[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1523065985771s.jpg (7 KB, 250x250)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/2181749/chinese-technology-helping-new-york-police-keep-closer-eye-united

New York City’s police department is monitoring citizens using cameras and facial recognition software developed in China.

The surveillance tools are identical to those used in Sky Net in China, the largest video surveillance system on Earth, Chinese government research institutes and a company involved in the project said.

At a time when China and the United States are locked in a rivalry on several fronts including trade and technology, Hikvision – which is the world’s largest surveillance technology company and based in Hangzhou in eastern China – has supplied the equipment and software used by an American force that polices a population of about 8.6 million people.

It has been claimed that Hikvision’s system can accurately identify faces regardless of race, whereas some Western-developed technology had previously been more accurate for white people than for black citizens – although the NYPD has not discussed its reasons for using the Chinese technology.

The Sky Net programme, now renamed Pingan Chengshi, or Safe Cities, claimed to have connected 170 million cameras across China last year. By 2020, another 400 million units will be installed, it said, casting a watchful eye on every two citizens. Beijing plans to be able to identify anyone, anytime, anywhere in China within three seconds.
>>
CHINKED
>>
>>338406
you know motherfucker i specifically Specifically went out of my way not to put it NOT TO not to put it in the title and fucking goddamn, like the 4chan retard low-iq that you're known for, here you are, latent misogyny mixed in, here you fuckin are. i love you anon, despite you being you.

imgur com slash a/LbRJCgE
>>
>>338441
kindly fuck off back to tumblr
>>
>>338658
>>339197
>not actually focusing on the content
>instead, muh speech freedomz
>but other websites suck
>>
>>339210
Kill yourself redditnigger/tumblrite.
>>
>>339227
After you, braindead magapede, waste of oxigen.
>>
>>339229
Your ESL is showing Ivan.
It's spelled 'oxygen' over here
>>
>>339233
>muh spelling
Cope harder, dumbshit.
>>
>>339229
I'm not a fan of Zionists, I just despise leftists like you.
>>
>>339236
>Muh deflection
Sorry Ivan, your not fooling anyone
>>
>>338400
I wonder how much it would cost to install along the border.
also i wonder if it is sensitive enough that the system can act as a identification system in a court of law, if so we are about to see a genocide of most of the black race through constant imprisonment

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.