[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1543260761653.png (197 KB, 533x287)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-12-03/a-wall-street-rule-for-the-metoo-era-avoid-women-at-all-cost

>Across Wall Street, men are adopting controversial strategies for the #MeToo era and, in the process, making life even harder for women.

>Call it the Pence Effect, after U.S. Vice President Mike Pence, who has said he avoids dining alone with any woman other than his wife. In finance, the overarching impact can be, in essence, gender segregation.
>>
Women are for Cumming inside and raising babies, thats it.
Repeal the 19th!
>>
I don't see how this is controversial. It's perfectly logical given reality and context.
>>
Feminists pushed to repeal "innocent before proven guilty" and the statute of limitations in sex offense cases.

If you cannot prove you were not at a specific point in space and time it is possible for a woman to accuse you of sexually assaulting her there and it will go to court. It is not necessary for the prosecution to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt, only witness testimony is needed and it is considered taboo to suggest the victim may be lying. It is also taboo to suggest a woman is being illogical, unreasonable or irrational, which is apparently a sexist stereotype, however we need logic to ascertain the truth so the implication of this is simply that they are always right.

Something similar happened with terrorism, standards of evidence are being eroded as part of a deliberate effort.
>>
I have been avoiding them for years now.
I interact with women only when no other option exists
>>
>>322790
better safe than sorry
>>
>>322988
Women are bitching because majority on wallstreet are men who will no longer mentor or network with women out of fear of false accusations. So it's sexist to this nk about protecting your good name.
>>
>>323363
*Thinking about
>>
>>322790
This is south park's "The Wacky Molestation Adventure"
>>
>>322988
Logical and overreaction without grace is two completely different things.
>>
>>323375
Why would you mentor a woman when she can destroy your career without proof?
>>
>>322790
Hate to say it but these days, it is probably better to not marry or be close. At least marriage.
While there clearly are good people on both sides the risks of being with someone is very high especially for men.
>>
>>323375
In the current climate of guilty by accusation it's the safest course of action.
>>
>>323463
You're just butthurt you can't molest chicks by openly "flirting" with them. Thank god "flirting" is a thing of the past. It's just harassment. Oh, is that the only way to have sex outside of Tinder? And Tinder sucks? Too bad. You don't need sex, you just want it. You will survive and be just fine if you don't have sex. It's not your god given right, you just make it out to be. Get a hobby. Go out and help the needy. Do something with yourself. Life isn't all about chasing tail, like you seem to think that it is. Truly, if that's what you think life is, your life is pretty useless and I have no sympathy for you.
>>
>>323465
Is that pasta?
I'm fine, thanks. Just saying no rich Wallstreet Jew is going to risk his position and career by being alone in a room with a woman.
>>
>>323375
In the era where innocent until proven guilty is no longer a thing due to the court of public outrage, the safest option is to minimize the possibility of accusations whenever possible.

>>323465
You're right, life is more than sex. So, if given a choice to work with someone who I would not want sex with and who wouldn't pose a possible threat to me (man), vs. someone who I would not want sex with but who does pose a possible threat to me (woman), for what conceivable reason would I choose the higher risk potential?

>>323469
I don't know. /news/ has been overrun with these types lately.
>>
>>323476
the only people /news/ has been "overrun" with in recent years is /pol/tards like yourself. we never left. we have always been here
>>
>>323481
> we never left. we have always been here
Well, it IS an r/politics containment board, so
>>
>>323483
>/pol/ accusing others of being a containment board
projection is your strong suit, i see
>>
>>323485
>r/politics thinks he isn't on a containment board
A hit dog will holler
>>
>>323492
>muh sayings prove I'm right!!!
>>
>>323375
Wall street is about calculating risks. That's what they're good at. Even if the risk isn't likely statistically-speaking, it is still a lottery ticket no one wants to be carrying around in their pocket.
It's smart.
>>
>>322790
This is what happens when you ruin men's lives for really fucking minor things (which women themselves often do all the time anyway)
>>
>>323492
i have never posted or even looked at r/poltics in my life
keep projecting
>>
>>323465
> hurr durr flirting is harassment
ask me how i know you've never had consensual sex
>>
>>323554
>flirting is not harassment
it is now
>>
Makes sense why take on unnecessary risk to your business or your own personal reputation by hiring women,an allegation even if it turns out to be false can cause serious damage.
>>
>>323557
spineless soy sniffing the wind's direction detected
>>
>>323602
how many rejections did it take to drive you to sneaky mating techniques my little soy?
>>
>>323616
correct. you certainly will reap what you've sown
>>
Jesus christ, what does it feel like to be simultaneously such an absolute pussy, cuck, and a fucking douche that you literally cannot figure out how to interact with women without running the risk of being accused of sexual misconduct?

