[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 39 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: k9m7dr3yb1z11.png (587 KB, 656x622)
587 KB
587 KB PNG
In yet another crushing defeat for Trump's fascist sycophants, the GoFundMe campaign that aimed to raise $1 billion for the border wall is shutting down, and the $20 million raised will be refunded to donors.

GoFundMe spokesman Bobby Whithorne told INSIDER that when the campaign was started, founder Brian Kolfage promised donors that all donations would be used to pay for a border wall between the US and Mexico if the $1 billion goal was met.

"However, that did not happen," Whithorne said. "This means all donors will receive a refund."

Kolfage, a US veteran and Trump supporter, updated the campaign's GoFundMe page on Friday announcing the refunds. He also introduced a new 501(c)(4) non-profit Florida Corporation named "We Build the Wall, Inc.," where donors can redirect their refunds to if they still wish for their money to be used, in one way or another, to build a wall.

In his update, Kolfage said that upon seeing the fundraiser's "success," he reached out to several experts in "politics, national security, construction, and finance" and created a team that "has spent countless hours over the holidays reviewing all issues pertaining to the construction of a southern border wall."

"Unanimously," Kolfage wrote, "we have all come to the conclusion that the federal government won't be able to accept our donations anytime soon."

This is why, he wrote, his new non-profit will now accept any donations previously made to the GoFundMe.

Among the group of "experts" listed on the GoFundMe page are Erik Prince, an American businessman known as the founder of the security firm Blackwater (he is also Betsy DeVos' brother), Sheriff David Clarke, the former Milwaukee County sheriff known for his controversial views on immigration, and frequent Trump campaigner Steve Ronnebeck.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gofundme-refunding-donations-build-the-wall-fundraiser-2019-1
>>
The group also includes Kris Kobach, former Kansas secretary of state, who in a statement said that "when government fails in its most important duties — protecting its citizens and preserving the country's sovereignty — We the People have the right to do it ourselves."

In the update, Kolfage said the group "is highly confident" that it can complete "significant segments of the wall in less time, and for far less money, than the federal government, while meeting or exceeding all required regulatory, engineering, and environmental specifications."

In a statement provided to INSIDER, Kolfage said the group is "already taking action on identifying the most densely crossed areas of the border, soliciting affected landowners along the Southern border, and ascertaining the willingness of border landowners to provide no or low-cost easements on their property for wall construction."

"Better equipped than our own federal government, we have made significant progress in less than a month, having begun extensive due diligence and commenced feasibility studies," he said.

Whithorne told INSIDER that if a donor to the original GoFundMe campaign does not want a refund and instead want the money to go to the new organization, "they must proactively elect to redirect their donation to that organization. If they do not take that step, they will automatically receive a full refund."

"All donors will be contacted by GoFundMe via email and they can also find additional the donor form directly on the campaign page," he said.

The GoFundMe campaign went viral during the week of its creation in December 2018. Soon after, reports followed of Kolfage's previous endeavours, which included stints running conspiracy-theory websites and a related Facebook page that was kicked off the platform in October.
>>
Pretty obvious he's just trying to rip people off and take that retard conservative money, don't forget how he collected money claiming it was for the VA and just pocketed it
>>
>>338588
>crushing defeat for Trump's fascist sycophants
This is not the language of journalism.
>>
>>338633
it's becuase he's not a journalist, he's an asshurt bernout who just writes angry articles under the guise of "journalism"
>>
>>338633
This is the language of bitter r/politics bernout colonists who refuse to stop spamming /news/ with propaganda
>>
Good news. These generous Americans have already paid enough taxes to easily construct a barrier on the border, and president Trump is doing just that!
Your message has been received and a barrier will be constructed this year irregardless of hurt shitlib feels.
God bless all that donated.
>>
>>338597
>Everyone gets their money back after they fail
Did Bernie Sanders do that after he failed to become the democratic nominee and president?
>>
>>338766
Hey you capitalist cuck, Bernie has 3 lake homes and an Audi r8 to pay for!
Remember the Jill Stien "recount"? More like the refill my bank account.
NO REFUNDS!
>>
>>338653
>>338667
>>338633
>>338693
>>338766
>>338775
This is what we call /pol/ppets in damage control.
>>
>>338633
>>338653
That phrase does not appear in the actual article, OP added it.

