.

Also- I'm loving the apathy from all of the /news/ browsers who don't like the current state the board is in, but at the same time can't be bothered to a give a crap about the immense amount of spam coming from this one schizoid motherfucker.
>>
>>353167
Look at this Russian bot damage control, Jesus Christ
>>
>>353170
How's that Fentanyl OD coming along?
>>
>>353167
Oh okay Ivan we believe you.
>>
>>353025
T minus 8 days to shutdown.
>>
this is true there will be no shutdown. it will be a national emergency lol
>>
>>353199
Luckily this thread will still be here since the bump limit is fourteen days, so I can gloat at you when there is no shutdown.

RemindMe! 8 days
>>
>>353199
correction: t minus 8 days until state of emergency and the wall gets built
>>
>>353058
>4 IPs
it really doesnt matter if you are the guy samefagging, as clearly the point is that someone is butthurt enough to samefag most of the thread
>>
>>353079
>>Here's a question for you, Ivan. Why did you feel the need to respond on behalf of >>353041, who your screenshot purports is not you?
>Because it upsets you.
>>You hear that sound? It's the sound of your house of cards tumbling down.
>I thought that was the sound of 5 different IP's in the thread.

Shilling intensifies
>>
>>353243
I cannot wait to laugh at you in eight days. Maybe less, if Republicans get spooked enough to pass a budget before the time is up.
>>
>>353243
>>353464
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/07/richard-shelby-trump-border-talks-1155511

Both Republican and Democratic senators agree that some sort of deal is likely to be reached, with Trump having told a Republican Senator: "wrap it up, get a legislative solution."

They've been wrong before, but at this time nobody knows more about the state about Senate negotiations than the Senators so it's what you get.
>>
>>353468
Calling it now - the GOP congressional caucus has garnered ~$20 billion in border security funds, none of which will construct new physical barriers at the border. They're going to keep it secret until the absolute last second and then plop it on Trump's desk, forcing him to sign it or veto it - while telling him that signing it will confound the Democrats, who want a shutdown so they can blame him again.

They can't get past Pelosi and she has ZERO reason to yield on the wall, so their only practical option is to try to get Trump to compromise.

And before anyone dumps on Pelosi, look at it from her perspective:

>polls are trustworthy
>polls say the shutdown was trump's fault
>polls say most people don't want the wall
>therefore my position is to push for no wall
>if the govt is shut down again Trump gets blamed
>if a state of emergency is declared I can split the GOP
>if the wall doesn't get build Trump's base will desert him

Any rational actor, and Pelosi is nothing BUT rational, would push for no wall ever with this info - regardless of its veracity. And the senate republicans really really REALLY don't want another shutdown OR a national emergency, so they have one feasible option - get Trump to compromise.
>>
>>353474
You make some compelling points but where the fuck did the GOP get 20 billion?
>>
>>353482
Nearest round number to the $22 billion package that the House sent to the Senate a week ago. I think they booted that bill.
>>
Why is there so much pure unadulterated autism in this thread? Isn’t the lack of another shutdown universally good news? Our government may actually do its job for once.
>>
>>353494
>Isn’t the lack of another shutdown universally good news?

Trumptard: not if it doesn't get the wall built.

This is to be expected. The Trumptard is characterized by support of Trump's agenda at the expense of ALL else - up to and possibly including their own well-being.
>>
Could have retitled this "Trump ignores his voter bloc to make peace and end shuttdown"
>>
>>353494
>>353499
It's come to the point where if a liberal says something is good, Trumptards will disagree with it on principle. Or rather, a lack of principles. They are not consistent people.
>>
>>353510
Quit bumping the thread sharblue larper.
>>
>>353514
Sounds like you're false flagging /pol/ppet.

Also, it's confirmed Trump is in deep shit over the wall
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/07/white-house-trump-shutdown-deal-1157829
>>
>>353584
Damn. Everything is crashing down around that loser. The tears of Trumptards are DELICIOUS.
>>
The promise of something happening is just as good as that something happening.
>>
>>353587
I just hope he lives until 2021, if Pence gets the Presidency I'll be sad, dude will try to speedrun another HIV epidemic.
>>
>>353584
>>353587
>>353618
>the necrobumper cries out in pain as they strike you with other dead thread
>>
>>353641
>paranoia
>>
>>353584
>get called out
>NO U
>>
I must say it's a good thing that Trumpsters are so stupid that as long as Trump is "president", they delude themselves into thinking they're winning and things are getting done. They'd be rioting in the streets if they were smart enough to realize how useless he is. And while I have no doubt I could take one on and win, it's better to not have to deal with that hassle.
>>
>>353655
>damage control
>>
anybody here hate jews?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG9Z961mhXU
>>
>>354449
Shut the fuck up racist.
>>
How long until a conservative talking head bullies Trump into another shutdown?
>>
>>355230
I think that even if this were to happen, we have a veto-proof majority.
>>
>>354449
i don't have a problem with Jewish people, but i don't like Israels politics
>>
>>355232
What specifically do you not like about Israel's politics?
>>
>>355233
1. Palestine
2. the new bill that would force people who they can invest in
>>
>>355234
Be a bit more specific.
>>
>>355234
What about Palestine?
>>
When is the deadline for the next budget deal?
>>
>>355335
Today.
>>
LMFAO I just saw a picture of Trump's latest pitiful rally and they're holding up signs that say "FINISH THE WALL". I guess they finally realized saying "BUILD THE WALL" suggests it hasn't been built yet and that's kind of embarrassing to still be holding two years later. Even though it really has not even been started.