If you conduct yourself in such a manner as to inspire confidence that you aren't a sexual deviant, who the fuck is going to believe you are one if accused?
>inb4 its not that simple
It really fucking is that simple, just don't act like a sexual predator, been successfully building platonic and professional relationships with women my entire life
>inb4 theyll always believe a woman
Seemed to have worked out okay for Brett Kavanaugh.
>>
>>323645
Do you think people's lives should be ruined for ever touching someone or making a slightly inappropriate comment? Does that apply to girls doing those things too?
>>
>>322790
Gender segregation is the last thing I want to see
>>
>>323645
I don't think you understand how hard it is being a New York Jew.

Antisemitism has no place on planet earth.
>>
No shit sherlock. This is what happens when retards try to repeal innocent until proven guilty.

Also every man who has worked with women for longer than 10 years knows that they can and do lie about this shit very frequently. The problem is the current 2 generations of women in the western workforce are entitled. They literally believe that feels = reals. This means if they feel like a man MIGHT be harrassing them or feel uncomfortable around him in any way, then that man MUST be doing something wrong that needs to be reported to HR immediately. Of course, in reality what these stupid bitches are doing is merely psychological projection where they project their own entitled and negative way of thinking onto the men around them and then blame men for the resulting incorrect assumptions that arise from said projection.

Here's a fun and 100% true story that happened when I was working for a tech firm. I was asked by my boss to send art examples to the team. One of the examples was the codex seraphinianus. Because it included imagery that could be construed as sexual, one of the retarded female members of the team went STRAIGHT TO HR. Didn't say anything to anyone else. If she had checked or done ANY BASIC FUCKING INFORMATION GATHERING she would have immediatley discovered that 1. I sent it to everyone and 2. our boss literally told me to. This led to a somewhat hilarious and embarresing discussion with myself, my boss, her, and HR all in the same room. And guess what? The stupid cunt didn't even apologize. In her head. In the retarded little piece of meat inside her fucking skull, she had done no wrong. That is the level of entitlement we are dealing with here.

So now men are refusing to work with these spoiled brats? Big fucking surprise. I refuse to deal with them too. It's sad because most women are actually decent, but all it takes is one spoiled brat to fuck your career over, so fuck women and fuck feminism and fuck any idiot who supports it.
>>
>>323375

Typically female perspective. Honey, grace is an emotional quality, and logic doesn't care for such things.

If you promote a system without justice or fairness, then you can expect 'graceless' actions to occur in reaction.
>>
>>323666
>Do you think people's lives should be ruined for ever touching someone

Hmm, let's ask Garrison Keillor...
>>
>>323674
>Antisemitism
Yawn
>>
>>323674
>Antisemitism has no place on planet earth.
That's funny, because it's everywhere, almost no body likes Jews
>>
>>322790
>>322790
Name of the manga your image come from ?
>>
>>323674

>I don't think you understand how hard it is being a New York Jew

This is probably bait, but isn't being a Jew in NYC literally heaven on Earth?
>>
>>323476
>In the era where innocent until proven guilty is no longer a thing due to the court of public outrage
This has literally always been a thing
>>
>>323912
I have never faced ani ant semitism in Texas but have in New York.
>>
>>322790
>"things that make 4chan mad" for 100
>“those men are going to back out of a sexual harassment complaint and right into a sex discrimination complaint.”
>>
>>323919

Proximity breeds resentment.
>>
>>323920

Fucked if you do fucked if you don't.
>>
>>323465
>flirting is harassment
Jesus I hope you’re trollin. If so nice bait. If not, fuck off back to tumblr
>>
>>323645
Did you hear about that song Baby it’s Cold Outside being pulled from a radio show in Ohio. Feminists claimed it promoted rape culture. Reading, not only lyrics, but the history behind the song, such a claim couldn’t be further from the truth. Because of shit like that, is the reason I’m cautious around women. Way too easy for the simplest gesture to be used against you.
>>
>>323557
then how is one supposed to start a family
oh and what about when women do it?
>>
>>323927
The song is pretty rapey, the lyrics are about a guy who is trying to convince an unwilling woman to stay and fuck him.
>>
>>323645
https://reason.com/blog/2018/10/09/uc-davis-title-ix-me-too-sex-hook-up
Where's my $12,000
>>
>>323946
Being that the artist wrote this song for him and his wife to sing at Christmas parties.