The actual first line is:
>The GoFundMe campaign that aimed to raise $1 billion for a border wall is shutting down, and the $20 million raised will be refunded to donors.
>>
>>338805
Really says a lot about the quality of people we're dealing with here that they don't even bother to check the article before commenting on how much they hate the writing and Reddit and Bernie and propaganda.

These are the people who are trying to convince you that something is fake news. People who can't take even two seconds to fact check.
>>
>>338788
No refunds faggot!
Thanks for paying for a 1 day of gas in bernies supercar
>>
>>338841
t. bitter damage controlling /pol/ppet
>>
I wonder why "no refunds" is always used for failed left-wing campaigns. You don't get any refunds for all the money you blew on Romney's campaign, or McCain's, but do you hear about those? Nope. Just another example of right-wingers not understanding basic politics and trying to distract from their own wasted spending. Sorry, no wall!
>>
>>338849
Becayse you are a poor faggot giving away money you don't have.
>>
>>338775
I actually have a meme for Jill "no refunds" Stein but it's on my other computer
>>
>>338861
>Becayse
Your English lessons failing you again, Ivan?
>>
>>338849
You don't understand the issue apparently.
Jill Stein fund raised after the election specifically to fund a recount. That recount never happened and no refunds were issued. This was not a campaign donation this is a donation to a specific purpose
>>
>>338870
The recount happened in one state and it didn't happen in two others because Republicans got spooked and blocked it.

Don't get me wrong, Jill Stein is a Russian asset who fooled the people donating to her because she's in cahoots with Trump. But the Republicans could have let the recounts happen and didn't because they knew it would reveal they're up to no good.
>>
<test
>test
>>
>>338880
Lol it actually believes this. Hahahab
>>
>>338849
But you did get refunds for this one.
>>
Why do conservatives always resort to screeching and trying to make people mad instead of making a proper argument, I thought they were the party of logic and not emotion
>>
>>338898
>>338899
>Hahahab
Ivan. You're failing again. Your boss Mr. Ivanovich is not going to be happy.
>>
>>338901
You said right wing campaigns don't get refunds, like Romney and Mccain, when someone brought up Bernie Sanders campaign not getting refunds.
IN A THREAD ABOUT A RIGHT WING CAMPAIGN, WHERE EVERYONE GOT REFUNDS
>>
>>338903
Oh here I thought the wall was something "all the American people" wanted and not just a bunch of right-wing lunatics. Are you telling me it was partisan hackery the whole time? Amazing, no wonder it failed.
>>
>>338903
>leaving out the crucial detail that the refunds only happened because it was an intermediary, go fund me, handling all the money and that the guy running the campaign was a known scam artist
Does anyone know go fund me's politics?
>>
>>338904
Huh?
>>
>>338904
The Go Fund me campaign was a campaign to fund the construction of the wall, through private donations, that was pushed by Republican candidate and later President, Donald Trump. Donald Trump is a member of the Republican part, which is a right wing party within the United States.
>>
>>338909
Maybe we should have a company review "politcial" funds raises by known scammers like Bernie
>>
>>338913
And Donald Trump
>>
>>338915
But Trump won, don't think anyone that donated to him would want I refund.
>>
>>338921
A lot of people in the midwest would like one
>>
>>338849
Also the whole idea of making fun of people for making small donations to Bernie's campaign when the alternative is Bernie selling out to Wall St. and Big Oil like every other politician.
>>
>>338924
Really? Proof?
>>
>>338929
Yeah failure Bernie didn't take any "big money". Lel
>>
>>338932
Do you have any proof that he did or is this just like your claims that Hillary is totally a baby eater?
>>
>>338935
https://www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress/summary?cid=N00000528&cycle=CAREER