It's just like that other "PROMISES MADE, PROMISES KEPT" thing. They are so insecure that all their slogans are damage control.
>>
>>355335
I think it was the 15th but almost all the legislators seem certain there wont be another shutdown which implies they are willing to override a veto if it comes down to it. And that's probably the only solution that allows Trump to save face.
>>
>>355345
People are going to be laughing at him forever that he has such poor control of his own party that they were able to veto him.
>>
>>355349
People are already laughing at him. This guy was supposedly a great deal maker yet couldn't get his wall when a bunch of his own toadies ran both houses of Congress for two years. Then he shuts down the government for a whole month because Ann Coulter said a mean thing about him and he just can't handle it.
>>
>>355355
Funniest part is that the "great dealmaker" was offered 25 billion last year, turned it down, and "negotiated" to get significantly less than that.
>>
>>355360
The bill last year traded 25 billion dollars in wall funding in exchange for a reprise of the DREAM Act. The bill this year creates 1.375 billion dollars of wall (fence?) funding in exchange for reducing the number of ICE detention beds by 8,537.

So yes, he got very little in compared to what he wanted, but he didn't actually have to give anything for it either. See you this time next year.
>>
>>355370
He didn't get anything. The fence is the same fence that's been in construction since the Obama administration. The fence which had a greater length constructed during the Obama administration than during the Trump administration. He can't even beat Obama at that. Lol.
>>
>>355355
>>355349
Do you two both work in the same office?

People aren't laughing at him. What they're doing is seeing the true colors of the paid whores he has to work with in order to get shit done.

You all just make it so obvious.
>>
>>355379
>He didn't get anything.
If 1.375 billion for new construction is nothing, then three times nothing is still nothing and it would have cost nobody anything to sneak 5 billion dollars for barrier construction into the January bill.
>>
>>355389
It's nothing since it's not allowed to be his wall. It's going to end up being flower beds.
Trump lost.
>>
>>355393
>It's going to end up being flower beds.
Source?
>>
>>355382
Well the opposition didn't vote for those "RINO"s (or whatever else you call them) in. The votes that got Trump to office were the very same votes that got those congressmen in. Blame your own side for that.
>>
>>355396
Math.

The deal is for 1.5 billion. Spreading that across the entire 2000 mile border gets you less than $150 per linear foot.

They could be very nice flower beds...
>>
>>353027
Did Ivan steal your girl or something? You've been calling everyone Ivan in the last 10 threads
>>
>>355389
The total cost of the wall would be about $25 billion according to his own propaganda site:
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trumps-border-wall-how-much-it-will-actually-cost-according-to-a-statistician
Basically he has only secured about 5% of the needed funding, when he has already gone over 1/2 or 1/4 of the total amount of time he will be president.

But of course, I wouldn't put it past you to spin what will be at most 20% of what he promised by the time he leaves office to a Democrat, to be a good thing.
>>
>>355419
Ivan is a common name for Russians which is used for everyone. Your post is like if you got triggered that a black guy was called "Jamal."
>>
>>>/pol/203048877
>>
>>355422

you dont answer his question
>>
>>355780
Great. The soilboys are all over /pol/ now.
>>
>>355782
You do suck my dick.
>>
Trump's totally boxed in. He gets chump change for his wall, but the money can't be used for the wall he wants. It also can't be used to fund his concentration camps he's had ICE build to imprison refugees.
If he refuses to sign the budget, everyone will blame him for the next Trump Government Shutdown and it will only hurt him more, especially as this time, groups in air travel are preparing for a general strike. The same group that broke Trump in the last Trump Government Shutdown.
>>
>>356241
I wouldn't doubt Trump is going to try and pull something shady. Like for example, what if he tries to use that money to start building a wall anyway? It seems like one of those "Surely someone will stop him from doing that" situations but then it's like, what if they don't stop him?
>>
>>356251
you're an idiot, the middle eastern travel ban got held up for months and months by activist judges and leftist funded attorneys but was entirely legal and eventually ruled so, the same will happen whether whatever trump does (if he does anything) is clearly within his authority or not
>>
>>353026
>>353026

Made me laugh.
>>
>>356289
>Made me laugh.
That's how I feel when I see how little Trump has accomplished in two years.
>>
>>356270
The Muslim Ban was exposed as the politically motivated racism it was because Trump said he would need the ban to just reorganize things for several months. He could have done that while the Muslim ban was being fought in court but he didn't. So you just got exposed as being a bunch of racists who don't care about the security of the country.

Also don't forget, every extremist attack last year came from the right wing.
>>
>>353199
Hey. It's me, >>353236. I'm still here. And as you've probably heard, there's no shutdown. So as promised, I'm here to gloat.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>356465
Yep. Instead, Trump is planning to simultaneously sign a bill that gets him less than 5% of the funding he wanted, and make a declaration that, if it is not overturned by Congress, the Courts, or his own party, will set a precedent that every sane republican knows will come back to bite them in the ass.

ART
OF
THE
DEAL
>>
>>353025
Looks like it's time to laugh at Trumptards one more time.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.