People are ok with the mumble rap bs that objectifies women and much worse. Yet, play a Christmas song about a man wanting his girlfriend to stay because it’s cold, is so much worse. People are fucking dumb as fuck
>>
>>324025
>People are ok with the mumble rap bs that objectifies women and much worse. Yet, play a Christmas song about a man wanting his girlfriend to stay because it’s cold, is so much worse.
Those aren't the same group of people.
>>
>>323946
Applying a modern lens to a song with a feminist touch to it during the time the song was made cheapens the value of the song and the feminist movement in the past.
>>
>>323903
They look like the amazonian sisters Tiona and Tione Hiryute from Is It Wrong to Pick to Up Girls in a Dungeon.

https://www.amazon.com/Wrong-Pick-Girls-Dungeon-Vol-ebook/dp/B079RBD6RK/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1544309766&sr=8-8&keywords=is+it+wrong+to+pick+up+girls+in+a+dungeon+manga
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Is_It_Wrong_to_Try_to_Pick_Up_Girls_in_a_Dungeon%3F
>>
>>324070
>Amazonian
You got me excited and then I looked it up and they're only 5'5''. Disappointing.
>>
>>324025

Mumble rap = downtrodden negro underclass that is above censorship

Wholesome Christmas tunes = privileged White or WASP upperclass which deserves relentless disenfranchisement
>>
>>323340
>better safe than sorry

Sad but true
>>
Understandable, women are too parasitic to be trusted.
>>
>>323481
That's a fucking lie. You spineless little yes men are from reddit and tumblr. Dont even deny it
>>
>>324188
there was not a single accurate statement in this post
>>
>>324191
actually i thought about it some more and there is actually one guy here who i suspect of being a classical redditor

but not most of /news/
>>
The obvious solution is to set up CCTVs in all offices, and possibly to carry a bodyfat like cops, so as to be able to debunk fake harassment claims.
>>
>>324232
>bodyfat like cops,
your autocorrect knows
>>
>>323465
>. Get a hobby. Go out and help the needy. Do something with yourself
So don't be a woman ?
>>
>>324191
he's right tho
>>
Actual harassment outnumbers false accusations like 50 to 1 so this is pointless and only happens because for some reason actual harassers have convinced all normal men they're the victims when they have nothing to worry about.

>>324188
nu/pol/ is literally just a bunch of reddit immigrants dumbass. Redditors that have the gall to call everyone else redditors because they cant handle that everyone else hates them
>>
>>323946

Plus if you listen to the lyrics it's pretty clear the woman is being coy and giving the minimum required nod to decorum for the period when the song was produced, as being overly eager to spend the night at a paramour's house for the time would have had her labelled a loose broad.
>>
>>323340
This. Play with fire and you'll eventually get burned.
>>
>>324025
I'm sick and tired of double standards. It's all or nothing, you can't bitch at a Christmas song with mildly suggestive themes while letting lyrics about literal drugging, raping, and objectification of women exist in the same world.
>>
>>323375
>Logical and overreaction without grace is two completely different things.

I’ve been saying for a while now that this #MeToo bullshit isn’t limited to Hollywood and corporate boards of directors, its having a real world effect and regular guys like us are getting fucked over by ding-bat bitches looking for up-votes and some drama in their boring lives.

I worked for a small machine shop that hired a young chick (23 years old?) as a lathe operator who didn’t know jack shit but who would work for cheep and assigned her to work side-by-side with an older guy but after being there almost a year and showing no signs of improvement, (she STILL needed the guy to walk her thru every job) she knew her days were numbered, so… she filed “sexual harassment” charges against him.

Of course it was all a crock of shit but because she made a formal complaint that was now on record, the company couldn’t fire her without risking her claiming that they were doing so in retaliation for the sexual harassment charge and last I heard, she was still there and STILL needed a guy to essentially do her job for her.

A buddy of mine is in sales for industrial heating/cooling systems and he said last year when the company sent several sales reps to California, the guys all remained in their hotel rooms after work despite the two chicks on the sales team wanting to go for dinner and hit the bar, as all the guys are now terrified of being slammed with a sexual harassment charge.
>>
>>324314
Because even if you're innocent, if you have to prove it in court you're going to lose a lot of money.
>>323955
>>
>>323645
>literally cannot figure out how to interact with women without running the risk of being accused of sexual misconduct?

There are no "rules" to follow, it all depends on the questionable mentality of chick you're interacting with and if she's a psycho cunt, you're going to get hit with a (totally unprovable) sexual harassment charge without warning and there's nothing you can do about it.