That is his is Senate "career", you can search for his controlled opposition campaign if you wish
>>
>>338943
>opensecrets.org
*rolls eyes*
>>
>>338983
What's wrong with OpenSecrets?
>>
>>338983
Excuse me?
This is the gold standard of political donation aggregation.
>>
>>338912
You forgot to mention, it was a giant scam, which is what the Republican party always does.
>>
>>339009
Can you feel the bern?
>>
>>339009
And, what was Bernie Sanders campaign?
>>
>>339013
>>339014
>Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
>>
>>338766
>Whataboutism
Like clockwork
>>
>>339103
I like how they both responded with the same Whataboutism within seconds of each other, as if they're robots programmed to respond "What about Bernie?" every time Republicans are criticized.
>>
>>339014
>>339013
>Whataboutism
>Strawman about how campaigns work
>>
Two things. Probably refunded due to legal issues as the president can not accept gifts. And two OP is a faggot and this whole board needs to fucking die.
>>
>>339120
>They posted things I don't like! EVERYONE MUST DIE!
Enlightened centrism, everyone.
>>
>>339120
This. Nowhere does it say he tried to keep it, it actually says he is unable to use it directly for that purpose.
Really looks like someone caught a legal loop hope and stopped it
>>
>>338788
Step 1. Be massive faggot
Step 2. Samefag all the time
Step 3. Reply to multiple posts saying they go on a 4chan board and are doing damage control
Step 4. Fucking kill yourself please you insufferable faggot
>>
>>338821
>the quality of people we're dealing with here
What does injecting a phase into an article say about OP's quality?
>>
>>338766
comparing apples and oranges moron

>>
>>339248
>Five Republican senators spontaneously growing a spine and switching their party to Democrat has a higher chance of happening than Democrats giving in on the wall.
Just wait until the EBT runs out and Dem's urbanite constituents start rioting

>We voted them in to gridlock congress for two more years after spending the last 8 complaining about gridlock and obstructionism because the GOP wouldn't give Obama what ever he wanted exactly when he wanted it
I love Democracy
>>
>>339281
now you're just embarrassing yourself
>>
>>339290
He's not, but you are
>>
>>339289
>ebt
>urbanite constituents
why not say what you're really thinking?
>>
>>339294
>why not say what you're really thinking?
Why don't you?
>>
>>339293
no u
>>
>>339295
I'm thinking you're too cowardly to say it. You should be on /pol/. but you've grown bored of that circle-jerk and decided to come here to troll.
>>
>>339290
Just stop dude
>>
>>339300
>I'm thinking you're too cowardly to say it.
Say what? You think I'm going to say "all EBT card holders are minorities" even though statistically most welfare recipients in the US are white-identifying?

>You should be on /pol/.
I don't post on /pol/. But, given YOU attempted to blame me for the racist assumption YOU made, you should be on r/politics.
>>
>>339310
still just embarrassing yourself. it's pathetic.
>>
>>339313
There are multiple people begging you to stop posting and seek mental help
>>
>>339312
>damage control
uh huh, that's what you meant when you were talking about EBT-using urbanite constituents. Sure pal. You really should go to /pol/ where you can speak your prejudice freely.
>>
>>339315
I think you should stop and seek mental help.
>>
>>339316
>got caught making racist assumptions
>projects and accuses others of damage control
>"everyone who disagrees with me is /pol/"

>that's what you meant when you were talking about EBT-using urbanite constituents
Tell me what you think I meant anon.
>>
>>339319
You clearly meant not-white folks. It's not racist for me to understand your little Fox News-level dog whistle.
>>
>>339337
>You clearly meant not-white folks
I clearly didn't. Most EBT holders are white. Most urbanites are white. You assumed otherwise, and projected onto me.

>It's not racist for me to understand your little Fox News-level dog whistle.
Again, you are sounding your own Salon dog-whistle and blaming me for it. I'm not responsible for your racist assumptions.

Watch less TV, you'll be less racist.
>>
>>339248
Wait isn't a majority of the Senate Republicans?
Meaning we voted them in to support Trump's agenda?
>>
>>339344
methinks he doth protest. You'd be the first person in history to refer to EBT-using whites and be thinking of whites. I called you out on it, just admit it.
>>
Deep State is REAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLTzpDFGWjI
>>
>>338633
>crushing defeat
It's called a lede, it's intentionally made provocative to entice the reader into actually reading the story. Ledes, while they generally have to stick to the truth, can exaggerate a bit more.
>>
>>338983
Lol nice job losing an argument.
>>
>>339348
>isn't a majority of the Senate Republicans?
Yes.
>Meaning we voted them in to support Trump's agenda?
There was a time when Republicans had both chambers. Ya blew it.
>>
>>339248
you can. i think it extends to political events beyond races, havnt looked too much into it though

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-ab&q=bet+on+political+outcomes
>>
>>338983
>*rolls eyes*
This is what 4chan has become
>>
>>339432
These are standards that people on 4chan had long before Donald Trump was on anyone's political radar.

History did not start in 2016.
>>
>>339432
>screeches endlessly on /news/ about trump
>invades every fucking board with your political nonsense
>but it's trumpsters shitting up this site with their politics
You're subhuman
>>
>>339439
You're going to get your posts deleted again if you don't stop your nonsense
>>
>test
>>
>>339316
It seems beneficial to talk about demographics in regards to a nation wide program. Why does he have to go to pol to talk about race?

You are the racist. You are the one who oppresses freely sharing opinions on race in an open internet forum.
>>
>>338588
yeah someone was trying to get free money. Trump did not start it. probably OP that made it. if it was op good luck in jail bud. they love skinny antifa ass in prison.
>>
>>339904
>Every time.
The Truth is often like that. No matter how many times you insist that the ball will fall up, it falls down. Every time.
>>
>>340262
Tell that to president Cheeto. How many times has he failed to get the money for his wall, now?
>>
>>340267
I don't know. How many?
>>
>>340279
Every budget signed up until now at a minimum, so at least two.
>>
>>340295
>at least two
Okay. So having learned from those previous failures, he's now trying another tactic.
>>
>>340305
>admitted Trump failed
And somehow the rivers will flow, the cats will nap, and the sun will rise tomorrow on a new day. With Trump as President.
>>
>>340362

100% of the world is certain of his impeachment.
>>
>>340299
It won't work.
>>
>>340374
We shall see.
>>
>>340367
>impeachment
Not gonna happen.
>>
>>340367
If you think it's 100%, you can easily make $10,000 or so risk free simply by betting on such in prediction markets - the going rate is something like 1:1.
>>
Fortnite has a scoped pistol now. Heck of a shotgun.
>>
You slippery snail!
>>
>>338843
when you write /pol/ppet, it reads like "pulpit". which makes no sense...
>>
>>341633
It does make sense because /pol/ppets are trying to use /news/ as a pulpit.
>>
>>341632
white supremascists think this is a good defense of themselves? better than niggers?
>>
>>341641
They're deluded into thinking that merely saying the word will make people cower in fear of them. Nevermind that they'd get the shit beaten out of them if they did IRL.
>>
>>341640
And laughably fail trying.
>>
>>341644
Indeed they do.
>>
Perhaps they should build the wall out of Ligma.
>>
I hope you get banned so the Saudi articles stop you faggot
>>
Dems should one-up Trump and offer him like $15B for the wall in exchange for Medicaid-for-all or something. Then when the Republicans reject it, Dems can say, "wow, why don't the Republicans care about the wall???"
>>
>>342947
no they cant use Ligma because of updog
>>
>>343302
This never would have happened if they'd enlisted help from the Sugondese.
>>
>>343306
Perhaps, but perhaps not.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.