Your employer won't give a fuck that its all a load of bullshit, they can't risk her taking them to court if they keep you around, thus you get kicked to the curb.
>>
>>322790
> “There aren’t enough women in senior positions to bring along the next generation all by themselves,” said Lisa Kaufman, chief executive officer of LaSalle Securities. “Advancement typically requires that someone at a senior level knows your work, gives you opportunities and is willing to champion you within the firm. It’s hard for a relationship like that to develop if the senior person is unwilling to spend one-on-one time with a more junior person.”
>
> Men have to step up, she said, and “not let fear be a barrier.”

So, womyn’s answer to these issues is; “just roll the dice with your career and risk a psycho bitch falsely accusing of sexual harassment!”….
>>
>>324302
It doesn't matter, if that 1 out of 50 times is enough to ruin a man's career for something he didn't do, it's still enough to be cautious of. I literally don't even joke with women these days out of the concern one might be a hair-triggered feminist looking for someone to lay onto.
>>
>>324302
>Actual harassment outnumbers false accusations like 50 to 1

Sauce? Because i have had two false harassment claims in my company within the last five years and no genuine one.
>>
The least costful solution is to compartmentalize workplaces with gender segregation.
>>
>>324325
yeah, love that logic
men have to step up, but they also have to step aside and down at your fucking whim
fuck you sideways
>>
>>324333
And I do nothing differently because Im a regular person and can almost guarantee you that in 20 years we will be in the exact same position. Its a waste of time and born of trying to focus on that 1 in 50 over the 49/50 (bear in mind these are made up numbers, the real value is closer to just between 2 and 10% being fake) because you're a dude and scared it may happen to you when the opposite is much more likely.

I mean sure, I can be afraid I'd get struck by lightning but that doesnt mean Im only gonna buy rubber shoes from now on. Outrage youtubers have fooled you into being scared of a boogeyman.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45565684 (the articles links a study and the FBI number.) I saw another article saying a male is more likely to be raped than falsely accused.

>>324336
well, I guess your anecdotal evidence proves it, facts dont care about my feelings.
>>
>>324358
The point is, what's the cost?
Why take on the risk if you don't have to?
>>
>>324358
1 in 50 is still a reasonable chance.
>>
>>324374
>>324377
So are you arguing for women to be full on anti-men then because they are much more likely to enter a risky situation? This logic is saying that we may as well not put any men in positions of power because there is a 49/50 chance a sexual assault allegation against them will be true. Kavannaugh shouldnt have been appointed because its undue risk
>>
>>324358
>between 2 and 10% being fake)
2% is literally 1 in 50
>>
>>324379
Well, we can.
Women can make companies run by women if they want. People can choose to not put their time and money into companies with men on the board of directors. If the American people want supreme court nominees and other public officials to fall along the inter-sectional hierarchy, they can vote them into office.
>>
to put >>324377 in perspective...

https://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/statistics/enforcement/sexual_harassment_new.cfm
tells me that more than 13K allegations have been filed this year
at the very conservative minimal rate of 2%, that's more than 260 innocent lives ruined in one of current western civilization's most humiliating fashions
>>
>>324383
yeah I realised after posting it

>>324384
most people didnt want Kavannaugh in office so we already failed on that front.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/10/brett-kavanaugh-poll-majority-oppose-most-unpopular-supreme-court-justice.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/10/12/brett-kavanaugh-poll-majority-americans-disapprove-new-justice/1616237002/

But Im not even talking only large scale. People here are saying that they are nervous around women because of the things that may happen in their everyday lives, like at their jobs or within friendships. And Im arguing that, this must mean that any anti-men stance women have should be 100% accepted and justified on this logic then. Because their statistic is a lot higher than ours.

>>324385
and nobody is saying that isnt bad (or at least Im not) but put the 260 in perspective vs the 12740 people who werent lying.
>>
>>324386
Perhaps the polling is wrong then, because all the elected officials who decided to confirm kavanaugh were duly elected.
In the same way that polling which said Hillary Clinton had a 98 or 99% chance of winning was wrong.
>>
>>324314
Ha! Same thing happened at my shop. Only, they did manage to fire her due to her own incompetence. She managed to fall out of a CnC machine when changing parts and break a leg. so the company built a special safety stairs for her to use and said she had to use it. people joked, she refused to use it, she got fired for refusing to use a safety device. Now she is suing the company. Honestly, she has cost the company a lot of money in scrapped parts, 4 different harassment claims and now a lawsuit. I don't think we are gonna hire any women under 40 anymore, as an unspoken new rule for HR.
>>
>>324387
this is dumb, but in a deliberate way. Your idea works on the assumptions that:

>people will agree 100% with what their elected officials do, all the time
>the only people who can be polled are people who voted for these people (less than half of the US voted in 2016)
>they were all duly elected, meaning gerrymandering and voter suppression has had zero effect

and falling back on the one statistic that apparently proves every poll from now on is wrong because that one was, just to disregard a pretty easy to believe statement
>>
>>324388
I am going to contrast that with another lady that works at the same shop. She is in her 70s, used to be in the Navy, way back in the 70s. She tells raunchy jokes, drinks and curses and just generally acts like a salty sailor and one of the guys. She is treated with a lot of respect in the company. Like, no one messes with her, she has a great position as a senior Inspector.

I have been drinking with her at a bar during a retirement part, you get a few drinks in her and the sailor really comes out. she was embarrassing some the guys with the raunchy jokes she was telling. she is great lol.

Younger women just are too sensitive and don't understand how to fit in to a male dominated field.
>>
>>324389
People don't agree with elected officials 100% of the time. If it is enough of a problem those people will be thrown out of office during the next election.
And it's not that only people who voted can be polled, but rather that most people don't really care outside of the beltway. The people who picked up the phone and pressed the buttons to answer the survey were a select group, and out of those who answered even more were likely low information poll respondents, who could not name a single case that Brett Kavanaugh decided on. If they wanted to dismiss this concern, they could have done some skill testing questions in the polling, to gauge how much the polled public knew about his voting record, but didn't.

And yes, they were duly elected, I am excluding gerrymandering, voter supression, voter fraud, and foreign and domestic intervention, be it from google, the mainstream media, china and so on.

I am saying that unaccountable polling is not very convincing, because if they were so completely wrong and don't change their methods, why should I trust them?
>>
>>322988
Fuck off drumpftard
how about you stop raping womyn you rethuglican
>>
>>324394
This is just more dismissal based on assumptions to further an opinion you already have. You're also saying the system isnt broken because if it was it would fix itself, which only furthers status quo, and ignores a lot of issues (like the ones you mentioned)

Healthy skepticism of polls (and the news) is good. Outright dismissal is not. However, this is veering a bit off topic now
>>
>>324396
Well, to put my ideology into words, we live in a fallen world. There are no perfect choices, only tradeoffs. The American voters chose representatives for a reason, and the fact many of them chose republicans over democrats, means there is something that the republican officials have that the democrats do not, perhaps their economic policies. And, so, in this imperfect world of tradeoffs, voters put more of an importance on the economy, instead of brett kavanaugh, and if public sentiment swings, they may decide to put more emphasis on who the senators are electing to the supreme court.
The system is working as intended
>>
>>324398
but this only works in a world where voting and choices are completely just, everyone has access to all the information, none of it is skewed or misrepresented, everyone is allowed an equal chance to vote on people, and people vote on issues rather than purely based on ideology or partisan values. That isnt our reality. Reminder that people were voting for a pedophile because he was #red. Though I assume you would say Roy Moore lost so the system is working.

I mean, watching Fox News makes someone less informed than watching no news at all. Though I saw that from a study that used polls and so you might dismiss that part as well.
>>
This isn't about innocent or guilty in a court of law, but in the court of public opinion. Thus, it is smartest to avoid even the chance if an accusation, as people have their lives ruined simply from the accusation.
>>
>>324393
>way back in the 70s.
this hurt more than it should
>>
>>324399
No, I would argue on other grounds.
https://www.city-journal.org/html/real-war-science-14782.html
John Tierney expresses the concerns I have in better ways than I would be able to.
>>
>>324399
as for that's in a world where voting and choices are completely just, maybe?
I think there's some low information voters who self select out of the voting process, in the same way people who are bad at driving choose not to drive.
There is skewing and misrepresentation, but, again we live in a fallen world with tradeoffs, and no perfect solutions. So, in the same way a prosecutor and defense attorney skew the facts of a case, so too does the democratic party and republican party.
People are sometimes allowed to vote directly on issues, as opposed to on elected officials who decide on issues on their behalf, but again, the method of government in a federation of states with representatives elected to represent constituents in their district, is the system working as intended.
If you want to do away with that as a method of government, there is an amendment process to amend the constitution, but there's not really much support to change the government in that way.
People voted for Roy Moore because we live in a fallen world, so they thought that the allegations of sexual assault was less important than the lives of unborn children, because they believe that abortion is murder, and the democratic opponent was pro-choice.
>>
>>324406
Can I just say that I really like this conversation we're having
>>
>>322790
Thanks a lot Femmicommies!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.